Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The trial of Conrad Murray.

I guess no one will be watching, since most of DL hates Michael Jackson.

I'm thinking the good Dr will go free, but hopefully he will lose his license to practice medicine.

by Tito Jacksonreply 5505/05/2013

I don't hate Michael.

by Tito Jacksonreply 109/26/2011

I'm interested in the case, but not interested enough to watch a long, dull, trial.

by Tito Jacksonreply 209/26/2011

The slurring and high Michael ranting about building MJ's Children's Hospital was worth watching this morning. Hahaha. That was priceless.

by Tito Jacksonreply 309/27/2011

MJ's corpse shown in prosecution video:

by Tito Jacksonreply 409/27/2011

I'm watching it live in the UK right now. Bloody hell, Murray isn't much bothered now is he? Just sitting there doodling on his notepad. I'm no MJ fan but hate the fact that Murray was paid $150k per month to live in and look after Michael, yet somehow acquired 30 vials of general anaesthesia and administer it nightly as a sedative? How the Hell can that be allowed to happen? Over here it's use is stricly controlled and only with a resus team and round the clock obs for the very signs that caused Michaels death *shakes head* ... I hope they throw the book at this snake.

by Tito Jacksonreply 509/27/2011

[quote]How the Hell can that be allowed to happen?

Every component of American health care is sold to the highest bidder.

by Tito Jacksonreply 609/27/2011

I am very much anti kiddie fucker!

But, were it not this doctor it would have been another one.

by Tito Jacksonreply 709/27/2011

The prosecutor dude was very nervous but finally settled in,

The defense dude looks like Jon Hamm and is effective but doesn't have much to go on.

by Tito Jacksonreply 809/27/2011

How many bad, religious-themed pieces of fan "art" will emerge from that corpse picture?

by Tito Jacksonreply 909/27/2011

The appropriate punishment would be to lose his medical license. Perhaps manslaughter. But the one who this really lies with is of course Michael Jackson. All alcoholics and addicts are the only ones responsible for coming clean and/or getting sober. If it was not this guy, it would have been someone else getting him what he wanted.

by Tito Jacksonreply 1009/27/2011

When administered outside of a hospital, Propofol is no longer medicine, it is poison. That guy poisoned Michael Jackson.

by Tito Jacksonreply 1109/27/2011

Michael wouldn't share the money, so his brothers and those Arabs hatched a plan to kill him. The Dr. is being richly compensated beyond his wildest dreams to become the fall guy- even if he has to do 4 years in a country club prison, it's worth it.

by Tito Jacksonreply 1209/27/2011

Janet looks good

by Tito Jacksonreply 1309/27/2011

I honestly don't know if what Conrad Murray did rises to the level of a crime, but he should not be allowed to continue to practice medicine after what he did.

Leaving aside the Propofol, I think I remember reading he'd also given MJ both Xanax and Versed that night. The latter are benzodiazapines, which you're not supposed to mix.

by Tito Jacksonreply 1409/27/2011

That's Randy with Janet in R13's linked photo, right? There was (is?) bad blood between Randy and Jermaine, lots of squabbling for years over what's best for MJ and his cash.

by Tito Jacksonreply 1509/27/2011

Can't Mrs Jackson afford a better wig?

Ugh, Janet's weight is so up and down.

by Tito Jacksonreply 1609/27/2011

"Michael wouldn't share the money, so his brothers and those Arabs hatched a plan to kill him. The Dr. is being richly compensated beyond his wildest dreams to become the fall guy-"

I agreehe's likely to be a fall guy, I think his managers or concert promoters are the real culprits, not his friends and family.

MJ was supposed to be preparing for a major tour, but he was too addicted to function and would probably have bailed and left others holding the bag… so they decided to hire Dr. Murray to “keep him happy” and collect the insurance. Isn’t that a plausible theory? Maybe, if I cared enough to find out who was actually /paying Dr. Murray’s salary.

by Tito Jacksonreply 1709/27/2011

His expression looks to me like someone said, "Say what we tell you or your whole family gets killed".

by Tito Jacksonreply 1809/30/2011

Dr. Murray is a quack from the word go.

by Tito Jacksonreply 1910/03/2011

AEG paid Murray's salary. I happen to agree with some of the Jackson clan's statement that they are complicit in Michael's death.

Round about the time AEG increased the concert dates from 11 to 50, they had no insurance. Later, Lloyd's of London stepped in, but so far they've refused to pay the claim.

by Tito Jacksonreply 2010/03/2011

Will Murray get off like Dr. Nick who supplied Elvis with Rxs? I don't think so.

by Tito Jacksonreply 2110/03/2011

"MJ was supposed to be preparing for a major tour, but he was too addicted to function..."

Did you see the documentary that came out afterwards? (hey I was on an airplane) He looked, or was edited to look, completely functional during rehearsals. It must have taken a certain amount of stamina and mental acuity to do those routines.

Has there been any gossip from the back up dancers or production crew about that?

by Tito Jacksonreply 2210/03/2011

As with all things Jackson since 1991, interest is far greater outside of the US

by Tito Jacksonreply 2310/03/2011

Michael owed a lot of people. A lot of people wanted paid.

by Tito Jacksonreply 2410/03/2011

I'd like to know more about the DA (or deputy DA, I'm not sure) David Walgren. He's kind of a hot guy. When he's on TV I keep trying to see if he wears a wedding ring, but I haven't been able to tell.

by Tito Jacksonreply 2510/04/2011

So all of those 'girlfriends' of Dr. Murray that gave testimony yesterday, are they all strippers? In court they don't say that, but the say they met him in 'social clubs.' Is that another way of saying strip club???

The one that had his baby and said he was living with her seems to want to be a star. The other 3 were far more demure in court and might not like the attention as much.

by Tito Jacksonreply 2610/05/2011

bimbos, Bimbos, BIMBOs!

by Tito Jacksonreply 2710/05/2011

[quote]I guess no one will be watching, since most of DL hates Michael Jackson.

I guess that's the same reason that nobody in the world watched the OJ Simpson trial.

by Tito Jacksonreply 2810/05/2011

I agree... David Walgren is one hot guy. He has a great voice too.

by Tito Jacksonreply 2910/12/2011

Shits gonna go down. Just announced that the jury has reached a verdict. Expected to be announced sometime within the next 2 hours to give the relevant parties time to get to the courthouse.

by Tito Jacksonreply 3011/07/2011

4 pm (Eastern) is the time they expect to announce the verdict.

by Tito Jacksonreply 3111/07/2011

How long did the jury deliberate?

I'm sure they convicted him, but I'm still on the fence about whether the charges they brought were justified.

by Tito Jacksonreply 3211/07/2011

Deliberation was just a little over 10 hours total.

The word is expected any minute now.

by Tito Jacksonreply 3311/07/2011

Guilty!

by Tito Jacksonreply 3411/07/2011

After the jury instructions it was pretty clear he was going to be found guilty. I forget the exact wording, but it pretty much said if you think he anything to do with Michael ever getting propfol than you need to find Murray guilty.

by Tito Jacksonreply 3511/07/2011

Can someone please explain to me why he is considered "one of the greatest of all time" and a "King"?

Especially in the 80s. His music all sounded the same and his videos were pretty lame. I always thought Prince was far more talented and actually played instruments! Even Madonna, who I loathe, had better songs, better videos and knew how to change with the times (back then). Plus you still don't see her doing the same choreography from nearly 30s years ago. The moonwalk was so lame.

I just never got the appeal.

by Tito Jacksonreply 3611/07/2011

R36, I just want you to know that you are not alone. I never understood the MJ appeal.

by Tito Jacksonreply 3711/07/2011

He in danger now, gurl Guilty..involuntary manslaughter

by Tito Jacksonreply 3811/07/2011

I don't get MJ's appeal, and I really hated how he was somehow martyred by overdosing on a drug he had no business taking.

I can see them maybe having a case for criminally negligent homicide, but doesn't manslaughter, involuntary or not have to involve the INTENT to cause harm?

by Tito Jacksonreply 3911/07/2011

And so he is guilty. Right on. Rest In Peace now Michael. I hope Mr Murray meets his worst nightmare in the big house ..

by Tito Jacksonreply 4011/07/2011

R36 And his dancing never evolved at all. I grew up in the 1980's and know that for sure.

Well. Conrad Murray put down a kiddie fucker because he was a greedy and dim doctor. Is that murder? Or is it just being too lazy or stupid to have the proper medical protocol in place?

What is Conrad Murray really guilty of? Sure as shit ain't murder of any sort if you were to ask me.

by Tito Jacksonreply 4111/07/2011

{R39}--"Involuntary" manslaughter can mean a number of things, specifics differing by state. But it generally means you caused or contributed to the death of another, actively (by gathering up evidence the police would need to see before you administered help to the victim(s), or passively (letting a half hour go by before calling 911). I'm sure any inaccurate statement will be corrected by following poster(s). Hope this helps.

by Tito Jacksonreply 4211/07/2011

r41, do you not understand what involuntary manslaughter means?

by Tito Jacksonreply 4311/07/2011

[italic]I don't get MJ's appeal, and I really hated how he was somehow martyred by overdosing on a drug he had no business taking.[/italic]

Huh? A doctor administered what killed him. What don't you understand?

by Tito Jacksonreply 4411/07/2011

R43 I do. I just think that Murray is ultimately guilty of gross criminal negligence and nary a bit more because he hadn't any proper protocol in place when he offed the kiddie fucker accidentally.

No big deal from my end. It is all just stupid. If it was not Murray it would have been someone else who would have been either more or less stupid.

Do you know what kiddie fucking drug addicts are like? They are manipulative fuck jobs.

by Tito Jacksonreply 4511/07/2011

[quote]Huh? A doctor administered what killed him. What don't you understand?

Propofol is never supposed to be administered outside of a hospital. It can cause dangerous drops in blood pressure and can cause a person receiving an infusion to stop breathing. In a hospital, patients are hooked up to monitors for blood pressure and breathing rate.

It's been a while, but I seem to recall that Murray, rather than doing either of those things, just put a pulse-ox monitor on MJ's finger, which measures pulse and how much oxygen is in his blood. That's rather like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted, because slow pulse and low O2 saturation would happen AFTER he'd had a bad reaction to the drugs.

Don't get me wrong: Conrad Murray should never be allowed near a patient again, but I don't think he gave Michael Jackson an infusion (after giving him injections of Ativan and Valium) for the hell of it. He did it because Jackson, or his handlers, or whoever wanted it that way.

by Tito Jacksonreply 4611/07/2011

The is congratulating himself and his staff -- I don't recall such resume readings in the past... is this a new thing?

by Tito Jacksonreply 4711/07/2011

[quote] I hope Mr Murray meets his worst nightmare in the big house

Please. Michael Jackson was just as responsible for his own death. He knew the kind of doctor he was hiring. Jackson just wanted someone who could legally feed his habit. I doubt there's any mandatory time involved. Don't know what purpose any jail time would serve. Take away or suspend his license and let him do something to contribute to the community.

by Tito Jacksonreply 4811/07/2011

VOTN, in addition, the model of pulse-ox monitor that Murray used didn't have any alarm capabilities. So if the doctor goes into another room to make phone calls to his stripper girlfriends and the patient goes into distress, the monitor doesn't audibly signal to get the docs attention.

by Tito Jacksonreply 4911/07/2011

[quote]Don't know what purpose any jail time would serve. Take away or suspend his license and let him do something to contribute to the community.

It would serve a precedent, especially for the State of California where cooky circumstances like these happen. The trial is unique.

by Tito Jacksonreply 5011/07/2011

In his press conference that just ended the DA just said that as a result of the conviction Dr. Murray loses his medical license in CA. He said he hopes that other states honor the CA conviction and also strip him of his license.

The sentencing will be interesting. I think that is where lenience can be demonstrated if the judge is convinced that there was no intention to kill Jackson and the doctor just made bad decisions and showed rotten patient care.

by Tito Jacksonreply 5111/07/2011

[quote] Michael Jackson was just as responsible for his own death. He knew the kind of doctor he was hiring.

Jackson didn't hire Murray. It was the company producing his concerts.

by Tito Jacksonreply 5211/07/2011

R52, part of the testimony in the trial explained that. A rep for Michael Jackson told the concert promoter AEG that Michael was insisting that they hire his personal doctor Murray and take him along on the tour. AEG did eventually agree to it, but it certainly wasn't their idea and they balked at the added expense at first.

So Murray was on the AEG payroll for $150,000 per month, but it was because the Jackson camp insisted that he needed his doctor in order to help him with anxiety and a sleeping disorder.

by Tito Jacksonreply 5311/07/2011

Why do people still believe that MJ was a pedophile? I only heard of that one boy who later said that he lied about the allegations...were there other victims/payoffs?

by Tito Jacksonreply 5411/08/2011

Is anyone watching the current Michael Jackson family trail against AEG? Any insiders know any inside information about the facts, etc?

by Tito Jacksonreply 5505/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.