Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anita Bryant Wants A Gay Best Friend

"I went to Oklahoma and spent three days with her and Charlie," Hodge revealed to Malkin at GLSEN's Respect Awards. "I was the first gay man—gay person!—she agreed to talk to in 33 years."

by Anonymousreply 4803/28/2014

Biopic, not documentary? Wow, I wonder who will play Anita. I could see Witherspoon going after that role.

by Anonymousreply 111/03/2011

Fuck that God-damned hate-mongering bitch to Hell and back. It took more than 30 years to repeal some of the homophobic laws that were enacted as a result of her Save Our Children campaign.

She labeled EVERY gay man as a pedo and that same hateful label gets hurled dozens of times every week at DataLounge. More than a pie in the face, she deserves a kick in the cunt from every gay man in the nation.

by Anonymousreply 211/03/2011

She is a hate filled nasty human being. I don't forgive her for what she did to us, for what she did to me. She is on a very short list of people I don't think I'd swerve for if they stepped in front of my car. What a nasty cunt. I hope she dies a slow and torturous death; poor, friendless and alone.

by Anonymousreply 311/03/2011

She's now 71 and feeling a bit melancholy. Anita Bryant is an evil piece of garbage.

by Anonymousreply 411/03/2011

Too bad her own disgusting behavior insured no self respecting gay man would would even piss in her were she on fire.

by Anonymousreply 511/04/2011

Anita Bryant is never to relieved or forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 611/04/2011

Dye "Creepy Carrie's" hair brown & there you have it.

by Anonymousreply 711/04/2011

I wish we had that bitch's e-mail address.

by Anonymousreply 811/04/2011

How about Ann Coulter for the Bryant role!!

by Anonymousreply 911/04/2011

No doubt she regrets joining the Jerry Falwell bandwagon, in hindsight. Preying on her squeaky-clean mommy image, he ruined whatever career she had left (and I wonder if the Repugs were whispering political ambitions in her ear?).

Back then fear of homos was a big-money recruitment tool. And Falwell was the sleaziest of the slimeball, opportunistic "televangelists".

I'd forgive her if she did a disco tribute album, and donated all the proceeds to some anti-bullying campaign.

by Anonymousreply 1011/04/2011

[quote] Biopic, not documentary? Wow, I wonder who will play Anita.

There's only one obvious choice!

by Anonymousreply 1111/04/2011

Bump dump

by Anonymousreply 1205/18/2013

She deserve extra scorn and vilification for unleashing Kathy Lee Gifford on us.

by Anonymousreply 1305/18/2013

Why did you figure that, R14?

by Anonymousreply 1505/18/2013

Did she get a gay-handbag?

by Anonymousreply 1605/18/2013

"Hodge revealed to Malkin at GLSEN's Respect Awards. "I was the first gay man—gay person!—she agreed to talk to in 33 years.""

Goodness, she hasn't had her hair done in 33 years?

by Anonymousreply 1905/18/2013

r17 what makes you think she's coming around? There's no indication of that in the article.

She didn't say she wanted a gay friend. That was Hodge's tongue-in-cheek. He's gay and she opened up about her life and cried.

by Anonymousreply 2005/18/2013

"It's not the gay people (she objects to), it's the sin" of homosexuality, her husband said. "She tried to make that perfectly clear, but nobody would let it come out that way."

by Anonymousreply 2105/18/2013

That love the sinner, hate the sin shit is lame and totally unacceptable. It's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 2205/18/2013

The list of creditors in Bryant's Tennessee bankruptcy case includes more than 40 employees owed a total of $112,122 by the couple's corporation; the IRS, which is owed more than $80,000; local and state governments, owed $410,000; contractors and commercial lenders, owed more than $250,000; and about 60 retailers and small companies, owed $200,000.

by Anonymousreply 2305/18/2013

Both Anita and R17 need a big gay cunt punt.

by Anonymousreply 2405/18/2013

As the former general manager of Bryant's theater, it was Brion Bever whose credit was temporarily ruined when he signed for goods and was pursued in court by creditors. When a small sum of money trickled in one week, he said, Bryant's husband fired him during a dispute about which employees should be paid first.

Anita Bryant approached him on the day he was fired and dismissed all that he had been through.

"Anita looked at me and she says, "I forgive you,' " he recalled. "And I'm like, "For what?' She said, "I forgive you and God will forgive you, too.' And she turned around and walked off."

He is owed about $3,000, having deferred some of his salary so others could be paid.

Now recovered and in a new job, Bever says he was lied to and taken advantage of, but feels worse about the people who did business with Bryant because of him.

by Anonymousreply 2505/18/2013

No doubt, the R17 Fundie thinks local and state governments are holding a gridge simply because Anita and husband owe them $410,000.

by Anonymousreply 2605/18/2013

[quote]Goodness, she hasn't had her hair done in 33 years?

Spew!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2705/18/2013

She and her husband don't understand how many lives they affected with all of her hateful talk.

by Anonymousreply 2805/19/2013

[quote]She and her husband don't understand how many lives they affected with all of her hateful talk.

You give them too much credit. I honestly suspect they just don't care. After all, she was doing God's work.

by Anonymousreply 2905/19/2013

Anita was recently voted America's most admired woman.

by Anonymousreply 3005/19/2013

If you can't beat 'em, mock 'em.

I vote we name a gay event or a lesbian sex act 'the Anita Bryant'

Like any lesbian/gay sex act involving cumming on someone's face (in homage to the pie in the face) is hereforeto renamed and will be known as performing an Anita Bryant.

by Anonymousreply 3105/19/2013

Will this news prompt Armistead Maupin to complete the series again

by Anonymousreply 3205/19/2013

[quote]Like any lesbian/gay sex act involving cumming on someone's face (in homage to the pie in the face) is hereforeto renamed and will be known as performing an Anita Bryant.

Wouldn't replacing "cream pie" be more appropriate?

by Anonymousreply 3305/19/2013

The story at R25 clearly demonstrates the outlook of Bryant-type KKKristians.

by Anonymousreply 3403/22/2014

Many of you posters are so full of hatred. Is that what gay pride means to you? I marched against Anita in the late 70s. She was not alone in her views. The world has moved on and its time to forgive her.

by Anonymousreply 3503/22/2014

Forgive her?

She was a major hateful cunt who made the lives of young gay men hellish in her time.

It would seem from the article that she's also involved in slimy business practices.

by Anonymousreply 3603/22/2014

I don't know if this is true or not but I heard that Uma Thurman is playing Bryant.

by Anonymousreply 3703/22/2014

Ok, I forgive her.

But I will never forget her and the hate and the enviroment of hate she fostered during her time and actions.

by Anonymousreply 3803/22/2014

[quote]Many of you posters are so full of hatred. Is that what gay pride means to you?

Please explain where you're seeing the hate? Is it "hate" to point to the fact that she's a hate-monger and she bilked people out of thousands upon thousands of dollars. She caused people to lose their homes and livelihood.

She caused states to pass laws to prevent gays from adopting children. She's a monster.

Forgive her? She belongs in jail.

by Anonymousreply 3903/22/2014

Maybe Sheppard Smith could her her little gay buddy.

by Anonymousreply 4003/22/2014

Anita Bryant, line one, Fred Phelps holding for Anita Bryant on line one.

by Anonymousreply 4103/22/2014

[quote]The world has moved on and its time to forgive her.

Let her earn it by working to undo the wrong that she's done in the past. When she starts trying to do right by the countless people who have been hurt by her words and her actions, then we can talk about forgiveness.

by Anonymousreply 4203/22/2014

I wonder what Rosie O'Donnell would have to say about Anita. Rosie contributed thousands of dollars to lawyers who where fighting Florida's gay adotption ban. Bryant was the one who led the fight for that ban. The KKKristian bitch's speeches connected gay men with pedos. She wanted gay teachers to be fired from schools.

Florida's ex-governor Reuben Askew died this past week. He was a champion of Bryant and signed the law preventing gays from adopting. It took decades to have the law overturned, with thanks to Rosie.

by Anonymousreply 4303/22/2014

I can fully understand why someone would send her only "Paper Roses."

by Anonymousreply 4403/22/2014

Josh Kilmer-Purcell can send her some artisanal soap...and a casserole!

by Anonymousreply 4503/24/2014

fuck Anita.

by Anonymousreply 4603/24/2014

She's never said she wanted forgiveness wtf. w

by Anonymousreply 4703/24/2014

You guys have her all wrong. She has completely changed and is now VERY gay friendly and embracing of gays.

by Anonymousreply 4803/28/2014
Need more help? Click Here.