Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

J. Edgar

What's it going to be like? Will it portray JEH (Leo di C.) having an actual sexual/romantic affair with his protege and constant companion Clyde Tolson (armie Hammer), or will it avoid being explicit about it? I've heard both things.

by Anonymousreply 2105/16/2013

I think this movie is gonna be a disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 111/06/2011

It's written by Dustin Lance Black.

by Anonymousreply 211/06/2011

Help me please. I'm drunk and suicidal. Any help gereatly appreciared. Who can I call? Thank you,

by Anonymousreply 311/06/2011

r3: go to bed and sober up.

by Anonymousreply 411/06/2011

I dont think it will be too sexually graphic with eastwood directing it. Wouldnt mind seeing hammer and maybe dicaprio as nude as possible though. Leonardo hasnt got nude since total eclipse i believe. He looked like a 14 yr old boy nude which didnt do it for me. He needs to show his junk now.

by Anonymousreply 511/06/2011

Stick with the Larry Cohen version.

by Anonymousreply 611/06/2011

Clint Eastwood is over-rated as a director. Actors love him, because he mostly let's them run the show on his sets. I've seen enough clips, and the trailer for J. Edgar, and the make-up is terrible! Just. Terrible.

Leo's accent is wrong. An inferior imitation. Hoover was a very evil little bulldog of a man. The late Vincent Gardenia was the best Hoover I've ever seen. I love Armie Hammer. His performance will likely be the only thing salvageable from this mess.

They can campaign all they like, but I really don't think it is a proper Oscar contender.

by Anonymousreply 711/06/2011

Best thing about it was Armie Hammer.

by Anonymousreply 808/11/2012

Did J. Edgar die in disgrace?

by Anonymousreply 908/11/2012

I thought Lindberg killed his own baby.

by Anonymousreply 1008/11/2012

[quote]Did J. Edgar die in disgrace?

No. Nixon wanted him out, but failed. Hoover died in office.

Nixon was disturbed by social unrest. He suspected that activists behind protest movements, marches, riots, etc., were directed by foreign agents or powers. Nixon pressed Hoover to have the FBI find out who was behind it. Hoover came back to Nixon and said his agents had found no such evidence. Nixon was not pleased.

by Anonymousreply 1108/11/2012

I've spent most of my life hating Hoover.

by Anonymousreply 1208/11/2012

I liked the Aviator. Is this an interesting movie as well?

by Anonymousreply 1305/05/2013

It's interesting, R13. Not a great or even a very good film, but it does try to explain how would someone so deeply closeted deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 1405/05/2013

Well, i'll maybe check it out this week. Ty R14.

by Anonymousreply 1505/05/2013

Was J.Edgar a closeted homo? Really?

by Anonymousreply 1605/07/2013

r16

J. Edgar was just barely in the closet. He appointed his boy friend Clyde Tolson associate director of the FBI. They were constant companions, both on and off duty. They even vacationed together. Hoover allowed Tolson to keep his FBI job far past retirement age. When Hoover died, he left his entire estate to Tolson. You do the math.

by Anonymousreply 1705/07/2013

R17...

:)

Alright!

by Anonymousreply 1805/07/2013

'J.Edgar' is not a boring movie as some of you might think that it is. It is a very interesting film based on true events and i like the way Clint Eastwood put emphasis on the drama of the situation. It's not just a movie about politics. It's closer to drama.

by Anonymousreply 1905/15/2013

I saw it too, finally. A very good one. It's not boring at all, i agree R19.

by Anonymousreply 2005/16/2013

It was tedious.

The writing has no aim and Leonardo is very community theater in this. He just can't play grown men convincingly.

by Anonymousreply 2105/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.