Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BIZARRE! Another gay couple who look exactly alike. There are way too many gay couples who look exactly alike for it

to be a coincident. And yes, I know hetero couples start to look alike after decades together, but that's only after decades together, not from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 6211/12/2013

sorry, coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 109/28/2011

Coinkydink?

by Anonymousreply 209/28/2011

Well don't they say heterosexuals are subconsciously drawn to partners with features like their (opposite sex) parent?

So if gays are the same way, they're drawn to their same sex parent, who looks like guess who.

Boring mystery solved.

Or they're narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 309/28/2011

Drawn to their same sex parent?? No, that is not true at all.

Gays are not drawn to their same sex parent! That is not found in any studies or literature on the topic. You are giving inaccurate information - gays are not drawn to their same sex parent!

by Anonymousreply 409/28/2011

It's not a coincidence. Some narcissists are drawn to each other precisely because they want a partner who resembles them. And if a potential partner is significantly different (but they have the right job, bank account, car, etc.), the more dominant of the two will attempt to make the other person over until the transformation is complete. Or maybe these people subconsciously desire sexual relationships with their siblings and they decide to choose the less controversial route.

Whatever the reason, it's creepy and not healthy.

by Anonymousreply 509/28/2011

And NO, heterosexuals are NOT subconsciously drawn to partners with features like their (opposite sex) parent. You are way off base, R3.

by Anonymousreply 609/28/2011

I'd say it's that they are narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 709/28/2011

People who use the word "creepy" for anything that's not in line with their narrow sexual tastes should be shot.

by Anonymousreply 809/28/2011

I did not use the word 'creepy', but, I too, think it's a bit creepy.

by Anonymousreply 909/28/2011

I'm with R7. Isn't gayness narcissistic.

by Anonymousreply 1009/28/2011

Damn Mackenzie / R4, feel strongly about the matter?

I wasn't saying we have a conscious incestuous urge, and I wasn't implying gays are deviant, if that's what you're reacting so strongly to. I was just suggesting if the unconscious attraction to features like your parents exists for hets, why wouldn't it for us? Nothing sick about it. Of course you have to buy the premise that the studies suggesting this for heterosexual are correct.

[quote]Women are attracted to men who look like their fathers and men are attracted to women who resemble their mothers, a new study shows. Scientists say the findings suggest that children use their opposite sex parent as a template for finding a suitable spouse or partner.

by Anonymousreply 1109/28/2011

I think the one on the left looks like Michele Bachmann, FWIW.

by Anonymousreply 1209/28/2011

I bet the Town Clerk did not want to part with her Red Dragon Cheese!

by Anonymousreply 1309/28/2011

I find r8 creepy.

by Anonymousreply 1409/28/2011

I don't think they look much alike.

by Anonymousreply 1509/28/2011

R11, STOP.

You keep saying the following and it is NOT accurate:

unconscious attraction to features like your parents exists for hets

Stop with that idea - it is not true.

by Anonymousreply 1609/28/2011

R15, you always pop up in these thread and say they don't look alike.

You are mentally retarded and completely lack cognitive skills and discernment.

They look exactly alike.

by Anonymousreply 1709/28/2011

I don't always see it, but these two look like sisters, I hate to say it.

by Anonymousreply 1809/28/2011

There have been several studies supporting exactly that R17. You're entitled to your opinion and certainly it makes sense to question any study, but care to explain why you think they're inaccurate?

by Anonymousreply 1909/28/2011

They even dress the same!

by Anonymousreply 2009/28/2011

Their facial features are exactly alike.

by Anonymousreply 2209/28/2011

R22, you are a blind retard.

Their eye color, nose point, cheekbones, chin bones, complexion, and facial length are different.

The woman on the left seems to be of primarily Scandinavian/German descent. The woman on the left seems Jewish, eastern European, and possibly part Italian.

by Anonymousreply 2309/28/2011

You're focussing on the thin lips and man hands. Stop it.

by Anonymousreply 2409/28/2011

No, R23, your discernment and cognitive skills are very limited. They look exactly alike.

by Anonymousreply 2509/28/2011

Sorry, I meant that the woman on the right seems Jewish/Italian.

R25, you are getting hung up on the similarity of dress, hair and makeup. Take that away, and you have two different women. Are you non-white perhaps? I know a lot of white people think all Asians look the same, and all Blacks look the same.

by Anonymousreply 2609/28/2011

They look alike to me but what do I know. Everybody said my ex and I looked EXACTLY (emphasis theirs) alike even though she was very butch and I'm tres femme. Twice people stopped us on the street to ask if we were twins. WTF? It used to annoy the crap out of both of us but it did come in handy one day when she was rushed to the ER with a stroke and they wouldn't let me in. I just told them she was my sister and no problemo.

by Anonymousreply 2709/28/2011

R26, no, I am not 'hung up' on anything. Their facial features look exactly alike.

by Anonymousreply 2809/28/2011

They look the same.

by Anonymousreply 2909/29/2011

R16 Whoa, I'm sure you hate your parents for a good reasons bun IN GENERAL - USUALLY - people are influenced by their parents when looking for companions. We are complex, social animals. How could we not be? It has been shown in many studies. It's not just about features btw, but also smell and personality.

by Anonymousreply 3009/29/2011

They are both smiling white ladies but only Mr Magoo would confuse the two.

by Anonymousreply 3109/29/2011

R30, I do not agree. But keep on believing whatever trite supposed psychological syndrom you wish.

by Anonymousreply 3209/29/2011

You're not really supposed to reject facts for being "trite" in science and normal human development is not a syndrom.

Anyway those two look tacky with their partner look.

by Anonymousreply 3309/29/2011

[quote]unconscious attraction to features like your parents exists for hets

They even have a term for it. The Oedipus Complex for guys who lust after their mom, and it's early so I may be mistaken but it's the Electra Complex for girls who want to find a guy just like their dad.

by Anonymousreply 3409/29/2011

Freudian theory (Oedipus complex) has often been discounted and is rarely followed these days.

I don't buy that one seeks partners who look like a parent. One seeks what people they happen to serendipitiously meet in everyday life, and they are lucky to meet anyone.

by Anonymousreply 3509/29/2011

OP, ever notice how hetersexual couples are a man and woman and gay couple the same sex?

Yeah people who live together often resemble each others- duh.

So what?

by Anonymousreply 3609/29/2011

I am drawn to partners who look interested...or breathing.

by Anonymousreply 3709/29/2011

Chely Wright, the gay country music singer, just recently married a woman who looks exactly like herself.

Having someone who looks exactly like you do must bring some elements of psychological security and facilitates falling in love.

by Anonymousreply 3809/29/2011

Go away, charlie who is R36, you are not smart enough to handle concepts nor smart enough to make a coherent, analytical comment.

by Anonymousreply 3909/29/2011

Whatever you say R39- good of you to point out the R39 and charlie are one in the same- your so smart!

by Anonymousreply 4009/29/2011

Not bizarre. More common than you think.

Look at this picture of Peter Skaarsgard and Maggie Gyllenhall. They got married and look like brother and sister.

Note that the link is an article reviewing findyourfacemate.com, a website devoted to helping people find someone who looks like them.

by Anonymousreply 4109/29/2011

Except in this case, R35, modern day psychological studies have proved Freud right again and again and the fact that relationships are heavily influenced by the parents can not seriously be disputed by anyone.

by Anonymousreply 4209/29/2011

I wonder if they forget whose legs belong to who when they're scissoring.

by Anonymousreply 4309/29/2011

Saarsgard and Gyllanhaal look nothing alike except for the double a's in their name. And Maggie's another one up for the worst nosejob in history award.

by Anonymousreply 4511/10/2013

Studies have shown most people are drawn to people that look like them-- not necessarily their parents, but facial features similar to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 4611/11/2013

Wow, your criteria for people looking "exactly alike" seems to be "people who are the same race and have sort of the same haircut"

by Anonymousreply 4711/11/2013

I am a gay man and my type is the physical opposite of me. Whereas I'm smooth, have blue eyes and from UK descent and I go for brown-eyed, hairy guys with rounder features. I have a passing theory that gay men are consistently drawn to either look-alikes or their opposites, depending on the individual. I could be way off, but I've seen it among my circle of friends. And a lot of the hairy darker guys I date are predominantly into people who share my physical traits.

by Anonymousreply 4811/11/2013

They don't look exactly alike.

by Anonymousreply 4911/11/2013

OP, they do look alike. Yikes

by Anonymousreply 5011/11/2013

They really would not Look the same, however, they have done everything fashion will allow to look the same.

by Anonymousreply 5111/11/2013

Similar hair color, hairstyle and atrocious fashion but they don't look alike at all.

by Anonymousreply 5211/11/2013

I would love to find a partner who looks like me, I'm awesome.

by Anonymousreply 5311/11/2013

but which one's the man?

by Anonymousreply 5411/11/2013

I love myself and how I look. But of course I'm attracted to people with features different than mine! (Not necessarily opposite) Something new and exciting. I'm just not intrested in qualities I have and know so well. So I just don't get this phenomenon but apparently many people want it that way..

by Anonymousreply 5511/11/2013

describe yourself, r53. We will decide.

by Anonymousreply 5611/11/2013

I thought all lesbians looked alike?

by Anonymousreply 5711/11/2013

The same has been said for decaades about owners and their pets doo.

by Anonymousreply 5811/11/2013

Ahem.

by Anonymousreply 5911/11/2013

I hate couples who look alike, whether they're straight or gay. It's a pet peeve. How fucking narcissistic and obnoxious can someone be? Conversely, I love seeing couples who don't have the same physical features.

by Anonymousreply 6011/11/2013

can someone please RUSH some sunscreen to Meredith Birney and her soon to be wife? There is NO reason for people in 2013 to be soooo freaking wrinkley and shriveled up.

by Anonymousreply 6111/11/2013

Oh my eyes! Ugh. But that age, damage is already done and sunscreen can't do much for them other than to prevent further damage.

by Anonymousreply 6211/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.