Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

UGANDA

This is what the U.S. Republicans endorse, support, and helped create.

Video is very violent and disgusting, SFW only if you are a cop or a hit man.

Please excuse the lame tumblr link, I didn't want to take the time to dl it.

Posted without further comment, because frankly, I'm speechless...

by and crying.reply 7602/14/2014

That is absolutely horrible and disgusting. I wish I could save all the gay people who have to live in that shithole continent.

by and crying.reply 110/01/2011

They're just being good Christians.

by and crying.reply 210/01/2011

r3 sigh, just sigh.

by and crying.reply 410/01/2011

Uganda is Leading Africa's Boom in Christianity

Evangelical Christianity is flourishing in Uganda, leading a boom across Africa that's attracting millions of converts each year and changing the social and political landscape of the world's poorest continent.

Nearly 200 years after the first wave of missionaries arrived in Africa, Christianity is growing faster here than anywhere else in the world.

by and crying.reply 510/01/2011

Shut your self-loathing post-colonial studies hole, r3.

by and crying.reply 610/01/2011

[italic]Last March, three American evangelical Christians, whose teachings about “curing” homosexuals have been widely discredited in the United States, arrived here in Uganda’s capital to give a series of talks.

The theme of the event, according to Stephen Langa, its Ugandan organizer, was “the gay agenda — that whole hidden and dark agenda” — and the threat homosexuals posed to Bible-based values and the traditional African family.

For three days, according to participants and audio recordings, thousands of Ugandans, including police officers, teachers and national politicians, listened raptly to the Americans, who were presented as experts on homosexuality. The visitors discussed how to make gay people straight, how gay men often sodomized teenage boys and how “the gay movement is an evil institution” whose goal is “to defeat the marriage-based society and replace it with a culture of sexual promiscuity.”[/italic]

by and crying.reply 710/01/2011

The anti-gay movement in Uganda is supported by "The Family", a Republican backed Christian organization in Washington DC. It is the political organization that manage the "National Prayer Breakfast".

by and crying.reply 810/01/2011

I always thought people set on fire screamed piercingly.

by and crying.reply 910/01/2011

Thanks for letting me know what happened R9. I got as far as seeing some poor guy on the road bleeding and turned it off. Did he die?

by and crying.reply 1010/01/2011

World Vision Ministries has be the driving force behind the Evangelicalization of Africa.

"World Vision is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God"

by and crying.reply 1110/01/2011

Africa is a fucking shithole. No, I'm not racist either before some PC queen starts screaming F&F at me. I have a relative who was transferred to Angola. He was supposed to stay a year but he demanded to be transferred back after 4 months. He said it was awful. Corrupt government workers who confiscated his passport and luggage until he bribed them with American dollars. Flies everywhere, one bit him on the cheek and he ended up with a staph infection in his cheek. Local doctors couldn't help so his company had to fly him to Johannesburg for treatment. The locals his company had to employ were incredibly backwards and would steal anything they could get their hands on. They were constantly having to order new office equipment because it would disappear. Piles of shit, human and animal, in the streets. He had nothing good to say about the place.

by and crying.reply 1210/01/2011

Time to pull the plug on these hatemongering "churches" tax-exemption. Then watch them and their insidious fuckery dry up and crumble and blow away in the wind.

Follow the money.

by and crying.reply 1310/01/2011

If Africa banned ALL religious charities it would be much better off. Nobody wants Jesus freaks preaching to them in exchange for fresh water and grain.

by and crying.reply 1410/01/2011

I love the South Park episode where Starvin' Marvin goes up in space followed by a 700 Club cruiser. They make fun of the missionaries in Africa.

by and crying.reply 1510/01/2011

The Family includes key Democrats, too.

by and crying.reply 1610/01/2011

Let's not forget Obama's bff.

Pastor Rick Warren.

by and crying.reply 1710/01/2011

And the anti-Obama trolls roll in right on time.

by and crying.reply 1810/01/2011

How is it trolling, if Obama is a good friend of Rick Warren and Rick Warren has been very supportive of the anti-gay movement in Uganda?

Not a troll.

Just stating the facts, ma'am.

[quote]: I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian — for me — for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix. But –

[quote]Because historically — because historically, we have not defined marriage in our constitution. It’s been a matter of state law. That has been our tradition. I mean, let’s break it down. The reason that people think there needs to be a constitutional amendment, some people believe, is because of the concern that — about same-sex marriage. I am not somebody who promotes same-sex marriage, but I do believe in civil unions. I do believe that we should not — that for gay partners to want to visit each other in the hospital for the state to say, you know what, that’s all right, I don’t think in any way inhibits my core beliefs about what marriage are. I think my faith is strong enough and my marriage is strong enough that I can afford those civil rights to others, even if I have a different perspective or different view.

by and crying.reply 1910/01/2011

Uganda go back now!

by and crying.reply 2010/01/2011

"decades white gay men traveling to second and third world countries taking advantage of poverty to secure cheap available underage boyish ass"

Never happened.

The current dictator of Uganda has killed more people than Pol Pot, making him the worst mass murderer since Mao died and twenty times the body count of Idi Amin. We're talking 10 million or more, once we factor in all the wars and genocides he's fostered across the continent.

by and crying.reply 2110/01/2011

What is the American LGBT community doing to help homosexuals in Africa?

by and crying.reply 2210/01/2011

[quote]Never happened.

Not a very convincing argument there.

by and crying.reply 2310/01/2011

Spending money in South Africa, some of them.

by and crying.reply 2410/01/2011

R23 can't point to a single instance of its happening. It is all antigay propaganda spread by agents of President Museveni and his ilk.

by and crying.reply 2510/01/2011

Hasa diga eebowai

by and crying.reply 2610/01/2011

Why doesn't Anderson Cooper have coverage of these type of atrocities on his show?

by and crying.reply 2710/01/2011

[quote]The Family includes key Democrats, too.

Including Hillary Rodham Clinton!

by and crying.reply 2810/01/2011

[quote]Spending money in South Africa, some of them.

I really hope that was ironic.

by and crying.reply 2910/01/2011

Peter Tatchell tried to arrest him.

by and crying.reply 3010/01/2011

That video was horrible.

by and crying.reply 3110/01/2011

Wasn't that Mugabe, r30?

by and crying.reply 3210/01/2011

[quote]What is the American LGBT community doing to help homosexuals in Africa?

Maybe we could do a bunch of YouTube videos telling them how fabulous our lives became once we got to art school?

by and crying.reply 3310/01/2011

Doug and David Coe and their scum group might as well have lit the matches.

by and crying.reply 3410/01/2011

I’ve seen pictures of young men in the Red Guard of China. They would bring in this young man’s mother and father, lay her on the table with a basket on the end, he would take an axe and cut her head off. They have to put the purposes of the Red Guard ahead of the mother-father-brother-sister -- their own life! That was a covenant. A pledge. That was what Jesus said.

by and crying.reply 3510/01/2011

This is totally disgusting horrible and revolting and so sad just sad that as humans we can do this so fucking sad

by and crying.reply 3610/01/2011

[quote]This is totally disgusting horrible and revolting and so sad just sad that as humans we can do this so fucking sad

We refer to stuff like this as inhumane, ironically.

by and crying.reply 3710/01/2011

Blood on gop's hands, and all those idiots -- some of your families included -- who vote for them.

by and crying.reply 3810/01/2011

This is why I have little patience for all the pleas for help for Africa. We are crazy to think we can make any difference there. The black African governments are as corrupt, repressive and exploitive of their own people as any colonial power ever was. Mugabe being the best example. Yet no one stands up to him.

The South African government, while perhaps the most accessible on the surface, is little in better in action. International aid is stolen, wasted and used to profit the corrupt business and government elite.

It's a sad, shocking and pathetic story. That a man could be burnt to death, literally turned into a human pyre on a city street without any kind of intervention tells you all you need to know about the state of much of Africa. So much of it's extraordinary natural wealth and beauty stolen and spoiled by repression, radicalism and greed. Yes, the colonials stepped up first, but now it is continued in ways many times worse by the ruling Africans who stepped into their shoes and onto the necks of their own people.

No wonder evangelicals can't get there fast enough.

by and crying.reply 3910/01/2011

R33, you're a cunt. Combined with your other offerings on the thread, you're the one who comes across being self-loathing. Quit smugly hiding up your own ass and spitting your venomous shit in every direction.

The only way to have an effect is to work to undermine the groups supporting repressive, anti-gay groups and regimes anywhere, including Africa, and to work directly against the offending groups in the countries at issue. I've been doing this. Big deal, yeah. But it's what I can do. My representatives in Congress, religious and political groups in America and Africa, specific leaders, people in the news - I don't know what else to do except speak my mind on these terrible injustices and seek justice through that kind of action. Gay people have to seek their own safety, ultimately, daily. But at least we can keep attention on the true effect of right-wing and Christian actions on gay people - many of their supporters would be horrified to realize what is happening.

by and crying.reply 4010/01/2011

It's trolling, r19, because the vast majority of these homophobic religious freaks are right-wing and you know it. Trying to make it about BO is extremely disingenuous, to say the least. Who has even heard anything about Rick warren lately? BO seems to have disassociated from him. And your quotes, while not pro-gay, aren't exactly inflammatory.

Oh and you're a gigantic, used douchebag.

by and crying.reply 4110/01/2011

[quote]Oh and you're a gigantic, used douchebag.

Yes, of course I am.

The fact is Barack Obama chose, for cynical political reasons, to publicly align himself with a man who actively advocates against gay civil/human rights and refused to denounce a law requiring the death penalty for homosexuals in Uganda until he was pressured into it. Obama blatantly chose to ignore the outcry from us and the those who support us. He made a choice. I choose to remember that choice in my evaluation of Mr. Obama.

I find it hard to believe that you cannot make the connection between the right wing evangelism in Africa of Rick Warren and others like him , the casual complacency of President Obama and the events that occurred in the video posted earlier.

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

-George Santanaya

by and crying.reply 4310/01/2011

R43 is part of the brigade that insists on making all DL threads, no matter the subject, about how terrible Obama is. Never mind that there are ten other threads on the first page all doing the same thing...

Don't worry, R43, on DL we're in no danger of not remembering how terrible Obama is.

Sheesh. I hope you enjoy the Republican president in 2012.

by and crying.reply 4410/02/2011

show the footage of the Iranians killing the alleged homosexuals.

This is what the Democrats support.

by and crying.reply 4510/02/2011

Uganda's dictator and his wife were big friends with the Clintons, but under Obama she has tried to curb some of their excesses, sort of. Just as she "stood up" for Saudi women being able to drive. Not real reform, but better than nothing, and much better than the wholehearted prostitution she and her husband engaged in before.

Uganda got in bed with the right by bribing Congressmen.

by and crying.reply 4610/02/2011

Seriously seeing that man die.I have never seen something so horrible and thinking no one will save him. Truly hideous and though I have never been outspoken about gay rights it makes me want to yell how dare they how fucking dare they do that to another human being. Germany in 1933 comes back again and again. All homosexuals in the country should be put under UN protection or allowed to leave as refugees. I would say change the country but the video says to me that has past,get everyone who needs to get out out.

by and crying.reply 4710/02/2011

Sometimes I think if it wasn't for family or friends,gays and lesbians should make their own country and not live fear.A homeland for us.That man's death should never have occurred fucking makes me want to stand up and yell"Down with the tyrants"

by and crying.reply 4810/02/2011

[quote]This is why I have little patience for all the pleas for help for Africa. We are crazy to think we can make any difference there. The black African governments are as corrupt, repressive and exploitive of their own people as any colonial power ever was.

Piss off r39. Uganda, one of 54 countries in Africa (and one of the smaller ones to boot) is suddenly representative of the whole continent? If I was as dumb as you I'd paint North America with the same brush because you have your own atrocities to worry about; I've been watching some truly horrific scenes on Al Jazz with the drug murders and decapitations in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico and El Paso, Texas, now THAT is anarchy and a reign of terror, so don't act like it's all peaceful over there. Yet I understand that not all of America is like that.

But that video is truly disgusting and I'm just glad I live in a country where that wouldn't happen. Look, many Africans, like some Americans, are religious and conservative, but African traditions, while not in favour of homosexuality, wasnt as obsessed with it as Christianity and Islam (two foreign faiths, by the way) and the Colonial British who instituted the sodomy laws which remain in place to this day, right down to the length of sentences. But these laws are rarely enforced in many countries, Uganda and Zimbabwe are just 2 of 50 odd nations.

by and crying.reply 4910/02/2011

r33 is a closet-defender.

by and crying.reply 5010/02/2011

Remove the tax-exemption from any "church" that promotes hate AND cancel ALL foreign aid to any country that permits this NOW.

by and crying.reply 5110/02/2011

Where is the proof that this man was gay? Because it says so on a tumblr blog?

by and crying.reply 5210/02/2011

[quote]Where is the proof that this man was gay? Because it says so on a tumblr blog?

As if it matters?

by and crying.reply 5310/02/2011

right, r53. What is WRONG with you r52?!

by and crying.reply 5410/02/2011

Yeah, it does matter since that was the whole premise of this thread. There are lots of videos like this on the net where you can see all sorts of people murdered on camera for "witchcraft", rape, robbery, etc. See horrifying video attached.

I can't find any more information about the video posted other than the few blogs it's appeared on. One of the posters said this man was murdered for robbery not for being homosexual.

I'm postive gay people are murdered all the time in Africa but the video posted has no info.

by and crying.reply 5510/02/2011

The last thing any African country needs is more American Jesus freaks spreading their "word".

Africa needs to take control, from the Jesus freak aid organizations AND from the Chinese user class now flooding the continent.

by and crying.reply 5610/02/2011

[quote]I'm postive gay people are murdered all the time in Africa but the video posted has no info.

Where do you get this information? And "all the time"? So a gay person walking the street in Africa is marked for death?

by and crying.reply 5710/02/2011

The guy at link with Obama is President Ian Khama of Botswana about whom there is rampant gossip (some would say credible rumours) in his country and all over Africa that this never-married (a no-no in Africa) man in his late fifties is gay. Yet he remains very popular and the people of Botswana keep voting him into office. Yet even a whiff of a gay rumour is enough to kill anyone's chances of becoming President in the US.

by and crying.reply 5810/02/2011

Let President Ian Khama of Botswana publicly state that he's gay, r58 - then we'll talk.

by and crying.reply 5910/02/2011

Agree with R55. I've seen so many clips over the years that claim something, but turned out to be untrue. I didn't see any backstory or context to the footage. How do we know what was done to him was because he was gay? How do I do I know they didn't attack him for something like killing? Still, it's disgusting, but context makes a huge difference.

[quote]show the footage of the Iranians killing the alleged homosexuals.

[quote]This is what the Democrats support.

Translation: We should support the GOP so they can import that behavior. Right, asshole?

by and crying.reply 6010/02/2011

What's the diff r59? Has the US ever had a President, or even Senator or Governor, publically state they're gay?

by and crying.reply 6110/02/2011

Omaha Courthouse lynching of 1919.

Seems the US has more in common with Uganda than it'd like to admit.

by and crying.reply 6210/02/2011

It's not an isolated incident.

by and crying.reply 6310/02/2011

Looks like they thought this one was a party.

by and crying.reply 6410/02/2011

I wonder if they'll make a postcard out of it like these Texans did, and caption it

"This is the barbecue we had last night. My picture is to the left with a cross over it. Your son, Joe."

by and crying.reply 6510/02/2011

Republicans.

This is your party at work.

by and crying.reply 6610/02/2011

What a sick sick world we live in

by and crying.reply 6710/02/2011

And ANYONE who voted for the GOP in the past 20 years, has, in a very real way, supported what happened in that link.

by and crying.reply 6810/03/2011

Bump for the 9-5 crowd

by and crying.reply 6910/03/2011

U

by and crying.reply 7010/04/2011

Rachel Maddow was all over this last year. No one noticed.

by and crying.reply 7110/04/2011

Kill the gays bill becomes law -

by and crying.reply 7211/15/2012

Fucking savages.

by and crying.reply 7311/15/2012

The president of Uganda is the biggest mass murderer on earth since Mao died.

by and crying.reply 7411/16/2012

And people say the fight is over. Think globally and it's pretty damned horrific to be a gay man or woman. People think of this being about 'backward' countries, but it isn't so long ago that similar shit used to happen in the US and UK. There are still plenty who would be happy to return to that.

It's only back before 1969 that male homosexuality became legal in the UK, so I guess that means Brits were also 'savages' prior to this.

by and crying.reply 7511/16/2012

Uganda is such a pointless, disgusting and wrecked country, who gives a shit? Filled with uneducated bible bashing freaks. Let's stop all aid and forget them

by and crying.reply 7602/14/2014
Need more help? Click Here.