Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Many Loves of Burt Reynolds

Judy Carne, Dinah Shore, Sally Field, Loni Anderson... There's no common theme except they were all on TV.

The plastic surgery, the beards, the mysterious illness in the '80's which almost did him in... is he 'family'?

With adopted son Quinton.

by Anonymousreply 12408/07/2013

You forgot Tammy Wynette

by Anonymousreply 410/28/2011

I almost shot a load in my pants when I was an adolescent seeing the shower scene in Silent Movie at my local cinema.

by Anonymousreply 610/28/2011

He tore Dinah Shore's pussy up.

by Anonymousreply 710/28/2011

Moar. I know very little about him. So, he's gay??? Anything concrete other than anonymous posts?

by Anonymousreply 810/28/2011

[quote]he cracked and shattered one of the main joints of his jaw

From giving blowjobs.

by Anonymousreply 1010/28/2011

I remember how hot he was in those days AND he seemed to have a thing for old broads in his prime while he was with Dinah. The old actresses threw themselves at him. This would be like Ryan Gosling dating Michelle Pfeiffer except Dinah not as hot.

by Anonymousreply 1110/28/2011

An old friend of mine (long deceased) here in Atlanta was a fellow named Jim Whaley who was a PTV institution and movie reviewer/critic for many years. He was also VERY close friends with Reynolds. I asked him on one occasion about Burt and he refused to answer, but gave me one of his patented sly smiles which was his way of saying "oh yes he is" without saying a word.

by Anonymousreply 1210/28/2011

Freddie Mercury had the major hots or him, even modelled himself after him.

by Anonymousreply 1310/28/2011

What about the stories that he physically abused Lonnie Anderson? They came out amidst the time of their break up. He had gotten together with Pam Seals, a waitress I believe, and she was not at all attractive.

by Anonymousreply 1610/28/2011

No R15. The gay rumors predate DL by decades.

by Anonymousreply 1710/28/2011

Yeah, sure, whatever makes you feel good.

by Anonymousreply 1810/28/2011

If he wasn't gay, he sure was gay friendly. Among his best friends were Charles Nelson Reilly and Dom DeLuise.

by Anonymousreply 1910/28/2011

Why are you here R15? To call everyone a liar? To try to stop the gossip? Just to act like a Jackass?

When it comes to the latter, you're succeeding beyond all expectations.

by Anonymousreply 2010/28/2011

I remember having a friend who worked at his dinner theater in Florida. Apparently Reynolds had a bf installed there as a stage hand. He was an ex Vietnam vet, very rugged and hunky.

The bisexual actor character in the novel CELEBRITY is clearly based on Reynolds. Especially the part about him going for young, "straight" football players. And I still think that Sally Field referred to his sexuality when she said in a Playboy interview that she didn't want her then teenage son around him anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2210/28/2011

He was so hot back in his prime. I could stare at that bearskin rug all day. IFHH and ILHFMH.

by Anonymousreply 2310/28/2011

He fucked Liza when they were making LUCKY LADY-- of course, he is gay!!

by Anonymousreply 2510/28/2011

Which one of you is the slut?

by Anonymousreply 2610/28/2011

Jim J. Bulloch!

by Anonymousreply 2710/28/2011

In old, old gossip Rona Barrett (who I would trust over any of the gossip people of today) said he beat his then wife, Judy Carne, and once put her in the hospital.

I remember some rumors about him being "responsible" for a death on location for some western film - something about a fight over one of the stars (maybe Barbara Loden). Guy (IIRC a crew member) died after a fight with or beating by Reynolds. I remember those rumors clearly but I never see anything about it. Studio supposedly hushed it up. Allegedly.

He was really considered THE sexiest man alive at one time. That Cosmo centerfold was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 2910/28/2011

R29- The film was The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing and the actress in question was co-star Sarah Miles.

by Anonymousreply 3010/28/2011

It's always been obvious that he has anger issues. I did want him to win for Boogie Nights.

by Anonymousreply 3210/28/2011

Thanks, 30. That rings a bell.

by Anonymousreply 3310/28/2011

I remember rumors flying at the time of its filming that he hated Boogie Nights and yelled at his agent for getting him into it. Then he gets nominated for an Oscar--which of course he wanted passionately.

by Anonymousreply 3410/28/2011

[quote]The bisexual actor character in the novel CELEBRITY is clearly based on Reynolds. Especially the part about him going for young, "straight" football players.

It could have been based on Rock Hudson, who had well-documented affairs with college football players.

by Anonymousreply 3510/28/2011

A few years ago in a college journalism class we were given wire copy that we had to shape into a TV new story. My copy was abouta woman suing Burt Reynolds for palimony. She claimed that he had bean mean to her and had repeatedly stepped on her toes. I remember the teacher saying my piece should be mostly about the toe stepping since it was so odd and would grab TV viewers.

by Anonymousreply 3610/28/2011

r14 TMJ is some disease of the jaw

by Anonymousreply 3710/28/2011

He "discovered" Robert Urich.

by Anonymousreply 3810/28/2011

He had been dating Inger Stevens (The Farmer's Daughter) just prior to her suicide in 1970.

by Anonymousreply 4010/28/2011

Rumor was that he used to cruise The Sunset Strip in L.A. for trade back in the late 60's and early 70's. Dom DeLuise was reported to be one of his early lovers.

by Anonymousreply 4110/28/2011

I think it's highly doubtful that he and Dom were ever lovers. Gay pals most definitely, but lovers, no. Burt likes 'em studly and butch and Dom DeLuise was never either of those things.

But I bet ol' horndog Burt really wanted to get into Dom's son Peter's pantaloons after he trimmed down and got all muscled up.

by Anonymousreply 4210/28/2011

Burt acting gay on Sonny and Cher.

by Anonymousreply 4310/28/2011

R35 Rock Hudson was gay, not bisexual at all.

by Anonymousreply 4510/28/2011

Dinah Shore was also long rumored to be gay. Big surprise, I know.

Reynolds was VERY close friends with Clint Eastwood for many years.

Reynolds was long rumored to be gay, and was outed long before the word outed was even thought up.

Most of his female "lovers" were very close friends.

by Anonymousreply 4610/29/2011

I eat shit

by Anonymousreply 4710/29/2011

I've posted this before but it was quite a while ago, so I will repeat the post.

I had a friend that used to host gay dinner parties with a small circle of friends. He swore that back in the 60's Burt used dine with him and his friends. At the time, Burt was a struggling unknown actor. Burt would attend with his beau, Lance Rentzel. Lance went on to play football with the Dallas Cowboys and marry Joey Heatherton.

See link for Lance's pic

by Anonymousreply 4810/29/2011

And LANCE exposed himself to little girls and married Joey "fucking" Heatherton!

(please start another thread about Joey "fucking" Heatherton!)

by Anonymousreply 4910/29/2011

Burt kind of mad losing Oscar:

by Anonymousreply 5010/29/2011

Is there any fairly recently kiss and tell biography on him? It seems like all of them are around 25- 30 years old.

by Anonymousreply 5110/29/2011

He beats women up. He beat wives Judy Carne and Loni Anderson and possibly had something to do with Inger Stevens death(the coroner said Burt had hit her the night she died). Even though Stevens had bouts of depression and tried to kill herself in the late 50s, her family ,to this day, doesn't believe she killed herself. He abused Sally Field too. Burt seems so easy going and a nice guy on TV, but he is nothing like that in real life. He may be the ultimate closet case.

by Anonymousreply 5210/29/2011

Maybe he has vicious anger stems from having a lot of issues dealing with his homosexuality?

by Anonymousreply 5310/29/2011

Marilu Henner wrote about his explosive temper in her autobiography. He blew up with the actor who played his son on EVENING SHADE when Kathie Lee Gifford was guest starring. It got into a fistfight which the studio execs had to break up. Henner grabbed Gifford and ran to her dressing room admist the turmoil.

But she does have nice things to say about Burt.

by Anonymousreply 5410/29/2011

I thought Burt Reynolds has a huge cock.

All the guys I know/of with big cocks are very self-assured, and not abusive.

This makes me regret all those whack off sessions as a teen.

by Anonymousreply 5510/29/2011

R52 Inger Stevens died of an OD and her chin (I think?) hit the floor a bit as she collapsed to the floor while dying.

by Anonymousreply 5610/29/2011

The story I heard was that in filming the movie CITY HEAT there was a fight scene. One of the actors hit Burt much too hard and it shattered part of his jaw - where the jaw is hinged to the skull. This resulted in agony and a habit of taking powerful pain pills. He didn't eat much since it was difficult, so he had the "AIDS Look" of the early 80's.

As someone who had TMJ, I can testify that it is a horrible situatoin. It is not a disease, but usually caused by injury, such as being in a car accident. You can also seriously damage your jaw if you grind your teeth at night. I wear a mouthguard to safeguard my teeth and jaw.

by Anonymousreply 5710/29/2011

One of my favorite GOLDENG GIRLS episodes includes an appearance by Burt Reynolds - still looking very hot.

I don't know if this rumor has been mentioned, but a long time rumor was that he was bald, and wore a succession of toupees that fit the period.

by Anonymousreply 5810/29/2011

The toupee thing is beyond rumor, though, isn't it. I've always known he's worn a toupee. They're pretty bad ones.

by Anonymousreply 5910/29/2011

Yes I've seen old clips of him on Carson, lamenting the loss of his hair.

by Anonymousreply 6010/29/2011

R56-Inger Stevens had a bandaid on her chin when she was found, Burt was interviewed and admitted hitting her. She was found in the kitchen where it was apparent she was making a sandwich. How many people kill themselves in the middle of making a sandwich????? A lot of pills were still in her esophagus, like she tried not to swallow them. I'm not saying Burt killed her, but he definitely hit her and was abusive. He MAY have had something to do with her death. Her death was far from a routine suicide. A total waste, because that lady had talent and beauty. Burt Reynolds is an ego-maniac and has a lot of hate in him. His co-stars/crew members will verify.

by Anonymousreply 6110/29/2011

I'm sorry but I find it very hard to believe he is a bottom. I think this guy is a major top if he has bedroom issues because tops are more dominate so I would think this sex position would make him feel more like is a man in his mindset.

by Anonymousreply 6310/30/2011

Burt's hairy chest and legs always were a turn on for me. Playboy's Sex in Cinema pictorial o had a photo of Burt wearing nothing but a football jersey. I believe it was around the time of North Dallas 40. He is facing away from the camera and his ass was so hot.

by Anonymousreply 6410/30/2011

OK, I may be barking the wrong question up a wrong tree here, but don't any of you find him at least a bit repulsive after his history of violence? A good looking guy with a hairy chest (and no toupee) is a dime a dozen, so why does this twat hold your allure?

Personally, without any history, I find his Cosmo foldout repulsive. The guy was a chimpanzee moonlighting as an actor for christ's sake!

by Anonymousreply 6510/30/2011

[quote]I may be barking the wrong question up a wrong tree here,

True. The "allure" you're seeing is the allure for gossip, not for people wanting to rush to Burt's house to jump his bones. Do you think we like the fact that he beat women? Do you think we find a bald, nasty, old man attractive? He's fodder for gossip and you're not very smart if you can't comprehend, r65.

by Anonymousreply 6610/30/2011

His Cosmo spread was beautiful. That was a real man. No twinks for me.

And by real man I mean real man looking, that is. Anyone ever laid a hand on me and they'd be dead. D.E.A.D. Dead.

by Anonymousreply 6710/30/2011

[quote]Dom DeLuise was reported to be one of his early lovers.

I hope Dom was cuter back in those days.

His son Peter is a cutie. Or was during his 90210 days. Have not seen him of late.

by Anonymousreply 6810/30/2011

For r64:

by Anonymousreply 6910/30/2011

Some of Burt's shorter, salt and pepper toups have been pretty decent looking. He's from an era where bald simply didn't equal sexy the way it seems to for a lot of people now.

Allegedly, he filmed a variety of poses for Cosmo, including full-on, frontal nudity, but ultimately it was decided to go with the coy one. I'd love to see those outtake negatives surface, but they must have been burned/destroyed.

Mamie Van Doren slept with both Burt and Rock Hudson. She said Burt was "not much" but called Rock "a real man." Go figure.

Burt should have had "hate sex" with Robert Conrad, another frustrated, closeted homo, then they could have taken out their hatred on each other. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 7010/30/2011

Reynolds and Conrad--now THAT would be a hell of a sex tape.

by Anonymousreply 7110/30/2011

That's the one R69! Thanks. Have not seen that picture in years.

by Anonymousreply 7210/30/2011

[quote]I hope Dom was cuter back in those days. His son Peter is a cutie. Or was during his 90210 days. Have not seen him of late.

You must have missed R42's post. Peter is a daddy stud now!

by Anonymousreply 7310/30/2011

R70, I remember when she said that about Rock Hudson ,and people that knew him said she is full of crap and a liar. They said Rock Hudson was 100% gay.

by Anonymousreply 7410/30/2011

R74, Rock had a longstanding affair with Marilyn Maxwell, too. He did every so often end up in the sack with a blonde woman. the reasons why, neither of us will ever know!

by Anonymousreply 7510/31/2011

I remember long ago gossip, possibly posted here, that Reynolds was sexually attracted to the actor who played his son on Evening Shade. I think the actor was also gay, but he refused Reynold's advances and things strated getting very ugly on set. CBS was afraid of some kind of sexual harassment suit since it was very blatant.

by Anonymousreply 7610/31/2011

Note: Inger Stevens was MANIC-DEPRESSIVE (bi-polar), which goes waaaaaay beyond depression. I'm not saying Burt didn't beat her up, but she was crazy and would have killed herself eventually if unmedicated.

Reynolds, when a little chubby and without his hair, looked like Brando. Dummy Burt didn't like Brando or looking like Brando.

"Same friend was briefly married to actress Liz Torres. I asked if she knew he was gay, and he said 'Oh, of course. Long story' -- but didn't elaborate. He was very fond of her."

That's probably because she's gay too.

by Anonymousreply 7710/31/2011

The cyber world is all confused about Liz Torres and her marriage(s.) (I know... so is she?)

imdb.com has her married, with no dates, to a producer, Peter Locke. Wiki has her also married to Locke, with no dates, but spells out that he's a producer (the same on on imdb.com.) However, when you go to Peter Locke on Wiki, his wife's listed as Karen!

R62's friend isn't listed at all and is surely not Peter Locke, Torres' only documented husband...

by Anonymousreply 7810/31/2011

I rubbed many a nut out watching the scene from Hooper with Burt in his underwear. He was the ultimate manly man fantasy. His chest was to die for. I was pretty sure he was hung, although I have no evidence of it.

by Anonymousreply 7910/31/2011

R79 do you think he was cut or not?

by Anonymousreply 8010/31/2011

Cut..just because he's an all American Florida boy.

by Anonymousreply 8110/31/2011

I don't know how his iconic look in the rubber vest from Deliverance isn't a major presence in gay culture even now. I guess it's more about smooth, slinky, younger guys. Those don't cut it for me. I like a little man with my man!

by Anonymousreply 8211/02/2011

No and No r83

by Anonymousreply 8411/03/2011

Again,Mamie Van Doren is a complete liar! She either lied to sell her autobiography about Rock or she wanted everyone to think, wow! she can make a gay man straight only when he has sex with her. She is just nuts!

by Anonymousreply 8511/03/2011

Helen Gurley Brown said full-frontal pictures were taken during Burt Reynolds' famous photo shoot for Cosmo. Burt was "up" for it. He consented to the publication of a full-frontal, but I doubt even Cosmo was ready for an erection. Ultimately Burt's agent stopped the presses. He claimed the nudity would ruin Burt's career. What an asshole....

by Anonymousreply 8608/31/2012

He "discovered" Robert Urich.

by Anonymousreply 8808/31/2012

FWIW, Burt always made my gaydar ping.

by Anonymousreply 8904/17/2013

Datalounge is the only place I could imagine getting up to date on all the Liz Torres gossip. Fucking love it!

by Anonymousreply 9004/17/2013

And speaking of Liz Torres, either she went on a hell of a diet, or she's not well.

by Anonymousreply 9104/17/2013

He also dated Catherine Deneuve for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 9204/17/2013

Burt's hirsute stache/hairy chest look defined male sexiness in the '70s and segued into the early '80s with Tom Selleck. Personally I wish it would make a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 9304/18/2013

What movie is that pic from, r93? Do you know?

by Anonymousreply 9404/18/2013

R86 they were published by Stern, a german mag.

by Anonymousreply 9504/18/2013

I don't know what film it's from.

by Anonymousreply 9604/18/2013

I remember at the height of his fame (early 70`s) when he was on all the talk shows. He was very charming (hot as hell) and quite funny. I loved seeing him on those shows.

Seeing him now, and how he messed up his face is quite sad. I thought he looked handsome and exactly as he should look in Boogie Nights.

by Anonymousreply 9804/18/2013

As a kid in the '70s, my two big crushes were Burt Reynolds and Lee Majors. I had shirtless posters of them all over my walls in my room when I was between the ages of 12 and 16. How my parents never knew I was gay was beyond me. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 9904/20/2013

R25, he most certainly was NOT fucking Liza during Lucky Lady. Liza was bearding for him so he could sneak around with her sister Lorna (who was a hot piece of tail when she was younger)

by Anonymousreply 10004/20/2013

Dinah Shore was a lesbian... Burt was always rumored to be gay but so are most of the guys in Holloywood

by Anonymousreply 10104/20/2013

[quote]Marlboro Man

[quote] Friend of Dorothy

[quote] ... to die for

I know the subject matter alone is a dead giveaway, but the phraseology in this thread is a reaffirmation of its demographic. As a 52-year-old who had a boyfriend in the 90's (RIP)who was 47 years old then, I am snickering and enjoying the terms of yore.

Is it acceptable for an e-gay to holler "EL DER GAY THREAD!" while actually paying tribute to the people who were pressed to come up with these camouflaged gay phrases and ID's?

Oh, and here's one still popular with the lesbians (looking around the periphery before asking, of course):

[quote] is he family?

Never used the color-coded bandanas (a little before my times), but I now have a sudden urge to shove one in my pocket.

by Anonymousreply 10204/20/2013

For a lesbian Dinah managed to score 2 of the hottest men in the 20th century, Burt and 1950s Western star George Montgomery (who made Burt look ordinary).

by Anonymousreply 10304/20/2013

He also dated Chris Evert. You can see him here in this video from about 2:10 onwards.

by Anonymousreply 10404/20/2013

Even at the height of his 1970s film stardom, Burt would show up unannounced at Dinah's afternoon talk show which made him seem all the more charming and accessible to us wee gays at the time.

by Anonymousreply 10504/20/2013

R93, I couldn't agree more! Enough with the waxed mannequins... But that hairy look will come back at some point. Probably when we're old or dead.

We need to find those Burt pictures that R95 is referring to!!

by Anonymousreply 10604/20/2013

Dinah Shore was not gay. Jeeesuss, where does this info come from?

by Anonymousreply 10704/20/2013

Always thought Burt, in his prime, was so much moue attractive without the porno stache. There was something so sexy about that clean shaven face, and all that hair on his chest & legs. There's a film , maybe it's that one with Catherine Denueve, where he's clean shaven , playing a cop - sexy man.

by Anonymousreply 10804/20/2013

The novel Celebrity had a character based on Burt Reynolds-a bisexual movie star who has a weakness for high school quarterbacks.

by Anonymousreply 10904/20/2013

Hal Needham. They lived together during the Smokey and the Bandit period. I saw them on Carson together. It was a little embarrassing. Oh yeah, they were high as a kite.

by Anonymousreply 11004/20/2013

He was the original John Travolta

by Anonymousreply 11104/20/2013

[quote]And I still think that Sally Field referred to his sexuality when she said in a Playboy interview that she didn't want her then teenage son around him anymore.

Wait, what? Was it her gay son?

by Anonymousreply 11204/20/2013

I don't think he was gay. He was friends with Dom Deluise who sucked his cock for many years. Probably just liked getting his cock sucked. Fat guys suck good dick

by Anonymousreply 11304/20/2013

bump. SWF, where are you?

by Anonymousreply 11404/23/2013

Uh, of course Dinah Shore was a lesbian. Jesus, who doesn't know that??

by Anonymousreply 11504/24/2013

So is Burt Reynolds bisexual or is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 11605/25/2013

R77 Does anyone remember that Twilight Zone episode where Reynolds played a Brando type? They made him look like Brando and he even spoke like him as well.

My two favorite Burt is gay stories are:

Raquel Welch did a film with Ms Welch and never hit on her. Raquel thought he was gay because he never hit on her! Anyway Raquel said that her and Burt became lifetime friends. as many bi and straight men know, Raquel Welch is was one of the hottest things on the planet. For a guy not to fuck her means he was either high,clueless or a total queen.

Andy Warhol was asked if Burt was gay or not. Warhol's response:"Well he roomed with George Maharis when he first came to NYC." Andy assumed everyone knew George was a queen of epic proportions.....

by Anonymousreply 11705/25/2013

Bisexual, I think.

by Anonymousreply 11805/25/2013

R113 that would make him bisexual then, if he was really hetero/straight he wouldn't have sex with a guy at all and Dom, uhhh yeah now I gotta vomit.

by Anonymousreply 11905/25/2013

I meant that Raquel Welch did a film with Ms Burt Reynolds and he never hit on her.

by Anonymousreply 12005/26/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 12106/28/2013

"I remember long ago gossip, possibly posted here, that Reynolds was sexually attracted to the actor who played his son on Evening Shade. I think the actor was also gay, but he refused Reynold's advances and things strated getting very ugly on set. CBS was afraid of some kind of sexual harassment suit since it was very blatant."

Did Burt allegedly sexually harrass Jay Ferguson when he was underage? He was only 15 or 16 when he started on the show (although he turned 18 during the show's run)

by Anonymousreply 12208/07/2013

I just wanted to mentor him.

by Anonymousreply 12308/07/2013

"I just wanted to mentor him."

In the bedroom?

by Anonymousreply 12408/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.