Since 1995

The Good Wife Premiere.

Wasn't Eli's hair darker last season?

by Anonymousreply 28811/13/2012

Is this a Call of Duty reference?

by Anonymousreply 209/25/2011

And Kalina looked OLD.

by Anonymousreply 309/25/2011

Don't know about that, but the case itself never would have made it to indictment. To quote Casey Novak, "I can't take this to the grand jury!"

by Anonymousreply 409/25/2011

I don't understand Julia Marguiles.

Her dyed black hair looks horrid and trashy. Her hair is fried and hangs in clumps in a horrid style.

Her face looks old and beat-up, yet she currently has a tv cosmetic commercial for skin cream that I'm sure gives her a couple million dollars per year. I would never buy a skin cream from her.

by Anonymousreply 509/25/2011

Also, she seems to be married to a gay life in real life in some sort of friendship or bearding situation.

by Anonymousreply 609/25/2011

gay guy in real life

by Anonymousreply 709/25/2011

I noticed the hair too -- even last season. I thought it looked like a bad wig.

by Anonymousreply 809/25/2011

She has a beautiful face but she supposedly wears a wig on the show.

by Anonymousreply 909/25/2011

I think it was a wig last year.

Eli as lobbyist at the law firm is less interesting than Eli as political schemer.

by Anonymousreply 1009/25/2011

She wears a wig on the show. But then I saw her on the red carpet at the Emmys and her hair still looked like shit.

by Anonymousreply 1109/25/2011

If that is a wig, you would think they would acquire a wig that had some shiny, healthy beauty to it, rather than the dull, shinelss, drab, dried up, fried piece of crap that is on her head.

by Anonymousreply 1209/26/2011

If they were really trying to capture the reality of high-pressure attorney jobs, then Alisha's hair would be fairly accurate. But, it doesn't match their "reality" of everyone looking impeccably made up all of the time. The cute ASA looks like he stepped out of GQ. Sure, that does actually happen from time to time, but it's far from the norm. Even when attorneys are wearing expensive clothes, they are often look at least a little bit rough around the edges.

by Anonymousreply 1409/26/2011

I agree about the story, that it would have been better as a two-parter.

But I thought it was terrific nonetheless. I like how they're setting up Peter and Alicia as adversaries in court as well as in their separation, and I like how Eli is walking the line with ties to Peter and now Alicia. Surprised they got Kelli Giddish back when she's now a regular on SVU as well.

by Anonymousreply 1509/26/2011

[quote] Surprised they got Kelli Giddish back when she's now a regular on SVU as well.

Both shows are shot in NYC, it's easy to do.

I was more surprised by Peter Jacobson's guest shot, given that he's doing HOUSE in LA.

And speaking of HOUSE, how soon before Lisa Edelstein shows up to come between Will and Alicia?

The sex scene was hot.

And Cary looked SMOKING HOT tonight - is he fucking Kalinda?

by Anonymousreply 1609/26/2011

I don't think Lisa Edelstein comes between Will and Alicia - I think she's an ex of his who has information that he doesn't want known, so she's more of an adversary.

by Anonymousreply 1709/26/2011

Saw a TV commercial for The Good Wife last night and instead of the raggedy, burnt, fried dyed black hair that Julia Marguiles was sporting at The Emmys (and in the show), she was wearing a very obvious brown wig that is quite different from her normal dyed black hair or black wig.

The new brown wig did not look good either.

by Anonymousreply 1809/26/2011

I wanted the prosecuting attorney to show up in court wearing Speedos; he was HOT!

by Anonymousreply 1909/26/2011

That sex scene was pretty steamy for network. All that talk about perfect penis placement.

by Anonymousreply 2009/26/2011

What did they say about penis placement?

by Anonymousreply 2109/26/2011

I'm surprised they got away with that sex scene - and at 9pm, not even 10 pm.

by Anonymousreply 2209/26/2011

They had a close=up of Josh Charles' big cock, r21, and he asked Julianna where she would like him to place it, in her mouth, ass or vagina. It was quite racy.

Oh, and her answer was "All three. I can go all night!"

by Anonymousreply 2309/26/2011

"Don't cum yet, Will. I want it all in my mouth! But don't get it on the wig. It isn't machine washable."

by Anonymousreply 2409/26/2011

Eli is the weakest link in a series with many weak links that demands much in the way of suspension of logic on the part of viewers. Eli's role is very poorly written, and Alan Cumming has no clue what to do with it. Even though Eli has some measure of ruthlessness and scheming about him, Cumming plays him as a man forever quaking in his boots.

by Anonymousreply 2509/26/2011

I'm sure he or she did not use the words 'ass, mouth, or vagina' - how did he really phrase it?

by Anonymousreply 2609/26/2011

"Butt, piehole, or cunt," r26.

by Anonymousreply 2709/26/2011

R22 - because the football game went overtime that afternoon, the show didn't start on the East Coast until 9:30 - and that scene didn't happen until 10:15. So no problems with "adult" material for 50%+ of the viewing audience.

by Anonymousreply 2809/27/2011

r25, you are insane. Alan C is the best part of the show.

Granted his new vague lobbying job is less interesting than being campaign manager or whatever role he played during Peter's run for office. He was fantastic at that.

by Anonymousreply 2909/27/2011

Alicia is turning into a very unsympathetic, holier than thou character.

by Anonymousreply 3009/27/2011

Eli is supposed to be David Alexrod. But, since he isn't an atty., there was a job for him on Peter's team. They should get down and dirty about Chicago politics -- far more than they have done.

by Anonymousreply 3109/27/2011

Right R28. But that didn't happen all over the country and even if it had, I doubt they knew football would go long when they filmed it.

by Anonymousreply 3209/27/2011

Loved the first show.

Much hotness, including Kalinda and her ex-girlfriend.

Loved it.

by Anonymousreply 3309/28/2011

Also...the oddball tutor.

Now there is an original character...loved her too.

Carey has gotten hotter.

by Anonymousreply 3409/28/2011

the oddball tutor is a trans character.

by Anonymousreply 3509/28/2011

Ya think? I'm getting a homo vibe here.

by Anonymousreply 3610/17/2011

I've lost all interest in this show and no longer watch it.

Now that Julianna is no longer the 'good wife' and carrying on a torrid office affair, I find her character to be rather unsympathetic and holier-than-thou. And really judgmental with no compassion.

by Anonymousreply 3810/17/2011

There's not enough Kalinda this year.

by Anonymousreply 3910/17/2011

I like to see Kalinda and Eli colluding and there should be more sex scenes between Alicia and Will.

Her from House is, frankly, a distraction. She needs to have a very short guest arc.

The cases are not as juicy.

by Anonymousreply 4010/17/2011

This show is OVAH.

It's a shame -- it coulda been a contender!

Revenge is my new "must-see" show. And Pan Am's getting better every week.

by Anonymousreply 4110/17/2011

The new woman attorney who had a thing with will is really ugly. And I can't see a corporate attorney with all those trashy piercing.

And speaking of ugly, I think Christine Baranski's Whoville nose is one of the best examples of bad plastic surgery on TV.

by Anonymousreply 4310/17/2011

Is Dallas Whatever ever going to get his own storyline? I want him and Kalinda to become friends and hang out.

by Anonymousreply 4410/17/2011

Matt Czuchry is HOT

by Anonymousreply 4510/17/2011

r45, I've seen him around Hollywood. He has a giant head.

by Anonymousreply 4610/17/2011

Matt Czuchry does look good, but his character is so castrated by Lockhart Gardener he seems so inept.

by Anonymousreply 4710/17/2011

Agree w/ r47. Cary should win a few cases (and Alicia/LG should lose some). Just to keep it borderline realistic.

by Anonymousreply 4810/17/2011

R46: Most people who film well have disproportionately large heads.

by Anonymousreply 4910/17/2011

Lisa Edelstein doesn't have much to do. And she plays an annoying bitch. I miss her on House. I think it was a bad move.

I still like this show. Love Carey, Kalinda, Eli and Diane. Hate Lisa E, I keep waiting for Will to sell Alicia down the river which is the only suspense so far this year.

by Anonymousreply 5110/18/2011

Anyone understand the rationale for moving the show to Sunday night?

by Anonymousreply 5210/18/2011

No. I think the move hurts.

OH!! And I want more of Alicia's brother. He's fun. Especially with Jackie, although I like how he interacts with all of them.

by Anonymousreply 5310/18/2011

I don't think Alicia is holier-than-thou. It seems to me she's getting a little darker and more cutthroat. Being dishonest seems to come more natural to her now.

She did seem to have a twinge of guilt when the mediator told her he knew she played him.

I agree about Eli, the character is interesting and Cummings is fine - but he is a lot less compelling this year.

I think Peter is going to turn into a real bastard. That's what happens sometimes when people realize they're not getting their ex back they become very hateful towards them.

by Anonymousreply 5410/18/2011

Perhaps. I think they want to leave the possibility open that he and Alicia will get back together.

I agree that the show has lost an edge. Hope it picks up soon. I'm certainly not done with it yet.

by Anonymousreply 5510/18/2011

I liked the show this week...Lockhart-Gardner goes good.

by Anonymousreply 5610/18/2011

Love this show.

This week's episode was much better than last.

by Anonymousreply 5710/19/2011

Another good show. Lisa E is less of a bitch. LOVED the wife killer coming back in. Will is showing his colors.

I'm wondering if Kalinda didn't really sleep with Peter or if there's some other story going on there.

Seems like Eli is back in the swing too. Looks like we meet Eli's ex next week.

Also I really like the bitter, bitchy divorce lawyer guy. He cracks me up.

I was sad when Alicia and Lisa E went out drinking instead of Alicia and Kalinda.

by Anonymousreply 5810/23/2011

I like that Will is turning out to be a bit unlikable.

But that was a low blow, telling Alicia that she was the Kaitlyn.

by Anonymousreply 5910/23/2011

I have to wonder if that was true. If it isn't, bitchy family lawyer David will wind up telling her. But as mean as it was, the show needed to take Alicia down a peg. I mean EVERY LAWYER she goes up against offers her a job. I get the whole connection to Peter thing, but please.

by Anonymousreply 6010/23/2011

Lisa Edelstein's eyebrows (drawn on) are hideous.

Matt Czuchry is SMOKING HOT.

by Anonymousreply 6110/24/2011

Fantastic episode this week. Alicia smack-down and Will turns the knife in her back.

But completely in line with the rest of the story--she would never have been hired, after a 15(?) year break from law, without someone's intervention. At that point her husband was in jail so it's not like she could claim to have influence.

Of course the whole "interview our potential associates" job looked thankless to begin with. Who wants to listen to a lot of pre-formed regurgitated crap?

by Anonymousreply 6210/24/2011

And if the separation goes public, WILL people stop fawning on Alicia as much? From the get-go, she's been called on for her "connections." And while they are playing it as if the divorce would be a career killer for Peter, really? There are LOTS of divorced politicians these days. It would be a lot stupider for them to play nice during an upcoming campaign, and get called on it in the press than it would be for them to just break up and move on.

Lisa E. is having a blast with her character, and it's a lot of fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 6310/24/2011

The first thing I noticed when I started watching the show was that Margulies was in a wig and a bad wig at that. The hair doesn't even look as if is has part. A wig with parts and a scalp is called a mono wig.

Aren't there expert supplemental hair people in Hollywood?

Her own hair was always beautiful, so I wondered, why a wig? Unless she is now suffering from hair loss? Many women in their 40s experience hormone fluctuations which cause hair loss and extreme texture changes in the hair.

If the role required a more conservative hairstyle, the hairstylist basically needed to flat iron her own curly hair. The wig is very distracting.

by Anonymousreply 6410/24/2011

Curly hair tends to have a mind of its own. And her hair was kinky/curly. I think the wig was for continuity. Ugly or not at least it is always the same.

by Anonymousreply 6510/24/2011

The US Attorney in Chicago, Pat Fitzgerald, started dating his (now) wife when she had been married for only two years. She (Jenni Letzkus) quickly got a divorce and St. Pat wasn't at all sullied by the affair. The only weird part was that the USAO public relations person tried to make Letzkus sound like some powerhouse investment banker who became a Head Start teacher. She actually had some low level job in finance and her mom got her a teaching gig.

Chicagoans talk about running Fitzgerald for Senate. So divorce and affairs mean nothing.

by Anonymousreply 6610/24/2011

It's not a great wig (or series of wigs), but it's not as terrible as all that.

Why are people so surprised that so many female leads in films and especially TV wear wigs? Women on stage do as well.

It's a continuity thing: as most women can confirm, you simply cannot count on your hair doing exactly the same thing every day, every scene, minute to minute. It will hang differently, the texture may change, curl, no curl, body, no body, etc.

Alicia's character simply wouldn't run around with messy, frizzy hair.

by Anonymousreply 6710/24/2011

Eli's "wife" Parker Posey, tonight. Should be fun.

by Anonymousreply 6810/30/2011

It looks like they're focusing more on Carey and the crime side as well as the court side. I like this. I like Carey.

Wish Alicia and Kalinda would get back together.

by Anonymousreply 6910/30/2011

I don't like Parker Posey's new face.

by Anonymousreply 7010/30/2011

Alicia finally lost a case.

Her conversations with Will are quite stilted now like we're not supposed to know her or his true feelings.

I guess the new blonde is stalking Will?

by Anonymousreply 7110/30/2011

Hurray - no Lisa Edelstein and her painted-on eyebrows this week!

what was all that hubbub about Alicia's computer and her son and cranky IT guy? Will meeting the son was funny and weird, but it's hard to believe they've never met before.

Cary finally got some, but we didn't see them fucking - WE NEED CARY NAKED!

by Anonymousreply 7210/31/2011

R59, I didn't think it was a low blow. I thought it was the truth. It's usually who you know and networking that gets you the job anyway.

Anna Camp's character is going to be trouble for Will (and Alicia).

by Anonymousreply 7310/31/2011

Anyone recognize Jake Silbermann as a guest star? He looked pretty good in a speedo in the scene where his character talks to Kalinda.

by Anonymousreply 7411/02/2011

r74 he looked wonderful...

by Anonymousreply 7511/02/2011

why is Eli now the focus of the show?

by Anonymousreply 7611/02/2011

It would have been better for Eli to be with the DA office as Peter's Chief of Staff.

by Anonymousreply 7711/02/2011

There's not enough Kalinda. The show just isn't interesting without her. And I don't care about all these new characters.

by Anonymousreply 7811/05/2011

[R74] All Jake Silbermann has going for him is from the neck down. He was in a speedo because he is a horrible actor. The scene itself was blessedly short.

by Anonymousreply 7911/05/2011

I like her lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 8011/07/2011

Her lawyer is on True Blood. She's great.

by Anonymousreply 8111/07/2011

"I want to learn from you" that was great! I loved her lawyer especially when she was talking to that treasury guy and told him his voice was scarey and she forgot the question.

by Anonymousreply 8211/07/2011

I love her lawyer! She's great!

But, I concur with the other posters that we need more Kalinda.

by Anonymousreply 8311/07/2011

And when they were showing the gov't lawyer (love Bob Balaban) bringing up Kalinda as "someone of Middle Eatern descent" I wondered if Alica would correct her; aren't we meant to believe that Kalinda is of Indian descent; they consider themselves Near Easterners, and in fact aren't Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 8411/07/2011

Well, there's also the problem that Kalinda is not her real name. All Alicia knows is that her name used to be Leela. I'm sure she wanted to avoid having that mess emerge.

Loved last night's episode.

by Anonymousreply 8511/07/2011

I wish they were unraveling Kalinda/Leela's strange past instead of spending time on all this other stuff.

by Anonymousreply 8611/07/2011

Where do you think the whole daughter being a religious nut is leading, if anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 8711/07/2011

Everything they are doing with Grace makes me think she will come out. The one friend she had last season she had a weird chemistry with and they talked about being gay a few times, then she got into that weird youtube Jesus guy. and it tends to come up a lot when she is on screen.

by Anonymousreply 8811/07/2011

Carrie Preston (who played Alicia's lawyer) in real life is married to Michael Emerson from "Lost" and "Persons of Interest".

by Anonymousreply 8911/08/2011

All the subplots with the daughter every season are getting annoying. Every season gets better and better. I'm loving this show. I just hope the whole Peter/ jealous ex-husband going after his wife's firm storyline isn't just that.

They film in NY but takes place in Chicago. When Bob B. and Carrie P. were chatting on the bench on his lunch break, did no one notice that Radio City Music Hall was right there in the background?

by Anonymousreply 9011/08/2011

Good episode

Now Kalinda and Diane know that Alicia and boss are sleeping together...

The daughter is just sad, she says she has no friends...I believe it.

Bob Balaban was was the lady lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 9111/08/2011

I think that the kooky red-headed lawyer should get her own show.

by Anonymousreply 9211/08/2011

What were we supposed to get from that conversation between Will and Peter where Will says something like... Don't pursue this past issue about me because a lot more than you want will come out... or words to that effect?

by Anonymousreply 9311/08/2011

I took it as something the Writers were using to indicate that the season had more drama up it's sleeve as opposed to something we saw already and were being reminded of.

by Anonymousreply 9411/08/2011

I've always thought that the daughter was a big problem for the show-the young actress playing her is such a nothing. But making her into a forlorn, lonely girl is sorta interesting. Damn, the kid playing the son is getting better and better looking. Is he 18 yet?

Parker Posey looked alarmingly like Katharine Hepburn. Carrie Preston deserves an Emmy nomination for Best Guest Performance in a Drama even though her work in it has been primarily comedic.

by Anonymousreply 9511/08/2011

R93, I think Will actually loves Alicia... As best he can... and when she told him that it's not serious between the two of them ( Will offered to meet her kids, she's like, no that's not necessary) hurt him.

So when Peter is challenging Will a bit about the $45,000 Will was kind of childishly saying, don't ask me about that or I'll tell everybody I'm fucking your wife.

by Anonymousreply 9611/09/2011

I had never seen Carrie Preston before. She stole every scene she was in.

by Anonymousreply 9711/09/2011

R95, Graham Phillips (Zach Florrick) turned 18 this year. He is adorably cute!

by Anonymousreply 9811/09/2011

Carrie Preston cleans up real good!

by Anonymousreply 9911/09/2011

Glad they brought back the kooky lawyer. She's great and much more entertaining than the House lady.

by Anonymousreply 10011/09/2011

Carrie Preston has been in True Blood since the beginning. She plays a waitress at the bar/diner.

by Anonymousreply 10111/09/2011

Liked this episode too. I didn't want to like the Chris Matthews bit but he was actually quite good. Don't know where they're going with Cary and Kalinda but I love both actors/characters so much that the more they interact the better.

by Anonymousreply 10411/14/2011

Cary and Kalinda is so predictable it's annoying.

by Anonymousreply 10511/14/2011

I liked it. I also like Kalinda and Cary together and I also like each of them with the Lie to Me chick. Threesome?

by Anonymousreply 10711/14/2011

The young politician Eli was helping was hot too. I was hoping the fellating Santa photo would mean he'd have to come out....

And Jackie going thru Alicia's stuff - that's just nasty. But next week Alicia's affair with Will becomes the front-burner story for the rest of the season. Kalinda and Diane know now, and Jackie will find out and tell Peter....

by Anonymousreply 10811/15/2011

I would much rather have seen Kalinda hook up with that Lie to Me chick than Cary. I like her chemistry with Cary but it would be better left as sexual tension.

Typical Jackie what a nosy old bag! I think Peter more than clearly knows about Will and Alicia at this point, or does he just suspect?

Good cases this week, a marked improvement.

by Anonymousreply 10911/15/2011

I love watching Cary be tortured - he's got the bluest balls on TV. No woman will shtupp him - not Alicia, not Kalinda, not this black chick. He gets as far as a kiss and then something happens or the woman walks away...

Come to Daddy, baby....

by Anonymousreply 11011/15/2011

What was up with Archie Panjabi's American accent this last episode? It was very shaky, particularly on words like "compartment." Do you think it's leading up to a reveal that Kalinda/Leela is really British?

by Anonymousreply 11111/15/2011

Where do you think they're going with the office computer issues Zach has been fixing?

by Anonymousreply 11211/15/2011

Did anyone else get a sense of deja vu last week with the lawyer Carrie Preston was playing? All of that self-deprecating-I'm-so-dumb-you'll-have-to-help-me-out-here stuff which disguises a mind like a steel trap: this is reminiscent of the character Mamie Gummer has played on this show a few times. Wonder if the part was written for her character and she couldn't do it? Would make more sense -- Alicia would know her and would be more likely to go to someone she had experience with first hand.

by Anonymousreply 11311/15/2011

r113 - I believe that Alicia had already worked with the red-head before.

by Anonymousreply 11411/15/2011

[quote]Where do you think they're going with the office computer issues Zach has been fixing?

Yes, there's definitely something there...with both Alica and Will getting a blue screen of death. I wonder if the kid is hacking both their computers?

by Anonymousreply 11511/15/2011

I thought he was putting their files into a "cloud" and the IT guy knew this and was like "fine - have it your way."

To me, this sets them up as potentially having a story line about how the firm might their client info and secret documents vulnerable to hacking and being published or something like that. And Alicia will be to blame! And so will Peter's kid which means the DA will have a mess on it's hands, too, since it could be construed that the DA sent in his kid to hack the firm he's investigating!

by Anonymousreply 11611/15/2011

Red-head lawyer Carrie Preston represented Peter in the first season of the show, when he was on trial for whatever it was, after the adultery scandal first broke. So of course Alicia knows her.

by Anonymousreply 11711/16/2011

Archie Panjabi looks sick to me or something. I thought she was pretty attractive before this past season, but something seems off with her now.

by Anonymousreply 11811/16/2011

[quote]Archie Panjabi looks sick to me or something. I thought she was pretty attractive before this past season, but something seems off with her now.

She's not getting enough pussy.

On the show.

by Anonymousreply 11911/16/2011

Oh, Kalinda.

Nice turn of events — Kalinda being the one with blue balls while Cary gets the girl.

Are Christine Baranski's character and Alan Cumming's character headed for a relationship? i thought I picked up chemistry this episode.

by Anonymousreply 12011/21/2011

That hot kid of hers she's about to buy a car will only disappoint her.

by Anonymousreply 12111/21/2011

(he won't suck her dick)

by Anonymousreply 12211/21/2011

no matter his lips and aching eyes

by Anonymousreply 12311/21/2011

Thought Christine Baranski was terrific in her scene with Josh Charles on the roof (or wherever they shoot that).

I gather from the promo for the new episode in two weeks that Grace, that hideously plain, socially maladjusted daughter goes 'missing.' Obviously she's just run off to be with that freaky religious garu she's been watching online . . .

by Anonymousreply 12411/21/2011

Agree with R124.

Christine Baranski was mesmerizing during her scene with Josh Charles. That scene alone could win her an Emmy.

Alicia's son gets cuter and hotter with every episode.

by Anonymousreply 12511/21/2011

[quote[Christine Baranski was mesmerizing during her scene with Josh Charles. That scene alone could win her an Emmy.

Both that scene and the one with Alan Cumming. I'd love to see Baranski get the Emmy for this role.

by Anonymousreply 12611/21/2011

Chorus of Baranski approval.

Loved how that single black female chick is stealing Kalinda's style, her cock teasing/clit teasing and her man! I really want a showdown between them and for Alicia and Kalinda to get back together.

Nice little smackdown to nosy Grandma. Did the daughter mean her Mom was a bitch or the Grandma? Was it supposed to ambiguous? If not the line reading was really off.

by Anonymousreply 12811/21/2011

R128, I thought she meant the grandmother was a bitch, but you're right that it wasn't really clear.

by Anonymousreply 12911/21/2011

I thought she meant the Grandmother too.

Am I alone in feeling the military trial left something out? It was weird. The defendent was very rigid and strange. The whole thing just felt off.

by Anonymousreply 13011/21/2011

The writing this season has been awful.

by Anonymousreply 13111/21/2011

r132, have you watched this season of the show? Have you watched any previous seasons? There's no suspense, the characterization is flat, the stories are flat and could fit into any procedural, shall I go on? And can they reverse your lobotomy or is this state of idiocy and incoherency permanent for you?

by Anonymousreply 13311/21/2011

I was grateful to see just how the drone program works.

The opening sequence of the show, thoughtfully illustrated the time delays...and the sometimes young soldiers that operate these weapons from great distances.

by Anonymousreply 13411/21/2011

Nothing about how good Amy Sedaris looked?

by Anonymousreply 13811/21/2011

Like Amy Sedaris as an adversary for Eli. Hope we have seen the last of her from House. The writing has not been consistent this season. The cast is too disparate and there are too many random plot strands.

by Anonymousreply 13911/21/2011

Amy was off to a rough start, but she righted the ship.

I love this show. When I was disappointed because I anticipated a Cary/Kalinda love connection, they proved me wrong. So much more interesting for Cary to be strung along, and Kalinda to continue being Kalinda.

r131, you're entitled to your opinion, but I also disagree with it.

Even Alan Cumming's character is great. He's finally playing someone other than himself, and he's pretty decent at it.

by Anonymousreply 14011/21/2011

I think Cumming's work in this is his best to date.

by Anonymousreply 14111/21/2011

Interesting show tonight. Deb from Dexter was on as an ultra-Christian fired by liberals for being ultra-Christian. At least, that was Alicia's argument. They walked the line very deftly. It was well done.

by Anonymousreply 14312/04/2011

Kalinda does a selfless thing. Can't wait for that to be discovered.

by Anonymousreply 14412/04/2011

Glad Alicia is done with Will.

by Anonymousreply 14512/05/2011

I've stopped watching the show, but why did Alicia break up with Will?

I want Peter & Alicia back together again, and when they broke up I stopped watching the show.

by Anonymousreply 14612/05/2011

I know this sounds wrong, but do you think Michael J. Fox's parkinson's ticks gives his acting a new interesting dimensions?

by Anonymousreply 14712/05/2011

146 -- they lost track of daughter Grace for a couple of hours and thought she'd been kidnapped (Kalinda found her and brought her home.) Alicia freaked and thought she hadn't "been there" for Grace and so decided to focus on her family and dump Will.

There was reason for concern: Grace got in a car after school with a man the family didn't know, calling her mother from the car. She put her phone in her back pocket -- the pressure from sitting on the redial button sent 12 additional calls to her mother. Kalinda checked the phone's GPS and tracked Grace to a church where she was being secretly baptized by a teenage boy. She brought Grace home but made her promise not to tell Kalinda had been involved (that whole Peter/Kalinda affair would have made things awkward.)

by Anonymousreply 14812/05/2011

I want more of Will as an addictive gambler and a corrupt lawyer.

Evil Will is sexier than good guy Will.

by Anonymousreply 14912/05/2011

I really enjoy Michael J Fox on the show but thought his Parkinson's symptoms were more prominent last night. I hope he's alright.

I loved Eli trying to socialize with people at work. Alan Cumming and Christine Baranski are wonderful together.

by Anonymousreply 15012/05/2011

Agree R150, love Alan Cumming and Christine Baranski together. Also loved the scene between Eli and Will. Josh was particularly good there and Julia was amazing in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 15112/05/2011

I think Christine's/Alan's characters are going to end up together — or at least in bed together — and Christine's character is going to have to eat her words on intra-office relationships.

by Anonymousreply 15212/06/2011

The writing is garbage this year.

by Anonymousreply 15312/06/2011

[quote] I really enjoy Michael J Fox on the show but thought his Parkinson's symptoms were more prominent last night.

I can't stand him.

And I don't like Baranski's Whoville nose. It is very distracting.

Otherwise, I really like this show, but think it is unraveling this season. It seems to be losing focus. When it was about the Florick's marriage, it had a center.

by Anonymousreply 15412/06/2011

Not a word about WHY Grace disappeared - she went off to be Baptized!

This later-in-life religious turn she's taken is only going to make things worse at home - Alicia and Peter are now both adulterers, which Grace won't deal well with at all, not to mention her uncle Owen the openly gay man....

by Anonymousreply 15512/06/2011

The writing hard sucks. This past ep was a model of the economy of good storytelling and great pacing.

I had very ambivalent feelings about Alicia's decision to break it off with Will - it certainly did seem to be coming from a place of personal empowerment, some measure of which Alicia is trying to achieve. That's good stuff, and very realistic. (Though I can't stand Will, and wish Alicia wasn't attracted to his smug, predictable ass.) When Alicia has her moment of panic and guilt in her bedroom, I was reminded strongly of Graham Greene's "The End of the Affair." Alicia may not be a Catholic, but she's a rather rigid moralist. That's why her relationship with Kalinda has been so powerful and interesting, and why it's been a disappointment that they've been kept apart so long this season.

by Anonymousreply 15612/06/2011

I too agree that this season was (is) awful. The last two seasons I couldn't wait to see the next episode. This season? If I think of it, I watch it.

And Pan Am's getting better all the time.

by Anonymousreply 15712/06/2011

R157 I totally agree. I haven't watched it this year, except the first episode of the season.

Alicia is becoming so holier-than-thou, she is totally unsympathetic.

I don't blame Peter for cheating on her at all. What a cold bitch.

by Anonymousreply 15912/06/2011

[quote]stop trying to make Whoville nose happen.

Whoville nose.

by Anonymousreply 16012/06/2011

by Anonymousreply 16312/06/2011

It was great tonight. So I'm bumping this thread.

by Anonymousreply 16412/11/2011

I liked it too. We see a new side to Peter. Or an old side reborn. At the end, I wanted the person meeting Alicia at the bar to be Kalinda.

by Anonymousreply 16512/11/2011

r165, I did too. But I thought the ending was more realistic with Diane. I wonder who Will is going to hire as his attorney?

I didn't like the Will and Alicia storyline - I'm glad it's sort of run it's course.

by Anonymousreply 16612/11/2011

Will still seems to be enamored. Alicia seemed relieved but when Diane said to Will, "She'll get over it." He looked stricken and then shut down.

I think he should get Michael J Fox. Just because he's so much fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 16712/11/2011

It has already been revealed that Will will hired that red haired woman who represented Alicia a couple episode back.

She is the red haired one who seemed very ditzy, but is not.

by Anonymousreply 16812/12/2011

[quote]I didn't like the Will and Alicia storyline - I'm glad it's sort of run it's course.

They are definitely setting that one up for a restart at some point. Hopefully, it will be in a few seasons when I'm officially sick of the show because I HATE Will and the actor who plays him.

I'm so glad they've gotten Alicia and Kalinda back in some scenes together on the show. That's the heart of the show and that's what's been missing this year. Loved that Kalinda told that evangelizing idiot that she'd hurt him if he came near Grace again.

by Anonymousreply 16912/12/2011

Thanks r168. I must of missed that.

by Anonymousreply 17012/12/2011

The show was better tonight because THERE WAS NO ELI!!!

His character doesn't fit anymore now that Peter's won his election.

And speaking of, that scene between Will and Wendy Scott-Carr on the basketball court was quite the shocker, no?

I can't wait for football season to end so we don't have to wait for an hour to see the show...

by Anonymousreply 17112/12/2011

The woman playing Wendy is great.

So glad Kalinda is getting back in the fold.

by Anonymousreply 17212/12/2011

[quote]The show was better tonight because THERE WAS NO ELI!!!

It was also better because until the very end, there was almost no Will. He and Eli need to both go out in a gangland shooting in the dramatic season finale.

by Anonymousreply 17312/12/2011

I like Eli. I want him and Diane together.

And where is Cuddy? She quit House to do what? Guest once on this show?

by Anonymousreply 17412/12/2011

Also, they seem to be trying to make the audience stop wanting Alicia back with Peter. A lot of fans want that and now we're seeing how ruthless and mean he can be. Makes Will look better to me.

by Anonymousreply 17512/12/2011

Cuddy will re-emerge as the bribery scandal unfolds. She's in it chin deep and she has some info on Will as well.

by Anonymousreply 17612/12/2011

The scene with Anika Noni Rose and Josh Charles was a heat surprise. Alan Cumming is great as Eli and he is in the middle of the Peter/Will investigation. I like the new aspect of the Alicia/Diane relationship. I think the producers are trying to get the audience invested in a renewal of Alicia and Peter. Margulies and Noth had excellent chemistry in last night's episode.

by Anonymousreply 17712/12/2011

Anika Noni Rose plays one of the greatest villains I have ever seen.

She makes me want to rip that woman's face off.

Great actress.

by Anonymousreply 17812/12/2011

RE: Alicia and Kalinda were sitting in the car.

by Anonymousreply 17912/12/2011

Picture it: Sicily ("Chicago"), 2011.

Alicia and Kalinda get drunk. Possibly debating whether to go back to Peter or possibly discussing her feelings of vulnerability over the situation, Alicia tells Kalinda that she is curious to feel what Peter felt, having all those women at his beck and call. Kalinda offers to show her.

by Anonymousreply 18012/12/2011

Was it just me, or was there a bit of hostile sexual energy between Wendy and Will? I know she is supposed to be dedicated to her husband, but that was the read I got.

by Anonymousreply 18112/12/2011

The sexual tension between the actors on this show is intense. Men/Women..Women/Women..Men/Men.

Great season so far.

by Anonymousreply 18212/13/2011

Why was there no new episode this week?

by Anonymousreply 18312/19/2011

They are on a holiday break r183 not sure where you're from but all the US shows take them lasting anywhere from 4 weeks to 8 weeks depending on the show. I believe GW is set to return Jan 15.

by Anonymousreply 18412/19/2011

It's idiotic for them to take winter breaks when everyone is tilting around trying to avoid talking to their family members.

by Anonymousreply 18512/19/2011

I love r185.

by Anonymousreply 18612/20/2011

I really liked the Bitcoin episode despite the appearance of Jason Biggs.

by Anonymousreply 18701/17/2012

I liked it too. More Kalinda and the kookie lawyer and less Will. Jason Biggs was adequate if not interesting.

by Anonymousreply 18801/17/2012

I love, love, love the grey-area flirtation between Kalinda and Cary's new girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 18901/17/2012

I love Kalinda's boots...still.

The grandmother was in "Follies" singing and vamping it up on the song "An, Paris!"

Mary Beth Peil, trained as an opera singer and in her 70's.

Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 19001/18/2012

Spinoff that crazy lawyer, I adore her

by Anonymousreply 19101/18/2012

I agree, R191, Carrie Preston definitely deserves her own spin-off. And if she's not nominated for a Best Guest Performance Emmy I'm gonna be pissed.

That teeny tiny gf of Alicia's hot son is very cute and a good actress with a lovely, melodic speaking voice.

by Anonymousreply 19201/18/2012

[quote] They are on a holiday break [R183] not sure where you're from but all the US shows take them lasting anywhere from 4 weeks to 8 weeks depending on the show. I believe GW is set to return Jan 15.

Actually the show returned on January 8th.

by Anonymousreply 19301/21/2012

The January 29 episode was excellent.

This is still a really enjoyable show.

I'm not sure about the Alan Cummings/Amy Sederis

thing, but I'll give it a shot.

by Anonymousreply 19401/30/2012

I hope they wrapped up the Will drama for good. They sort of stretched it out. Still love this show. What Will and Kalinda planned and executed in the courtroom was great! And I can use a little break from Anika.

by Anonymousreply 19501/30/2012

Wendy Scott Carr has quite a bit of junk in her trunk.

by Anonymousreply 19601/31/2012

This ep was great! I don't mind the Will storyline, I wonder what he's really hiding. Flawless performances by everyone, the Amy Sedaris thing was a bit meh but loved the twist at the end.

by Anonymousreply 19701/31/2012

Carrie Preston is *perfect* in this! I agree with the spinoff suggestion.

Also, Amy Sedaris has great chemistry with Alan Cummings, and hope they keep her around, too.

What happened with the weird tutor girl?

by Anonymousreply 19801/31/2012

"Arrest me." Wow.

I'm still wondering if they have the guts to go for it with Kalinda and Alicia. Kalinda would walk through walls (and is capable of it) for Alicia. What's the eventual payoff going to be?

by Anonymousreply 19901/31/2012

Cary Agos naked

by Anonymousreply 20002/02/2012

Good ep. Interesting that Alicia is taking Kalinda's case. I wonder what WIll will do now he can't practice law. Apparently there will be a case that blows up and he feels the need to be there.

by Anonymousreply 20102/19/2012

Getting her eyebrows re-tattooed.

by Anonymousreply 20202/19/2012

And Jonathan Groff, trying to act straight!

by Anonymousreply 20302/20/2012

Good eppy. Like that Kalinda and Alicia are getting closer again. Unemployed Will and his irritating sisters was more fun than employed Will. Love the fight over being the head of the firm.

by Anonymousreply 20403/04/2012

those ugly sisters are beyond stupid!

couldn't the writers find some thing a bit organic to move the story forward?

stupid plot device!

by Anonymousreply 20503/05/2012

Josh Charles is starting to look like shit.

LOVED Nurse Jackie's Zoe as his sister.

And Donna Brazile should get her own series.

by Anonymousreply 20603/05/2012

This last episode was such a bore.

The only redeeming thing aout this episode was Donna Braizille

by Anonymousreply 20703/05/2012

[quote}The only redeeming thing aout this episode was Donna Braizille

I disagree. She was AWFUL. Stunt casting of people who can't act at its worst.

by Anonymousreply 20803/05/2012

Sorry, I missed something. What is Kalinda's case about?

by Anonymousreply 20903/05/2012

So this weeks was interesting for the possible return to their original house. Gotta wonder if they're trying to get Alicia and hubby back together. The return of the bad guy was just meh for me. He's not as much fun as they think he is. And the "Alicia makes a bigger enemy of David is murky at best." Surprisingly enough, I miss Will in a more active role. This check everything before he can do anything slows things down.

by Anonymousreply 21003/12/2012

Did not enjoy Will in his socks. He's really not very attractive, is he?

by Anonymousreply 21103/14/2012

I can't understand a fucking word Michael J. Fox is saying. I think it's time for him to hang up the saddle.

by Anonymousreply 21203/18/2012

r212, I could understand him.

by Anonymousreply 21303/19/2012

I could understand him too. And I adore him. So... no saddle hanging for me.

And FINALLY Alicia takes a step back toward Kalinda. They better move it before the show gets cancelled. Their relationship was WAY more fun than Alicia and Will.

by Anonymousreply 21403/19/2012

Alicia and Kalinda are seeing each other again!

That was such a lesbian interaction....Alicia expressed her boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 21503/19/2012

I was literally 'awwing' and biting my nails watching Alicia and Kalinda dancing around each other like two ex's cautiously getting together.

I want to see them have angry makeup sex

by Anonymousreply 21603/19/2012

They're gonna do it.

by Anonymousreply 21703/19/2012

At least that hideous character Kaitlin is gone; hope she STAYS gone. Rather an abrupt out-of-nowhere end though - all of a sudden she has a fiance? Wonder if Julianna Margulies - who has a producer credit - didn't like the character/actress?

by Anonymousreply 21803/19/2012

I was SO glad when the Lisa E character wrapped up. Excellent actress, but I totally could NOT buy her and Will having had an affair; he's - 40? in real life and looks much younger; she is 55 or so and looks pretty close her age. I kept waiting for a line about, "we had a great time having an affair in law school, and I always admired you going to law school in your 40's, after a career as a (businesswoman, real estate agent, whatever)" or, "we were lucky that no one complained when he had an affair in college; could have been awkward: you being my teacher."

They just looked WAY ridiculous as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 21903/19/2012

R210 raises an interesting point. > I wonder how many people connected with the show, and/working for CBS, realize that a lot of viewers, myself included, watch the show MAINLY for the episodes where Chris Noth appears. Woooof.

by Anonymousreply 22003/19/2012

R219 they looked about the same age to me. Josh Charles looked like an ugly old sick man even way back in Dead Poets Society. Which raises the question, would The Good Wife be a better show if Meg Ryan were playing Charles' role?

by Anonymousreply 22103/19/2012

Yep, they're getting the news out about Alicia and Kalinda. Better move it along toots.

by Anonymousreply 22203/19/2012

I've never watched this show and have no clue who all is in it. But I flipped for like five minutes last night and there was this young guy on a witness stand who was sort of scruffy, but who looked like a young Perry King. He could have been his son.

by Anonymousreply 22303/19/2012

I adore this show. There isn't a more interesting and well-acted potboiler out there.

by Anonymousreply 22403/19/2012

Agree R224, it's really fun. I can never decide which character I like best or who is the better actor. I can't remember another show I've felt that way about in years. Guess many people felt that way about the Sopranos.

by Anonymousreply 22503/19/2012

I had a hard timing understanding Michael J. Fox too. Some of his lines were dubbed in. But my TV has terrible sound clarity.

by Anonymousreply 22603/19/2012

r223, that was Pete Scanavino. I know him.

by Anonymousreply 22703/19/2012

[214] Good Wife was renewed early for a fourth season.

by Anonymousreply 22803/19/2012

I want a Carey and Zach subplot.

by Anonymousreply 22903/20/2012

Carey always looks 16 years old. And the actor is a total lightweight, giving a "How cute do I look in my sharp suits?" performance every single episode.

Elizabeth Reaser is quite a bland actress but I liked it when her character got off a zinger to Alicia for sleeping with Will.

by Anonymousreply 23003/20/2012

What do you know about him, R227? He's pretty cute.

Anyone else see a Perry King thing going on?

by Anonymousreply 23103/20/2012

Damn, meant to post the link in the Url...

by Anonymousreply 23203/20/2012

Has it returned from its hiatus? Can someone please, please give us a review, or a link to a review - haven't seen review in NYTimes Thank you kindly

by Anonymousreply 23304/16/2012

There was a new episode last night. It revolved a lot around Peter's decision to run for governor and the new character played by Matthew Perry. I think there are two more episodes to wrap up the season.

by Anonymousreply 23404/16/2012

Yes it's back.

Here's a review of last night's episode

by Anonymousreply 23504/16/2012

One thing that bugs me about Peter and the Governor's Storyline is he just won the State's Attorney election. I know the character has been State's Attorney before and would like to move on politically but are Illionians going to elect him in 2012 for a new job after they just elected him 2011 for one?

I would say do your freakin job you told us how much you wanted and what plans you had in that position. Wait on the Governor's job.

by Anonymousreply 23604/16/2012

R231, moody, Pisces, from Colorado, strange taste in women, good kisser, good actor, good sized cock, playful, arrogant, can hold his booze. As far as I know, he's straight but I wouldn't be at all shocked if he experimented.

by Anonymousreply 23704/16/2012

Thank you very much 234. Thanks for the link 235, much appreciated from 233

by Anonymousreply 23804/16/2012

Matthew Perry is playing a sociopath.

Alicia, you in danger girl.

by Anonymousreply 23904/16/2012

Eli Gold having sex with a WOMAN?

And didn't Alan Cumming look awkward getting out of Parker Posey's bed? She's really acting up a storm, trying to make us believe she's sexually interested in him, let alone that they were once married...

by Anonymousreply 24004/17/2012

What was going on with Perry's weird accent? It kept changing, from a weird nasal intonation to his normal speaking manner. And he dyed his hair, all the greys were gone! Loved Peter telling Jackie off. Nice. Too bad she ended up in hospital.

by Anonymousreply 24104/17/2012

Aren't all Pisceans moody?

by Anonymousreply 24204/18/2012

Perry sounds totally off, more than just a weird accent. I was thinking he was either high or so gone from years of drug abuse that his speech is permanently slurred.

by Anonymousreply 24304/18/2012

Unfortunate about Perry's drug abuse, to be sure, but - maybe is just me? - I think he's doing a great job in this part; very good at drama and very good at playing a prick. I was quite surprised; didn't see this performance capable in his work in "Friends" (which character I did really like) or previous comedies.

by Anonymousreply 24404/18/2012

I have had the same reaction to Matthew Perry R244. He's great. He does have a weird speech thing though, as if he's wearing dentures.

by Anonymousreply 24504/18/2012

Ahhhhhhhh, Kalinda and Alicia, drinking together again. Nice.

by Anonymousreply 24604/22/2012

Perry had a great short role on "The West Wing."

by Anonymousreply 24704/23/2012

So the judge lied? Loved Diane in her scenes with him.

by Anonymousreply 24804/23/2012

On Perry playing a villain so effectively: don't actors say the true comics have very dark sides?

by Anonymousreply 24904/23/2012

No the judge did not lie. The other guy withheld evidence.

When the visiting judge was Stepen Root I thought we had a cross-over from "Justified".

by Anonymousreply 25004/23/2012

Is no one commenting on the lesbian sex scene?

by Anonymousreply 25104/24/2012

r251, that scene was so hot, I continue to watch it. I'm pretty surprised that CBS showed that, I mean it was below camera but was obvious from shoulders up that Kalinda was finger-fucking her.

by Anonymousreply 25204/24/2012

The scene was hot and quite clear on what was going on down there. It will probably have part II.

by Anonymousreply 25304/24/2012

I am grateful for that scene but unclear how that was supposed to get Lana to stop stalking her.

by Anonymousreply 25404/24/2012

I'm glad Kalinda never finger-fucked Mamie Gummer.

Doesn't Julianne Nicholson look fabulous? Too bad she's paired up with that nebbish Josh Charles.

The extra playing Damon the tax lawyer was hot.

by Anonymousreply 25504/29/2012

Nice season I want to hide guns and money behind my drywall.

by Anonymousreply 25604/30/2012

So who is Kalinda's husband then? Is it Blake? Any one knows? Any spoilers for season 4? ARe they filming it now? I heard it's due to return in the fall, anyone knows anything about that? TIA

by Anonymousreply 25804/30/2012

Kalinda's husband is a bad bad man. And she gonna face off with him.

by Anonymousreply 25904/30/2012

This show is only interesting when it focuses on Kalinda. She shoukd be the main character.

by Anonymousreply 26005/01/2012

R260, excellent point. Probably never happen, alas, especially with Julianna Marguelies having a producer credit.

To the poster who mentioned Julianne Nicholson: I agree she looked fab, and I think she's grown a lot as an actress since Law&Order Criminal Intent. Like the longer hair better, too.

by Anonymousreply 26105/01/2012

Great season finale. So much to look forward to. Kalinda is hot!

by Anonymousreply 26205/01/2012

A review of the "The Good Wife" season finale coming up just as soon as I pick out the right sledgehammer...

It's practically a TV critic cliché (and one I've used a time or three) by this point to say that "The Good Wife" blends the best of what you can do with a network drama (accessible storytelling, familiar faces) and what you can do with one on cable (moral ambiguity, more long-term plotting). The show's season 3 finale, "The Dream Team," exemplified all of that.

It brought back two of the show's best individual rival attorneys — Michael J. Fox's shameless Louis Canning and Martha Plimpton's devious Patti Nyholm — and let them team up in an attack on Lockhart Gardner. It was pure pleasure to watch Fox and Plimpton working side by side, and even though we're supposed to be rooting for Alicia, Diane and Will, it's hard not to enjoy the bad guys running such a successful con (distracting Lockhart Gardner with a nuisance suit while they were busy poaching one of the firm's biggest clients) and putting our heroes into a very tenuous position going into next season.

At the same time, the finale continued to tug at the messy thread involving Kalinda's IRS problem, and the past she's kept hidden, which includes a husband so dangerous she waits for him with a loaded gun under her seat. (And that's only after she decides she likes her current life enough to not just run away from it like she presumably ran away from this guy.) And it continued to do a bang-up job dealing with the messy realities of Alicia's relationship with Peter (who puts his concern for Alicia's well-being ahead of his political ambitions by going on record about their separation), with her hated mother-in-law (Alicia is the only one who can see that the stroke took more out of Jackie than it seemed at first), and with Will (who takes a very different, much more awkward elevator ride with Alicia than they had at the end of last season).

It was among the best hours of "The Good Wife" this season: surprising without feeling manipulative, funny (particularly Patti and Andrew Wiley approaching Kalinda with The Double Strollers of Doom) without the comedy feeling shoehorned, and hitting the right emotional notes for Alicia, Kalinda and Peter.

At the same time, "The Dream Team" was also a reminder of the thing that will always clearly separate "The Good Wife" from its cable counterparts. Where they only have to produce 13 episodes a year (or fewer, in some cases), "The Good Wife" still operates on the traditional network model of 22 per season. On the one hand, if you love "The Good Wife," you get more "Good Wife." On the other, the cable model shows that less can often be more: that your story arcs are tighter and that you don't have to pad things out just to fill time and make sure certain events don't happen until the finale.

A lot happened this season on "The Good Wife," and while some of it was terrific, other parts were forgettable. In the finale, for instance, Alicia spent her first concentrated time with her kids in what felt like forever. And while that relationship is a huge part of the show — and a huge part of the tug Alicia still feels towards Peter — and while the kids' stories can sometimes be interesting, I realized when watching them in the finale how little I had missed them. And though Louis and Patti are always a ton of fun when they're around, there are many other Lockhart Gardner cases of the week that tend to drag.

And because Kalinda's backstory — and the trouble she's frequently in with various ex-lovers and/or rivals — is so long and complicated, I find I sometimes lose track of it, especially since these 22 episodes aired over the course of seven months, with gaps in between batches of episodes.

It was a good season overall, and an excellent finale. Every now and then, though, I wonder what this show would be like if Robert and Michelle King were told, "Okay, you're just making 13 episodes, and we want you to go full-speed ahead with them."

by Anonymousreply 26305/01/2012

>>>It brought back two of the show's best individual rival attorneys — Michael J. Fox's shameless Louis Canning and Martha Plimpton's devious Patti Nyholm — and let them team up in an attack on Lockhart Gardner. It was pure pleasure to watch Fox and Plimpton working side by side

No it wasn't. That was a waste of time. I would rather they shown a little bit more about Kalinda's past or anything other than the Fox/Plimpton waste of time garbage

by Anonymousreply 26405/07/2012

Michael J. Fox is irritating to watch. Martha Plimpton looks too much like Amy Sedaris (who I'd rather have seen returned).

by Anonymousreply 26505/12/2012

Does anything think Kalinda and Alicia might ever have sex?

by Anonymousreply 26605/13/2012

Some of us things think it a lot.

by Anonymousreply 26705/13/2012

Ha!. Anyone*

Does ANYONE think Kalinda and Alicia might have sex?

by Anonymousreply 26805/13/2012

Won't ever happen, r268.

by Anonymousreply 26905/13/2012

But there will be lots of tease and subtext.

Which is also fun.

by Anonymousreply 27005/13/2012

I wonder of the two of them will have sex, but I dont care all that much.

It would be disappointing to see Kalina end up with a man. That has been done to death. Far more interesting to see her set up shop with a female character.

by Anonymousreply 27105/14/2012

Nathan Lane, Maura Tierney and Kristen Chenoweth are all joining TGW in recurring roles next season. British actor Marc Warren has been cast as Nick, Kalinda's psycho ex husband.

Chenoweth will play a snooping reporter out to get dirt on Peter Florrick. I'd love it if she ended up in bed with the son Zach and Alicia bursts in and yells "Not with MY son!" And then Kristen's character is found dead at the bottom of a stairway and it becomes a big ol' whodunnit.

by Anonymousreply 27207/04/2012

That's interesting, I was just watching him in "Band of Brothers"...I'm surprised he is 45. Looks younger.

by Anonymousreply 27307/05/2012

Looking forward to the season premiere on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 27409/27/2012

Tonight is the 1st show...we left Kalinda, with a gun, waiting for her husband to return....

by Anonymousreply 27509/30/2012

I thought it was a strong opener. I like all of the political intrigue with Peter and the police. Ari is great, as usual. I love that David Lee is staying with the firm and how he announced it. I still find Alicia's kids annoying.

by Anonymousreply 27610/01/2012

Kalinda fucking a man -- ugh.

by Anonymousreply 27710/01/2012

Couldn't sleep last night thinking about Kalinda in her bustier... We definitely need more of that

by Anonymousreply 27810/01/2012

Between The Race, Good Wife & The Mentalist, Sunday has become a great night for TV.

Oh my God, I'm old.

by Anonymousreply 27910/01/2012

Disappointed in Kalinda...but it was a strong opening to the season.

What did people think of Nathan Lane?

by Anonymousreply 28010/02/2012

I liked that Nathan Lane was low-key, for a change.

by Anonymousreply 28110/02/2012

Of course, Kalinda's not ending up with the ex-husband.

It would be horribly predictable for her to end up with a man, however.

by Anonymousreply 28210/03/2012

and Stockard Channing is joining this season and will play Alicia's mother, which is sort of brilliant casting if you ask me. And I pray to god she bitch slaps Kalinda.

by Anonymousreply 28310/03/2012

Malinda's ex and Carey will have sex. Somebody please do SOMETHING with Margulies's hair. It's distracting. It doesn't have to look great just real.

How can they make the kids less annoying? I like the story line with Zack and the popo. And Peters obvious conflict with police coming up.

Is the mother-in-law dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 28410/03/2012

R284, I forgot about crazy Jackie, which means this must be a good season so far. I always love watching her and Alicia go at it. How about the scene with the ice cream cone last night?!

by Anonymousreply 28510/08/2012

Jackie's back...and driving Alan Cuming crazy. hahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 28610/25/2012

No one's watching?

by Anonymousreply 28711/13/2012

Not many of us, apparently. There's a newer GW thread here:

by Anonymousreply 28811/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!