Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

'The Doctors,' 'Dr. Oz'

I never paid much attention to these shows. But the openings of [italic]The Doctors[/italic] and [italic]Dr. Oz[/italic] have this panic, sensationized openers (regarding a given day's topics).

Are these shows absolute shit? I don't want to tune in something informative that is designed to scare the fuck out of me.

by Anonymousreply 5212/05/2012

Oz advocates a lot of quack shit like acupuncture. Both shows are sponsored by drug companies.

All fame-whores, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. Frau favourites, too. My mum loves them.

by Anonymousreply 109/21/2011

Not that R1 is wrong.... but Dr Oz does repeatedly emphasize losing weight and exercising, along with all the colonics and acupuncture he promotes. So at least there's that.

by Anonymousreply 209/21/2011

Yes, r2, but that's common sense.

We all know that. It's not like all the fat oozing fraus who watch them don't know this.

by Anonymousreply 309/21/2011

Dr. Oz has guests who are total crackpots.

by Anonymousreply 409/21/2011

I used to like Dr. Oz, but about 80% of what he says is just common sense, and the other 20% is crap. His demographic is women who read Oprah magazine.

by Anonymousreply 509/22/2011

My favorite is the frau Facebook posts the day after Dr. Oz says something which is just common sense. For example, they'll link to a story about how healthy blueberries are. Wow, imagine that, blueberries are healthy! A lot of his audience likes to believe the magic cures ("Dr Oz says if I drink green tea, I'll be skinny!"). Both shows are shit.

by Anonymousreply 609/22/2011

The Doctors has gone total tabloid. First Ann Coulter and today they had some British bitch on who gave her seven year old daughter a voucher for plastic surgery. They attacked her and showed the commercial break where she threatened to walk off.

If they have any medical point of view, it's now gone.

by Anonymousreply 709/22/2011

Can't remember where I saw this, but there was a big magazine photo spread of the good doctor and his picture perfect family Thanksgiving. They ate Tofurkey.

by Anonymousreply 809/22/2011

Dr. Oz talks funny, I never understand what he's saying.

by Anonymousreply 909/22/2011

Years ago, Dr Oz left the USA and joined the Turkish army to fight for Islam. Truth.

by Anonymousreply 1009/22/2011

dr. travis is totally doable.

by Anonymousreply 1109/22/2011

Dr. Travis is so sexy. Too bad he's str8.

by Anonymousreply 1203/22/2012

Dr. Oz is a bunch of horseshit. It's for the fraus.

by Anonymousreply 1303/22/2012

They are all pretty ignorant - particularly when it comes to male genital mutilation which they seem to think is acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 1403/22/2012

[quote]The Doctors has gone total tabloid. First Ann Coulter and today they had some British bitch on who gave her seven year old daughter a voucher for plastic surgery.

What the flying fuck would Mann be doing on "The Doctors"? Was she having a consultation about getting a sex change?

Wow, that show really must have lost it's theme.

by Anonymousreply 1503/22/2012

Dr. Oz sometimes features the doctor who is featured on Fox News broadcasts. I don't know his name but he's right-wing and homophobic. He's gone record as saying being gay is a choice, transgendered people have mental conditions, same-sex families are wrong and when Chaz Bono was on "Dancing With The Stars" said Chaz would confuse young viewers and change their sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 1603/22/2012

Dr. Oz promotes the use of colonics?

by Anonymousreply 1703/22/2012

[quote] Oz advocates a lot of quack shit like acupuncture. Both shows are sponsored by drug companies.

So which is it? Alternative medicine or Western? You know drug companies are NOT supportive of anything alternative (aka patentable) and go out of their way to try and ban it all!

Anyway, how many f'ing shows can Dr. Oz possibly do about weight loss? Bore me. They're obviously out of show topics.

by Anonymousreply 1803/22/2012

Dr. Oz has admitted that he goes commando and apparently has done so on his show, that gives him a plus from me.

by Anonymousreply 1903/22/2012

I like Dr. Oz for being open to alternative medicine. It's strange that people are so defensive about so-called "modern" medicine that is all about either drugs or surgery, both of which are invasive and kill patients.

by Anonymousreply 2003/23/2012

Dr Oz has a horrible body so you know he's straight and the ONLY reason "The Doctors" is on is because of Travis Stork. Sad the guy could be helping humanity by being an ER physician, which he is trained for. No instead he hawks faux cures on TV and spouts fads, something any actor could do, reading lines off something a real doctor wrote. You're a sell out and a disgrace Dr Stork.

by Anonymousreply 2103/23/2012

"The Doctors" is frightening. On one show, the plastic surgeon guy sad that people with severe depression need to snap out of it. They also recommended a laser treatment device to be used on the face when the makers explicitly state that can't be used on the face.

Oz was (is?)a famous heart surgeon, but he has lost all credibility with his "Dr. Phil-like" franchising of his family members. A book by his kid? He's a sack of excrement.

by Anonymousreply 2203/23/2012

It was Oz who exposed mercury in apple juice, which at first the manufacturers denied.

by Anonymousreply 2303/23/2012

r1 thinks acupucture is quackery. Tell that to Asians who've used it for centuries.

by Anonymousreply 2403/23/2012

When Oz said sugar has no effect on hyperactivity in kids I knew he has some financial connection to cereal companies.

by Anonymousreply 2503/23/2012

Anyone remember the name of the bread with strange sounding German name that Oz recommended as being low in carbs? Have looked in Whole Foods, Trader Joe's with no luck. Nothing on his site.

by Anonymousreply 2603/23/2012

ezekiel bread

by Anonymousreply 2703/23/2012

[quote]So which is it? Alternative medicine or Western?

Drug companies are going to advertise on shows where they know there is a large, susceptible audience. And they know that no matter how much alternative medicine is discussed, most of the people watching are still going to reach for a magic pill when something is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 2803/23/2012

[quote]Years ago, Dr Oz left the USA and joined the Turkish army to fight for Islam. Truth.

It's "truth" only in a world dominated by complete morons like yourself. I also recall you saying the same thing in every other Oz thread. Hopefully since initially posting this, you've done the world a favor and dropped dead.

R2, I don't watch the show on a regular basis, but years ago when he was on Oprah, he stated he was against them because you're potentially getting rid of the good bacteria in your system when continuously doing them.

I find it hard to believe that he's done a 180 on this one.

I also find it hard to believe that Big Pharma would sponsor his show since a lot of what he recommends is holistic and counter to traditional, western medicine.

by Anonymousreply 2903/23/2012

Dr Oz gives out dangerous info outside of his specialty. For instance, he tells people to stick a needle through a zit instead of popping it.

Jesus H. Fucking Christ

by Anonymousreply 3003/23/2012

"Dr. Oz" is a creepy looking fucker, and if he's big on acupuncture and holistic therapies and all of that shit, then he is a creepy fucker.

The other show I've never heard of. Who the fuck watches the shit for advice?

by Anonymousreply 3103/23/2012

[quote]Dr Oz gives out dangerous info outside of his specialty. For instance, he tells people to stick a needle through a zit instead of popping it.

Does he mean stick a needle through the side a the head of the zit to pop it instead of squeezing it? That's what I do. It causes less damage.

by Anonymousreply 3203/23/2012

If only Travis Stork would find more excuses to take his shirt off. There's only so many times they can film you sitting in an ice bath or having an EKG or running on a treadmill or sitting in a dunk tank for charity.

by Anonymousreply 3303/23/2012

Lets just say Dr. Ozs advice is "agenda driven" and leave it at that.

Make sure you get multiple different validation sources on all TV advice you receive these days. That is the new and permanent reality.

by Anonymousreply 3403/23/2012

[quote]Make sure you get multiple different validation sources on all TV advice you receive these days. That is the new and permanent reality.

Or, assuming you have some genuine indication of an ailment, you could go see a real doctor rather than rely on some reptilian "celebrity doctor" to feed the insecurities of the idiot class.

by Anonymousreply 3503/23/2012

I believe seeing an actual doctor qualifies as 1 difference validation source R35. But don't assume Doctors are guaranteed accurate either.

The world is being flooded with Doctors educated outside of Western Schools and many American Doctors making medical decisions influenced by what Jesus, Allah or more likely the Pharmaceutical Companies tell them, is alarmingly common practice today.

Everyone has to multiple source these days and not just with medical advice. The higher quality your sources, the better decision you will make.

by Anonymousreply 3603/23/2012

Dr. Travis's feets

by Anonymousreply 3703/23/2012

R36: I'm all for being skeptical and for being informed by multiple sources, but reasonable skepticism suggests that "Dr. Oz" type shows are not even a good starting point for information -- and certainly not a stopping point or even a checkpoint.

by Anonymousreply 3803/23/2012

Whenever I fly by The Doctors, I always think Travis is thats hot Survivor doctor who wanted Charlie's cock. They look like twins to me.

by Anonymousreply 3903/23/2012

Used to think Dr. Travis was so hot but then saw a show and he was barefoot. I seriously believe he is the hottest guy with the absolute ugliest feet I have ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 4003/23/2012

Travis Stork has a flat ass. Killed whatever hotness he had for me in an instant.

by Anonymousreply 4103/23/2012

What's wrong with his feet, R40? Evolution toe? That's a buzzkill for me.

by Anonymousreply 4203/23/2012

R42, the toes are bent to and fro, curved, and different lengths. Basically everything ugly all at once. And you can tell he never bothers with the grooming.

by Anonymousreply 4303/23/2012

One of my doctors appears periodically on the show "The Doctors". In fact, she was just on this week. She told me that the show is totally rehearsed and there's an actual script which The doctors stick to. How much they write and how much is written by staff, I don't know. Not a lot of improvising, which might be due to potential lawsuits. She told me she personally likes Dr. Lisa the OBGYN but didn't have much good to say about the others.

by Anonymousreply 4506/22/2012

R44, you resurrected an old Dr Oz thread just to go on a bigoted tirade? Are you that 39 year old loser who posts racist comments about Obama, too?

Do you bookmark the threads or do you search for "Oz" specifically to write something incredibly stupid?

You truly are a fucking loser.

by Anonymousreply 4606/22/2012

I would like to see Dr Oz and Dr Stork eat out each other's ass.

I bet their both really hairy.

by Anonymousreply 4706/22/2012

You stupid cunt! EVERYTHING is now designed to "scare the fuck" out of you. Dr. Oz says that if you don't close your toilet after you shit and before you flush that millions of feces "germs" are flying all around your bathroom.

JUST REMEMBER THIS TOO: There is something in your house that is slowly killing YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4806/22/2012

[quote] Dr. Oz sometimes features the doctor who is featured on Fox News broadcasts. I don't know his name but he's right-wing and homophobic. He's gone record as saying being gay is a choice, transgendered people have mental conditions, same-sex families are wrong and when Chaz Bono was on "Dancing With The Stars" said Chaz would confuse young viewers and change their sexuality.

Interesting, considering Oz's recent "gay conversion" show. Does anyone know what doctor r16 was referring to? I'm sure Oz thinks gays should "work together" with bigots like his buddy, the Fox News homophobe doctor.

by Anonymousreply 5012/05/2012

Buyer beware. 50% of doctors graduated at the bottom of their class.

by Anonymousreply 5112/05/2012

Stork is cute in a nerdy kind of way. And friggin' hot when he takes his shirt off. (And tiny dicks don't bother me, if that poster speaks the truth.)

by Anonymousreply 5212/05/2012
Need more help? Click Here.