Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Amy Winehouse Died ***DRUNK*** over five times the British drink-drive limit! ‎

Cause of Death: Accidental Alcohol Poisoning

by Anonymousreply 7401/09/2013

I can't help but believe had her last name been teahouse this tragedy would've been averted.

by Anonymousreply 110/26/2011

Sad. She was a real talent.

by Anonymousreply 210/26/2011

But no illegal drugs were involved

Buy my book

by Anonymousreply 310/26/2011

It's too bad nobody told her that booze is bad news. Remember that great old Righteous Brothers song 'Rock 'n Roll Heaven'? It's past time the lyrics be updated for all the pop stars who've passed since 'Night Shift' from the Commodores.

by Anonymousreply 410/26/2011

She didn't have the time, and her daddy thought she was fine!

by Anonymousreply 510/26/2011

Oddly, had she not quit drinking, she'd probably be alive. It was the shock of flooding her system with all that booze after abstaining for a few months.

by Anonymousreply 610/26/2011

Her very own father seemed to have been partially correct all along. He must have had a vibe about the poor gal.

Amy Winehouse was a tiny lady and I am surprised she drank five times over the legal UK limit like that. I thought her dad said that she was also on Librium? Weird.

She seemed rather sober on that behind the scenes look of Tony Bennet's latest record. Some of that is online and she is even at a healthier weight and everything.

by Anonymousreply 710/26/2011

I don't know why doctors still give people who are detoxing Librium. The stuff is useless.

by Anonymousreply 810/26/2011

Dang.

by Anonymousreply 910/26/2011

The article I read about the coroner's inquest said that she had 416mg of alcohol per 100 mL, which is enough booze to render someone unconscious.

And combine that with a CNS depressant like Librium....

by Anonymousreply 1010/26/2011

I don't quite believe that drugs were not involved...

by Anonymousreply 1110/26/2011

Very sad, rest in peace.

by Anonymousreply 1210/26/2011

Same here, R11. Substitute "heroin" for "alcohol" and I think we'd be pretty close to the truth.

by Anonymousreply 1410/26/2011

I like to think she died steeling herself for some more posting on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 1510/26/2011

Accidental? How can you "accidentally" drink 3 bottles of vodka?

by Anonymousreply 1610/27/2011

I have two questions.

The first is the same as r16's. How can having a blood alcohol level that high be accidental?

And the second is how does this reconcile with the initial reports that she suffered some kind of lethal alcohol withdrawal response? Or were those merely rumors?

by Anonymousreply 1710/27/2011

It's accidental because, presumably, she meant to get really, really drunk and she didn't mean to poison herself.

Her handlers, including her father, have been trying to fix her reputation for a while by prentending she's not really on drugs etc. I assume that's what it was.

by Anonymousreply 1810/27/2011

I don't really care, she was a mess who relished her situation. I'm glad she's gone.

by Anonymousreply 1910/27/2011

One-hit wonder bites the dust.

Nothing to see here folks.

by Anonymousreply 2010/27/2011

5-times Grammy winner, moron r20.

by Anonymousreply 2110/27/2011

Still a one-hit wonder, idiot!

by Anonymousreply 2210/27/2011

Three bottles of vodka???

by Anonymousreply 2310/27/2011

Voice of the Night: 416 mg alcohol = 416 mL, did you know that? Of course alcohol is never measured in mg, it is usually expressed as a percentage of a volume.

1 mL H2O = 1 mg H2O. Alcohol may be a touch lighter than H2O.

by Anonymousreply 2410/27/2011

Have to agree with the naysayers on this, she was overrated and not appreciative of her success. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 2510/27/2011

She must have really hated herself and her life if she guzzled that much booze all at once. I guess she wanted to blot everything out.

I never thought she was all she was cracked up to be. I never considered her an exceptional talent.

by Anonymousreply 2610/27/2011

I thought she was great. Unfortunately, very tragically- she was an alcoholic and addict and this is what happens too often. It's sadly quite simple.

by Anonymousreply 2710/27/2011

She wasn't overrated - she was a very sensitive talent who couldn't handle the media. Half of her issues flared up after Frank and the British press called her fat, etc. She wasn't meant for superstardom.

by Anonymousreply 2810/27/2011

She should have become a plastic surgery addict instead. She'd have lived longer and looked better.

by Anonymousreply 2910/27/2011

Does anyone know what her BAC would have been?

by Anonymousreply 3010/27/2011

She was a fantastic talent in an era of anodyne pseudo-soul American Idol wannabe soundalikes. She had a great sound, style, and a lot of respect for the singers who preceded her.

Too bad she couldn't keep it together.

by Anonymousreply 3110/27/2011

So true, r31.

by Anonymousreply 3210/27/2011

Her ugly factor was five times over what should've been the legal limit.

The other people in hell must've assumed that she was a new demon that they'd never come across before.

I love how the coercive media is trying to make us worship this nasty piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 3310/27/2011

At least she wasn't driving while drunk. What a responsible young lady.

by Anonymousreply 3410/27/2011

The people on this thread who are glad she's dead are true assholes.

You know who else praises the death of addicts? Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 3510/27/2011

I think they covered up the drugs in order to perserve her memory for better record sales. Yes you can cover that shit up, when enough money is at stake.

by Anonymousreply 3610/27/2011

Yes, R31.

by Anonymousreply 3710/27/2011

I don't buy the booze-only story either. I'm betting it was heroin.

by Anonymousreply 3810/27/2011

She had a lot going for her. So why was she so spectacularly fucked up? Some people think it's as simple as this: she was homely and her insecurity about her lack of beauty made her wallow in a bottomless pit of self-hatred.

Some people have said it was just that type of insecurity that drove the great folk singer Sandy Denny to destroy herself with drugs and booze. Denny was an amazing singing and songwriting talent, but she was so hopelessly self-destructive that she couldn't stop drinking and drugging even while pregnant. People who knew her said she had little self-worth because she wasn't sex symbol material. She wasn't unattractive; she had a nice face, but tended to be on the heavy side. It didn't help that reviewers would comment on her weight; one of them remarked on her "sweet, chubby face." Denny died at age 31 after a drunken fall caused her to have a brain hemorrhage.

Judy Garland and Janis Joplin also suffered torment because of their lack of conventional beauty. Both of them died of overdoses.

And of course Karen Carpenter starved herself to death to keep from being "fat."

by Anonymousreply 3910/27/2011

Booze is dangerous as hell, when you factor in the fact that her liver was probably pate after all the abuse, it's not farfetched at all that she died of alcohol poisoning. College kids die all the time and they're usually in a lot better shape. It's too bad, she was unique and talented. It's probably a pretty painful way to go. Hopefully she was blacked out first.

by Anonymousreply 4010/27/2011

Alcohol is a drug, just like any other drug. End the drug war, save lives.

by Anonymousreply 4110/27/2011

R36, have you noticed that her father keeps saying, "no illegal drugs were involved"? Perhaps if he educated himself a teeny tiny bit about drug addiction he would find out that more people die from prescription drugs than illegal drugs

by Anonymousreply 4210/27/2011

I said no, no, no, no...I aint goin' to rehab!

by Anonymousreply 4310/27/2011

Alcoholism is a myth according to Britain. Dr. Drew spent an entire hour discussing this.

by Anonymousreply 4410/27/2011

[italic]5-times Grammy winner, moron [R20].[/italic]

Oh, dear. That doesn't mean she wasn't a one hit wonder, doofus.

She was a phony wannabe black woman. She sampled her songs from Motown. She had no talent. She's as black as Eminem, and with as much credibility. She was mimicking black performers.

by Anonymousreply 4510/27/2011

Ditto...the booze story is bullshit. If they'd said that she had alcohol poisoning and choked on her own vomit, that'd be one thing. That sometimes happens with gross over-drinking. But she didn't just fall over dead from being very drunk. There were other drugs involved.

by Anonymousreply 4610/27/2011

"She was mimicking black performers."

Your point?

by Anonymousreply 4710/27/2011

Who would want to listen to this shit? I'm sure that some people can mimic the sounds of a moose.

by Anonymousreply 4810/27/2011

It's not just that she was mimicking black performers. It's that the entertainment industry makes stars out of these folks while relegating black performers to the back of the bus. If Winehouse had been black they never would have promoted her. That's the issue. The same industry that makes stars out of white singers who "sound black", impedes black performers in every way.

by Anonymousreply 4910/27/2011

Winehouse had no personality. She was a drug addict who went out looking like shit. Big deal. There was no passion. She is not Janis Joplin!

by Anonymousreply 5010/27/2011

R49, they all suck. The singing style is ridiculous, unappealing, and showoffish. There is no beauty to it.

by Anonymousreply 5110/27/2011

R43, if you are going to bother with such a tired old joke, at least get the lyrics right, you dried-up old cunt.

by Anonymousreply 5210/27/2011

Funny - alcohol poisoning also killed 90s rocker and Datalounge favorite Jani Lane this summer.

Vodka actually killed both Jani and Amy.

by Anonymousreply 5310/27/2011

R31 wins...

by Anonymousreply 5410/27/2011

54, ummm, no.

She was a mediocre talent who rose above the garbage, primarily because she was a white woman who "sounded black." She benefited from racism, and the fact that most of the music out there is garbage.

by Anonymousreply 5510/28/2011

[quote]Alcoholism is a myth according to Britain. Dr. Drew spent an entire hour discussing this.

Really? What a load of bs

by Anonymousreply 5610/28/2011

Why do people find it so hard to believe that alcohol could be the sole cause of death? Vodka fucking burns when you drink it, you think it's not killing the cells in its path?

by Anonymousreply 5710/28/2011

[quote]I love how the coercive media is trying to make us worship this nasty piece of shit.

And how was she a nasty piece of shit? Are you one of those people who look down on anyone with an addiction or with a weakness?

by Anonymousreply 5810/28/2011

Agree with R31.

by Anonymousreply 5910/28/2011

Cover up!

There were several folks who stated she bought drugs in the days leading up to her death... coverup!

by Anonymousreply 6010/28/2011

No, R58, it's not about addiction, it's just what she was.

by Anonymousreply 6110/28/2011

The posters condemning the use of the word "accidental" as to the cause of her death clearly need a quick brush-up on medical/legal terminology.

An accidental overdose is anything that's not intentional (i.e. suicide or murder). It's not mistaking Clorox for Absolute.

by Anonymousreply 6210/28/2011

This is ridiculous. So singers like Joss Stone and Adele and Amy shouldn't be famous and successful because they have a soul singer's voice and only black people are allowed to have a soul singer's voice? They didn't steal these voices from black singers, they were born with them, so I think we should stop referring to them as 'black singers' voices'. Also there are plenty of successful black singers around.

by Anonymousreply 6310/28/2011

I'd rather listen to a cow give birth than this style of singing.

by Anonymousreply 6410/28/2011

I thought that Def Leppard guitarist was the youngest person I'd ever heard of drinking himself to death. Amy beat him by about 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 6510/28/2011

How can someone die over five times?

by Anonymousreply 6610/28/2011

R64 is a racist.

by Anonymousreply 6710/29/2011

"Her ugly factor was five times over what should've been the legal limit."

Who do you think you are calling her ugly? You probably are an ugly cunt yourself, inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 6810/29/2011

I can't believe there are people who can't believe a person can die from drinking. It happens all the time.

by Anonymousreply 6910/29/2011

Joss Stone wasn't born with the stupid vocal mannerisms she constantly adopts when she sings.

by Anonymousreply 7010/30/2011

People can die from drinking, but I also think if Amy Winehouse committed suicide, it would be covered up to prevent copy-cat suicides. (Like that town in Wales) I think the same happened with Heath Ledger. I'm pretty sure these reports aren't really transparent.

by Anonymousreply 7110/31/2011

Bump for an update...

((that means note that any posts before this are over a year old so don't try to pick an argument with any of them))

For some reason they had another coroner review the data on Amy's death. The results of the second confirmed the first report - Winehouse died of accidental alcohol poisoning.

by Anonymousreply 7201/09/2013

r63

They're white people pretending to be black.

If a norm was mincing and prancing and lisping, you'd say it was degrading to 'mos.

Same thing.

by Anonymousreply 7301/09/2013

Dang, bitch.

Pace yourself.

by Anonymousreply 7401/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!