Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

CAMELOT's on TCM right now. Geezus Franco Nero in those bright blue ball hugging pants which match his eyes.

Dumb me I just found out he & Vanessa had a commitment ceremony last year after all these years.

by Anonymousreply 2205/10/2013

Wretched movie and I can't help but watch.

Richard Harris - manic, hammy, tilting his head to be cute, and more eye makeup than Vanessa Redgrave. Richard Burton would still have been perfect in the part.

Vanessa - well, she's gorgeous and really saves the movie from being totally unwatchable.

Franco Nero - gorgeous.

What was Josh Logan thinking?

by Anonymousreply 110/22/2011

Franco's & Vanessa's eremony

by Anonymousreply 210/22/2011

Where the fuck is Julie Andrews?

by Anonymousreply 310/22/2011

"What was Josh Logan thinking?"

He was thinking I've already made "South Pacific" into the worst movie musical adaptation of all time (up until then). There's nowhere to go but up.

Anyway I love the fact that Vanessa and Franco have stayed lovers all these years and recently cermonied. Love them.

by Anonymousreply 410/22/2011

Franco says he wasn't too taken with Vanessa upon first meeting her.

Question: do we think she knew Tony Richardson was gay by this time?

by Anonymousreply 510/22/2011

Weak film, based on a great book, but at least the film gives is Franco Nero to look at.

But jeez, the eye makeup on Richard Harris! I'm a woman, and I haven't worn half that much since the eighties. And even then, I thought that blue underliner like his was over the top.

by Anonymousreply 610/22/2011

Vanessa looked stoned throughout the entire picture.

David Hemmings (RIP) stole every scene he was in - and I had a major crush on that bad boy. But after feasting your eyes on his gorgeousness at the top of the linked page DO NOT SCROLL DOWN!! DON'T DO IT!! FAIR WARNING!

by Anonymousreply 710/22/2011

OP, I knew Franco and Vanessa had gotten back together but didn't know they'd had a ceremony. Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 810/22/2011

[quote]CAMELOT's on TCM right now. Geezus Franco Nero in those bright blue ball hugging pants which match his eyes.

I read this as "CAMELTOE's on TCM...".

by Anonymousreply 910/23/2011

"I Loved You Once In Silence" was the gay anthem when I was growing up.

by Anonymousreply 1010/23/2011

I love this movie,'warts' and all. I know I am in the minority and critics hated it but I have always preferred this version to the stage musical. Redgrave and Nero so sexy together and I liked that, unlike the stage musical, the characters were written as having a sexual relationship. Hoping a blu ray comes along.

by Anonymousreply 1110/23/2011

Did Franco raise their son? Until the commitment ceremony I wasn't even aware he existed so I assume the son wasn't part of the Redgrave clan.

by Anonymousreply 1210/23/2011

Apparently Franco walked Natasha down the aisle when she married Liam.

by Anonymousreply 1310/23/2011

One of the most handsome men of this planet...Franco Nero

He aged incredibly well too.

by Anonymousreply 1405/07/2013

He and Giancarlo Giannini made me hot for Eye Talians back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 1505/07/2013

The only way this movie would've been watchable, was if it had Julie Andrews - and unfortunately, it didn't.

[quote]Vanessa - well, she's gorgeous

No, she's not.

"Camelot" is an awful movie, but unlike "South Pacific", it isn't entirely Logan's fault.

by Anonymousreply 1605/07/2013

The moment Franco Nero appeared on screen was the moment I knew I was gay.

by Anonymousreply 1705/07/2013

Fun fact: Connie Francis' real surname is Franconero.

by Anonymousreply 1905/10/2013

When she auditioned for "Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts", he advised her to change her name to something shorter and easy to remember. That's how Concetta Rosa Maria Franconero became Connie Francis.

by Anonymousreply 2005/10/2013

Love listening to lusty month of may when I get spring fever.

by Anonymousreply 2105/10/2013

Since Vanessa's own father was a closeted gay I always assumed she had the curse of the Garland women of being a sucker for guys on the lookout for a beard.

by Anonymousreply 2205/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!