Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tilda Swinton to quit acting?

Tilda Swinton has sparked speculation she is ready to quit movies after revealing her decision to become an actress was "a major mistake".

The Academy Award-winner, who is receiving huge praise for her portrayal of a troubled mother in new movie We Need To Talk About Kevin, has hinted she is ready to leave Hollywood.

In a new interview, Swinton declares "I'm hoping to pull it to a close shortly" and admits she's "trying to get back on track" and focus on writing.

Britain's Daily Express quotes the star as saying, "I'm not really interested in acting. I've given up waiting for an epiphany of interest to strike.

"Acting is a red herring and a major mistake and I'm still trying to get back on track. Every time I'm in a film I'm determined it's the last I'm in then I'll fall into a conversation with someone and we'll cook up a new scheme. Basically it's gone on for 20 years but I'm hoping to pull it to a close shortly.

"I'm not going, 'Where are the films?' because I don't want there to be films. It's not like I'm looking for opportunities to do things. I would like an opportunity to have a good sleep and get on with some writing."

by Anonymousreply 5103/01/2013

Who?

by Anonymousreply 110/08/2011

I really want to want We Need to Talk about Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 210/08/2011

I'm kind of convinced Tilda Swinton, David Bowie, Patrick Wolf, and Elly Jackson are all from a mystical realm of pretty, androgynous redheads.

by Anonymousreply 310/08/2011

*that should read I really want to watch

by Anonymousreply 410/08/2011

She is probably realizing that she can't act. I wouldn't miss her.

by Anonymousreply 510/08/2011

She comes from money, she can do whatever the hell she wants.

Must be nice.z

by Anonymousreply 610/08/2011

She'll go away for two years and then realize what an easy way to make money acting really is.

by Anonymousreply 710/08/2011

wouldn't she have to start first?

by Anonymousreply 810/08/2011

Writing is hard work; standing around making faces all day long isn't particularly straining.

by Anonymousreply 910/08/2011

I love what she said. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 1010/08/2011

She reminds me of fellow lesbian Brit, Glenda Jackson, who also walked away from Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 1110/08/2011

R9 is correct writing is brutally lonely and difficult. However she is famous, therefore she will get published people will tell her how amazing she is and she will win awards for her 'bravery'

by Anonymousreply 1210/08/2011

I'd take one Tilda Swinton over 99.9% of other "actresses" these days.

by Anonymousreply 1310/08/2011

I'd like to quit cleaning toilets but some of us don't have a choice. I wish I had her problems.

by Anonymousreply 1410/08/2011

but a least it's not for writing other people love letters

by Anonymousreply 1610/08/2011

R5 and R8 are too stupid to wipe their own asses. Their idea of a good actress is probably someone like Michelle Williams.

by Anonymousreply 1710/08/2011

Great. She wants to write. So, she should.

Now I'll sit back and listen to a lot of queens be snarky about it.

by Anonymousreply 1810/08/2011

She did get to cozy up to Ewan McGregor's massive uncut cock in that movie

by Anonymousreply 1910/08/2011

She is indispensable to the Mexican alphabet.

by Anonymousreply 2010/08/2011

As long as she wears what she wears she may do as she pleases.

To my shrine I've added an old bead of calk, two cat whiskers, and an empty Jiff peanut butter jar.

As I light a gummi bear, I pray for peace and asphalt shingles that moss over evenly.

by Anonymousreply 2110/08/2011

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 2210/09/2011

"I'm kind of convinced Tilda Swinton, David Bowie, Patrick Wolf, and Elly Jackson are all from a mystical realm of pretty, androgynous redheads."

Huh? Bowie is NOT a natural redhead.

Swinton looks more like Conan O'Brian!

Tilda also said she's love to portray Conan: "I would just be only too happy," Swinton told Movieline.com at the Sundance Film Festival, where she is promoting I Am Love. "Yes, yes, yes, absolutely."

by Anonymousreply 2310/09/2011

Hmm... It's funny how people who have made it in the business always seem so blasé about their successful career.

by Anonymousreply 2410/09/2011

R23, neither is Patrick Wolf. I am not sure if Tilda is naturally a redhead or blond. I was talking about them being from a mystical realm, I was ignoring their natural hair colour.

by Anonymousreply 2510/09/2011

Oh, how fucking gracious of her to give us time to prepare. I love it when actors and actresses throw out the "threat" of there coming a day when we won't be blessed with seeing them on the big screen.

Her showiness indicates that Tilda is incapable of not acting. She's always ON.

by Anonymousreply 2610/09/2011

What she does is more performance art than acting. Not everyone's cup of tea.

And Michelle Williams is hardly a good example of a bad actress. She was great in Blue Valentine and a lot of other small films nobody saw.

by Anonymousreply 2710/09/2011

whatever, next

by Anonymousreply 2810/09/2011

[quote]And Michelle Williams is hardly a good example of a bad actress.

Williams is a perfect example of a bad actress. Luckiest tv "actress" ever she should be doing Jackie Collins stuff.

by Anonymousreply 2910/09/2011

Michelle Williams is a great actress - and she keeps proving that.

by Anonymousreply 3010/09/2011

Can we keep Williams, the homely troll, out of this thread?

by Anonymousreply 3110/09/2011

[quote]Michelle Williams is a great actress.

Well now that we have heard from the Flat Earth Society...

by Anonymousreply 3210/09/2011

I'm happy for Tilda. Why not all of us be happy for her? The acting thing is "NOT" for her.

by Anonymousreply 3410/09/2011

Lesbian scene with Tilda Swinton. From 'Female Perversions'

Unfortunately, in this video Tilda Swinton and Karen Sillas are dubbed in another language...but still, it's not bad at all!

by Anonymousreply 3502/13/2013

Is she still... gone?

Can someone make sure, please?

by Anonymousreply 3602/13/2013

I don't have a problem with her herself. I applaud her for making her odd looks work. It's the fan girls who attach legendish beauty to her persona I have a problem. As if you'd choose her looks for your next incarnation on this earth. These same girls claim Cate Blanchette to be gorgeous.

Tilda's look has been done in the late eighties by Calvin Klein. Only a stunner could pull it off though. So go right ahead and quit the acting profession and go into a suitable career, poetry perhaps. She hasn't made waves in another trade because she isn't all that. I believe she's bought the fan girl hype not unlike Dame Paltrow. When push comes to shove, they can't compete with validated talent. They aren't special really but nobody has pointed that out to them. Time tells the truth.

by Anonymousreply 3802/13/2013

My mom really likes Michelle Williams.

It's weird. She's seen all her latest movies.

by Anonymousreply 3902/13/2013

Michelle Williams, oh yeah! I like her a lot too.

by Anonymousreply 4002/15/2013

I forgot to add that Tilda Swinton is so lesbian. Lol, at least her features are.

by Anonymousreply 4102/15/2013

R41, yes, Tilda Swinton is probably a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 4202/15/2013

That's why she's such a good actress - because she doesn't mentalize it as some kind of status.

by Anonymousreply 4302/15/2013

god she is so pretentious. i love her!

by Anonymousreply 4402/15/2013

I'm sure she'll be a very successful writer.

by Anonymousreply 4502/15/2013

The superinsecure ones always announce these things because they want people to beg them to stay. "Oh no, please, Tilda, you must keep acting!" Well, if she wants to quit, quit: I won;t miss her.

Abnd if she REALLY kept hanging on to act because of fabulous projects her friends proposed, she wouldn't have been in all three of those terrible Chronicles of Narnia movies. She wants to make a lot of money and be famous just like 99% of everyone else in the business.

by Anonymousreply 4602/15/2013

She starred in the new videoclip and song of David Bowie 'The Stars (Are Out Tonight)'

Personally, l liked it a lot. There is something lynchian in this videoclip, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 4703/01/2013

People who really want to quit something just quit.

They make an exit plan and execute it.

If they fear others might try to convince them not to quit or pressure them to not quit, they keep it as quiet as possible.

on the other hand....

People who want attention for threatening to quit something talk on and on about how they would quit if ony... or they are going to quit "any day now"

It is one of the ways adults get attention when they feel under appreciated or just simply want everyone to say "oh no you can't quit you are too wonderful etc.."

by Anonymousreply 4803/01/2013

She was amazing in Julia.

by Anonymousreply 4903/01/2013

At least, it's apparent that Tilda Swinton knows how to act. She is good at what she is doing, she is not mediocre. I also loved the new Bowie song and she was so fitting with him in the video clip.

by Anonymousreply 5003/01/2013

Bye bitch!!!

by Anonymousreply 5103/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.