Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who's the poster here so obsessed with the Golden Girls?

There seems to be at least one Golden Girls thread running perpetually on the front page with a new one posted at least once per week.

I love the show also but hasn't it been off the air for like 20 years now?

Is there one person who is just insanely attached to this program or are there really that many people deconstructing everything about it?

by just curiousreply 3403/26/2013

I thought it was funny. Wasn't that Bea thingamee really a chick with a dick? Or was she a 'sista'?

by just curiousreply 109/18/2011

That's like asking why some has been singer like Madonna or Streisand keeps coming up in conversation.

by just curiousreply 209/18/2011

OP = Frieda Claxton

by just curiousreply 309/18/2011

Nothing's new here. We keep knawing on the pop culture bones.

by just curiousreply 409/18/2011

OP, eldergays love the Golden Girls.

by just curiousreply 509/18/2011

Why was Dorothy's class reunion in Miami?

by just curiousreply 609/18/2011

Actually R3, I think OP might Barbara Thorndyke.

by just curiousreply 709/18/2011

OP= Adrianne Barbeau.

by just curiousreply 809/18/2011

Ironically OP you have started a thread that will inevitably turn into a Golden Girls thread, just like all the rest.

by just curiousreply 909/18/2011

OP, whatever your obscure identity finally is determined to be, you do realize that your thread asks us (1) the identity of the person starting Golden Girl threads, which of course we cannot know, and (2) if there is one person keeping the threads going, concerning which troll-dar strongly indicates not.

Sorry, but you're the one who seems potty here, dear. We're neither omniscient nor amazed at people interested in old television shows on a site where Marion Davies is discussed in the present tense and with strong protective emotions.

by just curiousreply 1009/18/2011

I don't know, OP, but thanks for adding to the canon.

by just curiousreply 1109/18/2011

Bump to satisfy OPs wishes.

by just curiousreply 1209/18/2011

The Golden Girls love was rekindled in the 2000s. It's over now, and the elder-gays have still not gotten the memo. No one cares about this stupid show anymore. Most of them are dead anyway.

by just curiousreply 1309/18/2011

Can anyone open the below thread about the Golden Girls DVDs and whether they're uncut? In my browser (Firefox) it claims to have 29 replies but when I click on it I get the spinning "talking to Datalounge servers" page forever and the thread never opens.

Can anyone confirm if the DVDs are uncut or the syndicated edits?

by just curiousreply 1409/19/2011

*hiding in a corner expecting the 'that's not ironic' troll to lambaste R9*

by just curiousreply 1509/19/2011

After reading that thread r14, I discovered that all seasons, except one, are uncut. I bought seasons 1-3 at Best Buy today. The episodes I've watched so far are uncut with a running time of almost 25 minutes per episodes. The episodes shown on Lifetime, etc. run are 20 minutes per episode. So they are cutting almost 5 minutes out per show.

by just curiousreply 1609/19/2011

[quote]*hiding in a corner expecting the 'that's not ironic' troll to lambaste [R9]*

[R9]'s use of "ironically" was appropriate

by just curiousreply 1709/19/2011

Thanks, r16. Wonder why I can't get the thread to open.

by just curiousreply 1809/19/2011

See R5.

by just curiousreply 1909/19/2011

I can't get the "Are the Golden Girls DVDs uncut?" thread to open either.

Which is the season that has the edited versions, r16? I have all seasons on DVD and always assumed that they were all the original, uncut versions.

by just curiousreply 2009/19/2011

The idea that "eldergays" are obsessed with this show is laughable. I'm in my 20s and everyone I know adores this show. A lot of us used to watch the reruns in the 90s with our grandmas.

by just curiousreply 2109/19/2011

Not a big fan. Love Bea but prefer Maude.

by just curiousreply 2209/19/2011

When it was still in production I thought it was as boring as Geritol- never watched it. Now it has some camp value (the fashions and the fact that a series like this would never be greenlighted in today's youth-obsessed culture). It just made me miss Maude.

by just curiousreply 2309/20/2011

That's it, I don't like being intimidated, and frankly OP, I don't like you! And I'm gonna call the school for bad girls, they'll come get you, put you in a sack, take you away, and you will never eat ice-cream or play jump rope again!

by just curiousreply 2409/21/2011

Jesus, you "uncut" trolls are insufferable.

by just curiousreply 2509/21/2011

[quote]We keep knawing on the pop culture bones.

Oh, dear!

by just curiousreply 2609/21/2011

r13: How would you like your rear-end kicked across the street???

by just curiousreply 2703/26/2013

IF you don't like it, OP, you can just drop dead

by just curiousreply 2803/26/2013

OP, I agree. I'm 42 so not hardly a youngster, but the GG person seems to be an older, lonely queen who apparently still thinks it's absolutely the most hysterically funny thing he'd ever seen.

I loved the show and still do, but by this time, even having trying to avoid repeats, I think I must have seen each episode at least three times.

DL has a lot of obsessed, damaged people OP. The Golden Girls troll is just one of them.

by just curiousreply 2903/26/2013

Some tired old queen too enfeeble from gin and Benson & Hedges longs and cheap cologne to have figured out the whole digital TV conversion thing. With the foiled paper from his cigarette packs, he's fashioned a crude antenna of the rabbit ears sort, and cackles with madly when he can make out the old familiar faces of his heyday TV-watching years, back when he had that new fangled cable.

by just curiousreply 3003/26/2013

Why would someone bump this thread after two years?

WTF is wrong with you?

by just curiousreply 3103/26/2013

Sugar, face it, you haven't received your copy of the Gay Agenda yet. Babycakes, there are certain things that EVERY gay man loves (whether we admit it or not)

There are NO exceptions. Welcome to the club. Your copy of the Agenda should be in your mailbox soon.

by just curiousreply 3203/26/2013

I've never noticed that anyone at DL is obsessed with any celeb or TV show. We don't have that type of sicko at DL. My good friend AnnE is sure to agree.

by just curiousreply 3303/26/2013

R14 Bea and Estelle were Jewish, so I'm pretty sure they were cut.

by just curiousreply 3403/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!