Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NIGHT WATCH with Elizabeth Taylor and Laurence Harvey now available on DVD

The 1974 movie based on Lucille Fletcher's stage thriller is finally available from Warners Archive as part of their made to order program. Starring Elizabeth Taylor and in his final screen appearance, Laurence Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2011

Link to the NY Times movie review

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110/25/2011

Love this movie.....I used to watch it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 210/25/2011

Ooh thanks, OP. Can't believe I don't remember hearing of this. Love them both. It sounds great.

by Anonymousreply 310/25/2011

what is the twist at the end?

by Anonymousreply 410/25/2011

[quote]yeastily directed by Brian G. Hutton.

What the hell does THAT mean?

by Anonymousreply 510/26/2011

DON'T REVEAL THE ENDING!!!!

by Anonymousreply 610/26/2011

I saw the play on Broadway. Beautiful New York apartment (movie is set in London) that rotated a little for each act. when you got to the final scene, the large picture window from where Joan Hackett witnessed the 'murder' in the building next door, was front and center. Fun show, lovely set. It was my idea of a dream apartment in NYC-- although mine would not be on a turntable!

by Anonymousreply 710/26/2011

It's pretty creaky - it was even at the time of it's release.

by Anonymousreply 810/26/2011

DVDTalk gives Elizabeth Taylor thriller NIGHT WATCH a good review.

**WARNING***

Spoilers in the review!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 911/08/2011

Somehow, can't remember where, I saw it quite recently, but it became boring and I switched it off.

There seems to be some sort of cult around these 60s & 70s thrillers and nearly all of them are disappointing.

I wrote a couple of reviews of British 'thrillers' from the '60s on amazon and got about twenty unhelpful votes, so I just deleted them.

by Anonymousreply 1011/08/2011

Joan Hackett was great. Yes, it's a creaky thriller but it was a lot of fun. The movie setting changed and the film was shot in London Miss Taylor's tax purposes.

by Anonymousreply 1111/08/2011

Any Laurence Harvey gossip? Loved him in 'A Room At the Top' and of course 'Butterfield 8'.

by Anonymousreply 1211/08/2011

Laurence was bi.

by Anonymousreply 1311/08/2011

In one biography I read the author said when Laurence was dying, Liz went to visit him and crawled into his deathbed with him. And he didn't want her there.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2011
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!