Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

John Benjamin Hickey

Anyone know him? Is he in a relationship? I've been watching him on the Big C and really love his acting. I also think he's kind of hot. What's the dirt or just some info??

by Anonymousreply 2404/24/2013

he dates an old man for his money

by Anonymousreply 101/31/2013

Isn't he quite old himself, R1?

by Anonymousreply 201/31/2013

but the boyfriend is much older

by Anonymousreply 301/31/2013

His PARNTER, Jeffrey Richman, is much older than him and very wealthy - a producer and stockbroker.

JBH thanked him when he won his Tony 2 years ago...

But in the past, JBH fooled around with Nathan Lane, Victor Garber and Stephen Sondheim....

by Anonymousreply 401/31/2013

[quote] a producer and stockbroker.

He's a sitcom writer. He writes for Modern Family and has written for many other shows.

by Anonymousreply 501/31/2013

I used to think he was interesting, but then I heard all kinds of stories about him - he's apparently quite whorish and materialistic. The same kinds of rumors as that Denis O'Hare guy, another cute actor who aged poorly.

by Anonymousreply 601/31/2013

Who hasn't tricked with Victor Garber?

by Anonymousreply 701/31/2013

His PARNTER`s last name-nomen est omen.

by Anonymousreply 801/31/2013

There were rumors that he tried to "go straight" by screwing his CABARET co-star Natasha Richardson (he played Cliff, the Christopher Isherwood stand-in character; in the original Broadway prodution, Cliff was 100% hetero, but for this revival, he was made bisexual to match the film).

Not sure I really believe those rumors. He does strike me as a potentially nasty person.

Has a nice butt though.

by Anonymousreply 901/31/2013

BFF with Laura Linney, which is how he got his role on THE BIG C.

by Anonymousreply 1001/31/2013

[quote]But in the past, JBH fooled around with Nathan Lane

JBH must have been drunk out of his mind. Why would he sleep with Nathan Lane? Anybody in the L!V!C! cast would have been better than Nathan Lane.

by Anonymousreply 1101/31/2013

For what it's worth he also fooled around with Andy Cohen. They admitted it when he was a guest on the show. I find him very cute in a non-threatening way.

by Anonymousreply 1201/31/2013

I'd never heard of the guy until I started watching that abortion that poor old Laura Linney is now stuck on. Mercifully, it's being cancelled though.

This Hickey guy is so gross and disgusting on the show I could no longer bear (or, is it bare?) to watch him. The role is so lowbrow, the acting so painfully, torturously bad, the subject matter so sophomoric and stupid that I just can't believe this is coming from people who've received awards for their acting in other places.

For those who've seen The Big C, you'll know what I'm talking about. (i.e. Hickey's character showing his infected toe and ingrown toenail and giving it a name and talking to it and chewing every scene he's in, etc. etc. etc.). He actually makes Oliver Platt look like Laurence Olivier.

by Anonymousreply 1301/31/2013

Is this the guy that tried to kill Jodi Foster? ...and now he's acting??

by Anonymousreply 1401/31/2013

He was on Watch What Happens Live tonight....he is soooo gross and nauseating

by Anonymousreply 1504/24/2013

Takes one to know one,R15

by Anonymousreply 1604/24/2013

r16-----star fucker

I meant the fawning over Linney and the hickey....not his looks BTW

by Anonymousreply 1704/24/2013

Then it`s `it` , not `he`.

by Anonymousreply 1804/24/2013

Stay away from him op. Take my word for it.

by Anonymousreply 1904/24/2013

Actually I just looked at the above posts (and a few other threads) about his boyfriend and I'm gonna go back to he is gross.

He married an old man for his money....well Scott Thorson indeed.

by Anonymousreply 2004/24/2013

Hickey and Linney were on WWWL with Andy tonight. I was surprised AC didn't name him Jackhole of the Day.

by Anonymousreply 2104/24/2013

That fucker has an eighthead instead of a forehead.

by Anonymousreply 2204/24/2013

Hickey is also a close friend of Jennifer Jason Leigh, which is not surprising given that she is one of Hollywood's biggest faghags (also BFFs with Alan Cumming, Marc Jacobs, Denis O'Hare, super-gay Scottish director John Maybury...)

by Anonymousreply 2304/24/2013

Hickey would be friend Satan if it meant an acting role.

by Anonymousreply 2404/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.