Since 1995

Frank Langella

Who's his boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 5903/08/2013

Whoopi Goldberg

by Anonymousreply 110/10/2011

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 210/10/2011

Going to 'Man and Boy' Wednesday night. He's a great actor. Whoopi was supposedly involved with him at some point. He's straight, I won't hold it against him.I just don't know why he would choose that lifestyle..,

by Anonymousreply 310/10/2011

NOT STRAIGHT - definitely bisexual, and since the end of his "relationship" with Whoopi (over 10 years ago, before she took up with Ted Danson), pretty much strictly gay.

He's been with Alfred Molina, Alan Bates and Ray Liotta for brief affairs in the last 10 years. Currently not serious with anyone, but always on the lookout for fresh, "younger" talent - he likes 'em younger.

Made a big play for Michael Esper during "Man for All Seasons", but Esper rebuffed him. Not sure who he's working on this time at the Roundabout.

by Anonymousreply 410/11/2011

Ray Liotta is gay??? FUCK! I would have fallen on my knees for him back when he was younger and hot.

by Anonymousreply 510/11/2011

lemon party.

by Anonymousreply 610/11/2011

Really R4? Alan Bates has been dead for years.

by Anonymousreply 710/11/2011

It was back when they did "Fortune's Fool" together on Broadway, R7. 2002. Both won Tonys for their work. I worked hair for that show.

by Anonymousreply 810/11/2011

First I've ever heard about Liotta. He's always been involved with women before (publically, that is).

by Anonymousreply 910/11/2011

Hello.

by Anonymousreply 1010/11/2011

I think the Fortune's Fool affair with Alan Bates was really just a rekindling of a romance from the 1960s when Bates was on Broadway in Butley. By FF time they were both well into their 50s (60s?) and there couldn't have been much heat.

Langella was also after Garret Dillahunt when theydid an off-Broadway play in the 90s called (I think) Booth Is Back. I don't think FRank was successful there either.

Michael Esper? Frank must be old enough to be his grandfather! Great-grandfather?!

Btw is Michael Esper gay? He plays one so often it's confusing.

by Anonymousreply 1110/11/2011

He makes tender love to me every night.

by Anonymousreply 1210/11/2011

Frank looks like he has serious BDF.

by Anonymousreply 1310/11/2011

R7- Bates and Langella did a play in New York a few years before Alan died. I saw them one night at Joe Allen and they were a bit tipsy and all over each other. But they looked really happy.

by Anonymousreply 1410/11/2011

I love the idea of Bates and Langella as lovers late in life when they did Fortune's Fool. But I tend to think it was simply a rumor because these were two men who were obviously simply in awe of each other.

by Anonymousreply 1510/11/2011

Love them both but am fascinated by Alan Bates' sex life.

Highly romantic, definitely bisexual, incredibly sexy, manly, and gorgeous, and so very much in love with both men and women.

What a great man, what a talent. And a heartthrob for all time in "An Unmarried Woman." A life filled of friends and lovers made up of wonderful men and women of both sexes.

He should be R1 to those idiotic "no such things as a bi man" posts that pop up here on DL twice a week.

by Anonymousreply 1610/11/2011

If Langella and Bates never had an affair during "Fortunes Fool," it would have had taken 10 seconds for the rumors to have started that they were fucking like rabbits.

by Anonymousreply 1710/11/2011

[quote]Who's his boyfriend?

Frank Langella.

Duh.

by Anonymousreply 1810/11/2011

Frank didn't merit a mention in this story about Master Bates.

by Anonymousreply 1910/11/2011

If he "likes 'em young," why was he with Molina, Liotta, and Bates within the last 10 years? None of those three have been young for ages.

by Anonymousreply 2010/11/2011

I remember seeing Langella for the first time back in the late 70's when he played Count Dracula. I was completely mesmerized by his incredible beauty.

by Anonymousreply 2110/11/2011

Thank you for posting a link to that excerpt from a bio of Alan. He was a friend of my now deceased partner and I in the late 80's. We met him at a party in England. Wonderful man, I didn't know all that stuff I read in the book excerpt. I knew he was gay, but not that he had so many affairs and lovers.

by Anonymousreply 2210/11/2011

More observations, please, R22.

by Anonymousreply 2310/11/2011

We met Alan at a party on the coast - I think it was in Rye. Alan was friends with a couple I had know for years, but they had never mentioned him or that he was going to be at the party. BTW the party was only gay men. My partner was much younger than me and very handsome. He looked like Rupert Graves. Anyway, Alan spent most of the evening with us. My partner made a mistake and said a film Alan was not in was his favorite, but Alan just laughed. He asked my partner and I to stay with him for a few days and we went around Cantebury and other English towns down there.

He was just a wonderful guy, even a bit flamboyant. People recognized him on the street and he loved it. He decided we needed a new gentlemen's wardrobe and bought us a lot of clothes - funny huh. I still have these two scarves he bought us.

Anyway, he talked about my antique rose garden back in California, San Francisco so many things. I worked at Apple, so he wanted computer help and advice.

We talked on the phone every couple of months after that and Alan said he was going to come and stay with us in SF, but we lost touch in 1993.

Later on and looking back on things I assume something happened between my partner and Alan. I never asked, but Alan was his type.

Alan had this bearish masculinity and he was very gay, too. At least around other gay men. It surprised me because he was definitely the man on the screen, but this other side - the flamboyance was something new.

I have posted this in here before.

by Anonymousreply 2410/11/2011

Love your reminiscences r24. Thank you for posting.

by Anonymousreply 2510/11/2011

THIS IS MY FUCKING THREAD!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2610/11/2011

Several years ago, a journalist friend was granted an interview with Langella. The publicist demanded that "there will be NO questions to Mr. Langella regarding his personal life."

by Anonymousreply 2710/11/2011

Have no idea about Langella's sexuality.

But have to say that I love both Langella and Bates. Two of the finest actors of the last half century, on stage and screen. And two remarkable men. Men and women loved them.

What an interesting world it would have been if guys like them would have been able to say at the height of their youthful fame, "we date men" or, as the case may be, "we also date men."

Total fantasy, of course, but such a nice one.

by Anonymousreply 2810/11/2011

Alan Bates' lover was ice skating icon John Curry. Curry later became an actor and appeared on Broadway in BRIGADOON. He contracted AIDS. John died in Alan's arms.

by Anonymousreply 2910/11/2011

Ray Liotta is NOT gay. But if he were, he wouldn't go near a fat old man like Frank Langella.

by Anonymousreply 3010/11/2011

SHUT THE FUCK UP THE "ALAN BATES" SHIT!, BITCHES!

START YOUR OWN FUCKING ALAN FUCKING BATES THREAD!

STAY ON TOPIC! THIS IS MY FUCKING THREAD!!!

by Anonymousreply 3110/11/2011

r30, do you really think Frank Langella is fatter than Ray Liotta? And I assume the affair - if it happened, which I tend to agree with you that it may not - was many years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3210/11/2011

From that article Alan Bates doesn't sound very bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 3310/11/2011

"Ray Liotta is NOT gay. But if he were, he wouldn't go near a fat old man like Frank Langella."

r30, I seriously think you should take a look at this 2010 pic of Ray Liotta.

by Anonymousreply 3410/11/2011

Liotta has become a hideous thing in the last few years. That farmer's tan and the bulging gut in R34's picture prove that. Also the pock marks on his face seem to have become more prominent in the last few years. I assume the makeup people just gave up at some point or they didn't have enough in the budget for 3 50 gallon drums of foundation just for Liotta.

by Anonymousreply 3510/11/2011

How could he ever have gotten it up for Whoopi?

by Anonymousreply 3610/11/2011

I don't believe he and Whoopi were ever sexually involved. I met Whoopi at the Valencia Rose in San Francisco when he career was just starting out and she was a total lesbian then. Not bi, a lesbian. I don't believe she has changed.

by Anonymousreply 3710/11/2011

Wasn't Bates in a long time relationship with Joanna Pettet?

Oh, sorry this is a Langella thread. But I would feel silly starting an entire thread on a question of such limited value.

Even on DL where people post threads about having been late to work because they misplaced their mothers' thimbles.

by Anonymousreply 3810/11/2011

"Who's his boyfriend?"

Whoever he sees when he looks in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 3910/11/2011

Saw him coming out of a peep show in Times Square a couple of years ago. And his performance and appearance in "Diary of a Mad Housewife" should leave little doubt he's a mary.

by Anonymousreply 4010/11/2011

Ellen Barkin left her marriage to Gabriel Byrne for Frank Langella.

Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 4110/11/2011

Never heard that one. I do believe Frank is a gay, however. Check him out nude fucking Rebecca DeMornay in the hoopy "And God Created Woman".

by Anonymousreply 4210/11/2011

I thought Barkin left to be with a very young (like 22 year old) David Arquette. She does like them young. She is currently living with a 25 year old.

by Anonymousreply 4310/11/2011

I will always remember you this way, my love. My hole still burns at the thought of you.

by Anonymousreply 4410/11/2011

[quote]He should be [R1] to those idiotic "no such things as a bi man" posts that pop up here on DL twice a week.

Did you translate that from some foreign language where that word order makes sense?

by Anonymousreply 4510/11/2011

"He's been with Alfred Molina, Alan Bates and Ray Liotta for brief affairs in the last 10 years"

Alfred Molina and Ray Liotta are family? Details, please.

"When the president does it, it's not illegal!"

by Anonymousreply 4610/11/2011

Frank Langela is bisexual; but he wrote a memoir about his sexuality that was recently published.

by Anonymousreply 4706/07/2012

(3) What were they doing together, shopping for drapes?

by Anonymousreply 4806/07/2012

DL has assured me that Langella is bisexual, but while perusing his autobiography I noticed many descriptions of his many relationships with women, but none of his sexual relationships with men -- they all seemed to be described as loving yet platonic.

by Anonymousreply 4903/08/2013

Raul Julia

by Anonymousreply 5003/08/2013

He specifically states that he never had sex with Raul Julia.

by Anonymousreply 5103/08/2013

but did he ever say whether or not they had "sexual relations"

by Anonymousreply 5203/08/2013

He said they were platonic friends only. If he so bisexual, where's all the guys?

by Anonymousreply 5303/08/2013

Alan Bates, same deal. No mention of any sort of romantic or sexual relationship at all.

by Anonymousreply 5403/08/2013

Like that old queen would come out while he can still draw a paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 5503/08/2013

[quote]where's all the guys?

in the cab home after taking the money from the dresser....

(oh and BTW no such thing as male bisexuality)

by Anonymousreply 5603/08/2013

Langella was as coy as a schoolgirl when it came to bisexual revelations in his book "Dropping Names." He danced around his affair with Laurence Olivier ("I took off my shorts and dashed into the bathroom. 'See anything you like,'" I said to Sir Larry.) I actually enjoyed the book and have no problem believing he is a man with a wide variety of sexual tastes. He and John Edwards seem to have been especially good at wooing Bunny Mellon.

by Anonymousreply 5703/08/2013

oh I forgot all about Bunny Mellon! poor dear.

by Anonymousreply 5803/08/2013

If that's the case, r56, then we have to conclude that Frank L. is straight.

by Anonymousreply 5903/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.