Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Top Chef Texas

Anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 59808/18/2013

I am! Only reality show I love!

by Anonymousreply 211/02/2011

Damn. Tom sent someone home before he even had a chance to get to the judges table.

by Anonymousreply 311/02/2011

This looks like it will be a great season. Strong contenders.

by Anonymousreply 411/02/2011

by Anonymousreply 511/02/2011

The bragging guy who didn't have basic chef skills was sent packing before he cooked. I have to admit it was kind of sweet watching Tom send him home!

by Anonymousreply 611/02/2011

Call me jingoistic. Iman American, and don't like it when these shows are shot in a foreign country.

by Anonymousreply 711/02/2011

I really enjoyed the first episode. The casting ses... Um, COOKING CONTEST was great. Oh look, the sassy big girls, the black man with a past trying to make it, and hot white guy made the cut!

by Anonymousreply 811/03/2011

I've recorded tonight but haven't been able to see it yet. How the heck do they have so many contestants? When I saw the number, I assumed that meant they would send like 10 folks home on the first day. Did they?

Seems like there will have to be a mass purge at some point unless they want the season to run for 6 months.

by Anonymousreply 911/03/2011

They had 29 chefs to start. Of them, 13 go home immediately.

I thought it was a really strong start

by Anonymousreply 1011/03/2011

I wish Padman would wear sleeves cuz her scar grosses me out. I bet that's what sent the judge in Texas into such a tizzy!

by Anonymousreply 1111/03/2011

I like the new set up of having a large group of contestants cook for their Top Chef jacket - it was a nice, interesting change from the usual start of pre-selected contestants. I guess they wanted to shake things up a little after so many years.

by Anonymousreply 1211/03/2011

Is Chuy a pocket gay?

The soup guy was a vegan chef. He wouldn't have lasted long anyway since he has almost no experience cooking meat

by Anonymousreply 1411/03/2011

[quote]Call me jingoistic. Iman American, and don't like it when these shows are shot in a foreign country.

Iman American - my new drag name.

by Anonymousreply 1511/03/2011

The "good looking" white guy who made the cut seems douche-y. The slight dark skinned woman with the painted on eyebrows seems like the one to beat.

And I don't know about anyone else, but when I saw the big black chef, I thought, now THERE'S someone whose food I want to eat. I don't trust skinny chefs.

by Anonymousreply 1611/03/2011

I think giving them their jackets after tasting their food is too much like the Fox cooking program with home chefs.

by Anonymousreply 1711/03/2011

I'm not a big fan of Emeril. When I would flip past his old cable TV cooking show and his stints hawking his cookware on one of those shopping channels, I found him smirky, smug and sort of arrogant.

I hope I can stomach him on TC. If not, that's what my MUTE button is for.

by Anonymousreply 1811/03/2011

I'd forgotten the new season had started. Thanks for letting me know.

by Anonymousreply 1911/03/2011

"Butchering is not a required skill set for chefs"

Maybe not, but at the very least you should know not to hack apart your most tender cut. He decimated the tenderloin without even realizing he did so.

by Anonymousreply 2011/03/2011

That douchebag that couldn't butcher a steak on a plate if he was eating it deserved to go home. From his smug, entitled smile to his "I cook for celebrities" crap I feared they would keep him as the one we love to hate. Well done Tom.

Also, how many large lesbian chefs does it take to make a cooking programme?

by Anonymousreply 2111/04/2011

It seems like there are quite a few gay chefs this season.

by Anonymousreply 2211/04/2011

75% of young guys everywhere seem gay to me. My gaydar is in hyperdrive or most young guys are nelly. Not sure which.

by Anonymousreply 2311/04/2011

Emeril extremely over-rated

by Anonymousreply 2411/04/2011

When did Emeril get so fucking fat?

by Anonymousreply 2511/04/2011

i get that the first few epsiodes are supposed to summon up our bloodlust, but I could have done w/o it. Just start the season with the 16 so we can get on w/ it. I don't need to see the idiots who won't make the cut.

Having said that, there was plenty of schadenfreude over the young douche, and the vegan chef (who must not be getting enough B12!) and his shaky hands messing up the plating of his soup. There was one stupid woman who said "I don't want to have to compete for that spot."'re _always_ going to be competing for a spot sweetheart, that's the show!

by Anonymousreply 2611/04/2011

Ha ha loved the vegan chef who, frankly, looked like he could use a steak and a bottle of something French, red and expensive.

When he was doing all that namaste shit to the chefs I was hoping he was marked for failure.

by Anonymousreply 2711/04/2011

Butchering is a required skill for an actual chef. A chef is not a cook, a chef is the person in charge of running every aspect of the kitchen. They need to know everything.

by Anonymousreply 2811/04/2011

Is it just me, or does Emeril look like a panda to anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 2911/05/2011

There's a hot Asian chef, who will be shown on next week's show. I hope he's gay and makes the cut.

by Anonymousreply 3011/05/2011

Too bad they won't be travelling to Montrose which has better restaurants than San Antonio and Austin.

by Anonymousreply 3111/05/2011

Not to me, R29. I think pandas are cute. Is there another animal that's a fat fuck that he could look like?

by Anonymousreply 3211/05/2011

Montrose isn't a city. And it has no culture. They'd be better off going to Galveston. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 3311/05/2011

Ty Lor, the bald guy with the thick eyebrows is a (sometimes) NYC gay. He looks pretty sexy on the show. Hope he does well!

by Anonymousreply 3411/05/2011

I see Guest Judge Hugh Acheson still hasn't learned to tweeze his unibrow...

by Anonymousreply 3511/05/2011

last top chef masters, I misread hugh's bitchiness as "gay", what a disappointment!

by Anonymousreply 3611/06/2011

Just saw last wk's episode. Very much liked the change of having to try out for a top chef jacket.

Think it will keep the scrubs to a minimum.

Butcher boy was ridiculous. Since I'm from GA, I'm rooting for the Peach state ladies (Atlanta and Cumberland Island).

Now waiting for 10pm show.

Like Emeril so far.

by Anonymousreply 3711/09/2011

Not 1 single hot gal. BLECH!

Still want Mackensie-- winner from Chopped.

by Anonymousreply 3811/09/2011

Seems unfair for some of the chefs. 20 minutes to cook a dish. They ain't playing this year!

by Anonymousreply 3911/09/2011

That unibrow is so distracting. Plus, he's dull as shit

And, I do believe risotto has screwed up just about everyone except Antonia.

by Anonymousreply 4011/09/2011

There's an Asian guy whose weird mouth movements are really distracting.

by Anonymousreply 4111/09/2011

It is. Seems like his dentures are loose or something??

by Anonymousreply 4211/09/2011

ha, I love how they are completely ignoring Houston! Like the rest of us in central Texas.

Seriously, wonder why? It's rich and full of fine dining.

by Anonymousreply 4311/09/2011

Grayson(not bad to look at) deserved that last slot. Really thought they would go pc and give it to the lesbian.

However, caught a glimpse of the promos and Jenine appeared at the end of one, so maybe they do find a way to work her in.

After her story, I kind of thought they would....

After 9 years, has a commitment ceremony with her gal. But, after a month, said gal said she didn't like Jenine's vows and breaks up with her over the phone.

Uh huh. Someone's gonna quit or get disqualified and she will be the replacement.

by Anonymousreply 4411/09/2011

I fear for Janine after the elimination. She needs to have the lesbian drama dialed down. I hope she gets another shot as the promo hints. She looks like a chubby little Liza dwarf and I can't help but love.

There were two hardcore rat faces and one of them is leaving my TV: Cruise Chef. I'll have to put up with the other one, Chris, for only a little while with any luck.

by Anonymousreply 4511/10/2011

Hot Asian guy didn't make the cut. Maybe they can have a pole dance competition to bring one of them back.

by Anonymousreply 4611/10/2011

I will say Hugh is less ugly with shorter hair.

And that r41 now has me fixated on the Korean guy's loosey goosey jaw.

Word of Caution.... repeated looks will make one a little nauseous.

by Anonymousreply 4711/10/2011

Anyone notice that the guy that sliced a big chunk of his hand off was healed by the time he went into the house an hour later?

by Anonymousreply 4811/10/2011

I was thinking about Hugh's unibrow too, r35 and r40, and I think the problem is that he's stuck with it now that it's his trademark -- I'm sure it drives the Bravo makeup folks to distraction, but it would be too obvious if he changed it.

by Anonymousreply 4911/11/2011

It's seems to be important to keep up with "Last Chance Kitchen" as it could determine the ultimate winner.

Episode at link.

by Anonymousreply 5011/11/2011

Yeah, that Ty Lor looks like a proper gay prono chef. Hawt!

by Anonymousreply 5111/11/2011

Suck it Houston!!

by Anonymousreply 5211/11/2011

[quote]And that R41 now has me fixated on the Korean guy's loosey goosey jaw.

It reminds me of the way goats chew their food.

by Anonymousreply 5311/13/2011

[quote]I love how they are completely ignoring Houston! Like the rest of us in central Texas. Seriously, wonder why? It's rich and full of fine dining.

Houston doesn't have a lot of Texas flavor to it. It's completely generic, although to be fair it has stupendous restaurants.

[quote]Hot Asian guy didn't make the cut.

We must be thinking of different guys as the "hot Asian guy." To me it was the one from Austin with the heavy beard growth; he did make it.

by Anonymousreply 5411/13/2011

They changed up the judging this season, They only pick the worst chef; they didn't pick the chef w/the best dish.

by Anonymousreply 5511/16/2011

Richie is hot.

by Anonymousreply 5611/17/2011

I'm sorry to see Keith go. Not because he didn't deserve it after that shrimp idiocy (I'd have shot him dead on the spot), but because he seemed like such a decent fellow, and he really could cook well.

by Anonymousreply 5711/17/2011

Was there a reason Padma felt the need to say mother fucking twice?

Just came off as extremely odd and out of left field.

No best dish winner from the main challenge?! So how in the hell are we supposed to have any idea about who's a good chef.

The quickfire isn't enough. I wanted to know if the Mexican guy's goat dish was good or just mediocre.

Hope that's not a permanent change. Right now I don't think any of them are any good, so why should I watch?

by Anonymousreply 5811/17/2011

Top Chef candidate also a "Butt" magazine model(NSFW)...

by Anonymousreply 5911/17/2011

Why wasn't there a winner?

And Padma was quoting from Snakes on A Plane, r58.

by Anonymousreply 6111/17/2011

[quote] chubby little Liza dwarf

Looks like the redemption cookoff will be between her, Keith, a white boy I saw in the promos, and probably 1 more.

I'll be rooting for Liza.

by Anonymousreply 6211/17/2011

I loved Padma doing the muthafuckin' snake quote. I'm also sorry Keith was eliminated. That fat girl with the short blonde hair seems like she'll be an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 6311/17/2011

I thinnk Chuy's sexy. The only other good-looking guy is the douchey chef, and I don't like him.

by Anonymousreply 6411/17/2011

It is starting to irritate me how often Top Chef shows the contestants commenting on how hot they think the host Padma is. Do other reality/contest shows do that? It strikes me as self-serving promotion.

I agree that Padma is pretty, but I don't need the idea drummed into my head.

by Anonymousreply 6511/17/2011

The little Mexican guy is hot in an unorthodox way. And he pings loudly to me. So do the 2 guys from Chicago who work together.

There were a lot of gay chefs this year, but half of them didn't make the cut.

by Anonymousreply 6611/17/2011

I want to be in Chuy QUITE deeply.

by Anonymousreply 6711/17/2011

[quote] We must be thinking of different guys as the "hot Asian guy." To me it was the one from Austin with the heavy beard growth; he did make it.

That Asian with the abundance of stubble is surprising. He's kinda hot. Although I think that there are too many Asians this season, which leads me to believe that they're pushing for an Asian to win.

I think they're all kind of annoying, from that "I'm from Texas" spiel, to that crying basket case Korean girl who makes kimchee for a quinceanera, to the psycho Korean guy from Lexington Kentucky who admittedly "will kill anyone" for a spot on Top Chef... they're all bizarre.

Chuy is cute, but he looks like he's a Keebler Elf, at 4'10". Major dwarf, with lots of bravado and big talk. I'm still waiting to see if he can back it up. He professes to think Padme's hot, but he pings like a mutherfucker.

The quinceanera girl was very cute and bubbly, and pretty smart for a 15 year old.

I knew Keith would go. He's a major dumbass. COOKED SHRIMP on Top Chef?? Seriously, what the fuck? What a boneheaded decision. The flour tortilla enchiladas were a bit more forgiveable, since he's from North Carolina, but still...

Ty-lor is hot, but what's with the name? It's clearly made up, but I'm still trying to figure out the significance of calling yourself "Ty-Lor," with a hyphen. He's either insane, or really really lame.

No standouts yet.

P.S., are all the chefs expected to know how to cook Mexican food? I found that to be unusual.

by Anonymousreply 6811/17/2011

[quote]I'm still trying to figure out the significance of calling yourself "Ty-Lor," with a hyphen.

There's an umlaut in there somewhere too.

by Anonymousreply 6911/18/2011

Too many Asians? WTF

by Anonymousreply 7011/19/2011

Ty-Lor seems like a totally normal name back home on Krypton.

by Anonymousreply 7111/19/2011

Poor Richie. :(

by Anonymousreply 7211/27/2011

No full frontals but the jock looks pretty full.

Can someone confirm - was this show on last Wednesday?

by Anonymousreply 7511/28/2011

Beverly the Crying Asian seems to actually have some cooking chops. It's too early to really call the favorites, but if she doesn't completely flake out (like if the crying is just her schtick), she might go pretty far.

by Anonymousreply 7611/28/2011

I recently started watching the show and it seriously bugs me is how everyone (meaning the "regular" people besides the chefs and judges) seems to be a food critic commenting on balance and composition.

Plus while I think Padma is definitely good looking, I don't find her attractive at all. She just doesn't do it for me.

by Anonymousreply 7711/28/2011

Tyler is soooo hot, in a Castro clone kinda way.

by Anonymousreply 7811/28/2011

Are people over this show now? Or is just the whole Texas-Chicago thing this season?

by Anonymousreply 7911/28/2011

This season has promise but is off to kind of a half-assed start. The elimination of that little mohawk queen seemed kinda unfair, given that initially the judges had commented how good his cornbread was. It also seemed weird in the first place to do a team challenge where they were all basically collaborating on one dish, then eliminating one of them.

That brings up another point: I know it's early in the show, but enough team challenges! Let's see what these people can do on their own.

by Anonymousreply 8011/28/2011

These rich douches they have to cook for look annoying as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 8111/30/2011

Is this show even airing? I haven't found a torrent for it in two weeks. No episode Thanksgiving week...was there an episode last night? I though it aired in the U.S. on Wednesdays?

by Anonymousreply 8212/01/2011

Top Chef is getting old and tired.

by Anonymousreply 8312/01/2011

I love Chris (in the previews) saying how handsome John Besh is, not that I agree with him. Although Besh used to be kinda hot. And Chris is currently way ahead in the fan fave voting.

by Anonymousreply 8512/01/2011

[quote] I love Chris (in the previews) saying how handsome John Besh is, not that I agree with him.

Yeah, what was with that? It was actually the second interesting comment he made, along with the "Padma looks beautiful on the horse, like Fabio on the cover of a romance novel..."

Is Chris trying to tell us something?

by Anonymousreply 8712/01/2011

What's with the anti Asian troll?

by Anonymousreply 8812/01/2011

That housewife from Highland Park who had the desserts at her house looked like she had been ridden hard before she found that husband to buy her that theme park chateau.

by Anonymousreply 8912/01/2011

I loved Chuy and his comment about how the "husband is adventurous, the woman is high maintenance", why he doesn't do these catering things, instead makes them come to his restaurant where he can kick them out.

Sums up life in Texas as I know it. And I'm not even in Dallas!

Hated losing him and hope he makes it back in somehow. Seems weird the producers would part with such a personality (on a season where there aren't very many of those).

by Anonymousreply 9012/02/2011

Colicchio is a bitchy old queen

by Anonymousreply 9112/02/2011

[quote]Yeah, what was with that? It was actually the second interesting comment he made, along with the "Padma looks beautiful on the horse, like Fabio on the cover of a romance novel..."

A straight guy would never make a comment like that. A straight guy would say Padma looks a Victoria Secret model on the runway not compare her to Fabio!

by Anonymousreply 9212/02/2011

Bisexual (or gay) Chris is also extremely funny/witty, which a lot of them aren't (I suppose it's not a job requirement for chefs). Either he's aesthetically appreciative of Padma but gay or full-on bi. I vote for bi for now but reserve the right to change my vote as the show goes on.

Hope he stays, which I think he will if he doesn't have to do any more desserts. Even Top Chef Masters and Next Iron Chef shows most of the "superstar" chefs freaking and miserable when forced to do desserts.

I had to laugh that the chef with all the pastry experience made the Leaning Tower of Tres Leches. At least it tasted better.

I saw that, R93. Just figured most people on here aren't watching all the cooking competitions. Past-year threads on this show were much more popular.

by Anonymousreply 9412/02/2011

The couples they were cooking for were just awful, so plastic and phony. Who would look to them for good taste about anything. Yech!

by Anonymousreply 9512/02/2011

Poor Richie!! I thought he was so adorable. Sad to see him go.

Those rich couples were insufferable. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 9612/02/2011

Why were those women wearing whore makeup at the dinner?

by Anonymousreply 9712/03/2011

Finally, after 18 days of prime time, I can post!

So, I want to say that this season sucks ASS....

sucky contestants, sucky challenges, and sucky judging.

And, now they want us to watch some of the show online?!

FUCK THAT! I'm done with it.

by Anonymousreply 9812/06/2011

You waited 18 days to say THAT, R98? Oh, boy.

by Anonymousreply 9912/06/2011

Well, r98 speaks the truth. This season is downright awful.

They did, however, at least select the best dishes last wk.

On a side note, what the hell is up with black man Keith? Is he in or is he out? If he's in, why didn't he compete last week?

by Anonymousreply 10012/06/2011

The Asian dude w/the rubber jaw... can't tear my eyes away while he talks.

by Anonymousreply 10112/07/2011

I don't get this last chance kitchen crap on the internet.

What do they get out of it?

The winners like Keith don't seem to come back to the main competition, so what is the point?

by Anonymousreply 10212/07/2011

Is Dean Fearing drunk or is he about to drop an entire set of dentures?

by Anonymousreply 10312/08/2011

Why is this so dull this season (*and I live in Texas)? Gotta be a matter of casting; really bland, not even a lot to look at, male or female. But even without that, there are always cute personalities like Carla and Spike and Richard Blaize... see any here?

God, one good thing, these reality producers are making it much easier for me to break the habit of watching their shows. I literally don't care a thing about "Top Chef" right now.

Maybe "Project Runway All Stars" will pick up the slack.

by Anonymousreply 10412/08/2011

[quote]I'm surprised that no one has noticed that Nyesha is also appearing on the Food Network reality show "Chef Hunters."

Oh, I noticed. When I realized she was one of the Top Chef contestants I was really surprised or maybe perplexed is a better word for it. I guess you're allowed to be on two different shows like that. She's so calm and laid back.

The blonde girl on Top Chef with the man-neck is so glum and she never smiles. There always seems to be one of those types every season. I think the producers make them do it to give them some sort of "character".

by Anonymousreply 10612/08/2011

Youncan tell this season/show sucks. Not much imput from DL. I have no problem sitting this one out.

by Anonymousreply 10712/08/2011

"I love Ty-lor. He is so hot. He is very masculine, and he has very mischievous eyes. I'll bet he gives a mean fuck, and he looks like he gets down and dirty in bed. "

I couldn't agree more, he's so damn sexy.

Hate that fat cow that won the car last night.

by Anonymousreply 10812/08/2011

Chuy makes me hard. Chris C and Chuy both appear to be straight. I followed them on Twitter but they are both very close to Ty-lor. I saw references to "bromance".

by Anonymousreply 10912/08/2011

Not being drawn in at all this season.

Starting with so many contestants was a distraction; and for all of that one might expect better of those who made the grade, but it seems amateur hour on the talent front.

As others have noted, the competitions are forced and meant to highlight drama rather than talent.

Only Mr. Monobrow, Hugh Acheson saves the day, not be being a great judge (he isn't), but because he's sexy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 11012/08/2011

I just discovered the show (European here) and I love watching the show while working at home or playing poker.

Loved the "Team Rainbow" on Season 5, wanted to be a part of it. I wonder if I am the only one who finds Gail Simmons more attractive than Padma.

by Anonymousreply 11112/08/2011

There is NOTHING interesting about Texas or its culinary scene.

by Anonymousreply 11212/08/2011

Can't stand that super fat woman (who every week picks on the Chinese girl).

by Anonymousreply 11312/08/2011

[quote]I wonder if I am the only one who finds Gail Simmons more attractive than Padma.

No. You're not alone. Gail Simmons has lovely breasts.

by Anonymousreply 11412/08/2011

And you just know she'd be really fun in the sack.

by Anonymousreply 11512/08/2011

LOL, R112, you're onto something there. We're not even really known for our BBQ! (That's more Georgia and the like). So why set a whole season here? Like you ever hear about "downhome Texas cooking" (chili, maybe).

Funniest part of watching this is knowing it was shot during that horrible heat wave this summer -- I know because I was invited to a taping (upcoming show, not seen yet, one of the Austin ones) and went, phone book sized release filled out and ready... and left when I saw they were making us wait in the 105 degree heat for an hour. Not even a slice of "Top Chef" brisket was worth that.

Funny watching all of them, especially Padma, with sweat glistening in every shot but trying not to mention it. It was truly a dreadful drought-ridden summer, can't believe some aren't fainting yet. THAT'S what they get for shooting in Texas! (34 degrees now. :)

by Anonymousreply 11612/09/2011

Gail's blog on is great. She went with the crew to the Round-Up (gay bear) bar here in Dallas and talks about the 4th house they went to (not shown) in Highland Park which turned out to be George Michael's.

Hugh Atcheson is as much a tool online as he is on-screen. Hate that guy. Bring back Anthony Bourdain and his blog, which was outstanding.

by Anonymousreply 11712/09/2011

I keep thinking that Michael Voltaggio would have been the winner of every single quick fire and challenge if he were on this season. Everyone is playing it SOOOO safe.

by Anonymousreply 11812/09/2011

Speaking of the Voltaggio brother, there was a commercial during this week's episode that featured both of them. What struck me was that Bryan seems to have picked up Michael's affection for tattoos. He seemed pretty clean cut during his season, but now he's getting inked up. I've attached a link about some of his tats, but I think it looked like he had even more than those on the commercial.

by Anonymousreply 11912/09/2011

On the contrary, R116, Texas is indeed known for it's BBQ, especially in Central Texas centered around Lockhart. People drive huge distances to eat there - it's world-renowned.

From the website cited below:

"According to the City of Lockhart, an estimate 5,000 people visit the barbecue restaurants each week.. That means roughly 250,000 people per year enjoy BBQ in the crowned BBQ Capital of Texas."

by Anonymousreply 12012/09/2011

[quote]Texas is indeed known for it's BBQ, especially in Central Texas centered around Lockhart. People drive huge distances to eat there - it's world-renowned.

Never heard of it.

by Anonymousreply 12112/09/2011

Hill Country barbecue (Texas) is indeed one of the more important branches of barbecue cuisine.

I'm partial to Carolina (vinegar-based) myself, and that's not particularly well known unless you're a bbq aficionado.

by Anonymousreply 12212/09/2011

I thought I was the only one with a little crush on Ty-Lor. He is SO damn sexy and masculine looking. I want him bad. Is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 12312/09/2011

They're all kind of boring and/or obnoxious.

Question for Ty-lor fans: does loving him require ignoring his name altogether, or do you try to rationalize it?

by Anonymousreply 12412/09/2011

Ty-Lor, son of Jor-El of Krypton.

by Anonymousreply 12512/09/2011

r105 has some serious issues. Did an Asian boy break your heart?

Anyway... I want a 'stach ride from Tyler. Dude is fucking hot. His eyes are sexy as hell. (And r124, I just refuse to spell it the way he does ;))

by Anonymousreply 12612/09/2011

They probably don't, R120. It's most likely just something Texans say, they're so full of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 12712/10/2011

Yeah, Ty-Lor has that dead-eyed hardcore pron star look down pat. Everytime I see him on the show I think of him all greased up taking a fire hydrant sized dildo up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 12812/10/2011

You didn't see this He has a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 12912/10/2011

Yeah we did, R129. It was posted pages ago.

by Anonymousreply 13012/10/2011

Ty-Lor is sexy!

by Anonymousreply 13112/10/2011

something about chef's with many tattoos turns me off to their food. It just looks dirty and unappealing.

by Anonymousreply 13512/10/2011

I agree about the tattoos r135.

So gross.

You know that with all those tattoos they have hepatitis of some sort. And they could care less if a booger falls in your food.

by Anonymousreply 13712/10/2011

Excessive ink is a sign of poor taste. Reign it in, fellas.

by Anonymousreply 13812/11/2011

Where are the naked pics of Ty-lor? I can't seem to find any on the web. It makes it harder because of the strange spelling of his name, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 13912/11/2011

Who even said I was Asian, you racist fuck? You think only Asians can take offense to your racist rantings?

[quote]If you can't stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen!

This doesn't even make sense. You're telling Asians to get out of the kitchen if they can't stand hearing racist comments thrown at them? Why should anyone have to leave just so you can continue spouting ignorance? You probably would have screamed that to black people on the bus too if you lived in the 60s.

by Anonymousreply 14112/11/2011

[quote]I keep thinking that Michael Voltaggio would have been the winner of every single quick fire and challenge if he were on this season. Everyone is playing it SOOOO safe.

Maybe, but he is such a humorless asshole without any emotions, I'd rather see 17 average contestants like Carla, Fabio or Andrew than one great chef like him.

by Anonymousreply 14212/11/2011

I agree 142

by Anonymousreply 14312/11/2011

I see White Belt Man is on the sauce again.

You poor deluded bitch.

by Anonymousreply 14412/11/2011

I noticed that Bravo is not bleeping the word "goddamn". I've heard it at least 3 times since this season started. I like it -- guess the network is no longer catering to the religiosos.

by Anonymousreply 14512/14/2011

God that fat chick was obnoxious. That poor little Asian chick looked petrified

by Anonymousreply 14612/14/2011

That fat-ass Mama Cass-looking bitch is an INSANE CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 14712/14/2011

Is Ty-Lor really only 34? He looks a lot older.

Oh, and I want to fuck him. Hard.

by Anonymousreply 14812/15/2011

I knew the insane, obnoxious fat broad would end up staying because they always keep the assholes and troublemakers. But I wish the other chefs would at least talk back to her and not sit there looking shocked and weakened by her nasty attitude. Somebody needs to get in her fat, ugly face and tell her to fuck off for once.

I'm not seeing where Ty-lor is so hot. He's totally average to me, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 14912/15/2011

The name of the obnoxious fat broad is Heather. What a horrible human being. I wish the entire group would turn on her and tell her off for being such a bully and a pig.

by Anonymousreply 15012/15/2011

Ty-Lor in a jockstrap

by Anonymousreply 15112/15/2011

Ty-Lor's butt, or part of it

by Anonymousreply 15212/15/2011

I wish someone would drop a pot of hot grease on Heather,, the nastiest cunt ever.

by Anonymousreply 15312/15/2011

Wow, he's handsome.

by Anonymousreply 15412/15/2011

Fat Heather is a bitch cunt.

by Anonymousreply 15512/15/2011

Heather is a lesbian, right?

by Anonymousreply 15612/15/2011

Shame about Nyesha. Her components of the dish were good.

If the venison had been cooked properly by Dakota, they would have won the challenge.

Nasty bitch Heather was among the bottom 3 of the tequila quickfire, Beverly WAS NOT.

The reason their dish tasted like 2 separate dishes is because Heather refused to work in unison with her. She outright said... "I'm doing my own thing."

Grayson needs to bitch slap her but good. I really like her. She carries herself well... even when Chris nearly had them out the door.

by Anonymousreply 15712/15/2011

The Asian chef from Austin seems to be the best, so far. Are there any gay rumors about him in Austin? I know his restaurant is a favorite of the Austin gays.

by Anonymousreply 15812/15/2011

Ty is near the bottom in the Fan Favorite voting (even lower than BitcHeather).

by Anonymousreply 15912/15/2011

The L.A. Chris dude that said he lost a lot of weight and is kind of cute - I don't get him. Is he bi? Does anyone know his story?

by Anonymousreply 16012/15/2011

Nice work on the Ty-lor pics.

by Anonymousreply 16112/15/2011

i think that's the whole idea w/ Chris, one episode he says Padma's hot, the next he says John Besh is hot, therefore he's bi

by Anonymousreply 16212/16/2011

Just saw the last episode and Heather is a major asshole

by Anonymousreply 16312/16/2011

Heather must have been on to something, because none of the chefs disagreed with her that the korean girl is more like a sous chef than a real chef.

Note that they didn't argue that point with Heather. The thing that they (Dakota and a few others) had a problem with, was Heather calling that girl lazy.

Ty-lor deserved his win. He is so freakin' hot. He looks like a gay porn star from the 1970's, and that handlebar moustache makes him look even more retro-sexy.

Dakota and her partner deserved to go home. Undercooked, or "blue" meat, as one judge put it, is unacceptable.

I don't really care much for most of the cheftestants, so I'm going with Ty-Lor and Chris because they're both hot as hell.

by Anonymousreply 16412/16/2011

[quote]Heather must have been on to something, because none of the chefs disagreed with her that the korean girl is more like a sous chef than a real chef.

I think the other chefs just didn't want to get involved in Heather's drama. They know what a nasty bitch she is.

by Anonymousreply 16512/16/2011

They were afraid that Heather would sit on them

by Anonymousreply 16612/16/2011

R151, in that photos, actually in most, if not all, of his photos, he looks like the ringleader in a circus for vivisectionists. But he's still cute.

by Anonymousreply 16712/16/2011

Just got caught up. Holy crap, fat Heather is a piece of shit, isn't she? I usually like bitches on these game show things, but I can't stand her. Ridiculously over the top bitchy.

Ty-lor is beautiful. I also like Paul and Chris Jones seems like a sweetie. I can't stand Ed - mainly because of the way he laughed when that other chick said she worked on a cruise.

Does the little blond, Lindsay, ping to anyone else? I know Michelle Bernstein is married, but I get the feeling there's something fishy going on there (no pun intended).

Sorry to see Nyesha go. She's a less-pretty version of a Dominican friend of mine.

by Anonymousreply 16812/17/2011

Heather should have been send home, the dish was awful. But Bravo need to keep the bully... Shame, I liked Dakota.

by Anonymousreply 16912/17/2011

Sorry to see Dakota go. I've printed up her bread pudding recipe and will be making it over the holidays. I really just wanted Fat Heather to go but didn't want to see Beverly, Grayson or Dakota go. What a tough elimination.

I don't think the other chefs have much time to get involved with Fat Heather's shenanigans. They probably just put their heads down and are relieved not to be working with her.

Porno Chef just reeks of sex. Dirty sex. I want to smell his balls.

by Anonymousreply 17012/17/2011

Nyesha won her LAST CHANCE KITCHEN battle, so if she can hang on, she may be back in the competition.

by Anonymousreply 17112/17/2011

Is it so wrong that I want to spend the night with Richie and Chris?

by Anonymousreply 17212/17/2011

I was fucking outraged at that fat bully Heather. She was just a total cunt throughout the episode. Clearly, she does not have much talent. Her big pork butcher paws are not capable of making refined food.

I miss Dakota.

by Anonymousreply 17312/18/2011

I'll take Heather any day, over that crying useless basketcase of a sous chef Beverly, who's filled with nothing but jelly. She shouldn't even be in the competition, because she always cooks the same old shit.

by Anonymousreply 17412/18/2011

R174 - the boweavel in Heather's pussy

by Anonymousreply 17512/18/2011

Does it seem that Tom Colicchio is getting more and more annoyed that the quality of the food is well below that of previous seasons?

by Anonymousreply 17612/18/2011

OH MY!!!

by Anonymousreply 17712/18/2011

r174 whilst I have no time for whining and crying from anyone it became clear in the confessionals that Bev has a number of issues from her past such as an abusive partner.

Heather is just a fat, deeply unpleasant cunt and a bully. It doesn't even matter whether she can cook or not.

by Anonymousreply 17812/18/2011

Me so hungry!

Me eat Beverly!

by Anonymousreply 17912/18/2011

LOL thanks r179

by Anonymousreply 18012/18/2011

[quote]Heather should have been send home, the dish was awful. But Bravo need to keep the bully... Shame, I liked Dakota.

Me, too. There was something attractive about Dakota.

Heather is the kind of woman I usually avoid. Horrible person.

by Anonymousreply 18112/18/2011

Dakota looks a lot older than 35. I think it's all the makeup she wears.

by Anonymousreply 18212/19/2011

I was really a noid that Nyesha was sent packing when she made the best element of the dish. It seems really unfair that she was sent home for another chef's undercooked meat. They should have made an exception and sent home Dakota for undercooking the meat and Chris for the sweet potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 18312/19/2011

Yeah, sending both members of a team home is kinda fucked-up.

by Anonymousreply 18412/19/2011

Heather has to be a plant - no one is that narcissistic, self-centered, entitled and bullheaded. She never would have made it in anyone's kitchen.

the only place she can work is a one (and three quarters) woman catering company.

The joy of cooking is preparing great food for your guests. You know any kitchen with heather would have the focus on Heather's moods and the food would suffer.

Fuck that fat cunt.

by Anonymousreply 18512/19/2011

I love Dakota's make-up. It's just right.

by Anonymousreply 18612/19/2011

What happened to Emeril? Wasn't he introduced at the beginning of the season that he was the new judge. He was only there once that I remember.

by Anonymousreply 18712/20/2011

R187, that cunt Hugh tied him up and threw him in the San Antonio river to get more screen time.

by Anonymousreply 18812/20/2011

Heather is a fat bitch.

by Anonymousreply 18912/21/2011

Heather and Ty are good friends which only diminishes my opinion of Ty a few notches.

by Anonymousreply 19012/21/2011

Can someone please explain this Last Chance Kitchen business? Is someone who had to pack their knives and go going to end up back in the game at some point?

by Anonymousreply 19112/21/2011

It's like Redemption Island from Survivor, R191. Each newly eliminated chef has a head-to-head cookoff with the other chef at the Last Chance kitchen. Loser is gone for good (presumably), the winner stays there and waits for battle against the next chef(s) sent home. Eventually the chef remaining will be put back into the competition. I'm not sure they have announced at what point that will be - which is also how they do it on Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 19212/21/2011

Was Patti LaBelle singing at The Driskol or just there for the show?

by Anonymousreply 19312/21/2011

I was kind of glad at the elimination but I thought they kept the "villains" to keep up the drama.

My belief in the judges' integrity went up a notch.

by Anonymousreply 19412/22/2011

I thought I saw The Driskol on one of those Ghost Hunter/Adventure or Celebrity Ghost shows recently.

I also thought they were going to keep Heather there so she could raise hell and cause more trouble, I'm really surprised they dumped her, but I'm very glad, she was disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 19512/22/2011

This is most definitely the asian season of Top Chef, just like the DC season was the obvious attempt to get an AA to win.

The way that round headed asian guy from Austin is being heralded as the second-coming of cookery by Tom Colicchio, tells me all I need to know about this season. He's going to win - mark my words.

Sous chef beverly should have been gone a long time ago, and Ed from Kentucky shouldn't even have made the top 16.

Heather was robbed, and I'm done with this season. I already know who's going to win.

I used to think that Top Chef was a show of integrity, where they truly chose the best people to win the competition. Now I know that even Top Chef is a farce.

by Anonymousreply 19612/22/2011

Who knew that Heather's mother posts on DL?!?

by Anonymousreply 19712/22/2011

Goodbye, Heather! I liked you at first but you turned out to be an awful, insane cunt.

r196, you sound a little goofy. You can tell just by looking at a lot of those dishes whether they're good or not, and Heather's looked gross. You really think the judges fake enthusiasm for some dishes and pretend not to like others? And that, like in this case, they got Patti LaBelle and her friends to go along with it too? COME ON.

Besides, your weird Asian conspiracy theory doesn't even make sense. This show already had an Asian winner - Hung, way back in Season 3.

by Anonymousreply 19812/22/2011

Was there anything more painful than watching Heather try to be charming when talking to the judges? Oh, I take it back, her goodbye sequence was worse.

by Anonymousreply 19912/22/2011

Karma is a bitch Heather, and so are you! Heee!

by Anonymousreply 20012/22/2011

Heather got served for serving Bigfoot.

by Anonymousreply 20112/22/2011

And better yet, Heather got thrashed in the cook-off against Nyesha on LAST CHANCE KITCHEN. She is gone, gone, gone, and Nyesha is still in the running to return to the competition.

by Anonymousreply 20212/22/2011

Hi, Heather, at r196!

Heather was in the bottom two weeks in a row, and tried to cover it last week with a laughable, "My dish wasn't actually bad; everyone else voted for me because they're all just jealous". Like Beverly said, this week she made her own dish, and she got booted out on her own lack of merit.

by Anonymousreply 20312/22/2011

Is Heather Mosh Girl????!!!

Has this been discussed?

by Anonymousreply 20412/22/2011

I don't think Heather looks anything like Mosh Girl.

by Anonymousreply 20512/22/2011

Heather took a shit in a frying pan and served it up at judges table. If you look, you will see that there was a roll of Charmin Ultra placed on the judge's table next to Emerile.

by Anonymousreply 20612/23/2011

So is Malibu Chris straight, gay, or bi?

The more airtime he gets, the more I am thinking he is a closeted gay.

by Anonymousreply 20712/23/2011

I presume the show wasn't on last week?

by Anonymousreply 20801/02/2012

R208 - Yeah, it was reruns last week. New episode this Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 20901/02/2012

That sound you hear is 3 million gay guys turning off the show. The one piece of eye candy is GONE. This season truly sucks, go ahead and give it to the Asian chef from Austin and let's put it out of its misery.

fyi, I was THERE that day at the Salt Lick and it was indeed 1000 degrees -- and all those people you saw had to wait in the heat for hours before they were served. Which makes little sense to me now that I know the cooking took place the night before. I signed the 10 page release and everything (I still have it) but no way I was hanging out in that clusterfuck so took off.

Now wish I had stuck around to see Malibu Chris in person.

by Anonymousreply 21001/05/2012

[quote]There is NOTHING interesting about Texas or its culinary scene.

I agree, 100 percent.

by Anonymousreply 21101/05/2012

So Chris is gone without really ever definitively giving away whether he's gay or not. Too bad. But at least it seems like they are getting rid of some pretty average chefs.

Trouble is, this seems like almost the entire cast is sort of average. Nobody seems to really be impressing the judges as in some past seasons where we as viewers had a pretty good idea of who the most skilled and creative contestants were.

Will be nice to possibly see Nyesha get back into competition again because she appeared to be one of the strongest chefs they had. And for those that don't want to sit through the 'Last Chance Kitchen,' I'll spoil it for you and tell you that she beat Malibu Chris tonight. After the win she said that she now only has to beat two more chefs to get back into the competition, so that lets us know how much longer they are doing this Redemption Island-style add-on.

by Anonymousreply 21201/05/2012

R211, that's so important to know.

by Anonymousreply 21301/05/2012

Sorry Chris is gone, it should have ben the other Chris with the stupid hair. Thankfully Tay-lor is still here.

by Anonymousreply 21401/05/2012

[quote] So Chris is gone without really ever definitively giving away whether he's gay or not.

I was even more befuddled with this recent episode, because he said he liked to draw pictures of naked bodies, and he drew both naked women AND men!! He's gotta be bi.

I am so pissed that Chris is gone. How is this possible, when Beverly the sous chef is still in the competition?? She was fucking flambeying in an RV, while the flames were torching the roof!!

And how hilarious was it when she splattered and dropped her foam in every direction?? The other chefs were so embarassed for her. I thought it was hilarious when she said that she even stained Padma's dress. Bwahaha!

Ed is such a dickwad. Ty-lor was so nice to the chubby girl when she experienced heat exhaustion, while all Ed the shit could muster up was, "is she dead?" Ugh, what a vile monster. Isn't he the one during the auditions, who said that he would kill the other non-qualifiers, to be on the show? Somehow, I believe him.

Texas looks like sheer HELL in the Summer. So glad I've never been there, and I have absolutely no plans on ever visiting. It looks so hot and gross and uninviting.

I really pity this crop of chefs, because this is a HARD show. It's bad enough to be on Top Chef, but to suffer through the lack of sleep and heat? HELL ON EARTH. I would willingly drop out, just out of sheer misery.

Now that Chris is gone, I have only Ty-lor to root for. If he gets chopped, I'm done with the season. The rest of the people don't interest me in the least bit, save for the blonde girl Lindsay and Grayson. But even they're not enough to keep me interested.

I hope Chris wins a spot back on the show. He's too cute to have been eliminated so early.

by Anonymousreply 21501/05/2012

[quote]Ty-lor was so nice to the chubby girl when she experienced heat exhaustion, while all Ed the shit could muster up was, "is she dead?"

Keep in mind that Ty-lor had immunity, so even if the team went down in flames, it wouldn't really affect him. And it put Ed at increased risk at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 21601/05/2012

Who thought it would be a good idea to film Top Chef in Texas in the summer?

The show has gotten a little better since they went to Austin, which is the ONLY redeemable city in the state.

by Anonymousreply 21701/05/2012

I really like Paul, the Austin chef. He seems the most talented and I hope he wins. He's very laid-back and humble but he seems very skilled. I think he's a hottie, too, he showed off some nice hairy pits in his tank top last night.

by Anonymousreply 21801/05/2012

I thought Malibu Chris was gay but then they showed paintings he had done and were hanging in his apartment....female nudes.

by Anonymousreply 21901/05/2012

I've had Chris' food at the Viceroy. It was good, nothing spectacular, kinda like his face.

by Anonymousreply 22001/05/2012

Paul is the first Asian I have ever found attractive. Ever. I must know more... is he a gay homosexual, top/bottom? cut/uncut? whats his adam4adam name, or Grindr? Is he still in Austin? I want to stalk him.

I live in San Antonio and it was extremely hot this summer, and wild fires in Bastrop, outside of Austin in early September.

Ty Lor is just so .... typical. He looks like a guy you see in Treasure Island videos in a sling, getting a baseball bat shoved up his ass.

Fat Heather and Fu Man Chu gotta go, along with crazy indoor flambee Beverly.

Most talented is the dude Chris (?) from Chicago with the tied up hair - "I eat Veagans". I think the format of the show / challenges doesn't suit his style well, but I would totally want to dine where he cooks.

by Anonymousreply 22101/05/2012

I didn't see any nude guy paintings. Just women.

Also, Chris C is ahead as the fan favorite:

by Anonymousreply 22201/05/2012

Naked Ty-Lor.

by Anonymousreply 22301/05/2012

Ty-Lor is Ho-tt

by Anonymousreply 22401/05/2012

This season and its sweaty, dirty cast in dirty, downscale settings sucks.

by Anonymousreply 22501/05/2012

Chris C is the favorite because he is the only traditionally hot one. And he seems dumb enough that anyone could fuck him in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 22601/05/2012

[quote] This season and its sweaty, dirty cast in dirty, downscale settings sucks.

I thought it was just me, but you're right - even the settings look ugly and hot.

This last kitchen that they had to work in was downright nasty. It looked like they were in a cafeteria!

I agree that the heat and the cheapness are really unappealing.

by Anonymousreply 22701/05/2012

You could totally see that the guest chef, Nathan, wanted Ty-Lor to shoot a load of hot cum across his lips when he tasted his watermelon. I'll bet Ty-Lor got an invite to his "basement."

That sous chef from Spiaggia - I used to work there with Chef Tony Montuano - is totally trying to pass off his food as her creations. He was doing that egg yolk breakfast pasta dish back in the '80s when I worked there! She's not up to much at all.

None of these chefs seem particularly talented.

by Anonymousreply 22801/05/2012

"This season and its sweaty, dirty cast in dirty, downscale settings sucks."

ha, see? This is what I talked about in another thread when I called the state "Tex Mex". EVERYTHING looks like it has flies and dust and sweat dripping into your food. Please remember this the next time I am called "delusional".

(I fuckin' LIVE here, folks).

by Anonymousreply 22901/05/2012

I love the "I eat vegans" t-shirt that Chris wears.

Ty-lor and Sarah are great contestants!!!

by Anonymousreply 23001/05/2012

None of these contestants seem talented? You've got to be kidding! They've ALL won major awards already!!

by Anonymousreply 23101/05/2012

For some reason, I can't stand that fat female chef. She reminds me of a younger Heather except not as mean.

by Anonymousreply 23201/05/2012

Malibu Chris mentioned that his wifebeater didn't match his shoes.

by Anonymousreply 23301/06/2012

Ty-Lor is beautiful

by Anonymousreply 23401/06/2012

I like Ty-Lor's hairy body, but he's got a dopey-ass, homely face on him.

by Anonymousreply 23501/06/2012

I'm getting paranoid. Ever since I watched a Top Chef marathon I think Padma is throwing a couple of smoldering looks per episode towards Gail Simmons.

I noticed it also in the BBQ episodes. Nice fantasy, wish it was true.

by Anonymousreply 23601/07/2012

Tyler is the reason I'm still single - as long as I know men like him exist out there, I ain't settling.

by Anonymousreply 23701/07/2012

[quote] Tyler is the reason I'm still single - as long as I know men like him exist out there, I ain't settling.

It's Ty-lor bitch, get it straight.

by Anonymousreply 23801/08/2012

[quote]It's Ty-lor bitch, get it straight.

I refuse.

by Anonymousreply 23901/08/2012

[quote]It's Ty-lor bitch, get it straight.

Now who's the bitch, bitch? It's Ty-lör!

by Anonymousreply 24001/08/2012

Texas really is bringing this season down. Yes, there are some great chefs there, but overall, it's a filthy, hot mess of a state.

Even Austin, which everyone seems to think is so special, is a filthy, awful city. And the hipster elite that rules it is shockingly undereducated and lazy.

I lived in Austin for two years and hated every minute.

by Anonymousreply 24101/08/2012

I noticed during this week's quickfire that Ty-Lör™ had really dirty fingernails. How appetizing.

I also noticed, not during the actual challenge but in the confessional interviews, that Malibu Chris and Paul each had a little cold sore on the same spot of their upper lip. Coincidence, or smoking gun?

by Anonymousreply 24201/10/2012

I'm with you, R241, can not WAIT to get out of here. Will take less money for my house if it means getting back to a real city. And the hipsters are indeed as boring and slack as you describe.

Not even "Top Chef" can make it look pretty -- you'd think the show would take the chefs out to the gorgeous lakes except, guess what, we're in a miserable drought so there ARE no lakes right now. What a great way to live.

by Anonymousreply 24301/10/2012

Austin is a beautiful city. The only hipsters are college-aged, so unless you're really young, I don't see how they're a problem to you.

The food scene is a lot better in Austin than in Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 24401/10/2012

>>I also noticed that Malibu Chris and Paul each had a little cold sore on the same spot of their upper lip. Coincidence, or smoking gun?

Unless the spot was directly in the middle, wouldn't matching cold sores be on opposite sides of the mouth? (Unless they got them during a 69 -- possible, yes?)

by Anonymousreply 24501/11/2012

The spot [italic]was[/italic] directly in the middle, R245. One was slightly off-center to the left, the other to the right.

by Anonymousreply 24601/11/2012

any place to watch this on the web?

by Anonymousreply 24701/11/2012

Why do all the fat chicks hate Bev? They run rough shod over her.

by Anonymousreply 24801/11/2012

I think the fat chicks are just plain prejudiced against Asians. The fat chick hates both Ed and Bev.

by Anonymousreply 24901/11/2012

For some reason, seeing the remaining contestants separated into two teams, by sex, made it that much more clear what a shitty season this is.

I was sad to see Ty-Lor go, if only for the eye candy. But now, what? I feel almost nothing for anyone left. I don't love any of them, and don't hate any of them either.

Yet, I will continue watching to the end of the season.

by Anonymousreply 25001/12/2012

And Nyesha beats Ty in the Last Chance Kitchen. She is a powerhouse.

by Anonymousreply 25101/12/2012

The latest foodie revolution in Austin is food trucks. Wonder if they'll have a food truck competition.

by Anonymousreply 25201/12/2012

Doesn't Paul actually run a food truck in Austin? Seems like that'd be sort of stacked in his favor.

by Anonymousreply 25301/12/2012

Just watched the BBQ ep and what is so maddening about this season in particular since most of the cooking seems to be outdoors is that when shit like the fat chick getting heat stroke occurs and the remaining two members of the team have to take up the slack the judges act as if they are whining when in fact they are stating a fact that there was an inequity in the team makeup which might explain why he meat wasn't cooked to perfection. They keep putting up these stupid roadblocks and then act as if they weren't there. Padma is really annoying in this regard. Also what is up with all the really nasty girls this season? The men are all completely mellow and get along. The women are heinous.

by Anonymousreply 25401/12/2012

The judges said in previous seasons that they don't give a fuck what goes on in the kitchen, they only judge the plate in front of them.

Which is a mistake in some cases IMO. Remember pea-puree-gate? Or Mike stealing a recipe from Richard?

by Anonymousreply 25501/12/2012

R254, I was just going to point that out. I'm starting to lose interest in this show, and I was a huge fan for years. But during restaurant wars, the judges ate at the guys' place and said "the food was good; it was a great opening night... the dishes could just use some more work." Then in judging they bashed them to shit.

It seems put-on for drama, and I would absolutely love to see Colicchio perform in the same conditions. NOT in a speed challenge in an indoor kitchen, but outside in trillion-degree heat, down a team member. Or open a restaurant in 24 hours.

As for Hugh, he's just being a prick for the sake of sounding smart (which he's doesn't). He didn't do so well on Chef Masters; he was thrown out early and only came back when one chef had to leave for a family emergency (or didn't want to put up with the horseshit challenges, possibly). Emeril, too... other chefs mock the fuck out of him as ham-handed and not that talented, but he cavils about every teeny flaw in each dish, and then they send someone home on the back of that?

It's lame and contrived. And it seems designed to break the contestants down, make them attack each other, and put them in the worst possible light. I've started skipping from where it says "Judges' Table" to the last clip to see who's leaving, so I don't have to listen to the pontificating, preening, and posturing of the judges.

Oh, and just to pick on one last judge: Padma has a crappy gig doing every-tenth cooking show on the Food Network's sister channel, and she kind of totally sucks at both narrating and cooking. She works at a snail's pace and still almost dropped the bowl she was working with, and she regularly trips over her words or forgets what she's saying. I'd love to see her struggle through one of those "you have 10 minutes to make an entree" challenges.

by Anonymousreply 25601/12/2012

I do the same thing now. Skip from Judges table to who got the boot. I still find this to be the best of the competition shows but this combination of Fear Factor/Top Chef that they have been angling for is just not up to the templates of other seasons.

by Anonymousreply 25701/12/2012

I think r256 just had a great idea! Top Chef- with all the judges from all previous seasons competing.

by Anonymousreply 25801/13/2012

[quote]Just watched the BBQ ep and what is so maddening about this season in particular since most of the cooking seems to be outdoors is that when shit like the fat chick getting heat stroke occurs and the remaining two members of the team have to take up the slack the judges act as if they are whining when in fact they are stating a fact that there was an inequity in the team makeup which might explain why he meat wasn't cooked to perfection.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 25901/13/2012

The challenges are getting ridiculous. Cooking in over 100 degree weather with no sleep and for 300 people almost every week? I don't like watching people being tortured and the judges acting like total snots. However, I don't really care about any of these people.

by Anonymousreply 26001/13/2012

[quote] would absolutely love to see Colicchio perform in the same conditions. NOT in a speed challenge in an indoor kitchen, but outside in trillion-degree heat, down a team member. Or open a restaurant in 24 hours.

To be fair, "Colicchio" isn't competing for $100,000. What are the judges supposed to do, just hand the money over to them?

The chefs know what to expect with the lack of sleep and the crazy challenges. The one thing I do agree with you about, is the heat. That is just ridiculous and insane. Nobody works well in that sort of environment. The kitchen is already hot, without having to cook in the blazing sun with 100+ degree heat and humidity.

I also agree that the judges' opinions are so arbitrary. To illustrate, Tom Colicchio said that he loved Chris' "crackerjack" dessert. Then on the WWHL after show with Andy Cohen, Hugh Acheson said that it was the worst thing he ever ate.

Add to that the fact that Emeril is also never on the same page, and you have people scratching their heads, wondering how the judges are eliminating contestants.

One thing I have noticed, though, is that I could always rely on the judges to trash Ty-Lor's food, while praising Paul's food. Every single time, without fail. And who couldn't see them "loving" Beverly's same old braised short ribs and kimchee - yet again?

I find it odd that Tom always raves about Paul's food, and yet when the BBQ judge from the Texas Culinary Institute tasted Paul's food, he hated it.

It's so easy to manipulate the results when A) the judges are the only ones tasting the food, and B) it depends on the judges' personal taste. Hence, the crackerjack dessert disparity.

I think that the contestants should be allowed to contribute towards the judging. This past Restaurant Wars challenge was a clear concensus in favor of the women, and the men clearly agreed.

Winners and losers should be based on 20% Tom, 20% Padma, 20% rotating judge, 20% guest judge, and 20% contestants' vote.

Unfortunately, we all know the the producers inevitably choose the winner, so the whole thing is really a moot point.

Judging by the edit, I'm sure that Paul will win. I know more about his backstory than any of the others, and the judges just won't shut up about him.

by Anonymousreply 26101/13/2012

It appears to me that what some of you are having an issue with is, not the judging per se, but the way the show is edited. Since the show is an hour, they can't put every comment by every judge in the show when they're tasting the food for the first time. They also can't put the entire judge's table and the judges discussion into the show, which I've heard lasts hours and hours.

Now I'm not saying there isn't producer manipulation and all of that nonsense. What I am saying is that we are seeing sound bites taken from hours and hours of footage, but also soundbites that contribute to a more interesting show. And I don't think you can get a complete picture of what happens between tasting and judging in, what, 15 minutes of show time? It is the footage on the cutting room floor, that we don't see, which would fill in the blanks and explain some of the judging decisions, but you can't do that in a hour - and quite frankly, it probably isn't interesting television.

by Anonymousreply 26201/13/2012

Can anyone explain the Last Chance Kitchen feature this season? I understand that the regularly eliminated chefs are competing for an apparent spot to get back in the competition, but when does that come into play? The final show? Has it been explained?

by Anonymousreply 26301/13/2012

I saw Hugh on WWH and he is cuter than on Top Chef. Besides that he was pretty candid about what the cheftestants go through and the diverging viewpoints on the dishes. He also seems gayer that JoAnn Worley's boa. Ty-Lor was on as a bartender too. Burlier than ever.

by Anonymousreply 26401/13/2012

The fact that Nyesha was eliminated early, yet is easily beating the recently eliminated chefs on Last Chance Kitchen, only proves how ineffectual the challenges are in determining the best chef. I hope she wins the whole thing just to embarrass the judges and their silly challenges.

by Anonymousreply 26501/13/2012

This season seems to have devolved into Fear Factor for Chefs. Sad because even as late as the Voltaggio v. Voltaggio season the show had some integrity with regard to finding the best actual chef, not the best stunt chef.

I'd include the All Star season in that except for the stupid-as-fuck Conch challenge.

by Anonymousreply 26601/13/2012

[quote]The challenges are getting ridiculous. Cooking in over 100 degree weather with no sleep and for 300 people almost every week?

Don't forget what is a week to us may be just a day to them. One of the men said he had only 5 hours of sleep in the 48 hours just before restaurant wars.

by Anonymousreply 26701/13/2012

Most of the challenges have been low-brow stuff so far, mostly due to the low-brow Texas cuisine. Chili and barbecue challenges aren't going to tell you who the best chef is.

by Anonymousreply 26801/13/2012

For R263, I'm not sure if the show has provided the details to answer your questions, but I might be mistake as I haven't seen every episode of Last Chance Kitchen. But on the previous week (when Malibu Chris was eliminated) they showed Nyesha say that after she beat Chris, she only had to beat two more chefs to get back into the competition.

So this week she knocked out one of them, Ty-Lor. If what she said was correct, then if she wins again next week, she'll return to the competition the following week with the rest of the chefs (who, by the way, don't know any of this is happening).

So they will think they are down to 6 chefs (unless there is a surprise double elimination next week), but she will be put back into the fold making it 7.

I haven't seen any explanation on whether she'll be given any stipulations upon returning. She may have to win the challenge the week she comes back or be eliminated again. They did that once when that blond Jeff from Miami got put back in on the penultimate episode, but got cut the same day even though he didn't lose the challenge.

Anyway, my point is that I don't know if you've missed anything. Some of my answer has been speculation. The only thing I know for sure is that Nyesha said she only had to beat 2 more chefs to get back in the game.

by Anonymousreply 26901/13/2012

Like others, I ignore the petty judges table beat down.

This also right about the the time of the extended 10 minute commercial break that happens at about 38 minutes into Bravo TV shows (Top Chef, RHOx) - they break, show 6 or 7 commercials, cut back into a 15 second spot of some "funny" / "cutesy" interlude, then have 7 or 8 more commercials). Sometimes I come back at the very end, sometimes I just ignore it.

Restaurant wars is always a dumb challenge. I only saw the girl team portion of the recent show and could tell it was a crappy episode.

by Anonymousreply 27001/13/2012

This show would only improve if in next week's episode, the fat girl from Bridesmaids shit all of the chef's chili into her "bridesmaid's set" sink and made Padma, Hugh, and Emeril decipher which one had the best seasoning.

by Anonymousreply 27101/13/2012

That probably would help the ratings!

by Anonymousreply 27201/13/2012

Charlene Theron is in next week.

I miss the old days of Top Chef; I think they should take a break after this bad season.

by Anonymousreply 27301/13/2012

[quote]Most of the challenges have been low-brow stuff so far, mostly due to the low-brow Texas cuisine.

Texan foodie here. The "low-brow" cuisine seen on many episodes this season really isn't representative of modern-day Texas in the slightest. Most of the fellow Lone Star foodies I know are also watching the show, and invariably we get into a squabble each week over how the show has been reliant this season on the most dreary and ancient Texas stereotypes (cowboys, rodeos, boots, country barbecues, etc.), which in turn lead to competitions with cliche "Texas" foods. Hell, even in liberal, "weird" Austin they've been cutting intro shots to feature shit like one of only two places in town that sells custom boots, never mind that few Austinites actually wear them.

Do Texans eat barbecue? Of course, but it's not a dish that requires gourmet preparation, and it's most typically found out in the sticks, not in cities (big exception here for Franklin's in Austin, recently named by Bon Appetit as having the best 'cue in America). Ditto chili: people make it at home and at random, rural chili cookoffs, but I can't even remember the time I last saw it in a restaurant setting. Ditto game; Tim Love's Lonesome Dove restaurant in Fort Worth, featured on the show, is one of the only places in Texas that specializes in it, and the show kinda cheated by presenting the city as somehow being part of Dallas -- any Dallasite will tell you the opposite. (The only real thing the cities share is an airport.) If anything, the most common type of food in Texas these days, by far, is Tex-Mex, but we've seen nary a hair of it except on the quinceanera episode, and even that was more upscale Mexican.

Paul Qui, btw -- the lone current Texan on the show and, judging by most of his performances, a likely finalist or winner -- works at a restaurant in Austin called Uchiko, which serves high-end Japanese food and sushi on par with any Nobu or Bond Street. Actually, I think Uchiko is better than either one!

by Anonymousreply 27401/13/2012

Get a load of Ms. R274.

It's so insufferable, I assume it's Kirker?

by Anonymousreply 27501/13/2012

[quote]Ditto game; Tim Love's Lonesome Dove restaurant in Fort Worth, featured on the show, is one of the only places in Texas that specializes in it, and the show kinda cheated by presenting the city as somehow being part of Dallas -- any Dallasite will tell you the opposite.

What is that game thing?

I'm neither American nor is English my first language so I couldn't really figure that one out (despite googling). Has it to do with hunting?

Oh and every TV show about a certain place plays up the stereotypes. If you'd come to Switzerland you wouldn't recognize it because it's so different from the ads and TV shows.

by Anonymousreply 27601/13/2012

R274, barbecue is very big in Austin, with several popular barbecue restaurants. To say that it's typically found out in the sticks is just wrong.

Austin was also home to the Texas Chili Parlor. It closed a couple of years ago, but it was an institution in the city for decades.

Austin is also home to Hudson's on the Bend, one of the most famous and critically-acclaimed wild game restaurants in the country.

by Anonymousreply 27701/13/2012

[quote]It's so insufferable, I assume it's Kirker?

No, but I'm here now. Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice!

R277, there really aren't many BBQ spots in Austin proper - The Salt Lick doesn't count, considering it's, as posited, in the sticks. Ditto Smitty's, Kreuz Market, Cooper's, etc. Franklin is the only truly top-notch barbeque spot in the city, and it's a relative newbie.

Also, the Texas Chili Parlor is still open, but it's the only place in town I'm aware of that specializes in the dish. Ditto Hudson's and game. I don't think the latter is doing very well, considering they've started relying on Groupons to drive traffic.

by Anonymousreply 27801/13/2012

The County Line Barbecue was the highest-grossing restaurant in Austin for years.

by Anonymousreply 27901/13/2012

[quote]The County Line Barbecue was the highest-grossing restaurant in Austin for years.

I don't doubt it, but that's because a) it's huge and has two branches and b) it caters in large part to tourists who don't mind mediocre barbeque.

by Anonymousreply 28001/13/2012

I live practically walking distance from Hudson's on the Bend and was just thinking how its style would've made a great challenge for them -- UPSCALE dishes with everything from deer to squirrel and every animal in between.

It costs a fortune and I didn't want to touch half the menu items -- didn't want to eat anything I feed in my back yard -- but it definitely would allow the chefs to be fancy and adventurous. And NOT SWEATY!

by Anonymousreply 28101/13/2012

To answer R276, "game" in this case means the meat of wild animals hunted for food = (Wild / gebier / selvaggina)

The different teams had boar, duck, elk, quail, squab(pigeon) and venison(deer).

by Anonymousreply 28201/13/2012

Why do all the fat bitches hate Beverly? That fat bitch this week was just looking for more ways to belittle her even after she won!

I never understand it when contestants on this show think they're the judges. Someone needs to tell that fat cooze to shut the fuck up!

by Anonymousreply 28301/14/2012

That fat bitch Sarah and Lindsay are ganging up on Beverly because she doesn't stand up for herself. Grayson and Ed won't take their shit so they pick on the one who has a hard time defending herself.

by Anonymousreply 28401/14/2012

One fat bitch down, one fat bitch to go.

by Anonymousreply 28701/15/2012

I am now rooting for Beverly and Neysha if she makes it. I hate bullies and now I want Bev to have her revenge. Speaking of Neysha she got eliminated on a double elimination challenge and it actually was not her dish that was the problem it was her partners so it is great that she is avenging her early departure.

I hate to hear that people think BBQ or Chili is lowbrow. The team that won the Chili competition did not do a traditional Chili. They are always reimagining dishes on this show so why not BBQ and Chili? It's good ole comfort food and I love it.

by Anonymousreply 28801/15/2012

I really despise that fat bullying angry bitch. Her food isn't all that, she is always full of excuses and looking for a way to cover her more than ample fat arse.

She's repulsive and loathsome inside and out.

Miss Ty-lor already and like Paul best.

by Anonymousreply 28901/15/2012

Why would anyone watch television show about cooking in Texas?

Oh wait, Top Chef isn't about cooking. It's about humiliation with food-like products.

by Anonymousreply 29001/15/2012

[quote]I am now rooting for Beverly and Neysha

Same here, they both seem like decent people and unless they do a personality 180 in the weeks to come, a win for either of them would be fine by me.

by Anonymousreply 29101/16/2012

I really like Nyesha and think she's really cool. She wanted to get back at Heather by beating her in the Last Chance Kitchen. Apparently, Nyesha doesn't like bullies either.

by Anonymousreply 29201/17/2012

I'm going to miss Ty's awesome eyes and stache, but Paul's pits will keep me interested for now. I could lose days in there.

by Anonymousreply 29301/17/2012

Paul makes me moist. I want to eat his gaysian bung hole.

by Anonymousreply 29401/17/2012

[quote]If Beverly could find the balls to throw Sarah and Lindsay one good "STFU," everything would be right.

Wasn't she in an abusive relationship for a long time and got away with difficulty? Would explain some things.

I think that the two fat chicks are so hard on Beverly because they know about their own weakness(unfit because of fatness, which is a problem in such a kitchen and contest). So in order to not get bullied they bully themselves someone else who is even weaker. Without Beverly it would take only one accusation towards them not being fit for the kitchen and they would crumble.

by Anonymousreply 29501/17/2012

A chef is unfit for the kitchen because of their weight? What the fuck are you talking about, R295? Let's just look at Colicchio and Lagasse, for starters. You're talking out of your ass.

A kitchen is a busy, chaotic place, and it toughens you up. People have to move fast, work efficiently and be really organized, in order to get the food to the customer. Women learn that they have to be bossy and bitchy in that environment to get things done and maintain the integrity of the food.

What's going on with Beverly is a survival of the fittest mentality. She's mousy and timid. She spends a lot of time on her own dish in the team challenges. I can see how she rubs some people the wrong way and can inspire a real aggressive thread in them. Doesn't make it right, but I'm not surprised its happening. I think Beverly is probably a very nice person, and I hate bullies, too, but I want to smack her around and make her stand up to her antagonizers just once, for fucks sake.

I don't get the appeal of Ty-Lor, at all. Every time he spoke, I thought of Bill Murray's character on Caddyshack.

by Anonymousreply 29601/17/2012

[quote]Charlene Theron

by Anonymousreply 29701/17/2012

"Charleeeeene don't like it..."

by Anonymousreply 29801/17/2012

Aren't they eating some disgusting stuff tonight?

by Anonymousreply 29901/18/2012

Bye, Bev.

by Anonymousreply 30001/19/2012

Get a load of Ms. R296.

by Anonymousreply 30101/19/2012

Whoa...Last Chance Kitchen was worth watching!

by Anonymousreply 30201/19/2012

So happy that Beverly the sous chef was eliminated. That bitch was totally useless. And she wasn't passive and timid. She was PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE.

Take note of how the other contestants said that she speaks softly and giggly and quietly, but she's pushing people out of the way in the kitchen, taking their cooking utensils, and only caring about her own things in team challenges. She should have been out AGES ago.

I also hated the "you're all winners!" spiel, just to make her feel better. I guess the judges were afraid of Beverly suing the show for harassment and defamation. But the truth is that she does suck as a chef, and they were extremely nice in letting her get as far as she did.

I really smell a rat this season. Does anyone else notice that the judges initial reactions to dishes are quite different from what they say at judging panel?

I didn't see anyone raving about Paul's dish and saying how fantastic it was, while they were eating it. And yet he wins the challenge? Give me a fucking break.

Paul didn't adhere at all to the challenge to make a scary and evil dish, the way that Chris and Grayson did. Grayson's dish was awesome and creative, and Chris' dish just blew me away with how grotesque it was, both inside and out. And everybody RAVED about his apple dish. So why the fuck did Paul win the challenge?

Emeril and Charleze also said that Sarah's lamb heart dish was "perfection." So how the hell did she end up in the bottom?

NOBODY said anything spectacular about Ed's dish, so why the fuck wasn't HE in the bottom?

I swear, this has been the shittiest season ever, with the show clearly setting up Paul for the win. What a crock of shit.

by Anonymousreply 30301/19/2012

Don't get too excited, she won Last Chance Kitchen

by Anonymousreply 30401/19/2012

Chris needs a bath and a haircut, that Bam Bam look is not good.

by Anonymousreply 30501/19/2012

[quote] Don't get too excited, she won Last Chance Kitchen

I'm not surprised. The show seems to be up Paul's, Beverly's, and Ed's asses. Not surprised at all.

I kinda had a feeling when on WWHL, Andy's poll question was, "was the right chef sent home tonight?" and then he had Beverly as a caller on the line. Then he said, "watch Last Chance Kitchen to see what happens." Duh, you just pretty much told everybody what happens, Andy.

The show was pretty much over when Ty-Lor and Malibu Chris were sent home. Lindsay is the only one worth rooting for now.

by Anonymousreply 30601/19/2012

[quote]Does anyone else notice that the judges initial reactions to dishes are quite different from what they say at judging panel? I didn't see anyone raving about Paul's dish and saying how fantastic it was, while they were eating it. And yet he wins the challenge? Give me a fucking break.

You seem to think you're seeing full and representative content of either the dinners or the judging panel. You're seeing a few hours distilled down to a few minutes. The editors cherry-pick the few lines they think might be interesting, inflammatory, or deliberately misleading in order to heighten the overall drama.

by Anonymousreply 30701/19/2012

Beverly won restaurant wars remember. And Padma said she would have won this week's quick fire.. They dont say that lightly. Beverly was misunderstood. It's possible to be very competitive and very sweet. that doesn't make her passive aggressive just because you don't get her!

A weird way a little revealed she's off 'cause she had a nice victory and it was a little tough to watch. Some of the cheftestants were being really rude to her.

So who do I root for now. that Paul guy is good. I don't know...

by Anonymousreply 30801/19/2012

Very few successful people in highly competitive fields are sweet, regardless of how they may act or appear. I don't think Beverly seems that sweet. She's ruthless, but she clearly feels that appearing moral and kind is important. Nonetheless, she has said plenty of nasty things, and that's just what made it on-air.

Blunt people aren't necessarily meaner than sweet talkers, and sweet talkers aren't necessarily nicer. I just trust people who say what they mean more than those who smile, then stab you when your back is turned. Not saying that's Beverly; I don't know any of the chefs, other than how they've been edited on this lame, getting-desperate season.

[quote]Oh wait, Top Chef isn't about cooking. It's about humiliation with food-like products.

Fantastic description of the new, unimproved Top Chef. Someone else upthread said it's "Top Chef meets Fear Factor"... also apt and funny. I hope they pay attention. They're losing viewers, and this won't bring us back.

by Anonymousreply 30901/19/2012

There are some nutty people posting on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 31001/20/2012

Top Chef is losing steam. It's to "reality show" like now.

Lost whatever integrity it had.

by Anonymousreply 31101/20/2012

[quote]It's to "reality show" like now.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 31201/20/2012

This is the absolute worst season. Ever! So many phoney bitches, especially that Beverly... thing.

by Anonymousreply 31301/20/2012

Nyesha was completely fucked over on Last Chance Kitchen - they set that challenge up to get Bev back on the show to annoy more people. Fuck you Tom C!

by Anonymousreply 31401/20/2012

[quote] I didn't see anyone raving about Paul's dish and saying how fantastic it was, while they were eating it. And yet he wins the challenge? Give me a fucking break.

As a matter of fact, all throughout the challenge, even Paul thought his dish sucked. He said he wasn't happy with it at all, and he was surprised with a "win." How odd.

by Anonymousreply 31501/21/2012

The problem is that the unusual personalities got kicked off too early. The intense little guy Ricky or Bully Woman would have made things more interesting.

There's also really no one really likeable to root for, like Carla, or superbly talented, like the Voltaggios, or mad-genius crazy like Marcel. They're all too average, both in personality and talent. Even Tom admitted to such on the blog, when he said people had been wondering if the current crop of chefs were as talented as previous seasons.

I don't think it's the show's format's fault, just the casting this year.

by Anonymousreply 31601/21/2012

Oh, and they need to bring back Anthony Bourdain.

by Anonymousreply 31701/21/2012

So what we're left with is this limp dishrag of a woman, Beverly, who cringes around and cries at the drop of a hat. So annoying.

by Anonymousreply 31801/21/2012

So now people on his thread are ganging up on Beverly.....just like you see everyone else on the show doing.

I don't think she's passive aggressive. The problem with Beverly is she never learned to be assertive and lacks certain social skills so her actions are misinterpreted. But she has to be a very talented chef to have beaten Nyesha and win all these challenges.

by Anonymousreply 31901/22/2012

[quote]I didn't see anyone raving about Paul's dish and saying how fantastic it was, while they were eating it. And yet he wins the challenge? Give me a fucking break.

You're wrong about that, R303. I re-watched the episode tonight and Emeril used that exact word--'fantastic'--to describe Paul's dish. Charlize went on about how beautiful the presentation was but then flipped over the flavors. And even Eric Ripert chimed in, praising the pickled jalapeno. Everyone loved that dish and said so before Judge's Table.

I really thought Ed was going home tonight, so I was a little surprised to hear Chris Jones' name at elimination. He had a good run, though, considering his limitations as a chef. I really thought he should have been sent packing a while back.

by Anonymousreply 32001/26/2012

I feel sad for R319, who looks at Beverly and thinks, "That's me! That's me!"

by Anonymousreply 32101/26/2012

Could someone please post here who won the Last Chance Kitchen challenge between Bev and Chris Jones? I don't enjoy watching it enough to pull it up online.

Also, I guess Nyesha was mistaken when she said 2 weeks ago that she'd only have to beat 2 more competitors to get back in the game. This makes it 3 weeks since then and they are still LastChanceKitchening.

by Anonymousreply 32201/26/2012

This season has left me mystified about the judging. It's just so ... random, with the one guarantee - Paul is going to win. *yawn*

I LOVE Grayson for calling Colicchio on his bullshit. She gets called out for making what was obviously a fantastic chicken salad, while Paul and Ed and Beverly get passs after pass for making korean style shortribs (kalbi) and kimchee every single fucking episode, INCLUDING this one.

And guess what? It's not fucking hard to make a tasty korean shortribs. Soy sauce, sugar, mirin, ginger, garlic, green onions, and cho jung sauce. Marinate for an hour or two. DONE. What's worse is that the judges KNOW this, and yet they keep giving the redundant asian food a pass. What the fuck is going on?

To ram home the point, even Ed himself thought he was going home. But nope, they sent home Chris. Go figure.

I am so happy that Grayson made Colicchio look incredibly stupid. So much so, that even HE had to acknowledge her argument. Grayson was obviously reacting to the unfairness of the judging, and it finally got to her. Thank goodness she spoke up.

When something stinks, everybody knows it... and this season most definitely stinks. It's a total farce. NO EMMY FOR YOU, TOP CHEF! In fact, they shouldn't even be nominated, for churning out this steaming pile of crap.

by Anonymousreply 32301/26/2012

Beverly won Last chance kitchen

by Anonymousreply 32401/26/2012

I so wanted Sarah to go home, she's such a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 32501/26/2012

[quote] Beverly won Last chance kitchen

Did she make shortribs and kimchee? I'll bet Tom Colicchio gave her extra credit for that.

by Anonymousreply 32601/26/2012

What do we think about giving so much of plot over to Healthy Choice? I guess this show has always been heavy on the product placement. maybe it's just that they bought so much of this season..

Sigh, I don't think this season is that bad. But wasn't Tom reported to have said this group of consentants wasn't the most talented? I always wondered about that...there can't be an endless supply of chefs at a certain high level.. Or any good chef with a few years under their belt could try this show?

Maybe Beverly is a mess, I have no idea. but she seemed talented and was worth rooting for.. Itll be Paul and Lindsay at the end. Grayson isn't strong enough a chef I don't think. Ed I'm skeptical of after he thought that those Dallas families were 'elegant'. Define elegant.

This show could stand back and give us a little more Texas somehow. Are the challenges boring?

by Anonymousreply 32701/26/2012

Loved how Tom got his ass handed to him! Some of the judges' comments are completely ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 32801/26/2012

At the beginning of this week's show it was a nice gesture on Charlize Theron's part to come into the waiting room individually and thank the chefs for their meal. Whether it was spontaneous or set up I don't remember any other judge doing that in any other episode.

I thought Ed would be sent packing based on the judges' comments so it was a surprise that it was Chris.

by Anonymousreply 32901/26/2012

What is it about Paul? Don't usually go for asians, but....

by Anonymousreply 33001/26/2012

Semi related, that untalented piece of shit fake Italian Fabio has been reduced to doing in-store food demo's. He'll be at HEB in San Antonio this weekend. And I am not kidding.

Last night.... stupid challenge. The chicken sandwich people had the right idea. They wanted to do something light because it was 105 degrees out.

I hate Emeril. He's a hack like that fat diabetic whore Paula Dean.

And I am getting a gay vibe from Paul.... and his lucky socks.

by Anonymousreply 33101/26/2012

How much longer til this shit is over with? Seems like it has been airing for 7 months now.

by Anonymousreply 33201/26/2012

r323 has been hyperventilating his righteous rage all over this thread. He has many "informed" opinions about which chefs are good and which aren't. Interesting from someone who got upset earlier in the thread that blonde Chris shouldn't have been eliminated because he was "too cute."

by Anonymousreply 33301/26/2012

Yeah R329, I loved Charlize's "Just wanted to say thanks...but don't touch me..." appearance in the stew room. A true star.

by Anonymousreply 33401/26/2012

I laugh every time they try to make out that Emeril is some genius in the kitchen and titling credits him as the author of One Pot Wonders.

by Anonymousreply 33501/26/2012

So I guess Lindsay finally came out this week by wearing her dyke hat.

by Anonymousreply 33601/26/2012

My only other observation is: Paul, it's time to take your clothes off. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 33701/26/2012

As non-American I find the obvious product placement appaling.

"When we left the kitchen we hopped into the brand new Subaru whatever." "It is such a great car"

I guess you don't have any regulations concerning product placements, do you?

by Anonymousreply 33801/26/2012

"My only other observation is: Paul, it's time to take your clothes off. Thanks."

I second this. I'm growing more attracted to him by the week. He's so clearly the best chef there, but is the opposite of cocky in every way. And I love his nervous little laugh.

by Anonymousreply 33901/26/2012

Paul's humbleness is what makes him so adorable.

by Anonymousreply 34001/26/2012

Yet another challenge involving mass-produced, paper-plate picnic food served by & to sweaty people in 105 degree heat? WTF are they thinking this season? What a letdown after the *one* good episode (with Charlize Theron).

If they'd at least been truthful and called this "Top Texas Middle School Cafeteria Cook" (for which most of these bulldykes and dullards don't seem qualified) I'd have known to take a pass.

by Anonymousreply 34101/26/2012

I think Paul's crazy like a fox. How many individual challenges has he won and for how much money. When he has to partner he screws up and prevents the partner from getting money or immunity.

He's no fool.

by Anonymousreply 34201/26/2012

Agree, R341, though at least we finally got a sign of a personality -- spitfire "like a meatball?" girl made me smile, especially her little "fuck you" shrug at the end. Where was THAT all season?

But you're right, could've called this one "Top Chef: Paper Plate Edition".

by Anonymousreply 34301/26/2012

R343: I agree with you, too - I like Tom C. overall, but I did enjoy Grayson handing his ass back to him.

That exchange really fit with my complaint about this season; the food she delivered fit the low-brow challenge (the invitees apparently thought so too). If he wants higher-caliber food, then they need some higher-caliber challenges. One or two of these per season as a novelty is fine, but week after week, give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 34401/26/2012

Seriously?. How many episodes left til this shit is done?

by Anonymousreply 34501/26/2012

They used to really cook and be creative on this show. Now it's like the producers just try to trip them up and hold them accountable.

by Anonymousreply 34601/26/2012

I don't remember the chefs cooking as much low-brow food in previous seasons. It's not their fault really, but rather the pedestrian challenges. They seem to be aiming for the Olive Garden and Applebee's crowd.

by Anonymousreply 34701/26/2012

I bet Paul's hairy butthole holds many mysterious secrets.

by Anonymousreply 34801/26/2012

Agree with everyone that the challenges are not really up to scratch this season. It's like Top Cafeteria.

I liked Charlize Theron coming back to thank them and it was obviously her idea.

Wished that pig Sarah would have left. Chris Jones was overdue to go but he did get the $5K to take home and prevented Sarah from winning.

Love Paul. I actually want him to win. Lyndsey can cook but she is such a bitch.

Particularly enjoyed Grayson standing up to Tom, about time someone did. I think she'll be going home next week though.

by Anonymousreply 34901/26/2012

So...just how many episodes are left in this season?

by Anonymousreply 35001/26/2012

by Anonymousreply 35101/27/2012

The only redeeming aspect of this season is Last Chance kitchen. But I wish Nyesha would have kept on winning.

by Anonymousreply 35201/27/2012

Beverly wins again in last chance kitchen by beating Chris J. If she wins one more time she's back in the competition.

by Anonymousreply 35301/27/2012

Episodes left in this season?

by Anonymousreply 35401/27/2012

Ed or Grayson may be the next to go. If Bev returns, watch Lindsay and Sarah lose it. Bev is looking like a determined little terrier.

by Anonymousreply 35501/27/2012

Crazy thought just popped in my head...

How many episodes left this season?

by Anonymousreply 35601/28/2012

R356, why don't you go to, count how many chefs there are and do some comparative reasoning based on the number of episodes in previous seasons? Jesus, how the fuck should we know?

by Anonymousreply 35701/28/2012

It's true this season is not that great but nobody is making you watch it [R30].I actually liked the episode with 'Charlene' lol.. because it had nothing to do with Texas.

by Anonymousreply 35801/28/2012

Paul is soooooo adorable when he smiles. I want him to win just to see him smile.

I lived in Texas for one year and ate Mexican food 3 meals a day every day there. The Mexican food there was fabulous. NOTHING else was. So it's surprising to me that there hasn't been more Mexican cookery on this show. Half the residents of Texas are Mexican, yet how many Mexicans have we seen on the show?

by Anonymousreply 35901/28/2012

Looks like there's 16 episodes all together. This week was episode 12.

by Anonymousreply 36001/28/2012

F&F for R361.

Also, F&F for Texas. That shithole state ruined this season.

by Anonymousreply 36201/29/2012

Is there any doubt that Paul will win this season? There's no suspense. Chris Jones is a joke. Lindsey and Sarah are raging bitches, Grayson is too inexperienced, and let's face it, even if Beverly gets back in, she's not winning this. The only contenders are Ed and Paul and Paul is better, as evidenced by his 324 wins and collecting $55K already. Plus they can say that an Austinian won the Texas season. Nyesha was a contender too but too bad the producers screwed her over and sent her home unfairly for someone ELSE's cooking!

by Anonymousreply 36301/29/2012

[quote]So I guess Lindsay finally came out this week by wearing her dyke hat.

Did anyone else notice the looks Miss Charlize was sending Lindsay's way when she served her witch's stew? I wonder if Michele Bernstein got a little jealous.

by Anonymousreply 36401/29/2012

[quote]R323 has been hyperventilating his righteous rage all over this thread. He has many "informed" opinions about which chefs are good and which aren't.

I completely agree, and also suspect it is the same troll who insists, year after year, that shows like "The Amazing Race" are also "rigged." It also clearly favors cooks it thinks are "cute," e.g. Ty-lor (easily the most pretentious moniker in "Top Chef" history, and possibly reality show history, period) and Malibu Chris.

R359, how did you manage to become such an authority on non-Mexican Texas cuisine if you ate breakfast tacos and burritos three times a day, every day? I have no idea when you lived there, but you are simply wrong that Texas has "NOTHING" good foodwise besides Mexican food. The state's larger cities all have superb restaurants, and the head chef at Uchiko, the modern-Japanese restaurant where Paul Qui works, has won countless awards and magazine covers, including the "Food & Wine" magazine Top New Chef award. Also, your reference to "Mexican food" is itself telling, considering that what is served at inexpensive taco joints in Texas is Tex-Mex, not "Mexican" (or, rather, what is also known as "interior Mexican" - think mole and the like).

R363, you have no basis on which to assume Paul will win, even if he's won an unusually large number of challenges. It'll all come down to the final episode, as always. Also, Austin residents are called Austinites, not "Austinians."

by Anonymousreply 36501/30/2012

It would be a travesty if Paul doesn't win.

by Anonymousreply 36601/30/2012

[quote] R323 has been hyperventilating his righteous rage all over this thread. He has many "informed" opinions about which chefs are good and which aren't.

Well this is still a messageboard for OPINIONS, is it not, oh Miss know-it-all R365, et al?? Or is it only YOUR opinion that counts?

People like you are making this board suck BIG TIME. You're like a fucking Nazi.

[quote] It also clearly favors cooks it thinks are "cute," e.g. Ty-lor

You think I'm the only one on this fucking thread who thought Ty-Lor is cute, you douchecunt??

This is a fucking gay messageboard, where gay people can be attracted to other gay people and want them to win, and if you don't like it, then get fucking LOST, you vile piece of dogshit!

by Anonymousreply 36701/30/2012

Ugh. I'm having flashbacks to the "COCKSUCKER" troll on the Project Runway season 9 threads.

by Anonymousreply 36801/30/2012

Nobody mentioned the return of that once cute, now fat, Ryan Scott from Top Chef Chicago. Being a Healthy Choice spokesman has done nothing for his figure.

by Anonymousreply 36901/30/2012

Is Ryan Scott a gay or a straight?

by Anonymousreply 37001/30/2012

[quote]You're like a fucking Nazi.

Says the one who seemingly wants to make kimchi of certain contestants just because they're Asian.

by Anonymousreply 37101/30/2012

Well R370 now that he's chubby I guess the straights can have him!

by Anonymousreply 37201/30/2012

This was probably the worst episode of the season and that's saying alot. As mentioned this is the season in which the chefs had to be concerned with more distractions and roadblocks than cooking. I mean another freaking outdoor cooking event for a huge crowd. The only satisfying ep has been the Charlize one if only for the fact that each chef was able to execute a dish that reflected culinary talent and not boot camp survival skills. Oh and Colicchio and Padma need to be slapped a few times for snotty comments and stinky cheese facial expressions.

by Anonymousreply 37301/30/2012

This is an awful season. Can you imagine Richard Blaise or the Voltaggio brothers cooking in these crappy conditions?

Just put the chefs in the kitchen and let them cook something amazing. Enough with all these stunt challenges.

by Anonymousreply 37401/30/2012

[quote]You think I'm the only one on this fucking thread who thought Ty-Lor is cute, you douchecunt??

No, but clearly you missed my larger point that being "cute" is not a valid premise -- unless you're a teenage girl -- upon which to favor certain contestants on a cooking show.

[quote]then get fucking LOST, you vile piece of dogshit!

Not a good retort to a comment that you're "hyperventilating with righteous rage," cupcake.

by Anonymousreply 37501/30/2012

R375, chill out and have some kimchi. You're derailing this thread with your massive ego.

by Anonymousreply 37601/30/2012

Is Michelle Bernstein gay? I don't think Lindsey is gay. I get the feeling she's asexual.

by Anonymousreply 37702/01/2012

"No, but clearly you missed my larger point that being "cute" is not a valid premise -- unless you're a teenage girl -- upon which to favor certain contestants on a cooking show."

Cute's not a bad place to start seeing as, gee I don't know, we can't actually taste the food

by Anonymousreply 37802/02/2012

Can't believe Ed stayed on with undercooked chicken.

That guy just bothers me for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 38002/02/2012

Who won Last Chance Kitchen? I'm guessing Cindy for the sheer drama when fat Sarah and Lindsay have to deal with her reappearance.

by Anonymousreply 38202/02/2012

R382 it's pretty damn obvious the second Bev knocked off Nyesha.

As soon as that happened I knew 100% that the mean girls Lindsay and Sarah would make the final 4 and that the surprise twist for the show will be Bev's triumphant return and she'll knock both of them off and go to the final three with Ed & Paul. Then Paul FTW.

This will happen. Mark my word. This is 100% what the producers are doing to make for compelling tv. Bev could have cooked baked dog poop for every LCK challenge and she'd still get the wins to return and get revenge on her tormentors.

by Anonymousreply 38302/02/2012

Thanks, it's Bev NOT Cindy! I can't even remember her name. I think your prediction is correct r383

by Anonymousreply 38402/02/2012

It's obvious that nobody's interested in this season anymore. It really is the worst ever.

It will be a total joke if Beverly and crazy Ed are in the final 3.

by Anonymousreply 38502/02/2012

The show is just awful. Once before the final, I would like the challenge to be "just cook your best meal.

Sure give them a limited budget, throw in a couple weird ingrediants, have them cook on an electric range; but can we see them cook without all the carnival games?

by Anonymousreply 38602/02/2012

"The winner of Last Chance Kitchen will be announced on the next episode of Top Chef."

by Anonymousreply 38702/02/2012

Ugh, the annoying Bev will be back for sure.

by Anonymousreply 38802/03/2012

[quote]Once before the final, I would like the challenge to be "just cook your best meal.

That was the challenge on the final "Last Chance Kitchen." Or, rather, best dish, but same difference.

by Anonymousreply 38902/03/2012

The gimmicks ruined this season. The last show was the most fucking stupid shit show I have ever seen. Pee Wee Herman? Seriously? Make pancakes? It was like some fucked up mash up of Amazing Race and Top Chef.

There are many great places for fine dining in Texas but the season has focused on the crappiest stereotypical Texas food -mexican, bbq, cooking roadkill, banquet style shit. What's next - create your own signature "Sonic Drive Through" hot dog?

Please, just end this season already. It blows donkey balls.

by Anonymousreply 39002/03/2012

Oh my, R390 sounds like an awful person.

Pee-wee fucking rules, my friend. And Texas is the biggest reason why this season sucks.

by Anonymousreply 39102/03/2012

I remember previous seasons with fondness because I was interested in what the chefs were doing in the kitchen, it was almost like I could taste what they were creating.

This season is ridiculous. I couldn't tell you what any of these chefs are good at. This week's elimination challenge made me want to barf, it was all chicken and eggs and bacon salads. These poor chefs are hamstrung by the production. Top Chef used to be a food show, now it's light entertainment. Tune in next week to see the chef's cook underwater! Or whatever. Not sure I'll be bothering with this again.

by Anonymousreply 39202/03/2012

Is it me or does it seem this season started last summer? Will it ever end?

Agree with the others about the silliness of the challenges. I really don't know what each chef is all about food-wise. In previous seasons, I could tell you but not this one.

by Anonymousreply 39302/04/2012

Everyone I know has a big 'But'.

by Anonymousreply 39402/04/2012

I've enjoyed this season, in spite of Texas.

I think Top Chef Atlanta would have been infinitessimally more interesting, though. Go to Texas for barbecue & Mexican food. Go to Atlanta for innovative, creative chefs willing to take chances.

by Anonymousreply 39502/05/2012

I hope Bev comes back and kicks the asses of the two remaining women who are raving bitches who give women chefs a bad name. Then it becomes an All Asian final 3. Add in Asian Padma and it's an All Asian show.

by Anonymousreply 39602/08/2012

[quote] I hope Bev comes back and kicks the asses of the two remaining women who are raving bitches who give women chefs a bad name. Then it becomes an All Asian final 3. Add in Asian Padma and it's an All Asian show.

Will we need a translator?

by Anonymousreply 39702/08/2012

East Coast DL'ers, what's going on on the show? Did Bev come back?

I've gotta go to bed early for an early am work assignment. Spoiler me please! Don't want to wait til I get home from work tomorrow to find out what happened.

by Anonymousreply 39802/08/2012

Bev is back and fat Sarah was not too happy.

What's up with Lndsay and Michelle Bernstein? Excuse me, I'm kinda behind but are they lovers?

by Anonymousreply 39902/08/2012

Oops. Michelle and her husband opened up a couple of restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 40002/08/2012

How much longer til this shit is over with?

by Anonymousreply 40102/08/2012

Not soon enough r401, not soon enough

This season is just awful, but I have fond memories of past seasons and enjoyed those so much, I can't seem to just turn this season off. But, it does blow.

by Anonymousreply 40202/08/2012

OK, that was a good episode. Why couldn't they have done this all season?

Sara is a coward and was a total waste of air time.

by Anonymousreply 40302/08/2012

So who got the boot tonight?

by Anonymousreply 40402/08/2012

OK, WWHL was really funny tonight. Sexy Padma just surpise ejaculated.

by Anonymousreply 40502/08/2012

R405 who left?

by Anonymousreply 40602/08/2012

Ugh, exactly as I predicted they brought Bev back to bring the drama.

I don't like the LCK idea. Whoever ended up didn't have to deal with all of the challenges the others went through, as well as having to do a quick fire followed by a course round to follow.

Nyesha was robbed by the producers for drama's sake. Bev lost on her own dish, Nyesha lost off Dakota's dish and then the stupid LCK switcher that gave the win to Bev.

Worst season ever. Any of the top 5 in the Vegas season would have smoked all of these chefs.

by Anonymousreply 40702/09/2012

Paul has had this in the bag from the beginning. A Texan winning Top Chef Texas.

by Anonymousreply 40802/09/2012

Why is "Malibu" Chris Curry still in the lead for most popular "chef-testant"? He didn't get much face time and when he did never showed much personality.

Looked just okay in a wife-beater but nothing to get him that $10K prize.

by Anonymousreply 40902/09/2012

They ousted the more winning Ed to bring back Bev?

This show is officially owned by producers, gaining on the level of the Bachelor at this point as fart as story acr's and story telling.

This season they jumped the shark.

by Anonymousreply 41002/09/2012

I wish Ed and Nyesha could've both made it to the finale over Beverly and big neck girl and the fat girl. Ed and Nyesha were so cool and fine cooks.

by Anonymousreply 41102/09/2012

R410 I couldn't agree more. I liked Ed but he was definitely sacrificed for Bev's sake, just like Nyesha.

The producers officially own this show and yep, this season it completely jumped the shark. It was telegraphed from the very beginning that Paul was going to win. They edited it to make Bev this poor helpless victim of everyone else's bullying and had her leave, go to LCK and do a surprise return clearly for drama's sake.

This entire season felt so forced and fake.

by Anonymousreply 41202/09/2012

r406-410: Same person

I hope Paul runs over Sara with his new Prius.

by Anonymousreply 41302/09/2012

[quote]I think Top Chef Atlanta would have been infinitessimally more interesting, though. Go to Texas for barbecue & Mexican food. Go to Atlanta for innovative, creative chefs willing to take chances.

Then perhaps you mean "infinitely" rather than "infinitessimally." The latter means "immeasurably small; the tiniest bit possible."

by Anonymousreply 41402/09/2012

[quote]They ousted the more winning Ed to bring back Bev?

No. They brought Beverly back after she won Last Chance and had her participate in the following challenge. She was in the top two and Ed in the bottom two. Ed was ousted all on his own for using packaged food in his dish.

by Anonymousreply 41502/09/2012

I thought Paul was fucking his mentor until they showed his gf.

by Anonymousreply 41602/09/2012

unlike Michelle Bernstein crying at the dinner, with even Tom mocking her? Then the whole "love" thing afterwards?

by Anonymousreply 41702/09/2012

Agreed, the Texas setting contributed nothing for this season and in fact detracted.

Top Chef is still far the best contest series on TV, but to my mind the recent seasons have all been disappointing. Season 6 was the last good, and perhaps best season -- with the Voltaggios, Jennifer Carroll, and Kevin Gillespie. The level of contestant talent was so high and evident from the first episode, AND because the competitions proved better showcases for their talent.

by Anonymousreply 41802/09/2012

Erm, let's be real, Paul's girlfriend Dina is a LADYBOY!

by Anonymousreply 41902/09/2012

Sarah is such a waste of space. What a chicken shit. She doesn't think Bev deserves to be there when she took a FFwd to the final? What a racist loser.

And I nearly gagged when Ed said he used canned smoked oysters. That's just gross.

by Anonymousreply 42002/09/2012

to be fair, Ed did taste the oysters before he bought them, and it looked like the judges were at a bit of a loss until he revealed that ingredient.

by Anonymousreply 42102/09/2012

Paul is clearly the best chef. It's not even close. He's already won close to $100,000, which is almost equal to the Grand Prize amount.

Paul's mentor was wearing a wedding ring, but he pinged off the charts.

by Anonymousreply 42202/09/2012

LCK is way better than just having the previous 6 people fight it out for a spot in one episode like they often do. Bev earned her way back in. Go Bev!

Fat Sarah sucks. Take the car and earn your spot in the final 4. Way classier. Even if you get eliminated you're still in most of the episodes of the season and you got a car.

Definite lesbian energy with Lindsay and Michelle Bernstein.

Ed couldn't revise his recipe on the fly. No canned oysters this far into the competition, Ed.

I feel like Paul will win the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 42302/09/2012

Yeah, Michelle Berstein had clearly mentored Lindsay in eating her signature dish she likes to call My Sweet Pussy Pie.

Now we know why that other female chef from a few seasons back had it in for Michelle - she couldn't take it that a lesbian was a better more successful chef and business woman.

by Anonymousreply 42402/09/2012

[quote]Definite lesbian energy with Lindsay and Michelle Bernstein.

I'll just go ahead and pat myself on the back for calling this way back in December at r168.

But they really played it up last night, didn't they? Paul and his mentor were back at his station, Sara and hers were walking out the door, and Lindsay and Michelle were still standing there hugging and whispering "I love you's." And you know they sweetened that audio in post.

Even if they're not fucking, you can just tell Lindsay wants to. Bad.

by Anonymousreply 42502/09/2012

Bernstein seems like one of those batshit crazy lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 42602/09/2012

Paul's tears when he saw his mentor was the sweetest thing I ever saw. I just LOVE that boy Paul Qui.

by Anonymousreply 42702/09/2012

This season was so rigged for Paul. And if he's the "best" chef this season, it probably means that all the other chefs suck ass.

It was clear from the first regular episode of the season, that the producers had established the "I'm from Texas, and it would be cool to win," storyline. And with each successive episode, it became clearer and clearer, where they were heading with this.

There is nothing (other than Tom Colicchio's cum-stained palate) to suggest that Paul is a great chef, or even a good chef. He just makes a feel good story for Texas. *yawn*

Even stranger, is that most Texans probably don't give a shit about Paul or the show, so his "win" wouldn't even matter.

It's the same bullshit that Project Runway tried to do with the Anya storyline, taking a internet porn whore who can't sew, to the winner of Project Runway.

It looks like this season of Top Chef will end up being as hated as was Anya's season of Project Runway.

When will producers finally realize that viewers hate being manipulated, and told who to root for? It's so pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 42802/09/2012

R428, I agree with everything you said.

This is the most forced season ever. The entire thing is so transparently rigged by the producers for storyline purposes.

by Anonymousreply 42902/09/2012

Would I be right in thinking that these chefs are more "green" than the chefs in other seasons? Just asking because from some of the things Tom said it gave me the impression these chefs are just starting out.

Sarah is an ass. She took the easy way and didn't get to cook for her mentor. Wonder what he thought about that? Maybe that his student was a bit insecure and wasn't sure her cooking would keep her in the competition. And the way she acted when she told Padma she was taking immunity was so smarmy. I hope she embarrasses herself at the end.

I really don't get Paul being so ahead of the others. I didn't understand any of his dishes that he won for particularly the one he did for Charlize. His stuff seems so simple and not that interesting.

by Anonymousreply 43102/09/2012

R324, Bev didn't earn her way back. She got Nyseha's ingredients in a producer driven swap that gave Bev's crappier ingredients to Nyseha.

Bev has been edited to be this poor littke "woe is me" victim and everyone else is mean.

Pretty much everyone has had problems with Bev all season. Even the male chefs have said things. I have a feeling she's a mess to have to work with. She's not equipped to handle team challenges, everyone she was teamed with all season ended up hating her afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 43202/09/2012

r432, Ed specifically said the men weren't even concerned with Beverly, it was certain women, those 3.

Beverly, earned her way back with what the challenge gave her. I like Nyesha but who's to say that Beverly wouldn't have cooked something great with her ingredients. Nyesha wasn't digging the Asian ingredients but I'm sure Bev could have cooked her ass off with them.

It was tough for both of them being sent packing because I thought it was BS that Bev's dish got the boot over undercooked and salty food from her week (Charlize). They went with IDEA over taste and they claim never to do that.

R431, I agree with you regarding Paul's Charlize win. His dish seemed Meh, but hey I didn't taste it.

by Anonymousreply 43302/09/2012

Bev and Nyesha had to swap ingredients. Nyesha intially picked ingredients that she was comfortable with and Bev picked ingredients that was good for her to cook with. They were both at a disadvantage when Tom told them to swap. So how is that only unfair to Nyesha? If a chef is worth their salt, they can take anything and turn it into something delicious. We have seen challenges in the past that included things like pig's ears and chicken feet. And it's not like Bev chose rotten vegetables and garbage. She had high quality, fresh fish and produce to work with. If Nyesha couldn't make something outstanding with ingredients like that, then she deserved to lose.

by Anonymousreply 43402/09/2012

[quote] And it's not like Bev chose rotten vegetables and garbage. She had high quality, fresh fish and produce to work with.

And it's not like Bev would know the difference between high quality produce, and garbage.

Bev is a loser. She only made it this far because the Bev storyline was the only "excitement" in a thoroughly dull and useless season.

But you go on and keep defending her. We all know your true motivation.

by Anonymousreply 43502/09/2012

R425 bingo.

The Bev drama is the only thing that's propelled this season. I have a feeling a lot of creative editing is going on. It's the only storyline the producers went with.

by Anonymousreply 43602/09/2012

R435 = Fat Sarah

by Anonymousreply 43702/10/2012

I don't get how people like Bev. She's meek, clumsy, and when she asked Grayson "So what got you eliminated?" during their LCK, that was a pure bitch move. She also seems like she would be annoying to be around for more than 5 minutes.

I'll miss Ed. He was the only one left with a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 43802/10/2012

Do Tom and Hugh suck each other off during breaks?

by Anonymousreply 43902/10/2012

[quote]I don't get how people like Bev. She's meek, clumsy...,

That's exactly what I like about Bev. She's an odd, scrappy, little duck who apparently cooks very well. But her personality doesn't lend itself to reality tv very well.

[quote]...and when she asked Grayson "So what got you eliminated?"during their LCK, that was a pure bitch move.

I don't think she was being bitchy. I think she's really, really focused on winning and genuinely wanted to know what it was that Grayson had done because she was surprised by the elimination. Grayson has been one of the few people that have been kind to Bev.

I'll be really surprised if Bev doesn't give Paul a run for his money in the finale.

Linday is going "choke". She'll be a ball of nerves.

Sara is going to get too emotional and fall apart.

by Anonymousreply 44002/10/2012

Not a compelling season at all. No compelling personalities. I bet ratings have fallen off. The Last Chance Kitchen idea is awful; all the gimmicks of the game are annoying. And the chefs are just dull.

Can we send them all home? I'm not sure any of them are Top Chef.

by Anonymousreply 44202/10/2012

R441 is the reason reality competitions are now all dead relatives and hard luck stories.

by Anonymousreply 44302/10/2012

I'm expecting Top Chef: Hoarders next.

by Anonymousreply 44402/10/2012

RE Bev "But you go on and keep defending her. We all know your true motivation."

What would that be?

by Anonymousreply 44502/10/2012

The Bev story got my interest in the outcome going. The last episode was good.

Maybe this season is more manipulative than most? I feel like Bev and Fat Sarah are being friendly enough to each other. But in a shot where they all hug or all fist bump or something it's always gonna cut away from those two interacting. I don't know, maybe this is just making TV. It needs some sort of plot.

by Anonymousreply 44602/10/2012

I figured Bev would be back and in the final but I think she is there for the drama rather than the food she produces, as people have said already.

However, Ed deserved to go with that smoked oyster from a can mess. Fat Sara just gets worse. She showed she does not have the confidence or the balls to actually cook and compete and I fervently hope she does not win.

Paul - so cute when his mentor appeared! I want him to win as much for his skills as his personality.

by Anonymousreply 44702/10/2012

Padma was incredibly sexy on WWHL in a wife beater and a pair of skinny jeans.

by Anonymousreply 44802/10/2012

[r441] This is not Sally Jesse Raphael ~ it's about cooking and competing. I so hated Bev's return.

by Anonymousreply 44902/10/2012

"Would I be right in thinking that these chefs are more "green" than the chefs in other seasons? Just asking because from some of the things Tom said it gave me the impression these chefs are just starting out."

You would be very right. Tom has been downright pissed off at numerous judges tables. At least two if not three times he said EVERYONE in the bottom three or losing team deserved to go home.

At another JT he said he thought they'd made the wrong choices in the chefs they selected for this year's comp because everyone's dishes were so terrible.

Tom's made it VERY clear he's not happy with this season's chefs. They are all far below par from the usual selection.

But I think the stupid "30 chefs audition for 16 spots" cookoff opener twist had a lot to do with it. Instead of carefully choosing the cast of 16 they threw out a much broader net and sent home chefs who may have done well based on one quickfire dish. Bad gimmick, and it resulted in a crappy season of chefs as a result.

by Anonymousreply 45002/10/2012

I liked the 30 to 16 episode, though I understand where R450 is coming from. I just really enjoyed the asshole who got sent home because he didn't know how to properly butcher meat. That one scene was pretty fucking funny.

by Anonymousreply 45102/10/2012

r451 that smug "bro" that was sent home for his lack of skillz was brilliant. He had such self-entitlement he literally thought Tom was kidding. Loved that.

by Anonymousreply 45202/10/2012

Paul for the win. He seems like such a sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 45302/10/2012

During the Restaurant Wars episode when the guys' team lost, Tom told all of them at judges table that every one of them deserved to go home.

But the best was when he sent Whitney packing for the bad potatoes au gratin. That was the meanest I've ever seen him. He was truly disgusted with her skill level.

Ironic too since her mentor was Hugh Acheson, who was sitting at judges table next to him.

by Anonymousreply 45402/10/2012

[quote]Paul's mentor was wearing a wedding ring, but he pinged off the charts.

Typical DLer delusion. I know Paul's mentor, Tyson Cole, who owns Uchiko (where Paul works) and Uchi, its sister restaurant. Very nice guy and very straight, with two adorable kindergarten-age daughters.

Btw I know most of you bitches think Paul's a shoo-in for the win since he's won so many challenges, but from the editing over the course of this season it seems like they're setting Beverly up to win. Everyone loves a Rocky-style comeback story.

by Anonymousreply 45502/10/2012

R451, it was a fun gimmick but I think it cost them a number of quality contestants as a result.

There were a couple of chefs who I remember Tom saying "I know who you are and who you cook for and I know what great work you can do" but unfortunately based on the one ridiculous quickfire stunt challenge, their dish was off so they didn't make the final 16.

And I think Tom's bitter about that which is why he's so hard on the contestants this season. He knows some lesser chefs made it in for a better initial quickfire dish while far better chefs ended up not making the cut.

by Anonymousreply 45602/10/2012

Not me kirker. I can't stand Bev and was so happy she was gone. She's totally inconsistent and really can't cook confidently outside the Asian spectrum.

Paul on the other hand has won so many challenges. I don't know if he's Top Chef bragging rights worthy, but he's definitely a much more consistent and talented chef than Bev.

So help me God I will never watch this show again if this season was nothing but a Richard Blais situation again. Richard wins every challenge, is presumed to be the Top Chef winner and chokes in the finals and someone else wins.

If they have Paul choke and Bev win that'll be the end of Top Chef for me cause the producers already did that stunt.

by Anonymousreply 45702/10/2012

[quote]She's totally inconsistent and really can't cook confidently outside the Asian spectrum. Paul on the other hand has won so many challenges.

Trust me, I'm no fan of Bev's, but it's funny you mention her Asian cooking; if you'll recall, Tom expressed considerable surprise this week at the soup Paul produced, because he's spent all season cooking Asian fusion dishes.

In any event, as someone mentioned it's not at all unusual for a reality contestant or team to win numerous challenges but fail in the final three or four; look at "Romber" on "The Amazing Race," for instance (and, like with this thread, there was at least one paranoiac absolutely convinced that the producers were rigging the show in order for them to win).

by Anonymousreply 45802/10/2012

I hope Bev doesn't win it all just for that stupid "Beverly Kim, you are Top Chef, you win $125,000 " motivational piece of paper she made that she tapes to every mirror of every bedroom they've stayed in.

Even though that should have been clue #1 from producers that she WILL be the next Top Chef. Even though she's totally undeserving of the title.

by Anonymousreply 45902/10/2012

Bev re-entered the competition based on her skill, not for drama. Did you even watch the final LCK? Grayson made a bacon wrapped scallop. Seriously. They were allowed to make ANYTHING that represented themselves as a chef with no constraints and she made something that you can get at any restaurant. No ingenuity. Bev earned her spot.

As for Sarah (is that the fat girl's name?), she does act like a bitch sometimes, but she's clearly a great chef. Although she doesn't have that many wins under her belt, she's been fairly consistent all season. Most of the stuff she's made looked great and it seems like she deserved her spot in the finals too. And come on....other than her over-the-top bitchiness towards Bev, she hasn't been that bad. I don't recall her being mean to anyone else, although that may just be my bad memory.

And no one was as bad as fat Heather. That girl was 300 pounds of pure bitch.

With that said, I still want Paul to win. He's definitely been the most consistent and most humble chef there. But I don't think he's going to win. A few weeks ago I saw a commercial for the show that only featured him. The announcer said something along the lines of "Paul has won a shitload of challenges. Watch to see if he'll become the next Top Chef!" Once I saw that, I knew he was toast.

I would bet on Sarah for the win.

by Anonymousreply 46002/10/2012

Yeah, I really don't have a problem with Sarah either. It was Heather that was such a fucking cow-bitch.

by Anonymousreply 46102/10/2012

Sarah let her team down during the challenge when she had "heat stroke" they were pretty pissed at her then.

I hate bullies and she has blatantly been a total fat bitch to Bev. Granted the fatter and bitchier Heather was worse but Sarah has done herself no favours by her behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 46202/10/2012

I agree R461. Sarah's a strong personality and Bev does tons of stuff to piss people off. She really only goes after Bev when Bev does or says stupid things. I'd hate to have Bev in the kitchen on any team challenge. I think her personality and social skills in the kitchen have rubbed a lot of the others the wrong way.

Heather was the one who outright just plain hated Bev.

by Anonymousreply 46302/10/2012

Anybody who says it is not about the chefs' back stories is lying. Top Chef is about skill, but the stories are what draw people in. I just it funny that DL is siding with the two fat mean girls about Bev. Bottom line, Bev can cook and the fact that she annoys the piss out of the girls makes it even more fun.

by Anonymousreply 46402/10/2012

Bev cries at the drop of a fucking hat, she's bad at time management and she becomes incredibly submissive when the pressure is on. That guarantees she'll get bitched at when her co-workers are in the weeds. I don't have a problem with Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 46502/10/2012

I got so choked up seeing Paul bawling when his mentor arrived. Sweet guy. And talented. Too bad that he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 46602/10/2012

I hate Paul and I hate Bev. If either of them wins, it's a fucking travesty. Bev is a bungling fool who makes the same dishes over and over again. Paul is over-rated.

Having one of them win would be like Anya winning Project Runway. A total joke.

Lindsay needs to win this shit heap of a season, for it not to be a total fucking FARCE!

by Anonymousreply 46702/10/2012

Paul is really cute, so I hope he wins.

by Anonymousreply 46802/10/2012

R467, just about every point you made is wrong. How can you call Paul overrated if you never tasted his food? Obviously he's not if he keeps winning.

Bev clearly hasn't made the same dishes "over and over again." If you're one of those people that are complaining that she only makes Asian food then you can go scratch. So many different techniques & flavor profiles are used in Asian cooking that you can't knock her for "only" making Asian food.

Lindsay has been the least consistent one there. Throughout the season, the judges clearly liked Paul & Sarah's food better, so I don't see how it would be a farce if either of them won.

You sound quite strange.

by Anonymousreply 46902/10/2012

As someone already posted, because this season is so ridiculous and survivor-like, it's hard to get a true sense of the talent level of the top 4.

Did anyone see the previews for the next episode? It looks like the STUPID antics continue.

by Anonymousreply 47002/10/2012

I missed the preview, R470. What happens?

by Anonymousreply 47102/10/2012

I don't understand how anyone could like Lindsay.

by Anonymousreply 47202/10/2012

r467 hates Asians.

Nice of kirker to drop into the thread for a bit of name-dropping.

by Anonymousreply 47302/10/2012

I can believe Bev made it past the BBQ cookout episode.

A refresher

First she sprayed Padma and the quickfire judge with curry foam during the quickfire deconstruction challenge. Then during the cookout she goes into the RV with the alcohol and starts a fire so bad the fire alarm goes off. Then she only makes cole slaw and beans while Chris and Chris had to do the ENTIRE meat/BBQ portion themselves.

And Tom told her her cole slaw was boring and basic (she basically made straight up KFC style) and her beans were terrible.

That she survived that episode made me realize short of actually poisoning the judges she was going to make it to the finals.

Cause no way can not knowing how to use a basic chef's utensil and spraying food on the judges, nearly burning down a motorhome and then screwing up something as rudimentary as slaw and beans during one episode keep you in the competition

And no, I don't hate Bev cause she's Asian. I hate her cause she's (at least what we've been shos) a useless spazz who is skating on the producers edit that she's the underdog. Something tells me working alongside her in a kitchen would be a nightmare. Almost everyone who worked alongside her in any challenge never wanted to work with her again.

by Anonymousreply 47402/10/2012

Very well said, R474! That sums Bev up, perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 47502/10/2012

[quote] Richard wins every challenge, is presumed to be the Top Chef winner and chokes in the finals and someone else wins.

Except that Richard didn't win every challenge. Stephanie won just as many challenges as he did and was in the top three more often. Yes, he choked at the end. But it's not like when Hosea ended up winning.

by Anonymousreply 47602/11/2012

I suspect R261 is trolling, but racist trolling is as bad as a sincere KKK member being on a GLBT site.

R361, fuck off (wish the moderator still banned meds-needing psychotic bigots), and take the straight morons with you.

by Anonymousreply 47702/11/2012

I think one of the reasons the other chef's don't respect Bev is because in the real world a chef is not just the person designing the menu and cooking the food. A Chef must also be a strong leader both for the kitchen staff and the serving staff. Bev has shown no leadership skills at all. In fact, she works alone and, as stated upthread, while working alone she is a useless spaz.

by Anonymousreply 47802/12/2012

R478, Rosie Perez appeared on WWHL after the episode where Ty-Lor got the boot and even though Rosie said she was a Bev fan, made it VERY clear that Bev would never survive a minute in any NYC kitchen. She's too meek and plays the victim too much.

And Rosie's sister is an NYC chef and Rosie is a HUGE Top Chef fan and even she couldn't find reasons to defend Bev's behavior.

by Anonymousreply 47902/13/2012

R464 = Top Chef producers.

They got you hook line and sinker.

by Anonymousreply 48002/13/2012

I think they're going to Alaska and ice fishing for their meal or some shit like that.

I'll assume that's the 'stupid antics' referenced in the earlier comment.

It looked very hokey to me. I didn't know Texas had icy fjords!

by Anonymousreply 48102/14/2012

Sigh. Looks to me like Vancouver and Whistler. Close, R481.

by Anonymousreply 48202/14/2012

I guess that's a reason to coward your way into taking a top four slot.. the trip.

by Anonymousreply 48302/14/2012

Seriously, how much longer til this shit is over with?

I'm sick of hearing about it. Has it ran longer than the usual seasons?

by Anonymousreply 48402/14/2012

R484 it isn't that it has ran it's course (see the Voltaggio Vegas season) but this group is so sub-par talent wise from other seasons that it seems so lame.

by Anonymousreply 48502/14/2012

Is there any doubt that Paul will win? There's no way the two bitchy cunts win. Bev is too inexperienced to win. Ed was the only that could have beat Paul but the producers made sure to eliminate him to clear a path for the Paul win.

by Anonymousreply 48602/15/2012

I can't believe they sent Ed home. Lindsay used dried herbs, DRIED HERBS, PEOPLE! You just don't do that at this stage in the competition. And she put cream in her dish. Who does that? Ed's dish was good if you only removed the sauce. Lindsay's dish was a mess all the way through with no way of saving it. And the worst part is that she knew what was wrong and didn't fix it. The only reason they didn't send Lindsay home is because the producers didn't want a backlash of an all-Asian final. Now at least they can say it's 2 Asians against 2 whites. Ed was a victim of Bravo's racial profiling.

by Anonymousreply 48702/15/2012

"A Chef must also be a strong leader both for the kitchen staff and the serving staff. Bev has shown no leadership skills at all. In fact, she works alone and, as stated upthread, while working alone she is a useless spaz."

by Anonymousreply 48802/15/2012

Michelle Berstein named her restaurant Michy?!? I just find that so gross and inappropriate. And it was unprofessional to call Lindsay an extension of her limbs. How are the other chefs in her restaurant supposed to feel since they aren't an extension of her limbs.

by Anonymousreply 48902/15/2012

[quote] Michelle Berstein named her restaurant Michy?!?

That's right. And guess what else? Michy likes sausage. Michy doesn't like clams, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 49002/15/2012

Sarah and Lindsay have the benefit of their Top Chef benefactors. Michelle Bernstein has been a prominent judge and Tony Mantuano was in Top Chef Masters. Those chefs proteges competing makes for good Top Chef history.

And Bev needs to go. She can't stand up for herself in any situation. That's not what chefs need. They need to be bossy and tell people what to do. Nature of the job. I have a feeling her fry cook could probably make her have a mental breakdown.

Paul for the win...even though that was telegraphed from the very beginning. Sad to see Ed go, he had an actual personality.

by Anonymousreply 49102/15/2012

howl, almost didn't recognize the show and/or its contestants. All that snow... bet they scrapped the Texas finale, said "Let's get the fuck out of here" (that 105 degree summer we all hated) and quickly made it "Top Chef: Vancouver".

This whole season has been sooooo random and disconnected. Like they were making it all up as it went along.

by Anonymousreply 49202/15/2012

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!! She's finally gone. It's about fucking time. Beverly is a fucking psycho.

If any of you had any doubt as to her insane passive aggressiveness, watch this episode. She totally tripped Sarah on the ski course, and then she PURPOSELY set up her blender in the middle of Sarah's work station, in the middle of the challenge. Sarah was much more polite than I would have been.

What's even weirder is how she smiles the whole time she's screwing you over. I mean, who does that? What a freak.

[quote] This whole season has been sooooo random and disconnected. Like they were making it all up as it went along.

It sure seems that way. The Olympic-style physical challenges just seemed to be an extension of an awful and awkward season.

Cooking on a gondola? Digging your ingredients out of ice blocks? Completing a cross-country ski relay and then shooting a target for your ingredients??

What the fuck does any of it have to do with cooking??!!! Did the producers actually think it was fun to see Paul getting nauseated in the gondola, or Bev smashing the crap out of those ice blocks, or Sarah falling on her ass with a pair of skis on?

If there was any doubt as to whether or not this was the absolute worst season of Top Chef, this episode sealed the deal. It was completely ludicrous. The only thing that made it worth watching, was seeing Beverly get eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 49302/16/2012

Hi fat Heather. ^^^

by Anonymousreply 49402/16/2012

Hi passive aggressive psycho basketcase Bev. ^^^

by Anonymousreply 49502/16/2012

And thr challenge with getting foods out of blocks of ice, ugh! They're chefs and their hands to cook. What if they got injured doing that challenge? Ice pick slips and punctures a main artery. The producers need a kick in the ass for this horrible season.

by Anonymousreply 49602/16/2012

I like Bev but wouldn't have given her an ice pick. It looked like she almost hurt Paul there.

R493 is the real psycho. It delighted me a litttle bit to see Fat Sarah flail on skis. She's a poor shot too. And suddenly German! The competition must be steep. Wait, why are they skiing and firing guns?

Grainsay should be barred from further use of farro or quinoa or Israeli couscous. On to you, girl.

by Anonymousreply 49702/16/2012

Who's idea was it to mash-up Survivor and Top Chef?

by Anonymousreply 49902/16/2012

How long was it between Texas and Vancouver? Cause Bev's hair grew about 4 inches.

by Anonymousreply 50002/16/2012

Even Tom called out Bev on her "comfort zone" of Asian cuisine.

by Anonymousreply 50102/16/2012

The top three chefs are in the finals. Paul has kicked ass all season, Sarah is classicly trained and Tony Mantuano's mentee. And Lindsay is Michelle Bernstein's protogee. This is the best final three they could have asked for in this horrible season.

by Anonymousreply 50202/16/2012

R492, they didn't "scrap" a Texas finale. They always have the finale at a different location than where the actual season took place. The Miami season had their finale in Aspen, the DC season had their finale in Singapore, the LA season had their finale in Hawaii, and so on.

Personally, I really liked this season. I think the location did drag it down a bit because there was too much BBQ, but the cast was really good. There were some chefs to root for and a lot not to root for, but you need to have your villains on a show like this too.

That said, the challenges last night were ridiculous. They really went too far with what they think is entertainment when they should have just focused on the cooking. Isn't that why we watch in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 50302/16/2012

I truly hope Bravo and Magical Elves have gotten the message loud & clear that this season has been awful.

Michelle Bernstein has always grossed me out so it's not surprising to me that her protege Lindsay is a duck-lipped cunt.

Paul winning is the only possible salvation for this season.

by Anonymousreply 50402/16/2012

[quote] Paul winning is the only possible salvation for this season.

Paul has a really round head. It's quite distracting.

by Anonymousreply 50502/16/2012

Sarah has an even rounder head.

by Anonymousreply 50602/16/2012

I don't get the hatred of Bev. I think she's a tough little bird. And obviously a pretty great chef or the other contestants wouldn't have been so frightened of her this week.

She's a victim of group think brought on by the attitudes of the mean girls, led by ugly Heather (and I'm talking about her personality).

Sara's big little girl. She acts like a 16 year old.

It was interesting to see the faces of the judges both when they told Beverly to go home and when they reminded Sara that she'd won.

by Anonymousreply 50702/16/2012

Did Paul get hair plugs? He looks better when he's balding.

by Anonymousreply 50802/16/2012

Nothing says fine cuisine quite like Texas and Vancouver. They were the logical locations to hold a cooking competition, and so perfectly paired up together.

by Anonymousreply 50902/16/2012

im still pissed bev set up her blending station right in the middle of sarah's workspace! that was def a not-so-subtle sabotage.

by Anonymousreply 51002/16/2012

What are you pissed about R510? It's not like Bev won.

by Anonymousreply 51102/16/2012

I think what is so angering about Bev's blending station routine is that Bev uses her "tee hee oh my" meek attitude as an excuse to just grab whatever she needs and wants no matter if it's right or not. Bev pretends to be meek but in fact is quite selfish. Funny how that happens.

by Anonymousreply 51202/16/2012

R512, instead of all your conspiracy theories, did it ever occur to you that she's just kind of an airhead? Look how she she almost set fire to that trailer a few episodes back. I truly think she gets brain farts and spazzes out. I don't think her meekness is an act. She seems like a genuinely humble, somewhat insecure woman who loses her mind every once in awhile. It happens to the best of us.

by Anonymousreply 51302/16/2012

I don't think Bev's an airhead or passive aggressive. She put the blender in Fat Sarah's space because she has some sort of interpersonal issue. my guess is she's a little Aspergers.

by Anonymousreply 51402/16/2012

My guess is that the Asians on this thread are very defensive whenever anyone says a bad word about Bev. Overly sensitive, much?

by Anonymousreply 51502/16/2012

Overly racist much?

by Anonymousreply 51602/16/2012

Sarah was a bitch in the car.

by Anonymousreply 51702/17/2012

I like Paul's longer hair.

by Anonymousreply 51802/17/2012

R516 how is bashing that spazz Bev racist? She's horribly annoying. If Bev were any other race I'd still bash her cause she's grating as hell.

FWIW I loved Ed. He was a good chef and great with the snark. Since I love Ed and hate Bev, am I a half racist by your thinking?

by Anonymousreply 51902/17/2012

R517 I actually laughed when Sarah just blurted out "hey look at that tree!" in the middle of Bev's LCK recollection. Was so obviously bitchy I had to smile.

by Anonymousreply 52002/17/2012

These poor contestants. First they have to suffer through the season in 110 degree Texas heat and now their finals are in freezing cold BC.

by Anonymousreply 52102/17/2012

[italic]Since I love Ed and hate Bev, am I a half racist by your thinking?[/italic]

No but you're 100% dumb being that you're convinced I'm Asian just because I defended Bev.

by Anonymousreply 52202/17/2012

I hope Paul wins. Sara is a jerk and that other blonde just seems mean. I kind of agree with R512 about Bev's behavior, but I'd still rather see her in the finale than Sara. I liked Ed too, he was a cool dude.

by Anonymousreply 52302/17/2012

WTF was with these idiotic "challenges?" Skiing and shooting? Cooking on a gondola? Hacking your ingredients out of ice? This season's challenges have been ridiculous but this episode goes down as one of the worst ever.

by Anonymousreply 52402/17/2012

That Canadian gold medalist skeleton guy was hot!

by Anonymousreply 52502/17/2012

Michelle Bernstein was confused or a victim of bad editing. She meant when Lindsey is fisting her vagina, it feels like she's an extension of her.

by Anonymousreply 52702/17/2012

I hope fat Sarah and nasty Lindey both go down in flames. This is Pauls to win.

by Anonymousreply 52802/17/2012

This is so Paul's. He's won 5 challenges. Lindsay is a bitch. I'll be annoyed if she wins.

by Anonymousreply 53002/17/2012

So how much has Paul won? $60,000 plus the car?

by Anonymousreply 53102/17/2012

When did Top Chef turn into The Amazing Race?

by Anonymousreply 53202/18/2012

Thank you! I was going to say the same thing [R532]. Why aren't they focusing on food??

by Anonymousreply 53302/18/2012

509: Vancouver has a thriving restaurant scene. It's pretty boring otherwise, but there is a wealth of good, high quality food, and lots of foodies.

521: Vancouver is not usually that cold. there are lots of places in the US (Minnesota, etc) that are colder during the winter.

by Anonymousreply 53402/18/2012

and they shot this in January

by Anonymousreply 53502/18/2012

No way do Sarah or Lindsey win with the edit they've received.

by Anonymousreply 53802/18/2012

What was up with Lindsay's massive earrings? It's like she watched the show and decided she had to femme it up for the finale. "The straight girls wear these big dangly earrings, right? They'll never suspect me now!"

by Anonymousreply 53902/18/2012

r537 sounds insane.

by Anonymousreply 54002/18/2012

So did Paul win?

by Anonymousreply 54102/23/2012

And, fat Sara. The most boring episode ever!

by Anonymousreply 54202/23/2012

So, Sarah and Lindsey are both lezzies?

by Anonymousreply 54302/23/2012

Fucking fat Sarah moving on...damn

by Anonymousreply 54402/23/2012

Sara's immaturity is remarkable. She's 30?

The edit was really weird too. Telling Sara that she's staying and then announcing that Paul had won after fact was very odd.

by Anonymousreply 54502/23/2012

I liked seeing the chefs with the Masters but it didn't seem to be such an exciting challenge.

Cocktail party? ZZZZZZZZZ Why the fuck did fat sarah get through after putting a lump of frozen crap on top of pasta? The gin cocktail that did not remotely go with the dish? Paul and Lindsay were rather underwhelming here too.

Please don't let them be setting up fat Sarah for the win - she's insufferable and has been a bully all season.

by Anonymousreply 54602/23/2012

There's something I find funny about the poster who keeps referring to Sara as fat Sara. Almost as if he thinks she's going to read this, get her feelings hurt and cry.

by Anonymousreply 54702/23/2012

well she is fat damnit

by Anonymousreply 54802/23/2012

[quote]There's something I find funny about the poster who keeps referring to Sara as fat Sara. Almost as if he thinks she's going to read this, get her feelings hurt and cry.

You can pretty much count on her to cry regardless of what happens. She cries if the judges remember her name.

by Anonymousreply 54902/23/2012

Let's face it - nobody wants to see Paul win. The guy already has 60 grand, and it's not as if he needs another 125,000 on top of that.

Not to mention, what kind of hardon does Tom Coldicchio have for Paul? I think it's amusing that when Tom isn't judging, Paul never wins. Ever notice that? And then Coldicchio comes in after the quickfire and asks Paul, "so what happened, why did the girls beat you?" Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK?

Even Paul had to cool down Colicchio's boner for him, by saying "those girls are badass." Obviously, this season is a set-up for Paul.

And even worse, Top Chef thinks that everyone's heart will melt, and then cheer when the judges announce... "and in the finale will be two Texas chefs!" Please fuck me now!

This season has been a disaster, and it has ruined all credibility of the show, from the producers on down to the judges. Top chef used to be a show with some semblance of integrity, and now it's on par with Jersey Shore.

At this point, does anyone care who wins?

by Anonymousreply 55002/23/2012

I want Paul to win. Fat Sarah has 30,000 which means she doesn't need it either. Looks like fat Heather's back next week being her usual charming self.

by Anonymousreply 55102/23/2012

Fat Sarah cannot win. Lindsay's dish was confusing, but Sarah's didn't work right. You couldn't eat the components together. Major upset if she wins.

by Anonymousreply 55202/23/2012

"There's something I find funny about the poster who keeps referring to Sara as fat Sara."

One poster? Try all posters!

by Anonymousreply 55302/23/2012

[quote] There's something I find funny about the poster who keeps referring to Sara as fat Sara.

It's probably some asian person who's pissed that Sarah didn't like Bev. I guess the only way to get back at Sarah, is to call her "fat Sarah." How stupid and childish, not to mention transparent.

by Anonymousreply 55402/23/2012

Women don't win Top Chef -- ok, correction: one woman has won in 9 seasons.

Paul will win. Colicchio doesn't like women in the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 55502/23/2012

You probably get called a genius a lot huh, R554? Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 55602/23/2012

Lindsay should have won this season. She was definitely the best chef, and the most qualified.

by Anonymousreply 55702/23/2012

R556 = fat Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 55802/24/2012

R557 they edited her to make her seem like she's choke and thus not make the finale.

And WTF with the finale? It's always been the remaining THREE chefs.

by Anonymousreply 55902/24/2012

Bravo seems determined to destroy the Top Chef franchise. This season was so out of left field with the ridiculous challenges. And the second season of Top Chef: Just Desserts was horrible, too.

by Anonymousreply 56002/24/2012

Hey Five hundred and thirty seven! Take a fucking pill you tool.

by Anonymousreply 56102/24/2012

[quote]t's probably some asian person who's pissed that Sarah didn't like Bev.

Oh, obviously, r554. Certainly no other DL denizen would ever be obsessive and childish about somebody's fatness.

by Anonymousreply 56202/24/2012

People who don't know how to reference previous posts must think that you have to add the brackets and everything and don't realize all you have to do is type the lower case letter r before the post number you are referencing.

by Anonymousreply 56302/24/2012

project runway has been turned into a diseased, reanimated corpse twice-over, hope they can steady TC before that happens.

by Anonymousreply 56402/24/2012

R563/4 is the same person.

by Anonymousreply 56502/24/2012

Sarah has a glandular problem.

by Anonymousreply 56602/24/2012

Huh, r565?

by Anonymousreply 56702/24/2012

Fat Sarah is such a phoney. I wish she'd STFU.

by Anonymousreply 56802/24/2012

by Anonymousreply 56902/24/2012

by Anonymousreply 57002/24/2012

r568=Fat Heather

by Anonymousreply 57102/24/2012

by Anonymousreply 57202/24/2012

We are running out of space thanks to lots of recent posts arguing fat Sarah shouldn't be called fat/is only being called fat by bitter Asian posters (hahahaha)/and "test" could some kind person please start Top Chef Texas Finale thread?

by Anonymousreply 57302/24/2012

sorry (and I can start the other thread) but how does one get the other post in the gray box?

I'm confused about the brackets, double brackets and whether I need to use an r before the post number.

by Anonymousreply 57402/24/2012

I don't care how much money Paul's already won, I hope he beats the crap out of Sara, I don't know how she was able to make it this far, she's nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 57502/24/2012

R574: there's a "Help" at the top right corner of your thread watcher. This will explain all of your questions.

If you reply to someone you always post R and the number (like I did).

If you want to remember a thread you click on the grey little star next to the title and when it turns orange it comes up in your thread watcher.

I really hope you arrived at DL yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 57602/24/2012

{quote r576}

been here 4 years

by Anonymousreply 57702/24/2012

[quote]sorry (and I can start the other thread) but how does one get the other post in the gray box?I'm confused about the brackets, double brackets and whether I need to use an r before the post number.

r574 If you want to quote a previous post type quote in square bracketspaste the quoted text beside that with no spaces and then hit enter so you start your words on another line.

by Anonymousreply 57802/24/2012

{quote}If you want to quote a previous post type quote in square bracketspaste the quoted text beside that with no spaces and then hit enter so you start your words on another line.

i have a sinking feeling.....

by Anonymousreply 57902/24/2012

OMG you can't be that daft.

You are doing the right thing but with the wrong brackets. Not {} but []

by Anonymousreply 58002/24/2012

Use the square brackets [ ] and write the word quote in between them

Put that rightat the start of the line you wish to quote. Paste quoted text. Press enter.

Not sure how I can explain it any better

by Anonymousreply 58102/24/2012

also, make sure the word "quote" is in lower-case letters.

by Anonymousreply 58202/24/2012

[quote]also, make sure the word "quote" is in lower-case letters.

i'm really trying

by Anonymousreply 58302/24/2012

If you say "Fat Sarah, Fat Sarah, Fat Sarah" three times into a mirror, she shows up and eats you.

by Anonymousreply 58402/24/2012

r583 you got it!

by Anonymousreply 58502/24/2012

Some asian troll has derailed what's left of this thread. We could have ended this pig of a season at 600 posts, but now someone has to start a new thread because some moron doesn't know how to post a quotation in a box.

Thanks, fucktard!

by Anonymousreply 58602/24/2012

[quote]So, Sarah and Lindsey are both lezzies?

No, just Lindsay. Fat Sarah has actually convinced some poor guy to marry her. Maybe he's blind. Or closeted.

by Anonymousreply 58702/25/2012

While this wasn't my favorite season of Top Chef, seeing Lindsay get so close and not going to finale was enough for me to make it good season. Right now it doesn't matter who wins, Lindsay didn't.

by Anonymousreply 58802/25/2012

R493 sounds like a real cunt, but I agree with most of what he said.

by Anonymousreply 58902/25/2012

Could someone start a new thread for the finale? I would but I had some real problems re-registering my subscription Thanks

by Anonymousreply 59002/25/2012

Bumping my request for a new thread, thanks a lot!

by Anonymousreply 59102/28/2012

Futile bump?

by Anonymousreply 59202/29/2012

So did that asshole Paul take it all?

by Anonymousreply 59303/01/2012

Lindsay, Sarah and Paul seemed to all genuinely like each other. Good final three.

But this whole "two Texans" finale with Sarah and Paul is going to be awful.

by Anonymousreply 59403/01/2012

Does the runner up win anything?

by Anonymousreply 59503/01/2012

I'm so glad that Paul won. He was never underhanded, like some of his rivals. Plus he's cute!

by Anonymousreply 59603/02/2012

Malibu Chris is on some new Bravo show called Eat Drink Love.

I don't know the Bravo roster well enough to know if that's a new upcoming show or if it's been on for a while.

But it looks like he's dating a female on it.

by Anonymousreply 59708/18/2013

heather and Sarah are still obese.

by Anonymousreply 59808/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!