Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Andre Khabbazi

Started out on 'The Young & the Restless' in the late 90's, and appeared in the gay film "Circuit" in 2001 as a gay hustler.

Apparently quit acting after 2001 and became a bartender at The Abbey in West Hollywood.

Anyone heard anything of him lately? Does he have a boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 4904/23/2013

He was married with, I think, two kids.

Nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 110/08/2011

He's straight, R1?

by Anonymousreply 210/08/2011

He had kids back in his early to mid '20s.

by Anonymousreply 310/08/2011

Why would a straight guy work as a bartender at The Abbey and appear in a sexually explicit gay film?

by Anonymousreply 410/09/2011

For a paycheck, R4?

by Anonymousreply 510/09/2011

Perhaps, but it's unusual, R4.

I'd like to see some proof he is married with his kids. There's nothing about it on IMDB or Wikipedia.

by Anonymousreply 610/09/2011

Whoops. I meant R5, not R4.

by Anonymousreply 710/09/2011

just saw Circuit. what happened to this actor? he seems to have vanished shortly after the movie.

by Anonymousreply 810/23/2011

He is straight, really, with a lovely wife and 2 kids, and it's all legit. They are a very nice family and he bartends at the Abbey because he makes over 100,000 per year.

by Anonymousreply 910/23/2011

Bartenders can earn that much money, R9? For real?

Excuse me while I pick up my jaw.

by Anonymousreply 1010/23/2011

Where is the evidence of the wife and 2 kids? I don't see it listed on any of his profiles on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 1110/23/2011

He has kids. I've seen them with him.

by Anonymousreply 1210/23/2011

What the fuck sort of "evidence" do you want? DNA?

by Anonymousreply 1310/23/2011

But how many straight guys work at a gay bar, and appear in a sexually explicit gay film?

by Anonymousreply 1410/23/2011

Who knows where he or any actor is on the Kinsey scale, R14?

But some actors are smart enough to say yes to the right opportunities.

I think MOST Of the abbey bartenders are straight; creates less drama, just lots of lusting from afar.

by Anonymousreply 1510/23/2011

Well if you can make $100,000 a year, R9, perhaps I can see why a straight guy MIGHT work there.

Andre obviously knows he is hot to gay men, and the director of "Circuit" says on the DVD commentary that he has the most amazing ass he has ever seen and that that is why he focused on it in the film.

by Anonymousreply 1610/24/2011

I'm gay and I've worked at straight bars. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 1710/24/2011

I thought this guy was so hot in Circuit. If he's not gay, he certainly put on a good show. He didn't hold back one bit. He liked to use that tongue!

He changed his last name, I think, to sound less Arab or Iranian. His Iranian father was a professional soccer player in India, who later moved to Los Angeles when Andre was about 18, and then found work as a cab driver. Andre is also a professional tennis player. He was married with kids. I don't know if he's still married, tho. I heard he might not be..

Anyway, I think he's bisexual. Supposedly, he and that other actor who played the cop developed a relationship for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 1810/24/2011

Hmm. I recently got the DVD of "Circuit" and am part-way through the DVD commentary. I'll have to go through it again to check, but so far I haven't heard the director say "Oh by the way, although Andre is playing a gay guy and does several naked scenes with men, he is straight in real life".

by Anonymousreply 1910/24/2011

He's the best thing in an otherwise awful movie. Besides being so hot, he's a genuinely decent actor.

I was surprised he didn't get more work afterward.

by Anonymousreply 2010/24/2011

There's a current thread on one of the other actors in it - Daniel Kucan.

Daniel pings a lot and also appears on Home & Garden television and on Jesse Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory" show as an investigator.

on the DVD commentary, the Director says it was Daniel who brought in the hot black actor who he rolls around naked with in the hot tub.

Again, I didn't hear anything about him being straight in real life on the commentary.

by Anonymousreply 2110/24/2011

Also, the blond actor who had HIV, Paul?, who had a really popular song at one time, went on about a shower scene he had with Andre that was hot as hell. And it sounded like Andre really got into it. They cut it.

by Anonymousreply 2210/24/2011

Too bad, R22. I don't think it's in the deleted scenes either from what I can remember.

by Anonymousreply 2310/24/2011

It's not

by Anonymousreply 2410/26/2011

I listened to the DVD commentary today and during the big sex scene between Andre and the lead actor, the Director says Andre and the other guy are straight in real life and married, so it appears the people who said he was married are correct.

Still think he pings though and that's got to be the most graphic gay sex scene a straight actor has done. (eg. major kissing, licking the other guy's ass & body, fucking him from behind, lots of ass shots etc)

by Anonymousreply 2510/26/2011

I go back and forth with actors who are completely comfortable doing gay sex scenes -- if they're comfortable doing them then I think they might be gay.

But it's probably more of a case where they're totally comfortable with who they are (straight) and therefore they can get into it.

I'd met Andre a few times when he was on the soap and he was a really nice guy. Never pinged at all for whatever my opinion is worth.

by Anonymousreply 2610/26/2011

Wonder if he is still married?

Does he still work at The Abbey?

by Anonymousreply 2710/26/2011

the movie was a decade ago, but I bet he still looks pretty hot.

He's still under 40, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 2810/27/2011

born in 1975 apparently:

by Anonymousreply 2910/27/2011

Andre ain't totally straight. He's bisexual if not gay.

by Anonymousreply 3010/27/2011

What about the fact that he is/was married to a woman, R30?

by Anonymousreply 3110/27/2011

Okay, I knew Andrew when he was on the soap and he was nice; they never gave him much to do.

I saw the movie and thought holy cow; I can see where people think he's gay. He did an amazing job. Why hasn't he worked more as an actor?

by Anonymousreply 3211/14/2011

I don't know, R32. Looks like that was his last role. After doing the movie, he doesn't seem to have any credits listed since 2001. So I guess he left acting 10 years ago and works at The Abbey full-time.

by Anonymousreply 3311/14/2011

I wonder if Dirk Schaffer was able to get closer to him.

by Anonymousreply 3411/15/2011

There's an extensive view of his bare ass in "Circuit". The director says on the DVD commentary that he has the most amazing ass he has ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 3511/15/2011

I don't go to the Abbey often, but I can't think I've ever seen him there.

I can see him going for a regular gig if he has kids.

And so many great actors don't work because they're just so few roles and so many actors.

Think about it: year after year, high school seniors and college graduates come to LA, hoping to make it big.

Think of the hottest guy in your h.s. and then multiply that by all the high schools -- the competition is fierce.

by Anonymousreply 3611/15/2011

Very true, R36. But you don't have to be good-looking to get into the entertainment industry. That's why it's a good idea to develop some skills and other talents so that not everyone is competing for the "good-looking guy" part.

by Anonymousreply 3711/15/2011

Absolutely, R37.

Crazy tho -- Andre is hot and can act and he's cool; if I could hire him I would.

I mean if I were producing a movie, I'd cast him.

by Anonymousreply 3811/16/2011

He was the best thing about that movie. And he could act.

by Anonymousreply 3911/16/2011

In 2001, having a last name like Khabbazi could not have been helpful for an actor.

by Anonymousreply 4011/16/2011

He changed his name, R40. Andre something. I can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 4111/16/2011

You think people stopped hiring him because he has an Iranian name?

He was able to get hired on The Young and the Restless back in the 90's.

by Anonymousreply 4211/16/2011

I have no recollection of him on Y&R

by Anonymousreply 4311/16/2011

He was briefly involved with the Denniston girls. The Denniston daughters were the children of Keith Denniston, who was romantically involved with Jill Abbott for a while and engaged in business deals with Jack and Victor.

by Anonymousreply 4411/17/2011

first he was with Tricia and then boom overnight, no explanation Megan's b.f. was gone and Andre's character had switched over to her.

then, soon, he was gone and Megan took up with Tony.

by Anonymousreply 4511/17/2011

here's his amazing naked ass:

by Anonymousreply 4611/17/2011

I remember buying this DVD just to see Andre in it and it truly is an awful movie. I've seen better student films than this crap. He never made a movie after this, so I wonder if it wrecked his acting career.

by Anonymousreply 4703/11/2012

I thought it was a decent film.

by Anonymousreply 4803/11/2012

It's strange how he just disappeared after "Circuit".

by Anonymousreply 4904/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!