Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Grimm" and "Once upon a Time"

Both shows are based on fairy tales, but "Once" looks more Disney/family friendly.

Anyone know which one will be more entertaining?

by Anonymousreply 51101/06/2014

Well I watched "Once" and it was weird. But I'm going to watch some more, just to see. It's got a really good cast. Robert Carlyle, Jennifer Morrison, Gennifer Goodwin. Carlyle alone makes me want to give it a chance.

by Anonymousreply 110/23/2011

I've seen both. Grimm was interesting, but not compelling. Once Upon a Time was neither interesting nor compelling, and kind of embarrassing, actually.

I'll watch Grimm again, but not Once Upon a Time.

by Anonymousreply 210/23/2011

What times, days and channels are these on?

by Anonymousreply 310/23/2011

Once Upon a Time was interesting.

Will tune in again, liked the little boy.

I love Carlyle as well so will watch.

Was the Blue Fairy the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio? I was hoping to see the three tubby fairy godmothers.

Who is that girl with the long black hair in the bed and breakfast supposed to be?

by Anonymousreply 410/24/2011

Red Riding Hood R4. Y'know, at Grandma's place.

by Anonymousreply 610/24/2011

I sure hope they explain how no one but Henry ages.........

by Anonymousreply 710/24/2011

Ohhhh, that makes sense.

She seemed kind of slutty though, didn't she?

by Anonymousreply 810/24/2011

The evil queen was on Swingtown. She was the former stewardess half of the neighborhood swinger couple. I really like her, but this show seems mediocre. I hope Grimm is more interesting. It seems darker and that's always more fun.

by Anonymousreply 910/24/2011

Giancarlo Esposito is going to be on Once Upon a Time. That's reason enough to tune in, at least for his episodes. I still haven't forgiven Breaking Bad for offing Gus, but this will do as a consolation prize.

by Anonymousreply 1110/24/2011

Jennifer Morrison was on House. She plays Emma.

by Anonymousreply 1210/24/2011

She's too old to be playing 28.

by Anonymousreply 1310/24/2011

R3, does the phrase "check your local listings" ring a bell? Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 1410/24/2011

I'm not watching ONCE UPON A TIME because I'm so fucking sick of the commercials.

What's with all of these modern takes on fairy tales? Nobody seemed to be asking for them.

by Anonymousreply 1510/24/2011

I thought it was sort of dull.

And why kind of a stupid witch casts a spell so that she has to live a boring life in suburbia for 28 years?

Surely, she might have come up with another way to get back at the others . . .

by Anonymousreply 1710/24/2011

I watched the "Grimm" teaser on Hulu, and it looks good. The funny werewolf sidekick could be the hook- his lines that I've seen are perefct.

OUAT was okay- I'll check out a few eps, but the pilot didn't wow me.

by Anonymousreply 2010/24/2011

Things about Once Upon a Time that I don't get:

1. So the queen remembers who she is. Does anyone else remember, because I got the impression that Rumplestiltskin remembers, too.

2. How could Emma have the same name as a grown up if she was given away and raised by people who didn't know her birth name?

3. For that matter, how could Emma's son know about any of this? Presumably his father isn't even a fairy tale character and he was born many years after the queen's curse in the 'real' world?

4. So in the pilot we see the Snow White characters, the Pinocchio ones, and Red Riding Hood and her grandmother. Who else is making an appearance in this? Is it just Grimm characters because not all fairy tales characters came from the Grimm brothers. Beauty and the Beast was a French fairy tale. Aladdin is an Arabian nights tale. So how inclusive is Storybrooke? (And wouldn't it have made more sense to call it Storybook?)

The Once pilot did huge in the ratings last night. Even if it has a dropoff, it could at least last this whole season.

by Anonymousreply 2110/24/2011

R21, the answer to #4 is that you're only going to see characters that Disney/ABC already owns so they can do tie-ins.

by Anonymousreply 2210/24/2011

[quote]the answer to #4 is that you're only going to see characters that Disney/ABC already owns so they can do tie-ins.

Does Disney own any of these characters anyway? Many fairy tales are so old, no one technically owns them and they're in the public domain. Who exactly would Disney pay to license them? Even the Grimm brothers didn't make up most of the stories, they just wrote them down (yes, I realize I'm overthinking this).

by Anonymousreply 2310/24/2011

The screen grabs made me think Fairuza Balk was the wicked queen for a moment.

by Anonymousreply 2410/24/2011

[quote]The screen grabs made me think Fairuza Balk was the wicked queen for a moment.

Lana Parrilla is WAAAAY too pretty.

Emma Caulfield is going to be the witch from Hansel and Gretel on a future episode.

by Anonymousreply 2610/24/2011

Emma's son read the book. They showed several times that what was happening was in that book.

I think evil Rumplestilskin remembers too.

by Anonymousreply 2710/24/2011

I loved it. It was cheese-tastic and crap-tacular. But then I also loved "The Cape" so what do I know.

Yeah, you can't think about it too hard. I trust that some answers will be coming, but other answers are just questions we shouldn't be asking if we really want to enjoy the show.

by Anonymousreply 2810/24/2011

Yes, I know he read the book. But what would make him believe it's not a bunch of made up, fictional stories like everyone else would believe? How does he know they really happened?

by Anonymousreply 2910/24/2011

Maybe we just don't know yet.

I mean, he's the son of the "chosen one", protected from the curse, so he could have some magical insight.

Don't think too hard. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 3010/24/2011

I liked the first few episodes of the Cape as well. They should have embraced the over-the-top comic book feel, esp. with the villains. Instead it seemed like they toned them down to make them more like oridnary criminals, and the show became a bit dull.

Would not mind if Grimm was like the early seasons of Supernatural when it was a show about monstors, before it took itself too seriously and became constant angst and season long world-is-ending arcs.

by Anonymousreply 3110/24/2011

I thought Once Upon a Time was a lot of fun and, no, not all the questions were answered in the 60-minute pilot. If they were, why would anyone continue to watch? That's kind of the point of a continuing story.

by Anonymousreply 3210/24/2011

Once upon a Time was strange and involving enough for me to give it a couple more episodes to see if it comes together.

[quote] I sure hope they explain how no one but Henry ages....

Henry was born in the real world, so it's understandable that the curse may not fully apply to him. But how did the Witch manage to adopt him? Does the Witch know that his mom is the Chosen One? Otherwise, it's a pretty big coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 3310/24/2011

[quote]No matter how many times they try to tell me Jennifer Goodwin is beautiful, she simply isn'

I disagree. She's extremely pretty. Beautiful face.

by Anonymousreply 3410/24/2011

R34 I guess I am in the minority then. I think she is extremely ordinary. Good actress though.

by Anonymousreply 3510/25/2011

Looks like there's a lot of us fairytale queens out there -

by Anonymousreply 3610/25/2011

R18, even back in his Road Rules days he was straight, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

by Anonymousreply 3710/25/2011

This show is going to bigger than Revenge

by Anonymousreply 3810/25/2011

The evil queen's real-world name is Regina, and Snow White's real-world last name is Blanchard.

Took me far too long to get that.

by Anonymousreply 3910/25/2011

In a land far away ...

by Anonymousreply 4010/25/2011

[quote] 2. How could Emma have the same name as a grown up if she was given away and raised by people who didn't know her birth name?

Didn't they leave her swaddled in a baby blanket with the name Emma embroidered into it?

by Anonymousreply 4110/25/2011

The flame out on this show promises to be spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 4210/25/2011

I was really looking forward to ONCE but when I watched I actually cringed and felt embarassed. Tying all those storybook characters together and trying to make a more "adult" play on it is too much of a stretch for me.

And fairytale sequences look so cheap and green screened. Actually reminded me of the Hercules or Xena shows.

I'm hoping I like GRIMM better. I like darker and smarter.

by Anonymousreply 4310/25/2011

Yeah, I was disappointed with Once too. The fairy tale sequences were too cheesy and the real world too bland. I think it should have been darker.

I agree Emma looks way older than 28. 30 would have been a better, more "important" age for her to return anyway.

I don't think the Queen knows who she is either. Agree that Goodwin is not that attractive, especially with short hair and those gigantic ears.

There has never been a Disney Red Riding Hood, so I don't think we are limited to Disney fairy tales. Red Riding seemed like the coolest character though we saw so little of her.

I hope Grimm is better, although it looks like it lifted its plot from the amazing Fables comic book series.

by Anonymousreply 4410/25/2011

R37, I went to school w/ the guy who was David's roommate until very recently. David is most definitely gay, gay, gay.

by Anonymousreply 4510/25/2011

Grimm is being filmed around Portland, OR. That is my old stomping grounds so I am looking forward to seeing that aspect.

by Anonymousreply 4710/27/2011

Last Sunday over 16 million fall under the spell of the favorite new show of the season, grade A, magically enchanting, will charm all ages, ABC's ONCE UPON A TIME.

by Anonymousreply 4810/27/2011

I REALLY liked Grimm. I liked the funny werewolf sidekick and the Aunt. Felt like Buffy, a bit. Liked that he had people like the girlfriend and the partner too. I'll be watching.

by Anonymousreply 4910/28/2011

I watched Grimm early and was underwhelmed. Everyone was so white bread and boring. I'll take a pass thanks.

by Anonymousreply 5010/28/2011

I think it's a pilot. Pilots usually improve.

by Anonymousreply 5110/28/2011

I thought Grimm was great. And the lead guy is hot which is a definite plus.

by Anonymousreply 5210/28/2011

I too, enjoyed Grimm. The lead was good as the confused cop seeing things that he couldn't explain. He's also very attractive. I guess NBC didn't have much hopes for it, scheduling it on a Friday night. Oh well, I'll watch till it's inevitably cancelled like almost all the shows I get involved in.

by Anonymousreply 5310/28/2011

Like R50, I was underwhelmed but willing to tune in again next Friday and give it another chance (as someone else said, pilots are just that, pilots).

by Anonymousreply 5410/28/2011

I think it's all in the kid's head.

by Anonymousreply 5510/29/2011

I didn't love the Grimm pilot but found it far better than Once Upon a Time's pilot.

by Anonymousreply 5610/29/2011

"I REALLY liked Grimm. I liked the funny werewolf sidekick and the Aunt."

The aunt is played by Kate Burton, Richard Burton's daughter.

She used to be on "Law & Order", a lot.

by Anonymousreply 5710/29/2011

[quote] Felt like Buffy, a bit.

Two of the producers/writers are from Buffy and Angel.

This week was good, but the scenes from upcoming look awesome. It looks like it gets even more witty in a Buffy-esque way.

by Anonymousreply 5810/29/2011

Honestly, you couldn't pay me enough to sit through either of these two shows.

I've read about them and I've seen the commercials, but there's nothing about them that appeals to me -- at all.

by Anonymousreply 5910/29/2011

They scheduled it opposite "Fringe." One of them will die. Or both.

by Anonymousreply 6010/29/2011

Grimm was ok, so far just a crime drama with a few wolf types. I do like the sidekick character.

I actually enjoyed Once Upon a Time and watched the whole pilot. Can't say the same for Grimm or Terra Nova.

by Anonymousreply 6110/29/2011

Two geek shows against each other, on a Friday night. This sound promising.

by Anonymousreply 6210/29/2011

Grimm is definitely Biff, The Vampire Slayer. It has potential. I will watch it again.

by Anonymousreply 6310/29/2011

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out r59.

by Anonymousreply 6410/29/2011

I watched Grimm tonight and liked it. Portland is my home so it's nice to have the local connection.

by Anonymousreply 6510/29/2011

I enjoyed Grimm - took a while to realize that the good Wolf was Haywire on Prison Break. I hope Kate Burton survives her coma and gets up & starts kicking some ass.

by Anonymousreply 6610/29/2011

Ratings were surprisingly good for NBC & Grimm.

[quote]The season premiere of NBC's Chuck drew a series low 1.0 adults 18-49 rating. Our polled readers were too high. The series premiere of Grimm surprised to the upside, notching a 2.1 adults 18-49 rating. That was the best non-sports Friday rating on any network since 12/31/10 (New Year's Rockin' Eve). Our polled readers were too pessimistic. Grimm's half hours were a 2.1 and a 2.2

by Anonymousreply 6910/29/2011

Sorry link above is wrong for Grimm. correct link posted below

by Anonymousreply 7010/29/2011

Once Upon a Time = LOST, the fairytale.

Grimm = CSI, Fairytale.

by Anonymousreply 7110/29/2011

OUAT did fantastic numbers last Sunday. Grimm did well for Fridays, but nothing to pee your pants about. We'll have to see how many viewers come back to each this week.

by Anonymousreply 7210/29/2011

I much preferred "Once Upon a Time" to "Grimm," since I'm not a big fan of procedurals. But I do think "Once" will lose viewers rapidly and I doubt either will return for a second season.

by Anonymousreply 7310/30/2011

The Grimm guy really needs to stop biting his nails if he is going to be on tv!

by Anonymousreply 7410/30/2011

It didn't show as much in the first ep. as it did (to me at least) in the preview of the rest of the season but I think Grimm has a witty sensibility to it that will come out more.

I didn't get that with OUAT.

by Anonymousreply 7510/30/2011

Is the sheriff in Once Upon a Time supposed to be the huntsman from Snow White?

by Anonymousreply 7610/30/2011

OUAT bored me last week, but tonight's ep was awesome.

by Anonymousreply 7710/30/2011

Love Swan cutting down part of the apple tree.

by Anonymousreply 7810/31/2011

I kinda liked "Grimm".

The lead guy is hot.

So, I like both of them.

by Anonymousreply 7911/01/2011

OUAT, the evil queen's reactions are so evil and so over the top, it's hard to suspend belief enough to keep up with it. Apparently we're going to learn more about what Snow did to piss this woman off so badly. It better be big.

OTOH, Robert Carlyle makes whatever happens worthwhile.

by Anonymousreply 8011/01/2011

[quote]Apparently we're going to learn more about what Snow did to piss this woman off so badly. It better be big.

From the second episode, I got the impression that Snow White killed the queen's fiance or took him away or something like that. I think the queen said something like how Snow took away the thing closest to her and then Maleficient mentioned how the queen was going to be married too, once. But I don't understand how that makes sense if the queen is Snow's evil stepmother from the stories. I think this queen isn't that stepmother, but maybe her daughter who was also Snow White's age? Didn't the stepmother die? (And shouldn't Maleficient be dead too?)

by Anonymousreply 8111/01/2011

[bold]'Once Upon a Time' ratings remain strong [/bold]

The fantasy drama managed to hold onto nearly all of its strong premiere rating in Week 2 despite heavier competition. Sunday night’s episode had 11.6 million viewers and a 3.9 preliminary adults 18-49 rating — that actually matches the early rating for the show’s debut, which was later adjusted up a tenth to a 4.0.

High concept shows like Once often get big premiere audiences from curious viewers, but fail to maintain their ratings in the second week — that’s a early big hurdle the fairy tale drama just passed. Also on ABC, Desperate Housewives (9.3 million, 3.2) and Pan Am (5.6 million, 1.9) were up a tenth of a point each.

Once remained steady despite really intense competition on all three rival broadcasters in its time period: CBS’s 60 Minutes interview with the Madoff family delivered a large rating and bled over into the 8 p.m. hour thanks to football overrun, NBC’s Cowboys vs. Patriots game was huge, and Fox aired what’s often the most popular Simpsons episode of the year.

by Anonymousreply 8211/01/2011

I agree, R81. I think that too. It will be interesting to have it clearer.

I don't know my fairy tales well enough to say who should be dead. Wasn't the evil queen, Snow's stepmother? Then her husband would be Snow's dad. Maybe she turned him against the queen. So I wonder if the King is dead or if he's still in the town somewhere as a character.

by Anonymousreply 8311/01/2011

The evil queen was Snow White's stepmother, yes. Snow White's father marries her after he's widowed when Snow White's mother dies after Snow White is born. But I don't understand how all the talk about the queen losing her loved one (a fiance?) makes sense if she's the evil queen/stepmother of the original story.

by Anonymousreply 8411/01/2011

I guess they're manipulating the story even more. I'm intrigued to say the least to see what they have in store. I hope it doesn't fall on its ass.

by Anonymousreply 8511/01/2011

Grimm bored me. Loved seeing Pam from True Blood as Malificent.

by Anonymousreply 8611/01/2011

"Once" is the first new broadcast series I've been hooked on so early and really pulling for in at least 3 years. I was skeptical about it, but the cast is very good, the execution better, and all signs are promising.

I like the look of it, and I like the pacing of the switches between present Storybrooke and the fairy-tale place.

Emma Swan=a young Marg Helgenberger!

by Anonymousreply 8711/01/2011

I am glad that they're not going with the original stories. In the real fairy tale the Queen hates Snow White because she's more beautiful than her. There is NO WAY that could be the reason with them looking the way they do on this show.

by Anonymousreply 8811/02/2011

The evil queen "lost" her beloved father because she killed him to get his heart for her spell.

Blames everybody else..a...look what you made me do type thing.

by Anonymousreply 8911/02/2011

CBS won the night with adults 18-49 and total viewers led by Blue Bloods' 2.1 adults 18-49 rating which was up a tenth from its last original two weeks ago. CSI: NY averaged a 1.6 adults 18-49 rating, down two tenths from its last original. A Gifted Man was steady, but still low with a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating.

As posted earlier, Fringe was up a tenth with adults 18-49 to a 1.3 rating and Kitchen Nightmares drew a 1.5 adults 18-49 rating

Grimm dropped 14% from its premiere last week with adults 18-49 to a 1.8 rating, not too shabby all things considered. Chuck dropped 20% from its Friday premiere to a series low 0.8 adults 18-49 rating.

Without the World Series competition, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition increased 0.2 and 0.3 with adults 18-49 for its respective hours.

CW's Nikita & Supernatural were steady versus last week.

by Anonymousreply 9011/05/2011

Finally got a chance to see this weeks Grimm. Was NOT impressed. Expecially when OUAT and Fringe were both so good. The only good things were the scenes with the wolf and the Aunt. But I'm willing to hang in. But no more paint by number plots please.

by Anonymousreply 9111/06/2011

I wonder if Grimm and Once are shows where you can like only one or the other, not both. I keep finding Grimm really engaging and the characters (especially Silas Weir Mitchell) and stories clearer and more purposeful, but find Once to be mostly dull and with no clear indication of where it's supposed to be going. But then this is from the people who made Lost and I hated Lost.

The fairy tale B-plot of this week's Once reminded me of Tangled: feisty thief and spunky prince/princess are forced to go off on an adventure together when the thief steals the prince/princess's jewelry and end up falling in love with each other unexpectedly.

by Anonymousreply 9211/07/2011

They should have gotten a better-looking actress to play Snow White (in Once Upon a Time).

by Anonymousreply 9311/07/2011

I think Ginnifer is fabulous. Snow White is not supposed to be a knockout. She's supposed to be sweet and innocent. Ginnifer fits the bill.

I also think they chose Ginnifer Goodwin and Jennifer Morrison as mother and daughter because they look alike. I used to confuse them all the time. Of course seeing them side by side like that every week makes it seem preposterous. But they do have chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 9411/07/2011

[bold]ABC's 'Once' again impresses Sunday: Third straight big showing for drama[/bold]

After three straight strong performances, ABC drama 'Once Upon a Time' is making its case as the hottest new show of the fall season. On a Sunday night otherwise dominated by NBC's 'Sunday Night Football,' the fairy tale-themed series was the top entertainment series.

According to preliminary national estimates from Nielsen, 'Once Upon a Time' averaged a 3.7 rating/9 share in adults 18-49 and 11.4 million viewers overall in the 8 o'clock hour, standing as the timeslot's No. 1 entertainment series in all categories. It retained more than 95% of its week-ago audience and provided the net with significant gains over last year's 'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.' 'Once' tied Fox's 'The Simpsons' as the No. 1 entertainment series Sunday in 18-49 while topping all dramas, reality shows and comedies in 25-54 (4.4/9); it also achieved a new high in adults 18-34 (3.3/9).

by Anonymousreply 9511/07/2011

It's interesting, I think Goodwin is much more beautiful in the present day sequences than she is when she is actually Snow White.

by Anonymousreply 9611/08/2011

Once is Desperate Housewives in a fairy tale theme. Works for now...

by Anonymousreply 9711/08/2011

Am I alone in finding Regina/the Queen fantastic? I think Lana Parrilla is doing a delicious job of embodying an uber-bitch while hinting at layers of complexity, and perhaps even something sad, beneath the steely surface. Plus I think she is gorgeous.

Waiting to get more backstory on the Sheriff and Ridinghood. I thought the premise was hokey and first, but I just watched last week's episode and they've snared me, hook to sinker.

by Anonymousreply 9811/08/2011

I find Goodwin's ears distracting.

by Anonymousreply 9911/08/2011

Your not alone R98. Lana is terrific. Loved her on SWINGTOWN. Finally she may have landed a show that will last.

by Anonymousreply 10011/08/2011

Grimm's David Giuntoli

gay? straight?

He's adorable!

by Anonymousreply 10111/08/2011

Totally agree, R98. She's fantastic, and I'm really enjoying the varying dynamics between the different women on the show.

I was skeptical of the jumping back and forth from the fairy tale world to modern day at first, but it really works. The transitions remind me of the flashbacks/flash-forwards on "LOST" (which, obviously, makes sense given the series' pedigree).

by Anonymousreply 10211/08/2011

It is interesting that the characters moving this story along, (besides the kid) are all women. The Evil Queen/the Mayor/ Snow (who is shown to not be some simp cleaning midgets houses)Emma all strong females driving the story. Interesting choice to put before Housewives, the shows would have made great back to back shows during DH's prime. Maybe that is why Prince Charming kind of seems dull (though I do think the actor is cute and he does manage to make Charming less of a stiff Disney dream guy.)

I like that while the Evil Queen doesnt have powers in the real world, she makes up for it in manipulating the people around her. What I don't get is if the Evil Queen is so powerful in the Enchanted Forest, why didn't she just change Snow and Charming to statues like she did the gnome or whatever. Did Maleficent get dragged into the real world..would like to see her come to take on the queen

by Anonymousreply 10311/08/2011

I was wondering the same thing about Maleficent, R103. Now, the Evil Queen/ Mayoress is aware of the curse causing this new reality, right? At times I can't tell. Was the Princess that Charming was with when Snow White stopped the carriage and stole the purse supposed to be somebody known...?

by Anonymousreply 10411/08/2011

Next week.. Cinderella joins the cast!

by Anonymousreply 10511/08/2011

I LOVE Once. Grimm needs to pick up the pace. I like it but I feel like R107. Second ep wasn't great.

by Anonymousreply 10811/08/2011

Cinderella joins the fray tonight! And her Prince Charming seems much more interesting and rugged than the somewhat dull Prince with whom Snow's been paired.

by Anonymousreply 10911/13/2011

I just saw Grimm on Friday. Didn't care for it.

by Anonymousreply 11011/13/2011

David Giuntoli is gay.

by Anonymousreply 11111/13/2011

Really? Link? I like Grimm.

by Anonymousreply 11211/13/2011

I thought Grimm was a lot worse this week. It will be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 11311/13/2011

Snow White's hair is beyond hideous.

Seeing Snow as a teacher with the super-short hair makes me realize she is wearing a wig for the flashbacks, whoa, that is a really bad wig.

Enjoy the show. I saw the first Grimm but haven't seen the 2nd or 3rd eps. Good thing they are On Demand.

by Anonymousreply 11411/13/2011

I'm finding "Once" to be kind of ridiculous and silly. The only reason I'm watching is because that queen is hotter than hell and is fabulous in her role. But overall, I find the show kind of boring and really have a hard time buying the whole "fairy tale characters are real" plot.

I hope that they change things up a bit. Maybe make the real evil ones be Snow and the Prince and the Queen more sympathetic. Then it might be more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 11511/13/2011

I like Grimm, but it's bleeding viewers. Think it will be gone soon, and I have NO idea what the goal of the show really is.

Still like Once, but between them wanting us to believe that Emma is 28, and Snow White's ears....

by Anonymousreply 11611/13/2011

They need to keep the blond Hexenbeast woman's trap shut- she sounds like a little girl, which destroys the illusion that she's one of the bad guys.

by Anonymousreply 11711/13/2011

So brave of Robert Carlyle to show his real teeth in playing the creepy Rumpelstiltshit.

by Anonymousreply 11811/13/2011

Didn't they try this long ago with The Charmings? It was hilarious and I loved the Wicked Queen and her gay mirror man, Paul Winfield. It was canceled too.

by Anonymousreply 11911/13/2011

How pretty the two princesses looked at the ball.

It was funny how they did manage to work in a shoe on the stairway.

What the hell is Rumplestiltskin gonna do with a baby? He doesn't seem the fatherly type.

Hire a nanny?

He was probably gonna eat him in the past life (!)

by Anonymousreply 12011/13/2011

I LOVED the scene with the Evil Queen& Malificent ... I could swear that was Suzanne Summers playing Malificent......

by Anonymousreply 12111/14/2011

Dave Giuntoli was straight when he was on Road Rules. During their season he was involved with one of the girls they were travelling with.

by Anonymousreply 12211/14/2011

I think Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold has a racket going where he takes babies away from their rightful mothers and sells them to childless individuals or couples. That's how the Evil Queen/Regina got the kid.

by Anonymousreply 12311/14/2011

Pam from True Blood was Maleficent.

by Anonymousreply 12411/14/2011

Yeah, but how old was he when he was on Road Rules? Lots of "straight" guys have "girlfriends" when they're 19 or 20.

by Anonymousreply 12511/14/2011

Wasn't Alan Dale supposed to play the father and King to the two princes?

by Anonymousreply 12611/14/2011

I'm finding ONCE to be really cheesey. Anyone else hate the costuming? So childish. Almost looks like an old Xena or Hercules episode. And the actors are mostly bland soap opera-ish. Having the Blue Fairy and Grumpy and Red Riding Hood....it just makes my eyes roll eventhough I want to like it.

I like the tone of GRIMM and it's premise a little more. And the lead is ADORABLE. But it is a little draggy. I felt the last episode with the bees actually showed some promise.

I like American Horror Story over both of them.

by Anonymousreply 12711/14/2011

I'm really enjoying "Once upon a Time." Much more so than "Grimm."

by Anonymousreply 12811/14/2011

[quote] Now, the Evil Queen/ Mayoress is aware of the curse causing this new reality, right? At times I can't tell. Was the Princess that Charming was with when Snow White stopped the carriage and stole the purse supposed to be somebody known...?

I think the curse affects the Mayor/Queen too. She doesn't know who she really is - this was all about her being happy, starting over, blank slate. She probably loved the idea of forgetting everything that had happened to her in the fairy tale world.

The woman in the carriage was Charming's fiancee. In the real world, she is the coma patient's estranged wife.

I like the werewolf sidekick in Grimm, ... and that's it. I'm enjoying Once a lot better than I thought I would.

by Anonymousreply 12911/14/2011

I don't think they were married. I think the Queen/mayor and the fiancee are lying about them being married.

by Anonymousreply 13011/14/2011

I was thinking that the Sheriff is the Huntsman from Snow White, but I am beginning to think he is the Wolf from Red Riding Hood. There was all that talk of what a good tracker he is (like a dog would be) and the whole sleeping with the evil queen thing is making me think twice about what his real intentions are.

by Anonymousreply 13111/15/2011

The cute guy loading Ruby/Red Riding car on the tow truck is named "Billy", any fairy tale characters with that name? Billy Goat Gruff?

by Anonymousreply 13211/15/2011

the blind witch must be the one from "Hansel & Gretel"

by Anonymousreply 13311/15/2011

"We sent one of Snow's bluebirds..." I love this kind of stuff. This show is just fun.

by Anonymousreply 13411/15/2011

NBC's Chuck held even at its series low 0.9 adults 18-49 rating, and Grimm was also even with last week at a 1.6 adults 18-49 rating. This is likely a critical result for Grimm. Holding at a 1.6 on an NBC Friday means, at a minimum, a full season order. Had it continued to fall last night, that would have been in question.

by Anonymousreply 13511/19/2011

Grimm was once again, fairly good with the werewolf stealing the show from everyone. That bemused, charmed look on his face when he was looking at the seduction demon was hilarious.

No Once tonight. Foo.

by Anonymousreply 13611/20/2011

Can someone please explain to me HOW so many different jurisdictions had the creatures DNA on file and didn't notice that it wasn't human?

by Anonymousreply 13711/20/2011

Only Grimm forensic scientists can see the difference and you know how hard it is to find one of those.

by Anonymousreply 13811/20/2011

I love "Once Upon A Time", gtreat to see an original idea on TV for a change.

Watched Grimm, was okay, but basically it's "CSI Transylvania"

by Anonymousreply 13911/20/2011

Love the queen on OUaT. Lana Parrilla is fabulous. Robert Carlyle, Josh Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin are also great.

I'm struggling to embrace Jennifer Morrison. She just seems fake in real life. Anyone know anything about her?

by Anonymousreply 14011/20/2011

[quote]Anyone know anything about her?

Used to be engaged to her House co-star Jesse Spencer. Last I heard she was dating Amaury Nolasco (Sucre on Prison Break) but I don't know if they're still together.

by Anonymousreply 14111/20/2011

I have never been a huge Sean Hayes fan but Grimm has turned me into one.

by Anonymousreply 14211/20/2011

The lead in Grimm has weird hair.

It looks fake, or something....

by Anonymousreply 14311/20/2011

Maybe, R143, but I find him inexplicably hot. I think it's the eyes...

by Anonymousreply 14411/21/2011

Morrison is miscast and appears older than the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 14511/21/2011

Per a "your questions answered!" interview with the showrunners in the new Entertainment Weekly (with the "Twilight" cast on the cover), Regina (aka: the Evil Queen) *does* know that she and everyone else are fairy-tale characters stuck in Storybrooke because of the curse she cast.

Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin may or may not know, but the answer will be revealed in an upcoming episode.

by Anonymousreply 14611/21/2011

I don't like Jennifer Morrison either, R145. I'm not sure why she gets so many roles. She's always working.

She does have great chemistry with the queen, however, and I'm not usually one who catches on to subtext.

by Anonymousreply 14711/21/2011

NBC gives "Grimm" a full-season order:

by Anonymousreply 14811/22/2011

r140- She has had a history of hooking up with her on-screen swains (my friend being one of them). I wouldn't be surprised if she does on OUaT. She takes herself very seriously and she's pretty intelligent- she used to be a good actress, but television work has beat if out of her.

My friend was responsible for making her a devout Christian- she and Jesse (whom she left my friend at the altar for) used to have "bible" studies before they announced that they were an item.

She does a mean Mrs. Tammy Holmes- pointed out that KH's acting is basically bobbling her head-now that's all I see whenever KH is onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 14911/24/2011

I prefer Grimm to Once, so far, but we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 15011/24/2011

I have a question about OUaT - WHAT is the evil queen so mad at Snow White for?

I've seen every episode and I must have missed something, but I just don't get the premise this show is based on. It's so contrived and flimsy to base a series that must cost a fortune on.

Yet there's something about it that keeps me watching - probably the little boy and the evil queen.

I may be in the minority but I actually like James. Emma looks more like 38 than 28.

It's ridiculous the way Rumpelstilskin is the all-purpose bad buy.

And for all the money this show must cost in special effects, you'd think they would film the Storybrooke, Maine, settings, in a more atmospheric looking locale.

by Anonymousreply 15111/24/2011

R149, thanks for the info. So she left your friend at the altar for Jesse Spencer then ended their engagement? That doesn't seem very "christian." I'm liking her less and less.

She and Ginny Goodwin are apparently close friends, but Goodwin seems adorable and kind.

by Anonymousreply 15211/24/2011

This critic likes "Grimm" but rips Dave Giuntoli as being a terrible lead for the show:

by Anonymousreply 15311/25/2011

R151, I like to pretend the Evil Queen was actually in love with Snow White, and is brokenheartedly furious that they can never be together. So, in an "if I can't have you, no one can!" way, she's exacting revenge.

There's some weird sexual tension/HoYay!* when you watch their characters' modern-day, Storybrooke interactions. Watch for it in this Sunday's new episode -- every now and again, when they go toe to toe, it's almost like they're about to make out.

Putting their relationship into this context makes watching the show even more interesting and fun.

[*HoYay! = homoeroticism, yay!, a holdover from the days when I used to read Television Without Pity.]

by Anonymousreply 15411/25/2011

You see attraction between the Evil Queen and Snow White, R146? I'm not seeing that as much as the sexual tension between Regina and Emma. I expect those actresses to jump each other soon.

by Anonymousreply 15511/25/2011

R154, you might want to watch the show instead of just reading hoyay recaps and watching fanvids or whatever. As R155 pointed out, it's Emma and the Evil Queen who look like they're about to jump each other all the time. There's hardly been any interaction between the Evil Queen and Snow White.

I'm hoping they get trapped together in that cave on Sunday and have to cuddle for warmth.

by Anonymousreply 15611/26/2011

This was the first episode where I really felt bored and wondered how much potential this concept has for a long term run.

First of all, the plotlines in Storybrooke have absolutely no forward momentum. Every single week it's Henry talking about the curse, the adults saying they don't believe him, and the mayor threatening people. Lather, rinse, repeat. The show has only been on a month and it's already feeling stale. Not to mention the idea of a small town mayor being that powerful is ridiculous (I couldn't even name the mayor in most of the towns I've lived in) but the show treats her as if she's a North Korean dictator. Give me a break.

The stuff in the fairy tale land is more interesting, but it's essentially a fairy tale procedural where every week focuses on a different character and the events have absolutely no effect on what happens the following week. And unlike Lost where the flashbacks informed what happened on the island, the flashbacks here are meaningless since even the characters themselves don't remember them.

by Anonymousreply 15711/28/2011

The flashbacks on Lost were meaningless too. All of Lost was meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 15811/28/2011

R157, I couldn't disagree more.The flashbacks absolutely inform what happens in the present. We are seeing how those people got to their "happy ever after" existence that the Queen took away, and in the present, the same thing has to happen to each character to return them to their happiness and break the curse. And R151, Snow White killed the Evil Queen's true love. It has been mentioned several times and was corroborated by Snow White when she admitted it was true to the Prince in their back-story episode, we just haven't seen exactly what happened yet.

by Anonymousreply 16011/28/2011

Yes, the Mayor is all powerful as Regina designed it that way, her happily ever after is to have all of the citizens of the forest/Storybrook under her thumb (it seems that after the Snow White incident she was demoted from being Queen and just became the Evil Pain IN the Ass every tried to ignore) and denied their own happy endings. The town is basically cut off from the rest of the world and exists in its own reality. The only one who could leave was the kid, and this is because he was born in the real world, and when Emma arrived it seems she was the only person from the real world to walk into Storybrook, as the town has been suspended in time until Emma started the clock again..(and yes, I cant believe I know all this and love this stupid ass show!)

I just feel sorry for Regina, who despite her past and curing everyone, seems to be running the town well, everyone seems employed and the streets are clean and no crime...despite her bitchiness I would vote for her.

And yea, Emma and Regina have some sizzling antogonistic chemistry!

by Anonymousreply 16111/29/2011

Another vote for the Henry's two Moms! Make my wish come true!

by Anonymousreply 16211/29/2011

R157, I don't see this becoming a multi-year series either, but I disagree with you on the rest.

[quote] First of all, the plotlines in Storybrooke have absolutely no forward momentum. Every single week it's Henry talking about the curse, the adults saying they don't believe him, and the mayor threatening people. Lather, rinse, repeat. The show has only been on a month and it's already feeling stale.

Emma's arrival is changing the characters' actions and lives. The town has been stuck in a Twilight Zone where nobody notices things like how Cinderella/ASHley has been pregnant for 28 years and no-one ages (apart from born-outside-the-Twilight-Zone Henry) and no-one can remember how/when the Mayor became the Mayor. Now people are beginning to wake up a little at a time and think for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 16311/29/2011

[quote] Snow White killed the Evil Queen's true love. It has been mentioned several times and was corroborated by Snow White when she admitted it was true to the Prince in their back-story episode, we just haven't seen exactly what happened yet.

I don't remember this. Snow admitted she destroyed the Queen's life or something; nothing about being a killer.

by Anonymousreply 16411/29/2011

I love the way you think, R161. You articulate my thoughts much better than I can.

by Anonymousreply 16511/29/2011

I actually felt like slapping the dumb little boy for the first time since the show began.

Stupid brat. I know they needed a reason for Jiminy to go after him but he got on my nerves with this latest episode. Those puppets were beyond scary. Yuck.

I finally caught up with all the Grimm episodes. It's okay. I really do like the werewolf dude, he is funny and sweet and multi-talented.

Love that actor, he is the only saving grace. Keep thinking of Brandon Routh when I watch the lead and think that maybe Tom would have been better in the role.

by Anonymousreply 16611/30/2011

Oops R164, you are correct, she says she ruined the Queen's life, I was projecting something the Queen said earlier.

by Anonymousreply 16711/30/2011

Thanks 165!

And while I love this show I agree, I don't know how they can make it work for the long haul, but I never thought I would be into a show about fairy tale characters! I do wish American TV would run one season shows so we dont have to see our faves go down the tubes.

I would love to see a show about the transition from the Enchanted Forest to Storybrook, through the Queens' eyes. Did the curse create all the buildings, clothes (I love Regina's spotless white and black color scheme house.) Why does the rest of the world not notice Storybrooke. Are there any TVs or radios?

I think the confusion is that Snow said she ruined the Queen's life, and the Queen told Rumple, when he told her she would have to sacrifice the thing she love the most, "You know I already lost that!" So, was it a man, or a kid? Was the Queen pregnant and somehow lost it because of Snow? Also, the Queen knows who she is, but does she have any powers in Storybrook (I wouldnt call it the real world as it really isnt part of it) and does the Queen really love that kid ( I have to say, for being an Evil Queen, she is very lenient on the kid, if I talked that way to my mom I would have been smacked around.)

I love that we don

by Anonymousreply 16811/30/2011

There hasn't been any explanation for why Regina adopted Henry since she doesn't seem particularly maternal. Maybe if Snow White caused her to lose her child she adopted Henry knowing he was Snow's descendant?

But there really hasn't been any indication that Regina knows about the curse, has there? There was a slight hint this week with the glass, but that was pretty ambiguous.

by Anonymousreply 16911/30/2011

They are both fine shows, and each deserves its own DL thread.

by Anonymousreply 17011/30/2011

The writers in interviews said the Queen knows about the curse, but besides that, there have been hints such as her concern over the clock moving again, her dropping the glass (which was from Snow's coffin) the fact that she has the troll she turned into concrete in her garden, telling Jimmy she would "crush him like a bug," etc. There are pages ripped out of the book the kid has so someone had to do it, but what to the pages say (I think its about Snows baby being the key to the curse being lifted.)

The hate Regina has for Snow has to be more then her mirror telling her that Snow was prettier, cause Regina is smoking hot working that blazer and turtle neck...no way would she be intimidated by big ears Snow!!!

by Anonymousreply 17111/30/2011

Wasn't the evil Queen's dad named Henry?

by Anonymousreply 17211/30/2011

Yes, R172.

by Anonymousreply 17311/30/2011

[quote]My question is, this is the worst curse she could think of, making everyone forget who they are to live in a nicely kept Mass. town for the rest of their lives? It wasn't like the Enchanted Forest was a day at the beach with its Evil Queens, Maleficent, other witches, gnomes, murderous trolls,etc.

It would be an interesting story line for the show if some of the characters prefer the safe and tidy Storyville (with its indoor plumbing) to going back to their real world with its dangers and evil characters.

It is a line that would challenge the audience. Are they happy with the unseen evils of the Patriot Act and other lost civil liberties, so they can have a nice forgetful life on their cul-de-sac?

by Anonymousreply 17411/30/2011

"It is a line that would challenge the audience. Are they happy with the unseen evils of the Patriot Act and other lost civil liberties, so they can have a nice forgetful life on their cul-de-sac?"

I like that idea, and something I had never thought of, especially since I would much prefer life in Storybrook, where you never age, its always sunny, the streets are clean, to taking a chance in the Enchanted Forest, which, less face it, unless you are Snow and Charming, is pretty rough, what with Rumple turning people into scary puppets (and did they have to make the puppets look like they were in so much pain and so frightened??) I mean Regina has an attitude but its not THAT bad (which leads me to believe the Queen would have been a benevolent dictator if Snow hadn't ruined it.)Especailly since it seems she is powerless so she has pretty much lost her fangs.

by Anonymousreply 17511/30/2011

I noticed for the first time in the introduction that they actually SAY the mayor is the only one aware. I can't go back and check but it was very clear and I do not remember hearing it before.

Hey R161, Mussolini's great claim was making the trains run on time.

by Anonymousreply 17611/30/2011

The guy who stars in GRIMM is so incredibly good looking that I'd watch him sweep sidewalks for an hour. Beautiful blue eyes set against creamy skin and jet black thick hair. Gorgeous - just my type. THey do a lot of close-ups because they know his face sells the show, just as they did years ago with Ben Crowder on FARSCAPE. So many close-ups of that manly beautiful face! Plot? Oh, are such shows supposed to have a plot? I didn't notice....

by Anonymousreply 17711/30/2011

Yes, 176, I know and I see your point. However Mussolini didn't look smoking hot in a turtle neck or have sizzling lesbo chemistry with her nemesis! She is keeping the streets clean, stopping the aging process and looks hot...I'd vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 17811/30/2011

R168, I'm looking forward to getting those questions answered and more! I can see the show going three or so seasons if it's paced appropriately. I worry about too much focus on one-time or come-and-go characters like Cinderella.

I really like Robert Carlyle, but a little of Rumpelstiltskin goes a long way. Emma also doesn't do much for me, maybe because I've always found Jennifer Morrison a bit lacking.

Ginnifer Goodwin has been wonderful and in two roles very different from Big Love. Josh Dallas has been great as well.

Lana Parrilla has been a revelation. I find myself watching her even when she's in the background of a scene. She has great chemistry with everybody in the cast. I'm kind of hoping the mayor ends up redeeming herself in the end.

by Anonymousreply 17911/30/2011

179, it is kind of odd, as the Mayor/Queen should be the most over the top, cartoon character on the show, and I think the actress has fleshed her out quite well. She is over the top as the Evil Queen but the bitch is on a revenge trip so she is half crazy by that time. Her Mayor is more quiet, a stealth bitch, and scarier, and has more shades to her. I love how she manipulates everyone and everything around her. I think the key to lifting the curse will be the Queen's redemption. It was her anger hurt and hate that created the curse and the new reality, so if that goes away? I can't understand why Charming doesnt think Regina is one hot piece of ass and forget big ears?

by Anonymousreply 18012/01/2011

I guess I'm the only one not digging Parrilla. I think she's chewing the scenery and not in a campy/fun way like Jessica Lange on American Horror Story. I find myself rolling my eyes at her over the top bitchiness.

by Anonymousreply 18112/01/2011

I'm the opposite, R181. While I generally like Jessica Lange, sometimes she's just too much on AHS. There always seems to be something going on behind Parrilla's eyes that adds depth to the mayor.

by Anonymousreply 18212/01/2011

[quote] and does the Queen really love that kid

She doesn't. In the pilot, Emma used her super-lie-detecting-power when she asked the Mayor if she loved Henry.

[quote] There are pages ripped out of the book the kid has so someone had to do it, but what to the pages say (I think its about Snows baby being the key to the curse being lifted.)

Yes that's what the pages said, Emma burned them.

[quote] There hasn't been any explanation for why Regina adopted Henry since she doesn't seem particularly maternal. Maybe if Snow White caused her to lose her child she adopted Henry knowing he was Snow's descendant?

Doesn't seem like the Mayor knows that Emma is Snow's daughter. She was interrogating the antique dealer/Rumpy about where/why he got her Henry.

That's why it's hard for me to understand how she hasn't figured out that Emma is the problem. Rumpy already told the Queen that Snow's baby is the only way to break the curse, and Emma comes to town and suddenly everything starts changing.

by Anonymousreply 18312/01/2011

She asks the mirror about her in the next episode.

by Anonymousreply 18412/01/2011

I'm not convinced in Emma's "super power." She didn't know when Archie was lying to her about Henry's file. She didn't realize Rumpel was setting her up in that she owes him one. The EQ loves Henry. Whether she is able to love him like a normal person loves a child, I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 18512/01/2011

Turns out the hypothetical Emma + Regina/Evil Queen romantic pairing has a name amongst the growing number of viewers picking up on the curious chemistry:

Swan Queen.

As in, "I totally want Swan Queen to happen."

by Anonymousreply 18612/03/2011

Just caught up with Grimm. It's cute, but reminds me a lot of Kolchak with a bit of Buffy thrown in. The lead is handsome but bland, and I swear to God every time his girlfriend came on the screen I didn't know who she was. She doesn't register at all. I feel like it needs more of a backstory, a mythology, for me to get involved. Otherwise it's just another cop show, although the werewolf is a great character.

by Anonymousreply 18712/04/2011

No comments from last night? I liked the episode, as Josh Dallas is a doll, but Emma continues to bug. Regina got a friend, and Mary Margaret got her heart broken.

by Anonymousreply 18812/05/2011

[quote] I feel like it needs more of a backstory, a mythology, for me to get involved.

Yeah, I don't understand the world of Grimm. Don't know what kind of thing the police captain is, or the blond lady lawyer and I'm not really interested in finding out the rules.

On Once, did Regina plan that last bit with Mr. Gold/Rumpy and the windmill? What Henry said made sense to me, Charming was in an in-between state where he didn't remember his old fairy tale life, and he also didn't have the new fake memories. So I don't understand what happened at the end.

by Anonymousreply 18912/06/2011

Yes, Regina intentionally misdirected him to Gold's shop.

There are two theories:

1) Seeing the unicorn mobile (his daughter Emma's) started to re-establish memories from Fairytale Land. That allowed the curse to take hold and imprint the false memories.

2) Gold more than once encouraged David to look at the unicorn mobile. He instead was captivated by the windmill, which was enchanted with the false memories. Had he looked at the mobile, his real memories would have re-emerged.

by Anonymousreply 19112/06/2011

Thanks for the responses. Just wanted to add, I meant: did the Queen plan it with Rumpy. I couldn't tell if the two of them were working together to set up David. I know she did. But I'm unclear on exactly what her plan was.

I've wondered about some of the items in the antique store, especially the scary dolls, if they can be changed back into Gepetto's parents. For some reason, I thought only people could be transferred to Storybrooke and that the dolls and the gnome were then still people. But now with R191's unicorn mobile and Snow's/Mary Margaret's ring making it through, I'm a little confused. I still liked the episode, though.

by Anonymousreply 19212/06/2011

so which one is better

by Anonymousreply 19312/06/2011

I so hate to this, but I am highjacking this thread to ask someone to start a thread for me ... I am looking for a replica of the Hans Christian Andersen statue that sits outside City Hall in Copenhagen for a Christmas gift. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 19412/06/2011

Try google, r194. That's what it's for - not this thread.

by Anonymousreply 19512/06/2011

I can't stand the actress playing the blonde bitchy wife of the Prince, in either of her incarnations.

I hope she's the one who gets killed.

by Anonymousreply 19612/06/2011

I agree about Parilla - liking her - she has just the very slightest layer of humanity in there, in relationship to Henry - she's playing her as a very complex character.

by Anonymousreply 19712/06/2011

Parilla could definitely be the breakout actor of the TV season. Her Evil Queen is a star-making role, if she plays her cards right.

As for what the Evil Queen has against Snow White, it would be interesting if it revolves around the Huntsman, getting the jump on what looks to be the upcoming dreadful film imaginatively titled "Snow White and the Huntsman." The if the Huntsman is Storeybrook's skinny-jean clad sheriff, that could make sense.

Also, remember that the Grimm's EQ is also Snow White's evil stepmother, so perhaps there's some sort Oedipal struggle there with dear old dad. I love that Parilla seems to be making a character so overdetermined to be evil into a feminist antihero. If this really is her redemption story, yay! for postmodern reinterpretation, and fuck you, misogynist Grimms! Anyone think Disney has the wits to do something even that clever yet obvious?

by Anonymousreply 19812/06/2011

[quote]she has just the very slightest layer of humanity in there

Totally agree, and I think that's what's making people love the character so much. That moment where the fake blonde wife (Catherine?) told Regina she had a friend, there was this fleeting glimmer of emotion across Regina's face. Subtle but wonderful. Credit to Parrilla for the layers.

by Anonymousreply 19912/06/2011

I loved that, R199. She looked so wistful and hopeful, all in a mere instant. This coming Sunday, we get the Evil Queen back. We haven't seen her in a while.

by Anonymousreply 20012/06/2011

Ratings for OUAT have been dropping steadily over the past two weeks.

This past Sunday was the first episode where ratings dropped during the episode. It was also the first week that Amazing Race beat the show in total viewers.

by Anonymousreply 20112/06/2011

They've been focusing on the back stories of their most pallid characters - ratings will suffer. Even my kid notices and complains.

by Anonymousreply 20212/06/2011

Wow, you're really reading alot into it, r198.

by Anonymousreply 20312/06/2011

The show does suffer when they focus on the background characters, but more importantly when the struggle between the Evil Queen/Regina and Emma is pushed to the side. Sundays story would have been stronger if they somehow tied the EQ into the Charming story.

Interesting that the Evil Queen seems to be starting to become more "human," now that the clock has started and Storybrook is, I would think absorbed, into the "real world." Will be interesting to see once they go back to the Enchanted Forest what the EQ will act like. Do we know if she has any powers in Storybrook?

by Anonymousreply 20412/06/2011

r195, thanks for laying down the law, but I did try google. Can't seem to find the right keywords to narrow it down. I keep ending up finding material on the actual statue. There is a replica at a Copenhagen gift shop, but I was hoping to find something more local and easier to obtain in time for the holidays. I just thought maybe someone on this board - with its diversity of members - may know something. Never hurts to ask.

by Anonymousreply 20512/06/2011

Isn't that what fairy tales are for, R203?

by Anonymousreply 20612/06/2011

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -G. K. Chesterton

by Anonymousreply 20712/06/2011

Further to R204's point, I find the character of Prince Charming to be woefully dull, especially when compared to more dynamic characters like the EQ and Rumplestiltskin. Even Emma and Snow/Mary Margaret have more oomph and are more compelling. When I saw that this week's episode would be all about his back story, I knew it would likely be boring. (And, IMO, it was.)

I think Prince Charming would have been far more interesting had they cast someone else in that role.

by Anonymousreply 20812/06/2011

I think we'll see much more of Charming/Snow White's story. They're huge on blogs. (I prefer EQ, but to each her own.)

by Anonymousreply 20912/06/2011

What a great quote, R207.

I thought it was a teeny, tiny bit lame that the prince would have a twin brother, way too convenient.

So just when Snow attacked the carriage was when that bitch and Charming had just gotten together. What is her problem?

I thought King Midas was cool, too.

Damn Rumpy is everywhere. Children do seem to be his currency.

by Anonymousreply 21012/07/2011

I think the Charming actor is attractive and clean cut, and not a steroided out "hunk," but I do agree that maybe they could have made him more, I don't know, rough and tough, while still able to be the charming. Sunday's show was a good example of this. The first brother was brought up in the castle, but the other brother was brought up on the farm, so he should have been more earthy and tough. The show could have shown the king's people teaching him to be a prince, while he still retains his earthy persona. Okay, thought too much about this.

Is there any Regina/Emma fanfic out there yet. Forget Snow and Charming, those two are way hotter!

by Anonymousreply 21112/07/2011

R211, there are a couple of stories on fanfiction.net. A lot of teeny-boppers write on that site but there are a few good ones mixed in once in a while.

Passion & Perfection (www.ralst.com) doesn't have anything up yet but I expect the next update will have some or maybe even a lot if there's a backlog with the postings.

by Anonymousreply 21212/08/2011

What did Henry find a piece of down in the mine?They showed something briefly when Regina dropped it down the mine shaft but I could'nt tell what it was.

by Anonymousreply 21312/08/2011

Two episodes of GRIMM this week. Tonight(Thursday) and tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 21412/08/2011

[quote]What did Henry find a piece of down in the mine?They showed something briefly when Regina dropped it down the mine shaft but I could'nt tell what it was.

Snow White's glass coffin.

by Anonymousreply 21512/08/2011

Which must mean there is a closer connection with the Enchanted Forest to our world. I thought it was more of a different dimension but how could actual things from the EF be transported to SB? Do the tunnels connect to the EF? Unfortunatley the show will probably be cancelled before these things are explained.

by Anonymousreply 21612/08/2011

Grimm got shit ratings on Thursday night.

Maybe Prime Suspect wasn't such a bad show, and Thursday nights are just a dead zone for NBC?

by Anonymousreply 21712/09/2011

Grimm's ok but I've seen better. If I catch it, I'll watch but I won't make it a point. The werewolf's hilarious.

Once....had potential despite it being somewhat cheesy but it's running my patience thin. Ok, past that. I'm basically fed up but I'm trying to give it a decent chance by giving it to episode 14 to actually do something productive in the overall series plot and for Christ's sake can the over the top angst already and just get Snow White & Prince Charming back together again already. They'll have more than enough problems with breaking the curse since them getting back together can't be the majority of the curse breaking or that curse is more lame than most viewers do or should think it already is. The curse itself, at this point, is so tremendously lame its pathetic. And, the obvious David & Goliath "chosen one" only hope savior thing concerning Emma?? Please! If that curse is so powerful, it's going to take more than just her to break that thing. She's going to need some heavy duty, hard hitting back up that they haven't introduced yet and they better start introducing and setting those helpers or at least helper up like yesterday. The way that show's going, it's NOT going to get another season if they don't speed things up and actually get the main plot flowing more easily and steadily QUICK. I'd rather have a show that only lasts a couple of seasons with a great plot than another Lost.

by Anonymousreply 21812/09/2011

Wow, talk about Grumpy, r218.

I love ONCE and all the journeys it's taking us on. Even liked the back story on the Prince - and although he's adorable and delicious, have to agree he's not the most interesting actor on the show.

The only thing that bothers me is the bit of Disney cuteness that's creeping in - Pongo the dalmatian? That's not even a real fairytale. It's just a Disney cartoon.

by Anonymousreply 21912/09/2011

I don't think [R218] was Grumpy at all. Could have been stated a little better but was spot in actually content. They brought up A LOT of valid points. I think it has a lot to do with the format of the storytelling. It's not the best way of storytelling. The premise is, honestly, flimsy to put it nicely. There's a request to suspend disbelief when one deals in fairytales but OUaT does ask viewers to suspend too much disbelief a lot of the time. It's jarring. The first question they should have answered was why the Evil Queen cast that curse. What could have Snow White could have possibly done that warranted going that far. The answer to that question should have & still should be one hell of a good one to call for such a curse. And, not some reason about Snow White being prettier than her or thinking Snow White is responsible the death of someone she loved so much. If not, than it makes the Evil Queen just a lame, one dimensional incarnation of evil. Those reasons don't warrant what the Evil Queen did. Then there's the real world aspect that's the most jarring. They live in our world but there's no references to modern world culture. They have the internet, TV, etc but no references and Lost references or Disney references don't count. The Queen cursed them to our world yet they don't abide by the real world rules because, let's face it. The Evil Queen still wouldn't be Mayor! Saying it's all because it's the curse doesn't cut it. It all can be summed up to if someone can ignore the blindly obvious tossing out of any connection to reality whatsoever, than they can enjoy it. But if someone needs the story where it takes at least a little bit of research to call BS on something as reality, than they won't. Those people need a little more effort on the writers part to cast the spell on them and draw them in. Pun not intended.

by Anonymousreply 22012/10/2011

R220

See your point. The fairytale side of things isn't the problem with the suspension of disbelief since it is after all fairytale. Any person immediately just throws reality right out the window during those times. It is the real world, OUR world, side where I can see people having a problem with for the most part & the lack of explanation from the beginning as to why the curse was enacted to start with. Also, what R218 said, Emma being the sole savior could raise questions for some given what has been revealed about it & how much it has been stressed how powerful the curse is. One person wouldn't be able to save everyone just by themselves nor the regaining of the characters memories nor the reunion of Snow White & Prince Charming if said curse was as powerful as it's been lauded to be. It doesn't make any sense & I can see how, for some, it would be too much to ask for them to continue to suspend their disbelief enough in order to continue to enjoy the show. It doesn't make those people sticks in the mud but rather they just need more of a connection to reality & for it to feel more like they could have say neighbors like the characters in the show for them to really enjoy the fantasy element. It's not that they don't like fairytales it's when it's still depicted in such a fantastical way, it's a 1,000 harder for the message of the show to get through to them since it has less of a connection to the real world. Fairytales stay just over the top idealistic fodder to them instead of how maybe fairytales can be real in essence not in the literal; that people can have a "happy ever after."

by Anonymousreply 22112/10/2011

How amusing that grumpy r218 is defending himself at r220, and then telling himself that he sees his point at r221.

Fun!

by Anonymousreply 22212/10/2011

Who cares? Both shows suck. Enough said.

by Anonymousreply 22312/10/2011

Jeez you people are impatient....they've had what, 6 episodes, and presumably many years of shows to do? If you knew everything there is to know about the show now, what in the hell would they do for the rest of the time? How about letting them tell the story and giving you the information you need to know when you need to know it.

by Anonymousreply 22412/10/2011

I enjoy both shows.

by Anonymousreply 22512/10/2011

They're both TV shows. I don't expect much from TV shows anymore in the plot department. I can watch them both or leave either them. Neither one didn't & hasn't disappointed me b/c I didn't expect much from either of them from the get go.

by Anonymousreply 22612/10/2011

Ooh, you're a little nutsy-cuckoo, r226 etc. Is your name Sybil, by any chance? Or Nicki Smith?

by Anonymousreply 22712/10/2011

R226, have you really not figured out that we can tell which posts you post by turning them bright fucking yellow? What a loon!

As was said, they're only about six or so episodes into the series. If you want the conflicts to already start resolvng themselves, you need to get some counseling to improve your impulse control. I mean, really, have you ever even read a book or do you just do graphic "novels"?

And, hm, where oh where will Emma get all those people the loon thinks she needs to fight the curse? Hmm. Let's think real hard. I wonder if any of these, ya know, characters on the show might help her out as they regain their memories?

by Anonymousreply 22812/11/2011

Lana Parrilla owns this show. Watch out, she is going to win an Emmy for her performance.

by Anonymousreply 22912/11/2011

We haven't had someone talk to themselves in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 23012/11/2011

Love Parrilla but they're probably already engraving Lange's name on the Emmy. She's also great, and her role is much more showy and campy, which Emmy voters love.

The critics rave about Robert Carlyle's performance, and while he is very good, I get annoyed when Rumple is on the screen too much. He's too over the top, too cartoony.

I really think Morrison's lack of charisma is a long term problem for the show.

by Anonymousreply 23112/11/2011

I like Jennifer Morrison.

by Anonymousreply 23212/11/2011

She may be likable, but she's boring.

by Anonymousreply 23312/11/2011

Loved tonight's episode! But did they really kill off the huntsman/sheriff for good, just when he was getting interesting? Not to mention the male eye-candy quotient just dropped precipitously.

They really ought to capitalize more on the sexual tension between the Mayoress and Emma. The bitch-fight tonight got close, but they could take it so much further. This show is trading fairytales for some serious camp potential.

by Anonymousreply 23412/11/2011

I thought tonight's episode was great, too, R234. Very well written and acted.

Btw, am I the only one who thinks the actress who plays Snow White is almost a dead ringer for Cindy Williams in her "L&S" days? (But only in the modern-day scenes when she has short hair, not the fairy-tale world scenes when she has on the long wig.)

by Anonymousreply 23512/12/2011

[quote]Loved tonight's episode! But did they really kill off the huntsman/sheriff for good, just when he was getting interesting?

He'd only have to be dead in the modern day world. He could keep showing up in the fairytale land, although his role there seemed somewhat limited to the action in this episode. Is that movie 'Snow White and the Huntsman' a Disney production? If not, that's probably a good reason for them to kill him off. No free referential advertising for another studio's movie.

I really liked tonight's episode but I liked the previews even more. It was almost all Swan Queen in nature. I guess the producers have picked up on the chatter out there, huh?

I was hoping they had the Evil Queen reconsider crushing his heart completely. I want her to be redeemable in the end and if she keeps doing things like that, that's going to be a hard trick to pull off.

by Anonymousreply 23612/12/2011

I couldn't decide who was hotter: the anguished sheriff or the decked-out Evil Queen. That's a whole lot of sexy there.

by Anonymousreply 23712/12/2011

I wonder who else's hearts she has in those boxes.

by Anonymousreply 23812/12/2011

ginnifer goodwin, is gorgeous, I dont see how anyone wouldnt notice that... no she's not bombshell pretty shes classic, round face, sweet and innocent beautiful. i think her looks are perfect for snow white

by Anonymousreply 23912/12/2011

Shit will someone please separate these threads? I'm only watching OUAT and not Grimm, and I'm having a hard time keeping all the queens straight (evil and otherwise).

by Anonymousreply 24012/12/2011

Nobody wants to talk about how fine and fierce the Evil Queen looked in this last episode?

by Anonymousreply 24112/15/2011

R241, I'm too busy watching all the shows she's ever been in on DVD to soak in her hotness between Sundays.

I think she looks hot in her Storybrooke incarnation but that red outfit she was wearing in the castle at one point was hot as hell.

by Anonymousreply 24212/16/2011

R242, I only have a couple episodes left of Swingtown. I'm trying to stretch it out.

What else do you recommend, Miami Medical? Boomtown?

by Anonymousreply 24312/16/2011

I can't believe they killed off the hottest guy on the show! Damn!

by Anonymousreply 24412/16/2011

I'm in total lust with The Huntsman. Any chance he'll be back?

by Anonymousreply 24512/16/2011

R239, I agree. GG was meant to play Snow White. BTW, she, Lana, and Jennifer are all around the same age, but GG looks a decade younger.

by Anonymousreply 24612/16/2011

Any gossip on Dave Giuntoli's rumored gayness?

by Anonymousreply 24712/16/2011

The Evil Queen was looking hot..."The time for morning is over." "I started wearing black and it stuck!"

I do think we will see her redemption, she crushed the heart out of pain for loosing someone she cared about, even if it was only sexual...and she looked conflicted in doing so. The EQ would have done that and gone out for a cocktail with Maleficient. I take it that since the clock has started, the town is slowly merging into "reality," and I think not only are the other characters waking up, but so is Regina, having to deal with human emotions and pain. I think that eventually she will become more and more human just as she becomes more and more desperate to protect her curse and her power. An interesting conflict right there.

And yea, who can't love a cat fight in a cemetery??? Camp heaven and I was just hoping for Emma's top to pop open and Regina reach for her chest to get her heart but grab a breast and....

by Anonymousreply 24812/17/2011

R243, I'm about half way through Boomtown and it's really good and she'd gorgeous in it. And, she plays a heart-of-gold paramedic...who could resist that? I did see an early movie of her's called Spiders. The movie was okay but, again, she looks good. She's very young though so still has the pudgy cheeks of youth. In the end, she ends up dangling by a rope from a helicopter in a tank top holding a bazooka facing off against a giant spider...again, sho could resist that?!

[quote]I think not only are the other characters waking up, but so is Regina, having to deal with human emotions and pain. I think that eventually she will become more and more human just as she becomes more and more desperate to protect her curse and her power. An interesting conflict right there.

And, that redemption comes from her falling madly in love with her archnemesis' daughter, Ms. Swan, right?

"...and Henry had two mommies and they all lived happily ever after. The end."

by Anonymousreply 24912/17/2011

Thanks, R249, I might order Boomtown and Miami Medical (she looks really pretty in the screen grabs from that one).

R248, I love your theory. I'm going to be very disappointed if the series ends with no recognition and regret for her deeds from the EQ. If they just kill her off, the ending will be flawed, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 25012/17/2011

For R247:

by Anonymousreply 25112/17/2011

More:

by Anonymousreply 25212/17/2011

Gaaaayy....

by Anonymousreply 25312/17/2011

HOT!

by Anonymousreply 25412/17/2011

Kissing a guy:

by Anonymousreply 25512/17/2011

And more:

by Anonymousreply 25612/17/2011

That guy from Grimm is not that hot. Plus, he's a bad actor and his show sucks.

Now, back to the evil Queen...

by Anonymousreply 25712/18/2011

Wrong on all counts, R257.

by Anonymousreply 25812/18/2011

Anyone else catch the Grimm episode with the horny goat man?

by Anonymousreply 25912/18/2011

Not to suggest he isn't really gay, but aren't those links just stills from when he was on Road Rules? (Not sure about the link at R255, though, which I assume is from some movie.)

by Anonymousreply 26012/18/2011

R255 is a still from an episode of Grey's Anatomy when Giuntoli played a gay service man.

by Anonymousreply 26112/18/2011

Has anyone mentioned the portrait that serves as a production logo at the end of Grimm? It's two guys hugging--in a gay way as opposed to a straight way.

I think that's kind of cool.

by Anonymousreply 26212/18/2011

Tonight's episode of "Once Upon a Time" is a re-run.

by Anonymousreply 26312/18/2011

Giuntoli is gay, gay, gay.

by Anonymousreply 26412/18/2011

Since we presumably will still see the Huntsman in the past, I'm hoping the Evil Queen's big heartbreak is that she discovered the Huntsman fucking Prince Charming.

by Anonymousreply 26512/18/2011

R262, I've noticed it for the past two episodes.

by Anonymousreply 26612/18/2011

Link to the logo?

by Anonymousreply 26712/18/2011

I have to admit I am loving the idea of Regina and Emma as a couple but that'll never happen.

Ratings were up for the latest episode, it should get a season 2.

by Anonymousreply 26801/10/2012

Rumplestiltskins backstory was interesting.

I wonder what happened to his son.

by Anonymousreply 26901/11/2012

R268, the Evil Queen finds redemption by falling in love with Snow White's daughter and having her fall in love right back...that's how I'm going to see if whether they do it or not. And, since I'm sure they won't, there is plenty of fanfic out there to correct the powers that be's inevitable mistake.

In reality, as far as the show is concerned, I do wonder if, eventually, they will have Emma and Regina form an alliance against Mr. Gold? The enemy of my enemy is my friend, ya know.

Plus, did you see that smile Regina threw Emma's way after giving her the badge. I'm sure it was meant to be all evil-y but it was really just hot as hell. She was totally flirting with her.

by Anonymousreply 27001/11/2012

r270, yes! My thoughts exactly. I also wondered whether those two will team up against Gold. Even Henry said that he was worse than Regina.

I would LOVE Swan Queen (love the ship name) to happen because I'm sure most expect Regina/EQ to be killed in some final showdown or redeem herself by sacrificing her life (like HG Wells from Warehouse 13 but that's another thread.)

I thought this was an interesting read by a fan on tumblr - the similarities between Charming/Snow White and Regina/Emma.

Lana Parrilla certainly knows about the Swan Queen ship - she received a drawing of Regina and Emma kissing and saved it to her favorites!

I also find it curious why Jennifer Morrison does not follow her on twitter. I wonder if they get along.

by Anonymousreply 27101/11/2012

R271, in a recent interview, Parrilla said they get along great. She was talking about the fight scene where they both were throwing punches. I guess Lana has a boxing background and she talked about how athletic Morrison is, so the fight scene was fun with no wimpy slapping and hair pulling.

And, just to put this out there...does Lana Parrilla ping for anyone else? I don't just mean as the Evil Queen hot for Emma, but in all her roles. I think she pinged in Boomtown and she definitely pinged in the movie Spiders, white tank top and all. I haven't seen her in any real life interviews, so I don't know if she pings in real life or just when she's acting.

by Anonymousreply 27201/11/2012

R271, can you link the drawing?

by Anonymousreply 27301/11/2012

Jamie Dornan. If your browser scales it down, be sure to embiggen it; he's worth!

by Anonymousreply 27401/11/2012

R274... wow. ME WANT!

by Anonymousreply 27501/11/2012

He's got really weird nipples. In that pic, the entire center of him looks like the fetal face of a frog with the nips as the eyes and the belly button as the mouth.

by Anonymousreply 27601/13/2012

One miiiilion dollars to the first person to find a similar shot of Lana Parrilla!

by Anonymousreply 27701/13/2012

Lana Parrilla is a guest on "Live With Kelly" this morning (Friday)!

by Anonymousreply 27801/13/2012

And later on the Chew, R278. Parrilla has given a dozen or so interviews with various magazines and online sites in the past week and now she's doing a couple TV interviews today. That's more than she's done total since the start of the show when all the cast members were on a media blitz.

I wonder why the show's PR folks are having Parrilla do so many interviews now. I haven't seen much from Goodwin aside from her and Morrison's awkward appears on the People's Choice Awards.

by Anonymousreply 27901/13/2012

Here you go, r273.

r272, Lana revealed in an interview she met some guy in Vancouver so she's got a boyfriend. She does follow @gaycivilrights on twitter...

r279, maybe TPTB have done research and this media blitz could be an indication of her character's popularity? She's pretty much the main reason I started, and continue, to watch...

by Anonymousreply 28001/13/2012

Thanks, R280! I love it!

by Anonymousreply 28101/14/2012

Lana was hot as hell on the Chew and Live with Kelly. She was funny, fit and fabulous. I think I love her.

by Anonymousreply 28201/14/2012

It was great watching Parrilla evil it up in the latest episode. "So, she'd cavorting with dwarves now. When did that happen?", delivered deliciously.

I also liked the development of the storyline as far as what makes her so damn evil. She seems to continually seek out the love of children but they never love her back. I think it would be kind of boring if they make her big secret that Snow betrayed her by telling simply that she was infertile. The show seems to be better than that so far, so I hope there's more to it than that.

On another note, can someone get Emma some pants that are the next size or two up? The poor woman can't even walk, lay down or bend over properly...well, that sounded dirtier than I expected, but you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 28301/17/2012

A rather lack-luster episode of Grimm last week. Okay, but not really special.

Once Upon A Time was good. Not great but good.

I still wonder how they can extend this show longer than a season or two.

by Anonymousreply 28401/17/2012

Catching up on the last two Once. I wonder if Rumple's boy will show up grown up and get on Emma's side.

by Anonymousreply 28501/17/2012

Sorry. I LOVED Grimm. Once again, strictly for the werewolf character who was, again, the cutest thing going.

by Anonymousreply 28601/18/2012

Who was that dude that drove up in the motorcycle at the end of the episode? He was a hottie.

Loved seeing Ratboy again, right after his stint on Supernatural!

Loved that the werewolf dude actually saved the day, that was cool.

by Anonymousreply 28701/18/2012

When I first saw him, I figured Motorcycle Man was the Wolf. But now I'm not sure who he'll be.

by Anonymousreply 28801/18/2012

R288, there is some speculation that the guy on the motorcycle is a grown up Pinocchio due to the fact that he had that wooden box on the back of the motorcycle and that Pinocchio hasn't been seen but we've seen Geppetto multiple times. I guess Geppetto could have built a second tree cabinet and sent him through to safety like Emma when the curse went through Fairytale land. That would explain why he wasn't part of Storybrooke the whole time.

Or, he could be an outsider, I guess.

I'm not sure why people are speculating that he's the big bad wolf. Just because he has a beard? Or, did he say something hint-y in the preview?

by Anonymousreply 28901/19/2012

Some fans have speculated that Henry's father is Peter Pumpkin Eater and the bike guy is the 7 year old boy who found Emma.

Oh, and according to tumblr, Lana has unfollowed Jennifer Morrison on twitter... *insert dramatic music*

Speaking of Lana, the Evil Queen had the best lines in the last episode - 'I would've gone gravy' and the 'consorting with dwarves' line had me laugh out loud.

by Anonymousreply 29001/19/2012

Yeah, it was just his look that made me say "Oh, I guess he's the wolf." Nothing else. I also wondered if he was Henry's dad until Emma didn't know him. Pinocchio never occurred.

by Anonymousreply 29101/19/2012

Looking forward to Fridays these days. New Grimm, new Fringe. Flat Fridays are now fun.

by Anonymousreply 29201/20/2012

I've seen the first 3 episodes of Grimm and that was enough. If you've seen one, you've seen them all and watching people's faces morph into monsters' heads gets old really fast.

by Anonymousreply 29301/20/2012

Things are starting to heat up a bit on Grimm. Reapers. Be interesting to see where that goes. It would also be nice if they can give the wolf more to do. Put cute but bland guy on the back burner and let the real star do the work.

by Anonymousreply 29401/20/2012

R293, it only took me two episodes. It's basically, Law and Order: Fairy Tale Division.

[quote]and the bike guy is the 7 year old boy who found Emma.

How would that work? It also seems very heavy handed since they showed that headline and five minutes later, here he comes? I hope that's not the case.

Was the wooden box that the camera focused on as he drove in familiar? At first, I thought it was the box that the Evil Queen put the apple that the kids retrieved in but it looked bigger.

If he's not a grown up Pinocchio, then where exactly is Pinocchio? Geppetto's been around hanging with Jiminy Cricket but no Pinocchio so far. I forget the exact details but would there have been a way for Geppetto to have carved another 'escape tree' for his kid like he made for Emma?

by Anonymousreply 29501/21/2012

Sunday bump.

It should be a good episode of Once Upon a Time tonight. Hope we find out who the mystery man is quickly. That's another thing I like about this show so far, they seem to move the story along at a pretty good pace, unlike Lost.

Has it been picked up for a second season, officially? I hope the pace doesn't slow down after they get a couple season order under their belts. The fact that there's such a rich field from which to pull stories means they shouldn't have to slow down the pace in order to not run out of ideas.

by Anonymousreply 29601/22/2012

Is Grumpy the guy that came out in the Pirates movies? One of the comic relief dudes?

by Anonymousreply 29701/22/2012

Okay, if someone can explain this pic, and some others to follow, away as anything other than super gay, have at it.

The pics are Lana Parrilla and another woman.

Could it be her sister? Just friends? It doesn't look like it to me, but you guys be the judge...

by Anonymousreply 29801/28/2012

This is one of the hotter Lana "dykalicious" pics and I don't know anyone who poses like that with their sister.

She didn't do a movie that these are from, did she?

by Anonymousreply 29901/28/2012

Pretty intimate if you ask me...

by Anonymousreply 30001/28/2012

As gaydars ping across the land...

by Anonymousreply 30101/28/2012

Lesbians do love their kitties...

by Anonymousreply 30201/28/2012

I guess they could be sisters but I don't see the resemblance.

There might be a few more hidden in google images but I don't want to go further overboard. They are all from some MySpace site that I can't get into so, maybe there's an oh so hetero explanation in there but, geez, I don't think you can explain away that much gayishness with any amount of heterofying.

by Anonymousreply 30301/28/2012

Who cares?!

Jesus, she's doing a good job with an interesting role.

So the stranger is a reporter.

I love Monroe more and more each week.

by Anonymousreply 30401/28/2012

R304, are you kidding? A lot of people would care. She's hot. Have you happened to notice the millions of posts on here about all the "gay" male celebs or, as they are known in the real world, "every single hot" male celeb?

The stranger is a writer, he never said reporter.

And, who the hell is Monroe?

by Anonymousreply 30501/29/2012

Can someone just make a Once Upon a Time thread instead of this mishmash thread?

90% of the posts on here are about OUaT and, frankly, Grimm sucks. Even people who watch Grimm and claim to like it are meh about it.

by Anonymousreply 30601/29/2012

Monroe is the werewolf character on Grimm.

by Anonymousreply 30701/29/2012

R307, if you like the actor, and not just the character, he's also in the first season of Prison Break and he's excellent in that role.

by Anonymousreply 30801/29/2012

Excellent episode of OUaT tonight. Any episode with a heavy dose of the Evil Queen and the mayor rocks.

I loved seeing Emma's hubris bite her in her too-tight-jeans-clad ass. But is Sidney still playing the mayor? He had an odd look on his face at the end when the mayor touched his leg.

by Anonymousreply 30901/29/2012

I'm still loving Once, neutral on Grimm.

I'm not sure how either one of these shows can get beyond a second season.

by Anonymousreply 31001/29/2012

Maybe the writer is Grimm. As in fairytales.

by Anonymousreply 31101/29/2012

I love how they make the Queen ever so slightly sympathetic. It is always best when the villain is a little bit human, and Parilla is playing it perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 31201/29/2012

Loved her outfits tonight, just stunning.

by Anonymousreply 31301/29/2012

What is up with Jennifer Morrison making scrunchy faces all the time? It makes her look like a muppet. She didn't do that on House, did she?

by Anonymousreply 31401/29/2012

[quote]What is up with Jennifer Morrison making scrunchy faces all the time?

Those extremely tight jeans they stuff her into look painful.

by Anonymousreply 31501/29/2012

I think the writer is Hans Christian Anderson and he wants to find his book.

by Anonymousreply 31601/30/2012

Barbara Hershey has signed on to play the Evil Queen's evil mother. That's good casting.

by Anonymousreply 31702/01/2012

I enjoy both shows and hope they stay around for awhile. Like others I adore Lana and am glad she has found success. She rocked in the prematurely canceled [italic]Swingtown[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 31802/01/2012

I'm also a fan of both shows. They're fun.

by Anonymousreply 31902/01/2012

So the weakest episode of "Once upon a time" was followed up by a strong episode of "Grimm".

I really liked this weeks, though some of the writing was goofy. The whole street kids being harvested for their organs was creepy and well done.

Best exchange was upon discovering the human organs being dried in preparation for being sold:

"Whatever... it's still cannibalism."

"I think you mispronounced 'capitalism'."

Brilliant.

And it looks like their finally moving towards including more people into this. The girlfriend or the partner need to be brough in eventually, and it looked like the first seeds of that were planed this week.

by Anonymousreply 32002/05/2012

I really like the latest episode of Grimm. What's the deal with Grimm's boss, Captain Sean Renard (played by hunky Sasha Roiz): Is he good or bad?

by Anonymousreply 32102/07/2012

He's a bad guy. He knows the main guy is a Grimm, and has tried to take him out, and was responsible for his Aunt (the original Grimm)'s death.

by Anonymousreply 32202/07/2012

Even the discussions of Grimm sound boring. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 32302/08/2012

Oh stop sulking R323. Do it yourself.

by Anonymousreply 32402/08/2012

Has anyone else grown tired of OUaT? Loved the show when it started but, after the last few episodes, am now bored silly.

by Anonymousreply 32502/14/2012

Was there a new episode this Sunday? My DVR didn't record it if so...

by Anonymousreply 32602/14/2012

yes.

by Anonymousreply 32702/14/2012

I lost interest in OuaT when the sheriff/huntsman was killed. Love the evil queen but the sheriff was actually interesting and I was wondering if he could temper my hate for Emma. Now, I don't care about the show.

I started off really excited about OuaT and tepid about Grimm. In the last few weeks since the episode with the rats, Grimm has gotten more interesting and more 'can't miss tv' while OuaT has grown stale and boring after my initial excitement.

by Anonymousreply 32802/14/2012

Sunday's episode of OUaT was killer. The last 10 minutes had the Mayor and Mr. Gold going head to head. Those two actors put on a show. It was intense.

I didn't think I would like the Rumple as Beast episode, but I truly did. Emma was really played down in this episode and it worked. Robert Carlyle and Lana Parrilla are the best of the show.

by Anonymousreply 32902/14/2012

OUAT was quite intriguing last week, at least to me. It looks like Rumple is being set up to be the sympathetic bad guy going for redemption. Charming's looking like a real oaf.

by Anonymousreply 33002/14/2012

R330, do you see any chance for an Evil Queen redemption? Or is she pure evil? I also see Rumple as the anti-hero.

If Once Upon a Time has any weaknesses, I think it's the charisma disparity between the "good guys" and "bad guys." Robert Carlyle and Lana Parrilla just ooze charm and personality, in and out of characters. You can't take your eyes off them when they're on screen.

You can't say the same for Jennifer Morrison as Emma or Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas as Mary Margaret and David. Goodwin and Dallas are much more watchable as Snow White and Prince Charming, but we only see them every three episodes or so. Even though Emma is the hero - and sarcastic, coarse and brash - she also comes across as bland. The only time she really sparks is in her scenes with the mayor and some scenes with Mr. Gold. She has a charisma deficient. But this is who we're supposed to root for.

I don't know how the show overcomes that, except to up the screen time for the dynamic, dastardly duo.

by Anonymousreply 33102/15/2012

At least Rumpy didn't destroy Chip and Mrs. Potts!

It's sweet that one of his most prized possessions was the cup that Belle broke.

So how did the Evil Queen end up with Belle in that ward?

Charming is a total wuss.

by Anonymousreply 33202/15/2012

I don't know about the evil queen's redemption. She's making misery right and left, killing, kidnapping etc. Any old evil thing. Rumpy seems the lesser of two evils and easier to redeem. Especially if he goes after the queen. Maybe neither will be redeemed.

I wonder if the all seeing genie knows who they all are, since we now know Rumpy knows it all.

by Anonymousreply 33302/15/2012

If they redeemed the EQ, they wouldn't have much of a plot left. Parilla does a great job making her nuanced and occasionally sympathetic. She's the character you love to hate, who always keeps you riveted. IMO the main problem over time will be Morrison's limitations. She needs to be as compelling as the EQ on her own, and she just isn't. Too bad they didn't go with a more interesting actress.

Still love the show, but it's interesting that they got so much of the casting spot on, and messed up that lead.

by Anonymousreply 33402/15/2012

I never had any doubt that Gold knew about his past as Rumpelstilzkin. He told the EQ about the curse and he gave it to ther with the "please" condition. He knew how to protect himself from the spell from the start. What puzzles me is that so far he didn't figure out that the EQ lied to him regarding Belle.

by Anonymousreply 33502/15/2012

Do we know that Rumple protected himself, remember, the curse is his, and there is always a price to pay to use magic, and to ask something of Rumple. It seems he is up to a game and the queen, unknowingly might be as much a victim of the curse as everyone else. Rumple is now human, as he wanted to be, but so is the Queen, who can do him no physical harm as she has no powers in the real world.

I am frustrated with how they are writing the queen/Regina. I like my villians with shades, and as Parilla is so charismatic you want to kind of root for the queen, if not to win, but to have here redemption. Jane Epherson hinted that while we hate the queen now, we dont know why she hates Snow and that might change it. Could it be that Queen had a kid that was taken from her, because of Snows big mouth? The Queen is supposed to be only slightly older then Snow, could the Stranger, actually be the Queen's son sent by some curse to our reality years before?

by Anonymousreply 33602/15/2012

I agree with you, R334, but Morrison has many fans who think she's the best actress ever. I just wish they would dress her better on the show. How must she feel in her crappy, too-tight clothes while Parrilla is prancing around in Gucci in one world and exquisite royal garb in another?

I hope the producers realize how much people are digging the Carlyle/Parrilla dynamic and give them more screen time together.

I'm surprised by the fan girls who adore Snow and Charming. They're kind of "eh" to me.

by Anonymousreply 33702/15/2012

R336, so are you saying the EQ should be less charismatic? I do love the idea of the stranger being the queen's secret son.

by Anonymousreply 33802/16/2012

The "heroes" are never as exciting or charasmatic as the villians.

I think Morrison is doing fine. She's supposed to be understated and staid and stoic, at least a bit. Plus, now she's playing responsible adult for the first time in her life. We'll see what happens when the shit starts to really hit the fan and then see if she can hold her own against Parrilla and Carlyle. Although, if you've seen anything else Parrilla has done (I'm not as familiar with Carlyle), she usually outshines her co-stars.

by Anonymousreply 33902/18/2012

I agree R339. I like Morrison's interaction with the kid and with the EQ. I'm also wondering who will be her next love interest. I think they set up the sheriff to die so when she gets together with the next one, everyone will be scared the EQ will kill him too.

by Anonymousreply 34002/18/2012

R339, I loved Parrilla in Swingtown. Tom and Trina Decker were adorable.

Carlyle is a bit of a renowned actor. He's getting all sorts of positive press for OUaT now, and it's well-deserved, although I contend Parrilla is every bit his equal, even though she's not getting quite as much credit. I usually not so into villains, but she grabs one by the throat and makes one watch her.

I guess Morrison is OK, but her acting choices emphasize Emma's self-righteousness, which is never attractive in a hero. It's pretty obvious Emma will date the Stranger. (I'm hoping he'll have some kind of history with the EQ, such as a brother or long-lost son.) Morrison definitely sparks in scenes with Parrilla, so that's when I find Morrison most enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 34102/18/2012

I never realized how small, short, and slight the actor who plays Rumplestilskin is. In the opening scenes of last week's episode, he didn't even come up to the Prince (the guy in blue)'s shoulder. And I doubt that the Prince was more than 6' tall in real life (few actors are).

by Anonymousreply 34202/19/2012

I find it odd that everyone here seems to know Parrilla (whom I love but had never heard of before) and not Carlyle (The Full Monty, Trainspotting, Priest, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 34302/19/2012

Then you haven't read the thread. People have mentioned Carlyle from the beginning as being someone they were excited to see in the show.

He does look tiny. As Gold, he often wears layers of clothing. As Rumple, he makes Belle look larger than she is.

by Anonymousreply 34402/19/2012

Good point, R344. I thought the actress who plays Belle was tall until she walked with the EQ, who towered over her. Actress Lana Parrilla is like 5-7 but says she's almost hits 6 foot in some of the queen's shoes.

I've seen photos of Lana and Robert standing together, and they're about the same height in real life.

by Anonymousreply 34502/19/2012

New episode tonight! This is the Grumpy episode with a big dose of Snow and Charming.

by Anonymousreply 34602/19/2012

Snow and Charming suck. Or, more to the point, Charming sucks in his Storybrooke persona and drags poor little Mary Margaret with him. Did his balls fall off in the transition between worlds?

Still don't like the Stranger. I can't remember what he called himself. It didn't make me think of anything fairytale-ish when he said his name. Usually the names seem to be hints. Dr. Hopper = grasshopper, etc. Was the Stranger's name Booth?

Two weeks until the next ep because of the Oscars. I hope this season ends on an exciting note with some resolution and some new questions.

by Anonymousreply 34702/20/2012

Lana was gorgeous when she was burning the envelope. The lighting on her was exquisite.

Why is the actor who plays Archie Hopper a full cast member? He's rarely on. Robert Carlyle seems to have some filming perks. This is at least the second episode he's been given off.

At the start of the season, I really thought Jennifer Morrison and Ginnifer Goodwin would dominate the screen time, but GG is hardly on some episodes. LP has been the cast workhorse. Even tonight, I thought it was a light episode for her, but she came on strong at the end.

I'm enjoying Josh Dallas, but David really is a wimp. I'm also not feeling any chemistry between JM and the Stranger.

by Anonymousreply 34802/20/2012

[quote]I'm also not feeling any chemistry between JM and the Stranger.

I really, really hope they aren't going to try to set them up as a real couple. You are right, zero chemistry. It was so chemistry-less as far as romance goes that, at one point, I was trying to figure out if there was any way that he was a grown up Henry who came back from somewhere in the future to fix the story in his book for his younger self.

And, did everyone notice that Frederick, the gold knight, was the guy that Kathryn ran into in the hall at the school when she went to confront Mary Margaret? He was carrying a bag of gym balls, I believe. I love little moments like that in this show.

by Anonymousreply 34902/20/2012

R349, I'm pretty sure they are going the romance root for Emma and the Stranger. Jennifer Morrison seemed to be trying to flirt with him - she did much the same thing with the sheriff. I never sensed much chemistry with them either, but the fan girls went gaga for them at the end, so I'm sure we'll see something similar on this.

I love the idea of the Stranger being Henry. I guess we'll get more of a clue when he and the mayor meet.

by Anonymousreply 35002/20/2012

Henry, the queen's father? I thought it'd been already established it was Henry, the boy.

by Anonymousreply 35102/20/2012

[quote]romance root

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 35202/20/2012

I think it's pretty clear given he brought a typewriter and dipped the pages of the book last night in, what I think, was the water from the well, he is the writer of the fairytales.

by Anonymousreply 35302/20/2012

R353 if he is the writer of the fairytales then he could change the ending.

by Anonymousreply 35402/20/2012

Or was he recreating the book? Is he a bad guy brought in by the Queen to fool Henry with a counterfeit book with neutered stories? And to get Henry to forgive her for destroying the real book?

I don't think he's adult Henry since he's kind of romancing his mom.

I think a who done it in storybrooke is cool.

The good knight was also the guy who found her empty car. I missed him in the school hallway.

by Anonymousreply 35502/20/2012

I saw the good knight in the school but thought he was a student. He does look much younger than the actress who plays Catherine.

I thought the writer might be re-writing the book too. But he dipped the pages in some liquid and if the liquid was the water from the well then he is trying to bring back something that was lost (that was the legend of the water in the lake). I think he is Henry's real father.

by Anonymousreply 35602/20/2012

But if he's Henry's dad, then wouldn't Emma know it? He could be trying to bring back other lost things. Something that we're not seeing. Perhaps he's rewriting the book and dipping it in the water to make sure it's got the magic of the first book and he isn't a bad guy. At this point he could be anyone and anything. Good mystery. It's just that the EQ always seems to be a step ahead (except with David's wife).

by Anonymousreply 35702/20/2012

It can't be Henry's dad. That doesn't make any sense at all. Did Emma just forget him all of a sudden? She knew him earlier in the episode where the Stranger showed up.

If he was restoring lost pages, wouldn't Henry notice right away? I mean, if we go an episode or two without Henry mentioning that there are a bunch of new pages in his book, then I don't think anything was added or restored.

Again, I wish they weren't trying to set this guy up with Emma. Why does the hero need a helper? I also don't like the idea that he's somehow related to the mayor, like a lost child or something. And, speaking of the mayor, has she sought out this stranger for a meeting yet? She was very interested in him to begin with and it's a pretty small town.

Of all the theories, I like the stranger being Baelfire the best. Rumple saved his estranged kid from the curse just like Emma was saved but because he was older, he was aware of what was happening and now is trying to fix or undo it.

I'm sure we're all completely wrong but that's what makes the show fun.

by Anonymousreply 35802/22/2012

I still say Gepetto made his own safe cabinet and put Pinocchio through, and since he was older, he is aware of what happened. It just strikes me as odd that we have seen Gepetto and Jiminey, but no mention has been made of Pinocchio.

by Anonymousreply 35902/22/2012

Once is back tonight!! Hope we get lots of the Mayor.

by Anonymousreply 36003/04/2012

Hmm. I can't stand that chick that plays Nova. Hated her in Angel so tonight's show was kind of meh.

by Anonymousreply 36103/04/2012

Next week looks better.

by Anonymousreply 36203/05/2012

Love Amy Acker! Best thing in the ep. Too bad she was wasted on the dwarf.

by Anonymousreply 36303/06/2012

[quote] It just strikes me as odd that we have seen Gepetto and Jiminey, but no mention has been made of Pinocchio.

Pinocchio was in one of the fairyland scenes, helping Gepetto make the wardrobe. He didn't have any lines.

Amy Acker was also in an episode of Grimm recently but she looked much better in OUAT.

by Anonymousreply 36403/06/2012

I wish someone would defeat the Mayor every now and then. I'm getting tired of every show ending in a depressing conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 36503/06/2012

Speculation on the stranger is that he is either a) Pinocchio B) Rumpy's son or c) a Brother Grimm

It seems I missed an episode, when did the town find out about the secret dates that Snow and Charming were having? Didn't they break it off during the Valentines Day episode? When he gave Snow the wrong card?

Why does everybody always go ga-ga for Amy Acker? She's no looker and her acting is just okay...

by Anonymousreply 36603/06/2012

That whiney "little girl" voice really grates.

by Anonymousreply 36703/07/2012

I like the latest one with Amy Acker, but her fairy costume was hideous.

I fear when the show ends they need two more episodes just to show all those couples get reunited and have their fairytale kiss. This show will have a longer ending sequence than Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (and that ending went on for, like, forever!).

Once Upon a Time is so damn corny most of the times. That's why I like Grimm more now. Grimm is consistently dark with a few spots of humor. It feels like a Whedon show from the good ol' Buffy and Angel times.

by Anonymousreply 36803/07/2012

So we have an uber villain on Grimm. Danielle Panabaker has a great sexy/dangerous vibe. But Giuntoli doesn't hold up his side. However, the scene with him running around with his shirt open was great.

As always, the werewolf steals the show.

by Anonymousreply 36903/09/2012

The Grimm guy has the flattest dialogue of anybody on TV and no identifiable skills or smarts.

He's like the Joe Friday of fantasy shows.

He just goes in there and does his job.

Andsomehow defeats characters with crazy powers and abilities.

by Anonymousreply 37003/10/2012

I agree, R370. The entire cast is lacking an ounce of charisma. It's really amazing.

I like all the uber hot girls on Once Upon a Time.

by Anonymousreply 37103/10/2012

I love the fact that Red is the wolf. Great twist.

by Anonymousreply 37203/12/2012

Tonight's episode was fantastic. The actress who plays Red is a revelation (and is fucking stunning).

by Anonymousreply 37303/12/2012

I liked Red/Ruby, too. Great episode. Nice that there was just enough Regina to keep things interesting. We needed a little break from her.

by Anonymousreply 37403/12/2012

Can we get a break from Emma, R374?

by Anonymousreply 37503/13/2012

Gran to Ruby: You're dressed like a drag queen during fleet week.

by Anonymousreply 37603/13/2012

R372, and that the boyfriend was "Peter"... of "Peter and the Wolf" fame.

Too bad he met his end so quickly. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 37703/13/2012

I think Monroe has charisma, r370 and r371.

by Anonymousreply 37803/13/2012

Sebastian Stan is captivatingly sexy.

by Anonymousreply 37903/25/2012

The Red Riding Hood episode of "Once", was one of my favorites.

I think the chick that plays Red looks so much hotter with less makeup.

by Anonymousreply 38003/25/2012

Wonderland was fascinating, the Mad Hatter storyline, not as much.

by Anonymousreply 38103/25/2012

Jennifer Morrison has aged a good deal since House.

by Anonymousreply 38203/25/2012

The mad hatter is hot.

But why does HE remember what is going on? (This makes four people now: Him, The Queen, Mr. Gold, and the kid)

by Anonymousreply 38303/25/2012

And probably the writer guy. We don't know yet.

At least we finally get to know why Regina has it in for Snow.

by Anonymousreply 38403/25/2012

R383 I wouldn't say the kid remembers what is going on, he is not from the Fantasy land, he is from here and now.

I also thought the Hatter explained why he remembers, it was his curse to remember and not be able to do anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 38503/25/2012

[quote]R383 I wouldn't say the kid remembers what is going on, he is not from the Fantasy land, he is from here and now.

Well, the kid KNOWS all that is going on... that's the point. HOW he knows, nobody seems to know yet.

by Anonymousreply 38603/25/2012

Just catching up so haven't seen tonight's episode yet, but the Red Riding hood one was fantastic. Never would have guessed Red as the wolf. Jane Espenson (of Buffy fame) wrote that one. She also wrote that great episode with Rumplestiltskin's backstory. I hope she's in the writers' room a lot more often next season.

by Anonymousreply 38703/25/2012

I still love that Red Riding Hood's boyfriend was "Peter" (and the wolf!)

by Anonymousreply 38803/25/2012

The kid knows what's going on because of the book.

by Anonymousreply 38903/25/2012

R389, the book doesn't explain everything (like which people are which characters)... and why does he believe the book is real instead of, you know, just stories? There's more there than "he knows because of the book"...

by Anonymousreply 39003/25/2012

R390, I don't think there's anything mysterious about what Henry knows. He gets his stories from the book and has spent all of his time obsessively figuring out which character is which person in Storybrooke. It helps that the pictures in the book look just like the people in Storybrooke.

by Anonymousreply 39103/26/2012

"I hate Wonderland" Hee!

That was a cool episode. Wouldn't Regina have the top hat now?

So they wanted Snow to escape? To what purpose? Didn't get that part.

I thought Regina killed her own dad? This is earlier than that?

by Anonymousreply 39203/26/2012

[quote]So they wanted Snow to escape? To what purpose? Didn't get that part.

It would have cemented her guilt.

[quote]I thought Regina killed her own dad? This is earlier than that?

Yes, this flashback was quite a bit before that. Regina killed her father in order to initiate the curse, so it was nearly the last thing they did before they all got trapped in Storybook.

by Anonymousreply 39303/26/2012

I thought the reason they wanted Snow to escape was for her to try to leave Storybrook. Apparently bad things happen to people who try to leave.

by Anonymousreply 39403/26/2012

I assumed they wanted Snow to escape so she would miss the arraignment.

by Anonymousreply 39503/26/2012

I think we should all give a hearty round of applause for the fantastic supporting role that Lana Parrilla's breasts played in the latest episode.

*clapclapclap*

by Anonymousreply 39603/28/2012

Lana's boobs are delightful.

by Anonymousreply 39703/28/2012

Bitch does look fierce in every single outfit that she wears when she is in the old world.

Amazing dresses!

by Anonymousreply 39803/28/2012

I've loved the last two episodes. What is the previous connection between Jefferson and Regina? Because they certainly seemed familiar with each other.

by Anonymousreply 39903/28/2012

R398, there was an episode near the beginning where she fought Maleficent where she wore some feathered caped monstrosity, but otherwise she does get to wear fun stuff.

I just recently got into the series and have been enjoying it, though sometimes the special effects are too cheesy for words - Wonderland was a 90's CGI nightmare. But the Beauty and the Beast and Ruby / Red Riding Hood episodes were pretty great.

by Anonymousreply 40003/28/2012

I can't wait for Sunday's episode. It's Regina's backstory, along with her evil mommy played by Barbara Hershey. I haven't seen Hershey in a long time. Does she look okay now or does she still have that deformed face with the bloated lips from bad plastic surgery?

In the preview, it was funny that they could make Parrilla look so young. I know she's not an old hag or anything but she looked like a young teen.

Also, if you listen closely to the voice of the Queen of Hearts from the last episode, I swear it was Barbara Hershey's voice.

by Anonymousreply 40103/28/2012

[quote]But the Beauty and the Beast and Ruby / Red Riding Hood episodes were pretty great.

Both episodes were written by Jane Espenson, R400. I hope she's on board more full time next season. She grasps the show's sensibility perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 40203/28/2012

I thought that, too, R401. She's supposed to be in a story arc early in season 2, so we could be right.

Has anyone been reading the tumblr blogger who appears to work on Once Upon a Time? He/she says Jennifer Morrison is upset that she's not getting more attention for the role, complains in the makeup trailer about the attention Lana Parrilla is getting and hates any and all Swan Queen inferences. The rest of the cast, including Parrilla, and crew think Swan Queen is hilarious and root for it.

He/she goes on to say Parrilla knows Morrison doesn't like her but doesn't beat herself up over it. Both are professional to each other on set.

by Anonymousreply 40303/28/2012

I, too, wonder if the Queen of Hearts is Regina's mother.

That, or her twin sister -- giving Parrilla the chance for a dual role, which would be fun.

Clearly, there's some bad blood between the two, so a familial relation would make sense.

by Anonymousreply 40403/28/2012

Parrilla already plays Regina as the Evil Queen, as the mayor and as the nag in the Mad Hatter. I doubt if she'll take on yet another part.

by Anonymousreply 40503/28/2012

Anyone else suspect that the Mad Hatter is Regina's brother?

by Anonymousreply 40603/29/2012

r406, He would have reacted differently when the Evil Queen brought Henry, her father, into the mix.

by Anonymousreply 40703/29/2012

There are too many evil queens around here.

by Anonymousreply 40803/29/2012

Am just catching up with the eps and loving this show and Lana!

Why did Snow want to kill the Queen and why does the Queen hate Snow? I have forgotten these key points, please help.

by Anonymousreply 40903/30/2012

Mary Margaret and Emma watch a man disappear (into a hat) and simply move on.

[quote] Well, the kid KNOWS all that is going on... that's the point. HOW he knows, nobody seems to know yet.

Henry came from outside the town. Gold found him and gave him to Regina. Henry wasn't cursed, he can observe things that the other townspeople are blind to. Not sure how he actually made it inside the town for Regina to adopt him.

Did Gold know he was Rumpy from the beginning, or did he get his memories back when Emma came to town and he heard her name for the first time?

by Anonymousreply 41003/30/2012

both are great if your looking for more of a sci-fy feel go with grimm its darker but if your looking for more of a lighter sci-fy family friendly show go with once

by Anonymousreply 41103/31/2012

Grimm was good tonight. Not enough werewolf, though. It seems to finally coalescing around a storyline.

by Anonymousreply 41203/31/2012

R410, it's either been stated or implied that Gold arranged for Regina to adopt Henry. The question is whether it was as a weapon in his protracted battle with Regina, or just to cause general mayhem. Presumably the former.

by Anonymousreply 41304/01/2012

Can't wait for tonight's episode, been waiting weeks for this!

Never heard of Lana Parrilla before this show, she's amazing.

by Anonymousreply 41404/01/2012

r403, I guess you're talking about this person?

Fans have been wondering about the whole Jennifer/Lana thing for a while now.

The 'insider' could be trolling but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is truth in what she says.

I've always found it weird that there are no photos of Jennifer and Lana together at promotional events etc etc

by Anonymousreply 41504/01/2012

My question is, does Regina know that Emma is Snow's daughter? And that Henry is Snow's Grandson?

by Anonymousreply 41604/01/2012

I always thought her knowing that was the whole point of why she wanted Henry in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 41704/01/2012

That would make sense R417, but I also thought that she wanted a child and Gold found Emmma's child. I think he knows, but not sure about Regina.

by Anonymousreply 41804/01/2012

Omg! The casting of Little Snow was Dead On!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 41904/01/2012

I love that little girl, she was on an episode of SVU and outacted everyone within a 10 mile radius.

PS, I am now convinced that August is Pinocchio after his reading of the "I am not a liar" line. I haven't quite figured out the significance of his shin splints, but I'm sure it means something.

by Anonymousreply 42004/01/2012

Maybe his legs "swell" near the water?

The humidity in not good for wood!!!!!

Great thought, R420!!!

by Anonymousreply 42104/01/2012

Heartbreaking!

Feel bad for everybody!

It can actually be said now that you sympathize with her anger and hatred.

by Anonymousreply 42204/01/2012

Lana Parrilla was amazing. Her transformation into The Evil Queen during that last scene was fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 42304/02/2012

Who else thinks Cora will turn out to be the fairy tale miller's daughter? She claimed she could spin straw into gold, and made a bargain with Rumplestiltskin to do it for her in exchange for her first born. The king was so impressed with her gold-spinning, he married her, but she balked when the time came to deliver the baby to Rumple. Rumple gave her an out if she could guess his name, which she did after overhearing him dancing around his fire singing an anticipatory-gloating song that included the line "she'll never guess my name is Rumplestiltskin!" That would explain Rumple's deep hatred for the EQ/Regina. Wonder if Regina has her mother's heart in her box mausoleum, and whether she'll ever make a Storybrooke appearance.

by Anonymousreply 42404/02/2012

Well, since they didn't show Regina doing any magic in her backstory, I guarantee we will see an episode where Regina kills her mother and steals her magic.

by Anonymousreply 42504/02/2012

Sorry, but I thought this episode was kind of dumb. Regina is sweet and nice and then literally turns into an evil bitch in 2 seconds when she finds out a little girl told her secret because she didn't want her to lose her mother? Her revenge on Mary Margaret is silly too since she can't even tell MM why she hates her; and it sounds like Snow White never knew the truth either.

The girl playing young Snow was very well cast, though.

by Anonymousreply 42604/02/2012

I agree with R426.

I was expecting Snow to have done something really awful to Regina, so that Regina wouldn't seem so arbitrarily vindictive.

But Snow was so clearly sweet and had good intentions; Regina should have saved her wrath for her mother.

Also, Regina was far too sweet at the beginning to convincingly make such a quick switch to fucking bitch.

The girl playing the young Snow was amazing.

And Barbara Hershey needs to save some magic to fix her face.

by Anonymousreply 42704/02/2012

Agree with r426 and r427. Regina killed her father, enact the curse that brought on Storybrook and did all that she did just to get back at Snow White for something she did unintentionally as a young girl.

They could have written her as an unapologetic evil character.

by Anonymousreply 42804/02/2012

The liar line made me think Pinocchio also and I wondered if he has wooden legs as he stiff legged down the hill.

Yeah, Snow was tricked by the evil mother and Regina was fully aware of her mother's evil. No indication that Snow had any motive other than the stated one. Yes, she was happy about the wedding being to her father, but she had no idea that Daniel was dead and was just happy for her father and herself, which also means she was thrilled to have Regina as her stepmother. So unless it was just an abused child becoming an abuser, blaming Snow is not really justified by the facts.

Gold's twists and turns would be explained by the fact that Regina was to be his child, but tracing each bad thing back to him is going to spoil the show IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 42904/02/2012

The little girl had had a guest appearance on Wizards of Waverly Place stepping in for Jake T. Austin playing his character as a little girl for a couple of episodes.

by Anonymousreply 43004/02/2012

The show really pushes the whole "once you went to the dark side you never come back" with Regina who killed her own father for a petty revenge to a little naive girl.

And the stable 'boy' (he was more a 'boi', wasn't he?) was more bland than Prince Charming. I almost shouted 'Mom did you a favor!' when Regina held her dead lover's body.

The best thing of the episode was the little girl who played Snow and the final seconds.

by Anonymousreply 43104/02/2012

R416, I thought from the first episodes it was implied that Regina doesn't know who Emma or Henry "truly" are - the ending pages of the book were ripped out about Emma returning to save the town or something? (Regina hadn't had the chance to read the book beforehand) And that was because Henry wanted to keep Emma's identity a secret to protect her.

Although Regina knows who each of the fairytale characters are in her town, she can't figure out the identity of outsiders (e.g. August). And if she doesn't know who Emma is, she doesn't know who Henry is either, and I thought that's why she questioned Gold about why he'd chosen Henry specifically for her.

And although I agree Regina's motivation isn't that great or reasonable, I guess the point is that she's been hurt, damaged and turned so bitter that she's targeted and taking her pain out on the one person she can. Her mother's gone, she's forever been denied her happy ending, so she's going to ensure no one else can have one either, especially the girl she blames for her troubles. No one said revenge and hatred were reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 43204/02/2012

Agree with R432. Regina doesn't know who Emma is, but Gold does.

I think that the Queen of Hearts could be Regina's mother. They both have the habit of storing body parts in ornate boxes.

by Anonymousreply 43304/02/2012

r433. Not to split hairs, but the Queen of Hearts seems to store shrunken people not parts of them.

by Anonymousreply 43404/03/2012

Clearly I am in the minority, but I couldn't STAND the young actress playing young Snow.

I find it creepy when little kids behave (or, in her case, REALLY overact) like adults. Her performance smacked of Acting With a Capital A!

She (the actress) was also in that dreadful Adam Sandler movie, "Just Go With It," where her character adopted the world's most grating English accent.

I kept thinking, "Yep, no wonder Regina hates her. That kid is ANNOYING and way way way too earnest."

by Anonymousreply 43504/03/2012

I guess subtlety escapes you r.435. The reason we are all impressed is because she looked, sounded, used the same vocal inflections, made the same facial expressions as Ginnifer Goodwin does. That isn't some fluke; it takes talent and study. That's why we're impressed.

by Anonymousreply 43604/03/2012

And I think the kid did a better job than Regina sometimes does when she's tearing up the scenery in her over the top scenes. I like her but sometimes she's a bit much.

by Anonymousreply 43704/03/2012

Actually, I did notice the tiny Goodwin nuances and did appreciate that effort, but thanks for making assumptions about me and my ability to gauge a performance.

As I said, I am likely in the minority, but I found that young actress highly grating and phony in a weird Broadway-child-actress sort of way.

i.e., It was as though she was playing to the last row of the theatre instead of playing to the camera.

By comparison, the boy who plays Henry is natural and cute and behaves like a boy of that age. This actress was very Theatrical-with-a-capital-T and didn't ring true for me. I *saw* the acting, and not the character.

by Anonymousreply 43804/05/2012

Agree with R435. That Performance was a bit graaaand. She could have throttled down about 30% and nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 43904/05/2012

I thought the creepiest thing about the kid was the constant extremely wide-open eyes. I can see her when I sleep now.

by Anonymousreply 44004/05/2012

I think we saw the beginning of Regina's transformation to Evil Queen.

It'll be years before she enacts the curse so there's plenty more to see in terms of Regina's background - how did she learn magic? What happens with Cora?

I think I read somewhere that Barbara Hershey is set to appear in another two episodes if season 2 gets the green light.

by Anonymousreply 44104/05/2012

For folks who only want to discuss Grimm. Unless I'm the last one who knew about this thread.

by Anonymousreply 44204/07/2012

I watch both shows......I like them both but in different ways. I would just say watch both and see what you prefer on your own. I like Grimm more. But I think there both reasonably good shows. They are both kind of violent I wouldn't let my children watch. Not family shows. They booth have murder and deception and they would probably just give your children nightmares. So both are adult and older teen shows only.

by Anonymousreply 44304/15/2012

As someone else said, we only saw the start of Regina's path to total darkness. For years she has to screw that old man she was pushed into marriage with, she is stuck with the big mouth brat, who everyone who ever meets her seems to dote on, plus, I think she finally gets her revenge on her mother and kills her and gets her power, and then becomes Queen Bitch. I also think that the curse is not ALL about Snow but also getting her "prestige," and power back. In the pilot Snow corrects Charming that Regina is no longer a queen, just an evil witch, and it seems the kingdom obviously turns on her. As Mayor Regina is in total control with no one questioning her and everyone respecting her. For a woman whose mother pushes her into royalty that is a big damn deal.

by Anonymousreply 44404/15/2012

I finally saw the episode, and while the actress who plays Regina is good, I was really distracted by how old she looked trying to play young. Putting an actractive mature woman in braids and ribbons and girlish hairdo is only going to make her look older. I know it is only the beginning of her turning evil, but I don't think the episode gave her the layeres that it was supposed. I thought in the end she came off more two dimensional than before. She could not relate to anything outside herself.

by Anonymousreply 44504/15/2012

Omg! What a fake-out! I really did think it was his son. Had a few tears at that seperation/reunion. Wondered about the blue eyes though.

That Snow White and the Woodsman looks pretty fucking awesome, actually. Even though they still don't let Stewart speak. Hee!

So the dude might be Pinocchio.

That mirror dude is beyond pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 44604/22/2012

I only noticed tonight that the Blue Fairy is played by the same actress as Mother Superior - which I guess correlates with Grumpy's fairy crush from a previous episode also being a nun in the modern world.

Yeah, the previews seemed to heavily indicate that August is Pinocchio, but it could be another fakeout.

Emma's character is so straight-laced and humorless - if the gossip is true from earlier in the thread about the actress being annoyed with Lana Parilla / the Queen getting all the attention, some of it has to do with her character being so serious with a stick up her ass all the time - at least the Queen chews the scenery and seems to get a kick out of it. I know Emma's supposed to be "good" and strong, but that doesn't mean she has to be so grim all the time.

by Anonymousreply 44704/23/2012

[quote]but that doesn't mean she has to be so grim all the time.

HAH! "Grimm". I see what you did there. Heh!

by Anonymousreply 44804/23/2012

A less-than-enthralled write-up of last night's episode... I dunno, I kinda liked it:

by Anonymousreply 44904/23/2012

Okay, donkey on the paperwork. So cute guy is either Pinocchio or Shrek. At least that narrows it down.

I don't totally agree with the review. I do agree it got repetitive. We KNOW Sidney loves Regina. We KNOW Rumple has some good. We KNOW David is a wishy wash who tells both girls what they want to hear.

I have to say, Rumple not killing Catherine and having her show up alive was hilarious, but I wonder if Catherine has a heart inside her now. And if this place has no magic, a lot of magical stuff seems to happen. And now we have another person with a memory of story world.

And is Pinocchio really dying or turning back into wood?

by Anonymousreply 45004/23/2012

Is Regina's mother the Miller's daughter, making Regina the baby that got away?

After watching the latest episode, I'm wondering whether Rumpelstiltskin had a hand in manipulating Regina's life to enact the curse to find his son...

by Anonymousreply 45104/24/2012

August is so damn boring and has no chemistry with Emma. Funny, the only people both Regina and Emma have chemistry with is each other...(love the police station confrontation between those two.) And what a burn on boring Snow, the Queen is screwing her daughter. "Yes, dear, she is enthralled, but not by magic, by this.." as she rips her top off.

Love our wicked Regina and her fake pity/concern, tsk, tsk when Sidney was giving his faked confession. I have to agree, LP looks like she is having fun playing the meanest woman on TV. Though not the smartest, why would she trust Gold do do anything she asks?

The Blue Fairy is the highest power of them all? WTF??

Anyone notice, that besides Gold, the men are all powerless, fools, boring or both on this show. Its like a 1940s movie its all about the the women.

by Anonymousreply 45204/24/2012

I want to know what is "killing" August. If this world has no magic, he can't be turning back into wood, can he?

by Anonymousreply 45304/25/2012

Pinnochio!!!

by Anonymousreply 45404/29/2012

Ok I think "Once" is getting repetitive. Same reveal every week. Meanwhile Grimm is getting interesting and moving the story forward!

by Anonymousreply 45504/30/2012

R455 there was another episode that revealed August as Pinnochio? What do you mean the same reveal every week?

by Anonymousreply 45604/30/2012

I think r.455 doesn't like shows you actually have to pay attention to. I watch ONCE intently and find all the little nuances and ways of tying storyline threads together. GRIMM is something you can have on and do something else at the same time, watch intermittently throughout the hour and still get the story.

by Anonymousreply 45704/30/2012

Dude I watch shows intently and I appreciate the character studies they are doing on different people every week, but the over-arching plot is not moving forward. Emma has just decided to fight for her son...but can't deal with anything else.

I like it when characters learn and change. In "Once", all the change happens in the backstory.

Just saying the Grimm plot is evolving and characters are developing.

Still like both shows but for different reasons.

by Anonymousreply 45804/30/2012

I watch every week to see fucking hot to die for Josh Dallas. And the Grimm lead is fucking hot too - my fantasy is that the two of them meet and fall in love!

by Anonymousreply 45904/30/2012

Once Upon a Time episode re-cap:

by Anonymousreply 46005/01/2012

Yeah, I agree that while I appreciate the character studies they do each week, the overarching plot of the show hasn't been going anywhere. We're like 19 episodes in and Emma still doesn't believe in fairy tales, she continually tries to leave town but doesn't end up doing it, Snow and the Prince still face obstacles that separate them, etc.

I did like this last episode for the father-son scenes. Emma had some good scenes too, but I guess her actions with Henry just seem rash and motivated more by her antipathy towards Regina than out of genuine care and maternal feelings for her son - it would've been good to explore some in-depth mother-son bonding moments that show trust and respect growing between them, rather than her always being dismissive towards him and his belief in fairy tales.

And I agree Emma's strongest and most dynamic relationship is with Regina - neither of them have paired well with any of the men on the show; probably because none of the men are their equal in strength and personality. I wouldn't be surprised if there was fem-slash written about the two.

by Anonymousreply 46105/01/2012

If Emma suddenly believes, then the show is over....they have to find a way to draw it out over an entire series

by Anonymousreply 46205/01/2012

Once Upon a Time using the "Someone's going to die!!!!!" PR for its season finale.

[quote]Regina is up to her old apple tricks again, setting her sights on one target in particular. Alas, things don't go according to plan (do they ever on TV?), and Henry may just end up being collateral damage. We're sure you're now asking yourselves, "Would Once really kill him off? He's just a kid!" We'll just tell you this: Things are about to get dark.

It's the paragraph above the picture of Maisie Willimas (Arya from Game of Thrones).

by Anonymousreply 46305/01/2012

sorry: Maisie Williams

by Anonymousreply 46405/01/2012

Last week I looked at that kid and said, "He's looking a lot older." I wouldn't be surprised if they killed him, but I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 46505/01/2012

R462, I thought Emma's believing in the fairy tales is just the first step towards her saving the town. She still has a long way to go after she finally believes; then she has to go about actually breaking the spell (which hasn't been explained).

Though the previews seem to indicate she'll finally open herself up to it by the season finale; it's just that it took 22 episodes to get there.

by Anonymousreply 46605/01/2012

Maybe just a coma.

by Anonymousreply 46705/01/2012

Well, there is a lot of talk about the season finale being a huge game-changer. Killing the kid would fit that description I suppose... I would have preferred them killing of Emma...

by Anonymousreply 46805/01/2012

We know Regina's apples don't really "kill," anyone (which is weird, wouldnt have been easier in the EF to just poison an apple with real poison and be done with the bitch, instead put her to sleep. Maybe Regina got off on Snow having a living death) just puts them into a death like sleep. Twu Lurve will break the spell but does it have to be romantic. I have a feeling that Emma will need to believe to kiss Henry to bring him back to life, and wouldnt it be interesting if it was Regina (who cant love him completely like a normal mother) who encourages Emma to see the truth to save him. Personally, I would like to see the little turd off the show but then there would not be enough of Emma and Regina getting the heat on with each other.

by Anonymousreply 46905/02/2012

Well, well. Snow White and the Handsome Prince are dating in real life.

Ginnifer Goodwin -- who hails from Tennessee - broke out a big orange hat for the occasion, while her “Once Upon a Time” co-star/real-life beau Josh Dallas looked smart in his striped bow tie and navy blazer.

by Anonymousreply 47005/05/2012

They've been dating since last summer, R470, around the time he and his wife separated.

by Anonymousreply 47105/06/2012

They have only been dating since March of this year.

by Anonymousreply 47205/06/2012

Tonight's episode was pretty good, and it'll be interesting to see how they deal with Henry's coma under the apple in the season finale.

I do think the converstaion between Snow and Regina about Daniel's death just reinforced how paper-thin Regina's revenge motivation is - "you didn't do as I said", so now I'm going to blame you for my mother being an evil bitch and killing my lover.

I did like the theme of Regina continually having to pay a price for her magic, always with her love - killing her father, giving up her ring, and now Henry being harmed by the apple.

by Anonymousreply 47305/07/2012

So what the hell did Rumpy just do?

He just gave the Evil Queen her powers back!!

I was kind of hoping that everybody would be sent back, even Emma.

Well, there goes Malificent, again.

by Anonymousreply 47405/13/2012

A lot happened this episode and I liked it, but I couldn't help feeling that the plot developments were either rushed or went contrary to what had happened before.

Why, after everything that Emma's been through, does touching the book give her flashes of the past? She's already touched it before - did Henry's coma put her in a heightened state to believe?

After Snow / Mary basically taking the mature route and deciding she couldn't be with a man who didn't believe in her, the minute her past comes back all is forgiven? It would have been more interesting if she'd worked through those issues in the present without the benefit of her past memories.

The biggest reversal was Rumplestiltskin though - he learned hard lessons about his lust for power costing him love twice - with Belle and his son. But after he's gained Belle (and can presumably go search for his son), his first thought is bringing back magic and power?

It just seemed like they rushed "exciting" plot developments in contradiction of all the slow character building they'd done all season (at the expense of plot). Hopefully the writing next season is more balanced between the two.

by Anonymousreply 47505/14/2012

Well as to Emma's flashes: Storybrook has slowly been changing since Emma got there. First the clock started and other things began happening, but not all at once. So the flashes are just the latest thing.

by Anonymousreply 47605/14/2012

I loved Regina and Emma teaming up, can they please get married?

by Anonymousreply 47705/14/2012

Love the little throwdown between Emma and the Queen at the beginning.

So, Rumpelstiltskin brings magic to the 'real' world instead of transporting 'Storybrooks' back to the magic world? Is that how True Love is supposed to work?

Shows like Grimm and Once Upon a Time make me want to move to a place near a big ass forest (even with all the dangers lurking there).

by Anonymousreply 47805/14/2012

[bold]Once Upon A Time’s Season Finale: This Changes Everything[/bold]

After a few slow weeks, last night Once Upon A Time finally let all its cats out of the bag and then chased them around town with a vacuum. So let's break this mother down, because we have a lot of convenient ground to cover.

Spoilers ahead...

by Anonymousreply 47905/14/2012

[quote] The biggest reversal was Rumplestiltskin though - he learned hard lessons about his lust for power costing him love twice - with Belle and his son. But after he's gained Belle (and can presumably go search for his son), his first thought is bringing back magic and power?

He never changed. I think his actions are in character. Rumpy can't be ordinary. It's fine for him to be the richest man in town and know the truth about their real lives. But once everyone else also knows the truth, he needs to have something over them. He still cares only about being the most powerful, it's the only way that he thinks he can protect those he loves. He doesn't care about anyone else, or what will happen to the rest of the people in town.

by Anonymousreply 48005/15/2012

Nice to see the Sheriff again.

Thanks for that link R479. That was fun. I agree that they should have spread this out. It did feel rushed.

Can't wait to see what they'll do next season.

by Anonymousreply 48205/16/2012

I have to say, the purple cloud overtaking people, engulfing them and everyone being so scared, reminded me uncomfortably of 911.

by Anonymousreply 48305/16/2012

That's not true, R472. There were a lot of rumors as to their relationship last fall, and set insiders confirmed Goodwin and Dallas were dating but trying to be low-key as he had just separated from his wife.

How so, R483? How did it resemble 9-11?

by Anonymousreply 48406/24/2012

Jennifer with Sebastian Stan. And it looks like she's put on a little weight.

by Anonymousreply 48507/10/2012

The two "Jen"s at Comic Con.

by Anonymousreply 48607/16/2012

Bump Any news?

by Anonymousreply 48708/09/2012

Wow, Sebastian Stan, my hot little Hatter has bitch tits in that picture.

So is the Evil Queen/Regina going to be a gay icon for all those lil Baby Gays out there watching this show. Bitchy, great wardrobe both in the EF and the real world, powerful and pissed off that she is kept away from her stable boy!

Rumple skeezes me out...please no kissing scenes with Belle!

by Anonymousreply 48808/09/2012

It's baaa-aaack!

Anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 48908/26/2012

Looking forward

by Anonymousreply 49009/16/2012

JMo at Creative Emmys

by Anonymousreply 49109/16/2012

When did Jennifer Morrison get the boob job? She was never that big on House.

by Anonymousreply 49209/16/2012

Actually, she was noticeably bigger in the chest season 6, when the original team came back for a few episodes. Jennifer's also gained some weight in the last year.

by Anonymousreply 49309/16/2012

Okay I just finished watching the first season of Once. I liked it. As for Charming being boring. Yes, he's boring, but all good guys, true blue stand up chaps are.

by Anonymousreply 49409/16/2012

The real action is between Lena as Regina and JMo as Emma.

by Anonymousreply 49509/17/2012

JMo at a meet and greet. She really should go back to brunette, and cut off a few inches of her hair.

by Anonymousreply 49609/29/2012

Anyone else watching? What' with the goblin thingy?

It's a little bizarre that everyone knows who they are now. The whole thing where Emma knows who her parents are, and that they're the same age, is weird.

It would have been better if Emma still didn't know somehow.

by Anonymousreply 49709/30/2012

Who were the Snow White and Prince alikes at the start of the show. And the Asian warrior. Did they say? Apparently they were Malificent's victims?

by Anonymousreply 49809/30/2012

Oh. Mulan. I never saw that.

by Anonymousreply 49909/30/2012

Interesting. Emma touches Regina and her magic works.

by Anonymousreply 50009/30/2012

End of the thread?

by Anonymousreply 50110/01/2012

Ok,the thread does not end at 500. ...it looks lie Grimm and Once are both having good return episodes.

by Anonymousreply 50210/01/2012

Threads end at 600

by Anonymousreply 50310/01/2012

Thanks to ABC for preceding the Season 2 premiere with a summary of Season 1, for those who never saw the show - or for those of us who forgot all that happened on Season 1.

by Anonymousreply 50410/01/2012

I liked the premiere. Once Upon A Time is back bitches! And this time, with 100% more Mulan!

by Anonymousreply 50510/03/2012

I bet Prince Charming2.0 and Mulan were friends with benefits and that's why the show kept it so vague to whom he said his last 'I love you'. Shame the show got rid of the huntsman so early. He was the hottest of the male cast.

Is Pinnocchio dead? He must have changed completely before the mist came.

by Anonymousreply 50610/06/2012

Once Upon a Time is not doing well in the ratings. You guys better start watching this show, if you want it to be renewed.

by Anonymousreply 50703/11/2013

The return of Grimm...it was good.

The story has picked up. The characters are more defined and they are letting the lead guy's side-kick have more fun with his lines.

However, the lead actor is still kind of nondescript.

by Anonymousreply 50803/16/2013

I still say Sasha Roiz is major hotness....... tall drink of water sexy as hell!!

by Anonymousreply 50903/16/2013

This Friday's Grimm was good-ish.

Am I right that the Grimm has gained some fighting powers after that near blindness?

He was always a milquetoast sort of hero. No charisma, just earnestness.

by Anonymousreply 51003/31/2013

I'm currently watching both and I don't think these series can be compared. Once is more Disney/family, as you said, whereas Grimm includes more violent and realistic scenes. In Grimm there is always a lot of suspens, which we can of course find also in Once, but you already know in advance tath the characters will succeed, that good always wins, etc...

by Anonymousreply 51101/06/2014
Need more help? Click Here.