Let's post our favorite stories of the unexplained

Mine is the Dyatlov Pass incident.

by Anonymousreply 60004/26/2015

the O'Hare UFO sighting.

by Anonymousreply 209/18/2011

Shag Harbour UFO incident

by Anonymousreply 309/18/2011

Great Amherst Mystery

The girl in the story , Esther Cox, was my great great Aunt. I remember my older relatives talking about this story when i was a kid and it still scares the hell out of me.

by Anonymousreply 509/18/2011

Time Slips in general and the Versailles Time Slip in particular fascinate.

A Time Slip is when one or more people suddenly find themselves in a manifestation of a past reality in the place they are currently occupying. Typical descriptions of the experience include a grim, unhappy feeling and a perceived flatness of the tree-dimensional world around them.

The Versailles Time Slip is the most famous episode. There are longer, better articles to be found online but the link goes to a good concise description.

by Anonymousreply 609/18/2011

Lizzie Borden. I remember being fascinated as a youngster, especially when Bewitched starred in the TV movie.

by Anonymousreply 709/18/2011

Not supernatural, but creepy and weird. They never did find out who this was or why he did it...

by Anonymousreply 809/18/2011

These are interesting. I like the non-ufo sighting ones...

by Anonymousreply 909/18/2011

Time slips are fascinating. I wonder why they feel unhappy though and the perceived flatness. Anyone know anything about physics? Must be like wandering into a film clip?

by Anonymousreply 1009/18/2011

Philadelphia experiment.

by Anonymousreply 1109/18/2011

The Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 1209/18/2011

OP's story sounds like a horror movie, that I've seen before---The Thing?

As far as the time slip, sounds like a couple of women were delusional.

by Anonymousreply 1309/18/2011

The giant penis man of Dorset. Mysterious, and kind of hot.

by Anonymousreply 1409/18/2011

"sounds like a couple of women were delusional."

And possibly lesbians according to someone mentioned in the Wikipedia article below ("lesbian folie a deux). Batty (not cane-y) lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 1509/18/2011

Sarah Jessica Parker being cast as a woman who's desired and pursued by attractive men...

by Anonymousreply 1609/18/2011

Do you think any of it is true? I believe ghosts and spirits. But I do not believe they ever come near crowded human residences. The story of Esther and the like and the rest, the time slip and such they all happened in places where there are few humans wandering around. Which leaves me to conclude that given such similarities. Evil spirits only visit people when they are alone or with few people.

by Anonymousreply 1709/19/2011

I don't know if this is exactly unexplained, I mean it's kind of a no brainer:

by Anonymousreply 1809/19/2011

Mine is how why anyone would watch Dancing with the Stars.

by Anonymousreply 1909/19/2011

R19, my answer is Derek Hough.

by Anonymousreply 2009/19/2011

Those time slip stories are creepy and fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 2109/19/2011

The disappearance and murder of Madalyn Murray O'Hare. I think she was executed by Fundies doing "God's work".

by Anonymousreply 2209/19/2011

The careers and media promotion of most celebrities(in the widest meaning of the word). Must be a conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 2309/19/2011

R21, have you read the one about Versailles? Also, what are some of the others you've heard of?

The book and movie 'Picnic at Hanging Rock' has been speculated to be about a time slip. The author, Joan Lindsay was fascinated with time and might have believed that all periods of time are happening concurrently.

In this interview, Alan Moore mentions a weird experience he had in which he felt as if time wasn't linear and all of it was happening at once:

by Anonymousreply 2409/19/2011

Interesting Joan Lindsay interview that hints at her mystical view of time:

by Anonymousreply 2509/19/2011

Helen Hunt's Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 2609/19/2011

Shit, r6!

Now I'm scared all over again.

Nothing fascinates nor scares me so much as the concept of time. I don't think it exists and that things DO happen all at once. But most people are blissfully ignorant of it.

by Anonymousreply 2809/19/2011

R29, the film is a fake. My cousin was on West Street and she saw and heard it fly into the south tower. Many people did.

by Anonymousreply 3009/19/2011

I'm not so sure, R30.

by Anonymousreply 3109/19/2011

R29, that isn't the same vantage point unless you're crosseyed.

by Anonymousreply 3309/19/2011

The REAL mystery is, why isn't THIS married to a hot chick?

by Anonymousreply 3409/19/2011

Not all time slips involve crazy lesbians .

Here are some ones that happened a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3509/19/2011

Let's not turn this into a 9/11 conspiracy thread. Let's been covered ad nauseum in other threads.

The posts have been very interesting up until this point.

by Anonymousreply 3609/19/2011

My partner and I were going to the theater once in downtown San Diego and as we crossed Broadway there was a group of homeless men on the corner ahead of us. One was wearing a Hannibal Lector type mask, but when we got closer it was gone.

He had no time to remove it. I turned to my partner as we hurried by and said, Did you see that? He said yes. I do not know how that happened.

by Anonymousreply 3709/19/2011

by Anonymousreply 3809/20/2011

Do all of these timeslips take place in beautiful locations in Europe? Have any of them ever occurred in say, a gas station bathroom in New Jersey?

by Anonymousreply 3909/20/2011

Of course time slips are particularly likely to occur when someone famous, like Marie Antoinette is nearby.

Despite the foolishness of the stories - just take a moment to think how ridiculous is the idea that a watch would record a "time slip"- I still get chills when I think of "Picnic at Hanging Rock," the most unforgettably creepy movie ever.

by Anonymousreply 4009/20/2011

The mystery of why people think Anderson Cooper is attractive.

by Anonymousreply 4209/20/2011

Why hasn't Nosferatu chimed in yet?

by Anonymousreply 4309/20/2011

Yesterday after reading this thread, I swear I was visited by a friendly poltergeist who just wanted my attention. He/she started making clinking noises,you know the kind that results from eating at regular intervals outside my room. And I swear I heard a woman yell downstairs. I attributed it to my roommate. But the next day I found that he never even came home yesterday night.

by Anonymousreply 4509/20/2011

There was an interesting post a few years ago by some DLer who swore he had experienced a time slip - it started out pretty interesting but quickly degenerated (as things tend to do around here . . .)

Someone else in the same thread recalled knowing a boy in elementary school that nobody had ever heard of later. It was kinda weird.

by Anonymousreply 4609/20/2011

by Anonymousreply 4709/20/2011

I liked listening to shows like Coast to Coast especially, especially when Art Bell was the host, on long car drives alone through the desert in the Western U.S. It's like having a cold, but familiar, companion with you. Last time I checked, -old programs were on their website but only for paid subscribers. I actually thought of paying for them but rarely have the time to listen to them in leisure.

by Anonymousreply 4809/20/2011

[quote]Time Slips in general and the Versailles Time Slip in particular fascinate.

I was buying into the idea of time slips, and that one in particular, until I got to the part where they saw Marie Antoinette.

Come on, it's just like everyone having been on Napoleon's General Staff, or on board the Titanic, when they start talking about reincarnation.

by Anonymousreply 4909/20/2011

I see your point, R49, but of all the sites in history where strong sad memories of a tragic past might be expected to linger and beckon to us, it's hard to think of a better place than Versailles, a paradise that became a battleground.

by Anonymousreply 5009/21/2011

Mon cher, R50 Au contraire, that place was always a battleground!

by Anonymousreply 5109/21/2011

Exactly, R49

by Anonymousreply 5209/21/2011

We only go to places that will be recognizable to many people and that will get us a book written about us.

by Anonymousreply 5309/21/2011

Yes, but there are many famous ghost stories -- Anne Boleyn, Katherine Howard and Mary Queen of Scots all head their heads cut off and are all said to be ghosts in residence in their various dwellings. Why wouldn't the spirit of Marie Antoinette return to Versailles?

by Anonymousreply 5409/21/2011

The Bloop

by Anonymousreply 5509/21/2011

Ghost Rockets

by Anonymousreply 5609/21/2011

UVB 76

by Anonymousreply 5709/21/2011

[quote]Why wouldn't the spirit of Marie Antoinette return to Versailles?

Because she's dead.

by Anonymousreply 5809/21/2011

The story of the "Marie Celeste" haunted me as a child. It's so creepy.

by Anonymousreply 5909/21/2011

Didn't Einstein have some theory of time as not linear but fluctuating or parallel? I could be wrong but it seems like I read it somewhere. I'm no scientist.

by Anonymousreply 6009/21/2011

The foo fighter sightings during WWII are very difficult to dismiss. There are simply too many reports of them in too many places to think all those pilots weren't seeing something up there. I mean, when experienced bomber crews are reporting almost identical sightings all over Europe and the Pacific at the same time how do you explain it?

by Anonymousreply 6209/21/2011

Well, clarify R61.

by Anonymousreply 6309/21/2011

Personal unexplainable experience... A few years ago I was outside my gym talking on my cell phone when a lady with a dog walked up, interrupted me, and asked to use my phone. Kind of startled and not knowing if it was an emergency, I told my friend I'd call him right back and gave the lady my phone. I then looked down at her dog and it was the exact image of one of my childhood dogs, Tootsie. Not even paying attention to the lady, I bent down and looked into the dog’s eyes and started petting her when I noticed something peculiar... My dog, Tootsie, had been bitten/stung by an insect that made her right ear swell up like a balloon. When the swelling eventually subsided months later, her ear became hard and wrinkled as it shrank from being stretched out... and this dog had *the* same exact disfigured ear. I was kind of stunned and speechless, the lady handed my phone back to me, said thanks and was on her way, with the dog following happily along. The odds of that happening, the same disfigured ear, and same breed are astronomical.

Hope that didn't bore you, make of it what you will, but I have my own theory.

by Anonymousreply 6409/21/2011

R64, I thought that was interesting. Very strange, maybe it meant something.

by Anonymousreply 6509/21/2011

I've also been interested in the Marie Celeste. What a strange story.

by Anonymousreply 6609/21/2011

R48, Google 'streaming Art Bell' and you'll find several pirate streams of the old shows, usually running 24/7.

I think Art's one of the best broadcasters ever, but his show (and Noory's) is best taken as really intriguing entertainment, or in the case of some guests, disinfo.

by Anonymousreply 6709/21/2011

"Numbers stations" creep me out. There are dozens if not hundreds of them on shortwave radio, in all languages, in men's, women's and children's voices.

It's assumed they're spy communiques, but even after decades of them being recorded, no one can say for sure.

You can find recordings of them around the web. They're seriously freaky, like some hybrid of the Cold War and 1984.

by Anonymousreply 6809/21/2011

The Wow! signal.

by Anonymousreply 6909/21/2011

[quote]The book and movie 'Picnic at Hanging Rock' has been speculated to be about a time slip

The movie scares the hell out of me, sooooo creepy.

by Anonymousreply 7009/21/2011

I love these threads. Plenty of procrastination material!

by Anonymousreply 7109/21/2011

"The Springfield Three," three women (a mother and her teenage daughter and the daughter's friend) who vanished without a trace and no sign of a struggle from the mother and daughter's home in Springfield, MO in 1992. Not a single lead in the case has ever developed.

by Anonymousreply 7209/21/2011

What about will o wisps?

by Anonymousreply 7309/21/2011

Top 10 Ghost Ships:

by Anonymousreply 7409/21/2011

by Anonymousreply 7509/21/2011

I've also been fascinated by shortwave oddities, like R68's numbers stations and The Buzzer, posited by some to be some sort of doomsday machine.

The Conet Project released a CD of off-air recordings of numbers stations, creepy samples of which have even shown up in pop music. You can now listen to it or download it for free at

by Anonymousreply 7609/21/2011

Ooh, I love Ghost Ship stories, thanks R74!

[quote]Mine is the Dyatlov Pass incident.

This is really freaky.

by Anonymousreply 7709/21/2011

You're welcome, R77!

by Anonymousreply 7809/21/2011

UVB 76 and Ghost Rockets are the Pinko commies.

The "bloop" is Cthulhu. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 7909/21/2011

That scared me, r80.

Seriously fucked up shit.

by Anonymousreply 8109/21/2011

r80, what exactly is scary with that? Not even particularly good art.

by Anonymousreply 8209/21/2011

by Anonymousreply 8309/21/2011

Why Hilary Swank has TWO fucking Oscars!

by Anonymousreply 8409/22/2011

We spent summers on the south south of Nova Scotioa when I was I kid ( my mom's familt came from there originally) and I remember hearing these loud "BOOM noises wau out in tghe ovean, sounded like cannons being shot off. Sometimes they were strong enough to shake the window panes. Usually on a clear day , no thunder ( which is fairly rare in NS for the most part) The official explanation was that theyt were the sonic booms caused by the Concord crossing the Atlantic.

Well the Concords's been dead for almost a decade, and I was there this summer and the booms are as loud as ever!

Apparently they happen all over the world and have been recorded for hundreds of years.

by Anonymousreply 8509/22/2011

R64 Sorry to burst your bubble, but aural hematoma in dogs and cats result in crinkled up ears, and it's not uncommon. They can even get them from scratching too hard and bursting a blood vessel. That what happened to my cat when she was still a stay with ear mites.

by Anonymousreply 8609/22/2011

r86, I don't think you're at all sorry to burst his bubble, you sloppy cunt. I think you smugly enjoyed bursting his bubble.

by Anonymousreply 8709/22/2011

R85, that's really fascinating. I never heard of this.

by Anonymousreply 8809/22/2011

[quote]"BOOM noises wau out in tghe ovean,

Wow, those Nova Scotians have really thick accents.

by Anonymousreply 8909/22/2011

Well, r82, I guess it's the sounds more than the video. The sounds creep me out.

Admittly, I've been reading too much Lovecraft lately so that might have something to do with it . . . .

by Anonymousreply 9009/22/2011

Thanks, R73, for mentioning "Will-o'-the-wisps". I knew the term only in a narrower meaning and didn't realize it seems to something I see several times a year in a boggy meadow laced with springs in front of my house.

by Anonymousreply 9109/22/2011

I had a time slip years ago. I was in this place that appeared like post war Britain but later, like the 1960s. It was depressing and gray and everyone wore uniforms.

I got the feeling that it was reality and that I was actually dreaming up this world, it was really weird.

A couple other times I've woken up in the middle of the night and had the feeling that I was me but in the wrong place/reality. Some may call that dissociative but it felt real and really hasn't happened in years.

by Anonymousreply 9209/22/2011

More time slips, please.

I'm totally terrified to fall through time but if someone else does it, I want to hear about it!

And tell us how you got back.

by Anonymousreply 9309/22/2011

"And tell us how you got back."

Amtrak, Rose!

by Anonymousreply 9409/22/2011

Here's another Nova Scotia mystery

The Oak Island treasure pit

Said to contain everything from, Captain Kidds' treasure, Marie Antoinettes' jewels, the lost works of Shakespeare to the lost treasure of the Knights Templar/

Must be something there , even Franklin Roosevelt was involved in the treasure hunt.

by Anonymousreply 9509/22/2011

Here's a link with lots of creepy real life stories.

by Anonymousreply 9609/22/2011

The haunting of Mindy Cohn

by Anonymousreply 9709/22/2011

I remember the story of Gettysburg College which was used as a hospital after the battle. Some staff members had taken the elevator and inexplicably it opened in the basement. The passengers were treated to a scene of an operating room/hospital with soldiers and surgeons working on the wounded. They beckoned for them to exit the elevator but instead frantically got the doors closed and ascended to the first floor for a speedy exit. The whole campus is supposedly very haunted.

by Anonymousreply 9809/23/2011

Are you serious R98.

by Anonymousreply 10009/23/2011

Frederick Valentich, a young pilot who disappeared while flying from Australia to Tasmania (?) during the day in calm weather.

His radio reports speak of being followed by bright lights and "unfamiliar shapes". There's a period of silence, followed by a metallic noise and something like "don't follow me". Then silence. No wreckage, no body or trace ever found.

Sightseers in the area also reported seeing strange lights in the sky.

(Sorry, I don;t know how to post a link to wikipedia. Type in Frederick Valentich to get the story.

by Anonymousreply 10209/23/2011

And that has what to do with this topic R101?

by Anonymousreply 10309/23/2011

[R86] didn't and can't burst my bubble. I know what I saw and felt, and most importantly, I know what it meant to me. It will always delight and amaze me.

by Anonymousreply 10409/23/2011

r103, I think that r101 is an unexplained mystery. How fascinating that one happened right before our eyes.

by Anonymousreply 10509/23/2011

Yes R102, very creepy.

by Anonymousreply 10609/23/2011

r99, it was a hearing amplifier, not a cell phone.

by Anonymousreply 10709/23/2011

But why would someone be using a hearing amplifier while walking alone on a busy street? And why do they look/react like anyone today talking on a cell phone? They are clearly talking and smiling as if listening to someone.

I certainly don't buy the time traveler explanation but it is odd.

by Anonymousreply 10809/23/2011

r8, that's weird. Creepy in it's way, but probably just the product of some drunk college kids or something.

Those numbers stations and other shortwave weirdness really creep me out. There's something so unsettling about voices coming through the static from who knows where and for what purpose. I actually bought a shortwave radio years ago when I first read about the numbers stations but I could never get anything to come in. Just as well; I would never be able to get to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 10909/23/2011

What's your theory r64?

by Anonymousreply 11009/23/2011

Spooky bump!

by Anonymousreply 11109/24/2011

Given there were no cell phone towers in 1928, the reception must have been terrible.

by Anonymousreply 11209/24/2011

The Denver International Airport.

WTF is going on out there ?

An apocalyptic horse with glowing red eyes welcoming visitors? Check.

Nightmarish murals? Check.

Strange words and symbols embedded in the floor? Check.

Gargoyles sitting in suitcases? Check.

Runways shaped like a Nazi swastika? Check.

OK, this place is evil.

by Anonymousreply 11309/24/2011

That's fucked up, r113.

I remember hearing about the DIA when it was built but I didn't realize how awful and overt the images are.

That horse is particularly disturbing with NO real purpose.

by Anonymousreply 11409/24/2011

R114 That horse statue killed the man who created it , it fell on him while it was being constructed !

Creep huh ?

by Anonymousreply 11509/24/2011

by Anonymousreply 11609/24/2011

Here's something I've never seen covered in the media. The New World Order Capital City is being built from scratch in a remote and deserted area of the Asian steppes.

Not really "unexplained" but seems odd that I've never heard about it till now.

by Anonymousreply 11709/24/2011

Interesting story on CNN about "Crisis Apparitions."

by Anonymousreply 11809/24/2011

R13 I've never heard any of that before. I don't believe in a New World Order and I don't believe the Nazi Party is going to come back strong to rule the world... but... what could be the exlanation for that hideous and disturbing art, in an airport? Bizarre.

Much of what the author of that article claims as "clear facts" are simply conjecture and opinion, but still, there is all that horrible art on display.

by Anonymousreply 11909/24/2011

Great thread. Keep 'em coming.

by Anonymousreply 12009/24/2011

Morphic Fields & Interspecies Telepathy

Or why "Mr Tingles " is always waiting for you at the door when you get home!

by Anonymousreply 12109/24/2011

The Montauk Monster

* NOT Lizzie Grubman

What was uit ?

A Turtle. a dog, a raccoon, or perhaps a science experiment from the nearby government animal testing facility, the Plum Island Animal Disease Center ?

by Anonymousreply 12209/25/2011

Although it COULD be Lizzie Grubman ( if she had some work done )

by Anonymousreply 12309/25/2011

Here's a science one: the double slit experiment. Bizarre on all levels. Demonstrates that the act of merely observing a quantum particle can change its behavior.

by Anonymousreply 12409/25/2011

When you are on top of Mt. Diablo, curvature of the earth prevents you from seeing Mt. Shasta. However, you can often see Mt. Shasta ANYWAY because of a bizarre reflection property that gives you an image of Mt. Shasta.

by Anonymousreply 12509/26/2011

The Cursed Automobile that Ignited WW!

Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie visited the city in their brand-new six seat, open touring car. As the Graf & Stift approached the corner of Rudolph Street, shots were fired by Gavrilo Princip, a student anarchist. Both Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie were killed, but the Graf & Stift survived the attack unscathed. With this event started a conflict that soon would be known as “the Great War” and that we call now “World War One”.

Some of the horror of that moment seems to have remained alive in the Graf & Stift, because all who owned the car thereafter had their lives cut short or were injured. In the next dozen years, the automobile of Franz Ferdinand was owned by fifteen private parties, was involved in six accidents and took the lives of thirteen people. The Austrian general Potiorek, for instance, who bought the Graf & Stift and after his defeat at the Battle of Valjevo and a trip to Vienna for more disgrace, began having mental problems and died insane in an asylum. We don’t know the name of the next owner, but we do know he was an army captain who died in a crash nine days after buying the cursed car. He was killed together with the two peasants who had walked onto the road in front of him. The captain tried to avoid them by swerving the car, but they were hit and the Graf & Stift got off the road and hit a tree. The governor of Yugoslavia bought the automobile of Franz Ferdinand. During the time he owned the Graf & Stift, he was in four accidents… and lost his arm in the last one. He concluded the Graf & Stift was bad luck. His friend, doctor Sikris, did not believe a car could be cursed. He bought it and six months later the car overturned and doctor Sikris was crushed to death. The next owner was a diamond dealer. He committed suicide. After him came a Swiss racing driver. He crashed into a wall, was thrown out of the car, over the wall, and died on the spot. A Serbian farmer had some trouble getting the ignition to work. He decided to tow the Graf & Stift with his wagon. The automobile fell on him and he died too.

Tiber Hirshfeld was a garage owner, and the very last owner of the haunted Graf & Stift too. Hirshfeld was on his way to a wedding with five close friends. While overtaking dangerously, the cursed car mysteriously spun out of control. Tibert was killed in the crash, together with four of his passengers. This happened in Romania, in 1926. The Machine of Death ended up in the War History Museum of Vienna, where it may still be seen. However, nobody dares drive the Graf & Stift anymore…

by Anonymousreply 12609/26/2011

Reincarnation stories involving babies/very young children speaking in foreign languages and remembering events from different eras.

by Anonymousreply 12709/26/2011

R113 and R114, I was stranded at the Denver International Airport the Friday before Christmas, 1995. Online fling gone bad, I'm wandering the streets of Denver in the cold, make it to the airport with no money (get ticket bought for me cash wired). Place is FORTY miles from the city, and they didn't even sell matches.

Really odd place. The old airport seemed fine.

by Anonymousreply 12809/26/2011

Who shorted the airline stocks right before 9/11?

What about that plane that went down in Queens a few weeks later?

by Anonymousreply 12909/26/2011

Even the Montauk Monster is less frightening than Lizzie Grubman.

by Anonymousreply 13009/26/2011

Wow, this is one creepy fucking picture. Why on earth would stuff like this be in an airport?

by Anonymousreply 13109/26/2011

I grew up on Prince Edward Island and also heard those booms R85. I never knew what they were called until now, thanks for the link.

by Anonymousreply 13209/26/2011

Hey R8- I only recently heard of the Max Headroom event, and I agree- it's creepy. I've only been able to watch 15 seconds or so of the video (I know, Mary!), but I found this. It sounds plausible. But I still can't watch the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 13309/26/2011

ITA, r131.

Why hasn't that set of the TSA and homeland security?

Damned disturbing, it is.

by Anonymousreply 13409/26/2011

The Georgia Guidestones.

Better hope you are included in the 500,000 that will allowed to live , I think this is connected to the creepy DIA Murals somehow.

A message consisting of a set of ten guidelines or principles is engraved on the Georgia Guidestones in eight different languages, one language on each face of the four large upright stones. Moving clockwise around the structure from due north, these languages are: English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian.

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature. Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity. Unite humanity with a living new language. Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court. Avoid petty laws and useless officials. Balance personal rights with social duties. Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite. Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

by Anonymousreply 13509/26/2011

oops , sorry that's 500,000,000 , or half a billion people. Whenever you hear any political figure or environmentalist use the phrase "sustainable level of population" or "sustainability" in general THIS is what they are referring to.

Half a billion co-incidentally is just about the combined populations of people of British origin in :

USA 300 million UK 60 "" Canada 34 Australia 22 South Africa 10 New Zealand 4

Total of British Origin 440 million ( very rough guess ) I guess our European friends might be screwed along with the rest of the world

by Anonymousreply 13609/26/2011

That sort of weird stuff has always fascinated and horrified me, r124.

Did you ever read "The Holographic Universe"?

Basically, there is no scientific basis for the world as we know it. It's just an illusion.

Now why can't I imagine myself independently wealthy and answering to no one?

by Anonymousreply 13709/26/2011

Would love to hear from other posters who have been to the Denver Airport. Your thoughts and perceptions?

These stories make me want to fly there just to see the airport.

by Anonymousreply 13809/26/2011

And here I thought the Denver Airport's biggest problem was that it was filled with phallic symbols.

by Anonymousreply 13909/26/2011

I thought "Sonic Booms" were fairly common back in the day. They sure were when I was growing up in California in the 60s.

by Anonymousreply 14009/26/2011

Dyatlov Pass: bear attack. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 14109/27/2011

A radioactive, flying bear that left no paw prints. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 14209/27/2011

About 15 years ago, I was hanging out at a friend's shop - she had gone to the bank or to get lunch or something, so I was behind the register for a few minutes. There was a customer there, and we were chatting. A very slow day, around 1 in the afternoon.

The door opened. A man came in. He was a little smaller than average height, probably about 35 to 45, with blondish-whitish hair, slightly thinning and dressed in a shapeless black suit of no particular vintage. It could have been 1960s or 1920s. The customer and I both stopped talking and froze.

I don't know how to describe it, but the man in the black suit reeked of evil the way some people would reek of perfume or cigars. You could feel absolute evil at a cellular level... again, I don't really have words for the feeling, particularly since I don't believe in evil as a spiritual concept. But it was terrifying, and even scarier was looking at the normal customer's face and seeing he felt the same thing too.

The black suit guy asked if I could make change. I said something about not being able to open the register. Then he smirked at me for a long moment, turned around, and walked back outside (it was sunny out, a completely normal day).

The normal customer finally said "What in the hell WAS that?" We talked for a minute -- "DId you feel that?" "Fuck, yeah I felt that!" -- and the normal customer left too. When my friend got back, I asked her if she'd ever seen the black-suit guy and she said no.

Years later, I heard about the "Hat Man" phenomenon. This person was real and he wasn't wearing a hat, but the sensations I experienced sound like those experienced by others. I wasn't asleep; another person, a total stranger, had the same experience in the same moment. I don't believe in "shadow people," but I don't know how to explain what happened.

by Anonymousreply 14309/27/2011

It seems strange that the Denver International Airport was not named after some major political or historical figure.

So i put the words "DENVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT" into an online anagram generator

Repatriation Overland Intern International Invader Porter International Invader Report Antipodal Rarer Intervention Trainload Retrain Prevention Railroad Entrap Intervention Rand Proletariat Reinvention National Retrained Overprint Invader Interrelation Patron

by Anonymousreply 14409/27/2011

Now flick back to 1977 and arguably the greatest 'alien' movie ever made - Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Remember when the aliens sent a signal and it was co-ordinates? See link below

W104' 44' 30' N40' 36' 10'

Then put them into Google Earth just the way they are above, copy and paste (Not Google Maps but Google Earth) where do they take you to? You guessed it - Denver International Airport.

I hear you say that maybe Spielberg was having a little joke? One problem with that however - Close Encounters was made SIXTEEN YEARS before Denver International Airport had even been built.

by Anonymousreply 14509/27/2011

I've been there countless times, having to pick up family when they come to visit. It is a weird place, indeed. Have you seen what they are doing with it now? They are remodeling it, an airport that is still so young. They are making it so trains would come right in and dump people off in the terminals and go in underground, which has the conspiracy theorists in an uproar because they think it is really being used to haul people in, like a prison. Just recently, Fox News Denver did a whole story on the theories about DIA and they were allowed in the tunnels, but they didn't really get to the heart of anything. THe latest rumor is that the CIA has moved their offices to the area beneath DIA.

Now, I will tell you, the airport is in the middle of freakin NOWHERE. Unlike every other airport in the world, there are no hotels next to it (although they are supposedly changing this once the remodeling of the airport itself is complete) and they never extended the commuter train to go out there. You drive for quite a bit, surrounded by nothing, I mean nothing. Its location is a pain in the ass. That being said, miles and miles of land surrounding the airport, in all directions, is private property. It is airport property and nothing is being built or will ever be built on this land. This is where the tunnels come into play. There are huge grates speckled across the huge, sprawling airport lands, with grates that have barbwire across it... on the inside. Why would there need to be barbwire on the inside and not the outside

by Anonymousreply 14609/27/2011

R141 whatever it was it was not a bear attack. None of the bodies had claw or teeth damage.

R143 that is creepy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 14709/27/2011

R143, I had a similar experience in Boston circa 1984.

Walking down Beacon St in back of Boston U, the street inclines and you can get a clear view down into Kenmore Sq. I was at the top of the hill looking toward the Square's intersection (about 300 yards away) and one person amongst the throngs of people stood out--I got a distinct, specific feeling of evil regarding this man. At that point I couldn't make out any details about him, but the sense of evil was emanating from him.

I continued walking downhill and he was walking uphill and soon we passed each other on a narrow portion of sidewalk where there was some scaffolding on a building and we had to pass closer together than we usually would have to. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye and he glanced at me. Oh my God. For that split second, I got a feeling of icy cold, white terror and actually felt the impulse to scream at the back of my throat. My heart raced and all thoughts went away in my head, except the thought to scream. (MARY! I know!)

The feeling immediately stopped as soon as we passed, but I thought 'what the HELL was that?!' I also don't tend to believe in evil spirits, but he just didn't feel quite human. He was also similar to as r143 described, slightly smaller in stature, wearing a trench overcoat (I don't remember his hair or if he was wearing a suit).

by Anonymousreply 14809/27/2011

Why do time slips always happen when the person sees someone famous like Marie Antoinette or Napoleon? Isn't it statistically more probable to see some random nobody?

by Anonymousreply 14909/27/2011

Eeek, r143!

That gives me the chills just thinking about it!

No Mary involved. That's creepy and disturbing.

I bet he flew in from the Denver airport!

by Anonymousreply 15009/27/2011

[quote] Now, I will tell you, the airport is in the middle of freakin NOWHERE. Unlike every other airport in the world, there are no hotels next to it

I haven't been there for a long while, the airports bringing one toMoscow were quite far from Moscow and didn't have hotels. That's probably changed now-- they probably have a hotel or two nearby. But they were in the middle of forested areas and seemed more like military installations than international airports.

But that was during the USSR era.

Actually, it makes sense to keep airports outside of major cities because of the potential for crashes as well as terrorism. The airports could provide bus/train service to the city.

Colorado is the home of the USAF, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 15109/27/2011

I don't recall Helsinki's airport having any hotels next to It.

by Anonymousreply 15209/27/2011

R6, I was just reading an article about the Versaille "time slip" in the latest Fortean Times magazine. I had read a lot about it previously (including the book written by the two ladies who experienced it), but this article basically debunked the whole thing - unfortunately. Not that they were lying, but they romanticized and misinterpreted what they saw, plus they didn't even compare notes until months afterwards and they embellished their accounts as the years went on.

R98, I just read Mark Nesbitt's (author who specializes in Gettysburg ghosts) latest book and actually published another account of somebody taking that elevator and getting out in a Civil War hospital - and he received it from somebody completely unaware of the previous one, which I have always also found fascinating if extremely disturbing.

That's why I'm so interested in ghosts - they are like images of past history, and I love history.

by Anonymousreply 15309/27/2011

Here's another longer one from the same guy. Once gain, it scares the hell out of me , mostly just noises, but the way it's filmed makes me think it must be real.

by Anonymousreply 15509/27/2011

One last video ( he only posted the 3 about the ghosts)

Another reason I tend to believe these vids is the fact the guy ( Kevin) doesn't have like 200 or so videos posted about ghosts. He has more videos about his dogs than the ghost .

I've watched hundred if not thousands of so called "ghost videos" on youtube , and these 3 are the best. What are yours?

If anyone sends me a fucking "pop-up screamer video" I'll hunt you down after I'm dead and haunt the shit out of you.

by Anonymousreply 15609/27/2011

That ghost footage is pretty creepy. This guy should have the Ghost Adventures guys investigate his house and see what the spook wants. I'd hate to go to work knowing my dogs were going to be afraid in their own home like that.

by Anonymousreply 15709/28/2011

R143 has me too terrified to go to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 15809/28/2011

If I was that guy I would move.

by Anonymousreply 15909/28/2011

Spontaneous Human Combustion - there was a new case that made the news just last week.

by Anonymousreply 16009/28/2011

Whatever R143 and R148 saw might have felt evil, but it wasn't a "hat man." Hat man refers to entities known as shadow people - which are totally black (sometimes they appear to have red eyes) and usually two dimensional. Oddly, they frequently appear to be wearing hats. There are theories that they are from another dimension and unlike most ghosts, their behavior is often described as aggressive.

Don't visit the link below if you have a weak heart.

by Anonymousreply 16109/28/2011

OK - I'll admit it - I'm not clicking on the poltergeist videos (Mary!) but I will take a look at r161s link.

Shadow people freak me out and I want to be prepared. I wonder if they are like the banshees of old or just manifestations of evil?

by Anonymousreply 16209/28/2011

Yikes, that footage of that ghost or whatever it is walking into the closet @ R156's link is creepy as hell. I [italic]hope[/italic] it's fake.....

by Anonymousreply 16309/28/2011

I saw a show with Jesse Ventura about conspiracies and the episode was all about the Denver airport and the idea that a huge government "bomb shelter" is built under the airport. In the event of nuclear disaster or such, this is where the chosen elite will be flown to.

by Anonymousreply 16409/28/2011

Why are so many theatres haunted ? I know actors tend to be superstitious, but there are hundreds of stories about haunted theatres all over the world.

There is a great one here in Toronto, The Elgin & Winter Garden, that even gives ghost tours !

It;s the last operating Edwardian Double Decker Theatre left in the world ( well worth the tour if you are ever in TO) It sat derelict for years, and when they were restoring it all sorts of strange things happened, the elevators would move & down even though the building how absolutely no electricity at the time, lots of ghost sightings throught the theatres .

by Anonymousreply 16509/28/2011

Ghosts are drama queens.

by Anonymousreply 16609/28/2011

The Wyoming Incident Sept 10, 2007(or The Wyoming Hijacking) is a lesser known case of television broadcast hijacking/hacking. A hacker managed to interrupt broadcasts from a local programming channel (believed to serve several smaller communities in the county of Niobrara) and aired his/her own video. The video contained numerous clips of disembodied, human heads showing various emotions and "poses". The camera position changed often (usually every ten-to-fifteen seconds) and the video was often interrupted by a "SPECIAL PRESENTATION" announcement. This clip is taken from one of these intervals.

The video is mostly locally well-known, and would probably not even be that popular if it were not for the effects it had on the few residents who watched it for an extended period of time. Complaints included vomiting, hallucinations, headaches, etc. While some believed it was paranormal, specialists have determined that the cause of these afflictions were frequencies played regularly throughout the broadcast. In this clip, the frequency being played is somewhere between 17 and 19 hz. This range of frequency, when played for long periods of time, causes the eyes to subtly vibrate, sometimes inducing visual hallucinations.

This video is significant in that is one of the most recent television hijackings. Such actions were rare even in the '80s (search for Chicago Max Headroom Incident) and are even more rare today. The hacker has not yet been caught, and all attempts to trace the video have proven futile.

by Anonymousreply 16709/29/2011

I saw that episode, too, r164 but I don't remember that God-awful horse or those murals being mentioned.

Do you recall if they were on the show?

by Anonymousreply 16809/29/2011

Yes they did show them and suggested that they tied in because they depict end of the world.

by Anonymousreply 16909/29/2011

That Denver airport is the creepiest thing I've seen in years. But a question--why would the Illuminati be so unsubtle with their decoration/design? Or is this just a combination of arrogance and their deep need to have enormous symbols of their religion everywhere? Serious question.

by Anonymousreply 17009/29/2011

John Titor, time traveller

by Anonymousreply 17109/29/2011

Uhm, the Wyoming thing is fake. If you read the description at the YouTube link it says this:

Since this video has contributed to a rise in stupidity, I'll set this straight off the back. Pay attention, stupid questions will get stupid responses.

These videos were part of a "game" created by the folks at SomethingAwful, and they were about a fictional TV hijacking.

This video was originally made to show how the hijack MAY have been presented if a TV station in Wyoming was really hijacked. But now that the "game" is over, this is somewhat of an archive of the videos since the original uploader pulled them off YouTube.

To put it simple: It's Fake.

by Anonymousreply 17209/29/2011

Wired has just put up an extensive article about UVB-76/The Buzzer which just adds to the strangeness.

Numbers station weirdos here may want to Google for the QTH Spooks List, an email compilation of interceptions of weird stations that tipped the Wired article today. I just bought an inexpensive Sony 7600G radio and a simple outdoor antenna which will be pressed into service over the winter checking 'em out.

by Anonymousreply 17309/29/2011

I'll dismiss most the weird art and symbols at the Denver airport as being just that, weird art, but the fact that they built 2 complete runways and then covered them up again with 4 inches of dirt (because, Oops, we built them in the wrong place) is beyond belief.

The fact that the two buried runways are longer than any runways in use at DIA, longer than the runways used to land the space shuttle even, make me wonder even more.

by Anonymousreply 17409/29/2011

The Wyoming incident seems mostly like a weird art project.

To practiced eyes, it's not the real deal mostly because of the 'snowy' transitions into and out of the 'pirate' TV has no 'snow.'

Even small TV market stations have switched to digital microwave Studio to Transmitter Links (STLs)...the vulnerable point at which hackers could substitute programming has now become pretty resistant to hacking with the switch to digital. Plus, American standard ATSC signal generation isn't widely available in any inexpensive form at the moment, meaning that digital TV pirates would likely have to steal the digital encoder boxes rather than replicate them on computer hardware.

Still, it's creepy and fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 17509/29/2011

If you go into a time slip, do people in the alternate time see you? I mean, if you are anachronistically dressed, I can imagine it would cause quite a stir.

by Anonymousreply 17609/29/2011

Those numbers stations are intriguing. How much do shortwave radios cost. Sounds like an interesting hobby and could be useful someday too.

by Anonymousreply 17709/29/2011

FEMA Camp at Beech Grove Indiana, Amtrak Facility.

Very spooky footage.... old train cars, towers, reverse barbed wire, huge furnaces, giant stacks of millions of plastic coffins/ Train cars with benches and shackles with tracks that go into the facility through gates that lock once the trains are inside.

Not sure what it's for but if FEMA ever asks you to get on a train to evacuate, you may want to think twice.

by Anonymousreply 17809/29/2011

Thanks R178. That's creepy since I just watched The Crazies last night with the military shipping off and executing citizens.

by Anonymousreply 17909/29/2011

Sorry, r156. I'm a video editor and you can clearly see that in those videos the camera was messed with. There is a dissolved that happens right after the "ghost" goes into the room. Which means someone turned off the camera, did something, then turned it back on again and edited the pieces together. Same thing happens in the attic. That the light in the attic goes off right before we see something else tossed around the room is also suspect. There's clearly a dissolve in that footage too. The "lockdown" camera is one of the easiest ways to fake things. Camera is locked down so it's easy to shut it off and turn it back on several times to make it seem seamless.

by Anonymousreply 18009/29/2011

Bumpity bump. Too good to disappear.

by Anonymousreply 18109/29/2011

I stumbled across this and it's creepy sounding.

by Anonymousreply 18209/29/2011

R154, those videos seem suspicious to me. The most obvious thing was the paper towel roll left extending off the table in the first video; it looks purposely set up to allow it to be catapulted. Randomly leaving the camera going when he takes the dogs out in the third video also seems suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 18309/29/2011

That was my point, r154. Who does that? And isn't it convenient that the camera just happens to be left pointing at the very area where things just happen to occur? I'd believe it more if it weren't for the fact that every single one of those videos is shot the exact same way. And that the dissolves are clearly visible.

by Anonymousreply 18409/29/2011

Nosferatu is a vampire, you nimrods. You mean Nostradamus.

by Anonymousreply 18509/29/2011

Welcome to DL, newbie/r185. How long have you been here?

by Anonymousreply 18609/29/2011

[quote] Those numbers stations are intriguing. How much do shortwave radios cost. Sounds like an interesting hobby and could be useful someday.

The Sony 7600GR is $140 at Amazon, a good price. It's quite a nice radio which sounds great and has synchronous detection...useful for cleaning up interference you often find on shortwave.

Amazon also has the Kaito KA-1102, a good choice to started in the hobby and it's only $70. Like the Sony, it's sensitive enough to pick up many of the mystery stations, and both get single side band, a must for picking up some SW stations.

An external antenna is a must for numbers stations, which are relatively weak. Sony and Kaito sell identical, roll up antennas for $10, the ANT-60 and AN-03L respectively. Tack up inside or drop the end out of an upstairs window to get started easily.

You'd be surprised at the variety of people who get hooked on these radio's fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 18709/29/2011

Collection of EVPs (electronic voice phenomena) from Brendan Cook and Barbara McBeath of the Ghost Investigators Society. Cook and McBeath and their group are on the up-and-up. EVPs are ambiguous and can seem "cooked," but these people are sincere and try to enforce appropriate protocols in their research of "haunted" sites.

by Anonymousreply 18809/30/2011

Well, thanks to this thread I was unable to sleep because I was convinced I would see strange figures or the Hatman by my bed. So here I am at 4:30 am CT and still up. Maybe the benedryl I took will kick in. Just glad I don't have to work tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 18909/30/2011

[quote]The disappearance and murder of Madalyn Murray O'Hare. I think she was executed by Fundies doing "God's work".

You clearly don't know what you're talking about, r22. Murray O'Hair (note the correct spelling of her last name) and her son and granddaughter were killed by David Roland Waters, a man who had worked with them and stolen a lot of money from the American Athetists.

[italic]Ultimately, a murder investigation focused on David Roland Waters, who had worked as a typesetter for American Atheists. Not only did Waters have previous convictions for violent crimes, there were several suspicious burglaries during his tenure, and he pleaded guilty earlier in 1995 to stealing $54,000 from American Atheists.[21] Shortly after his theft of the $54,000 was discovered, O'Hair had written a scathing article in the 'Members Only' section of the American Atheists newsletter exposing Waters, the theft and Waters' previous crimes,[9] including a 1977 incident in which Waters allegedly beat and urinated upon his mother. Waters' girlfriend later testified that he was enraged by O'Hair's article, and that he fantasized about torturing her in gruesome ways.

The police concluded that Waters and his accomplices had kidnapped all three O'Hairs, forced them to withdraw the missing funds, gone on several huge shopping sprees with the O'Hairs' money and credit cards, and then murdered all three people. Danny Fry, an accomplice, was murdered a few days after the O'Hairs; his body was found on a riverbed with his head and hands severed and missing, but his remains remained unidentified for three and a half years. Waters eventually pleaded guilty to reduced charges.

In January 2001, Waters informed the police that the O'Hairs were buried on a Texas ranch, and he subsequently led them to the bodies.When the police excavated there, they discovered that the O'Hairs' bodies had been cut into dozens of pieces with a saw. The remains exhibited such extensive mutilation and successive decomposition that identification had to be made through dental records, by DNA testing and, in Madalyn O'Hair's case, by the serial number of her prosthetic hip.The head and hands of Danny Fry were also found at the site.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 19009/30/2011

r189, just remember when you roll over with your back to the door - that's when the shadow men like to sneak in.

by Anonymousreply 19109/30/2011

Thanks R191 :) I had my blanket covering my entire head with only my face showing. I felt like a little kid again. I also been watching too many scary movies lately. They must be gearing up for Halloween because they've been amping up the horror movies this last week.

On another note, I'm contemplating going to the Splatterfest this Saturday. Bruce Campbell will be there and I know it sounds stupid but I want my picture taken with him. I think he's still pretty HAWT.

by Anonymousreply 19209/30/2011

I'd never heard of Art Bell until mentioned here but I was wondering if you can hear old broadcasts of his anywhere. He sounds like he had some interesting calls.

by Anonymousreply 19309/30/2011

First I was sympathetic with r192 because of the "too scared to sleep" thing. Now I'm just jealous because he's seeing Bruce Campbell at Splatterfest.

by Anonymousreply 19409/30/2011

That disturbs me also, r178.

Several years ago someone sent in a "post secret" (yes, I know) that said, basically, I know concentration camps exist in the US because I helped build them.

That has been in the back of my mind ever since and your post just adds to it.

I think I may "invest" in some more firearms and ammo. Just to be "safe".

by Anonymousreply 19509/30/2011

"Did you ever read "The Holographic Universe"?

Basically, there is no scientific basis for the world as we know it. It's just an illusion. "

I find that fascinating too. I think one theory is that we are only a reflection of the TRUE universe (one of many).

by Anonymousreply 19609/30/2011

R193, google "streaming art bell," there are some online stations featuring him.

by Anonymousreply 19709/30/2011

I think I first read about this on DL. Ian Stevenson was a biochemist and psychiatrist at UVA. He authored some highly regarded studies about reincarnation; specifically, how young children had memories or physical features suggestive of reincarnation. Stevenson's method was scientific, and his work appeared in peer -reviewed journals.

by Anonymousreply 19809/30/2011

Voynich manuscript

by Anonymousreply 19909/30/2011

youtube carries a lot of old art bell programming.

by Anonymousreply 20009/30/2011

A couple of interesting theories are:

That we've added a thousand years history where there is none -that the Middle Ages actually didn't last as long as they are reported to and that the fall of the Roman Empire was probably only a thousand years ago.

Humans and animals could once breed together giving way to the magical creatures of lore like the Centaur, Mermaid etc.

One interesting idea in the vein of the Holographic Universe that I've considered is that genius isn't inherent to people and their make-up but rather that they are just more receptive to the consciousness that flows around us and that ideas are in the ether and just find the right person.

by Anonymousreply 20109/30/2011

Wasn't there a story of a woman mating with a horse, and then she died? Probably choked on the horn

by Anonymousreply 20209/30/2011

This is some freaky shit. The DIA makes me very, very nervous.

I came to the conclusion recently that Obama is doing a half-assed job because he knows something the rest of us don't. You know how the CIA or whoever briefs the new President when they take office and they emerge from that meeting looking 20 years older and sick, like they've just witnessed a scene from hell? I think the shit is going to hit the universal fan in 2012 and there ain't nothing Obama can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 20409/30/2011

Great R204. Now you've got me worried. I guess that could help explain the aging they do.

by Anonymousreply 20509/30/2011

R204, I don't necessarily think it's because of endtimes that they might look a little worn but possibly they're given information about the reality of the world in which we live in, which might be really unsettling.

Supposedly after *the briefing* Clinton look weirdly horrified.

by Anonymousreply 20609/30/2011

I'm sure it is, r206.

Genocide of your registered voting block is rather disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 20709/30/2011

Here you go, r203.

People can send in anonymous post cards of secrets.

Some are pretty mundane and some (like the one about the camps) are fucking frightening.

True or not, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

by Anonymousreply 20809/30/2011

[quote]Supposedly after *the briefing* Clinton look weirdly horrified.

Lovely. Now I'm going to go and buy a gun and learn to handle it. I already have relatives who want to give me a shotgun which is not so big on aiming.

by Anonymousreply 20910/01/2011

My favorite "Unexplained Story" is Oprah Winfrey's popularity.

by Anonymousreply 21010/01/2011

How George W Bush became President

by Anonymousreply 21210/01/2011

Im watching the Changeling and between the movie and this thread I'm scared at every little noise I hear.

by Anonymousreply 21310/01/2011

UVB-76/The Buzzer has officially reached cult status. Take the audio links off this page to hear it live, 24/7.

The Buzzer mostly buzzes, but when it stops and does unexplained stuff...there's your mystery, Mac.

by Anonymousreply 21410/01/2011

Area 51. What exactly is going on there?

P.S. I'm fascinated with these Art Bell tapes. I wonder what happened to the guy in this one. Did he live or die?

by Anonymousreply 21510/01/2011

I wonder about the Denver Airport stories. I don't think anyone would be shocked to find out we have a facility waiting in case the government needs to relocate from Washington, DC. Everyone knows the Greenbriar Resort was that location back in the 50's and 60's, so common sense dictates we built another one when that one became obsolete. Denver is an obvious choice because of its central location and the existing military bases nearby. Again, I don't think anyone would be terribly surprised.

The trouble is that the whole point of having a secret base is you need to keep the fucker a secret, or at least give it a try. Sort of pointless if you don't.

So, is all the spooky artwork and the mysterious symbols and all the other stuff there to get the tinhats worked into such a frenzy that no one takes the 1 truth mixed in amongst the 99 lies seriously? Do offices full of CIA Agents take turns calling into AM Radio talkshows telling stories about how UFO's are hidden under DIA and then hang up the phone and laugh hysterically with each other?

Is this the modern update to the "who killed JFK" cover stories where we all know it was Castro, the CIA, the Mafia, the John Birch Society, Oswald, and the Russians who fired the shots?

by Anonymousreply 21610/01/2011

[quote] Lovely. Now I'm going to go and buy a gun and learn to handle it. I already have relatives who want to give me a shotgun which is not so big on aiming.

That's the beauty of a shotgun, r209. You don't need good aim.

by Anonymousreply 21710/01/2011

I don't get it either, R216. If it's supposed to be secret, why make it so freaky looking?

My favorite story of the unexplained is the JFK assassination. If there was a huge conspiracy that involved multiple groups, you'd think someone would have admitted something while drunk or maybe a deathbed confession.

by Anonymousreply 21810/01/2011

But plenty of people have come forward with info and all been dismissed as crackpots. right or wrong.

by Anonymousreply 21910/01/2011

Who killed the Black Dahlia?

by Anonymousreply 22010/01/2011

Why did I click on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 22110/02/2011

R204 and R206, I've heard those stories as well: The new President gets briefed on his first day in office by the CIA, NSA, and FBI and he comes out scared shitless.

But if he has been told something world-threatening (aliens are real and on the way) or morally reprehensible (concentration camps are in operation in the US), why would they stick around after they leave office?

Why is Clinton campaigning and not setting up camp in a remote Pacific Island? You;d think that the Bushes would be the first to by a few thousand acres in remote Argentina and try to escape whatever it is they've been told about.

by Anonymousreply 22210/02/2011

I think the briefing is more like the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, and they're things that might happen, but can perhaps be avoided--stuff like Castro has an H Bomb, and the President of Mexico is head of a huge drug cartel.

I don't think you need to hear about space aliens to walk out pale and shaking from a briefing that revealed the true state of this screwed up world.

by Anonymousreply 22310/02/2011

R222, the Bushes did buy something like 100,000 acres in Paraguay. Nobody knows why as far as I know. People have speculated it's got oil, or they wanted to retire there.

by Anonymousreply 22410/02/2011

R221 between this thread and watching Candy Man right now I probably won't sleep well.

by Anonymousreply 22510/02/2011

Thanks to this these stories I'm still awake.

(But keep 'em coming. This thread is strangely alluring.)

by Anonymousreply 22610/02/2011

Bumpity bump.

by Anonymousreply 22710/02/2011

I stumbled across some conspiracy theory blog where he essentially claims that the sudden increase in movies and shows dealing with alien invasions are prepping us for the reality of an invasion OR the revelation that they are already here.

by Anonymousreply 22810/02/2011

Aliens sell. I am more apt to believe government will create a threat to control us and take our money than I am to believe in aliens. People are evil.

by Anonymousreply 22910/02/2011

Why does my pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 23010/02/2011

I had an unexplained story once. Well almost. It was ghastly. Just ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 23110/02/2011

Water, r124. A huge aquifer.

by Anonymousreply 23210/02/2011

Someone hold me.

by Anonymousreply 23310/02/2011

A few years ago some astronauts and top senior people held a news conference explaining that we are being visited by aliens. The story didn't get much coverage and I haven't been able to find it on the internet (must admit I haven't looked for it very hard).

I never believed in aliens, but the caliber of these people gave the stories credibility.

Does anyone else remember this?

I would also love to be a fly on the wall at those meetings on a new president's first day.

by Anonymousreply 23410/02/2011

yes, 234, and it was a total farce. they said they would reveal more later and never did.

by Anonymousreply 23510/02/2011

I had a dream with a person I had never seen before, and a few days later, I actually met that person in real life.

by Anonymousreply 23610/02/2011

This is pretty darn good.

by Anonymousreply 23710/03/2011

Scary and bizarre ghost behavior caught on tape:

by Anonymousreply 23810/03/2011

This one is so scary that you have to sign in to see it:

by Anonymousreply 23910/03/2011

The new President's Big Meeting which ages him twenty years: at a guess TPTB let POTUS know just how little power he has - how he is in effect owned. (Be careful what you wish for.) Owned by TPTB military, financial, corporate.

Attendant on that is what TPTB can do when challenged; they have the power, thank you very much. JFK pushed too many boundaries - those headstrong Kennedys - and it didn't work out well for him.

Upthread someone wonders why no one has ever come clean about JFK in Dallas. On DL a poster has in the past linked to a very long list of names linked in some way to 22 November 63 - names who knew too much and could have said a lot, or names who were digging too close to the truth - who had all died in mysterious circumstances. (Maybe the list could be reposted.) It's a robust warning to anyone (and their families) who might have been tempted to come clean.

So when Clinton made enquiries about JFK's death and was apparently blocked from The Truth - a refusal which in itself displayed his humbling restrictions - he was doubtless shown files which contained the above list, and a bit more. So far, and no further. Know your place.

The Meeting won't have come as such a shock to G W Bush, because it was the family business, and conveyed as such in so many words by Dad. He knew he was a mascot from the word go, and behaved accordingly. His aging shock came in public on 9/11. TPTB knew that to make up for that historic humiliation their next long military engagement was assured.

by Anonymousreply 24010/03/2011

R195 yes that postsecret was disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 24110/03/2011

Rex 84 facility??

by Anonymousreply 24210/03/2011

Here ya go r242.

Anyway I was thinking about the Holographic Universe theory and it made me think a lot of people would have a vested interest in keeping our reality stagnant. If enough people either found out that they were only balls of consciousness and nothing more physically -the implications would be huge.

by Anonymousreply 24310/03/2011

A lighter story for a Monday Morning.

The Crooked Forest

by Anonymousreply 24410/03/2011

You can only see this from space. Who or what created it?

by Anonymousreply 24510/03/2011

by Anonymousreply 24610/04/2011

That's all I'm going to say:

by Anonymousreply 24710/04/2011

PS: let the page load.

by Anonymousreply 24810/04/2011

WTF is it R247? The rantings of a lunatic? What happened to Crispin Glover and does he even have a career anymore?

by Anonymousreply 24910/04/2011

I agree with Crispin.

by Anonymousreply 25010/04/2011

R250, I'd imagine that most people would.

by Anonymousreply 25110/04/2011

wtf is his problem with spielberg

by Anonymousreply 25210/04/2011

r252, Steven Spielberg is personally responsible for the "blockbuster" and the death of quality American cinema.

by Anonymousreply 25310/04/2011

bump in the night

by Anonymousreply 25410/04/2011

Maybe Crispin knows those rumors of Spielberg being a pedophile are true.

by Anonymousreply 25510/04/2011

i am strong i can kick

by Anonymousreply 25610/04/2011

Cats with stubby tails.

by Anonymousreply 25710/04/2011

Why the honey bees are disappear is what I'd like explained, and fast. We can't live without them.

by Anonymousreply 25810/04/2011

[quote] Why the honey bees are disappear is what I'd like explained, and fast.

I believe it's a conspiracy on the part of the much maligned hummingbirds.

by Anonymousreply 25910/04/2011

The crooked forest is creeeeeeeepy. Can see Tim Burton using that imagery in a movie.

by Anonymousreply 26010/05/2011

R192 here. FWIW Bruce was really, really nice and still damn goodlooking.

by Anonymousreply 26110/05/2011

by Anonymousreply 26210/05/2011

[quote]That gives me the chills just thinking about it! No Mary involved.

I'm afraid I'll have to be the judge of that, and my judgment is:

by Anonymousreply 26310/05/2011

R234, Apollo 14 Astronaut and LEM commander Ed Mitchell was one of the participants in that news conference. Here he is, oozing credibility. He's been quite vocal in a variety of forums, and I think he's right.

by Anonymousreply 26410/05/2011

Oh, I'm sure those astronauts were hushed up right quick with some no-so-veiled threats.

Thanks for the info on Bruce, r261. Glad to hear he's still a handsome devil!

So, what about all of the ESP experiments the see-eye-aye supposedly did in the 70's? Did they find out we ARE nothing but dust-balls of the universe and, Matrix-like, figure out how to subvert reality?

by Anonymousreply 26510/05/2011

Bump in the night.

by Anonymousreply 26610/06/2011

Who can explain it? Who can tell you why?

by Anonymousreply 26710/07/2011

There have been all kinds of UFO sightings in Kansas City within this week.

by Anonymousreply 26810/07/2011

"Let's post our favorite stories of the unexplained"

Tom Cruise. Movie Star.

by Anonymousreply 26910/07/2011

Creapy world.

by Anonymousreply 27010/07/2011

That thing in R268's photo looks like a cricket.

by Anonymousreply 27110/07/2011

Now I've wasted 2 hours trolling youtube for old art bell phone calls. Love this thread

by Anonymousreply 27210/08/2011

One theory about UFOs is that they are not extraterrestrial beings, but humans from our own distant future who are time-traveling. That explains why identical-looking craft have appeared throughout thousands of years of human history.

by Anonymousreply 27310/08/2011

Explain this:

by Anonymousreply 27410/08/2011

Apparently she worked with Bill Bennett. This is very telling:

by Anonymousreply 27510/08/2011

r245, American Indians duh.

by Anonymousreply 27610/08/2011

R274, I'm not sure it's the appropriate response, but I laughed until I tinkled when I saw that.

by Anonymousreply 27710/08/2011

The Hudson Valley UFO -- a large, boomerang-shaped object that was spotted across NY and CT in the early 80s.

On one particular night in 1983, the craft was spotted by hundreds of eye witnesses. Drivers on the Taconic Parkway reported that their car radios crapped out during the incident.

by Anonymousreply 27810/09/2011

My brother used to live right below the approach to the SAC Headquarters in Omaha, and said that he would sit on his patio late at night and see the oddest things you could imagine pass overhead at 2am. A lot of the UFO stuff are sighting of things the Air Force is playing with and we're not supposed to know about.

One day a friend called him and said, "go stand outside at about 1:10 and tell me what happens." My brother went outside and while he was standing there he felt the oddest feeling, a physical sensation like motion sickness that last just a few seconds. He went in and asked his friend what happened, and the friend said, "I can't tell you, but if we had a plane that did Mach 6 that's what the sonic boom would feel like as it passed overhead. But we don't have anything like that, so you didn't feel anything."

by Anonymousreply 27910/09/2011

My partner was one of those eyewitness r278. I was talking about UFOs one day and he mentioned that he had once seen one. I couldn't believe he had never said anything before. He said everyone on the highway pulled over, some got out of their cars, and watched as it passed. I asked if everyone was excited, panicked and he said that nobody said anything. Not one word. I asked him if he thought it was from this planet or elsewhere. He said he had no doubt it was from somewhere else. I asked him how he could be so sure. He said "I could tell, we all could, that it wasn't from this earth. We could all feel it. That's why everyone was silent. It was the closest thing to a spiritual experience as I've ever had."

by Anonymousreply 28010/09/2011

Not a new Greenbrier, a new Cheyenne Mountain, that's what DIA must be. They closed Cheyenne Mountain but you know that NORAD would not disband; and they probably wouldn't be safe at Omaha since it is already such a big target. At Denver, if there were to be an underground facility, it would have to be very far from the toxic dump adjacent to Stapleton.

by Anonymousreply 28110/09/2011

Dyatlov Pass. Simple hypothermia. Somebody experiencing wardrobe malfunction splits the tent, they all have to leave. They head for the trees to start a fire. No fire happens, the stragglers try to turn back. Everybody dies. Later a bird or squirrel gets the tongue, and perhaps blast from an army artillery shell causes the structural damage to the woodland bodies...or perhaps it is an effect of the flash freezing process, as is the brown color. As for the radiation, well they are in a part of the world with high solar radiation, and in the mountains, which has even higher radiation.

by Anonymousreply 28210/09/2011

Yes, Solar Radiation. Really sets those Geiger counters off, R282. Ticka Ticka Ticka.

by Anonymousreply 28310/09/2011

My father saw a UFO in the 1950s. He was in his backyard with some friends and they saw a saucer-shaped cylyndrical object hover in the sky for a few minutes, and then it suddenly flew away at an incredible rate of speed, and it had no sound whatsoever. There was nothing man-made that could have done that.

by Anonymousreply 28410/09/2011

The green children of Woolpit reportedly appeared in the village of Woolpit in Suffolk, England, some time in the 12th century, perhaps during the reign of King Stephen. The children, brother and sister, were of generally normal appearance except for the green colour of their skin. They spoke in an unknown language, and the only food they would eat was green beans. Eventually they learned to eat other food and lost their green pallor, but the boy was sickly and died soon after the children were baptised. The girl adjusted to her new life, but she was considered to be "rather loose and wanton in her conduct".[2] After she learned to speak English the girl explained that she and her brother had come from St Martin's Land, an underground world whose inhabitants are green.

by Anonymousreply 28510/09/2011

Bump in the night.

by Anonymousreply 28610/09/2011

Wow, R280 -- that sounds like a really profound account of the Hudson Valley UFO. My cousin grew up in Kent and she told me about the event, however she didn't witness it herself. She just said that there was a lot of talk about the encounter as it was happening. People ran out to their yards and looked up at the sky to gaze at the craft. And her friend's brother (who happened to be a HUGE 'Star Wars' fan), ran under his bed and hid there because he was so frightened.

But from what I've heard, it sounds like it was quite the sight. It was so impressive in size, many described it as a "floating city."

by Anonymousreply 28710/09/2011

Let's take it to more ghost stories instead of UFOs.

by Anonymousreply 28810/09/2011

More cat stories, please.

I personally think that cats that appear to have stubby tails are simply wearing an invisibility sock on their tails.

by Anonymousreply 29010/09/2011

JFK, Jr. dating SJP.

by Anonymousreply 29110/09/2011

[quote]We used to have some really great ghost threads.

Link, please?

by Anonymousreply 29210/09/2011

So far, nobody seems to be able to explain these:

by Anonymousreply 29310/09/2011

They were all eliminated in The Great DL Deletion two years ago, r292. Some were too spooky to read after dark.

by Anonymousreply 29410/09/2011

In the interest of keeping this thread going, here are 2 ghost stories I heard from loved ones. They're not exactly "international incidents" like others that are posted in this thread, but here they are...

When my aunt started nursing, the first job she took was away from home -- on the other side of the coast. She really took a shine to one of the first patients she ever had. He was a pleasant elderly man who didn't have many friends of family. And since my aunt was living far away from her own family at this time, I think she really bonded with this gentleman. Anyway, one day my aunt is walking into work and she bumps into this patient. He was practically glowing, saying that he's feeling so much better now and that he was heading home after being discharged. He wanted to thank her for all her help while he was sick. Naturally, my aunt was very excited to hear about this and she mentioned it to her co-workers when she made it up to her floor. However, her co-workers were a little confused by what she was saying. There was no way my aunt could have spoken to him on her way into work since the patient had died overnight in his room.

(I've always heard that nurses have the best ghost stories -- and after hearing this one from my aunt, I belive it.)

This other story comes from my mother's side of the family. One of my mother's neighbors from her youth was a junkie who died from asphyxiation. His name was Tommy. For all I know, he could have died from a garden variety overdose -- but my mother, aunts and uncles have always insisted that he choked on a peanut while he was high as a kite. Nonetheless, he had been dead for a few weeks when my uncle and his friend made a beer run in the middle of the night at a bodega. While they were shopping, they noticed a guy who was acting strangely. His back was always turned to them and he seemed to just lurk around the store. He was also wearing a heavy coat in the middle of the summer. When my uncle and his friend made it to the register, this dude was somehow in front of them checking out. He laid down a pack of Kools and a Colt 45 -- staple items that Tommy would always buy. Sure enough, the sketchy customer suddenly turned around and looked directly at my uncle. It was Tommy. My uncle couldn't believe what he was seeing and he timidly uttered "Tommy?" With that, this guy abruptly stormed out of the bodega and left his items at the register. My uncle and his friend immediately ran out onto the street after him, but there was no trace of him outside. When they went back into the store, the cashier just said to them, "What the hell was wrong with that guy?"

(This account seems consistent with what I've heard about junkies and what can happen to them after they die. I remember one of the purported psychics on DL mentioned that people who OD are often too high to realize that they're dead. It's like they're so physically and mentally polluted that they even become bombed on a spiritual level. They can hang around a while after they die and "someone" will have to pick them up and help them transition. I recall another story on DL from a guy who heard a heavy knock on his door one night and apparently it came out of nowhere. A little while later, he discovered that his neighbor had OD'ed. Another poster postulated that the neighbor's spirit could have been in a panicked state and she knocked on his door in a desperate attempt to get herself some help.)

by Anonymousreply 29510/09/2011

Another ghost story. When I was a little kid (I'm old), one of my grandmother's friends was a half native american woman who had worked as nurse in France during WWI. She would tell stories about watching the souls leaving the bodies of the dead soldiers. She said they were little puffs of smoke and they would drift up, hover at the ceiling for a few seconds and then fade away into nothingness. No one else could see them, but she always could.

I hadn't heard or thought about her for years, but one night for some reason my family all started talking about her. We told every story we knew about her, just out of the blue. Next day we got a call that she had died (1000 miles away) at the same time we started talking about her. We were holding a wake and didn't realize it.

The other thing that freaked me out about her was that she always knew who was calling when the phone rang--ours or hers it didn't matter, when the phone rang she would say, "Oh that's Bill calling, I want to talk to him" and then pick it up. Sure enough it would be Bill.

by Anonymousreply 29610/10/2011

The Doe Network is a huge collection of missing person and unidentified body cases. Not unexplained in the paranormal sense, but in the very real sense of people disappearing or losing their identities. I've spent hours on it freaking myself out. I prefer the Charley Project for stories of unexplained disappearances, but I'm linking Doe Network for the scary reconstructions of found remains.

by Anonymousreply 29710/10/2011

Great posts, R295 and R296. Well worthy of the compelling original 'Ghosts and Occult' thread, which it seems won't be haunting us again.

That thread was full of random oblique and detailed stories, which conveyed sincerity and sharp memories. The majority had the ring of truth.

It always surprises me when Disbelievers flatly (and often contemptuously) dismiss every such story: as though each and every account has always been a lie, or the product of illness or drugs.

Such scepticism - or cynicism - seems like an odd form of denial.

by Anonymousreply 29810/10/2011

My guess about Dyatlov:

First ones that died: Obvious hypothermia

Second ones that died: Hypothermia, then rolled over by a snowball or avalanche.

Radiation: not reported until later, maybe didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 29910/10/2011

Did we ever figure out the phantom train whistle heard in West Hollywood? I just heard it again; it sounded like it was coming from right down the street.

by Anonymousreply 30010/10/2011

The disappearance of the Roanoke colonists

by Anonymousreply 30110/10/2011

Good one, R301! When I was a kid that story used to fascinate me...very creepy.

Also, I don't know if it counts, but the true murderer of Lizzie Borden's parents (whether it was her or someone else) interests me as well.

by Anonymousreply 30210/10/2011

I love the crooked forest pix! That is cool AND creepy!

The ghost stories are good, too.

My house is haunted but nothing "spooktacular". Just the cold spot, the glimpsed movement, the lights/radio going on and off on their own. The "feeling" that someone is there even when you're alone. The dogs wagging their tails and looking in another room when no one is there.

Just a pretty mundane haunting. But that's ok. I'll take mundane vs creepy/horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 30310/10/2011

Dudleytown, an abandoned colonial settlement deep in the Connecticut woods, that has centuries of unexplained phenomena including strange creatures and demonic activity. The original settlers went mad, with murders and suicides. I grew up not too far from the area and to this day Dudleytown is uninhabited and people are afraid to go visit the site.

by Anonymousreply 30410/10/2011

Cool story R304. That sounds like it would make a good movie.

by Anonymousreply 30510/10/2011

by Anonymousreply 30610/11/2011

I don't believe in aliens for one second, but I have no problem believing in UFOs. People seem to usually talk about them as if they as some great feat of technology, but I think it could be some type of spiritual/supernatural phenomena. Although it could be both.

by Anonymousreply 30710/11/2011

Link to a bumped ghost thread:

by Anonymousreply 30810/11/2011

Sorry, but the crooked forest photos have a very boring explanation.

In olden times it was very common to bind trees so they would grow in shapes necessary to produce things like boat ribs and arches for roofs, since the finished lumber would be much stronger than anything you could cut or bend out of straight stock. Perfectly straight trees without branches were also grown for ship's masts by carefully cutting away any shoots that threatened to produce branches.

What's is interesting is the fact that back then people actually took the time to do stuff like that knowing the wood wouldn't be ready for harvest until their grandchildren were adults.

by Anonymousreply 30910/11/2011

I love this thread, I red all of your stories and checked out the links. I really like it because its shit Ive never heard of. So far the number stations, hat men, and time slips have intrigued me.Keep em coming.

by Anonymousreply 31010/11/2011

What about things involving the weather and/or geography, such as the Bermuda Triangle, for instance? The idea of weird, unexplainable/supernatural activity like that is interesting to me.

by Anonymousreply 31110/11/2011

@ reply 311

Here is a link from Cracked with, in myopinion very reasonable explanations concerning the Bermuda triangle and the Dyatlov incident. Oh and a few other explained mysteries.

by Anonymousreply 31210/11/2011

wtf why cant I post a link??

by Anonymousreply 31310/11/2011

Local urban legends thread:

by Anonymousreply 31410/11/2011

by Anonymousreply 31510/11/2011

[quote]One theory about UFOs is that they are not extraterrestrial beings, but humans from our own distant future who are time-traveling. That explains why identical-looking craft have appeared throughout thousands of years of human history.

I remember hearing this too and it freaks me out.

by Anonymousreply 31610/12/2011

Another great mystery with tons of speculation behind it:

by Anonymousreply 31710/12/2011

OP! It's on the History Channel right now!

by Anonymousreply 31810/12/2011

Thanks for the link 312/313. I really enjoyed the scholarly recap and discussions. This is what is needed a truly serious over view of these phenomenon. Well at least I did.

by Anonymousreply 31910/13/2011

This is the scariest and most believable thing I've ever seen. Multiple eyewitnesses, including a chief of police and prison warden.

It's in 3 parts, but I highly suggest you watch all of it. It will blow your socks off.

by Anonymousreply 32010/13/2011

reply 319, Yeah I also enjoyed reading about it, im quite skeptical when it comes to unexplained things, but I do believe some unusual things happen outthere. I like to figure out all logical explanations first, and if its still not explained then Im almost certain that it is indeed something freaky/unexplained.

by Anonymousreply 32110/13/2011

I've posted this before, ages ago. But here we go.

I and my friend were in Spain in June 1990. It was a Sunday, after midnight, and we weren't in the mood to go partying so we walked to the far side of a beach in Torremolinos. There were no people anywhere nearby, no houses, nothing.

We laid on our backs in the sand and looked at the stars. It was amazing. I've never seen such a starry sky before.

A star started moving. Flying across the sky. We of course thought it was an aeroplane but pretended to believe it was a shooting star so we could make wishes. Here's when it got weird.

The star grew bigger and landed atop of a mountain far away in the horison. It was as big as your fist now, a bright ball of light.

We stared at it with disbelief, not really thinking, just staring at it. What the fuck. After five minutes it started moving again. Flying at extremely high speed to another section of the horizon (atop the ocean) far far away. Then it turned and flew towards the beach.

In one second it was atop us. It was so bright it lit up the whole beach. It had no shape, or at least we couldn't tell (at all) what shape it was. It made NO sound. It had lights of different colours. Yellow, red and green. At this point we decided we are going to fucking run away as fast as we could. It hovered there, not moving, keeping us in the light, and again, making no sound whatsoever.

Then it just turned, flew over us and vanished. We were so shook up we joked that now it went and landed at Malaga airport.

Up to this day we still can't find any logical explanation to this event or to this thing.

by Anonymousreply 32210/15/2011

there are excellent threads on this stuff at all the time.

by Anonymousreply 32310/16/2011

R322- any chance you or your friend checked your watches before and after that happened?

by Anonymousreply 32410/16/2011

Even though the Loch Ness monster has been pretty thoroughly debunked, I'm fascinated by that and other sea creature legends. The oceans are so vast and deep and so undiscovered by man we have no idea what might be down there. Fascinating but scary too.

by Anonymousreply 32510/17/2011

bump for a great thread

by Anonymousreply 32810/24/2011

The true identity of the DL webmaster.

by Anonymousreply 32910/24/2011

R327 it's an episode of TV show Paranormal Witness.

by Anonymousreply 33010/27/2011

I'm obsessed with the deep ocean, too.

by Anonymousreply 33110/27/2011

R331 the deep ocean is one creepy, mysterious place that we still haven't fully explored. I heard someone say once on a science show that we don't have to travel to other planets for alien life because it's in our oceans.

by Anonymousreply 33210/27/2011

Dyatlov Pass was discussed on Ancient Aliens. Really, that show comes up with some spooky stuff. But then they put idiots like Childress and Tsukalos on with their cockeyed theories and...

by Anonymousreply 33310/28/2011

And that hair r333 oy!

by Anonymousreply 33410/28/2011

R327, just don't watch it alone at night.

by Anonymousreply 33510/28/2011

Damn, r304!

That sounds like something out of an HP Lovecraft story!

by Anonymousreply 33610/28/2011

How many SF DLers know about the Pacheco Pass, highway 152? It's rumored to be haunted and has a bunch of ghost stories about it. All I know is that road is seriously creepy at night.

by Anonymousreply 33710/28/2011

Niles Canyon is also haunted

by Anonymousreply 33810/29/2011

George W. Bush getting elected. Twice.

by Anonymousreply 33910/29/2011

by Anonymousreply 34010/31/2011

Patrick Pacheco made a pass at me. That was very creepy.

by Anonymousreply 34110/31/2011

What about dopplegangers? Percy Shelley allegedly saw his own doppleganger. I've always found the idea of dopplegangers and twins fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 34211/14/2011

[quote]How many SF DLers know about the Pacheco Pass, highway 152? It's rumored to be haunted and has a bunch of ghost stories about it. All I know is that road is seriously creepy at night.

The ghosts, often seen by day walking along the side of the road, have been of those of people from the pioneer days -- like the Indian slaughtered by the missionaries for trying to escape the slavery of the San Juan Batista Mission (site of one Hitchcock film) or the lady killed when her horse went nuts and dragged her to death.

The road passes through the Pacheo Pass of the Diablo Mountain Range -- a place long noted for its negative energy. If Sedona is the point where positive energy flows, the Diablos -- with the Pacheo Pass -- is like a heat sink of evil. Much troublesome paranormal activity has been noted in this area. Besides the Indian whose ghost roams the highway, there are thousands of other Indians buried at the mission, killed because they stayed. Their spirits are said to add to the unrest of the area, once known as "Robber's Pass" and notorious even today for its surprisingly high crime rate for a rural area.

by Anonymousreply 34311/14/2011

I should probably explain that I have a certain amount of expertise when it comes to Highway 152 and Highway 156, the two roads which make up California’s “Haunted” highway. For one thing, I’m a truck driver, with over one million miles under my wheels. One of the companies I’ve worked for hauled telecom equipment for what was then Pacific Telesis Group, (which later became SBC, and is now AT&T). Another company I worked for hauled reinforced concrete pipe, or RCP, and I made several deliveries over both highways, heading into Monterey. I’ve made the trip more than a few times.

Sylvia Browne is not the only psychic who’s made this declaration about 152/156. She might the most visible, however. Just the same, it’s a highway with an unfortunate distinction, similar to California Highway 99, between Sacramento and Yuba City: it has one of the highest accident rates in the state.

There are multiple reasons for 152/156 being so deadly, many of them parallels to 99. However, I can tell you from personal experience, none of it has a thing in the world to do with ghosts, or spirits. In fact, from personal experience, backed up by facts, I can tell you it has more to do with driver error than it does anything “spiritual.”

It helps to understand what sort of a road 152/156 is. The route to Monterey actually begins with a short jog on Highway 33, starting in Santa Nella, which then takes you to 152. (152 itself goes through the city of Los Banos, CA, and terminates at Highway 99, near the cutoff for Visalia.) From there, you drive past the San Luis Reservoir, up over the Diablo Mountains through the Pacheco Pass, to the junction with 156. You then travel through the Santa Clara Valley and into the Santa Cruz Mountains, past the Mission San Juan Bautista, and on into the Monterey Bay region, through Salinas and what is by and large the region described by Nobel Laureate John Steinbeck. It’s a beautiful stretch of road, and in spring and summer, there have been times I’ve found myself looking for a place to pull off to the side of the road, so I could enjoy a quiet lunch in one of the most picturesque regions of the State.

At the same time, it’s a road that requires a high degree of respect. For one thing, while there are great stretches of it which are more like an Interstate, you have to remember that it’s a California secondary highway.

Naturally, the psychics have another reason for the danger. According to Browne and others, the high accident rate is due to a high rate of spiritual activity, partly from the Mission San Juan Bautista, partly because of the number of lynchings which took place along what is now a state highway, (including the hanging of Joaquin Murrieta and Three Fingered Jack by California Ranger Harry S. Love.) Add in the spirits of those who have died in auto accidents, and according to some psychics, it’s no wonder 152/156 have such a bloody accident record.

That’s something I dispute.

by Anonymousreply 34411/14/2011

Fatima Prophecies

by Anonymousreply 34511/15/2011

R345, more detail please.

by Anonymousreply 34611/15/2011

R342, do you think the case of Emilie Sagee is real?

by Anonymousreply 34711/15/2011

The Julia Roberts/Lyle Lovett marriage

by Anonymousreply 34811/15/2011

Why people give a shit about Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 34911/15/2011

Sylvia Browne is a total fraud.

by Anonymousreply 35012/06/2011

One time I saw a lobster staring into my window.

by Anonymousreply 35112/07/2011

Gore Orphanage in NE Ohio. A highly fictionalized version was used as a setting for an episode of Supernatural.

by Anonymousreply 35212/07/2011

by Anonymousreply 35303/03/2012

Is there a Ghost Video that is 100% authentic or has atleast not been debunked??

by Anonymousreply 35403/03/2012

R355 thats interesting but I want something more ghost wise.

by Anonymousreply 35603/03/2012

Ok R356 - UFOnauts are ghosts. How's that?

by Anonymousreply 35703/03/2012

I'm dead. How's that?

by Anonymousreply 35803/03/2012

Holy smokes, I visited this thread some six months, I'm surprised it's still going.

by Anonymousreply 35903/03/2012

R357 haha, is there a ghost video thats is real or hasnt been debunked??

by Anonymousreply 36003/03/2012

R358 okay now post a video of yourself please.

by Anonymousreply 36103/03/2012

Can anyone explain how the word "ago" disappeared from R359's post?

by Anonymousreply 36203/03/2012

by Anonymousreply 36303/03/2012

Kuchisake-onna: In Japanese mythology, Kuchisake-onna (口裂け女 Kuchisake-onna?) ("Slit-Mouth Woman") is a woman who is mutilated by a jealous husband and returns as a malicious spirit. The Kuchisake-onna legend became popular enough to cause some panic in Japan during the 1980s, and there are even reports of schools asking children to go home in groups for safety.

by Anonymousreply 36403/03/2012

R365 hahahahaaa

Now post more creepy stuff you guys.

by Anonymousreply 36603/04/2012

Thousands of people reported mysterious lights over Arizona on this date in 1997.

It began around 8:00 p.m., when a man in Henderson, Nevada, saw a V-shaped object "the size of a 747," with six lights on its leading edge. The lights moved from northwest to southeast; over the course of the next hour, sightings were reported throughout Arizona, as far south as Tucson — a distance of nearly 400 miles. One cement truck driver reported that the lights hovered over Phoenix for more than two hours, and said: "I'll never be the same. Before this, if anybody had told me they saw a UFO, I would've said, 'Yeah and I believe in the Tooth Fairy.' Now I've got a whole new view and I may be just a dumb truck driver, but I've seen something that don't belong here."

by Anonymousreply 36703/13/2012

Inexplicable bump

by Anonymousreply 36804/07/2012

bump from me, I want creepy stories

by Anonymousreply 36904/08/2012

Glamis castle in Scotland. Birthplace of the Queens Mother, Elizabeth Lyons Bowes. The Lyons family is allegedly cursed and every generation they have a monster child that they conceal in a secret room in the castle.

I wonder how Margaret managed to escape?

by Anonymousreply 37004/08/2012

The current "Monster of Glamis"

by Anonymousreply 37104/08/2012

Thanks R370, with all that inbreeding in the royal family, it was a matter of tim till they have a monster child.

by Anonymousreply 37204/08/2012

"Who put Bella in the wych-elm?" is one of my all-time favorites. It is so creepy, and is a mystery that has continued to play out decades in Northern England.

by Anonymousreply 37304/08/2012

The women supposedly using a cellphone in "The Circus" is ridiculous. If she were a time traveler using a cellphone, she would need a cellphone tower, a communications satellite in orbit, and an entire computer system in existence to control the telecommunication technology.

by Anonymousreply 37404/08/2012

any real ghost footage or something that has alot of witnesses/evidence??

by Anonymousreply 37504/08/2012

You guys are being too mean about Princess Beatrice. She looks lovely here.

by Anonymousreply 37604/08/2012

[quote]with all that inbreeding in the royal family, it was a matter of tim till they have a monster child.

Were the Lyons Bowes a royal family?

by Anonymousreply 37704/08/2012

Why are so many people in Utah so cheeto-y cheddar-y coloured???

by Anonymousreply 37804/08/2012

The 6 Most Strangely Convincing Real-Life Curses

by Anonymousreply 37904/08/2012

[quote]Were the Lyons Bowes a royal family?

Scottish Earls , but she married into the Saxe Coburg Gotha clan and became the Queen Mother ( ironically they used to call her Lady Macbeth for the way she manouerved her reluctant husband to the throne)

by Anonymousreply 38004/08/2012

How Datalounge continues to hang in there.

by Anonymousreply 38104/08/2012

[quote]they used to call her Lady Macbeth for the way she manouerved her reluctant husband to the throne

It's obvious you know about her secret trip to Baltimore to convince Wallis Simpson that she could hook up with Edward.

by Anonymousreply 38204/08/2012

Excellent story R378

by Anonymousreply 38304/08/2012

Thank you R383, still I wish someone would explain it to me.

by Anonymousreply 38404/09/2012

keeping this in my thread watcher for those times when i need an entertaining distraction

by Anonymousreply 38607/07/2012

Keith Richards has alien DNA.

by Anonymousreply 38707/17/2012

I ran across this one recently, and I really like it.

It's about hillbillies in Kentucky who thought they were being attacked by little green men.

The Hopkinsville Goblins

by Anonymousreply 38807/17/2012

R388, thanks. What else could it have been?

by Anonymousreply 38907/17/2012

R389, I don't know, but the Flatwoods Monster is a similar story.

In this case, experts have theorized that it was a combination of a meteor and a barn owl.

I grew up out in the country, so I have an understanding of how rural people think. Some of them are uneducated and superstitious, and active imaginations + alcohol = "we're being attacked by monsters from another planet!"

But to be polite, if asked, I would probably say, "I believe that they saw something they could not explain, and it frightened them."

We weren't there, so who's to say what really happened?

by Anonymousreply 39007/17/2012

R390, the picture accompanying the entry is creepy.

by Anonymousreply 39107/17/2012

Why Canadians claim to be superior to idiot Americans but when they come to America, are always attracted to the most idiotic of Americans.

by Anonymousreply 39207/17/2012

by Anonymousreply 39307/18/2012

by Anonymousreply 39407/18/2012

R390, I don't understand this one because the descriptions vary so much. How could everyone have seen such a different weird creature?

by Anonymousreply 39507/18/2012

by Anonymousreply 39607/19/2012

Mary Celeste. The Dei Gratia people killed them. Never turn your back on a Canadian, never.

by Anonymousreply 39707/21/2012

by Anonymousreply 39807/21/2012

by Anonymousreply 39908/21/2012

The phenomena of telekinesis

by Anonymousreply 40008/21/2012

The Circleville letters

by Anonymousreply 40108/23/2012

An incubus lived in my old condo in DC, and it would RAPE me constantly. It would WEAR ME OUT until I passed out. It would always leave the scent of sweat and after shave. No one believed me until I called Ghostbusters.

by Anonymousreply 40208/23/2012

Here is a very similar(and great) thread from The L Chat. You don't have to be a lesbian to enjoy it:

by Anonymousreply 40308/23/2012

This is an absolute must read if you are a Kurt Cobain fan or interested in his suspicious death. Numerous pieces of evidence(many comments from friends) showing the state of mind Kurt was in when he you might've guessed, he wasn't even remotely suicidal:

by Anonymousreply 40408/23/2012

Gilles de Rais. Why was he friends with both Elizabeth Bathory and Joan of Arc? Talked about mixed company. There is something odd about the whole Joan of Arc story that isn't well known, I think.

by Anonymousreply 40508/23/2012

A much more interesting time slip story than the Ghosts of Versailles one was about the two British couples who stayed overnight in the curiously old fashioned hotel in France and then couldn't ever find it again. There were no sightings of Marie Antoinette or Empress Eugenie in this one, so it is much more plausible.

by Anonymousreply 40608/23/2012

Thanks R406, I'll check out the video.

by Anonymousreply 40708/24/2012

R405, she had a teeny penis.

by Anonymousreply 40808/24/2012

R401, I watched the video about the Circleville letters. Pretty creepy. Seems like the police may've been involved and were trying to smear an innocent person. I doubt it was just the one writer. Why so much ignorance and covering up from the police? The letters were demonstrably still being written when they had the wrong guy in jail. Just ridiculous.

The story creeped me out.

by Anonymousreply 40908/24/2012

Any more stories similar to the Circleville letters? Or more scary stories.

by Anonymousreply 41008/24/2012

Similar thread about an important issue:

by Anonymousreply 41108/24/2012

R323, any good ones you can link to or recommend? Which section of the site are they typically posted on?

by Anonymousreply 41208/24/2012

Another good one from Unsolved Mysteries,the Wackers.

by Anonymousreply 41308/24/2012

Sorry ,forgot the link

by Anonymousreply 41408/24/2012

The murder of Lindsay Buziak.

by Anonymousreply 41508/24/2012

by Anonymousreply 41608/27/2012

Son of the Unexplained Mysteries Thread(two interesting stories mentioned):

by Anonymousreply 41708/27/2012

More about Joan of Arc or other 'mystical' mysteries, please.

by Anonymousreply 41808/29/2012

by Anonymousreply 41909/08/2012

For the moron

by Anonymousreply 42009/22/2012

by Anonymousreply 42110/15/2012

There's been a lot of activity on UVB-76 this month.

by Anonymousreply 42210/21/2012

by Anonymousreply 42311/11/2012

In 1994 I was still living at home and the family home was very small. When my father wasn't at home my mom would let me sleep in their bed with her (I'm female). After my parents separated, my father moved out and I slept on his side of the bed more often.

At this time I was going through a Christian revival. I was meditating on faith, that when you ask God for a blessing you're to thank him and believe as if he already has given you what you asked for. As I was concentrating on strengthening my faith I was thinking also of the part in the Bible where Jesus washed the feet of his disciples.

The strangest thing that happened was my feet began to feel refreshed as if they had been washed. My feet felt so clean and refreshed and they remained feeling like that all evening all the way into the night when I went to sleep on my father's side of the bed.

Now my Mom was already asleep and I was lying on my back trying to fall asleep. I was drifting off, when all of a sudden I felt a very "real" man's hand grab a hold of my left foot. It was definitely a hand. The fingers wrapped around my foot firmly. The thumb curled under my arch and the other fingers curled gripping around the top of my foot. I could feel the clamminess as well. The hand was large because it enveloped my foot easily. My Mother and I were covered up completely and this bed is a queen sized bed. There was no one else in the room.

The only way a hand could be under the blankets and sheets at the foot of the bed was if this arm reached up from under the mattress under the bed or from the floor at the foot of the bed. I was so freaked out.

I yanked my foot away and out of this hand's grasp and wanted to scream but I didn't because I was too petrified. I pulled both my legs in tight, as if I was sitting Indian style with legs crossed and kept them there. I was filled with fear and my whole body was stiff with terror. There's no way anyone else was in that room. I eventually fell asleep praying and praying for God's protection and not knowing whether it was Jesus or the devil under the bed.

Now that time has passed, I think it was probably Jesus under the bed instead of the devil. The hand that grabbed my foot wasn't hot or scaly or ice cold like the devil's hand would be - it felt like a grip from a regular man's hand. Large, firm, and a little clammy.

by Anonymousreply 42411/11/2012

R424, I like your story. But it conjures up this interaction in my imagination.

Child: Daddy! There's a monster under the bed!

Father: No, honey, that's not a monster. It's just Jesus.

Child: Oh, okay. Right. What was I afraid of?

by Anonymousreply 42511/18/2012

Bump. For me it's the Tunguska Event.

by Anonymousreply 42602/26/2013

Bump from the dead

by Anonymousreply 42705/27/2013

r405, I highly doubt that, seeing as Elizabeth Bathory lived 1560-1614, Gilles de Rais 1404-1440 and Joan of Arc ca. 1412-1431 respectively.

by Anonymousreply 42805/27/2013

The disappearance of Branson Perry.

by Anonymousreply 42905/27/2013

The Hum. I've heard it in Iowa.

by Anonymousreply 43005/28/2013

The Hopkinsville Goblins were almost certainly great horned owls. These are sketches of the Goblins taken after descriptions by eyewitnesses--notice the ears and the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 43105/28/2013

And here is the Great Horned Owl.

by Anonymousreply 43205/28/2013

The legend of the Black-eyed Kids

by Anonymousreply 43305/28/2013

bump to putting this over me list ya.

by Anonymousreply 43405/28/2013

From the link at 429's post: "Rogers is currently in jail for 30 years for several counts of porn and performing a gender reassignment on an individual in a motel room".

by Anonymousreply 43505/28/2013

o.m.g! so many of these r scary, u bitches!! now im scared to turn out the light

by Anonymousreply 43605/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 43705/28/2013

I love this kind of stuff.

by Anonymousreply 43805/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 43905/28/2013

The Julia Wallace murder is a good old mystery.

by Anonymousreply 44005/28/2013

Sorry, I don't have any creepy ghost or UFO stories for you, but I was always freaked out when somebody mentioned Maja Vojvoda to me.

She was an 11 year-old girl from my town, who disappeared back in the 80s. She went to fetch her brother, who was playing behind their house. Her brother came home a while later, but Maja didn't. However, a week later, her grandma received two short phone calls. A scared voice of a little girl said "Maja here", before hanging up. Grandma said that she was sure that was her granddaughter's voice on the phone. After that, she was never seen or heard again.

I think stories like these are way creepier than those (obviously fake) UFO and ghost stories.

by Anonymousreply 44105/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 44205/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 44305/29/2013

FEMA is storing 125,000 portable casket liners (which hold about 6 men) in Madison, Georgia, in case of nuclear war. This is one of many similar storage sites outside of major cities in America.

by Anonymousreply 44405/31/2013

Regarding the Charlie Chaplin video and the debate on whether the person is using a hearing amplifier or a cell phone:

[quote]Given there were no cell phone towers in 1928, the reception must have been terrible.

I don't know that I believe in the idea of time travelling, but to play Devil's Advocate... why would a person using a hearing amplifier be talking (seemingly into it) when there's no one else around?

And if it were a Time Traveler on a cell phone type device, one would imagine that if they come from a time when time traveling is a possibility, you could assume that they have technology that would allow them to use a communication device across time.

by Anonymousreply 44506/01/2013

I really love this thread, and last night it kept me up to about 4am. Even with that I need to go back and click on a few Utube links. Thank you so much, can we keep this going?

by Anonymousreply 44606/01/2013

[quote]FEMA is storing 125,000 portable casket liners (which hold about 6 men) in Madison, Georgia, in case of nuclear war. This is one of many similar storage sites outside of major cities in America.

Let's walk through this.

If there was a nuclear war that created nearly a million corpses, why would the government go to the trouble of burying them, much less in pre-prepared casket liners? Wouldn't they be lucky to get mass graves or pyres?

The stacks of casket liners in those conspiracy photos are actually grave liners, and they're what goes around a casket so the groundwater doesn't collapse the earth around it. They're used every day in many cemeteries, and the thousands of casket liners there make sense -- because it's a casket liner factory that ships them to cemeteries around the eastern U.S.

by Anonymousreply 44706/01/2013

R447. Negative. You don't put caskets in those black "liners". Obviously they are way too big for single caskets. They are for putting multiple bodies in and buried, liner and liner on top of each other. Not necessarily for nuclear war deaths, but viral influenza epidemic. Couldn't you figure this out on your own, boy?

by Anonymousreply 44806/01/2013

This. Very creepy.

by Anonymousreply 44906/02/2013

That read more like folk lore and not particularly creepy at that. In my opinion, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 45006/03/2013

I can't go to sleep now after reading this thread!

by Anonymousreply 45106/03/2013

R448 is an idiot. Here's another link debunking the "casket liner" nonsense. They're actually burial vaults. The link explains how they're used and even includes a copy of the Vantage Co.'s lease, explaining that the site is being used by the company to store the vaults. R448 obviously hasn't learned how to use Google.

by Anonymousreply 45206/03/2013

I love this thread, too.

by Anonymousreply 45406/03/2013

I think a lot of governments are planning, on some level, with the possibility of something influenza or virus related.

by Anonymousreply 45506/03/2013

[quote] Oh how convenient... of all places this burial vault company chooses a FEMA site to store their vaults???

It's NOT a FEMA site, idiot. Vantage, the Georgia-based company that manufactures the burial vaults, leased the land from Conyers Welding & Supply, a private business. They chose that site because they got a good deal on the land. This is all explained on numerous web sites that you obviously can't be bothered to read. But don't let things like Google or the facts get in the way of your silly Alex Jones conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 45606/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 45706/04/2013

This is a thread that needs to be revived.

by Anonymousreply 45807/28/2013

[quote]And if it were a Time Traveler on a cell phone type device, one would imagine that if they come from a time when time traveling is a possibility, you could assume that they have technology that would allow them to use a communication device across time.

You would then also assume them to have subtler and smaller technology and also not to use it while walking through a filmed scene in a Charlie Chaplin movie.

by Anonymousreply 45907/28/2013

It seems as if the war in question will in fact be started by r453's nuclear meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 46007/29/2013

[quote]It COULD be true, but what if there is really more to the story???

I love logic like this from tinhats!

by Anonymousreply 46107/29/2013

This is an image of a Great Horned Owl, which is what r432 meant to post (I assume). As you an see, it looks much like the sketch of the Hopkinsville Goblin at r431.

by Anonymousreply 46207/29/2013

Oops--here's the owl.

by Anonymousreply 46307/29/2013

"fHow are Brittany Murphy and Heath Ledger dead from drugs and Keith Richards is still alive?"

Maybe Keith doesn't hang around Mary Kate Oleson..

by Anonymousreply 46407/29/2013

[quote]Mary Kate Oleson..

Who is that?

by Anonymousreply 46507/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 46607/30/2013

[quote]You would then also assume them to have subtler and smaller technology and also not to use it while walking through a filmed scene in a Charlie Chaplin movie.

Yeah, because if Technology has shown us anything it's that the more advanced we get, the smaller the phones are, right? Cell phones are certainly not getting bigger, right? And as to your second point, people that use cell phones now are always the most aware of what they're doing and extremely conscientious, right?

I'd say... try again R459.

And if I recall correctly, this response was originally with regard to the thought that a cell phone could not be used back then because the technology (towers) wouldn't exist.

The thought that a person time traveling could have technology that works across time is certainly plausible and seemed to be the point.

by Anonymousreply 46707/30/2013

[quote]How are Brittany Murphy and Heath Ledger dead from drugs and Keith Richards is still alive?

I know this wasn't serious, but Keith actually commented on this in his autobiography where he talked about how drugs back in his day were cleaner.

by Anonymousreply 46807/30/2013

Sleep paralysis is creepy is hell, I experienced it one time very vividly, I recall two dreams the last one wasn't or at least it didn't feel like a dream but I remember being awake, cold and unable to move while staring at a hanging door mirror, the mirror had a swirling mist inside of it that I felt was trying to get me, I was fighting it mentally desperately trying to will it away. I still get chills when I think about that night. The first dream from that night is truly the stuff of nightmares.

by Anonymousreply 46907/31/2013

I'm bumping this thread because this place has become so fucking dull recently.

Any more interesting tin hat stories?

by Anonymousreply 47008/07/2013

I'm with R470. This place has been really boring lately. Who the hell is Cheyenne Jackson and some of these other people discussed here? I admit I don't watch much tv anymore.

by Anonymousreply 47108/07/2013

DB Cooper, airline hijacker. Reading online, narrows down to 2 possibilities, if he survived. One in his 90's and living in a retirement community, is ex-military special forces type.

by Anonymousreply 47208/08/2013

The Springfield Three has always bothered me. I wish that bizarre case could be solved. The women are obviously dead, but it would be good to know exactly what happened and who did it.

by Anonymousreply 47308/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 47408/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 47509/01/2013

The story of Miley Cyrus' escaping tongue...

by Anonymousreply 47609/01/2013

That's a great thread, so I keep it going!

I find many mysteries fascinating, but I have a "thing" for disappearances. Here is the first one, really creepy and unexplained even today.

"The Pied-Piper of Hamelin". No one knows exactly what happened back then. But SOMETHING happened.

by Anonymousreply 47709/11/2013

The second one is a more recent one, none other than the disappearance of Percy Fawcett, the explorer.

Many theories, none yet proved. So interesting that it will be made into a big budget film soon.

There are many articles about this story, but I post one that's of particular interest. I don't know whatever happened to that theory though.

by Anonymousreply 47809/11/2013

Some of my strongest childhood and early teens memories are of leaving my body and going to places I can't remember. I would go to bed, with a bathroom light on. As I was relaxing and about to fall asleep, the walls and ceiling of my bedroom would start to move and to escape being smothered by the walls, I would leave my body and go up through the ceiling. I could see everything that was going on below me; I was tethered to the earth by a shining rope or cord. I knew I wasn't to let go of the cord. I didn't know what would happen but I didn't experiment. Eventually I would come floating back into my room, and after walking around my bedroom to make sure everything was closed tight, I would finally fall asleep.

As I got older, I had more power to fight the walls closing in and was able to redirect my thoughts away from the situation. I don't remember when it all stopped happening. To this day I have to sleep with lights on and the tv going.

Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

by Anonymousreply 47909/11/2013

More stories please!!! My birthday is in 5 days so do it in honor of me. I love creepy stuff. Lots of things scare me but nothing more than the possibilities of what our government may be up to.

by Anonymousreply 48009/21/2013

I love the retro stripe athletic socks. Very jockish.

by Anonymousreply 48109/21/2013

The story of the hand coming through the bed made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

In the late 90's I was lucky enough to work in New Orleans for about two months. My team stayed at the Fairmont just off the French Quarter. It has since been badly damaged by Katrina and I think new ownership has completely rebuilt it, but back then it was so classic and beautiful. The Christmas decorations in the lobby were majestic and the bartender wore a bowtie and learned our names.

I stayed in New Orleans for two weekends during the project instead of flying home and the second weekend my boyfriend visited for the weekend. The front desk upgraded me to a huge suite since they knew me by then, but when I went back to my "normal" hotel room on Sunday night, weird things started happening.

I would wake up hearing loud whispers, but of course nothing was there. Sometimes I heard doors opening and closing in the hallways, but no voices or other movement at all.

Then one night I was sleeping and had the sensation that someone was kneeling over me in bed, and I could feel the slight shift in the mattress due to the weight of their knees on the either side of me. A hand seemed to grab my left wrist under the covers. I was waving my right wrist around but couldn't move my left arm or my body. I was pinned down and couldn't speak.

After I fully woke up I could hear the whispers again, off and on for hours. That was the first time I got scared---it felt personal.

The day I checked out I pulled aside the floor-to-ceiling drapes so I could get enough light to make sure I packed everything, and I saw three bullet holes in the glass. The bullet holes were dark and the glass was that old thick glass--they don't make it like that anymore.

I always wonder if someone was shot in that room.

by Anonymousreply 48209/21/2013

I just saw the old Eastern Airlines story on TV. The one about the flight that crashed in the Everglades. Eastern used salvaged parts on other airplanes. Crew members started reporting seeing the Flight Engineer and the Pilot from the crashed flight on other flights. Only afterwards, when many reports had surfaced, would maintenance staff go back and correlate the reported sightings against maintenance logs, and learn that sightings only happened on planes that had parts salvaged from the Everglades crash. This was something that Flight Attendants and passengers who saw the spirits could not have known, though.

by Anonymousreply 48309/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 48410/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 48510/02/2013

My great grandmother was in the final stages of alzheimers, she had not spoken a word in over six months. One evening my two virgin great aunts heard her talking away as they stood outside her bedroom. Finally they stepped inside her room and asked her if she was OK. She said "I'm just saying goodbye to Ella". Ella was her best friend who lived across the street, they found out the next morning that she died at the same time grannie was talking to her. Grannie never spoke again. True story.

by Anonymousreply 48610/02/2013

R479 When I was a teen, it happened often. I was disturbed enough to mention it to a psychiatrist who was a friend of the family.

He said it was nothing to worry about. It's called hypnogogic hallucinations and is caused, he said, by going into dream sleep too quickly. You're essentially dreaming while awake.

It was scary because I was paralyzed during the experience and couldn't call for help. He prescribed sleeping medication for a while and in time I learned to control it. When I felt myself starting to float away, I'd force myself to get up.

by Anonymousreply 48710/02/2013

Check out the life after death thread. There are some good links to near death experience threads on other forums, many of them pretty creepy. One thread is on a message board for nurses. Apparently a lot of nurses have seen a black shadow figure lurking around when patients die. People often die in terror it seems, and will be swiping at the air when this thing is seen screaming 'don't let it take me'. Another nurse reported that a dying patient swore a black demon dog with glowing red eyes came out from under the bed and was biting him. Don't think it's all tunnels of glowing, loving light and seeing dead relatives, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 48810/03/2013

Doc. on the Springfield Three mentioned upthread. How can three able-bodied women get abducted?

by Anonymousreply 48910/04/2013

This stuff creeps me out so much that my eyes tear up

by Anonymousreply 49001/29/2014

When I was 8 or 9 my brother(who is 4 years older) and I were both in the attic of our house and at the exact same moment witnessed what can only be described as a disembodied leg clad in a shimmering,silver mesh like material and matching cuffed boot as it seemed to walk, mid-stride, through a dark crawlspace and out through the eave.

As an adult, I am an EXTREMLY empirically minded person who demamds rationality,observable proof and verifiable data, as is my brother....and to this day neither of us can come up with a plausibe explanation for what it is we thought we saw.

by Anonymousreply 49101/29/2014

black-eyed kids above is chilling

by Anonymousreply 49201/29/2014

oops..meant to spell that "extremely".

by Anonymousreply 49301/29/2014

The tragic and mysterious story of 30yo Ben McDaniel who disappeared while diving at the Vortex Springs in Florida and whose body has never been recovered is particularly creepy and unsettling...and also extremely sad as the family had recently lost their 22yo son to a series of strokes.

by Anonymousreply 49401/29/2014

[quote]Not supernatural, but creepy and weird. They never did find out who this was or why he did it...

Something similar happened in NYC, during an afternoon broadcast on one of the local PBS stations, IIRC, it was Channel 31, which is now PAX.

A video music show was on either daily or weekly, around 3PM, it was called "Video Music Box", they showed an odd mix of early rap, cutting edge British rock music and interviews.

Suddenly a porn movie came on, I don't remember how long it was on for, but it was more than a few seconds. It was pretty hilarious while it was going on, but weird that someone tried to sabotage a PBS station.

by Anonymousreply 49501/29/2014

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 49601/29/2014

The Mystery of Jeremy Bright who disappeared from the Coos County Fair in 1986.

As a native of the area it's my belief that Jeremy Bright was inadvertantly shot to death at "Mauna Loa" on the Middle Fork Coquille River then buried somewhere in the surrounding forest. I knew the boy who I suspect did it and totally think he was capable of it.

by Anonymousreply 49701/30/2014

Denver Aiport. There is not enough money in the world to make me fly through that terrifying, evil buildng.

by Anonymousreply 49801/30/2014

Isn't Denver International just a copy of Riyadh? Or are you Tim Tebow and have a mental block?

by Anonymousreply 49901/31/2014

The creepy possession case in Gary Indiana.

by Anonymousreply 50001/31/2014

[quote] There is not enough money in the world to make me fly through that terrifying, evil building

You can fly?

Or are you saying that airliners fly through a building? Cuz that's gotta be a weird airport if planes fly through the buildings.

by Anonymousreply 50101/31/2014

You're reminding me of a current commercial I hate, a bunch of schlubs flying over Florida waving their arms, and the white male at the head of the flock makes dumb bird noises.

by Anonymousreply 50201/31/2014

by Anonymousreply 50302/11/2014

I went to school at Penn State in the early 00s. One night I was working on a student film that was shooting in the Old Botany building which is one of the oldest (built in 1888) buildings on campus. It's pretty modest by today's standards. We had to work when no one was in the building so we were there after 11 PM.

Everyone working on it went out to get more equipment and locked me in the building. I was okay with this since it was late and we got special permission to even be in there. Basically no strangers could come in.

I got bored and went upstairs to the second floor where there was a series of windows. It was dark since we were only on the first floor. Outside the window you could see President Atherton's grave which is located on the side walk next to an auditorium almost directly across the street.

Things got weird when I felt something or someone behind me. I turned around and saw nothing but I kept looking at the offices behind me, both with their doors open, then I noticed there was something "darker" in one of the offices.

The thing is ... I wasn't scared but I was unnerved and then it started "moving" and the area started getting darker. I felt like it was watching me. I didn't feel like I was in "danger" but I did feel like I was intruding. So I went back to the well lit first floor and locked myself in an office until a girl came and got me. If that happened to me now I would have bolted.

Weeks later I read an article on Haunted Places at Penn State. In it they talked about the Old Botany building and how on the second floor, the wife of President Atherton is said to hang out and look through the window at her husband's grave across the street. People that work in the building don't even like to go to up to that floor at night.

I felt validated because I didn't go there expecting anything, obviously and countless articles and reports after proved I wasn't alone.

by Anonymousreply 50402/11/2014

I lived in a house in Dallas, years back. The place, while beautiful, had a creepy vibe from the day I moved in.

One night I was watching TV & down the long foyer to the bedrooms, I saw a dark figure walk from one bedroom, across the foyer, into the other bedroom. And shut the door behind it.

Luckily, a friend of mine was with me, but had fallen asleep on the sofa. I stayed up all that night.

First thing the next morning, I called my landlord & said that I needed to move out.

He said, "What did you see?" And admitted that the previous 2 tenants had also witnessed strange figures & movements in the hallways.

No one had any idea as to why, since the house was relatively new (like 15 y/o at the time) & there hadn't been any deaths or crimes in the house (trust me, I checked, after what I saw).

I was out of that house that same night & stayed with friends for a few days until I could organize the move. When I finally left, I didn't even look behind me as I closed the front door.

The creepiest thing that ever personally happened to me.

by Anonymousreply 50502/11/2014

Nicolas Cage's film career

by Anonymousreply 50602/11/2014

Interesting story, R486.

by Anonymousreply 50702/11/2014

Demonic Possession Of Mother & Her Three Children In Home Haunted By 200 Spirits

by Anonymousreply 50802/11/2014

^ Another related video of the Indiana possession

by Anonymousreply 50902/11/2014

R505 rates a MARY! but not a Hall of Fame Mary because he could have written that with more breathlessness.

by Anonymousreply 51002/11/2014

Bump for a cold February night.

by Anonymousreply 51102/13/2014

by Anonymousreply 51203/04/2014

R505, There may not have been any deaths or crimes in that particular house but there may have been on the land before it was built. Objects in the house can also cause a haunting right down to anything reused the wasn't originally created for the new house. Finally, they say that certain areas contain gateways for the dead to cross over.

I'm not sure if I totally believe that last one but it's more likely there was something else there before the house was built.

I used to play in a funeral home, which was turned into a home for a couple & their four kids who were friends with my sister & I. We'd hang out in the basement where the slabs still were, we'd play on the stage used for viewings, we'd tell ghost stories and sneak through the halls at night & absolutely NOTHING happened. The kids lived there for 10 years and said nothing ever happened to them. You'd think it would be the one place where something would have.

Of course across the street a woman died in her sleep. For the next few days (and no one else lived in that house) the light would turn on and off by itself in her bedroom & one night a neighbor swore he saw her standing in the window looking out into the street at night.

by Anonymousreply 51303/06/2014

by Anonymousreply 51407/11/2014

late night bump. Can this thread get to 600 by Halloween?

by Anonymousreply 51507/28/2014

r504, have you ever seen the ghost of Betsy Aardsma, the girl killed in a library at PSU?

by Anonymousreply 51607/28/2014

by Anonymousreply 51707/28/2014

Love this thread

by Anonymousreply 51807/28/2014

The Highway of Tears in Canada's British Columbia.

Since 1969, an estimated 50 women have disappeared on this lonely & remote road. The most recent one was in 2011. Google it, absolutely creepy. No one ever apprehended for any of the disappearances.

The Roanoke Colony.

Bigfoot & Loch Ness Monster - I think there's some truth to both these legends.

The Denver Airport & the hush-hush surrounding all the underground bldgs & what they're for.

Our Lady of Fatima predictions. The final one is said to be the date of the end of the world.

by Anonymousreply 51907/28/2014

I am the OP of this thread. God, I never thought it would go this long.

by Anonymousreply 52007/28/2014

The house I used to live in was very creepy. Stuff going on and off, a presence of a middle aged man in a suit. It was a new house, never lived in before. However, years ago, the area was very remote and right off the highway, and I've always wondered if somebody got dumped out there.

by Anonymousreply 52107/29/2014

Bump. Just because I can't see anything at all.

by Anonymousreply 52208/04/2014

It was a dark and stormy night....

by Anonymousreply 52308/05/2014

R521, what do you mean the 'presence of'? Did you or anyone else ever really see this man?

by Anonymousreply 52408/05/2014

the Nazca Lines. terrifies me.

by Anonymousreply 52508/07/2014

more please!

by Anonymousreply 52608/14/2014

I've always been fascinated by the mystery of The Mary Celeste - why'd they evacuate a sound ship?

by Anonymousreply 52708/14/2014

Also, if you've not seen it, Damn Interesting has some good articles

by Anonymousreply 52808/14/2014

A story fit for DL!

[quote]In July of 1518, Frau Troffea of Strasbourg, France (then part of the Holy Roman Empire) began to dance frantically in the streets.

by Anonymousreply 52908/14/2014

spooky bump

by Anonymousreply 53008/17/2014

I'll totally be sad if this thread is dead

by Anonymousreply 53108/29/2014

I'm missing out. Nothing like this ever happens to me. Or I don't see it. Or I don't get it when I see it. Sad anyway I look at it.

But thanks for the great posts!

by Anonymousreply 53208/29/2014

People who just vanish, like these poor folks:

by Anonymousreply 53308/29/2014

MH370 can be added to this thread in a few years if not found

by Anonymousreply 53408/29/2014

There are a couple

Oak Island Unexplained disappearances Philadelphia Experiment Springheeled Jack

God, I miss Unsolved Mysteries. The old ones, that is, with Robert Stack. They had some great episodes on this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 53508/29/2014

My mother's best friend was staying with mutual friends at their weekend country farmhouse in Wilton NH. The farm was many acres, and the few nearby neighboring farms, which included a very large apple orchard, covered miles around. It was the mid-1950s. She was alone, relaxing on a lawn chair, reading, on a lazy late summer afternoon. Movement caught her attention out of the corner of her eye in that otherwise quiet and still landscape.

When she looked up there was a small boy, who looked about 8 years old, emerging from around the corner of the old barn building. He was barefooted, dressed in an old-fashioned straw hat and old-fashioned farm clothing. He just stood there watching her. When she looked at him and smiled he turned and ran behind the corner of the barn. Curious, she called out to him and went to where he'd been standing but there was no one there and no one in sight.

The barn was very old, two of the sides had long since fallen down, parts of the two remaining walls were missing, and the barn floor was gone. There was no place the boy could have hidden from sight so quickly. There were no other houses within miles, and she knew or recognized all the area neighbors. But the boy's very old-fashioned clothing was the most puzzling. The experience left her with a strange free-floating anxiety.

Soon afterward she was called up to the house for a phone call. It was her husband calling from their new home in the Boston area. Their 8 year old son had been playing in the barn at the new house that afternoon while his older sisters were busy in the house. The dad was an MD., there at his office in the house. The boy had been having a great time jumping from the hay loft into a pile of old hay, which eventually triggered a bad allergic/asthma attack. He got himself into the house (the barn and house were closely attached by a breezeway) and his father immediately realized he might need to be hospitalized. Fortunately, with his dad's intensive care at home he didn't need a trip to the hospital after all. They were all very relieved but very shaken by this incident.

After my mother's friend hung up the phone she realized that strange, old-fashioned 8 year old boy showed up just when her son was in the worst of his medical crisis. She had an odd knowing feeling that her son's crisis and the little boy's appearance were connected; it felt like the boy was trying to get her attention.

After she told her hosts what had happened they mentioned, for the first time, other odd happenings in that old farmhouse. Nothing bad ever happened and what was shared and discussed were just brief experiences of a presence here and there - the sort of stories guests would find intriguing, and just a little unsettling.

Years later I visited and stayed at that house for many weekends from time to time. There was always an ambiance of something outside linear time about that farm. It wasn't ominous; it simply felt like there was something going on there that I was on the verge of remembering in an odd context.

by Anonymousreply 53608/29/2014

Beautiful, R536.

by Anonymousreply 53708/29/2014

Thanks [R536] that was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 53908/29/2014

I have it on good authority that if you are the only living soul in the house, and you look in the mirror at midnight, you see the devil! Yes, it's true!

by Anonymousreply 54008/29/2014

When I was about 10 or so, maybe 12, I got together with 3 friends to have a seance. We went to the otherwise unoccupied third floor of my house, sat on the floor, and put a lit candle in the center if us. Now, we were old enough to know that there was no such thing as ghosts, but we proceeded to recite some mumbo jumbo, and just as we demanded a sign from the other side, the candle went out!

There was a moment of silence, then all four of us did that cartoon reaction where we jumped up, off the floor, and started running before our legs actually hit the floor again. I do feel certain that we were all too far from the candle for any of us to have blown it out, and there was no cross breeze of any kind.

That old house used to scare the shit but if me. Sometimes I still dream about it. In my dreams, I'm something of a specter haunting the place. I know that time has passed, and have to be really quiet, so as not to irritate the new owners. They don't mind me occasionally coming by, as long as I'm not a nuisance to them. When I make these visits, there are usually certain set-pieces of furniture from my childhood present, like the baby grand piano; but they always have a thick layer of dust, demonstrating the passage of time. I'm afraid that when I die, if I am not already dead, that is, that when I die, I will haunt that place. There was also a mysterious red stain in the master bedroom, which we used to joke about as a blood stain, with the body stuffed into the blocked-up fireplace.

Still, that candle event stuck with me,

by Anonymousreply 54108/29/2014

60 days until Hallowe'en!

by Anonymousreply 54209/02/2014

R171, the time traveler made so many incorrect statements about things that ought to have come to pass by now, and haven't.

by Anonymousreply 54309/02/2014

The Atlanta Blood House

by Anonymousreply 54409/11/2014

by Anonymousreply 54509/23/2014

in the night.

by Anonymousreply 54609/23/2014

Something about the Highway of Tears does not sit right with me.

Its almost like they know what it is that snatches these poor damsels,turn a blind eye?

I was devastated to discover that staying with freinds in Canada my mother was driven on that road,I gave the woman who drove her a dressing down.

by Anonymousreply 54709/23/2014

What really freaks me out are ghost phone calls & creepy messages. When I was in my 20s I had a friend who was always getting creepy messages. I remember going to his house once and he had a new message on his answering machine. Yes I'm old. he pressed play and it was just fucked up. It sounded singsongy and like someone talking backwards. It was during a really scary time in his life where he suffered an intense bout of depression and struggled with suicidal thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 54809/23/2014

the Johnny Gosch thing

by Anonymousreply 54909/27/2014

I'd never heard of this missing person case. A former child actor just vanished and is still officially considered missing. Initially they thought it was suicide but no body has ever been found. Some sites indicate the kid's friends know more than they've said.

by Anonymousreply 55009/27/2014

by Anonymousreply 55109/27/2014

also, the Aeryn Gillern thing.

by Anonymousreply 55209/27/2014

Will someone please start a stand-alone thread on the Dyaltov Pass incident. I think there is a lot about it that needs to be discussed that should not be limited to this very general thread. A Dyaltov Pass incident thread is a most necessary thread. TIA!

by Anonymousreply 55309/27/2014

I asked this on that other mysteries thread that was deleted. Hoping someone might remember this one. True story about a woman who claimed to have been stalked and physically assaulted over a period of years by a strange man. She filed police reports I think, and friends definitely remember seeing bruises on her. But after awhile people started to think she was making it up.

The woman in the end became desperate, begging people to believe her, but no one did.

Then one day she was found in her home, strangled to death. With bruises all over her.

I believe those were the details. Ring a bell with anyone?

by Anonymousreply 55409/27/2014

Yeah, R554, it was one of the "lost" Night Gallery episodes. Youtube it.

by Anonymousreply 55509/27/2014

R553 if you bothered to a thread search, you'd see there were many created previously.

by Anonymousreply 55609/27/2014

No, R556, this is a most necessary thread.

by Anonymousreply 55709/27/2014

r554, I remember that story from "Unsolved Mysteries." Very creepy. Her name was Cindy James and her death was ruled a suicide!

by Anonymousreply 55809/27/2014

Here's more details on Cindy James.

by Anonymousreply 55909/27/2014

From R559's link [quote]There was blood on the driver’s side door and items from her wallet were under the car. Two weeks later, her body was found at the abandoned house. It looked like she had been brutally murdered. Her hands and feet were bound together behind her back. A black nylon stocking was tied tightly around her neck. Yet, an autopsy revealed that she died from an overdose of morphine and other drugs. Police concluded that she had committed suicide.

I wonder if they've ever gone back and tested the blood in the car, since there's no mention of any physical injuries on her body.

by Anonymousreply 56009/27/2014

You people are makin me ascared.

by Anonymousreply 56109/27/2014

A Law and Order episode, r554.

by Anonymousreply 56209/27/2014

The Moberly-Jourdain incident

by Anonymousreply 56309/28/2014

R563, that episode is one of the first posts in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 56409/28/2014

it's almost Hallowe'en guys!

by Anonymousreply 56510/09/2014

R524, it's hard to describe. I would see this man out if the corner of my eye, then I would turn and he wasn't there. He appeared to be a stocky, short middle aged man with a protruding stomach, suit and tie. Very ordinary looking. Nothing glamorous or romantic about him at all. The first time or two, I felt like he didn't want me there in the house, like I was bothering him. This was after I'd lived there a short time. One night when the lights were flickering on and off, I sat there and described out loud who I was, who the other family members were, and why we moved there. After that, I sort of felt like I was tolerated grudgingly, but he still wasn't happy about it. The first time, I felt a sort of menacing personality. I live in the outskirts of Vegas. Not too many years ago my house was considered a very remote location and there was nothing anywhere nearby, not even stores. In fact there wasn't even a freeway exit then for miles.

For about six months, no one lived there. When I came back, I felt someone didn't want me to stay overnight so badly, I left at 10:00 pm and slept elsewhere. I couldn't start the car fast enough. I know this sounds crazy. I can't describe it. I felt the man's suit was maybe 1950's or 60's, kind of nondescript. Narrow tie. And hat.

It surprised me because this man resembles nobody I know, and because the house is so new, no one's ever lived here before, or even near me, before the 2000's. For some reason, this wasn't what I expected as a "ghost." I don't know why. As long as I've lived here, I haven't really been interested in local history or sights, so this was not something I expected or even thought about.

by Anonymousreply 56610/09/2014

To those talking about Cindy James, you only need to listen to a recording of her voice to conclude that she was seriously mentally ill. I would not doubt the suicide.

by Anonymousreply 56710/09/2014

10 days till Halloween bump

by Anonymousreply 56810/21/2014

[quote]she was seriously mentally ill.

Perfect cover for murder.

by Anonymousreply 56910/21/2014

grim grinning ghosts bump

by Anonymousreply 57010/26/2014

The Highway of Tears really gets to me too.

by Anonymousreply 57110/26/2014

by Anonymousreply 57210/26/2014

by Anonymousreply 57310/31/2014

by Anonymousreply 57411/30/2014

by Anonymousreply 57501/24/2015

by Anonymousreply 57601/24/2015

This story scares the hell out of me. Especially since it happened in a shithole like Gary.

by Anonymousreply 57701/24/2015

What really freaks me out is these local stories where normal pepile just disappear.

I don't mean ill or criminals, regular folks just disappear out of them air.

There is three recent stories in my town. 1. I guy during his lunch break walked into the mall to use the ATM & was never seen again. 2. Father goes out to the market for groceries, parks car & disappears. 3. Gay couple visiting, bf goes for walk & never returns.

Do these people get beamed up, combust, what the hell happens to them??

by Anonymousreply 57801/24/2015

Bitches I'm alone in my house & read all this scary shot, now I'm afraid.

Thanks bitches

by Anonymousreply 57901/25/2015

And then there was the story about the Gary Indiana serial killer who left bodies in abandoned houses. It must be such a creepy place.

by Anonymousreply 58001/25/2015

lil havana in miami us creepy

by Anonymousreply 58101/25/2015

The disappearance of Mary Shotwell Little has haunted me since I was a child - and probably a lot of other people age who grew up in Georgia. So many unanswered questions - how did Mary's car get returned to Lenox Square the day after she disappeared? Why would her kidnapper(s) take her back to NC where she was from? Why did she tell her friends and co-workers she was afraid to be alone in the days and weeks leading up to her disappearance?

by Anonymousreply 58201/25/2015

Aeryn Gillern freaks me right me out. Where the hell did he go? How did only two people see a 6'2 bald muscle running naked through the street of Amsterdam? Why won't the people from the bathouse say anything?

by Anonymousreply 58301/26/2015

The Lonnie Zamora UFO sighting case.

by Anonymousreply 58401/26/2015

by Anonymousreply 58501/29/2015

R578, a lot of times they are people that just want to leave their family and they're fine. A friend's husband told her he was going on a three day business trip. He went on business trips often, so she thought nothing of it. His job actually did require trips, and he had been gone for kids' birthdays, holidays, etc. before. He moved to another state that day, and moved in with his gf. He called days later and told her to tell the kids he was never coming back.

When the wife called his job, she found out that gf was a young secretary at work.

This is why cops refuse to believe people when they say people are missing.

by Anonymousreply 58601/29/2015

damn R586..

by Anonymousreply 58701/29/2015

by Anonymousreply 58804/17/2015

America's long lasting obsession with TV's sweetheart. Mind boggling...

by Anonymousreply 58904/18/2015

The men in black

by Anonymousreply 59004/18/2015

The Nude in the Nettles.

A still unidentified woman whose remains were discovered in 1981 off a minor road in Yorkshire, England. A man gave local police an anonymous tip-off but refused to reveal his identity as he claimed it was in the interests of "national security".

A very unusual (and sad) story.

by Anonymousreply 59104/18/2015

What are the men in black? Not sure what this is referring to.

by Anonymousreply 59204/18/2015

Need a new thread since we're almost to 600. In the meantime...

by Anonymousreply 59304/20/2015

Please Rose, if the Donner party had had this, they STILL would've eaten each other.

by Anonymousreply 59404/20/2015

new thread

by Anonymousreply 59504/21/2015

Parmeceo in Espanol, margauy dries trieta

by Anonymousreply 59604/26/2015

The Dyatlov Pass incident is mine.

by Anonymousreply 59704/26/2015

Is this the new thread?

by Anonymousreply 59804/26/2015

This is the new thread:

by Anonymousreply 59904/26/2015

by Anonymousreply 60004/26/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!