Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why won't somebody tell Melissa Harris Perry to fix that jacked up hairline?!

I can't take her seriously. She's a mess! Am I the only one that sees it???

by Anonymousreply 8204/18/2015

My friend had a jacked up hairline. And then she died.

by Anonymousreply 110/20/2011

OP -- post a pic of her jacked up hairline so I'll know what to be looking for next time she lisps her way through a TV appearance. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 310/20/2011

Here you go, r3.

by Anonymousreply 410/20/2011

Do you think it's a frig, R4?

"frig" = "fright wig"

by Anonymousreply 510/20/2011

She's working on the lisp first, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 610/20/2011

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 710/23/2011

How many of you were professors at Princeton? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 1110/23/2011

Really MHB/R10? Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 1210/23/2011

Love this comment about Al Sharpton from R4's link:

“Sharpton is a bridge too far. He is neither well-educated nor well-informed, and he is not well-spoken. He is a street corner debater with no new information and little information of any kind or vintage. He tries to generate interest by being loud, aggressive, and belligerent. This is fine when the comments of a guest warrant it, but it isn’t a good default demeanor.”

To those of us who remember the Tawana Brawley mess, it's absurd that anyone gives this two bit hustler an once of credibility.

by Anonymousreply 1310/23/2011

She should wear her hair down so no one notices how jacked up her hairline is.

by Anonymousreply 1510/23/2011

Wasn't there a "Bracewell" in her name at some point?

by Anonymousreply 1610/23/2011

If someone has a brilliant mind, what does it matter what her hairline looks like. I don't always agree with Melissa Harris Perry, and I suppose her life experiences are vastly different from mine, but she shows a willingness to discuss the provocative...the verboten. People who dismiss her as an angry black woman are the reason this country will never be able to completely bridge the racial divide(s). One side wants to ignore the process that his been made and the other side wants to delegitimize any claims that racism still exists. As a result, frank dialogue can't occur and whites remain considered racist, while blacks are viewed as whiny.

Melissa Harris Perry is an academic. She raises the issues she does to facilitate discussion, not to chastise white people. Her friendship with people like Rachel Maddow and Chris Hayes speaks volumes...they're the kind to engage in the world rather than sit back and criticize from the sidelines.

PS: I can't stand Al Sharpton's show and I know he has a checkered past, but why do people seem to blame him more than Tawana Brawley? She lied and he thought he was defending her honor, so while he should've apologized once the truth came to light, there's no point in continuing to rake him through the coals. Plus, since people here are fond of looking at things in terms of black and white, why can't they acknowledge his support for gay equality? He's been the loudest voice in the black community for supporting gay marriage, serving openly in the military, gay adoption rights, etc. NONE OF US, not one single one of us would be anywhere in this world if it weren't for the concept of redemption. We all fall short and we all rely on the forgiveness of others to get by in life.

by Anonymousreply 1710/23/2011

R16, she used to be Melissa Harris Bracewell, but she married a guy (?!) with the last name Perry within the past year.

by Anonymousreply 1810/23/2011

R19, you're lying and it's pretty disingenuous for you to use hyperbole to prove a point.

by Anonymousreply 2010/23/2011

(r18) -- Now I'm confused. Because I thought I heard her say one time that she and her girlfriend had kids together. She's not a lesbian?

And I also thought she taught at Tulane.

by Anonymousreply 2310/23/2011

r20, did you read her diatribe? That's not hyperbole! Liberals slammed her for her idiotic piece. She even called Joan Walsh a racist. The woman is unhinged! She's an extremist.

by Anonymousreply 2410/23/2011

No. She's not a lesbian. She got remarried recently, thus the reason for the "Perry".

by Anonymousreply 2510/23/2011

She and her GIRLFRIEND!... well there you have it M.H. Case closed

by Anonymousreply 2610/23/2011

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 2710/23/2011

Her husband is FUG!

by Anonymousreply 2810/23/2011

Is she related to Rick Perry?

by Anonymousreply 2910/23/2011

I tried to fix her hairline, but not even needle and thread could help.

by Anonymousreply 3010/23/2011

r29, don't get her started on that joke.

by Anonymousreply 3110/23/2011

She's a true liberal. I love her and don't get why she's suddenly become a target of hate around here. Go after a conservative who's REALLY doing you harm.

by Anonymousreply 3210/23/2011

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 3410/23/2011

I thought Rick Perry was married to a white woman?

by Anonymousreply 3510/23/2011

[quote]She's as atrocious as Sharpton. How ironic she trashes him. I wonder if she has a chip on her soldier, or she's doing this for shock value

You lie, R19. Harris-Perry CO-HOSTS Al Sharpton's radio show one day every week.

by Anonymousreply 3610/24/2011

It is fantastic to see everyone's opinion about a single person. I's suppose she's subjected to criticism because as a journalist/anchor, it's what she does. Then again, that's why these entries are listed as anonymous. I wouldnt want anyone to see how ignorant I can be either. PLEASE USE INTELLIGENCE!!! What on God's green earth does her hairline, lisp and wrongly rumored lesbianism have to do with her career? Her success has been sustained inspite of a lisp, being turned down a full scholarship before and a previously failed marriage. Yet, she's still standing. Now if you want to criticize something, consider yourself.

by Anonymousreply 3712/06/2012

Drudge at r39

by Anonymousreply 4110/26/2013

A lot of lies about MHP on this thread. I smell tea baggers.

Comparing her to Malkin is like comparing Maddow to Hannity.

by Anonymousreply 4310/26/2013

Really telling that all of the jackass postings on this site are "anonymous"...or is that the name of one person with that name who hates Melissa? I say hates because after reading through 10 posts, the comments were so mean and personal about her hairstyle (her choice) and her lisp (her speech capacity...not the content of that speech). Who are you people...maybe Tea Party or political pranksters that her intellect gets to big time? I LOVE MELISSA HARRIS-PERRY!!!!! Yvonne Haskins

by Anonymousreply 4410/26/2013

I like it. It reminds me of the Borg Queen from Star Trek.

by Anonymousreply 4510/26/2013

r45 Maybe with a little Bene Gesserit thrown into the mix?

by Anonymousreply 4610/26/2013

With zillions of bucks to spend on technical plant and personnel, NBC did't exactly overspend on MSNBC, which puts out some seriously crappy audio. MHP's 'lisp' is largely due to some idiot's misuse of a device called a 'de-esser' on the female anchors, which is normally used to tone down sibilance. Screw it up and remove the sss entirely, and you lisp, dear.

by Anonymousreply 4710/26/2013

R43 Agreed: this thread is a smear campaign by paid trolls: what else do they have other than attacking a woman's appearance. Pathetic.

I think this woman has a brilliant feminist mind: her study of how conservative and religious forces in our government are actively working to push women out of the public sphere. I respect her allot.

by Anonymousreply 4810/26/2013

The idea that anyone who disagrees with you is a "paid troll" is beyond paranoid.

...and PS - allot?

by Anonymousreply 4910/26/2013

She is fabulous, there's nothing bad to say about her, unless of course you are a bigoted, racsist asshat. She's intelligent and well intended, gor ALL people.

by Anonymousreply 5010/26/2013

R49 thanks for proving my point: at least you chose to pick on my grammer/spelling and not my physical attributes: you must be evolving somewhat out of that cave.

by Anonymousreply 5110/26/2013

Are you the freeper weirdo whose always giggling about how "I can't help it--Ted Cruz is SO hot!"/"I'm ashamed to admit it, but Sarah Palin is SMOKIN'!", then making a snide comment about the alleged physical short-comings of someone on the "left"?

Don't you think it's time for a new schtick?

by Anonymousreply 5210/26/2013

Seems like this is a Fox troll thread to me. Why don't you ladies find your own website over on Hannity.com

by Anonymousreply 5310/26/2013

r8, is racist freeper scum.

by Anonymousreply 5410/26/2013

MHP does many things right on her show, and I especially like that she books guests who aren't "the usual suspects." However, I do find her speech impediment to be very distracting.

Why are people bringing up Al Sharpton in this thread? He and MHP have nothing in common other than liberal politics and racial identity. They have completely different styles.

by Anonymousreply 5510/26/2013

R56 mysogonist freeper troll: how much is Glenn Beck paying you?

by Anonymousreply 5710/27/2013

She gets off on making white liberals feel properly guilty about their "white privilege" -- I know some folks think I'm a racist Teabagger, but if that's so, please explain why I totally respect Joy Reid and Eugene Robinson? Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 5910/27/2013

R59, kudos to you for throwing out the name of the brilliant Joy Reid, but that doesn't make you any less of a troll. MHP is an intelligent and insightful woman who steps outside of the box and discusses topics that are often ignored by the mainstream media (especially issues related to inequality of all kinds). And it's very significant that a recent analysis showed that The Melissa Harris Perry show has the most diverse panels of any other show on cable TV. The diversity of her guests often leads to a freshness in dialogue that can be stifled when these shows rely on the same handful of paid analysts (Josh Barro, Steve Rattner, Eugene Robinson, et al.).

by Anonymousreply 6010/27/2013

I honestly feel that way, R60. Does stating my opinion make me a "troll"? At the very least, she's insensitive to white viewers, and ought to make it much clearer that most people are NOT racist/sexist/homophobic/etc.

by Anonymousreply 6110/27/2013

My such a lot of hatred going on here.

by Anonymousreply 6211/24/2013

So she has a speech impairment. Who cares? It doesn't mean that she can't do her job. If someone had a seeing or hearing impairment would you make fun of them too? Let's all grow up and act like adults.

by Anonymousreply 6301/04/2014

She's got OTHER problems at this time.

by Anonymousreply 6401/04/2014

I love her. Someone on TV who is not afraid to tell the truth about white people. What could be better?

by Anonymousreply 6501/04/2014

Well, since her main vehicle for communication is speech, then a speech impediment is a problem.

by Anonymousreply 6601/04/2014

OP, you are the type of person that pays attention to superficial, mean spirited, vacuous, and morally bankrupt things. Don't get upset that most people are not like that.

by Anonymousreply 6701/04/2014

Wher does msnbc find the likes of milissa and queers like rachel maddow???? Tyey are arrogant and ignorant .they don't belong on the air!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 6904/05/2014

She's unwatchable.

And have you noticed that Rachael Maddow has no body whatsoever. Her "outfit" just drapes on her.

by Anonymousreply 7004/05/2014

She's got a few issues like that and the vocal delivery that need some work. You know what though? She's got more going on in a day than half of the people on here though, so I don't fault her. Let her do her thing. If her hairline keeps you from being interested in the day's events then the news probably isn't for you anyway.

by Anonymousreply 7104/05/2014

MHP is MSNBC's version of Bill O'Reilly.

There, I said it.

by Anonymousreply 7204/05/2014

She's an idiot and a racist. I still get a good laugh at her tearful apology. It's forever golden.

by Anonymousreply 7304/05/2014

The attention whore has worn tampon earrings.

by Anonymousreply 7404/05/2014

MHP IS AN IDIOT,! Tampon earings,that ses it all,she an ass hole!!

by Anonymousreply 7504/15/2014

Mph is an uneducated want to be!! Why would msnbc be so blind ? Just look her and maddows rating. Daaaaaaaa

by Anonymousreply 7604/15/2014

MHP is unwatchable

by Anonymousreply 7704/16/2014

She think she cute

by Anonymousreply 7804/16/2014

IRS files $70K tax lien against Harris-Perry, husband

by Anonymousreply 7904/17/2015

I find Harris Perry much more watchable and interesting than Joy Reid (or is it Reed).

Someone please tell Rachel Maddow that the Rev. Al Sharpton is a guy (despite all the curls)

by Anonymousreply 8004/17/2015

I find Reid a lot more watchable and interesting. I just got annoyed when MSNBC would have Reid as a guest on 3 or 4 shows a day. I'd watch a Saturday show with her as the host.

by Anonymousreply 8104/18/2015

What does anyone know about her parents or her husband? Other than that one of her parents is white and the other black?

by Anonymousreply 8204/18/2015
Need more help? Click Here.