Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Suburgatory on ABC - Is anyone watching this?

The actress playing the snarky teenage daughter is really pretty, but it's embarrassing that they're trying to make her a 15 year old (she actually turned 16 in last night's episode).

Even to be so young looking, it's obvious this girl is in her early to mid 20s, but she's supposed to be a young teenager?

by Anonymousreply 2904/04/2013

When I first watched it, I thought she was playing Jeremy Sisto's wife. That would be more believable.

by Anonymousreply 111/17/2011

Actually you're right R1, she seems like more his wife. And sisto seems out of place here. he just isn't coming across as the flustered dad of a savvy New York City teenage girl.

I think there's some serious miscasting here but the show is still a bit fun.

by Anonymousreply 211/17/2011

I agree, it's been fun to watch in some aspects. Cheryl Hines and the girl who plays her daughter are hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 311/17/2011

Cheryl Hines' fake looking teeth are so distracting I can't watch the show. That, and the fact that it's really, really bad.

by Anonymousreply 411/17/2011

I couldn't disagree more about Cheryl Hines. Loved her on CYE, but I just can't stand that accent she's attempting on Suburgatory.

by Anonymousreply 511/17/2011

It has moments but as a whole isn't quite working. It's a mash-up of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES and MTV's show AWKWARD. I think AWKWARD is better.

by Anonymousreply 611/17/2011

Oh and I think Alan Tudyk is cute.

by Anonymousreply 711/17/2011

R7, is Alan Tudyke the guy who plays Cheryl Hines' character's husband? If so, I think he's smokin sexy.

by Anonymousreply 811/17/2011

I enjoyed it for a couple weeks, but less so as the season goes on.

There's something "off" about it, including the fact that the daughter looks much older. Just not enough to laugh about.

Only reason to watch now is Jeremy Sisto.

by Anonymousreply 911/17/2011

Alan Tudyk was in the British version of "Death at a Funeral." He played the guy who took the wrong pill and ended up on the roof naked.

by Anonymousreply 1011/17/2011

I think Jay Mohr plays Cheryl Hines husband.

by Anonymousreply 1111/17/2011

Jeremy Sisto seem a lot hotter to me now than he was on "Six Feet Under." He's a DILF!

by Anonymousreply 1211/17/2011

Alan Tudyk looks bad in this. Too blond, plastic and spray-tanned. Very feminine and cheesy.

by Anonymousreply 1412/08/2011

I hate that the 21-playing-15-year-old daughter calls her father "George."

It seems so bratty.

This show has problem with tone. The Sisto and Hines characters don't belong in the same show together, much less in the same conversation.

by Anonymousreply 1512/08/2011

[quote]I'm confused about the relationships as well. Jay Mohr plays Cheryl Hines husband but are they still married? He doesn't seem to be around much and she's pretty blatantly putting the moves on Jeremy Sisto. And who is Alan Tudyk married to?

Jay's character is very controlling ( no shoes in the house...) and on the road a lot so Cheryl's character gets lonely and is attracted to Sisto. You haven't seen Tudyk's wife. He is Sisto's long time college friend. I like it a lot. Last night had some good laughs as opposed to last night's laugh free overpraised "Modern Family".

by Anonymousreply 1612/08/2011

tried to start watching this show, but it lost my interest. Jeremy Sisto, who i usually like, doesn't exactly seem in his element in comedy, and it seems very noticeable to me.

by Anonymousreply 1712/08/2011

I really hate the performance of the lead actress.

by Anonymousreply 1812/08/2011

What is the character's name? The 21 playing 15 year old?

by Anonymousreply 1912/08/2011

Alan Tudyk's wife has been seen once, during the Thanksgiving episode a couple of weeks back. She's uber bitchy and proper and apparently is the nemesis of Cheryl Hines' character. That's been the only time she's been seen.

I have no idea why but I find Tudyk oddly sexy. I don't think I'd ever seen him in anything prior to this show.

The lead female character is a pretty girl but even as young as she is, she is WAY too old to be playing a 16 YEAR OLD!!! Yeah, her character only turned 16 last week. I think the way she calls her dad "George" is sorta cute.

It's been apparent for a while that Sisto and Hines' characters would hook up, but I don't think they're gonna go all the way with it. They'll want to keep the rich, air headed frau in her own element to provide comic and emotional relief in the show; hooking her up with Sisto to the point of move-in/marriage would kill the show.

I hate the weird neighbor girl across the street. I know we're supposed to cheer for her, but she plays too mentally unbalanced. I think she's supposed to be the oppressed tennage girl who gradually comes into her own and breaks free of her overbearing bitch of a mother. Instead, she comes across as someone who needs to be hospitalized and is capable of killing baby kittens.

More of her brother though please, especially in car washing or locker humping scenes!

by Anonymousreply 2012/08/2011

I love this show, I have no problem entering into an agreement as I watch an episode that I won't give a shit if the teenager looks older than 16 as long as they make me laugh. And they always do.

Of course Cheryl Hines and Jeremy Sisto act as if they are from two different shows, this is a fish out of water series like Green Acres, with Sisto as Oliver Douglas. Of course Cheryl Hines's teeth look surreal and Alan Tudyk looks spray-tanned... from episode one these were identified as signifiers of the plastic lives in the suburbs. Of course they subvert this with acts of kindness regularly perpetrated on the daughter by the suburbanites she disdains.

As for Jeremy Sisto, he can bareback me and shoot his sperms in my quivering honeybadger butthole. I'll take PEP, my honeybadger butthole don't give a shit, my honeybadger butthole is badass.

by Anonymousreply 2112/08/2011

I'm also loving the more mature, thicker Jeremy Sisto. But in my dream last night he was on all fours being spit-roasted and moaning in ecstasy.

by Anonymousreply 2212/08/2011

Like the rest of the ABC Wednesday night line-up, it's a "hit or miss" show. Some nights, like the other night, it moves along pretty well, is moderately to really amusing and you actually care about the characters. On other nights it can be the longest half hour in sitcom history. The Middle, Modern Family, and Happy Endings are the same way.

by Anonymousreply 2312/08/2011

Is Ana Gasteyer's character married to Alan Tudyk's character? For some reason I got that impression.

I like the show but haven't watched regularly. I'm hot and cold on Cheryl hines' character (and Cheryl herself) but I definitely don't want her hooking up with Sisto. I can't figure out what he would see in her.

by Anonymousreply 2412/09/2011

I'm in love with girl who play Dalia. Friggen hysterical.

And why would Jeremy Sisto's character be dating Cheryl Hines' character? She's so incredibly odd looking and unattractive and skeletal.

by Anonymousreply 2503/01/2013

I endure its idiocy for the occasional glimpse of horsey-hunky Parker Young:

by Anonymousreply 2603/01/2013

Chris Parnell plays Ana Gasteyer's husband.

by Anonymousreply 2703/01/2013

This show is a mess and the main red-head girl is the least interesting character. No way would she be dating the hunky idiot football player neighbor. He is pretty to look at though. Wish they'd hook him up with Malik, his sister's boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 2803/01/2013

OMG, the stupid rich girl, 'Dalia' is a fucking BLAST!!!

How is this show not getting more buzz with this girl's scenes? Last week her mom found out she's a hoarder... Her name is 'Dalia Oprah Royce'.

It's pretty fucking funny stuff. Yeah, the redhead girl is sorta insufferable and WAYYY too old for that part, but I think she's really pretty.

The blonde guy who plays the dentist... I have no idea why, but I get an immediate hard on when I see that guy. Something about him drives me nuts.

Who else is watching this? It's the most quirky, campy show since Ugly Betty

by Anonymousreply 2904/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!