Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michael Jackson really had no relationship with his family

Did he? Their emotions seem wan and artificial. I think they had a lot of resentment against him, maybe because they felt they helped in his success, and should receive more of the pie.

He didn't want to be a Jackson and he didn't want to be black. And he didn't want his children to be black or Jackson.

I think they still show up at trials and such because that's where their future money is coming from: the Michael Jackson Estate. Lord knows besides Janet none of them have had an income in years.

by Anonymousreply 70November 17, 2011 1:24 AM

A very unhappy, dysfunctional bunch.

by Anonymousreply 1November 10, 2011 12:40 AM

Jackson's family members just want to both lay the blame for Michael's death on someone so that they can keep themselves in the money.

Their interest in the case against Conrad Murry keeps them in the press, allows them to promote whatever money grubbing agenda is next for them, keeps them close to Michael's kids (who have his money) and now allow them the opportunity to create additional lawsuits from which they can gain settlements.

They're a bunch of self-serving leeches. I feel sorry for Michael's kids that they have to grow up around such dysfunctional, sycophantic manipulators.

by Anonymousreply 2November 10, 2011 12:59 AM

The parents have a really twisted relationship that fostered an atmosphere of use and abuse of MJ and his siblings. As the most talented and wealthy, he was the most used and the most abused. And now he's gone and they are playing their part in the billion dollar industry of his estate, still living off of him after all these years. What a sick family. They allegedly tried to stage an intervention but I'm sure for monetary reasons, when they saw their cash cow disintegrating. He consciously kept himself away from them when he was alive.

by Anonymousreply 3November 10, 2011 1:06 AM

Conrad Murray had to be found guilty. Civil Suits. Katharine's probably promised all that money to the brothers and sisters and no-good husband so they'll leave her the fuck alone.

by Anonymousreply 4November 10, 2011 1:11 AM

There were cameras present. It was an easy way to get attention. Pathetic lot of mediocre, talentless media whores.

by Anonymousreply 5November 10, 2011 1:23 AM

Janet Jackson already revealed that they hardly see each other, and aren't close. They're entire act is just that: an act.

by Anonymousreply 6November 10, 2011 1:24 AM

The Kardashians in 8 years = the Jacksons now

by Anonymousreply 7November 10, 2011 1:26 AM

The Jackson Family Honors....

Money!

by Anonymousreply 8November 10, 2011 1:56 AM

The only brother that is broke is Jermaine. Rebbie, Jackie, Tito, Marlon, Latoya, and Randy have all made lives for themselves outside of Michael's money. They had to, Michael didnt have any money when he died, and his estate pays millions to attorneys until this day. Janet covered all the gaps for Katherine when Michael was broke.

Janet did a MTV interview in 1986 when she was just blowing up and she wasn't quite so careful about what she said about Michael. She said she could never be as antisocial as he was, locking himself up for days at time. Janet's fans dont let that video stay online for long because its the one time she was condescending towards him, basically calling him a weirdo. She never said that again after the media turned on Michael a couple of years later.

by Anonymousreply 9November 10, 2011 2:00 AM

Jermaine is curently on Piers Morgan. He just now proclaimed, "It's irrevelent!" (sic) He repeated it again. "It's irrevelent!"

by Anonymousreply 10November 10, 2011 2:11 AM

Sad or telling that Jermaine references his family in third person, as "it."

by Anonymousreply 11November 10, 2011 10:05 AM

They are typical for a family of sexually abused siblings, very typical- from their baby-voice to their failed marriages to their strained interpersonal family dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 12November 10, 2011 10:24 AM

But what do they all live on? Whatever recording and concert monies has to be long gone after trying to live the Beverly Hills lifestyle for decades. Latoya has surely spent her nudie checks. We're talking grandchildren and in some cases great-grandchildren. What are they supposed to do, work as clerks at the DMV?

This is why I think he was murdered: WE. NEED. MONEY. NOW! They devoured him like the starving urchins did Sebastian in "Suddenly, Last Summer".

All his money- ALL of it- should go to those three children. And maybe a little to whatever caretakers are assigned to raise them.

by Anonymousreply 13November 10, 2011 7:14 PM

Michael never got all those surgeries to look white. He got all those surgeries to look like Christ. In fact, in the Martin Bashir interview, he said he wanted to be like Christ. Of course he knew he wasn't Christ, but, in a way, it didn't stop him from having a Christ complex. That is he can do no wrong.

by Anonymousreply 14November 10, 2011 7:24 PM

As of right now the MJ estate is almost solvent. They paid out 30 mil. 40% to Katherine, 40% to his children, and 20% to charity. His will dictated such terms with regards to the percents.

Now. We all know that Katherine's monies are going to everyone but Janet without a doubt. Shit. Katherine has been raising her own grandchildren (not counting MJ's children, that is different) for ages now with no end in sight.

So whatever. I am not a Lipstick Alley refugee, btw. I just think that since MJ tended to all three of those children then that makes them his. Fuck if I care what the turkey baster really held.

by Anonymousreply 15November 10, 2011 7:25 PM

Screwed up family, and Michael even more screwed up than them. Serious serious addict for many many years.

by Anonymousreply 16November 10, 2011 7:27 PM

From everything I've read Michael adored his mother, although he distanced himself from her for lengths of time because he knew she wanted him to stop drugging. He also loved his sister Reebie (the only child in the family who seems to not be fame whorish). The rest of them (especially Joe) he hated with a passion and wouldn't even let them on the property.

by Anonymousreply 17November 10, 2011 8:16 PM

Michael always supported his mother, Katharine, and when the cash flow dried up temporarily, Janet took over that responsibility. He was closest to Rebbie and Janet, but his brothers he hardly ever spoke to.

He did love his nieces and nephews though and would help them out. But his brothers were on their own. Jermaine is the greediest, the others have done OK as producers, musicians, etc.

by Anonymousreply 18November 10, 2011 8:23 PM

Randy, Jackie, and Marlon have had financial problems. LaToya had almost nothing after she left Jack Gordon.

by Anonymousreply 19November 10, 2011 8:28 PM

His Children can't be black i'm sorry but they aren't Bi racial either.... I don't think they are his biological children, striaght hair, blue eyes? Michael was born a black man, tho he died looking nothing like one...

by Anonymousreply 20November 10, 2011 8:35 PM

I think the best book on the Jacksons was by Margaret Maldonado called "Jackson Family Values." She "shared" Jermaine with Hazel Gordy (I guess Hazel kept all that Motown money for herself) before marrying him. Margaret was a runaway drugged up model who thought she'd hit the jackpot with Jermaine. She cleaned herself up, tried to help as much as she could and became close with Katharine, who trusted her. She tells an interesting tale of their life together. Love the part about "Madame Bongo!"

by Anonymousreply 21November 10, 2011 8:57 PM

They really had very little contact with Michael. I remember Blanket was a year old and even though Janet lived only 50 miles away, she said she had never met him. That family simply revolts me. Anyone with a brain knew Michael would eventually molest his own boys, I'm glad he died.

by Anonymousreply 22November 10, 2011 9:11 PM

Michael Jackson done fucked him some kids

But that's not all he did

He fucked up his face

'Cause he hated his race

Michael Jackson done fucked him some kids

Conrad Murray will be under house arrest

'Cause he is just the best

Played himself dumb

But didn't use a gun

Conrad Murray done offed himself a kiddie fucker

'Cause he was a succour

Michael Jackson done fucked himself some kids

by Anonymousreply 23November 10, 2011 9:30 PM

Jermaine was on Ellen yesterday and it was odd how he spoke of MJ - almost like an adoring fan. The way he talked about the last time they were together - at some HUGE family get together and Jermaine said he complimented MJ on some song he'd written. Sounded like a strangely formal relationship and very distant. He speaks of MJ like some sort of religious icon, not a flesh and blood relative.

I have a feeling the family treated MJ like some kind of deity that could do no wrong.

by Anonymousreply 24November 10, 2011 9:57 PM

While I agree with you R20, that his kids probably aren't his biologic offspring, you don't seem to get that being a parent has nothing to do with DNA. The parent is the one who raises you, not the one where you get your blue eys, or straight hair.

With the crazy he came from, and lived with in his own problems, I can totaly see him not wanting to pass on that DNA.

by Anonymousreply 25November 10, 2011 10:04 PM

Billy Crystal is the true father of those kids.

by Anonymousreply 26November 10, 2011 10:09 PM

Janet has also bailed out her brothers in the past. All of them, with the exception of Rebbie, have been sucking off her or Michael for years.

Once Katharine dies, there will be a never-ending battle over her share of Michael's estate. Hopefully, she hangs on until the kids are old enough to have their own lives.

by Anonymousreply 27November 10, 2011 10:10 PM

I get the feeling that the oldest boy Prince (?) was groomed (no, not THAT way, my God at least I hope not) by Jackson as he got older. He seems pretty self-assured and centered. I bet he knows exactly who is supposed to get what from his father's estate. This kid's going to do something special one day.

by Anonymousreply 28November 12, 2011 3:32 AM

They don't care. They've even put the deathbed up for auction. They'd sell flakes of his flesh, strands of his hair and vials of his blood if they thought they could get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 29November 12, 2011 3:50 AM

Now that the immediate world knows that Michael Jackson was a bed-wetter up until his death, it's easy to realize why his family wanted to keep away from him.

by Anonymousreply 30November 12, 2011 3:55 AM

The interviews with his security team after he died pretty much said it all. Even if Michael's family wanted to be close to him in those last few years, they couldn't. Michael was rarely in the US after that last trial in 2005, until "This Is It" came along. Wealthy people in foreign countries were accommodating him and his kids because he was broke. It will be interesting to see what his kids reveal in books one day.

by Anonymousreply 31November 12, 2011 4:30 AM

Are you kidding? That's their son/brother, of course they loved him and want justice. He made his bed but they tried to help him through the years, which has been verified by multiple, unrelated sources close to him. Being an attention whore, like Jermaine, for instance, doesn't mean they aren't human beings, too. There's no way you can fake that reaction to his death, you just can't (I mean the individual reactions, like Latoya coming to the hospital, that was genuine fear and grief on her face).

by Anonymousreply 32November 12, 2011 6:11 AM

[quote]Latoya coming to the hospital, that was genuine fear and grief on her face

No doubt she was in fear of losing that money source.

by Anonymousreply 33November 12, 2011 10:02 AM

Now that Michael is dead, his doctor in jail, can we just ignore the rest of his family? They have ways of making a profit off of Michael for years but that doesn't mean we have to pay attention to the rest of his loser family?

by Anonymousreply 34November 12, 2011 11:49 AM

One of Jermaine's ex-wives had a baby or two with little brother Randy, if I am remembering my Jackson family values correctly.

For some reason, the lasting image I have of Michael is one from his big TV interview with Martin Bashir several years back. Micheal was going through a big store full of "priceless" antiques and just pointing at things from across the room and saying: I want that and that and that and so on as he walked by. It was thousands of dollars of stuff being randomly chosen. So odd. Later on I read that every single piece was sent back or never even left the store. It was all for show, wanting to leave the impression that he was still super rich.

"This Is It" rehearsals keep popping up on cable and I can't see anything new or fresh about what he was going to do in the show. Same old dance moves, same old songs. But the way the people around him defer to him is amazing to watch. I never suspected he was drug addicted. He looks in pretty good form in the rehearsals.

by Anonymousreply 35November 12, 2011 11:58 AM

Even worse are the people who know minor Jacksons like LaToya or Jermaine and never shut up about it.

by Anonymousreply 36November 12, 2011 12:07 PM

It's Michael's daughter who impresses me as the shrewdest of the kids. I think she has mother Debbie's steely reserve. The two Princes seem kinda goofy.

by Anonymousreply 37November 12, 2011 3:35 PM

I'm agreeing with Drunk Naomi.

by Anonymousreply 38November 12, 2011 3:38 PM

The muckraking MSNBC trial show that ran last night was pretty interesting. It features footage of the doc and his defense team behind the scenes, and leaves you with a 'nicer' view of Murray, who cries on camera. Not that I agree with that. Presumably this is an example of TV getting paid access: they also report during the show that the doc was short of funds and hadn't paid his lawyers in awhile.

by Anonymousreply 39November 12, 2011 3:49 PM

It almost seems like the doctor spent more time womanizing then he spent doctoring.

by Anonymousreply 40November 12, 2011 3:54 PM

R28 I have read two (wholesome) rumors about the oldest child more than the once from more than one source and I think they are both true.

The first one is that Prince was being groomed (in the utmost wholesome of fashions) to be the gentleman of the house when MJ was to have had his tour. That helped Prince step into a leadership role when he and his siblings had to go live with Katherine.

I have also read more than the once that Prince earns very high marks at school.

by Anonymousreply 41November 12, 2011 3:58 PM

[quote]His Children can't be black i'm sorry but they aren't Bi racial either.... I don't think they are his biological children, striaght hair, blue eyes? Michael was born a black man, tho he died looking nothing like one

You would be surprised at what genetics can come up with. In a recent BBC series on mixed race Britain, one program looked at twins with different skin tones. Scroll down to the bottom of the linked page and look at Wesley. His mother is black with a very dark skin tone. He just looks like a typical blond blue-eyed white man. Michael Jackson's children look more mixed race than he does.

Ignore the blog text in the link. It looks like it has been through Babelfish - several times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 12, 2011 4:05 PM

Wow, the text in R42's link is pure smut poetry -

“We’re usually brothers at a finish of a day,” he says, “and we don’t cruise of ourselves as any opposite to anyone else.”

by Anonymousreply 43November 12, 2011 4:14 PM

IDK, it seems pretty obvious that the two oldest kids are fairly 'normal' and kudos to MJ for raising two confident, pleasant, comfortable in their own skin, curious, achievement oriented, assertive kids with apparent social skills and ability to form friendships.

Now Blanket... ummmm. He gives pause to any belief of normalcy in that house hold of MJ's. Classic abused kid behavior: trust issues, extremely shy, inability to socialize outside of family, uncomfortable in public, no eye contact, fear of all strangers, the need for a protected environment... perhaps Blanket was Michael's 'chosen child'.

by Anonymousreply 44November 12, 2011 4:15 PM

That Blanket is going to be nothing but trouble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 12, 2011 4:21 PM

How could the older two be normal...with a mother like Debbie?

by Anonymousreply 46November 12, 2011 6:51 PM

"You would be surprised at what genetics can come up with. In a recent BBC series on mixed race Britain, one program looked at twins with different skin tones."

I should be extremely surprised if somoene with dark skin and African features produced two children who look completely white, one who looks like a Pacific Islander, and NONE who look black.

Yes, genetics produces all sorts of variations in skin tone, but not that much! Those kids don't have any of MJ's genes.

by Anonymousreply 47November 13, 2011 12:49 AM

Klein was the father and Debbie was the mother. Do you really think Michael was the father?

by Anonymousreply 48November 13, 2011 2:03 AM

Blanket's father is Marlon Brando's son Miko, I'm sure of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 13, 2011 2:52 AM

>>Michael never got all those surgeries to look white. He got all those surgeries to look like Christ.

Jesus looked like an Asian woman?

by Anonymousreply 50November 13, 2011 3:02 AM

[quote][Being groomed] helped Prince step into a leadership role when he and his siblings had to go live with Katherine

That makes sense. The kids are growing up so quickly now. Blanket is so cute but he always looks terrified while his brother and sister manage to smile.

I have no doubt Prince is getting good marks in school and that he was groomed by Michael to be the captain at the helm of the vast enterprise of a legacy his father left behind. Even when they were staying in the Mid East, Jackson must have known they would be rich again if he toured.

Ironically, it took Jackson's death for this to come true.

This is the photo that I think shows a real connection between father and son.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 13, 2011 3:17 AM

I think you could be right about Blanket but why get genes from THAT crazy clan?

by Anonymousreply 52November 13, 2011 3:43 AM

I don't think any of the children are Michael's. Michael's parents are both black, I don't believe any of the children are black.

by Anonymousreply 53November 13, 2011 3:47 AM

This isn't that surprising. I can see why with a dad like Joe Jackson you wouldn't want anything to do with your family, or at least with him.

by Anonymousreply 54November 13, 2011 3:49 AM

I doubt Jackson spent much time with them. He was drugged for hours at a timeto sleep, high when he was awake, and had rehearsal times and traveled alot.

I think he probably loved them in some abstract way since he lived in a make-believe world anyway.

Really, we have no idea that the kids are well-adjusted now. I hope they are but I can't think of anyone in that family that would be a good influence on them. Even MJ wanted Diana Ross to raise them instead of his own family.

I hope they stay out of the entertainment business and live fulfilling lives.

by Anonymousreply 55November 13, 2011 4:30 AM

How in the hell did MJ have no money? He made tons and tons.

by Anonymousreply 56November 13, 2011 6:08 AM

He was in debt up to his eyeballs. Jesse Jackson paid for Michael to get to his birthday party in 2007 because he couldn't afford the flight or a hotel.

Michael didnt want to see his family members. Randy crashed the fence at his house in Las Vegas when Michael told him go away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 13, 2011 6:37 AM

Mmmm....pie.

by Anonymousreply 58November 13, 2011 6:40 AM

R32 makes such a persuasive case for the simple humanity of this quintessential American family I almost forgot for half a second that the entire pack of them are ravenous corpse devourers who would push each other over a cliff to get the last bit of gristle of MJ's assbone.

by Anonymousreply 59November 13, 2011 7:19 AM

[r56] Neverland drained a lot the money from his account: It took $10 million to maintain it a year. and he would just spend monet freely, without a thought of responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 60November 13, 2011 7:21 AM

"Blanket's father is Marlon Brando's son Miko, I'm sure of it..."

I wonder if the baby was a result of Miko's dalliance with some woman, perhaps one of those women from Marlon's private island?

by Anonymousreply 61November 13, 2011 6:49 PM

Indirectly, I think he wanted to die. That face was already a nightmare, what would it be like in five years? His reputation was ruined. He was forced out of his beloved home. He was broke. He hadn't had a hit since 1995. The kids were getting older and were about to start noticing daddy was a little different. It was best for everyone that he died. Sorry, that's harsh, but its true.

by Anonymousreply 62November 13, 2011 7:25 PM

[quote]I have no doubt Prince is getting good marks in school

Really? You sound like one of the Anderfans who knows Anderson and Ben are ALWAYS together. Do you know for a fact what type of school Prince is in? Are you certain he's not being home schooled?

by Anonymousreply 63November 14, 2011 3:42 AM

Prince and Paris are attending an expensive school in Los Angeles.

Randy, Tito and Janet wanted the kids to live with Rebbie.

Jackie, Jermaine and LaToya wanted the kids to live with Katherine and their cousins because they don't like Rebbie's husband and probably never have.

I love how this article says Joe has some kind of hold on Katherine so she wont get divorced. That is hardly unique amongst older black couples. They just dont bother getting divorced, even if they haven't lived together for many years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 16, 2011 4:43 AM

They can't get divorced, otherwise they would spend a couple of million on divorce attorneys...who needs that shit?

by Anonymousreply 65November 16, 2011 5:47 AM

They've decided not to sell the deathbed following fan complaints.

by Anonymousreply 66November 16, 2011 2:20 PM

Why would fans care if the bed is sold or not? Do they wnt it in a museum?

by Anonymousreply 67November 16, 2011 2:33 PM

This is just good, cheap publicity for them and their brand. Makes them look like a loving supportive family. BTW, it also maybe improves their image in the black community. Until now they've just been an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 68November 16, 2011 4:29 PM

"This Is It" is on. Amazing to see the tour that was planned; with what looks like hundreds of dancers, costumes, props, sets, circus acts, and musicians, all centered around a walking skeleton who was about to die. It's like the Phantom of the Opera lived into the 21st century.

Could the tour ever have made money?

It was so expensive, offered no new material, and starring a groutesque. Maybe going for the life insurance money was the backers' best option.

by Anonymousreply 69November 16, 2011 11:16 PM

I also think Jackson wanted to die. 50 is a good year. He'd had a good run, bought some kids off their parents, copped a few feels, spooned with his favorite cancer victim. He was looking at a long downslide. Dead, his estate would bring in millions to his heirs. It was a genius career move when you think about it. And I'm sure Jackson thought about it. If he didn't administer that last dose himself, he paid someone a bag of cash to do it for him. Prince will take over. And he knows where everything is. Michael probably made Prince promise to put a hit out on old Joe's ass. Look for his obit soon.

by Anonymousreply 70November 17, 2011 1:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!