Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Carla Hall On a New Show, "The Chew" on ABC

The Chew celebrates and explores life through food, with a group of dynamic, engaging, fun, relatable co-hosts who serve up everything to do with food -- from cooking and home entertaining to food trends, restaurants, holidays and more -- all aimed at making life better, fuller and more fun. It is broadcast live, weekdays, from New York City.

The Chew stars Mario Batali, Michael Symon, Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly and Daphne Oz.

The Chew premieres September 26 at 1 et/12 pt/c.

by Anonymousreply 1910/25/2013

Isn't Clinton Kelly the guy from the TLC show What Not to Wear? If it's the same guy, I don't get why he'd be on a show about food, unlless he's on toshow how to get food stains out of a dress.

by Anonymousreply 109/21/2011

With a name like "The Chew", it would mean something completely different on the Country Music Channel, and the show would feature a dentist and a large spittoon.

by Anonymousreply 209/21/2011

I hate daytime programming, but hope they pay Carla Hall a fortune. Of all of the contestants and "reality stars" who are "found" and given opportunities on other shows, I'd be most happy for her success.

by Anonymousreply 309/21/2011

I love Carla, but this will flop even worse than Anderson's talk show. Carla is the only charismatic one. Everyone else on that panel is not TV friendly and will not connect with the target audience.

by Anonymousreply 409/21/2011

Too bad The Chew isn't One Life to Live's replacement. I mean ... Carla Hall??????

by Anonymousreply 509/21/2011

Carla Hall seems cute and interesting, but she looks like a biracial female version of Groucho Marx (sans mustache).

And Daphne Oz is short and dumpy. Hard to believe she's the offspring of a dark and swarthy hot daddy. At least she's smart (Princeton).

by Anonymousreply 609/21/2011

Piss off, r5.

by Anonymousreply 709/21/2011

If they purposely set out to hire the single most unattractive cast in the history of TV, then the casting agent is a fucking genius.

by Anonymousreply 809/21/2011

I don't know where they expect to get the audience for this thing.

ABC's former soap viewers will be staying away in droves.

by Anonymousreply 909/21/2011

[quote]If they purposely set out to hire the single most unattractive cast in the history of TV, then the casting agent is a fucking genius.

Gwyneth! You should be happy for your "dear friend, Mario Batali."

by Anonymousreply 1009/21/2011

What a stupid name, but I will give it a peak because I really like Symon-- except for that laugh.

by Anonymousreply 1109/22/2011

I adore Carla. I'll watch just for her even though I hate Batali with the heat of a thousand suns.

by Anonymousreply 1209/22/2011

I didn't know Carla had her own little cookie shop. You can purchase online!

by Anonymousreply 1309/22/2011

She reminds me of an ostrich.

by Anonymousreply 1505/04/2013

Why are there so many PR bullshit threads on DL now?

by Anonymousreply 1605/04/2013

Its a shame they put this most boring,un=talented bunch of losers on instead of Emeril or Giada or bobby flay..I mean, people with some class while they cook.If I wanted to watch ditzy igonorence, I would watch Sandra lee or cartoons.what an insult to Americans and the rest of the CHEF'S out there..

by Anonymousreply 1710/25/2013

CHEF'S what, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 1810/25/2013

Reports of the imminent death of "The Chew" were greatly exaggerated.

by Anonymousreply 1910/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!