Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The real, original Cheryl

She was a real poster in the beginning, right? Can anyone who was around then share their memories of her and how she became the biggest legend in DL history? And why she is famous for her pussy stinking?

by Anonymousreply 8105/21/2013

Editor, Editor! Please remove this thread!

by Anonymousreply 109/28/2011

Her pussy still stinks.

by Anonymousreply 209/28/2011

"why she is famous for her pussy stinking?"

If you ever smelled that pussy, you wouldn't be asking.

by Anonymousreply 309/28/2011

Biggest legend?? What about Pills or Mrs Patrick Campbell?

by Anonymousreply 409/28/2011

Way down South in the land of cotton, my pussy stinks and your's is rotten! Look away, look away, look away, Dixie Land!

by Anonymousreply 509/28/2011

I heard she was funny. And she never really used that line "my pussy stinks". It was just some haters who used that line whilst typing in the author slot "cheryl" in attempts to humiliate her. Well it more than succeeded. She was run off dl on her own accord, so great was her embarrassment.

She was all time famous. The only other poster that enjoyed as much fame in recent memory was TTC, but she wasn't as popular as Cheryl.

by Anonymousreply 609/28/2011

But people today don't generally post as those two in threads, r4 - it seems to me that once they left the board, they were left in the past. Whereas you'll still find "Cheryl" posts with regularity up to the present day, long after the real woman has left the scene.

by Anonymousreply 709/28/2011

I may add R4 is absolutely wrong. Cheryl was our biggest star of all time. Cheryl eclipses all other posters.

by Anonymousreply 809/28/2011

Bravo R1

by Anonymousreply 909/28/2011

Thank you, R5, I am weeping with laughter.

by Anonymousreply 1009/28/2011

All I know is that someone named "iola" used to follow her around on every thread, and he posted the exact same thing every time.

"Cheryl's a cunt!" Every single time. Back in those days, the Dataloungers were much more insane. That's part of what attracted me to this site, was how unhinged most of the posters seemed.

It was like the wild, wild west in those days.

by Anonymousreply 1109/28/2011

Cheryl and Dixie could definitely sing harmony, no question.

by Anonymousreply 1209/28/2011

r11 And it's not now?

by Anonymousreply 1309/28/2011

No, R13. If you think it's bad now, you have no idea how crazy it was back then. Flame wars left and right, and the number of people who used to post here was just crazy. You could start a thread on page one, and half and hour later it would be down on page 10 or 20, because posts were so fast and furious. You couldn't keep up with the threads, because there was just SO MUCH to read. And it wasn't mundane shit. It was interesting and funny. Boy, those were the days.

That's the beauty of a free and open forum.

by Anonymousreply 1409/28/2011

R14, so how come all those days were over? What happened?

by Anonymousreply 1509/28/2011

Wasn't there a Peg at one time , too? She was as despised as Cheryl. Or am I just imagining that.

by Anonymousreply 1609/28/2011

I'm surprised at the memories of Cheryl as funny - I thought I had heard that she was always asking the Editor to remove threads speculating about actors she liked being gay?

by Anonymousreply 1709/28/2011

[quote] The only other poster that enjoyed as much fame in recent memory was TTC, but she wasn't as popular as Cheryl.

But HER pussy stinks too

by Anonymousreply 1809/28/2011

Yes, I am still here stinking away. Oh, and I have my period right now too!

by Anonymousreply 1909/28/2011

The original Cheryl was actually a nice person, but left DL. The second Cheryl took over, but was infamous for calling gay celebrities not gay, even though they obviously were.

by Anonymousreply 2009/28/2011

Will you bitches please stop talking about my wife!!

- Meryl

by Anonymousreply 2109/28/2011

"The original Cheryl was actually a nice person, but left DL. The second Cheryl took over, but was infamous for calling gay celebrities not gay, even though they obviously were."

So was this second Cheryl an actual clueless straight woman who just coincidentally had the same name as a former DL poster? Or was the "Cheryl" name an homage to the original Cheryl? Was this second Cheryl in a tongue-in-cheek gay man impersonating a clueless straight woman?

by Anonymousreply 2209/28/2011

She was always a figment of your collective imagination.

by Anonymousreply 2309/28/2011

[quote]You could start a thread on page one, and half and hour later it would be down on page 10 or 20, because posts were so fast and furious. You couldn't keep up with the threads, because there was just SO MUCH to read. And it wasn't mundane shit. It was interesting and funny. Boy, those were the days.

[quote]so how come all those days were over? What happened?

PrimeTime and paid registration to start threads is responsible for at least 90% of the decline of DL.

The rest was due to trolls, anti-named poster freaks, and people who'd harass insiders and call them liars.

by Anonymousreply 2409/28/2011

Yes, Datalounge was so much better back in 2001 when 1 in every 5 posts was from either the Fart Troll, the Scat Troll ,or the Slap Troll.

How right you all are to complain.

by Anonymousreply 2509/28/2011

What R24 said.

by Anonymousreply 2609/28/2011

I loved the 17th Cheryl but but the 18th and 19th somehow lacked originality. The 19th's pussy stank.

by Anonymousreply 2709/28/2011

Ha, ha, ha, I'll say!

by Anonymousreply 2809/29/2011

We'll never know if the original Cheryl was a real person or just someone doing a bit, but that's DL. If I had to bet, I say she was a real fangirl who stumbled upon us while searching for info on her crushes. The only person I remember her going on about was Lance Bass, but she may have had one or two others whose heterosexuality she defended vehemently.

In the old DL format, with weekly columns and multiple forums, there were links at the bottom of the page to contact either the Editor or the Webmaster. When Cheryl reached the limit of the abuse she could take, she pulled out her threats of contacting "the Editor" to inform him of all the rule-breaking going on.

The parody posts began while she was still here. "Elton John is straight as an arrow!" or "Your subject and verb don't agree! I'm calling the Editor!" would show up with her signature, which pissed her off even more. Over time, the parodies gradually outnumbered the original Cheryl's posts. At the same time, Iola (supposedly David Ehrenstein) would reply to any and all Cheryl posts with "Cheryl is a cunt."

It's hard to pin down when the original Cheryl actually left. I remember an epic thread which initially had one Iola post responding to something she said, then went for pages and pages as seemingly every poster on the board, authenticated and anonymous, chimed in with "Cheryl is a cunt", "Cheryl is a cunt", "Cheryl is a cunt", "Cheryl is a cunt" -- it was like the last scene in [italic]Dangerous Liaisons,[/italic] with the whole board rising in outrage against her. If she wasn't gone by then, that stunt definitely drove her off for good.

The "real" Cheryl was, indeed, a cunt; but I have great affection for the Cheryl we created and share. I love reading a post that calls for some pedantic Cheryl rant, and knowing that whatever I think about writing in response as her will probably already be there. I love all the bits and pieces that different people add; the ones that stick, like her stinky pussy, and the ones that don't, like her boyfriend, Ethan. I loved being cunty with good-hearted newbies who would feel sorry for her and try to defend her, just to see how fast they'd get with the program. She's an amalgam of so many of us who've spent time here, our twisted version of [italic]How to Make an American Quilt.[/italic] She's all of you strangers I'll never meet, but kind of love. I think she's tremendous.

Now, watch your step going forward, or the Editor will close this thread as fast as lightning! Fair warning.

by Anonymousreply 2909/29/2011

You know some nights on here, after a few glasses of wine , my eyes getting drowsy from too much reading, when its a few hours past my bedtime, and if the wind is just right, I swear, I can still my Cheryl's pussy

by Anonymousreply 3009/29/2011

Didn't she die of eating an unwashed grape?

by Anonymousreply 3109/29/2011

I saved a picture once posted by Cheryl many years ago , which she claimed was her. I have kept it , saved it from numerous hardrives, to laptops, transferring and keeping a copy like it was a Holy Relic. For this, I truly believe is the Face of The One True Cheryl.

by Anonymousreply 3309/29/2011

i heard she died from eating an unwashed crotch.

by Anonymousreply 3409/29/2011

DL manifests Cheryl to try to overcome the limitations of Cheryl.

by Anonymousreply 3509/29/2011

So who was Peg?

by Anonymousreply 3609/29/2011

[quote]PrimeTime and paid registration to start threads is responsible for at least 90% of the decline of DL.

[quote]The rest was due to trolls, anti-named poster freaks, and people who'd harass insiders and call them liars.

Truth is the site became a moderating nightmare because for some reason all of the thick skins turned into thin skins. All of the no holes barred humour started pissing off some of our more delicate and vocal peers.

Also, I will assume that they probably thought that because of all of the posters, money could be made.

by Anonymousreply 3709/29/2011

Cheryl lives on in The Urban Dictionary! I clipped this directly from the website.

Vagina-Vaginat2 up, 1 down Yielding an odor of unwashed, musty, damp vagina so pungent and odoriferous that it smells as if it is in fact two unwashed, musty and damp vaginas. The smell may also be referred to as morally offensive. "It smells like vagina-vagina in here!" Steven exclaimed upon entrance into the women's locker room.

Cheryl smelled like vagina-vagina when she got to work today, so her supervisor sent her home to shower, change, and put on fresh underwear.

by Anonymousreply 3809/29/2011

[quote] So who was Peg?

Peg was an obnoxious lesbian from Washington state who spouted real life Republican memes. She was dead serious in her replies, but I think the pressure got to her when people started attacking her. There actually used to be a time when right wingers werein the minority here.

[quote] Yes, Datalounge was so much better back in 2001 when 1 in every 5 posts was from either the Fart Troll, the Scat Troll ,or the Slap Troll.

R25 = one of the thin skinned posters who caused Primetime

[quote] The rest was due to trolls, anti-named poster freaks, and people who'd harass insiders and call them liars.

The racism and crudeness of the freaks and trolls was INsane. I had never seen such things spoken about, before I came to this site. The moderator tried to catch everything, but there were so many threads and so many posters, that inevitably, some of the bad stuff would slip through.

by Anonymousreply 3909/29/2011

R33, that can't possibly be Cheryl. Just by looking at her, I can tell that her pussy smells like roses and almonds.

by Anonymousreply 4009/29/2011

Can someone give info on the Fart Troll, Scat Troll, and Slap Troll?

by Anonymousreply 4109/29/2011

[quote[her pussy smells like roses and almonds.

more like Axel Rose and the Almond Brothers.

by Anonymousreply 4209/29/2011

There was no "original Cheryl that was a nice person". She was a homophobic fangurl.

Someone asked a similar question that the OP asked sometime back. The webmaster actually logged in to say that, yes there was a real Cheryl that used to post here, but he never did anything about the "Cheryl is a cunt" posts because he too thought she was a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4309/29/2011

I agree with Cheryl's pussy smelling like almonds because there is most likely some cyanide in there.

by Anonymousreply 4409/29/2011

I thought Cheryl was a webmaster of a soap site that over flowed to here

by Anonymousreply 4509/29/2011

[quote] The moderator tried to catch everything, but there were so many threads and so many posters, that inevitably, some of the bad stuff would slip through.

That's how the "red tags" came about. Frequent offenders would be tagged with monikers such as "troll who talks to itself." I loved those red tags, because the WM really nailed down the personalities of those beasts.

I actually think that red-tagging was more effective than banning, because those trolls wore their red tags like a Scarlet Letter.

[quote] Can someone give info on the Fart Troll, Scat Troll, and Slap Troll?

I don't have specifics on a "fart troll," but the scat troll would naturally talk about shit-ty subjects, or post offensive pictures of tubgirl and goatse.

The slap troll was a very eccentric queen who got off on slapping and being slapped. He's the one who coined the phrase "give him a vicious face slapping!"

He would also tell stories (not sure whether they were true or not) about walking down the street and being viciously slapped by random strangers, or about when he himself hauled off vicious slaps against strangers. He was very odd, but entertaining.

The fact that ANYONE could create threads, really brought out the strange and unusual in our community. It was glorious!

by Anonymousreply 4609/29/2011

[quote]The racism and crudeness of the freaks and trolls was INsane.

Awww. R39 = thin skinned!

by Anonymousreply 4709/29/2011

Shouldn't all this be added to the wiki page?

by Anonymousreply 4809/29/2011

I thought peg was gay guy and "peg" was an acronym for something?

by Anonymousreply 4909/29/2011

R46: And didn't the Slap Troll usually have a line something like this:

"I walked into a situation that resulted in me getting my face slapped *hard*."

The phrasing never failed to crack me up.

by Anonymousreply 5009/29/2011

R46:

I think the red tagging was a good idea also.

There has to be some editorial control or these web forums get crazy, they sort of slide downwards to the lowest common denominator -- people say crazy shit to get attention.

A free-for-all forum is similar to a political group that tries to make decisions through consensus, the people who are the most adamant and have the most stamina win in spite of what they may be saying.

On the other hand, you don't want it to become the moderator's forum, a reflection of her opinions, (For some reason I think the current moderator is a woman) shaped by her comments and her banning, where posters tailor observations so they pass her scrutiny.

Tough balance and it is done well here.

by Anonymousreply 5109/29/2011

[quote] I thought peg was gay guy and "peg" was an acronym for something?

No, peg was definitely a woman with a lesbian partner, and she worked in some sort of plant nursery in the Northwest.

I always took note of her posts, because they were so totally the opposite of what everybody else here was thinking. She also revealed quite a bit about herself, surprisingly.

She was also how I learned the term "freeper," because everyone was calling her one.

by Anonymousreply 5209/29/2011

Yes, OP, there is a Cheryl. She exists as certainly as almiquis and Nasty Pig clerks and Helen Lawson exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Cheryl! It would be as dreary as if there were no Bengali in Platforms. There would be no faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which the gay fills the world would be extinguished.

Not believe in Cheryl! You might as well not believe in fairies. You might get your Blatino husbear to hire men to watch in all the threads on DL to catch Cheryl, but even if you did not see Cheryl's posts, what would that prove? Nobody sees Cheryl, but that is no sign that there is no Cheryl. The most real things in the world are those that neither gays nor straight men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Maybe not, maybe you don't even have a lawn, but that’s no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

No Cheryl! Thank God! she lives and lives forever. A thousand years from now, OP, nay 10 times 10,000 years from now, she will continue to make glad the heart of gays.

by Anonymousreply 5309/29/2011

R53's pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 5409/29/2011

I wish we'd see more of that Long Island Danny guy from the drunk-driving mom threads. Loved him.

by Anonymousreply 5509/29/2011

Mrs Slocombe was another funny loom.

by Anonymousreply 5609/29/2011

"No, peg was definitely a woman with a lesbian partner, and she worked in some sort of plant nursery in the Northwest."

Nah, that was made up. I know because I made it up. Longtime poster here and I've confessed more recently in other threads to having concocted the "peg is a lesbian from the PNW" tale. Pure fiction.

The original "peg" was an avid poster of GOP propaganda, but who he or she really was is lost to DL history.

by Anonymousreply 5709/29/2011

The original peg was rumored to be Patrick Guerriero, onetime president of the Log Cabin Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 5809/29/2011

I've only been here since 1999 and don't recall Cheryl ever really existing. Her name was always tied to some thread she was unhappy with. She had phrases that became synonymous with her name, Cheryl. Obviously there was an original, but it was never authenticated in my memory. Everyone would post a "cheryl comment" when it seemed appropriate. I don't think there was a Julie either. But Cheryl's girl friend was named Julie. Cheryl and Julie comments were much more funny many years ago, although it might be my memory playing tricks on me.

by Anonymousreply 5909/29/2011

Can't stop laffing at r5.

by Anonymousreply 6009/29/2011

Hey everybody!

Guess who R6 is!

by Anonymousreply 6109/29/2011

Did Cheryl participate in soap threads, or did she try to get the Editor to delete them?

by Anonymousreply 6209/29/2011

Cheryl is my heroine. I aspire to be as perfect as she.

x

(typed from my bed)

by Anonymousreply 6309/29/2011

Haven't been able to type this in quite a while:

"Is this peg-thing for real??"

by Anonymousreply 6409/29/2011

[quote]No holes barred.

Oh, dear...

by Anonymousreply 6509/29/2011

Could Peg have been Peggy Kessler, only she lied about the location of her nursery?

by Anonymousreply 6609/29/2011

Is that perfume you're wearing an homage to Cheryl, r63?

by Anonymousreply 6709/29/2011

Back in the day the Wendy and Iola fights were legendary!

by Anonymousreply 6805/20/2013

WEHT peg?

by Anonymousreply 6905/20/2013

Cheryl, Kirker, Judy Pills, drinkypoo...those were the days

by Anonymousreply 7005/20/2013

Cheryl was like the most popular poster on the DL, but this was in the beginning of when the forum started. She tended to be clueless of which celebrity was gay.

by Anonymousreply 7105/20/2013

Yeah, ok R71. So I was wrong about Clay Aiken.

by Anonymousreply 7205/20/2013

Did Judy Pills croak?

Or is she just pickled somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 7305/20/2013

Is the Temple Grandin troll still around??? One of my faves! Funny and oh so sneaky!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7405/20/2013

[quote]There was no "original Cheryl that was a nice person". She was a homophobic fangurl.

There was a Cheryl in the SeanPatrickLive forums back in the 90s who always insisted guys like Neil Patrick Harris, John Travolta, etc. were straight. When SPL shut down, we figured the Cheryl who showed up here was that one.

by Anonymousreply 7505/20/2013

There seems to be no consensus on Cheryl. At all. There were two Cheryl's. Cheryl was nice. Cheryl was a doubt.

by Anonymousreply 7605/20/2013

[quote]Did Judy Pills croak? Or is she just pickled somewhere?

she's still carrousing around the alleys of center city philly.

by Anonymousreply 7705/20/2013

Well, I have certainly learned a lot tonight.

by Anonymousreply 7805/20/2013

[quote] she's still carrousing around the alleys of center city philly

Others have said she died a few years ago....

by Anonymousreply 7905/20/2013

My name is Cheryl and I believe I am your daughter.

by Anonymousreply 8005/21/2013

I read this whole thread and I guess you had to be there.

Cheryl posts are boring and predictable. I guess that is the point and the great mystery solved. Her very name seems to evoke soft chuckles and the warmth of a summer's eve.

She is a DL myth, mascot and meme, apparently for no good reason at all. Old timers remember her fondly, like Lucy and the Golden Girls and Gene Kelly's ass.

It really is very beautiful and of course hilarious to hear about. So glad I finally understand the history of the famous Cheryl. (How long before the summer's eve douche "joke" is posted - do I have time to take a wizz?)

by Anonymousreply 8105/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.