Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Linda McCartney

Funny how when she was alive, she was universally hated.

As soon as she died people started saying how wonderful she was.

Look at any YouTube clip of her and you only read warm praise.

'Happy Birthday lovey Linda, you will never be forgotten, you will always live on in everyone's memories, R.I.P, xxx'...along with 41 thumbs up.

by Anonymousreply 20807/21/2013

Wasn't it just earlier she was hated by over zealous loser Beatles fans? I think as time went on the haters grew-up.

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2011

It was because she really couldn't sing and she was everywhere with Wings, like a real musician and people didn't like that.

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2011

[quote]Funny how when she was alive, she was universally hated.

She was never universally hated.English Beatle fans didn't like her mainly because she was American & they wanted Paul to marry an English girl like Jane Asher.She was also mocked for her lack of talent in Wings but she was never reviled the way Yoko was.

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2011

Paul only put her in the band to show up John, who put Yoko in a band. At least Paul called his band Wings and not The Plastic Eastman Band.

Damn though, Linda gave birth to some fugly kids.

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2011

Girlfriends/wives are always hated by crazed fans.

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2011

Everybody started feeling sorry for her when she got cancer. So she had a few years of being well-thought-of before she died and became a saint.

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2011

[quote]Girlfriends/wives are always hated by crazed fans.

The real over-the-top crazed fans even despise ex-gfs. Exes from years ago usually for some supposed slight the ex-gf made against the weirdo fan's beloved.

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2011

She was hated because:

(1) She married Paul

(2) From that moment, he didn't go anywhere without her

(3) After being a Beatles fan, suddenly he, as well as John had to put their untalented wives in the band

I also agree with the poster who stated that all was forgiven once she died, but 25 years had also passed. Most of the fans matured, perhaps?

The same thing happened with Yoko. She was hated as well, but as soon as John was killed, she became accepted by many. Even she thought it was a bit unfair.

by Anonymousreply 910/12/2011

I always avoid her veggie food. Had the horrid sausages once or twice. I hate veggie food that pretends to be meat.

I bought her cookbook. Some really nice recipes and one that didn't work. A corn soup.Then I gave up on them.

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2011

I suspect those gushy YouTube comments are made by youngsters who don't know anything about Linda McCartney.

Here's are some facts:

She was a rich girl, came from a privileged background. She was a groupie. She carried around a camera with her to make it seem like she had a purpose, but her motivation was like any other groupie's; she just liked hanging out and sleeping with rock stars. She was not a particularly good photographer.

She wasn't particularly good-looking. And her grooming left a lot to be desired; unwashed hair, shapeless dresses, hairy legs. After Paul took up with her he too neglected his hygiene, growing shaggy facial hair and wearing old, shabby clothes.

In contrast to Jane Asher, Paul's previous serious girlfriend, Linda was a dishrag. Jane was independent and strong-minded; Linda existed only to serve Paul. She pampered him and stroked his ego; she once told him what an honor it would be to bear his children. And bear them she did; knowing that he required children she popped out three of them for him.

She became a vegetarian and animal rights activist. After marrying her, so did Paul. She was also a pothead of stunning proportions; Paul came to be one, too. According to Bebe Buell, Linda smoked pot even while pregnant.

John did musical projects with Yoko, so Paul decided he would try to one up John by doing the same with Linda. She had no singing or musical talent at all, but he made her a part of his band. There's a hilarious isolated vocal tape of Linda singing backup during a performance of "Hey, Jude"; it's funny as hell. She's so bad it's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 1210/12/2011

Here's the clip of her doing backup to Hey Jude.

Paul also sounds TERRIBLE when he sings now.

by Anonymousreply 1310/12/2011

While Linda was groupie'ing around she had been married and had a child with the husband. This child has grown up, Paul adopted her (lucky for her since he's Daddy Warbucks) and she seems to have a lot of issues, breakdowns, etc. Heather is her name I think.

by Anonymousreply 1410/12/2011

"According to Bebe Buell, Linda smoked pot even while pregnant. "

As of Professional Starfucker and soicopath Bebe Buell is a great source of any info?

Most of what comes out of her mouth are lies, she just told some more lies last week when she was interviewed by NBC local reporter Jan Hanson.

Bebe is so messed up, she doesn't know WTF she is talking about most of the time. Bebe is completely bonkers, even her own daughter Liv Tyler fired her as manager.

Did you forget, Bebe LIED to Liv for years that Todd Rundgren was her real father? Meanwhile nutjob Bebe, who was living with Todd at the time, ran off to join Steven Tyler on tour and got knocked up.

Once again, look at your source! Bebe Buell, the most reviled groupie ever.

by Anonymousreply 1510/12/2011

I believe inda took drugs during her pregnancy, after seeing James McCartney.

He seems to require a keeper.

by Anonymousreply 1610/12/2011

I used to get her frozen veggie meals from the Grocery Outlet store. They weren't good, but they were cheap and I was poor.

I remember where I was when I heard she died because I was lying on North Baker nude beach in San Francisco when it was announced on the radio. Anyway, didn't they lie about her place of death saying it was one place (Tucson?) when it really was another. Don't remember the reason for that.

by Anonymousreply 1710/12/2011

{quote] Anyway, didn't they lie about her place of death saying it was one place (Tucson?) when it really was another.

Yes. They didn't want anyone taking photos of her being brought out on a stretcher.

Same was true of George Harrison.

by Anonymousreply 1810/12/2011

Bebe Buell's book is astoundingly bad and self reverential. She never got over Elvis Costello (not sexy at all, but a great songwriter-singer). She still carries a huge blowtorch for him to this day! He's married to the boring jazz singer Diana Krall.

by Anonymousreply 1910/12/2011

Bebe Buell is a shit load of trouble.

She caused former groupie Pam des Barres Groupie Central message board to be taken down because she spammed the forum daily with her lies.

She argued with every female who posted about their conquests. She is also paranoid.

What is this nutty broad Bebe known for? Fucking every musician from Todd Rundgren to Jimmy Page to Costello? I know she tried to be a singer in her ex-husband Coyote Shivers band, ha-ha.

I laughed out loud when she was going on in the press that Costello wrote all these songs about her, it was a pretty hilarious and bold statement to make, especially as most of those songs she was claiming were about her....were written way before Costello even met that skank!

She's completely pathetic.

btw, Diana Krall is Elvis Costello's third wife! I sometimes see them downtown, they are usually with their twins.

by Anonymousreply 2010/12/2011

Linda also traded on her last name of Eastman, implying that she had something to do with what was then Eastman-Kodak. In reality, her father was a corporate attorney who assisted Paul in amassing a majority of stock in Apple, Inc., which pissed off John and George. Ringo was apparently never pissed off about it, however.

by Anonymousreply 2110/12/2011

Bebe Buell thinks she's a musician and a talented singer, after having many gigs and demos she never had a hit or got a contract. She sucks! Literally!

by Anonymousreply 2210/12/2011

I guess Paul and Linda would've still been married today if she hadn't passed away. I don't know much about them, but I always admired the fact that they managed to stay married for so long.

by Anonymousreply 2310/12/2011

Linda's real last name wasn't Eastman, it was Epstein.

John Lennon hated Lee Eastman (Linda's father, real name Leopold Epstein) for changing his name to hide his Jewish background. Lennon hated phoniness and felt the "Eastmans" were phonies.

Paul wanted Lee Eastman to manage the Beatles. The other Beatles said no, because they believed Eastman would favor Paul. In the end, the other Beatles chose Alan Klein. Paul sued to legally dissolve the Beatles partnership so he could be represented by Eastman.

Alan Klein turned out to be an asshole. McCartney made the correct decision by going with Eastman.

by Anonymousreply 2410/12/2011

Linda McCartney did not change he name to make everyone think was an Eastman heiress. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 2610/12/2011

Nobody said that Linda changed her name to Eastman to make everyone think she was the Eastman Kodak heiress

Lee Epstein, her father, changed the family name from Epstein to Eastman.

by Anonymousreply 2710/12/2011

People were affronted at having Linda foisted upon them by Paul. She wasn't a musician or a singer and when they paid to see Paul McCartney, they didn't want to hear her off-key singing or bad keyboard playing.

People were already fed up with John Lennon forcing Yoko Ono on the public. When Paul put Linda in Wings, it was like a recurring nightmare. Everyone was like, "Oh PUH-LEEZE just let us see and hear the people we want to see and hear and leave your fuckmate out if it."

I mean, Elvis didn't bring Priscilla onstage with him to sing; Keith Richards wasn't forcing everyone to listen to him jam with Anita Pallenberg.

The Beatles were the most popular musicians in the world and suddenly they were forcing their wives on everyone. It was kind of disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 2810/12/2011

Being compared to Heather “BPD” Mills will make anyone look like a saint in retrospect.

by Anonymousreply 2910/12/2011

Oh great, R13, I listened to that at work and was trying really hard not to laugh (had my arms arapped around my middle,shaking, was actualy allmlost crying from trying not laugh), one of the other cube farm workers heard the moaning (singing) and looked around the corner and thought I was in serious distress.. had to lie and say i was in pain but it passed. They all think I'm nuts now

by Anonymousreply 3010/12/2011

R26 = The "Sheesh" Troll (who still has reading comprehension issues)

by Anonymousreply 3110/12/2011

Bebe is known for trolling message boards to "set the record straight" about her. She even tried her batshit crazy antics once here on a groupie thread until she was busted.

I don't agree with Linda not having talent. She was a well known photographer pre-Paul. She was never a great musician, I think she even attested to that on many occasions. She took the gig because she loved Paul and wanted to be with him. She wasn't Yoko, pretending that she made some significant impact(and I like some of Yoko's stuff, but she thinks WAY too highly of herself)

Linda was also the one who fought like crazy for animal rights. Paul agreed, but you've noticed since Linda passed, he's not as visible on the issue. That was Linda's baby.

by Anonymousreply 3210/12/2011

I've been reading more of the messages under L. McC's videos. It seems she's almost got herself Diana status in some places.

Anyone who claims that Linda wasn't despised & derided until she got sick, in fact until she died, simply doesn't know. I always liked her and thought it unfair and distasteful. I find all this great love for her now, very hypocritical.

When Paul married Linda, because she was a photographer, a few newspapers, in England, thought she was the Eastman Kodak heiress and it sort of stuck. She had nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 3310/12/2011

Paul married Linda, so John married Yoko. John made records and performed with the musically illiterate Yoko, so Paul put the equally untalented Linda in his band. John and Paul were basically little boys, always trying to show each other up; "well, if he can do it, so can I!"

I have no liking for Bebe Buell, but I do believe her when she said that Linda McCartney told her it would be ok to smoke pot while pregnant. She and Paul regarded pot-smoking as a harmless, "organic" high.

by Anonymousreply 3410/12/2011

And that's probably why Liv Tyler is not brainy. Her mother was busy being stoned while pregnant.

And that's probably why Stella McCartney looks gross and the other children she had after Heather, who is Aspergered or something, and probably why Heather has Aspergers.

BTW, Paul's NEW WIFE doesn't need his money.

by Anonymousreply 3510/12/2011

[quote]And that's probably why Liv Tyler is not brainy

Or possibly because neither of her parents is a brain trust.

by Anonymousreply 3610/12/2011

One of the greatest "what ifs" ever is what if John had never married Yoko. He'd probably be alive today. She was the one who just HAD to live in the Dakota. John really didn't give a shit about living in the Dakota or New York in general.

by Anonymousreply 3710/12/2011

Every teen girl hated Linda when she married Paul, and could not begin to understand why he married a divorced woman with a CHILD already!

But, at least then, Paul wanted the plain, maternal, big-breasted type.

And Linda was a groupie; check the back cover of the album "Super Session", with Al Kooper.

by Anonymousreply 3810/12/2011

Bebe spams the Todd Rundgren board to this day. Todd's well loved and well respected wife is also a regular participant, I can't imagine what she thinks. Although I'm sure Bebe can't be happy that Michele Rundgren calls Liv her son's sister. I loved Elvis Costello's reaction to Bebe's book. His cd that came out after that featured two people in huge bee costumes. bee bee, get it? He's singing about HER!

by Anonymousreply 3910/12/2011

"Damn though, Linda gave birth to some fugly kids."

Well, Paul wasn't a good-looking man.

by Anonymousreply 4010/12/2011

You're crazy, r40! Paul was absolutely beautiful! Son James looks.....slow.

by Anonymousreply 4110/12/2011

Does that creature at R12 always have to include disgusting crap in her self-referential, me-me postings? Can't this twat go away?

by Anonymousreply 4210/12/2011

R42 must have skipped his anti-psychotic meds today. What a cuckoo Mary!

by Anonymousreply 4310/13/2011

Wings = Zombie Paul

by Anonymousreply 4410/13/2011

R44, don't you mean Faul?

by Anonymousreply 4510/13/2011

Both Yoko and Linda were determined to bag a Beatle. In fact, Yoko was originally interested in Paul, while Linda wanted John.

And listen to this bitch try to sing:

by Anonymousreply 4610/13/2011

Two successful Beatles had to marry the two most ugliest untalented women. I guess it's true they had to copy each other.

by Anonymousreply 4710/13/2011

[quote]In fact, Yoko was originally interested in Paul, while Linda wanted John.

Seriously, R46? That is fascinating if true. And it says a lot.

by Anonymousreply 4810/13/2011

Linda wanted to join the Beatles. Yoko wanted to destroy them. They both got their wishes (only Linda had to settle for being in Wings instead of the Beatles).

by Anonymousreply 4910/14/2011

r25, the vast majority of teen girls simply could not accept that "the cute Beatle" had married---married!---that plain chick WITH A KID! I'm 62, and my memory trumps yours.

by Anonymousreply 5101/26/2012

Bebe Buell claims that she was Yoko Ono of Aerosmith. When?

by Anonymousreply 5203/20/2012

"Once again, look at your source! Bebe Buell, the most reviled groupie ever."

In her book Buell said that she asked Linda if it was ok to smoke pot while pregnant and Linda said it was ok. Buell is full of shit, but I do believe that. Linda thought that smoking pot is GOOD for you. In her view it was an organic herb. Paul came to feel the same way. They were both a couple of dopes.

by Anonymousreply 5303/20/2012

Thanks.[R53] I know well Buell was/is a super liar whore. But I’ve just guessed when and how she infulenced on S Tyler as Yoko did to Lennon. I really didn’t understand.

I’ve felt Buell’s book was full of lies and her own illusions for rock stars since it has been published. It is very sinful that innocent young girls believe it and adore her. She and another groupie,Pamela Des Barres seem like they have a turf war. Pamela’s book also has many faults and inaccuracies.

by Anonymousreply 5403/20/2012

"Some of you are such parochial morons. Yoko Ono did not "destroy" the Beatles. I can't believe anyone out there is still dumb enough to suggest as much. And by the way, since people on this board plainly know next to nothing about art, Yoko is a massively influential artist. Warhol, Cindy Sherman, David Byrne, Damien Hirst all have cited her as a major inspiration."

Shut up, Yoko.

by Anonymousreply 5703/20/2012

[quote]One of the greatest "what ifs" ever is what if John had never married Yoko. He'd probably be alive today. She was the one who just HAD to live in the Dakota. John really didn't give a shit about living in the Dakota or New York in general.

Yeah. Weird, huh? I never would have found him anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 5803/20/2012

Linda went to my high school. She graduated 15 year before I did. Linda was a year older than Paul.

by Anonymousreply 5903/20/2012

During the dreadful famine in Ethopia the running (sick) joke was: what do Yoko Ono and the starving Ethiopians have in common? They all live off of dead beetles." Sick, but that's what people thought of her and most still do. Any opportunity to publicly shine the imaginary halo over John's head, she's there with her polishing cloth.

Linda was a well-known star fucker who, as previous posters have stated, reached sainthood when she died. To her credit though she made the guy happy for a good many years, so she must have had something going for her.

by Anonymousreply 6003/20/2012

Go Raiders!

by Anonymousreply 6103/20/2012

I heard Yoko is from very high class family in Japan.Much more than any other beatle girls. But it doesn't mean I admire her.

by Anonymousreply 6203/20/2012

Interesting fact...Linda grew up in Scarsdale, NY and Yoko moved there when she was 18.

by Anonymousreply 6303/20/2012

Yoko? That would have been in 1950. Jews weren't 'allowed' in until after WW2. Not sure I believe that...

by Anonymousreply 6403/20/2012

It is true. Yoko lived in Scarsdale.

by Anonymousreply 6503/20/2012

After Linda died, I'm surprised Paul and Yoko never hooked up.

by Anonymousreply 6603/20/2012

Gross R66! Paul justs tolerates Yoko because she's a Beatle owner. Although Paul has grown close to her son Sean and Sean sees him as an uncle. Paul is also close with George's son Dhani. For some reason Paul lost touch with John's older son Julian. Odd because Paul was like a father to Julian when he was young.

by Anonymousreply 6703/20/2012

Julian complained on Facebook when Paul didn't invite him to his wedding since both Sean and Dhani were there.

by Anonymousreply 6803/20/2012

Amazing how people who post about The Beatles know nothing about their history. Then again this is DL, right?

*Linda actually did have a talent for photography and her books prove it.

*She did not make Paul a pothead. LOL. Where in God's name did that come from?

*Julian is...well, a bit troubled, shall we say. Something of a mess. Sean and Dhani are both very normal, and actually close friends from childhood. I've always said that Sean pings, but he may be just one of those guys who is str that "seems" gay.

*A friend of mine dealt with Linda and Yoko at different times. Said the latter was actually very nice, thoughtful, and had good sense of humor. Linda? Very, very protective of Paul, and not someone you would cross. However, I was told that you could not have asked for a better mother, so props to her for that fact.

by Anonymousreply 6903/20/2012

What about Paul's son, Ranger?

by Anonymousreply 7003/21/2012

Maybe Linda wasn't universally reviled, but she was certainly an object of almost ritual ridicule throughout the 1970s and into the early 1980s. I'm over 50 and was involved in the music industry and that was the default attitude towards Linda. That audiotape of her singing made the rounds. It was famous.

Paul needed John to rein in his naturally schmaltzy tendencies. Linda took some of the blame for the mediocrity that was Wings. Then people stopped caring. They got over the hate. Part of that was realizing she made Paul happy and that, musically, cheeseball was his natural state.

by Anonymousreply 7103/21/2012

I briefly met Sean once and he seemed like a nice, surprisingly down-to-earth guy. Didn't really ping to me.

by Anonymousreply 7303/21/2012

>>>didn't they lie about her place of death saying it was one place (Tucson?) when it really was another. Don't remember the reason for that

I'm sure they didn't want pictures, but also because she was euthanized. They didn't want some county official deciding an autopsy was required.

>>>She was never a great musician, I think she even attested to that on many occasions. She took the gig because she loved Paul and wanted to be with him

She did say that.She took the gig because he made her. He was very controlling. He wants a partner who will be with him 24 hours a day. His latest wife quit her job right after they got married. The second wife said there were a lot of problems because he didn't like her doing anything by herself. She also said he was extremely controlling (and she is very controlling herself). They were destined to never work out. I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did

by Anonymousreply 7403/21/2012

Paul and Linda had one good-looking child: Mary.

by Anonymousreply 7503/21/2012

I heard Yoko is from very high class family in Japan

I don't know if they were high class but they had lots of money. Those are two totally different things

>>>Any opportunity to publicly shine the imaginary halo over John's head, she's there with her polishing cloth

Well with someone like Paul McCartney being alive and allowed to spin any way he wants, she has to stick up for her husband. Remember Paul changing the song writing credits? If it was up to Paul he wouldn't mention John. I don't think Yoko or anyone broke up the Beatles. They were all sick of it. John, George and Paul all had very strong personalities and opinions. It was amazing they stayed together so long. Look at so many bands that break up or have broken up

by Anonymousreply 7603/21/2012

She was the Camilla Parker-Bowles to a non-existent Diana.

And Yoko was the Doll from TRILOGY OF TERROR that simply would not go away. And still won't. And Sean is a fat pig.

by Anonymousreply 7703/21/2012

I would kill to have Sean Lennon's life. That fucker has never worked a day in his life and gets to live in the Dakota for free.

by Anonymousreply 7803/21/2012

r78 - Yeah, I'm sure that stuff totally makes up for not having a dad.

by Anonymousreply 7903/21/2012

She's not very popular down here in hell either

by Anonymousreply 8003/21/2012

R55 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 8103/21/2012

saying Happy Birthday to a dead person is in bad taste, and it's proof of stupidity. what's happy about it?

by Anonymousreply 8203/21/2012

By the 1980s the various books on the Beatles came out and made it clear that though Yoko was blamed in the 1970s, it was Linda who was the wife most responsible for breaking up the Beatles. And she was held responsible for McCartney's atrocious post-Beatle oeuvre.

I do not know about the 1970s, but Linda was a universal object of loathing in the 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 8303/21/2012

Linda tried to get John and Paul back together in the 70s, Yoko tried to keep them apart. Yoko was the one threatened by the two men's relationship, and later said she thought there was more to them then friendship.

by Anonymousreply 8403/21/2012

What is Julian's problem? Drugs and alcohol or something more mental?

by Anonymousreply 8503/21/2012

Bebe Buell also claimed to be the inspiration for Prince's Little Red Corvette (baby, you're much too fast) Sounded like "BEBE". Get it? Anyway, Bebe's "legendary" affair with Elvis Costello can be summed up thusly:

Elvis Costello and Bebe Buell

She said: “He was my Clark Gable.”

He said: “At best we were strangers with a coy and theoretical entanglement…However, she turned up with eight pieces of luggage like a mail-order bride…and I was too stupid and vain to resist. She’d later claimed to have inspired most of the songs on [Armed Forces]-all of which were already written when we met…It is a tragic delusion about which I could say: ‘I shall not dignify that with a response’ but ‘dignity’ doesn’t come into this story.”

by Anonymousreply 8603/21/2012

[quote]saying Happy Birthday to a dead person is in bad taste, and it's proof of stupidity. what's happy about it?

Google does it at least once a week .

Happy 200th Birthday Otto Von Bismarck !

by Anonymousreply 8703/21/2012

"What is Julian's problem? Drugs and alcohol or something more mental?"

His problem is that he had a father who was absent for most of his childhood, a father who dumped him and his mother for a she-beast. His problem is that while he and his mother were living in very modest circumstances, his father and his she-beast and their spoiled rug-rat were living in wealth and spendor. His problem is that his father, who he was just beginning to develop a relationship with, was gunned down by a crazed fan. His problem is that his she-beast stepmother wanted to keep all of his father's money for herself and her rugrat with him and her child from a previous marriage and her grandchild from her child from a previous marriage. THOSE are Julian Lennon's "problems." Quite a lot for anyone to overcome, I'd say.

by Anonymousreply 8803/21/2012

In the 70s, every so often the Harvard Square Theater used to have a Beatles Films marathon and the tradition was to boo every time Yoko appeared on the screen.

by Anonymousreply 8903/21/2012

R65, was that for 6 months or less like Judy Garland did in 1962?

by Anonymousreply 9003/21/2012

Excuse, excuses, r88.

I'd say plenty of ordinary people have far worse things to suffer and overcome in their childhoods. Jullian got rich and famous very young and spent it $ all on drink and drug. The end.

by Anonymousreply 9203/21/2012

[quote]For some reason Paul lost touch with John's older son Julian. Odd because Paul was like a father to Julian when he was young.

That might have been Yoko's doing. She worked very hard at trying to make everyone believe she had John's only son. There were a lot of stories about how much money she spent trying to derail Julian's musical career because she wanted Sean to be John's only successor.

I think the biggest difference between Linda and Yoko is that Yoko was viewed as a pretentious, dishonest twat and nobody saw Linda that way.

by Anonymousreply 9303/21/2012

"I'd say plenty of ordinary people have far worse things to suffer and overcome in their childhoods. Jullian got rich and famous very young and spent it $ all on drink and drug. The end."

Oh, shut up. You have no idea how damaging it can be to be the offspring of a celebrity. You sound very ignorant and clueless indeed.

by Anonymousreply 9403/21/2012

R89, how can you have a Beatles films marathon when they only did four films?

by Anonymousreply 9503/21/2012

[quote] Bottom line: Paul and John both married butt ugly women.

This is really unusual In the rock/male celebrity world. Once you become famous, you go for the models. Especially rock stars. George Harrison started it. Ringo divorced his wife for a model. Mick Jagger's had children with a number of models. Patty Hanson (sp?), Anita Pallenberg, Christy Brinkley, Kim Moon, Chrissie Shrimpton, Paulina Porizkova and many a lesser-known model have married rock stars.

So it was pretty unusual for John and Paul to marry those two.

by Anonymousreply 9603/21/2012

[quote] Sean and Dhani are both very normal, and actually close friends from childhood

How could that be when Sean grew up in the Dakota in NYC and Dhani grew up in Friar Park in the UK?

by Anonymousreply 9703/21/2012

I looked at a gallery of photos of James McCartney and his eyes are always the same, in every single photo. It's a kind of blank look. I really think he's brain damaged in some way.

by Anonymousreply 9803/21/2012

James McCartney is also overweight, which could come from taking psych medication.

He has dead eyes.

by Anonymousreply 9903/21/2012

>>>What is Julian's problem? Drugs and alcohol or something more mental?

Epic abandonment issues. His father was one of the top 20 most famous men in the world (at that time) and was adored by millions of people. He campaigned for many different causes to help other people yet he didn't give two shits about his own son. It was like Julian was airbrushed out of his life. All you hear about is Yoko and Sean. You never hear about Julian. After Sean was born John talked about how much he loved Sean and how great it was to be a father and how he was spending all his time with him. He never had time for Julian

Then having to constantly hear people say what a great guy his dad was when in reality he wasn't really a good person to you has to really do a job on someone's mind. Fans knew more about John than Julian did

by Anonymousreply 10003/21/2012

r100 - Not that that isn't shitty, but he's got to be pushing 50 by now. Hope he's worked it out and moved on.

by Anonymousreply 10103/21/2012

John Lennon also smacked Julian's mother around quite a bit. He made fun of her and told her she was ugly. John was fucking women all over the world in the early to mid 60s. Models, actresses, famous Motown singers. All of the Beatles were fucking around.

So here's this kid who hardly ever sees his father and when he does, his father is arguing with his mother and slapping her around. Then his father takes off and ignores him while appearing on TV all the time telling everyone how hard he and Yoko are trying to have a baby.

Then they have a baby and John talks about him on TV and radio all the time, writes songs about him, etc. All while Julian is getting ignored by his father. I think Cynthia got a flat $150,000 settlement in the divorce. No other money.

It hurts to know you're not wanted. John told Julian, "You came out of a whiskey bottle on a Saturday night."

Obviously John resented Cynthia getting pregnant, but he didn't have to take it out on his kid. Cynthia was married a few more times -- or at least had long term boyfriends -- and the relationships ended and the men were gone from Julian's life. Abandoned again.

I wonder what Julian's sex life is like. Is he gay? Is he straight? He's never been married, never photographed with a partner of any kind.

Note Sean Lennon is also unmarried/unpartnered and he's got to be 35 years old. That's pretty unusual.

by Anonymousreply 10203/21/2012

I saw an article about Sean and his model girlfriend who is also his writing partner. In the article he compares their relationship to his father's and Paul's (as opposed to his parents who tried to make the world believe they were creative partners).

by Anonymousreply 10303/21/2012

r102 - Besides the current GF, Sean has at least a few known exes. I think he and Bijou Philipps were together for a while.

Julian was engaged to actress Olivia D'Abo (Kevin's older sis on Wonder Years) a long time ago. No idea about other relationships, but he really hasn't been in the public eye much since the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 10503/21/2012

>>> This is really unusual In the rock/male celebrity world. Once you become famous, you go for the models. Especially rock stars. George Harrison started it.

George didn't do that the second time around

by Anonymousreply 10603/21/2012

And we all know why George didn't do that

by Anonymousreply 10703/21/2012

Why is that R107?

by Anonymousreply 10803/21/2012

John died leaving an estate of hundreds of millions of dollars and he left Julian only $100,000.00. When Yoko decided to auction John's belongings for even more money that she did not need, Julian asked her for John's Oscar. Her response? No, you'll have to buy it at the auction. As for Sean, he's his mother's son: a talentless weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 10903/21/2012

The Beatles Biggest Secrets is on BBC-America right now and again at midnight.

synopsis: The backstage story of the Beatles was one of infidelity, drugs, paranoia and resentment

by Anonymousreply 11003/21/2012

Paul bought a few of John's things at auction and gave them to Julian.

by Anonymousreply 11103/21/2012

Paul is a class act. Yoko is a fucking bitch.

by Anonymousreply 11203/21/2012

Well, they hated her kids, too. When Stella started designing, they trashed her as getting break only because of her father (true, of course), but ironically, fashion is based on fame, so of course she was going to do well.

Nobody will buy Joe-Bob of Omaha's pant suit.

by Anonymousreply 11303/21/2012

Strange fact: not only did Yoko and Linda both live in Scarsdale, they both attended Sarah Lawrence, albeit at different times (Yoko a few yrs. before Linda - neither graduated I believe). As stated here, Yoko was from a very wealthy banking family in Tokyo, her father/grandfather were bankers and well-known in Japan. She came to the U.S. for college and stayed on.

by Anonymousreply 11403/21/2012

If I am not mistaken, I think Dhani and Sean went to school with one another in Switzerland. Check this one. I recall reading about it in an interview with Dhani. I know that Dhani has spoken fondly of Sean. Very, very nice guy with a lot of talent and his father's (later)detachment from fame and celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 11503/21/2012

Whenever you see photos of the McCartney kids together, you never see Linda's daughter Heather with them. That's kind of odd, since she has said she considers Paul her father.

She was hospitalized at some point when she was younger for emotional problems. It must have been really bad because I can't imagine Paul or Linda being big proponents of hospital commitment. You know -- all you need is love (and pot) and everything will be OK.

She's never married and lives on Paul's estate. She is supposedly an "acclaimed potter." Pottery classes were very big in psych therapeutic communities in the 70s and 80s.

Here is a recent photo of her. She looks a bit odd.

by Anonymousreply 11603/21/2012

Heather doesn't go to the events by her own choice so she wouldn't be in the pics.

by Anonymousreply 11703/21/2012

Paul is a good man to be like a father to so many people.

Yoko treats him better now because Sean is fond of him.

by Anonymousreply 11803/21/2012

Dhani Harrison did not attend Swiss boarding school.

Sean Lennon attended Swiss boarding school because he doesn't feel he is American and he wanted an international education. He thinks America is provincial and wanted to go to boarding school in England but there was too much publicity about English boarding school, so he went to Switzerland instead.

by Anonymousreply 11903/21/2012

One big happy family.

by Anonymousreply 12003/21/2012

Sean always looks like a serious owl.

by Anonymousreply 12103/21/2012

I have a friend who dealt with a lot of famous people and taped all his phone calls. Yoko would call him jacked up on coke talking a mile a minute, and then a few hours later, she'd call again. Her voice would have dropped three octaves and she'd sound like she was asleep.

by Anonymousreply 12203/21/2012

Did Bebe Buell conquer any of Beatles?

by Anonymousreply 12303/22/2012

With her massive forehead Stella McCartney would be prettier if she wore her hair with bangs.

by Anonymousreply 12403/22/2012

R104, from what little I've read about Stella M., she's not humorless.

by Anonymousreply 12503/22/2012

Julian dated Jami Gertz back in the 80s. She appears in one of his music videos. I think it's for the song "Stick Around."

They've both admitted to being massive cokeheads at the time.

by Anonymousreply 12603/22/2012

"Note Sean Lennon is also unmarried/unpartnered and he's got to be 35 years old. That's pretty unusual."

Last I heard he was in a relationship with some bimbo model and that they were working on various "projects" together. Very John and Yoko-like. I saw a photo of them; maybe it was in Vanity Fair. He was seated at a piano fully dressed; she was lying on top of the piano, on her belly. And she was NAKED. It was one of the stupidest pictures I've ever seen of a celebrity couple.

by Anonymousreply 12703/23/2012

When Cirque Du Soleil did their Beatles tribute a while back, a whole bunch of them showed up at the premiere. Yoko, Paul, Sean and Julian were pictured with their arms around each other, smiling for the camera. Sean and Julian are said to be very brotherly with each other.

Paul wrote "Hey Jude" for Julian and I kind of doubt that they are not still pretty close.

by Anonymousreply 12803/23/2012

Paul Mccarteny has always married dogs, he has one pretty child Mary because she looks like Paul mother. He is sexy and in one of the best bands in the world. Why picSEk a woman that looked like a man come on.

by Anonymousreply 12908/10/2012

why are you all talking and trashing this lady ? why dont you all let her rest in peace? i did not know her personally but always felt she was very talented and beautiful , why not give Paul a break here? he dont need ur negitive remarks about his wife or his children . please grow up and quit being a hater.

by Anonymousreply 13009/12/2012

Oh, please, she was a groupie who managed to suck herself a Beatle. It was no secret then and it's no secret now. Sad that she died, of course, but don't rewrite history.

by Anonymousreply 13109/12/2012

R127, I've seen a lot of regular paparazzi shots of them around NYC/ Los Angeles. They usually make a big spectacle of themselves where ever they go. They dress themselves in order to get noticed

[quote] Paul wrote "Hey Jude" for Julian and I kind of doubt that they are not still pretty close.

Are you kidding? He wrote a song for him 30 yrs ago and you think that somehow makes them close for all eternity? They aren't close. He didn't invite Julian to his last wedding. Despite inviting Yoko and ALL the other Beatle kids (sean, Dhani,the Starkey's). Julian was very offended and said something about it to the press

by Anonymousreply 13209/12/2012

"Despite inviting Yoko and ALL the other Beatle kids (sean, Dhani,the Starkey's)."

Paul invited YOKO to his wedding? I find that VERY hard to believe. They have never liked each other, despite sometimes making nice in front of cameras to make it seem like they get along.

by Anonymousreply 13309/12/2012

[quote] Paul Mccarteny has always married dogs

They're the only ones who can stand him. He wants someone who will be with him 24/7. He won't date/marry someone gorgeous because he would be afraid they would leave him or have their own lives that don't include being with him every minute of the day

by Anonymousreply 13409/12/2012

Paul McCartney is ugly. He married above his station looks-wise.

by Anonymousreply 13509/12/2012

DL fave Elizabeth Mitchell played Linda in a TV movie.

by Anonymousreply 13609/12/2012

by Anonymousreply 13709/29/2012

John said that he thinks "Hey Jude" was written about himself. It was Paul's way of saying that the breakup of the Beatles was OK and for the best: "Take a sad song and make it better."

by Anonymousreply 13909/29/2012

McCartney didn't exclude Julian from anything on purpose. He did NOT invite all of the Beatle wives and progeny to his recent wedding, he was married in a civil ceremony in London and I believe only Ringo and his wife might have been present (they were definitely at least at the reception afterwards).

Paul and Nancy had a party/reception some weeks later in NYC for family/friends who weren't at the London events...Yoko and Sean were present as they live in NYC, Dhani may have been there as well. I know I saw photos of Ringo & Barbara and her sister and brother-in-law Joe Walsh arriving. I believe I read that unbeknownst to everyone Julian happened to be in NY that weekend for something and thought his exclusion was deliberate, when it wasn't. Paul didn't know he was in town.

by Anonymousreply 14109/29/2012

Jealous of Paul Mccarteny, how sad. What is even sadder is choice of wives. And is even sadder the original station poster, get a reality check and check out Paul at all stages of his life. People that say he looks like a old woman must have penis envy. [P.S Paul envy}

by Anonymousreply 14209/29/2012

Why would someone as talented and goodlooking, marry a man-woman that had no talent and on top of that she was a accomplised groupie. Lets give her a hand. {by the way im sure every one knows who the one being used, Sir Paul Mccarteny}.

by Anonymousreply 14309/29/2012

The troll that had seen Paul mccarteny in concert, must be blind or a fool to have the nerve to say that he wasnt a looker. you poor fool. Have you ever seen him in the sixties, or seventies, or eights, or nineties. Every one changes you will too or maybe even have. Get a grip.

by Anonymousreply 14410/03/2012

What did John Lennon win an Oscar for, R109?

by Anonymousreply 14510/03/2012

Then he married Pogo Ono

by Anonymousreply 14610/03/2012

She had the looks and talent level of Helen Hunt.

by Anonymousreply 14710/03/2012

Did I hate Linda when she was alive? Nah!

Do I appreciate her now that she's dead? Nah, nah, nah nah nah-na-nah nah!

by Anonymousreply 14810/03/2012

Even if Paul thought Julian couldn't make it, he should have extended the invitation and let Julian send his regrets. Julian adored him as a child and always looked up to him.

I invited people to my wedding who I figured wouldn't be able to come. I thought it would be upsetting to them if the found I'd married without letting them know and without asking if they could be there. It's just common courtesy.

McCartney can invite or not invite whomever he chooses; it's his wedding. He chose not to invite Julian and it was no mistake.

But Julian should not have Facebooked about it the way he did. He sounded like a petulant child. He could made a less angry, passing remark about being a little surprised and saddened that he wasn't invited.

by Anonymousreply 14910/03/2012

Paul's latest wife was a real dog in high school. She had to have had some real work done on her ages ago. But the photo of her at the link claims she was 51 (12 months ago) in the photo yet graduated from high school in 1971 - which would make her more like 59 now and 58 in the photo. If she graduated early maybe 58 now.

Brunettes usually still look very good at 51 and shouldn't need much surgery - maybe some subtle under or over eye work to get rid of bags.

Someone said it succinctly upthread. Linda was a groupie who wanted to snag a rich and famous husband preferably a Beatle. She got what she wanted. She was essentially a housewife who was able to enjoy some hobbies courtesy of her husband's name and money.

I saw Julian on a show some years ago - maybe Charlie Rose - and I have to say I was impressed with him. I remember thinking I wish him well. I always felt terrible for him and wished he could just say fuck off to his dad and his dad's wife. And, yes, John was a shit person. George was always my favorite and I think the life he lived proved what a decent man he was. Not that I didn't like Ringo - I did. But both John and Paul were pretentious twats.

by Anonymousreply 15010/04/2012

Julian also dated british singer Kim Wilde for a short while. Wilde is not the kiss-and-tell kind, despite having her love life scrutinized by the UK press in her heyday, but she hinted that he was a deeply unhappy person, very down and depressed - not that it would surprise anyone considering everything that was pointed out above.

by Anonymousreply 15110/04/2012

PAUL was the hot beatle no doubt. look at the pictures from past.

by Anonymousreply 15210/04/2012

I agree that Linda was bashed because she toured with Paul and seemed to lack musical talent. However he wanted her with him and it proved to be an enduring relationship. She may have slept with a number of famous men but that doesn't mean her relationship with Paul was fake or that she wasn't a very good photographer in her own right. Based on photos of her I think she was very attractive but now everyone goes for all sorts of procedures so standards may be different.

Julien's story seems tragic. It does seem like it was hard to ignore the fact that his father had rejected him since his father was so famous and in the news a lot. He seems torn apart to this day. He did mention that on at least one occasion he started to belittle Sean too and I wonder if as Sean got older he would have suffered similar treatment.

Lennon did and said some rotten, humiliating things to Yoko too as well as other women. But she seems hellbent on not letting his 'peace and love" image to get too sullied.

Anyway I wonder how Sean processes the fact that Julien had to go to court with him mom to get any share of Lennon's fortune.

by Anonymousreply 15310/04/2012

Linda was as plain as a plain Jane could get. To bad Paul did not get a surrogate so at least he could have a attractive child he could not do all the work.

by Anonymousreply 15410/04/2012

George cheated massively on both of his wives. He talked Maureen Starr into having an affair with him, thereby breaking up her marriage and alienating Patty Boyd. She wanted to show Ringo that he wasn't the only one who could have affairs. But Ringo, like all the other Beatles, were chauvinistic and believed they could fuck around all they wanted, but their wives could not.

Paul only started dragging Linda around with him after the Beatles broke up and John then dragged Yoko all over the place with him. They had such a rivalry that Paul felt he had to match John by having his wife with him all the time and he one-uppec John by having his wife play an instrument on stage.

by Anonymousreply 15510/04/2012

Maybe at first he had Linda hang around the studio because Lennon did that with Yoko. The two were competitive. But I get the feeling Paul became very attached to his wife. In 30 years they were supposedly only apart less than a week. And unlike Lennon and his wives, there are no horror stories of abuse in McCartney's marriage. There are stories of crap John did to Yoko that have been swept under the carpet.

It sounds like John and Paul got tired of each other and it was time to grow up after all the drugs, women, touring and egos. Paul might have been capable of collaborating again but I get the impression John was too messed up.

None of the Beatles sound like nice guys while their were together in their 20s.

by Anonymousreply 15610/04/2012

Okay, I will set aside nasty comments and judgment since I just watched Nowhere Boy, the film about Lennon's teen years.

A very good movie with Kristen Scott Thomas as Aunt Mimi. I read that Paul complained that the depiction of Aunt Mimi in the original script was wrong and unfair. That she was never cruel and that she loved John dearly. I still wish John could have learned something from the loss of loved ones he suffered and been more of a father to Julian. Some wounds never go away.

But if Julian can forgive. I think this is the show I saw - it's from CBS Sunday Morning about a photography exhibit Julian had with both of John's wives and sons in attendance. It's rather moving especially the end.

by Anonymousreply 15710/05/2012

The actress playing linda whomever doesnt even look like her where on earth could they find a man-faced hairy legged beak nose and that was her good trates. elizabeth mitchell looks 100 per cent better looking. I have seen interviews listening to linda whomever, I think she thought she was princess Di, to bad linda we all know that you gross groupie, druggie,talentless nothing. Paul Mccarteny missed a mother figure and she played the part well. She should have written a book on how to be a Con-artist.Y

by Anonymousreply 15810/06/2012

Some fool said paul mccarteny wasnt good looking stupid jealous fool. And linda had some stange hold on him , why didnt he marry a Miss America insted he could have.

by Anonymousreply 15912/21/2012

Linda = beard

by Anonymousreply 16012/21/2012

by Anonymousreply 16112/21/2012

Has Jane Asher been mentioned?

by Anonymousreply 16212/21/2012

Nope, Jane hasn't been mentioned. Why?

by Anonymousreply 16312/21/2012

Today, Yoko said that Paul broke up the beatles by being overbearing and inflicting all his visions on the group.

According to her, Ringo was the first to want to leave, then George.

I wish I had a link but it was a TV news report, and the reporter got all huffy and said Yoko was playing a "blame game."

by Anonymousreply 16912/28/2012

Ringo did leave for a couple of weeks during the making of the White Album. The whole band was at each others' throats at the time and were virtually recording their songs as solo artists in different studios (in the same building).

Each one of them thought that THEY were the ones on the outer with the other three.

At the time Lennon was innocently asked in an interview if he thought "Ringo is the best drummer in the world?"

His reply: "He's not even the best drummer in The Beatles."

That sarcastic git had a gift when it came to throwing shade. He was referring to the fact that Paul played drums on a lot of songs around this time (because fussy Paul wasn't satisfied with Ringo's drumming style).

by Anonymousreply 17012/28/2012

[quote]Ringo did leave for a couple of weeks during the making of the White Album.

Why did he return?

by Anonymousreply 17112/29/2012

[quote]Why did he return?

The other Beatles sent him flowers and a card saying "we miss you" and they soon settled their differences.

This difficult time was soon topped by the catastrophic events making the 'Get Back' album. Paul had the brainwave to fulfil their commitment to United Artists for one more film and make a new Beatles album at the same time. Eventually they gave up in despair after much feuding and general bitterness and retired to Abbey Road Studios to make 'Abbey Road', their final album, a musical return to form that was recorded with a spirit of calmness and friendly co-operation.

Eventually 'Get Back' saw the light of day as the 'Let It Be' album and film after Phil Spector rescued the doomed project at Lennon's request.

by Anonymousreply 17212/29/2012

Ringo went on holiday and came back with reassurances from the others that things would be better in the studio. They welcomed him back with decorating his drums with flowers.

by Anonymousreply 17312/30/2012

R172, knows his shit.

I've read all the books too, R172. Which is your fave/the best?

The Love You Make was the first that really gave a true and detailed picture, though it was mean spirited and bitchy.

People reading this thread might be interested in this rare interview with P & L from '79

by Anonymousreply 17412/30/2012

by Anonymousreply 17512/30/2012

Total Bush supporter. Major pussyhound.

by Anonymousreply 17612/30/2012

To be honest, R174, I haven't read many of the books about The Beatles.

One that I really enjoyed was 'All You Need Is Ears' by George Martin. I am also the proud owner of a copy of 'Recording The Beatles'.

by Anonymousreply 17712/30/2012

grow up 176.

by Anonymousreply 17801/16/2013

I like this one:

by Anonymousreply 17901/16/2013

I just saw on tumbir Paul mccarteny making the same hand gestures that John had made making fun of the handicaped. How sad they were called the Fab Four how about the sad but true four.

by Anonymousreply 18001/16/2013

You can't play rock 'n roll on a diet of Linda bloody McCartney's tofu treats!

by Anonymousreply 18101/17/2013

Every one let it go.

by Anonymousreply 18203/03/2013

Did they ever figure out where she really died?

by Anonymousreply 18303/04/2013

I thought she died in Arizona? Where exactly I dunno. Sort of the same thing with George, claiming he'd died at one location when really he'd died at another. A red herring to through fans and press off.

by Anonymousreply 18403/04/2013

It's also something about death taxes, I think, and coroners.

by Anonymousreply 18503/04/2013

It is too bad paul could not understand what is a good looking woman he has never found one. John married a ugly second wife and Paul has married 3 ugly ones. His other two band mate married very acctractive women. And dont give me this I thought this picture was acctractive of Linda they only had to take 50 shots to get a half way decent one. Didnt he ever think it might help his woman to be on the cover of wings? I guess not. Stop with jewish woman Paul ypu mother taught you better than that, the only way to heaven is throuh Jesus christ our Lord.

by Anonymousreply 18603/11/2013

[all posts by racist shit-stain # 4 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 18707/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 18807/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 18907/05/2013

When she was alive it was annoying that she was up there on stage with Paul despite an utter lack of talent.

However, now that she's gone I think people admire (envy?) the complete devotion they seemed to have to each other. It appears to have been a rare actual case of true love.

by Anonymousreply 19107/06/2013

George's last wife wasn't attractive either.

by Anonymousreply 19207/06/2013

Watched R[157] link the CBS Sunday Morning segment about Julian and I felt so sad for him. He said he's forgiven but I think he's still pained that his father was so absent and basically said he hardly knew who the strange kid was when he was home after touring w/the Beatles.

Plus the problem Julian had w/Yoko could have all been avoided had Yoko not been such a nasty bitch. Yoko could have encouraged John to reconnect w/his first son plus she could have given Julian his share of his father's wealth. Julian and his mother Cynthia are ten times the good people Yoko could ever be. I wouldn't be able to be in the same room much less put on a good face for that reception. But like Julian said, he hurt Yoko, he hurt Sean, whom he loves.

I know this is about Linda but I just had to vent about poor Julian.

by Anonymousreply 19307/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 19407/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 19607/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 19707/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 19807/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 19907/20/2013

Julian Lennon seems to be doing alright. He started the White Feather Foundation, which is involved in environmental and humanitarian issues. Professionally he is a musician and a photographer. He has an upcoming exhibit in London's Little Black Gallery. He reaches 1000s through his FB posts - he seems to be busy and balanced.

Paul McCartney's comment on John Lennon's death was enough for me. Jerk.

Linda McCartney, didn't hate her then, don't adore her now. Seems she had a bit of fun, lived a good life, loved and was loved completely...

by Anonymousreply 20007/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 20107/20/2013

Gurl couldn't walk through an airport without a kilo of weed,aparently.?!

Also the "fashion designer" daughter ...not so much.

by Anonymousreply 20307/20/2013

Yes Yoko went after Paul first, but he was not interested so she stalked John instead, she never could compete with Jane Asher, but it was a no brainer that John & Cynthia were just a marriage of convenience, so he became her target instead. Linda was always after Paul, not John, long before she met Paul she told people she would marry him someday. John and Linda hated each other, I remember a story that once John lunged at Linda and tried to strangle her during Beatle negotiations.

Linda & Yoko were basically groupie stalkers, and managed to snag them when they were both going through a lot of emotional and business distress.

Yoko was always a fraud, it is a big lie that she met John after meeting him in an art gallery, that whole story was BS started to promote her image as an artist, she had been stalking Paul briefly & then John since 1966, showing up where ever the Beatles were etc, she did this at her husband at that times urging no less, because John could get her attention and elevate her BS artistic career. Sadly,It eventually worked.

Linda was a groupie who used her career as a photographer to bed rock stars, but Paul was always her target & she too managed to get close to the Beatles with the intention of seducing Paul. At that time Linda, though not beautiful, or even pretty, was well put together, and somewhat attractive, she wore her hair parted to the side & wore make-up and looked attractive,(she let herself go completely once she bagged Paul though) like Paul she liked art, music, and pot, so they had common interest & once Paul & Jane split she really went after him.

I do not think Paul would of married her if she was not pregnant & if he was not such an emotional wreck at that time. I think he was probably still hung up on Jane at that time, but Paul did love Linda or at least he grew to love her, although I see her as an enabler to Pauls drug use and boosted his already large ego, she was very loyal & dedicated to Paul, and did whatever she could to make him happy. She grew on people I think. I personally liked her for animal welfare causes, she was the most vocal and dedicated celebrity to that cause.

Between Linda and Yoko I definitely like Linda best, Yoko is a fraud and always has been, she and John got together during his worse drug phrase (heroin), they stayed together mainly for publicity, when they broke up most of Johns friends said he was happiest with May Pang, but he got back together with her when she threatened to kill herself & who knows what else she threatened to do, Yoko is incredibly manipulative & still promotes the "legend" of John & Yoko, but many do not know that she secretly married someone very shortly after Johns death.

by Anonymousreply 20407/20/2013

Linda inspired some timeless love songs - "My Love" and "Let Me Roll It" being two fine examples. Whatever her faults, physical or other, it's clear that Paul loved her and he produced some great music as a result.

by Anonymousreply 20507/20/2013

r204, who did Yoko marry shortly after John's death?

by Anonymousreply 20607/20/2013

There's a good book about Lennon called "Lennon in America" by Geoffrey Giuliano. Here's an excerpt:

"Under the new regime Yoko opened both her home and her bedroom to Sam Havadtoy. The decorator moved in just days after the shooting, and the couple have been together ever since. There have been reports the pair were secretly married in Budapest in June 1981, a charge Yoko vehemently denies. According to insiders, despite her many statements that she was sick of John, Yoko has made Havadtoy a virtual clone of her late husband, dressing him up in Lennon's sweaters, having his hair cut the same way. Yoko also appointed the new man in her life President of the Manhattan Bag One Gallery, specializing in Lennon-related artwork. In the fall of 1981, months after Havadtoy was ensconced in the Dakota she told a writer, "Could I really bring another man into all of this? I don't intend to spend the rest of my life alone, but in this state of mind it would be very unfair to any man who wants to get involved with me, because I'm still very involved."

Yoko Ono is truly a disgusting, lying bitch.

by Anonymousreply 20707/21/2013

Yoko did marry Sam Havadtoy, she kept it secrete because she knew she would get a huge backlash, & she can not give up the act of playing the widowed martyr, shes made a career out of it. John & Yoko were just a showmance for the majority of their relationship, especially before he died. If he had not been murdered, they would not still be together today, but I think Paul & Linda would of been if she had not died, he did grow to love her very much, even though she had her faults,(major pot head & unkempt appearance, flaky personality etc..) Linda did have a kind and loving soul and her devotion to Paul was very strong.

by Anonymousreply 20807/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!