Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dear Diana Nyad -

I love you, I'll cheer for you but, I think it's time you stop this. You're in your 50s, you've been trying to swim from Florida to Cuba since the 1970s and fail every time.

I think it just isn't meant to be; this isn't your calling. You've inspired lots of people but at this point, you're beginning to look silly.

by Mother Naturereply 5609/04/2013

She's not in her 50s. She's 62.

by Mother Naturereply 209/25/2011

I agree, OP. Instead of feeling inspired, as is her intent, I'm feeling sorry for her. She's delusional if she thinks she can do it -- though I am not for a second taking away from her tremendous fitness level or courage -- and she's gone into debt over this.

by Mother Naturereply 309/25/2011

why can't she just rent a boat?

by Mother Naturereply 409/25/2011

Stop trying to make FETCH happen!

(or your swim)

by Mother Naturereply 509/25/2011

Mmmmm. Keep 'em coming.

by Mother Naturereply 609/25/2011

Diana is doing it again! She needs our support.

by Mother Naturereply 707/06/2013

[quote]She needs our support.

I don't support crazy people.

by Mother Naturereply 807/06/2013

She has a personal goal that she really want to accomplish and I want her to as well.

by Mother Naturereply 907/06/2013

She's like a Tracy Ullman character.

by Mother Naturereply 1007/06/2013

She won't make it. It will be the same story, she'll vomit in the water, her back will hurt, she will be tired, there's jelly fish, there's man o wars in the water. NOTHING will happen. Just pr.

by Mother Naturereply 1107/06/2013

Maybe Diana could call Australian swimmer Susie Maroney who 1998 swam from Mexico to Cuba and in 1999 swam from Jamaica to Cuba to ask for a few pointers. She'll need to keep in mind that Susie is bat shit crazy but still managed the swim without being eaten alive by sea creatures. Or she could google "jellyfish season" or "how to construct a shark cage".

The poor love needs a better plan than " oh look its sunny outside, I might go for a swim"

by Mother Naturereply 1207/06/2013

Diana explains the challenges of the Cuba to Florida swim.

by Mother Naturereply 1307/11/2013

Say what, bitches?

by Mother Naturereply 1409/03/2013

She did it, so suck it, bitches!

by Mother Naturereply 1609/03/2013

She'll smell like salted cod for the rest of her life.

by Mother Naturereply 1809/03/2013

She seems kind of nuts.

by Mother Naturereply 1909/03/2013

Jealous bitches, most of ya'. Can't she even get an "Atta' girl" for a great accomplishment?

by Mother Naturereply 2009/03/2013

She damn well gets an "Atta girl" from me. What a woman!

by Mother Naturereply 2109/03/2013

Suck it haters she did it! Congrats!

by Mother Naturereply 2209/03/2013

Man, you gotta love the DL. Bitches can find a way to hate on a 64 year old sistah who accomplished a lifelong goal after giving up hope for decades.

Why don't you twisted bitches set some damn goals for yourselves beyond putting someone down who actually DID something in order to make yourselves feel better.

I don't know the woman. She might be crazy but she has done something that can give all you lousy whores some inspiration if you are willing to put down the knives for a few fucking seconds and think about it.

by Mother Naturereply 2309/03/2013

Actually, she turned 64 in August.

by Mother Naturereply 2409/03/2013

She is a hero. Plain and simple.

by Mother Naturereply 2609/03/2013

Isn't this one of those swims where basically you have a boat next to you every step of the way and you sleep at night and start again in the morning?

by Mother Naturereply 2709/03/2013

Yes, she saved many lives by her noble sacrifice R26.

by Mother Naturereply 2809/03/2013

Now it's time for big endorsements and sports TV commentary/interview job. DUH!

by Mother Naturereply 2909/03/2013

Heroes come in many forms. They are not just about people who "save lives." Nyad is a reminder that we can pursue our dreams at any age, to never ever ever give up. She is a wonderful role model in that regard.

R28? Not so much.

by Mother Naturereply 3009/03/2013

[quote]Heroes come in many forms. They are not just about people who "save lives." Nyad is a reminder that we can pursue our dreams at any age, to never ever ever give up.

After numerous attempts during which she had many people on her support team and expended a considerable amount of money she is now the first person to swim from Cuba to Florida without a shark cage. Seriously. That's it. And that makes her "a hero"????

In a country with such low standards, is it any wonder the Kardashians are huge American stars?

by Mother Naturereply 3109/03/2013

Everyone who has tried to swim from Cuba to Florida has had many people on his or her support team. All failed, except for one Australian who used a shark cage that had the added benefit of creating drag that carried her along.

Why so critical of Nyad's accomplishment? Man (and woman) are always pushing the boundaries of human capability. It's how the first marathon was completed, the first triathlon, the first Iron Man, the first swimming of the English channel. It's how we landed a man on the moon, learned to walk upright, invented the lightbulb.

And you compare her to a Kardashian? Sheesh.

by Mother Naturereply 3209/03/2013

Her lips were so swollen when she finished on Sunday, she looked like she'd been working a glory hole all weekend.

by Mother Naturereply 3309/03/2013

I can easily swim to Cuba by using my ass as an enormous flotation device, bitches.

by Mother Naturereply 3409/03/2013

Did someone call her "whore" when she was being interviewed?

by Mother Naturereply 3509/03/2013

Big deal. I did it when I was 6, on the back of a fucking dolphin.

by Mother Naturereply 3609/03/2013

Do any of you who just loved looking down on her possibly think you might reflect at how truly meanspirited and fucked up you were.

And by the way, even if she had never made it, you'd still have been equally meanspirited and fucked up in demeaning her dreams. But perhaps, just perhaps, by seeing her succeed, you'll realize how rancorous and unattractive it is to take so much delight in being a naysayer.

by Mother Naturereply 3709/03/2013

Did she really swim for 50-something hours straight or did she rest in the water or on the boat?

by Mother Naturereply 3809/03/2013

I was born and raised in Miami and Diana Nyad has been a part of southern Florida culture and history for a very long time. Congrats to her and I hope she can now just sit back and enjoy her life. She has earned it and she finally accomplished what she set out to do a long time ago.

by Mother Naturereply 3909/03/2013

She didn't rest on a boat but I believe she stopped swimming at times and just tread water. This is an AMAZING accomplishment especially for someone her age.

by Mother Naturereply 4009/03/2013

Meanwhile, OP hasn't moved from his couch since starting this thread in 2011.

by Mother Naturereply 4109/03/2013

I am totally in awe of Diana "Naiad" Nayad!

by Mother Naturereply 4209/03/2013

Is she an out lesbian?

by Mother Naturereply 4309/03/2013

Dear Mother Nature

Go fuck yourself.

Thank you

by Mother Naturereply 4509/03/2013

53 hours in the water (let alone swimming) is insane.

Humans are not aquatic creatures meant to be exposed to water for such long periods of time.

She's amazing, if not a bit crazy (in a good way).

by Mother Naturereply 4609/03/2013

In awe of Diana Nyad. OP - you suck.

by Mother Naturereply 4709/03/2013

She is a tough mofo. She was vomiting almost from the start because the jellyfish mask forced lots of seawater into her mouth. The rest of us couldn't have pushed thru five minutes of that, forget 53 hours.

by Mother Naturereply 4809/03/2013

They didn't let her stop to eat anything Sunday evening because she was so cold her team was afraid allowing her to stop even for a few minutes to tread water might be perilous to her health.

What an incredible feat.

by Mother Naturereply 4909/03/2013

A big fuck you to that CNN poster at OP's comment.

by Mother Naturereply 5009/03/2013

Ha ha ha.

by Mother Naturereply 5109/03/2013

I'm rarely in awe of anyone these days, but I was so proud of her achievement. And if she's a lesbian even better- one for the team. A testament to what the human body is capable of- even heading toward old age.

When I see these broads at work, obese and sniffling around in sweaters- demanding handicap parking spaces so they don't have to walk 20 more feet- I'm disgusted.

by Mother Naturereply 5209/03/2013

Oh goodie, R52, you got a slam against old fat women in in your congratulatory post!

by Mother Naturereply 5309/03/2013

She rocks - plain and simple. What a tough person she is.

Being in salt water alone for that long is horrific, but to battle all she did is just amazing.

I'll admit, I was stunned when she actually finished this time and thought it was sad she was still trying.

But fuck did she prove us wrong. Good for her!

by Mother Naturereply 5409/03/2013

What mean spirited cunts.

by Mother Naturereply 5509/03/2013

I am still in awe and it's been 2 days.

by Mother Naturereply 5609/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!