Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

It's really a miracle that any of us are born, and then go on to survive..

This has made me reconsider suicide and even my views on abortion. I wasn't going to kill myself, but I was kind of hoping for death until I saw this.

Not only are our bodies constantly at war, from the moment of contraception, the contracepted egg is marked as foreign and targeted for DESTRUCTION throughout its entire nine months of development.

The placenta allows for passage of vital oxygen and nutrients, but not blood which is loaded with immune cells. So, how does the fetus evade attack without immune cells? I guess the placenta is a real fortress.

And did you know sperm are masters of subversion?I found this fascinating. As foreigners in a hostile body, they employ several strategies to survive their mission, including a fluid coating that may hide their antigens.

I always thought women were the masters of subversion. I guess not.

If you ever get a chance to look at Nat Geo June 1986, do it. The pictures are fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 3001/26/2013

In other words, Nat Geo June 1986 "saved" my life. Well, kind of.

I so wish Murdoch never got hold of this masterpiece of a magazine. He's ruined it.

by Anonymousreply 111/21/2011

So fucking what? It's not a person from the moment of conception.

by Anonymousreply 211/21/2011

This smells very troll-esque.

Nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 311/21/2011

by Anonymousreply 411/21/2011

From the moment of contraception? The *exact* moment? Are ya sure, OP? Are ya really sure?

by Anonymousreply 511/21/2011

OP makes me reconsider suicide.

by Anonymousreply 611/21/2011

I don't get it OP. So finding out that your body has been fighting for life every minute of every day (which it was genetically programmed to do) has made you less depressed and suicidal? Actually, the revelation that you were dumb enough not to understand that all along should have made you more suicidal. But congrats, glad you "get it" now, but you realize your subconscious will fight for life NO MATTER WHAT your conscious mind thinks, don't you? How 'bout this one. Dogs are better than people, yet they rarely live to more than 15. Being good and having a nice life has nothing to do with longevity and never will. it's what you want to do with your life that counts.

by Anonymousreply 711/21/2011

you are a child of the universe, no less than the stars or the sky, you have right to be here.

by Anonymousreply 811/21/2011

All you have to do is look at plants growing in pavement cracks to know that life is insistent. Anywhere it can be, it will be. You're nothing special, OP.

by Anonymousreply 911/21/2011

OP is just now trying MDMA for the first time.

by Anonymousreply 1011/21/2011

Life is insistent, but considering that tens of millions of sperm cells are released per ejaculation, and that only a small percentage of ejaculations result in a pregnancy, and that not all pregnancies are carried to term, the chances that one particular sperm cell and one special egg cell would combine and succeed in creating the unique being that is you are probably orders of magnitude smaller than the odds of you winning the Powerball lottery.

by Anonymousreply 1111/22/2011

What, R4?

by Anonymousreply 1211/22/2011

you were born that way OP, and countless other organisms had to be raped and killed for you to be born

“This business of life living on life, on death, had been in process for millions of years before eyes opened and became aware of what was going on out there… Think also that before you were even born, the organs of life had evolved which depended on their existence on the death of others… This is what you are, this monster which is life. Life is a monstrous, horrendous presence, and you live on it. You wouldn’t be here, if it weren’t for that.” - Joseph Campbell

by Anonymousreply 1311/22/2011

Even more fascinating is the kill switch in your head that can be activated by chemical imbalances.

Remember the ban on Halcion?

Did you know that Hep-C treatment involves putting together a suicide prevention plan because suicidal ideation is so common during treatment?

Are you aware that people with mild depression are warned to alert their doctors if they suddenly stop taking their meds because they 'don't need them anymore'?

Any moment a flashback from your druggie days could throw you into a death spiral.

by Anonymousreply 1411/22/2011

R11 doesn't understand how low the odds of winning the Powerball are. Also, all those sperm are identical so which one wins is a matter of indifference. If another had "won" out, it is extremely unlikely you'd be any different than you are.

by Anonymousreply 1511/22/2011

R15, all sperm cells from a single individual are most certainly not identical. Most obviously, there would only be one sex were that the case.

by Anonymousreply 1611/22/2011

I sort of want to gently lift OP over the edge of the basket and release him/her into space ... just like an angel.

by Anonymousreply 1711/22/2011

OP forgets the same is true of Kim Kardashian and Newt Gingrich.

by Anonymousreply 1811/22/2011

[quote]the moment of contraception

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 1911/22/2011

If only OP had been "contracepted."

by Anonymousreply 2011/22/2011

OP, your contraception was a contrapuntal smorgasbord of jizz and cunt goo.

You sing that body Selectric and don't let anyone distinguish your flame.

by Anonymousreply 2111/23/2011

I remember the exact moment my father's egg collided with my mother's sperm. It was magickal. As majickal as rape can be.

by Anonymousreply 2211/23/2011

[quote]So finding out that your body has been fighting for life every minute of every day (which it was genetically programmed to do) has made you less depressed and suicidal?

It has also made him anti-abortion, though why his opinion on what women should do with their bodies is relevant, I have no idea.

('I always thought women were the masters of subversion.'? WTF does that even mean?)

And if you don't understand what R4 meant by 'Mary!', you are not qualified to be on DL, OP. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 2311/23/2011

[quote]All you have to do is look at plants growing in pavement cracks to know that life is insistent. Anywhere it can be, it will be.

And then a dog comes along and shits on ya.

by Anonymousreply 2411/23/2011

Yes r14, if you chemically induce the imbalance with drugs. We are talking about nature/genetics.

by Anonymousreply 2511/23/2011

OP, if it changed your mind on abortion (made you one of the anti-abortion assholes), then maybe you should go back to thinking about suicide.

I always thought more knowledge made people more intelligent, but clearly it hasn't done that for you.

by Anonymousreply 2611/23/2011

What is R14's point?

by Anonymousreply 2711/24/2011

[quote]And then a dog comes along and shits on ya.

Well, that's part of life. Without the bad, how would you know the good?

by Anonymousreply 2801/25/2013

I have grown to loathe Joseph Campbell. I don't care what he says, do not respect his authority, and dismiss his hatred of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 2901/25/2013

[quote]Remember the ban on Halcion?

No? I must be too young. What happened? Cause I'm taking Halcion now!

by Anonymousreply 3001/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!