Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who's Met Michelle Pfeiffer

For someone so gorgeous, she seems very down to Earth, and cool. Has anyone met her? I'm still trying to find out what cult she was part of.

by Anonymousreply 34906/06/2015

I did not meet her, but I stood next to her on the street once. She looked like an 85-lb dried apple doll. Oh, and thin hair.

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2011

OP, her eyes are amazingly beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2011

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2011

I've heard that she was so cold to Winona Ryder on the set of "The Age of Innocence" that Winonan thought she hated her. I've also heard that if you even mention Grease 2 to her in a phone conversation, she'll hang up on you.

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2011

It was maybe two or three years ago. She's teeny-tiny. Like her shoulders were only a foot wide.

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2011

haha r5. She talks about Grease 2 all the time, and that directors bring it up to her. She finds it hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2011

It's true, R5, that Michelle hung up on Nana Mouskouri who had asked her about Grease 2, but to be fair to Michelle, Nana thought she was calling Maxwell Caulfield but mis-dialed and called Michelle three times in a row. Irritating!

by Anonymousreply 910/12/2011

Thanks for the visual description, R6. I never knew she was that slight of build. How tall do you think she is barefoot?

by Anonymousreply 1010/12/2011

I've heard that if you mention Grease 2 to her, she will throw you into a grease fire. On the other hand, if you mention Batman Returns, she'll lick you.

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2011

I liked her 'til she did that interview recently about plastic surgery as if she hadn't had any. She had a very major nosejob before she was in Scarface.

by Anonymousreply 1210/12/2011

Major, r12? It looks about the same to me.

by Anonymousreply 1310/12/2011

R2, Google says she's anywhere from 5'6" to 5'7 and 1/2". To me, she didn't even look as tall as that. So, so skinny. Little pencil legs.

by Anonymousreply 1410/12/2011

I saw her Catwoman costume on display somewhere and it was on an incredibly short manequin. I'm 5'7' and I don't think it came up to my shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 1510/12/2011

R14, she definitely looks shorter than that. Maybe 5'4".

by Anonymousreply 1610/12/2011

[quote]I saw her Catwoman costume on display somewhere

T.J. Maxx?

by Anonymousreply 1710/12/2011

I did and then I died.

by Anonymousreply 1810/12/2011

I'm sure that many celebrities hate having fans excitedly come up to them. Michelle in particular seems like she'd hate this.

by Anonymousreply 1910/12/2011

She liked when a woman came up to her and said that she was proud of having small tits because of her.

Michelle hates being a beauty. She says that it's stopped her from getting roles. They always want her as the love interest.

by Anonymousreply 2010/12/2011

She did have a pretty major nose job, it completely changed her from being an average cute SoCal blonde to the gorgeous woman we know from the 80's and 90's.

by Anonymousreply 2110/12/2011

Re: the religious cult - it's never been named, just that it was some kind of quasi-religious, vegetarian cult.

by Anonymousreply 2210/12/2011

Interesting stuff, R20. Funny story about the woman who came up to her.

Does anybody know which roles she might've missed out on because of her looks? I can see how she'd hate to be objectified because unlike most Hollywood people she is not some vacant personality. Damaged maybe.

by Anonymousreply 2310/12/2011

R22, maybe they tried to get her to eat vegan cat food or something.

by Anonymousreply 2410/12/2011

R22, what the hell is that. Do they worship vegetables or something?

by Anonymousreply 2510/12/2011

Yes R25. The eggplant in particular.

by Anonymousreply 2610/12/2011

I wonder how many men she's had sex with. Forget the prostitute rumors, did she ever have a slutty reputation, or a casting couch reputation?

by Anonymousreply 2710/12/2011

Didn't Patricia Heaton call out Pfeiffer for lying about having plastic surgery?

I thought those two had a feud a while back?

by Anonymousreply 2810/12/2011

She's been married to David E. Kelly. She gets props for that. He's not exactly good looking, nor a talker. He's also not written roles for her, so it's not like she married him for the work. I don't think she's ever slept around to be honest. She's a bit of a feminist too.

by Anonymousreply 2910/12/2011

[quote]She's a bit of a feminist too.

Aren't they all?

by Anonymousreply 3010/12/2011

r28 Patricia Heaton is a fat, fascist cow.

by Anonymousreply 3110/12/2011

R13 must be blind.

by Anonymousreply 3210/12/2011

Definitely shaved down a few times over the years, but she was still good looking beforehand.

by Anonymousreply 3310/12/2011

Michelle is on the record as loving a bit of nip and tuck. She's had good work done, too.

by Anonymousreply 3410/12/2011

She's had cheek implants, too.

by Anonymousreply 3510/12/2011

Gorgeous eyes.

by Anonymousreply 3610/12/2011

r35, THAT is complete bullshit. She has not.

I can't judge from her high school photo. People have baby fat, and the shape of her nose is basically the same. People are so bad at spotting plastic surgery a lot of times. Those celeb plastic surgery web sites are a joke. They'll have a person smiling in one photo, with a none-smiling photo sitting next to it. Hey genius, smiling stretches your features.

by Anonymousreply 3710/12/2011

BTW, the photo that says "early 90s", is actually "early 00s".

by Anonymousreply 3810/12/2011

Her 1980s nose:

by Anonymousreply 3910/12/2011

I found the WHERE THE FUCK IS MICHELLE PFEIFFER thread, but the contents got deleted. Thank you, webmaster!

by Anonymousreply 4010/12/2011

Wow, R39 -- you don't usually see that much side-boob from the middle.

by Anonymousreply 4110/12/2011

When I was a kid I wished that Kurt Cobain had dated and married Michelle Pfeiffer instead of Courtney Love.

by Anonymousreply 4210/12/2011

She deserved an Oscar for her portrayal of Catwoman.

by Anonymousreply 4310/12/2011

What R42? That is a very weird combo.

by Anonymousreply 4410/12/2011

She never won an Oscar, right?

by Anonymousreply 4510/12/2011

When I was a little girl, I wanted nothing more than to be a cool rider.

by Anonymousreply 4610/12/2011

R37 is a fucking moron. She's had a very obvious nose job.

Pfieffer through the years.

Her nose in 1976 looks NOTHING like her nose in 2007 or 2010.

by Anonymousreply 4710/12/2011

Agreed R47. Obvious nosejob.

by Anonymousreply 4810/12/2011

That bitch... she thinks her shit don't stink!

by Anonymousreply 4910/12/2011

I think somebody here once mentioned her having had issues with her dad, something about growing up to be a nobody. Any more info on that?

by Anonymousreply 5010/12/2011

This is what her nose and face looked like before plastic you can see, it was desperately needed.

by Anonymousreply 5110/12/2011

June 1993 during her acceptance speech at the 17th Annual Women In Film Luncheon, she felt the need to comment on roles certain actresses were taking.

Michelle began, 'So this is the year of the woman. Well, yes, it's actually been a good year for women. Demi Moore was sold to Robert Redford for $1 million. Uma Thurman went to Mr De Niro for $40000 and just three years ago Richard Gere bought Julia Roberts for -what was it- $3000? I'd say that was real progress.'

Both Demi Moore and Sherry Lansing, head of Paramount Studios, and producer of Indecent Proposal, were present in the room.

Michelle continued, 'Fortunately our values as individuals and women are not determined by our cultures but by ourselves. I know that I am here because many of you have been here before me creating my opportunity.'

by Anonymousreply 5210/12/2011

I found it. Heaton didn't say it was Pfeiffer, and she did apologize to Michelle.

Patricia Heaton still isn't naming names, exactly, but she is begging the pardon of fellow actress Michelle Pfeiffer after suggesting on TV that the 44-year-old star had a face-lift.

You'll recall Heaton told David Letterman last week that a "very famous actress" on the "cover of a big fashion magazine" was denying she'd had any nips or tucks - even though Heaton claimed to have interviewed the actress' plastic surgeon. Pfeiffer happens to be on the cover of the new Harper's Bazaar, where she talks about her fear of plastic surgery and Botox treatments.

Yesterday, Heaton said she was just trying to be funny. "In an attempt at being humorous, I made statements regarding an actress and plastic surgery that were completely fabricated," the "Everybody Loves Raymond" cast member told us. She added that it is "erroneous" to construe she was talking about Pfeiffer.

"I have since spoken with Michelle, and she has very graciously accepted my apology," said Heaton.

Pfeiffer's spokeswoman seemed satisfied with the apology, but warned: "This is serious. I don't want this to just be a joke that went awry."

by Anonymousreply 5310/12/2011

She gave Garry Marshall script notes for New Years Eve where she suggested her character fucks Zac Efron with a strap-on as the ball drops.

by Anonymousreply 5410/12/2011

by Anonymousreply 5510/12/2011

Is anorexic.

by Anonymousreply 5610/12/2011

by Anonymousreply 5710/13/2011

Who's tasted her sweet gash?

by Anonymousreply 5810/13/2011

Her nose in the 1980 film "The Hollywood Knights"...

by Anonymousreply 5910/13/2011

...looks just like her "Scarface" nose, to me

by Anonymousreply 6010/13/2011

Her nose job was subtle (unlike, for example Halle Berry's nose job, or Angelina Jolie's). I think her original nose was perfectly fine. I guess she thought it needed a little refining.

by Anonymousreply 6110/13/2011

R62, is this your sole issue of interest? Would you be dead without it?

by Anonymousreply 6310/14/2011

[italic]I think somebody here once mentioned her having had issues with her dad, something about growing up to be a nobody. Any more info on that?[/italic]

Wow? Really? I've heard her mention him. I don't think I've heard her say much either way about their relationship. She did say that she was a handful growing up.

She did do drugs.

Is it just me, or does she come across as a woman who has a lot of demons? She is just way to quiet, and guarded in interviews. There must be some shady shit in the her past.

by Anonymousreply 6410/14/2011

Not true, R5. Winona said in an interview that she and Shelly bonded during filming and they would sing showtunes, particularly OKLAHOMA, much to the annoyance of Daniel Day Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 6510/14/2011

by Anonymousreply 6611/14/2011

I saw a trailer for New Years Eve. She is the best looking woman in the film, however I do not understand why would she appear in such dreck.

by Anonymousreply 6711/14/2011

Unfortunately, being in the phony Hollywood game for so long wears on a person, even someone who was more 'real' and sensitive than most celebrities. She always seemed a bit uneasy about Hollywood, no wonder she is happy to be in crap in exchange for staying low profile and for the check.

by Anonymousreply 6811/14/2011

Is it true she's into coke or meth?

by Anonymousreply 6911/14/2011

[quote]Her nose job was subtle (unlike, for example Halle Berry's nose job, or Angelina Jolie's). I think her original nose was perfectly fine. I guess she thought it needed a little refining.

You are blind or a fucking moron. Her nose job is very obvious and falls into the same category as Sissy Spacek/Michele Lee/Calista Flockhart.

by Anonymousreply 7011/14/2011

[quote]You are blind or a fucking moron.

This early in the morning and you can't help yourself to spit your bile at people? You miserable, miserable creature. I feel sorry for you.

by Anonymousreply 7111/14/2011

R52, that makes me love her even more!

She was gorgeous in Batman Returns, she was stunning in White Oleander! yeah, I know...Mary!

Didn't Cher say she was a very difficult woman to get to know?

by Anonymousreply 7211/14/2011

That makes me love her more, too. Most actresses are afraid of rocking the boat.

by Anonymousreply 7311/14/2011

Years ago, while I was doing my laundry, a friend stopped by my house to return something I'd loaned him. He was accompanied by a woman he introduced only as "Michelle", without mentioning her last name. She was vaguely familiar, but in the "I've seen her around town" way. She was fairly quiet and polite, but her few additions to conversation were amusing. I liked her, especially since she volunteered to pair my socks.

Weeks later, I saw a photo of Pfeiffer on a magazine cover, and immediately recognized her. My friend still teases me about having a celebrity help me with the laundry.

I never met her again.

by Anonymousreply 7411/14/2011

She sounds like a doll, R74. But that must have been a really, really long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 7611/14/2011

They met at an art supply store, R75. If I recall correctly, she had asked him about his experience with brushes they were both looking at. One thing led to another, and they became chummy for a while- not especially close, but friendly enough to occasionally spend some time together. As far as I know, they've lost touch.

by Anonymousreply 7711/14/2011

I forget exactly when it was, R76; but a long time ago, for certain. It had to have been between spring of 1983 and winter '87/'88.

by Anonymousreply 7811/14/2011

I had a short term boyfriend who has known her since high school He used to watch her house for her when she was out of town He said she is SUPER private ,even her agent didnt have her phone number?? ,that he would invite me over to her house when he was house sitting,,but she would have to meet me first ,which I totally understood

This was about 1989 ,when she was really popular He said shes a really nice person ,just very shy and private,scared to death about stalkers ,etc.

I met Dee Dee,her sister ,who didnt get the awesome looks ,but at certain angles could be Michelle's twin,dealt with being "the sister of" with a good sense of humor She was very cool

by Anonymousreply 7911/14/2011

[quote][R71] you sound like you are a little too delicate to be on here Honey if your tampon gets this twisted perhaps you are on the wrong messageboard. Now run along and wash the skidmarks off your pajama jeans. Now run along you self righteous cooze.

I understand that you need to strike at someone. Miserable people tend to do that. I guess anonymous posts work best for a coward like you...

Obviously you deleted your cookies, R70. You are a sad person.

by Anonymousreply 8111/14/2011

Brush the crumbs off your tits R81. You seem a little "speical".

by Anonymousreply 8211/14/2011

I do not think "New Year's Eve" is going to be the best picture to "re-introduce" her to film-goers. But, "Dark Shadows" sure will be and I wish her the best on that one because it looks like it will do well.

It is hard for me to snark on someone who took time off of their own volition to raise their children. She did that at a rather high point of her fame.

by Anonymousreply 8311/14/2011

[quote]Brush the crumbs off your tits [R81]. You seem a little "speical".

I love how you use you misogyny to insult. What's wrong with you, really? I mean, you are not normal. Just curious...

by Anonymousreply 8411/14/2011

To the guy who's male friend had a connection to MF through art supplies: was your friend gay?

by Anonymousreply 8511/14/2011

Great gossip, R79. I can understand how a celebrity would be freaked out by a fear of stalkers. It seems perfectly reasonable to me. A few questions:

(1) Did you meet her sister Dee Dee in 1989?

(2) Is your boyfriend gay(just in case you are a straight female posting)?

(3) Any more descriptions of Michelle Pfeiffer's personality your ex boyfriend gave of her? Quirks, behaviors, emotions, etc.? What was the general impression you had of her based upon what he said?

by Anonymousreply 8611/14/2011

Listen up, r79.

This is very...very important.

Is your art pal gay?

by Anonymousreply 8711/14/2011

She has always pinged to me. I can see as a top. Maybe all the privacy has something to do with all that. Seems like she doesn't suffer fools, which is cool.

by Anonymousreply 8811/14/2011

[quote]To the guy who's male friend had a connection to MF through art supplies: was your friend gay?

Gay? Ohhhhhhh,yeah, R85; as gay as Gay Gayerson in a lavender tutu. Why?

by Anonymousreply 8911/14/2011

R86, here. Thanks, R89. My first two questions are not important at all, I just threw them in. I just wanted to know if she hung around gay guys, and if your acquaintance with her sister was from the same time.

But I'd still like to know about her personality. She strikes me as being a rather sensitive and hurt person, which is unusual and appealing for a star.

by Anonymousreply 9111/14/2011

[quote]God I hate when flyover fraus like [R84] derail threads with their bullshit. Run along and kick your mother in the cunt for not getting wire hanger in all the way.

Grow the fuck up, asshole. The only one polluting this thread is you, not R84.

by Anonymousreply 9211/14/2011

Please don't derail this thread, it's kind of interesting.

by Anonymousreply 9311/14/2011

That picture of Michele Pfeiffer pre-plastic surgery in high school has her looking a lot like Busy Phillips on "Freaks and Geeks"

by Anonymousreply 9411/14/2011

I still think Michelle's hiding something.

Dee Dee reminds me of a hooker. I don't know why. There is just something off about her. She looks like somebody who would be into drugs.

Michelle does come across as really shy, which is so damn weird for someone who knocks every performance she gives out of the park. She can deliver hilarious lines with little hesitation. I notice this with a lot of performers. They seem devoid of personality publicly, but in their films they steal the show.

Being that she is the most gorgeous woman in the world, I'd be surprised if she didn't have stalkers. She should have been the one having people shoot the President for her.

It's amazing that she said, (like a million others), that David E. Kelly is painfully quiet, and hard as fuck to get a word out of him. Maybe this is why they get along.

She is shit at choosing roles. The ones she turned down are infamous. If she had worked more, she'd be right up their with Meryl Streep. Pfeiffer obviously made a pact with the devil. She can do anything, and is drop dead gorgeous. It's funny that she hates her beauty, and is about the only person to complain about it, and not come off like a snob. People know that she's beautiful. There's no denying it.

I know she's a feminist, which makes me respect her even more. The woman is the handyman in her house for Christ's sake. I know someone who was in a yoga class with her, but said nothing. Michelle was sitting there with everyone else, like she wasn't a celebrity.

Anyway, it's amazing that this woman who looks like way that she does, has managed to keep tabloids, and the paparazzi at bay. People know very little about her, which again, brings me back to saying that there's something behind all of that. She can play psychotic on screen at the drop of a hat. She must be pulling it from somewhere.

Hey person who whose boyfriend house sat -- did you meet her? Did you stay in her house? I'd be going through all her shit. She wasn't married then, so I guess this was truly "her" home. None of that bullshit children's crap. All Michelle! She no longer lives in LA. She's got a farm, and a billion animals.

by Anonymousreply 9511/15/2011

She finally made the right decision doing "Dark Shadows"!

by Anonymousreply 9611/15/2011

I can't believe she was in that horrible TV movie with Ashton Kutcher of all people. She is so much better than that.

by Anonymousreply 9711/15/2011

by Anonymousreply 9811/15/2011

r97, that went straight-to-dvd. It was not made for television originally. Then she had the "I Could Never Be Your Woman" film with Paul Rudd, that was never released, and went straight-to-dvd too. It was the first film she did after being away for a considerable amount of years. She just did another one "Welcome To People" that seems to never be coming out.

Since her "return", she's done:

2005 - I Could Never Be Your Woman (straight to dvd)

2007 - Hairspray (a HIT)

2007 - Stardust (a film that basically no one saw - FLOP)

2009 - Personal Effects (straight to television)

2009 - Cheri (FLOP)

Basically, she's been in one hit movie in the last 6 years, and she wasn't even the star, and I'm not sure how many people even recognized her.

Since 2009, she has done the following, yet to be released:

2011 - New Year's Eve - Dir. Gary Marshall, huge ensemble cast with separate stories, Michelle made herself look ugly.

2011 - Welcome To People - was suppose to be a big deal from a famous guy who had written his first film. Has not yet been released, and seems DOA already.

2011 - Dark Shadows - Tim Burton, released next year.

by Anonymousreply 9911/15/2011

by Anonymousreply 10011/16/2011

by Anonymousreply 10211/17/2011

Do us all a favor, R101, and go back on your meds.

by Anonymousreply 10311/17/2011

Anybody else?

by Anonymousreply 10411/18/2011

I had a friend growing up who looked a lot like her. She's now about 500 pounds and covered head to toe in tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 10511/18/2011

R105, I wouldn't be surprised if she secretly dresses up like a cat, too.

by Anonymousreply 10611/18/2011

Even better: "Fats love cats".

by Anonymousreply 10711/18/2011

100 posts and no one complained about "Who's Met..." in the title?

by Anonymousreply 10811/18/2011

her sister Dee Dee killed her BF whom everyone thought commited suicide. google it. I know the guy's brother and his family believes Michelle's influence helped get DeeDEE off

by Anonymousreply 10911/18/2011

R108, we were saving it just for you.

by Anonymousreply 11011/18/2011

R109, are you joking, nuts, or telling the truth?

by Anonymousreply 11111/18/2011

[italic]100 posts and no one complained about "Who's Met..." in the title?[/italic]

Who's = Who Has

What's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 11211/18/2011

[italic]her sister Dee Dee killed her BF whom everyone thought commited suicide. google it. [/italic]

by Anonymousreply 11311/18/2011

DeDee is such a ho.

by Anonymousreply 11411/18/2011

Father: Dick Pfeiffer

Mother: Donna Taverna

Sister: Dedee Pfeiffer (actress, b. 1-Jan-1964)

Sister: Lori Pfeiffer (b. 1965)

Donna Taverna? Is Lori an actress?

by Anonymousreply 11511/18/2011

Profile for "Aaronmarqua", whose father was Ron Marquette, who went out with DeDee Pfeiffer, and committed suicide:

18 years old living in the uk for now trying to get this absolute nonsense of my father killing himself out of the way dede pfeiffer she is the murderer i hope she reads this all i can say is that if it wasn't for your rich family your asss would be in jail where you belong lets just leave it at that shall we

People are claiming that he had drug problems. I'm sure DeDee does too. She's probably like Mariah Carey's sister.

by Anonymousreply 11611/18/2011

Ronny is said to have had HIV.

by Anonymousreply 11711/18/2011

Good find, R116. Very weird story. The guy allegedly killed himself in front of Deedee. Maybe she didn't do enough to save him or something or let it happen. Just guessing.

by Anonymousreply 11811/18/2011

DeDee (NSFW)

by Anonymousreply 11911/18/2011

What I want to know is what was Michelle's beef with her family, or perhaps her father in particular? I think I remember someone in an old thread saying that her father said she'd never amount to anything, maybe something about him treating her like crap.

Obviously she has some old wounds, which is part of what makes her one of the few interesting celebrities. I think the men she's been with points towards that.

by Anonymousreply 12011/18/2011

Totally r120

by Anonymousreply 12111/18/2011

r120, clarify please.

Are you saying she has good taste in men, or bad taste in men due to her relationship with her father? Your comments could be taken either way. I don't think she's been with any bad men.

by Anonymousreply 12211/18/2011

She clearly has horrible taste in men.

by Anonymousreply 12311/18/2011

ditto r123 and Michelle was always hard to warm up to by the audience. Cold bitch

by Anonymousreply 12411/18/2011

She went to my high school in Orange County and my history teacher had her as a student and hated her. According to him, she was a class bully who had a couple weaker students that she would pick on. She was constantly disciplined for tormenting other students.

I remember Pfeiffer mentioning in interviews how she was an angry hell-raiser when he was younger. At least she owned up to it. I assume that means she's changed in adulthood.

by Anonymousreply 12511/18/2011

What's wrong with David E. Kelley?

by Anonymousreply 12611/19/2011

She had an affair with (hot at the time) John Malkovich when they filmed 'Dangerous Liaisons.' He was married, however, to Glenne Headley & their marriage broke up. Whoops.

by Anonymousreply 12811/19/2011

Michelle did in fact admit to being a discipline problem in her youth. I honestly can't see her being mean or unpleasant today. She seems so down-to-Earth, and kind. Not full of herself at all. I too, believe something happened in her upbringing. She really keeps things very basic when talking about her father. I believe she called him a disciplinarian. She got very teary-eyed this month when speaking about her mother, and how she encouraged her to follow her dreams. This was on the red carpet to an interviewer. She never really talks about her. I simply cannot believe the media has let her off the hook when it comes to her private life. She definitely made a pact with the devil. I seriously want to know the name of that cult she was in. Maybe that's why she's so quiet. Maybe she's afraid of them still.

by Anonymousreply 12911/19/2011

does anyone think she pings? or maybe that's just her tough girl showing?

by Anonymousreply 13011/19/2011

She should have won the Oscar for The Fabulous Baker Boys, but it went instead to that dried up gash Jessica Tandy as a career award for that horrible Driving Miss Daisy.

by Anonymousreply 13111/19/2011

Jessica Tandy is not dead. She faked her own death. She wunk at me at the corner of Park Avenue and 10th St.

by Anonymousreply 13211/19/2011

R128, John Malkovitch was certainly never 'hot'.

by Anonymousreply 13311/19/2011

Her dad Dick was a air conditioning repair man and he worked on my friend's AC and she said he was real nice, but very conservative!

by Anonymousreply 13411/19/2011

One of the most gorgeous set of eyes ever seen in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 13511/19/2011

r134, in families that a bit dysfunctional, they often don't show what they're like behind closed doors. Am I the only one who thinks Michelle has an eating disorder? I know she used to smoke, but smoking won't make you that thin.

She's always made fun of her duck lips.

I still have never understood how some actors are just natural at what they do. They can turn it on and off effortlessly. This is what's so maddening about Michelle. Most of the time you are either beautiful and talentless in Hollywood, or talented and a dog. She has it all, and she was never this over-educated being who went and studied acting for years. She did go and take classes, but she didn't devote her entire life to the subject. I still don't know how she actually got into the profession, but she did study under a known actress. She went to a community college for a year, and was a bag girl at a local supermarket for awhile. She doesn't come from a privileged background.

Does anyone know what her parents look like? I've never seen a photograph.

by Anonymousreply 13611/19/2011

[quote] Then she had the "I Could Never Be Your Woman" film with Paul Rudd, that was never released, and went straight-to-dvd too

I caught this on HBO a few months ago and wondered why I had never heard of it. It had tons of famous people in it, but it was indeed one of the worst movies *ever*.

by Anonymousreply 13711/19/2011

Funniest animated gif that's almost become an internet meme. Why is she making a face? Look at her daughter. lmao.

by Anonymousreply 13811/19/2011

R136, Kurt Cobain had both qualities, too.

by Anonymousreply 13911/20/2011

r107 well then tell that confused freak that gay men would NEVER go for that nasty gash!!

by Anonymousreply 14011/20/2011

r138 she has bored bitch face

by Anonymousreply 14111/20/2011

r137, it was all British actors, and was done in London. Even Tracey Ullman was in it.

by Anonymousreply 14211/20/2011

I like how her and the guy are taking turns chewing.

by Anonymousreply 14311/20/2011

by Anonymousreply 14411/20/2011

R95, I have a few comments/questions about your post:

What else did your friend say about how she acted at the yoga class(besides not acting like she was a star)? Standoffish, kind, weird, etc.?

[quote]Michelle does come across as really shy, which is so damn weird for someone who knocks every performance she gives out of the park. She can deliver hilarious lines with little hesitation. I notice this with a lot of performers. They seem devoid of personality publicly, but in their films they steal the show.

Yes, acting almost seems like living a double life(especially regarding 'stars'). But sometimes it's like the false personality doesn't end when off the set. It really destabilizes the building of a core personality. It's got to be an odd life to have that light switch mentality.

[quote]She is shit at choosing roles.

[quote]he can do anything, and is drop dead gorgeous. It's funny that she hates her beauty, and is about the only person to complain about it, and not come off like a snob.

Agreed again.

[quote]I still think Michelle's hiding something.....Anyway, it's amazing that this woman who looks like way that she does, has managed to keep tabloids, and the paparazzi at bay. People know very little about her, which again, brings me back to saying that there's something behind all of that. She can play psychotic on screen at the drop of a hat. She must be pulling it from somewhere.

What do you think she could be hiding from her past?

And yes, she is pretty private. I think there is an inner tension and intensity there that is very appealing, she is not a shallow person. My impression of her is that she is a person who felt denigrated, and maybe even has some old emotional wounds related to love or something. Maybe an odd family dynamic that still hurts her.

by Anonymousreply 14511/23/2011

Awesome gif:

by Anonymousreply 14611/23/2011

She was only 24 when she made Scarface. Not only did she give a great performance, but she looked and acted like a woman, not a girl. Why are all young women in movies looking like girls these days? Even actresses in their 30s act like girls.

by Anonymousreply 14711/23/2011

You are right, R147. It's widespread. I think there may have been some emotional issues earlier in her life that kept her from being light and carefree.

by Anonymousreply 14811/23/2011

My favorite part in Batman Returns is when she sprays, pounds, and then swipes away the dollhouse in a fit of rage.

I wish I could make a fucking mess like that when I'm hurt.

by Anonymousreply 14911/23/2011

Whatever her past, I know she:

hated Mel Gibson, early....(check)

made some really interesting risky script choices..... (check)

quietly adopted a black baby on her own and had to fight the the father who attempted extortion..... (check)

married, had another child, and moved her family out of hollywood..... (check)

has lived a very settled life as mother, wife and actress, in that order..... (check)

doesn't seem to need the attention to validate her life..... (check)

and, has a decent respectable body of work to show for her efforts

What's not to like.

by Anonymousreply 15011/23/2011

Her lawyer, Barry Kirsch, and Scarface producer, Marty Bregman, who she says are like highly influential father figures to her, strongly pushed her to adopt Claudia Rose.

They guilt tripped her.

by Anonymousreply 15111/24/2011

Her lawyer, Barry Kirsch, and Scarface producer, Marty Bregman, who she says are like highly influential father figures to her, strongly pushed her to adopt Claudia Rose.

I think they guilt tripped her into it.

by Anonymousreply 15211/24/2011

by Anonymousreply 15311/24/2011

Her meow is legendary.

by Anonymousreply 15411/26/2011

Is she the type that is extremely weary of starstruck people coming up to her?

by Anonymousreply 15512/01/2011

r155 Pheiffer is an admitted bitch who has no appreciation for her fans

by Anonymousreply 15612/01/2011

R156, I can't really blame her.

by Anonymousreply 15712/03/2011

Yes, she looks great for 53, but why is she in this shit?

by Anonymousreply 15812/07/2011

I want to hear from the poster who is obsessed with her again.

by Anonymousreply 15912/08/2011

wow they both look awful in those pix! Her eyes are now uneven from surgery and he looks like the gayest (as a slur in his case) man on earth. Shame she's a moron. Any real actress would have parlayed the power she held into creating actual acting challenges for herself. She's settled into becoming the low IQ, boring, blonde, plastic, SoCal nothing, trophy wife she once ran from being accused of being. Waste of talent. Waste of luck. Will never see another movie she makes in protest and disgust. She's the woman who wins the million dollar lottery and spends it all on wine coolers and hair dye in a month.

by Anonymousreply 16012/08/2011

by Anonymousreply 16107/06/2012

Pfeiffer was spotted hanging out with Crispin Glover at Exene Cervenka's (X) shop in Silver Lake probably fifteen years ago. She's an ultrahip alternaqueen, an artist and outsider, under the bewitching Hwood beauty. Cali Garbo. When is she going to play Joni Mitchell? Step on IT

by Anonymousreply 16207/06/2012

She was on Piers Morgan recently, but he was gone for the Diamond Jubilee and Sanjay Gupta did the actual interview. Gupta and her husbands are friends after having worked on a project together. He got quite a bit of information out of her, likely because she knew him before she went on the air. She never would have been on with Piers Morgan.

She has not had a face lift, but said she was not opposed to doing it later if she thought it was necessary. Similar comments to the ones that she made in the magazine article.

The only problem that I have with her is that she has become a vegan for health reasons because President Clinton did. Her rationale was that he was very smart and if he thought it was a good idea, she'd look into it. I don't think veganism is particularly healthy long term and I think Clinton looks bad. But I don't think she ever had an eating disorder. She is very disciplined about exercise. She said she doesn't like it but knows it is necessary. She said that anymore if she skips a few days, she starts to feel aches and pains.

Peter Horton supposedly got her out of a cult years ago, like maybe the late 70s or early 80s. He was her first husband. She never talks about it as far as I know. She admits being obnoxious in high school and a discipline problem. Maybe she just grew up.

by Anonymousreply 16307/06/2012

"She said that anymore if she"

Do you know English?

by Anonymousreply 16407/06/2012

R160, the rare genuine talents in Hollywood(actors, directors, etc) ALL become crap after having been in Hollywood around a bunch of flakes. None of them remain 'normal' and the talent disappears. They can't have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 16507/06/2012

She's 5'6"-I know the lady who was her stand-in on One Fine Day. Pfeiffer apparently saw a movie in which there was an insert shot of "her" hands which were actually a hand doubles. They looked older than hers. From then on she demanded approval of every hand and body double. That sounds reasonable to me.

by Anonymousreply 16607/06/2012

Any other dirt, R166?

by Anonymousreply 16707/06/2012

She should've played Catwoman again after Batman Returns.

by Anonymousreply 16807/06/2012

What about this long-standing rumor that she was a (very high-range) prostitute early in her career?

by Anonymousreply 16907/06/2012

What about the movie called Into The Night? I would like to know what she thought of it.

by Anonymousreply 17007/06/2012

Up Close and Personal was originally supposed to be a Jessica Savitch biopic. Had they gone with the original premise, Michelle would have secured the Oscar for sure.

by Anonymousreply 17107/06/2012

I think it's not really believed, R169. But there was a big info spill about Sharon Stone on DL recently that I do believe(that she was a prostitute). Check out this thread for some gold:

by Anonymousreply 17207/07/2012

How can anyone not love Michelle Pfeiffer? It's unheard of. I liked her playing the Beer Pong game on Jimmy Fallon. She seems more open these days.

by Anonymousreply 17307/07/2012

My friend liked her, R167. She said she and Clooney got along well but they both were frustrated by having to work with little kids the whole time. Clooney tried to pick up HIS stand-in on that!

by Anonymousreply 17407/07/2012

Thanks, R174.

by Anonymousreply 17507/07/2012

The plastic surgery queens insist that every pretty person had to be "fixed". Guess what assholes...some people are actually BORN pretty.

by Anonymousreply 17607/07/2012

more please!

by Anonymousreply 17709/14/2012

by Anonymousreply 17810/26/2012

anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 17908/18/2013

Fun fact: Michelle Pfeiffer and Tom Cruise are distant cousins. "Pfeiffer" is Tom's mother's maiden name.

by Anonymousreply 18008/18/2013

Saw her in Westwood in the early 90s. She had no makeup on, greasy hair, sweats, leather jacket. Surprisingly not that pretty without hair/makeup/right lighting, about 5'5"; would not consider her a natural beauty. This might have been around the time of The Fabulous Baker Boys.

by Anonymousreply 18108/18/2013

R181, are you sure it was her and not her sister?

by Anonymousreply 18208/18/2013

I thought it was interesting that, when accepting her star on the Walk of Fame, a fan gave her a copy of the Simpsons Season 5 boxset (she played Mindy, a co-worker of Homer's who he almost had an affair with) the conversation went like this: "Why would I sign that?" "You were in it," said the fan. "Season Five." "I was?" Kind of strange that you'd forget something like that. I know it was '93, but maybe I'm just bummed because it was such a classic episode.

by Anonymousreply 18308/18/2013

I met Michelle Pfeiffer in the late 80s in NYC. I went bowling with a friend of mine, who had a friend that was friends with Dan Ackroyd and he brought Michelle along. She was very nice and down to earth and v-e-r-y thin. More recently a friend of mine who is a private tutor in California, tutored her daughter Claudia Rose about three or four years ago. Michelle and her husband David Kelley went to my friend's for dinner several times. My friend says they are very devoted parents, very down to earth and again, extremely nice.My friend has never said anything negative about her.

by Anonymousreply 18408/18/2013

I remember when she was the cashier at the grocery store that my Grandmother shopped at in the 70's. She was very nice.

by Anonymousreply 18508/18/2013

Westwood Queen are you sure that you saw her??

by Anonymousreply 18608/23/2013

Interesting fact: Pauline Kael was the one who recommended Pfeiffer to Stephen Frears to play one of her signature roles, Madame de Tourvel in Dangerous Liaisons after Frears originally wanted to cast Kelly McGillis, and Kael was appalled.

by Anonymousreply 18708/23/2013

MP = Poster child for osteoporosis.

by Anonymousreply 18808/23/2013

Yes, I met her backstage at the SF Civic Center before a performance. She and Mama Cass were standing outside their dressing rooms talking when...

What? Wha???

Oh. Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 18908/23/2013

I've met her too and she was very kind to me.

by Anonymousreply 19008/24/2013

Just saw her do an interview the Luc Besson film she's in. Her impersonation of Tommy Lee Jones was funny. People who worked on the set said that she had a wicked sense of humor. For someone with her looks, it's amazing how down to Earth she seems, not to mention actually talented, and was never some blond bimbo. I still can't believe she has opted for plastic surgery yet. She even has massive lines on her forehead. You'd think she'd be botoxed to death. She really looks everyday her 55 years. No doubt she had a nose job, but it seems that it stopped there. Wonder why. Big tits could have helped her, but she never got implants. Maybe all the time she took off, staying home got her used to looking like crap. If her husband wasn't a big wig in Hollywood, she never would have taken time off. He's her lifeline in the industry when she's out of it. BTW, how did he snag her? He must have a massive dick.

by Anonymousreply 19108/24/2013

[quote]I've met her too and she was very kind to me.

[quote]More recently a friend of mine who is a private tutor in California, tutored her daughter Claudia Rose about three or four years ago

Was the kid a total cunt?

by Anonymousreply 19208/24/2013

Has David Kelley done anything in the last 10 years? He was everywhere for a while, and then nada.

by Anonymousreply 19308/24/2013

R192 No, the daughter was a lovely girl according to my friend who helped her with college prep, I believe. The whole family was nice and down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 19408/24/2013

I took an autograph from her and she seemed ok, a little cold with us but I don't think she's bad.

by Anonymousreply 19508/29/2013

"While taking acting classes in Los Angeles, the insecure actress was lured by a seemingly friendly couple that operated a vegetarian cult where, according to Pfeiffer, some brainwashing did occur. She was rescued by fellow actor and classmate Peter Horton, whom she married in 1981. Even decades after her induction in the veggie cult, Pfeiffer refused to elaborate on the details of what happened."

by Anonymousreply 19608/30/2013

r196, exactly what it states. Her first husband basically saved her. He was also doing a film that had a cult theme, and flew her with him while he did research with experts. It was finally what woke her up. I believe she gave them most of the money she made too. She had stated that she didn't believe in men coming to rescue of women, but thank her husband for basically saving her life. Barbara Walters asked her about it in a 1992 interview, where she was the biggest bitch whoever bitched. She was obviously in a really bad place and was about to retire from the business. A few years later, she was her bubbly self. I don't see an ego when I see her in interviews. She accepts and jokes about her age. I find that a lot of actresses who know that they're good at what they do, have no issue with how old they are anymore, people like Meryl Streep too.

Michelle really looks her age in interviews she doing for her new film. I saw her this week. She looks really old on screen too. She said a few years ago that it's hard to watch herself on screen, not only because she thinks her performance is not up to scratch, but also because she's watching herself age on screen.

It's really strange to see an actress with serious lines on her forehead like she has. Gary Marshall said, as well as herself, that she hates being beautiful. Maybe it's some sort of rebellion. We're so used to actresses botoxed and fillers to erase their lines to the point where Photoshop isn't even needed. Seeing wrinkles and lines is shocking today. She took so much time off, I wouldn't be surprised if she just got into the habit of not caring about the way she looks. Apparently, she's really into carpentry. I'd say that you don't have to get glammed up for that.

She really does seem like an insanely nice person.

by Anonymousreply 19708/30/2013

Her sister is a train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 19808/30/2013

Has she ever been with women? I always thought there was something between her and Jessica Lange. Their chemistry was intense.

by Anonymousreply 19908/30/2013

I thought she had chemistry with Susan Sarandon.

by Anonymousreply 20008/30/2013

The film she was recently signed to directed by Tim Robbins, had her character falling for another woman.

by Anonymousreply 20108/30/2013

"Pauline Kael was the one who recommended Pfeiffer to Stephen Frears to play one of her signature roles, Madame de Tourvel in Dangerous Liaisons after Frears originally wanted to cast Kelly McGillis, and Kael was appalled."

Interesting. I always thought that Pfeiffer was one of the weaker aspects of LIAISONS - her anguish in the latter scenes seemed superficial (though I compared her at the time to the actress who played the role onstage and was riveting). McGillis could have been fine in the role - wonder what Kael's issue was.

I like Pfeiffer much of the time, but I don't find that she always has great chemistry with others. Jeff Bridges is an exception in BAKER BOYS, but there was zero heat between her and Daniel Day-Lewis in AGE OF INNOCENCE and with George Clooney in that rom-com they did.

by Anonymousreply 20208/30/2013

Michelle Pfeiffer strikes me as one of those actresses who have a very strong protective shell around them most of the time. Jessica Lange is another one. It's not necessarily a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 20308/30/2013

Why its not necessarily a good thing? She doesnt trust easily, but can you blame her;

by Anonymousreply 20409/03/2013

She and Jessica Lange are best friends. I also found zero chemistry between her and Daniel Day-Lewis. I heard she dated him and Michael Keaton. She definitely has a sense of humor, but she seems so weirdly guarded. Jack Nicholoson said that she has really low self-esteem. Cher still tells the story about when the two of them went out to a club and no one would approach them.

For someone who comes across as one of the nicest people in the world, it's hard to believe she was a bully in high school.

by Anonymousreply 20509/03/2013

BTW, is she naturally thin? She says she has sat around and gained weight eating, then starts exercising again. She said she found out she had dangerously high cholesterol, which is the reason she went Vegan, which helped get it down.

She's stayed pretty much apolitical through her career, but right after 911, she did an interview with Charlie Rose where he tried to get her to admit to having traditional/conservative family values, which she admitted to, but quickly followed up that she and her husband were not conservative politically. I liked how she was quick to point that out, and came across militant on the mention. She supported Obama and was invited to the White House correspondents dinner. She presented at the Trevor Awards. She just recently talked about gay marriage, but you can tell she tries to stay out of discussing politics.

A gay man got her into the industry. I think he was a hairdresser.

She said that she was hardly at school but passed without issue, but that she's basically a product of the LA education system, which she said sucks.

by Anonymousreply 20609/03/2013

Pfeiffer was magnificent in Liaisons. She reminded me of Garbo. And Glenn Close reminded me of Norma Shearer.

by Anonymousreply 20709/03/2013

I love R207.

by Anonymousreply 20809/03/2013

Michelle Pfeiffer s one of the few actors to SWEEP all four major critics awards for a performance (Baker Boys) and still lose the Oscar.

She gave a speech to the Hollywood women's club in 1993 where she said

"Well, this has been a very good year for women. Demi Moore was sold to Robert Redford for $1 million. Uma Thurman went for $40,000 to Mr. De Niro, while just a few years ago, Richard Gere bought Julia Roberts for - what was it - $3,000? I'd say that was real progress."

by Anonymousreply 20909/03/2013

she is awesome

by Anonymousreply 21009/04/2013

Have the actors who played with her in movies said something interesting about her?

by Anonymousreply 21109/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 21209/18/2013

I want to see that Tim Robbins-directed Pfeiffer lesbian movie mentioned above.

by Anonymousreply 21309/18/2013

Don't believe she's gay.

by Anonymousreply 21409/18/2013

She's too old to be that thin, she's starting to look sunken and ropey. She should gain 20 lbs

by Anonymousreply 21509/18/2013

Michelle Pfeiffer and Donna Mills look amazing for their ages.

by Anonymousreply 21609/18/2013

I haven't (can't!)read all 11 pages of this thread. Does anyone know the details about her Shakespeare in the Park experience in NYC years ago?

I didn't see it and don't recall the play, but an actor friend once told me the NY reviews were quite mixed, and a few were so cruel that she dropped into a deep depression.. then enrolled in some hardcore acting classes/coaching back in LA. She was already a well known film actress by this point.

I think she has grown a good deal as an actor.

by Anonymousreply 21709/18/2013

Complete this sentence: I love my husband because...

He's the most wonderful man I have ever met. He's kind, sweet, whole-hearted, humble, intelligent, funny, good-looking, incredible, an amazing father. I could go on and on...

by Anonymousreply 21809/18/2013

Amazing eyes

by Anonymousreply 21909/18/2013

Okay, so I Googled it.

She did TWELFTH NIGHT in Central Park back in 1989 with Jeff Goldblum (!) Can you imagine? I mean, a lot of fine film actors should never go near live Shakespeare.

I'm Googling the reviews now.

by Anonymousreply 22009/18/2013

[quote]What about the movie called Into The Night? I would like to know what she thought of it.

I love that movie

by Anonymousreply 22109/18/2013

I tried to watch Pfeiffer do Shakespeare in Central Park with that killer cast, first summer in NYC. There were huge lines, it was impossible unless you waited on line all day.

One negative thing I read about Pfeiffer's performance was it was difficult to hear her, that she wasn't projecting enough for an outdoor stage. I don't remember any serious criticism of her performance beyond that.

by Anonymousreply 22209/18/2013

I've met her a few times - We have a mutual friend. She's incredibly guarded. She didn't even talk the first time I met her.

She's very nice and very funny when she warms up. I'm 5'6" and she's maybe 5'4" and tiny.

by Anonymousreply 22309/18/2013

I just saw the Family yesterday (Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert DeNiro). It was entertaining mainly because it took place in a French village, but way too much gratuitous violence and a weak plot. The acting was good, Michelle looked good (but visibly aging), but really a very stupid movie.

by Anonymousreply 22409/18/2013

I just saw The Family, which was a crap film, but Pfeiffer looked fantastic. I mean, she looks her age - mid-50s - but still strikingly beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 22509/18/2013

I think Ryan Merriman and Jonathan Jackson double teamed her while they were filming Deep End of the Ocean.

by Anonymousreply 22609/18/2013

Does anyone know if she is planning to do a new movie?

by Anonymousreply 22712/29/2013

Ugh, her imdb page shows nothing in pre-production.

by Anonymousreply 22808/04/2014

Robert Towne infamously said she was the most difficult actress he's every had to work with.

anybody met her or seen her in public recently?

by Anonymousreply 22903/01/2015

I know someone who took some classes with her, said she looks like an alien in person, lots of plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 23003/01/2015

Why are there three threads on Michelle fucking Pfeiffer on page 1?

by Anonymousreply 23103/01/2015

@ 230, was Michelle teaching or taking the class? I love the idea of her still exploring her craft and taking acting lessons

by Anonymousreply 23203/01/2015

She was taking painting and drawing classes.

by Anonymousreply 23303/01/2015

ah, okay. I wonder what kinda artist she is. What a recluse Mrs. Pfeiffer turned out to be, huh? I kinda like that about her, actually. She keeps a very low profile.

by Anonymousreply 23403/01/2015

She's not a fucking recluse, she's just not a famewhoring pap caller. Leave the poor woman alone.

by Anonymousreply 23503/01/2015

R8 Like who?

by Anonymousreply 23603/01/2015

She was signed for three movies which were all shelved over the course of the last two years. It's sad too because she was waiting for both her kids to leave home for college so she could go back to work full-time. The last child left in late 2013, and she announced that she was now going to work more. She's recently admitted that she can't choose good roles and she regrets turning down which turned to be Oscar winning roles. She always said no regrets for twenty years. She's finally recognized the reality of what she did and how she really feels.

I saw "The Family" -- she looked awful. She has a lot of time now. She should go get work done, something she says she's not against and is thinking about it the older she gets.

There's something about her that makes me want to meet her. She was a bully in high school. She beat up people for other people. Her personality seems just the opposite on interviews, even in interviews twenty years ago. Her and her skanky murderer sister hated each other.

She comes from a working class family. She wouldn't tell anyone that she wanted to be an actress because she thought it sounded arrogant. She lacks self-confidence, which even Jack Nicholson said.

A lot of people think she doesn't like them because she's so quiet. Winona Ryder was one of these people. They ended up being close friends. Cher went clubbing with Michelle and she said that Michelle say slone not saying a word.

Has anyone seen what her brother looks like? Her sister looks so different from herself, almost like they share only one parent. That isn't the case apparently. Michelle hates her lips and was nicknamed a duck in school. She used to beat people up over it. If you see her from a low angle, she appears to have a cleft underneath her upper lip.

by Anonymousreply 23703/01/2015

She was at Coachella last year with Steven Spielberg's wife. They families are close.

by Anonymousreply 23803/01/2015

Stalker alert.

by Anonymousreply 23903/01/2015

What's with all the Pfeiffer threads?

by Anonymousreply 24003/01/2015

[quote]doesn't everyone hate Winona Ryder? She seems to antagonize many people.

Who has she antagonized? (apart from clothing store staff)

by Anonymousreply 24103/01/2015

I could fit a lasagna pan between her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 24203/01/2015

Poster child for osteoporosis.

by Anonymousreply 24303/01/2015

yes, Michelle and Kate Capshaw are besties. Michelle is close friends with powerful Hollywood couples and families, they seem to love her and her sincerity. Michelle fascinates me... we need her career comeback already!

by Anonymousreply 24403/01/2015

wow, so only a handful of people here (and this is the wide internet, darling) have seen or met or heard second hand stories about MIchelle.

Figures :(

by Anonymousreply 24503/01/2015

[quote]Her and her skanky murderer sister hated each other.

When did DeDee murder someone?

BTW: I've alwyas hated that her name is missing a fourth E. DeeDee looks better, more symmetrical.

by Anonymousreply 24603/01/2015

I've never heard about Winona having any fallings out with anyone apart from ex-BFF Gwyneth Paltrow (unless you count her ex-boyfriends as well). Her co-stars seem to like her, she's always hugging people in photos, she even became friendly with Gary Oldman eventually (there was a bit of tension on the set of Dracula, but that was before he quit drinking)

by Anonymousreply 24703/02/2015

Worked with her on a movie. She was nice, professional. Very serious when she is working, a bit intense. Very focused. Quiet, polite. Can't tell you more than that, she is a very to herself type person.

I started on the show and was on it for a while before I actually saw her. When I did it was unexpected. She came around a corner as I was leaving the stage and she was walking in with her "glam crew". When I saw her I gasped a little. She was that striking in person, I wasn't ready for it, very beautiful in person. Definitely screen goddess type beauty.

by Anonymousreply 24803/02/2015

R248 Which movie?

by Anonymousreply 24903/02/2015

The Story Of Us

by Anonymousreply 25003/02/2015

Frau thread

by Anonymousreply 25103/02/2015

R250 What was Bruce Willis like?

by Anonymousreply 25203/02/2015

R251 It's more interesting than "I dreamed I have sex with my brother" or "What's the best way to clean your bathroom?"

by Anonymousreply 25303/02/2015

I worked with her on a film (I do costume work). She is TEENY, but was nothing but lovely with the staff. This was awhile ago-she didn't look like she had had any work done, save her nose job, which, to me, is obvious.

Most rhinoplasty makes people's faces look strange to me, but, like most plastic surgery, it films better than it looks in person.

by Anonymousreply 25403/02/2015

White Oleander--forgot to add

by Anonymousreply 25503/02/2015

R254 So if she was teeny, what was Alison Lohman like?

by Anonymousreply 25603/02/2015

You worked with her on White Oleander! wow, that film only showcases her finest performance. So jealous.. any other interesting stories about her? How did she get along with Alison Lohman?

I really am curious as to what Peter Kominsky did directing-wise to push Michelle so dramatically, I've never seen her as such a thespian as I did when watching White Oleander.

by Anonymousreply 25703/02/2015

R254, I loved White Oleander! Please tell us more!

by Anonymousreply 25803/02/2015

yes, [R254], please spill it!

by Anonymousreply 25903/02/2015

I know the brother of Michelle's sister's deceased bf who supposedly committed suicide. He adamantly believes that De dee KILLED him!! He was breaking up with her and she went Jodi arias on him. Michelle's connections helped her

by Anonymousreply 26003/02/2015

R260, I've heard of those rumors before. Was he there the night it happened? (The aftermath?) So sad... I bet he's still furious.

by Anonymousreply 26103/02/2015

If only she was there when he shot himself, people are going to believe whatever they want to. Surely in situations like this the police have ways of testing whether the other person didn't just shoot the deceased?

by Anonymousreply 26203/02/2015

[quote]I really am curious as to what Peter Kominsky did directing-wise to push Michelle so dramatically, I've never seen her as such a thespian as I did when watching White Oleander.

It's simple, she drew inspiration from her sister. Hur-hur-hur!

by Anonymousreply 26303/02/2015

r262, Michelle and her hubby David Kelly had support

by Anonymousreply 26403/02/2015

If all it takes is "support" (I assume you mean wealth and power) then why isn't Phil Spector a free man?

by Anonymousreply 26503/02/2015

Given that the Ally McBeal character was inspired by her I would be inclined to believe that Michelle Pfeiffer is a bit of an uptight, self-absorbed, prissy little bitch.

Thank God David is keeping her at home these days.

by Anonymousreply 26603/03/2015

R266 did you even read the article? It states that she wasn't.

[quote]Pfeiffer, who also appeared in The Fabulous Baker Boys, has two children with her husband, David Kelley, 57, a producer. He was the creator of Ally McBeal, the legal comedy drama, and rumours have suggested that Pfeiffer was the inspiration for the neurotic main character. But she scotches such an idea: “No, that’s totally made up.”

by Anonymousreply 26703/03/2015

[quote]She is TEENY

I saw her Batman costume at the Burton MOMA show. It looked like a child's costume.

by Anonymousreply 26803/04/2015

Don't clothes always look a bit smaller on mannequins etc.? I've seen the suit Jack Nicholson wore in The Departed (at the Warner Bros. Studios tourist attraction in Burbank) and that didn't look very big even though Jack's definitely not slim anymore.

by Anonymousreply 26903/04/2015

The costume wasn't on a mannequin, it was displayed on a flat surface.

Maybe that's what made it look smaller.

by Anonymousreply 27003/04/2015

But she probably is pretty small. If you Google photos of her standing next to Winona Ryder, they look roughly the same size, apart from a height difference of a few inches.

by Anonymousreply 27103/04/2015

Dedee is a skank ho. Typical white trash. I still remember her role on Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 27203/04/2015

If she's typical white trash, wouldn't that make Michelle white trash as well?

by Anonymousreply 27303/04/2015

Juicy article. Dedee was there when he killed himself.

by Anonymousreply 27403/04/2015

by Anonymousreply 27503/04/2015

by Anonymousreply 27603/04/2015

by Anonymousreply 27703/04/2015

"" . I love that.

Back to MP. How great would it be if for a show like True Detective, they maintained the high standard of the first series and got a female detective, Pfeiffer?

by Anonymousreply 27803/04/2015

Stardust is one of my favorite movies.

by Anonymousreply 27903/04/2015

Of course not. Where is it written that siblings must be similar in personality? I'm 180 degrees from my sibling.

Back to Pfeiffer: I remember an interview where she said she wished she'd been as adventurous with her personal life as she had been with her acting choices.

Don't forget her years with Fisher Stevens. I don't think he's been mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 28003/04/2015

Michelle lost her looks after she got too thin. MANY rumors about coke

by Anonymousreply 28103/08/2015

[quote]Back to Pfeiffer: I remember an interview where she said she wished she'd been as adventurous with her personal life as she had been with her acting choices.

I don't think she's been adventurous in her acting choices. She turned down THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS because because she was uneasy with the subject matter even though director Jonathan Demme wanted her do it and begged her.

by Anonymousreply 28203/08/2015

Married to the Mob to Dangerous Liaisons. Grease 2 to Scarface. There's been a lot of variety in Pfeiffer's resume. Even the ill-fate Dark Shadows was an attempt at something different. She got stuck in a rut of TV movie type material in the wake of Dangerous Minds but not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 28303/08/2015

Michelle is not a warm person. The audience never warmed up to her

by Anonymousreply 28403/08/2015

Yes, she struggled terribly in those 15 or so years where she was a top actress in Hollywood. Poor Michelle. Poor poor Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 28503/08/2015

Michelle ABSOLUTELY loathed her fans. She bitched constantly about it. Howard Stern said on his show, "well don;'t be famous"

by Anonymousreply 28603/08/2015

r282, Barbara Walters asked Michelle if she regretted turning the role down? mICHELLE nodded coldly and said no- BS!!!! bESIDES Jodie was WAY better!!

by Anonymousreply 28703/08/2015

Michelle would have been all wrong for Clarice. I can't imagine what Demme was thinking going after her; she was right to turn that role down, as Jodie owns it.

by Anonymousreply 28803/08/2015

Why would she have been wrong for Clarice? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 28903/08/2015

She doesn't have the coldness required for the character. And she's way too beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 29003/08/2015

Michelle Pfeiffer does cool very well. It's basically a specialty of hers.

by Anonymousreply 29103/08/2015

She was good in that Chris Pine movie. Olivia Wilde drove me nuts but she always does.

by Anonymousreply 29203/08/2015

She's so over it's screaming freeze me bitch.

by Anonymousreply 29303/08/2015

Mich is a scarcrwow!

by Anonymousreply 29403/08/2015

She's a second-rate Virna Lisi

by Anonymousreply 29503/08/2015

by Anonymousreply 29603/08/2015

Pheiffer was a cold BITCH!!! like a mannequin. no personality

by Anonymousreply 29703/08/2015

I think Michelle would have made a terrific Clarice Starling.

by Anonymousreply 29803/08/2015

I have. She used to own a home in Lanikai on Oahu. She had a massive renovation done and some of the workers asked if they could park in my driveway from time to time. She came over and thanked me. That is all. She was very nice.

Although a covered dish and bottle of wine would have been nice to.

by Anonymousreply 29903/08/2015

she is creepy. scary looking really

by Anonymousreply 30003/08/2015

amazing! What was your reaction when you saw Michelle Pfeiffer at your door? Did she look great in person? I've heard nothing but "shy and kind" comments about Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 30103/08/2015

As I've said on other threads, she's way too beautiful to play Clarice. Even deranged, psychotic and oppressive men would be thunderstruck by MP and bow before her cool beauty. They would get in line. Jodie looked more haunted and hunted and normal. MP triggers a totally different reaction. All those cops in the elevator would have been kissing Clarice's ass! Her appearance would be too distracting to the role.

Sometimes people are too good looking for some roles.

by Anonymousreply 30203/08/2015

She eats the lens.

by Anonymousreply 30303/08/2015

That's BS. She is not born with makeup on. It's called acting. She was grossed out by the content. I met her once and she farted.

by Anonymousreply 30403/08/2015

by Anonymousreply 30503/08/2015

Except me, she pfarted.

by Anonymousreply 30603/08/2015

She was also good in What Lies Beneath.

by Anonymousreply 30703/08/2015

She should do a stint on a Homeland or House of Cards and try and rebuild an audience. People don't seek her out, and she left, so she has no power as a woman in her 50's. Robin Wright re-asserted herself so it is possible. But there will be no studio films top lined by Michelle, Jessica, Sissy, Cher, Sue, etc.; that elder brigade is out of wattage.

by Anonymousreply 30803/08/2015

I see her doing something like Prime Suspect.

by Anonymousreply 30903/08/2015

[quote]Robert Towne infamously said she was the most difficult actress he's every had to work with.

She's close to magic in Towne's "Tequila Sunrise." That's one of the great-ish movies that almost completely forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 31003/08/2015

Most directors she worked with said that!

by Anonymousreply 31103/08/2015

Michelle definitely does not have a "difficult" reputation, but yes, Robert Towne did say that. Makes you wonder. Apparently Michelle was unhappy during the making of that movie, maybe it was Mel as her co-star? Or her director being hard on her?

by Anonymousreply 31203/08/2015

R302 you forget she was cast in FRANKIE & JOHNNY, which had been played by Kathy Bates on stage.

by Anonymousreply 31303/08/2015

Kathy Bates also did extensive nudity on stage, which was completely removed from the bastardized film version of Frankie Johnny.

by Anonymousreply 31403/08/2015

Yes, R313. Her beauty threw that off, although she was good in it. She looked like a waitress with a cold about to be discovered as a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 31503/08/2015

Yes, Kathy Bates demanded to be nude in About Schmidt as payback.

by Anonymousreply 31603/08/2015

I wasn't aware of the source material. I don't think Pfeiffer's beauty got in the way. Very attractive people can be withdrawn and also former victims of domestic abuse.

by Anonymousreply 31703/08/2015

I wonder what the relationship w Fisher Stevens was like?

by Anonymousreply 31803/09/2015

Pfeiffer is a better actress than Foster, so I think she would have been a good Clarice. Was "Married to the mob" done before or after TSOTL?

by Anonymousreply 31903/09/2015

Married to the Mob was before The Silence of the Lambs. And I don't think Pfeiffer is anywhere the actress Foster is.

by Anonymousreply 32003/09/2015

by Anonymousreply 32103/09/2015

I think Foster has a narrower range than Pfeiffer.

by Anonymousreply 32203/09/2015

Well, we disagree about that. Pfeiffer in Scarface and Pfeiffer in Batman may as well be two different actresses. I think she has a range that she never fully explored. Besides, she can do comedy, something that Foster was never comfortable with.

by Anonymousreply 32303/09/2015

Michelle has no projects on IMDB. The Family made money overseas but was a US flop. White Oleander was right when she stopped being good.

by Anonymousreply 32403/09/2015

People write Michelle Pfeiffer off as an actress. Her beauty plays a big part in that, but there's no question that she has a larger range than Jodie. Somebody said on this site that Jodie is the original Hilary Swank, winning twice over other actresses more talented. I found that a bit harsh, but I understand what they're getting at.

Jodie couldn't lead a comedy like Michelle did in Married to the Mob. Jodie can't do an ice queen like Michelle. Jodie can't do vulnerability the way Michelle can. Jodie can't do 'bordering on madness' like Michelle can (Catwoman) Jodie can't do evil, conniving, manipulative woman from hell like Michelle did in White Oleander.

Jodie CAN play an intellectual better than Michelle can; Foster is an actress whose intelligence always pierces through (and I'm sorry, but she did not deserve her Nell Oscar nod).

I agree that Michelle Pfeiffer should really explore herself more as a thespian, she has always been quite vocal about her doubts as an actress and always thinking she's "really bad," despite the obvious truth.

by Anonymousreply 32503/09/2015

MARRIED TO THE MOB (1988) was three years before THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS (1991). Interesting that 1988 was also the same year as THE ACCUSED, which won Foster her first Best Actress Oscar. That same year, Pfeiffer was nominated in Supporting for DANGEROUS LIAISONS but lost to Geena Davis in THE ACCIDENTAL TOURIST. Then three years later, Foster won again for LAMBS.

by Anonymousreply 32603/09/2015

Except she has not been good in several years, so this seems to be projecting a lot. I really do believe that some actresses have a run and then it's over. When was my last hit besides Paddington Bear? Michelle WAS a good actress.

by Anonymousreply 32703/09/2015

She always says she "still has her best performance in her", so time will tell. Michelle simply isn't interested in pursuing quality or challenging work anymore. It's a pity, and she is her career's worst enemy. These days when she does select a film its fluff like New Years Eve or The Family.

by Anonymousreply 32803/09/2015

R328 to be fair, her storyline in NEW YEAR'S EVE was the only good one. I was bored through most of the movie, but I really enjoyed her subplot with Zac Efron. I see I'm not the only one if IMDb is any indication.

by Anonymousreply 32903/09/2015

R323 was in reply to R320. I agree with R322 and R325.

by Anonymousreply 33003/09/2015

No one writes off Michelle as an actress. Not one critic has ever questioned it. Her beauty was a liability, never her talent. She's rare: no one debates her talent or beauty. What has been knocked is her choice in roles.

by Anonymousreply 33103/09/2015

"Tequila Sunrise" is the only film she hated making. She has a reputation for being one of the kindest and willing person on set. I don't know exactly what went down on that particular film, but I think it was the direction/director that was the problem.

The woman put a live bird in her mouth without hesitation for Tim Burton, holding it there and doing multiple takes. She doesn't complain.

by Anonymousreply 33203/09/2015

[quote]Don't forget her years with Fisher Stevens. I don't think he's been mentioned.

Does he have a reputation?

by Anonymousreply 33303/09/2015

I loved Pfeiffer in MARRIED TO THE MOB, and CHERI. Haven't seen many of her films. Oh yes, and Susie and the Baker Boys.

by Anonymousreply 33403/09/2015

On paper, she would have been the most unlikely choice to play a mobster's wife in Married to the mob, yet she was wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 33503/09/2015

I have a friend who looks a bit like Pfeiffer. Has the same bone structure and similar eyes and mouth. She's a very modest person who works in a dental clinic.

by Anonymousreply 33603/09/2015

Anybody with Fisher Stevens gossip, do dish. It's mind boggling to me Michelle dated him for so long. But then again, in interviews she's mentioned that she doesn't go for "pretty" men, she likes her men average looking but with charismatic personalities. It explains her choice in men (John Malkovich, Fisher, and now David E. Kelly [who Michelle happily remarked has scars on his face in an interview once, she likes that kinda stuff])

by Anonymousreply 33703/09/2015

She fucked Keaton pre-Batman Returns, in fact, she was up for a role in the first film but Michael told them it would be too weird to act opposite his ex-girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 33803/09/2015

One cool thing about her, she's not a mediawhore, she didn't use her black child as pr fodder either, like so many do today.

by Anonymousreply 33903/09/2015

Holy fuck! Michelle Pfeiffer was with Fisher Stevens? I love that guy. A good American actor, which is a rare find. And, his Portuguese (Brazilian accent) is great. Watch RIO SEX COMEDY with Bill Pullman and Charlotte Rampling, if you can.

by Anonymousreply 34003/09/2015

[quote]...Fisher Stevens? I love that guy. A good American actor, which is a rare find.

You have no idea what you're talking about, r340.

by Anonymousreply 34103/09/2015

I'm not saying he's made good choices with his roles. Again, watch him in RIO SEX COMEDY.

by Anonymousreply 34203/09/2015

A cunt

by Anonymousreply 34303/09/2015

Why, R343?

by Anonymousreply 34403/09/2015

[R343], spill it.

by Anonymousreply 34503/10/2015

by Anonymousreply 34603/10/2015

R343 = Jessica Lange

by Anonymousreply 34703/11/2015

R343, we are waiting.

by Anonymousreply 34803/12/2015

I would love to meet her. Just love her! I think she's so stunning and very under appreciated. She really is "white gold".

by Anonymousreply 34906/06/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!