Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Chris Martin an asshole?

He seems like a nice guy in interviews, but he IS married to Gwyneth Paltrow, so.....

by Anonymousreply 6011/06/2014

don't put them in the microwave or they will EXPLOD#E!!!!

by Anonymousreply 210/21/2011

Hasn't he openly cheated on her with that mini-Gwenny actress? Kate Bosworth?

by Anonymousreply 310/21/2011

I always had the impression that Chris is just a precocious, high-wired ADD-ish kid that never grew up. A Peter Pan-type thing. He was also spoiled and pampered by his parents. No way is he at the asshole level of the Gallagher brothers. I think he's a pretty decent guy at heart. And who can judge one's attraction to another person? He felt he hit the jackpot with Paltrow, but the hate for this woman is so intense on this board that no one can see that.

As for Paltrow, I think Chris is more of a comfort to her than anything. This is a wman who was deeply in love with her father and very close with her brother. Marriage is an extension of that family romance. Almost eeire how her brother Jake resembles Chris:

by Anonymousreply 410/21/2011

Wow, r4, I'd never seen her brother before. If somebody had shown me that picture and said, "Identify these two people", I would have said without hesitation, "Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin".

by Anonymousreply 510/21/2011

Jake Paltrow is a TV director - he directs Big Bang Theory.

by Anonymousreply 610/21/2011

Dunno if he's an asshole, but hugely untalented.

by Anonymousreply 710/21/2011

r7, that's your opinion. I love their music.

by Anonymousreply 810/21/2011

And R7, has a bank account and lifestyle you could only dream of.

by Anonymousreply 910/21/2011

[quote]I love their music.

So does my elevator.

by Anonymousreply 1010/21/2011

You have a pretty cool elevator, r10.

by Anonymousreply 1110/21/2011

Coldplay: music for whiney, upper-middle-class, hetero white guys. I'd much rather spend an hour stuck in an elevator with Fishsticks than with her boring husband.

by Anonymousreply 1210/21/2011

[quote]I'd much rather spend an hour stuck in an elevator with Fishsticks than with her boring husband.

Apparently you've never met him.

by Anonymousreply 1310/21/2011

He should be shot! His voice and music is atrocious!

by Anonymousreply 1410/21/2011

He always has a cunty expression on his face. Don't know if it means anything, though.

by Anonymousreply 1510/21/2011

He has an ugly British mug. Horrible teeth. He can't help it.

by Anonymousreply 1610/21/2011

What is it with this hetero or homo music thing? I'm a gay male in my 30s who loves Coldplay. To generalize music taste in terms of one's sexual orientation is juvenile. Fuck, grow the hell up.

by Anonymousreply 1710/21/2011

He must be a saint to be married to that tiresome bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1810/21/2011

r6 must be mistaken....don't see Big Bang Theory listed

by Anonymousreply 1910/21/2011

R19: you are mistaken. It's not The Big Bang Theory with Jim Parsons, R6 means a NYPD Blue episode called Big Bang Theory and it is listed in the link you provided when you click on "see all 9 episodes" under NYPD Blue.

R6 was right.

by Anonymousreply 2010/22/2011

Posh poseur. Perfect for her.

by Anonymousreply 2110/22/2011

[quote]Hasn't he openly cheated on her with that mini-Gwenny actress? Kate Bosworth?

Yes. And then loudly swore to sue the tabloid that broke the story...but never did.

Bosworth had been part of Fishtick's posse up until that time. Afterwards, they completely froze her out.

by Anonymousreply 2210/22/2011

Actually, I haven't seen him in person since 2009.

by Anonymousreply 2310/25/2011

I actually meant the Jim Parsons show ... thanks for the clarification.

by Anonymousreply 2410/25/2011

He's an elitist asswipe from a rich family. Anyone who makes their under 10 year old kids study Latin and eat that veggie crap must be demented. And as for calling one of them Apple.... sheesh, suppose the kid is lucky they didn't call it Prune or Runny Bowels.

x

by Anonymousreply 2510/25/2011

Can somebody plesse link to that Gwyneth Paltrow nosejob thread? I can't find it, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 2610/25/2011

He was on Colbert last week. I thought he was very likeable and funny.

by Anonymousreply 2710/26/2011

Howard Stern interviewed him for 1 1/2 hours this week. I never liked him although I like their music. I have to say he came across as a VERY nice man. I really have changed my opinion of him after this interview on Howard TV. His voice also sounded great when he sang a few songs.

by Anonymousreply 2811/12/2011

Here's him explaining how he came up with "yello". He claims it started out as a Neil Young impression, and he soon realized the song had something. He sings part of it too.

by Anonymousreply 2911/12/2011

Jeez, why are you bitches so hung up on Paltrow? It's not like she's dictating the Zeitgeist? Let her prattle on on where to get the best $80 bottle of virgin oil and the greatest pair of $500 cashmere socks. Who gives a shit?

by Anonymousreply 3111/13/2011

I heard that interview r28. I had the exact same reaction. Howard can expose the assholes real fast and Chris was very sweet and available to every question. And, yes, he did come off quite well live, singing and playing the piano.

by Anonymousreply 3211/13/2011

How mean of them, R22. And all she did was fuck her friend's husband.

by Anonymousreply 3311/13/2011

Corporate pop for hipsters who think they are living alternative lifestyles. They mean nothing, but that could mean they are really, really deep.

by Anonymousreply 3411/13/2011

Why hasn't he divorced her yet? Or found another method to free himself? There are, after all, Hollywood traditions galore for this sort of thing, and given her idiocy he'd have enough alibis to fill the USC stadium.

by Anonymousreply 3511/13/2011

Just watched them on SNL last night. He is the most ridiculous dancer I've ever seen. As a previous poster said, "ADD" indeed. Very cute though, because after dancing like a maniac through the end of the song, he gets this big grin like a goofy kid.

by Anonymousreply 3611/13/2011

Unexpectedly charming

by Anonymousreply 3711/13/2011

Coldplay is a good band. The sad thing is that they want to be Radiohead and U2, which they will never be, but, frankly, they write more accessible music than either.

by Anonymousreply 3811/13/2011

Expectedly ugly.

And r4 is right on.

Freakish.

by Anonymousreply 3911/13/2011

Too bad he's stuck with that nasty ice queen. I find her friendship with Beyonce to be so fake.

by Anonymousreply 4201/06/2013

I like him and his voice, and think he's adorable.

But the fact that he's married to Goopy completely mystifies me.

by Anonymousreply 4301/06/2013

I find his music pretty overrated and the guy seems pretty meh to me. Goopy could do better

by Anonymousreply 4401/06/2013

Chris Martin and Gwynnie used to workout at my gym about 10 years ago (Greenwich Ave. Equinox in the West Village). I ran into both of them on multiple occasions. However, the one specific memory that I have of Chris is when he came into the gym one day looking like he crawled out of bed and hadn't showered in 4 days. Now this is the weird part, on the mat where people stretch out, he got changed into his gym clothes from his street clothes. Everyone acted like it was perfectly normal, but it was totally creepy, especially when there is a perfectly good locker room. I remember looking at him with his ratty shorts, torn t-shirt combined with black socks and Converse sneakers. I also remember very pale skin, and nasty looking facial hair. He was relatively loud and enjoyed calling attention to himself. He was very British. Again....uggghh. After his workout, he used the same mat to change back into his street clothes; no shower of course. So, every time I think of him, I think, "dirty".

by Anonymousreply 4501/07/2013

No.

by Anonymousreply 4605/31/2013

He is a great human being.

by Anonymousreply 4706/08/2013

I've met him twice. He was an asshole to everyone. gwyneth is sweet. I have posted about it before. Don't have time to rehash sorry but he was a real jerk.

by Anonymousreply 4806/08/2013

[r48] We all like to pretend we've met someone famous. Please shut up. You've never met him; he is a great person.

by Anonymousreply 4906/08/2013

?

by Anonymousreply 5006/14/2013

Apparently, he is dating JLaw now. And for the poster that said Gwennie is "sweet", uh, no. She was filming a scene in a theater with ScarJo. Friend of mine was an extra. She screamed and cursed at the hair stylist, who unfortunately was a last minute fill-in for her personal stylist. Kept raging about how her hair didn't look like the picture she showed the stylist, even though her hair looked exactly like the picture. "Fuck this, fuck that, fuck, fuck, fuck". Yes, she is a sweetie. ScarJo, btw, was just the opposite. Professional and nice to the crew.

by Anonymousreply 5108/16/2014

Chris is incredibly nice. Worked with him a couple years ago. Whenever Gwyneth showed up, she was bossy and loud. You could tell he's the type to just keep his mouth shut and let her wear the pants, just so there wouldn't be a big argument. Glad he finally got sick of it and hopefully he will find someone cool and easygoing like he is.

by Anonymousreply 5208/16/2014

Cringing that I have to admit to my Hollywood nepotism with this post, but my dad works at UTA and Gwyneth is one of their "bigger" clients. Not my dad's personal clients, but close enough to where I have had two Gwyneth and one Chris interaction(s)

I worked under a production designer on one of her more recent films. At that time, she seemed unpleasant. There were no episodes of tantrum (except for whining about being third on the call sheet lol) but she had that uppity rich girl "don't talk to me" thing. She did not remember me from a year earlier, when I was seated at the same table as her and Chris at a bullshit charity dinner with my dad, her agent, and another client + client his gf? wife? femme du jour? Who knows. Anyway Gwyneth seemed uncomfortable and distant. (Also the times I've mentioned this people jokingly ask if she ate anything- I don't remember how much she had !) Chris was really sweet and talkative with my dad, me, and the other client though- We all bonded over Peep Show !

by Anonymousreply 5311/06/2014

Jen can have him

by Anonymousreply 5411/06/2014

His music is mostly annoying, in interviews he seems without charm and wit, immature and a bit arrogant. Never knew what she saw in him.

by Anonymousreply 5511/06/2014

Never knew what he saw in her!

by Anonymousreply 5611/06/2014

I've always been hopelessly embarrassed to admit I like Coldplay. Deathly embarrassed to admit I'm attracted to Chris Martin.

by Anonymousreply 5711/06/2014

Cool though @R53. More stories!

by Anonymousreply 5811/06/2014

boring thread

by Anonymousreply 5911/06/2014

[quote]Never knew what he saw in her!

by Anonymousreply 6011/06/2014
Need more help? Click Here.