Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jodie Foster At "Carnage" Premiere, Trying To Be All Sexy, She Cut Her Hair

She usually pulls this shit off, but here, no.

There's Oscar talk for her with this film.

by Anonymousreply 11801/15/2013

She has male body posture, but a beautiful face.

by Anonymousreply 110/06/2011

She looks ready to fight. And obviously can't do heels. She has no poise what so ever.

by Anonymousreply 310/06/2011

[quote]She looks ready to fight.

by Anonymousreply 410/06/2011

All female actresses have memorized the same bizarre "angle" poses that are supposed to look hot, Jodie, bless her natural lesbian self, missed the straight chick memo and stood normally.

by Anonymousreply 510/06/2011

It needs some poof.

by Anonymousreply 610/06/2011

[quote]There's Oscar talk for her with this film.

She needs a career boost. Though, this is Polanski, so I don't know how kindly will the Academy voters look on the film.

Foster wants to direct. The problem is no one in Hollywood is too eager to give her $30 mil. or so to make a film. And she is too cheap to invest a couple of million of her own money to make an indie film.

by Anonymousreply 710/06/2011

Jodie Foster has very short legs and her calves are overly muscular. She just looks silly in a coctail dress, especially one where the straps are cockeyed.

I like the old broad, so I don't really get upset, but she is oddly proportioned for a human.

by Anonymousreply 810/06/2011

This play will not translate well into film. The trailer looks horrible.

by Anonymousreply 1010/06/2011

She's not quite a lipstick lesbian, and she's certainly not a bull dyke. Jodie's look needs a category name.

She also needs some jewelry and perhaps a more stylish hairdo.

by Anonymousreply 1110/06/2011

But they would give him money to make the piece of shit that was "The Beaver", r7? She doesn't need that much money to make a film. It's been her decision to stop working for a number of years. She's already doing that upcoming sci-fi movie in 2013. I would have loved for her to have done the Leni Riefenstahl film.

Has anyone picked up on the fact that she's kind of a weirdo now, beating up kids, defending Mel Gibson to no end, and all the info surrounding her breakup? She did a 180 image wise.

Why she did "Nim's Island" is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 1210/06/2011

I worked on a few of her films and she lives in nothing but t-shirts and sweatpants with no make-up and greasy hair.

by Anonymousreply 1310/06/2011

Look at that dress! What is up with the collar? The person who designed that should be shot!

by Anonymousreply 1410/06/2011

She has beautiful eyes and gives great face. But, everything else about her is still very tomboy.

by Anonymousreply 1510/06/2011

[quote] Jodie's look needs a category name

Chapstick Lesbian

by Anonymousreply 1610/06/2011

I would also have vaginal intercourse with her. I would ensure sufficient foreplay before penetration.

by Anonymousreply 1710/06/2011

It's not a flattering length, and she doesn't know how to pose. But I like the haircut, very sleek.

by Anonymousreply 1810/06/2011

Expect to see a major meltdown from Jodie when her controlling mother dies.

by Anonymousreply 1910/06/2011

Love the hair, but as r18 points out, the dress is a bad style and length for her.

The trailer... OMG, so claustrophic! Is the whole damn thing filmed in one room?

by Anonymousreply 2010/06/2011

She looks like a lizard.

by Anonymousreply 2110/06/2011

[quote]The trailer... OMG, so claustrophic! Is the whole damn thing filmed in one room?

So was Death and the Maiden, and it was a great film. If one thing Polanski does well, it is claustrophobia.

by Anonymousreply 2210/06/2011

The preferred term is "reptoid".

by Anonymousreply 2310/06/2011

Jodie Lesbian

by Anonymousreply 2410/06/2011

Doesn't she have someone to tell her what not to wear? That dress is horrid. She would have looked better in a sweater and black slacks.

by Anonymousreply 2510/06/2011

Is JF playing the Marcia Gay Harden role? That's the best one.

by Anonymousreply 2610/06/2011

The robe holding the dress up isn't even symmetrical. It looks like they pulled it off some sort of robe. It's practically falling apart.

by Anonymousreply 2710/06/2011

That rag she's got on is horrible! Well, from the waist down it's ok, but that hideous shoulder strap cum harness situation is FUGLAY! It looks like a bunch of painted black pig iron draped around her neck.

by Anonymousreply 2810/06/2011

The shoulder straps and upper part of her dress look like they're made from twisted black trash bags. Looks like something I'd expect off a Project Runway challenge on recycling.

by Anonymousreply 2910/06/2011

I can't stop laughing at this. I would love to meet and hang out at a club with the bitch who wrote this. We would have so much fun.

by Anonymousreply 3010/06/2011

Her shoes look too big, too.

by Anonymousreply 3110/07/2011

[quote]Expect to see a major meltdown from Jodie when her controlling mother dies.

I think the mother has been vegetative for a few years now.

by Anonymousreply 3210/07/2011

yes r26

by Anonymousreply 3310/07/2011

Not a flattering length for Jodie, but she does look good otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 3410/07/2011

I had no idea her mother was alive. She must live in a home; she's never photographed with Foster.

by Anonymousreply 3510/07/2011

R35: another person who believes that all of a celebrity's life is encapsulated in publicity/paparazzi photographs. There is no life beyond the lens of the photographer.

by Anonymousreply 3610/07/2011

Oh, c'mon, R36. A celebrity doesn't have to choose to be photographed and it will still happen.

by Anonymousreply 3710/07/2011

I like the hair, she always looked good with that bob cut.

by Anonymousreply 3810/07/2011

Let's give Jodie props for sticking with the ugly old girlfriend when she could easily get a hot young trophy wife.

by Anonymousreply 3910/08/2011

The movie takes place in one room, except for the first and last shots. The movie is horrible. I thought the play was funny, but I didn't laugh at all during the movie. It just doesn't work as a film. It comes across as completely lifeless.

Jodie Foster is definitely the best of the four, but it's nothing remarkable. I would be shocked if it were nominated for any Oscars. It will probably get some Golden Globe nominations in the comedy category, since the HFPA will eat that shit up.

by Anonymousreply 4010/08/2011

Fresh off the massive success that was "The Beaver."

by Anonymousreply 4110/08/2011

She is devoid of grace.

by Anonymousreply 4210/08/2011

Does she still make soup?

by Anonymousreply 4310/08/2011

Does she still have a boxer dog?

by Anonymousreply 4410/08/2011

"I worked on a few of her films and she lives in nothing but t-shirts and sweatpants with no make-up and greasy hair."

What about her personality?

by Anonymousreply 4510/08/2011

Still the hottest lesbian in H'wood.

by Anonymousreply 4610/08/2011

She actually looks great but needs a stylist to help her dress for her body.

by Anonymousreply 4710/08/2011

I enjoyed the play on Broadway. Why did they change the name of the film from God of Carnage to Carnage?

by Anonymousreply 4810/08/2011

R22- the play took place in one apartment in real time. 90 minutes with no intermission. I believe I read that, for the movie, we will get to see the incident with the kids on the school playground that ignites the whole thing. So they have opened it up a bit--- at least the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 4910/08/2011

[quote] Thank God there is one Hollywood actress who is naturally beautiful and does not resort to poisons, fat or surgery to make herself looks "better."

Could people possibly be this stupid as to believe Jodie Foster has never had surgery or used botox?

For God's sake, her nose alone is a veritable advertisement for rhinoplasty. Look at the straightness of it.

And do I see any wrinkles on her forehead? Noooo. I wonder why? Isn't she 50 years old? How many 50 year olds do you know with completely smooth foreheads?

by Anonymousreply 5010/08/2011

"Still the hottest lesbian in H'wood."

Not while Portia Di Rossi is alive.

by Anonymousreply 5110/08/2011

[quote]Still the hottest lesbian in H'wood.

While she is not a good actress and her latest cheek implants are weird, Saffron Burrows is was hotter than Foster.

by Anonymousreply 5210/08/2011

make that = way hotter

by Anonymousreply 5310/08/2011

Speaking from the Black perspective, Jodie Foster is not hot. Looks like some plain White girl.

by Anonymousreply 5410/08/2011

Sorry, but she seems too thin After her break-up, she's been looking tired and drained

by Anonymousreply 5510/08/2011

[quote]While she is not a good actress and her latest cheek implants are weird, Saffron Burrows is was hotter than Foster.

Burrows isn't a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 5610/08/2011

Her shoulders are asymmetrical, giving her a somewhat disheveled appearance. She favors her left arm?

by Anonymousreply 5710/08/2011

She looks chic and pretty. But I wish panty hose would make a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 5810/08/2011

Portia is loosing her looks now, imagine when she hits 50. Foster is hot.

by Anonymousreply 5910/09/2011

[quote]I think the mother has been vegetative for a few years now.

Thanks for the info, R32. Although the mom may be all but dead now, I think the actual death will make Jodie implode(maybe privately).

by Anonymousreply 6010/11/2011

[quote]For God's sake, her nose alone is a veritable advertisement for rhinoplasty. Look at the straightness of it.

Wrong R50. She's always had he same nose. Some people don't like her sharp features, but I think they are very beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 6110/11/2011

Shut the fuck up about Jodie Foster you motherfuckers.

I love love love love love love love her.

Always have.

She and I are about the same age, and I saw [italic]Taxi Driver[/italic] the year it came out, and I so yearned at the time to grow up to be Jodie Foster.

She looks fabulous in those photos. If I looked that good, I'd even risk praising God.

by Anonymousreply 6210/11/2011

From an African American lesbian womans point. I think she's beautiful. I would love to spend 24 hours in bed, or otherwise with her.

by Anonymousreply 6310/24/2011

The dress is horrid.

by Anonymousreply 6410/24/2011

She absolutely has had a nose job, R61. I have been watching her for her entire career. She had a nose job around age 16.

by Anonymousreply 6510/24/2011

Wow, R65 may be right. She used to have a small "bulb" on the tip of her nose. She must have shaved it off since her noise if pointy now.

by Anonymousreply 6610/24/2011

Still think she's hot, but I think she does have Botox forehead. I don't think she needs it; she's one of those women who could age naturally and still look great.

by Anonymousreply 6710/24/2011

I worked at a hotel where they were having film festival news conferences a few years back, and I was shocked at how tall she is and also by how beautiful she is in person. She's not amazon tall, but I always thought of Jodie as a short woman and she isn't. She's easily 5'6". She had make-ip and lipstick on, but not overpowering, and she had a golden tanned complexion. Just gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 6810/24/2011

You're a big fat liar r68 she's no more than 5'1.

by Anonymousreply 6910/24/2011

That couldn't have been her, R68. As R69 said, JF is rather short.

by Anonymousreply 7010/24/2011

Hipster wannabe. Jodie, really?

by Anonymousreply 7111/24/2011

I wonder if the rumor that she and Cherry Jones got in on during the filming of "The Beaver" was true? Kinda hope it was. Cherry Jones has that 'Scorpionic Saphic Southern Swagger' (a term I have coined to describe her) in just that way. But, she was barely in the film.

Jodie Foster has just always been a Lesbian.

When I was but a mere elementary schoolgirl, she pinged in all those films which were re run on the kiddie cable channels of yesteryear. These films oftentimes featured a little red haired boy who she could barely pretend to find cute, what for her ping. Her grand cinematic ping.

When I was but a mere junior high student, she pinged while at University in every p.r. picture taken of her at that time. John Hinkley lessened the ping for a brief while because he hadn't gaydar.

When I was but a mere highschooler, she pinged mightily in "The Accused." So very mightedly did sheping that most folks at the time thought that she and Kelley McGillis fucked their way through the filming.

And when I was but a mere University student (I am not from the US originally, hence my English), she pinged to the heavens in "Silence of the Lambs." Why, all the way from Barranquilla, Colombia we heard her ping and embraced it because Colombia is the home of the first openly gay neighborhood of all South America.

Jodie Foster has pinged to such a grand extent for just so very long, that the public is deafened by her being a Lesbian and just does not care anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7211/24/2011

We saw the film at a preview screening last week. It was engaging and claustrophobic. There were a couple of laughs throughout. The acting was good, if a tad mannered, but that is the danger of filming a stage play.

Kate Winslet was annoying. She did manage to be using Lancombe cosmetics throughout so kudos for promoting the brand that pay her shitloads.

Who is Jodie dating now after the breakup with her "beautiful Cydney" wasn't she with Cindy Mort?

by Anonymousreply 7311/24/2011

Yeah, she was with Cindy Mort for a hot second.

She's going into Helen Hunt territory.

She used to shop at Neiman's BH, and I thought that she was pretty short- like 5'2".

by Anonymousreply 7411/24/2011

by Anonymousreply 7511/24/2011

[quote]She's easily 5'6". She had make-ip and lipstick on, but not overpowering, and she had a golden tanned complexion. Just gorgeous.

I've seen Jodie, she is my height ~5'3".

by Anonymousreply 7611/24/2011

Has anybody else seen speculation that she had a nosejob, especially in regard to the time that period that was suggested in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 7711/24/2011

Here are some more airport photos. I can't believe how frumpy she looks.

by Anonymousreply 7811/24/2011

r78, that is her standard style of attire.

by Anonymousreply 7911/24/2011

So no pictures of her dad online? I'd love to see any pictures of her immediate family.

by Anonymousreply 8011/24/2011

Do you people believe her brother's claims that she had relationships with guys at some point?

by Anonymousreply 8111/24/2011

She is a beautiful tomboy.

by Anonymousreply 8211/24/2011

I always assumed that she grew into her nose and it naturally became a bit sharper looking with age as the fat disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 8311/24/2011

Jodie's a butch lesbian -- it's just that simple. It's only in the last 15 years or so that being butch became so contemptible.

Butch women can't rock ANY kind of dress. JF should take a page from Rachel's book. Rachel's the hot one, and she never pretends to be anything she's not.

by Anonymousreply 8411/24/2011

Rachel who?

by Anonymousreply 8511/24/2011

And yes, she should have people dress her.

by Anonymousreply 8611/24/2011

I disagree r84. I've seen some very hot pics of Jodie in a dress. But, I think she looks better in black leather.

by Anonymousreply 8711/24/2011

For professional appearances I've read that she gets the entire outfit delivered to her. Dress, shoes, jewlery.

by Anonymousreply 8811/24/2011

The look from the waist down reminds me of Peppermint Patty.

by Anonymousreply 8911/24/2011

R10. I saw a preview last week at the PGA. I thought it fought its way through the prickly forest of stage to screen very well.

by Anonymousreply 9011/24/2011

I've seen it, too, and it's entertaining but suffers from two big casting mistakes-Jodie Foster and Christoph Waltz. They're both badly miscast. Kate Winslet is good and John C. Reilly is excellent.

by Anonymousreply 9111/24/2011

I'm wondering from the people who have worked with her what she is like.

by Anonymousreply 9211/24/2011

Dress is awful but she looks great.

by Anonymousreply 9311/25/2011

"She looks ready to fight" is the DL quote of the year IMO.

by Anonymousreply 9411/25/2011

Re R7: Polanski, who won an academy award for best director a few years back

by Anonymousreply 9511/25/2011

R94, let's vote it for W&W.everyone else please vote, too.

by Anonymousreply 9611/26/2011

In her photos I always notices her eyes first. They are a piercing shade of blue.

by Anonymousreply 9711/26/2011

Most women today speak to much in their upper register....Jodie has the opposit problem.....less basso profundo Jodie

by Anonymousreply 9811/26/2011

Has anyone seen Carnage? It's not released in the UK until next year (Kate Winslet has already promoted it on the Graham Norton Show). It looks very good, but the context whiffs of an Oscar vehicle.

Jodie's dress is terrible. It looks like one of the those dreadful creations from Project Runway. It baffles me why she wears such shit - it doesn't suit her, and she looks terribly awkward.

by Anonymousreply 9911/26/2011

If she'd had a nose job, I think they would have removed that weird crease at the tip. I don't think she had a nose job. Those pictures with a rounder looking nose are from when she was young. Everyone has round noses when they are young.

by Anonymousreply 10011/26/2011

I'm still waiting on Nell 2.

by Anonymousreply 10111/26/2011

Looks great from the neck up. I don't think the dress is as bad as everyone is saying. I've seen her in much worse, that dress is actually okay.

by Anonymousreply 10211/26/2011

me too r102. I'd love to make BONK!!

by Anonymousreply 10311/26/2011

R102, I don't think the dress is bad on its own merits, it just isn't right for her on any level.

She looks very lean and hard, and the dress is so incredibly incongruous it makes her look even more masculine, not in a good way.

But she's gorgeous, and the hair is fine. She just needs different clothes. Something that flatters her, like an old-school tuxedo.

Or if she wants to wear a dress, it should be something that doesn't accentuate her masculine body structure, like a dress that goes all the way to the floor and doesn't reveal so much of her broad, strong shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 10411/26/2011

104 responses in just a few hours. Are we sure John Hinkley wasn't a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 10511/26/2011

I have seen Jodie in person and she is about my height of 4'7".

by Anonymousreply 10611/26/2011

What is it with this dress? I remember a time when Jodie was always dressed by Armani and she never once looked near bad. His clothes worked very will with her angularity.

by Anonymousreply 10711/26/2011

I've seen her in person at an industry event and I wassurprised by how tall she was and how very very pretty she is. True, she was in heels and had make up on, and was very attractively dressed, but she looked beautiful, no joke.

by Anonymousreply 10811/26/2011

No one is saying she's ugly, R108. On the contrary, she has a beautiful face (though, her lips are getting tighter as she ages). We're commenting on her choice of wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 10911/26/2011

John Hinckley, who shot Reagan, seeks more time outside hospital

November 30, 2011 | 10:05 am

A federal hearing began Wednesday morning on whether John Hinckley Jr., who shot and wounded President Reagan in 1981, will be allowed to spend more time outside the mental hospital where he is being held.

The hearing began promptly at 9:30 a.m. before Judge Paul L. Friedman of the District Court for the District of Columbia, said a court spokeswoman in a telephone interview. The proceedings are expected to take days but will end no later than next Friday, she said.

A jury decided that Hinckley was insane when he shot Reagan outside a Washington hotel. Reagan recovered and served two full terms as president before he died in 2004.

Hinckley said he did the shooting to show his feelings for actress Jodie Foster.

Presidential press secretary James Brady was shot and permanently disabled in the shooting and went on to become one of the nation’s leading voices against gun violence. A Secret Service agent and a police officer were also wounded.

Hinckley has been living in St. Elizabeths Hospital, a psychiatric facility operated by the District of Columbia’s Department of Mental Health. The current proceeding, at the request of the hospital, is to ask the judge to allow Hinckley to have extended visits outside the facility with the idea of eventually living near his 85-year-old mother in Williamsburg, Va.

Hinckley already has had several outside visits for as long as 10 days. Friedman, who has approved more visits for Hinckley in the past, is being asked to allow visits of 17 to 24 days.

“There is no evidence of him being dangerous, not a little bit, not marginal evidence,” Hinckley’s attorney Barry Levine said in October. He added government claims to the contrary are “shameful fear-mongering without any factual basis.”

Government lawyers, however, oppose the extension, arguing there are questions about the potential danger from Hinckley.

“The proposal fails to adequately address the risks presented by Hinckley's clinical record, which reveals the persistence of several behaviors that universally have been recognized as risk factors for Hinckley's future violence,” lawyers argued in their court papers. “The hospital's motion should be denied.”

Among those expected to testify are Hinckley’s relatives and doctors.

by Anonymousreply 11011/30/2011

Love you R3

by Anonymousreply 11111/30/2011

Foster's father lives on $677 a month in Social Security and is, apparently a crook.

[italic]According to Cocek, the 89-year-old building contractor bilked each of his clients out of a $5,000 downpayment after he claimed he would build them low-cost modular homes for $85,000. He planned to make the three-bedroom, 2,000-square-foot homes out of metal cargo containers from China.

To add more credibility to his purported scheme, he would name-drop that he was the father of the two-time Oscar winner.

“He wanted to help low-income people who couldn’t ever be able to own a house,” testified alleged victim Karina Kazaryan. “He said he was the father of Jodie Foster and he had a lot of money and he was just doing it to help people.” Foster told The Daily Beast that he receives $677 a month in Social Security benefits and drives around in a 1971 Volkswagen. [/italic]

by Anonymousreply 11212/03/2011

What is "plumping?"

by Anonymousreply 11312/03/2011

I found a pic of her dad but it is a very recent pic.

He is rather old and has a demented look about him. Maybe Jodie Foster can get him placed in assisted living?

I dunno.

by Anonymousreply 11412/03/2011

Why would she do that, R114? He left her mother while Jodie was still in the womb. He never contributed to her welfare or the welfare of her three siblings. Jodie was the breadwinner of the family since she was a toddler.

by Anonymousreply 11512/03/2011

He looks well put together for 89, r114.

by Anonymousreply 11612/03/2011

Who is Jodie Foster?

by Anonymousreply 11712/03/2011

The comments on this thread are shallow and despicable.

by Anonymousreply 11801/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!