Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sperm bank refusing redhead donors

In a classic case of supply and demand, the world's largest sperm bank is no longer taking donation from redheads.

Cryos in Denmark has reached its capacity of 70 litres of semen and a waiting list of 600 donors - so it can afford to pick and choose.

Director Ole Schou told Danish newspaper Ekstrabladet: "There are too many redheads in relation to demand.

"I do not think you choose a redhead, unless the partner - for example, the sterile male - has red hair, or because the lone woman has a preference for redheads. And that's perhaps not so many, especially in the latter case." He said demand for sperm from redheaded donors came mainly from Ireland, where it sold “like hot cakes”.

by Anonymousreply 4812/07/2012

Do you think any gays who work at sperm banks "sample the merchandise."? I mean if cum guzzling is their thing.

by Anonymousreply 109/19/2011

This is pathetic. It's like shopping for a baby doll and demanding it must have this hair color, skin color, eye color, and all these other requirements. If you're that damn picky and superficial, you probably don't need to be a parent in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 209/19/2011

In that case, I'll be taking donations from those redheads who are so inclined.

by Anonymousreply 309/19/2011

I will bet you blonds are always in short supply

by Anonymousreply 409/19/2011

Fuck 'em.

by Anonymousreply 509/19/2011

Yeah right, they wouldn't refuse my donation.

by Anonymousreply 609/19/2011

mmmmm MM!! 70 litres!

Mama's mussy is quivering just thinking about all that and mama's lips are smacking at the thought of it.

by Anonymousreply 709/19/2011

Isn't red hair usually a family wildcard gene?

by Anonymousreply 809/19/2011

Nobody wants a redheaded test tube baby.

by Anonymousreply 909/19/2011

What the FUCK?!?!

by Anonymousreply 1009/19/2011

I have bright blue eyes, a 32" waist and an aqualine nose. If I ever went to a sperm bank, they would probably roll out the red carpet for me and jerk me off themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1109/19/2011

Obviously, this is an overreaction to Lindsay Lohan’s problems.

Demand may be low right now, but I suspect it will soon begin rising, rising, rising, until it shoots up uncontrollably!

by Anonymousreply 1209/19/2011

Of course, they'll all want boys.

This is kind of icky. I think the husbands have gender identity issues, and this is a way they can "have a guy's baby". I bet they go around boring people with breathless reports about trimesters, cravings and such.

by Anonymousreply 1309/19/2011

Their loss.

by Anonymousreply 1409/19/2011

My parents are both brunettes. Their parents were also all brunettes. Of my parents five children, four of us are flaming redheads. It's a recessive gene. So, unless you get the full family history of someone, or you're an Asian or African-American looking for the same, it's a crapshoot.

by Anonymousreply 1509/19/2011

r15, there's something your mom isn't telling you.

by Anonymousreply 1609/19/2011

They smell funny, and their spunk is bright orange.

by Anonymousreply 1709/19/2011

R15, your mom and I go way back

by Anonymousreply 1809/19/2011

Red hair is totally a recessive gene. Chances are small that a redhead will parent another redhead especially if the other parent has no gingers in the family. My Irish grandmother had a sister with red hair. Grandma had very dark hair. All of her kids were brunette. All of her grandkids were brunette with the exception of one - whose mother is Jewish with a very dark complexion, married to my brown haired cousin. Their looks exactly like my cousin except with the bright red hair. He got Great Aunt Bridie's coloring.

by Anonymousreply 1909/19/2011

Red hair is a vestige from the neanderthals.

by Anonymousreply 2009/19/2011

[quote]Chances are small that a redhead will parent another redhead especially if the other parent has no gingers in the family.

Actually, my redheaded brother and sister married dark skinned Italians and all their children are redheads.

by Anonymousreply 2109/19/2011

[quote]...or you're an Asian or African-American...

What does "American" have to do with any of this?

by Anonymousreply 2209/19/2011

R15, is your last name Farkel?

by Anonymousreply 2309/19/2011

[qupte]This is pathetic. It's like shopping for a baby doll and demanding it must have this hair color, skin color, eye color, and all these other requirements. If you're that damn picky and superficial, you probably don't need to be a parent in the first place.

Oh really?? That's funny coming from a gay man, on a gay board where people are so critical of other people's appearance, men and women. So, one can be critical about someone's appearance for sex purposes but not for a much more important thing such as bringing a new baby into the world?

Yeah, priorities....

by Anonymousreply 2409/19/2011

r24 has a good point. Some of the most hateful vicious people get all self-righteous and sanctimonious when people criticize the things THEY think are sacred cows.

by Anonymousreply 2509/19/2011

If you're that damn picky and superficial, you probably don't need to be a parent in the first place.>>

Usually it has more to do with picking a donor that somewhat resembles the infertile party, to at least try to make the kid look like it could have been a product of the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 2609/19/2011

I guess I can see the "I don't want strangers seeing a red haired baby and thinking my wife fucked someone else". But just from a superficial standpoint, I would have thought redheads would be in demand due to rarity. Blond hair is rare and that's supposedly part of the reason it's prized, true red hair is quite rare and definitely beautiful on a woman. I thought it was just the UK that had a weird 'gingers' complex, but Denmark too?

by Anonymousreply 2709/19/2011

Better an orangutan than a gorilla.

Right?

by Anonymousreply 2809/19/2011

[quote]in Denmark, it's considered an honor to have a red haired child.

Make up your mind Denmark!

by Anonymousreply 2909/19/2011

How do sperm banks prevent incest?

by Anonymousreply 3009/19/2011

Bad:

by Anonymousreply 3109/19/2011

Good:

by Anonymousreply 3209/19/2011

[quote]How do sperm banks prevent incest?

I presume they do DNA testing to determine whether someone is related to a donor.

by Anonymousreply 3309/19/2011

If any of you bitches actually read the article then you would realize that the Sperm Bank has a back stock of spunk from red-haired men. It is not that they are discriminating, it is just that they cannot sell the shit.

Would you expect a store to keep purchasing something that they cannot give away?

by Anonymousreply 3409/19/2011

I, on the other hand, am taking donations all night.

NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 3509/19/2011

As the mom of a red-headed son, this pisses me off.

However, I did learn from various comments to this article that it's pretty surprising my kid has red hair. I'm a dirty-blondish haired white chick and my boyfriend is a light-skinned Latino with dark brown - almost black - hair. Naturally, everyone assumes our kid got the red hair from me (or they figure it's the milkman's kid). But while I don't know of any redheads in my family, my boyfriend had red hair when he was young.

I get lots of comments about how nice my kid's hair color is. I wonder if they're just bullshitting?

by Anonymousreply 3609/21/2011

R36, you have severe issues.

by Anonymousreply 3709/21/2011

"A growing body of research shows that people with red hair need larger doses of anesthesia and often are resistant to local pain blockers like Novocaine..."

by Anonymousreply 3809/21/2011

that's good, more tolerance for drugs, no wonder the Irish love it

by Anonymousreply 3909/21/2011

R24 is a moron, any logic in it's arguing actually goes to show the opposite of what it is trying to say.

Of course one can be picky when it comes to sex partners, the purpose of a sexual encounter is the greatest possible temporary gratification.

When raising a child however, there are (or should be) many greater issues in question than mere appearences.

by Anonymousreply 4009/21/2011

I'm going to have to start dyeing my hair...

by Anonymousreply 4109/21/2011

I'll take a redheaded bukkake donation.

Love the ginger!

by Anonymousreply 4209/24/2011

Prince Harry would fill a pint glass with his big royal stallion rod.

by Anonymousreply 4312/07/2012

[quote]I have bright blue eyes, a 32" waist and an aqualine nose. If I ever went to a sperm bank, they would probably roll out the red carpet for me and jerk me off themselves.

Same here, along with light brown almost blond hair. I am a gay male and I do not ever want to have children, and I cannot even tell you how many people over the years have expressed disappointment with my decision "what a shame to waste your genes" etc... It's like if you're (for lack of a better word) an "Aryan" type it's just too damn bad that you aren't going to reproduce. A lesbian friend of mine who is a tall, thin blue-eyed blonde who also doesn't want children gets the "what a disappointment" remarks even worse than I do.

by Anonymousreply 4412/07/2012

"aqualine nose"

Not if intelligence matters to them...

by Anonymousreply 4512/07/2012

R44, in Scandanavia they would not be impressed-- unless of course they were in need of infertility services.

My Swedish cousin and her friends routine die their yellow-blond hair black, or brown. No one looks twice at a blond in Scandinavia.

by Anonymousreply 4612/07/2012

Sorry *routinely dye*.

{cursed tablet}

by Anonymousreply 4712/07/2012

Send them red heads to my house, I am accepting their sperm. Baby baby, am I ever.

by Anonymousreply 4812/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.