Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jim Parsons boyfriend

Who is he?

by Anonymousreply 5002/01/2013

You people really shouldn't be asking questions like that.

by Anonymousreply 111/08/2011

you people?!?!

Racism!! RACISM!!!!

by Anonymousreply 211/08/2011

Who cares?

Parsons comes off as such a snooty, obnoxious queen.

That shit show of his went to his head.

When it is over, so is he.

by Anonymousreply 311/08/2011

I was going to suggest R3 pull her head out of her ass, but how about she just leaves it there until she suffocates?

Parsons does not "come off" as anything but a funny, nervous, smart guy. They show is smart and funny and popular for good reason.

Parsons' boyfriend, Todd Spiewak.

by Anonymousreply 411/08/2011

R4 = Parsons

by Anonymousreply 511/08/2011

R3/5 = jealous bitter noob who can't bear to be told he's wrong. Though he is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 611/08/2011

Is the boyfriend on linkedin?

by Anonymousreply 811/08/2011

I think Jim Parsons comes across as really lovely R3. Maybe you've only seen him on Letterman, on whose show he's obviously more uncomfortable and nervous and seems to go partly into character as Sheldon, as many do on late night talkshows. I guess you could possibly interpret his nerves as snootiness there, other than that I just can't imagine anyone disliking him, he's that sweet.

By all online accounts Todd is very nice too.

It's said Todd's an art director in advertising. There are examples of his work online, assuming it's the same person. He also helped the wife of Jim's co-star Simon Helberg to design the website of the film they made together late last year, according to her on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 912/19/2011

R3 only lesbians and minorites get that kind of treatment here.

by Anonymousreply 1012/19/2011

Todd's great. Worked with him at Digitas. Really sweet guy.

by Anonymousreply 1112/19/2011

Mayim Bialik

by Anonymousreply 1212/19/2011

They must have a nice double-headed dildo, because they both scream "bottom".

by Anonymousreply 1312/20/2011

You can see Todd interacting briefly with Jim at the beginning of this video, and then standing in the background with Jim's publicist for the rest of it. I think he's gorgeous and has a nice smile. :)

by Anonymousreply 1412/20/2011

R14 if you read Todd's lips he's saying something like "I'd say we get out of here"

by Anonymousreply 1512/20/2011

Sweet! Jim is dating Ally Sheedy in drag, R4!

by Anonymousreply 1612/20/2011

R15 He doesn't look happy in this one either! He looks delighted whenever Jim wins something but I think he's quite uncomfortable in Hollywood environments, there are a few photos of them from other events where it looks like if it wasn't for supporting Jim he'd rather be anywhere else.

I wonder if Jim doesn't mention his private life partly because Todd is not the sort who would be happy with any kind of intrusion or level of fame above the little he has from just being seen with him. All the time Jim doesn't directly mention his personal life, they are afforded far more media privacy than the equivalent straight or verbally confirmed gay couple would be, even though almost everyone interested figures out they're together.

by Anonymousreply 1712/20/2011

r17 hits the nail squarely on the head.

by Anonymousreply 1812/20/2011

R18 Really? :) May I ask are you still in touch with them and is this 'Don't ask don't tell but do show' policy likely to last forever?

by Anonymousreply 1912/20/2011

by Anonymousreply 2012/20/2011

Well, Todd certainly married well. But it's nice he doesn't want to be David Burtka.

by Anonymousreply 2112/20/2011

R18, no.. R17 is an idiot. Saying "I'm gay" is not the same as dishing out every sordid detail about ones private life and who's fucking who. He can say "I'm gay, but I want to keep my private life private, and I hope the press respects that." It's as easy as that. He doesn't have to mention he has a partner at all.

by Anonymousreply 2212/20/2011

R22 They wouldn't respect that. They would no longer fear lawsuits or lost access, so just like most other actors he'd start getting asked personal questions instead of strictly professional ones, to which even answers of 'no comment' are scrutinised, and the amount of media coverage and gossip about them would increase.

Even if interest in them remained quite low, inevitably in every article and video about the initial coming out you'd find Todd's name, picture and any other known information, making him very much more recognisable overnight, which most non-famehounds would not appreciate.

by Anonymousreply 2312/20/2011

I was referring more to r17's 1st paragraph. he did indeed hit the nail on the head for someone who doesn't know him/them.

by Anonymousreply 2412/20/2011

Where can I find japanese paper tape in Los Angeles?

by Anonymousreply 2512/20/2011

I believe we've just had a Sheldon moment at r25.

by Anonymousreply 2712/20/2011

It's called washi tape and I don't have time to order it off the net.

by Anonymousreply 2812/20/2011

R23 is frighteningly stupid.

Celebrities and their agents/managers don't fear the media; they use them. It's not like the paparazzi or TMZ or ET don't know that Parsons is gay (or any of the others we talk about). They do. So do people who live in LA, where celebs don't bother to hide.

It's just agreed that unless a celeb comes out and announces it, the media won't print it. They never out anyone except in BIs. Doesn't mean they don't know.

Your scenario where celebs are intimidated by the media and the only thing that keeps tabloids or paps in check is the fear of being sued is laughable.

by Anonymousreply 2912/20/2011

Sheldon is all over this thread, R27. Visualize half these posts in his character.

by Anonymousreply 3012/20/2011

R29 "It's just agreed that unless a celeb comes out and announces it, the media won't print it. They never out anyone except in BIs. Doesn't mean they don't know."

That's what I said.

Not every actor wants to use their private life for publicity purposes. Some, perhaps most, realise the destructive influence that can have on it and would actually prefer the media to focus on their work and promotional appearances. The ambiguous way Jim goes about sharing his life is, whether deliberate or not, perfectly pitched to encourage them to do that.

In these cases, the media will keep a more respectful distance (relatively speaking) because these more private individuals are much more likely to react by not granting interviews, statements etc. to those outlets who've said or done something they really didn't like.

Fame addicts and those desperate to retain or regain their career can't help themselves and sometimes genuinely think no publicity is bad publicity, but with everyone else, at least among those the media value having future access to, they're usually a little more careful.

This way, almost everyone who wants to know about Jim's personal life, and many who just happen to see images and footage, work out that he's gay, so he doesn't have to feel like he's betraying his fellow LGBTs. At the same time, their relationship is subject to very, very little mainstream scrutiny because the media still rarely pluck up the courage to cross that line, and they're not quite sure where it is. All the while Jim hasn't addressed it himself, exactly how much they could get away with saying is unclear, so they rarely risk saying anything.

by Anonymousreply 3112/21/2011

Quite, R26. It's easy to not feel like you're communicating with a real human, who has a face, a background and a life, instead of just the string of text on your screen or the isolated thought that it represents. When interacting more directly, we tend not to be so easily angered by people we disagree with as we can assess their personality, age, intentions, mood, and the possible impact of our behaviour on them more easily.

by Anonymousreply 3212/21/2011

^ Sorry, above post is from R17, not 18.

by Anonymousreply 3312/21/2011

when is he gonna come out?

by Anonymousreply 3401/18/2012

There are great photographs of Jim and Todd at a recent Lakers game.

I can't link to any of them but there are at least 15, I'm just making sure I've found them all because they're really cute.

They would have known there would be photographers looking for famous people, too. The cast has been snapped there before. :)

by Anonymousreply 3503/24/2012

There's no link, R35, 'cause its BULLSHIT.

Jim is in NY rehearsing for the opening of HARVEY in April. There's no way he could have been at a Lakers game anytime in the last 3 weeks...

by Anonymousreply 3603/24/2012

picture delivery service

by Anonymousreply 3703/24/2012

Thanks R37. How come you can do that and I can't? The one with Kaley Cuoco photographing them is my favourite. 8)

R36 I'm not American but I'm pretty sure you can get from one side of the USA to the other in less than a 24 hours these days, unless you're posting from the 19th century.

by Anonymousreply 3803/24/2012

The British paper The Daily Mail featured one of the photographs and described Todd as his fiancé. Kind of inevitably under all the circumstances. Can we stop calling him closeted yet?

by Anonymousreply 3903/25/2012

They do both look like bottoms. Basically, they're a lesbian couple.

by Anonymousreply 4003/25/2012

i never got the big deal about jim till i realized that his the highest paid gay actor on Tv taking in 350k per episode

by Anonymousreply 4103/30/2012

Just watched the most recent episode, and I have to say, something id "off" about Jim Parsons.

The new longer hair isn't working, and he looks oddly pale, puffy, and all-over clammy.

by Anonymousreply 4203/30/2012

the episode last night was fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 4303/30/2012

No, r42, your TV was switched off when you were sat there moving around.

by Anonymousreply 4403/30/2012

[quote]Jim is in NY rehearsing for the opening of HARVEY in April. There's no way he could have been at a Lakers game anytime in the last 3 weeks...

See link. You want to screech a little louder, dear?

Imo, Jim Parsons is looking healthier and fuller in the face of late. He looks great. And really happy.

by Anonymousreply 4503/30/2012

Gee i dont get this!!! we keep obsessing that gay actors are not recognised in Hollywood.. We have Jim who plays Sheldon and all love him,,n then we start bitching about him...

by Anonymousreply 4603/30/2012

I'm pretty sure he's growing his hair out for Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 4703/30/2012

I really hope he cuts his hair short again, but I doubt that. It makes him look older. I know hes close to 40, but he does not look it. He's a sexy beast!!!

by Anonymousreply 4804/13/2012

Out and proud Parsons tonight on David Letterman!

by Anonymousreply 4905/31/2012

Jim and Todd wore matching rings to the SAG Awards. Screencaps are on Tumblr.

None of the press have mentioned and it and neither did any of the red carpet interviewers, even when talking about his clothes and accessories, despite him drawing attention to the hand, deliberately or not, more than once. Guiliana Rancic interviewed him along with Ellie Kemper at one point, and made a fuss of HER ring, which Ellie herself said was six-month-old news, and had her make her hand literally dance on a little platform set up for people to show off their rings. While ignoring the fact that a man who never wears jewellery was suddenly had a band on his wedding finger.

by Anonymousreply 5002/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.