Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fattie sues White Castle because seats are too small

A 290-pound diner claims the White Castle chain has violated the civil rights of its more sizable clientele by not following through on promises to make its tight booths bigger to accommodate their bellies.

Martin Kessman, a 64-year-old New Yorker, filed a complaint after he could barely squeeze into the fast-food restaurants booths and bumped his knees on the table's metal supports, the New York Post reported.

Though White Castle said they would make the booths bigger, there's been no change. The seating's still too small for Kessman, who now sends his wife to get his sliders... to go, the Post said.

"They sent me specs and everything, about how the booths were going to be enlarged and made comfortable for people with a little more weight," Kessman said. "So two and a half years went by, and nothing was done."

The Rockland County man says the chain's uncomfortable booths violate the civil rights of fat people.

The Americans with Disabilities Act is "applicable, not only to me, but to pregnant women and to handicapped people," he said.

"I just want to sit down like a normal person," said Kessman, who is suing for bigger chairs and unspecified damages.

Kessman could have approached a store manager and asked for a regular chair, said White Castle spokeswoman Jamie Richardson, who had no timetable for the expected renovation of the Nanuet store.

by Anonymousreply 7312/29/2012

Their burgers are kinda small too.

by Anonymousreply 109/12/2011

[quote]"I just want to sit down like a normal person," said Kessman, who is suing for bigger chairs and unspecified damages. But you are obese and not a normal person.

by Anonymousreply 209/12/2011

Exactly R2

by Anonymousreply 309/12/2011

r2 Yup! Case closed... I'm sick of those fat fuckers who eat themselves into obesity then say that they have a 'disability' or demand a seat on public transport.. It's because gluttony has made them fat and being and greedy fat fucker is their own fault. You don't get anorexics saying they have a disability.. I do empathise with those people who have genuine medical and health problems with have resulted in weight gain. YOu are not the people I am referring to in my rant. Just those with no self control and poor dietary habits.

by Anonymousreply 409/12/2011

Picture of said fattie

by Anonymousreply 509/12/2011

r5

Somehow I expected more...

by Anonymousreply 609/12/2011

I wish he would have sued an airline. More people would benefit. Talk about tiny seats. "Normal" weight people don't fit in them. God forbid you're over 6 feet tall.

by Anonymousreply 709/12/2011

Impossible! How many times do we have to repeat: THERE ARE NO FAT NEW YORKERS!!!

by Anonymousreply 809/12/2011

He must be from one of the outer boroughs, R8, most likely Queens or SI. Everyone on the isle of Manhattan is positively svelte and trim.

by Anonymousreply 909/12/2011

National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance only has 12 members. I'd have thought they'd be in the thousand at least.

by Anonymousreply 1009/12/2011

He is being deprived of his God-given right to eat White Castle's products!!

We will not stand for this! (Standing is bad for our knees.)

by Anonymousreply 1109/12/2011

blahblahblah%0D %0D Did anyone else read the part about how White Castle already said they were going to fix it but haven't? Let's have a little denunciation of the lyig bastards of corporate America, too. Fatties are just too easy.

by Anonymousreply 1209/12/2011

Let's stand up for the procrastinators!

by Anonymousreply 1309/12/2011

%0D But New Yorkers only eat at Le Cirque and Babbo. This article must be some flyover attempt at humor.

by Anonymousreply 1409/12/2011

"Kessman, who now sends his wife to get his sliders... to go, the Post said."%0D %0D %0D So keep getting them to go and STFU. Why do you expect special treatment cause you're a fat pig?

by Anonymousreply 1509/12/2011

R12, White Castle is a family-owned and run business that hardly fits your idiot's-delight notion of Big Bad Corporate America. The firm was one of -if the THE - first fast food company that consciously instilled pride and a sense of give-back with employees, and offered better benefits packages than other shit-hole greasy spoons. Many employees spend years there, because working conditions are better than average.

As for the negligence to fulfill commitments, maybe you should slide your own big fat cunt down to the data and report back to us on how long this fat ass has been waiting for the company to retrofit its restaurants to accommodate his enormous girth. It doesn't happen overnight, and White Castles are notorious for being very limited in space.

If fatties are easy, so is your reflexive blah blah blah based on gas from a fat ass's press release, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1609/12/2011

[quote]National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance only has 12 members. I'd have thought they'd be in the thousand at least.%0D %0D It only looks that way at the meetings.

by Anonymousreply 1709/12/2011

The immediate answer is obvious: the obese fat slobs can order "Carry out" and eat them in the wide open spaces, e.g., in their car.

by Anonymousreply 1809/12/2011

He's from New York State not New York City.

If he wins I wonder what maximum girth accommodation will be mandated. Will White Castle have to build booths that can fit a 500-pounder who is two and a half feet wide when seated? If so, how will slimmer customers be able to reach their food when there is a yard of space between the tabletop and the back of the booth?

by Anonymousreply 1909/12/2011

I think White Castle should build an adult size baby high chair for eating. Something out of reinforced steel that can support the human tonnage. The obese person sits in the high chair, and then a tray can be slid into place at whatever degree of space is required. %0D %0D Since Freudian analysis would say that most voluntary obese people have stopped maturing at an oral stage (like babies that put everything in their mouth), then this would have great symbollic justice also.

by Anonymousreply 2009/12/2011

[R10] They all died of congestive heart failure.

In all seriousness - I don't think this is at all a valid case. I think having seating for different sized people on, say, a bus or plane is not an insane idea.

But harrassing a private business over this sort of thing, especially when the food is the drug that feeds their addiction, is ridiculous.

And anyway, most fast food restaurants HAVE areas where the chairs are adjustable to adhere to ADA guidelines. Why isn't he parking his fat ass in one of those?

by Anonymousreply 2109/12/2011

You really thought I was serious, r16? Talk about your easy target.

by Anonymousreply 2209/12/2011

[quote]Why isn't he parking his fat ass in one of those?

Because I can't sue them over a chair!

by Anonymousreply 2309/12/2011

I thought the obese rode around on those scooters, in which case he would always be sitting on the correct size seat.

by Anonymousreply 2409/12/2011

Stereotype much?

by Anonymousreply 2609/12/2011

R12/R22:

Nice try backpedaling.

And, yes. We have it on good authority your ass makes you an easy target.

by Anonymousreply 2709/12/2011

You'd think this would be an incentive for him to stop overeating. But no, now he gets his food to go.

by Anonymousreply 2809/12/2011

Why do fatties think they can sue someone because they have no self control. Have your pie-hole wired shut, why don't ya??? Jeez...

by Anonymousreply 3109/12/2011

You%E2%80%99d think fast food outlets would be extremely interested in pleasing in customers who buy $50 worth of sliders for lunch every day.

by Anonymousreply 3209/12/2011

The tubba should just go to Walgreen's.

They have Castille Blanc frozen burgers in the food section, and the Walgreen's aisles are wide enough for his gigundous hideousness.

by Anonymousreply 3309/12/2011

R20, that is rather a brilliant idea. Stand alone chairs made for the obese that can be pulled into proximity to the dining party that can fit in a standard booth. I suggest that they have wheels that lock.

by Anonymousreply 3409/12/2011

Mozzerella Sticks at White Castle rules!

by Anonymousreply 3509/12/2011

by Anonymousreply 3609/12/2011

This is a case in which the free market should take care of the problem. I'm not sure why White Castle would NOT want to make its eating area big enough for these kinds of fatties to be comfortable. It's like a No Smoking sign in a cigar store.

by Anonymousreply 3709/12/2011

[quote]But you are obese and not a normal person.%0D %0D In America, obese IS now the normal, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 3809/12/2011

[quote] THERE ARE NO FAT NEW YORKERS!!!%0D %0D [quote] But New Yorkers only eat at Le Cirque and Babbo. This article must be some flyover attempt at humor.%0D %0D %0D %0D Excuse us, flyover queens, but it clearly states "Nanuet mall" in the article. He is from NY state, not NY city. Nanuet is upstate in Rockland County.

by Anonymousreply 3909/13/2011

My friend's sister is skinny. She happens to have one of those metabolisms where she can drink like a fish and eat at a restaurant 3 times a week and not gain an ounce.%0D %0D All of her life, she has dated and married slim men. The last time she was at my house, she declared that fat people should be killed. %0D %0D Well, she's 60 years old now and, after her last divorce, her dating pool is considerably smaller than before. Surprise, surprise, she is now dating a fat guy. He has a huge stomach and on his facebook page he is sitting at a table with stacks and stacks of empty White Castle hamburger boxe.s in front of him. %0D %0D She's dating him because he has money and she hasn't a pot to piss in. She hopes to marry his fat ass. Maybe he'll sue White Castle and get more money.

by Anonymousreply 4009/13/2011

OMG, he's 64. He's clearly eating himself to death. This is his way of leaving a little something for the family, I suspect.

by Anonymousreply 4109/13/2011

I wanted to go to White Castles on Christmas Day and it was a closed.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

by Anonymousreply 4212/27/2012

r2

The Democrats fixed it so everyone with any problem how little, can impose their will on the masses. Why do you think public transportation has skyrocketed. So the three people in wheelchairs can take any bus in the city they want.

by Anonymousreply 4312/27/2012

Back in the old days, fatties just sat at tables. I used to work at Ponderosa in the 80's, similar to Golden Corral or Home Country Buffet.

Anyway I was working the breakfast shift and in walk these two fatties. Hubby & wife, drop their trays off at a booth, and head right away to the buffet. They load up their plate sky high, and head back to the table. Hubby sits down, his belly is so big he has to push the table away from him. Wife tries to squeeze in and she can't. The whole staff is howling. Well they end up moving to a table, where both can stretch out.

One of those memories I'll never forget.

by Anonymousreply 4412/27/2012

White Castle's new seating for larger patrons.

by Anonymousreply 4512/27/2012

I hate obese people. So much

by Anonymousreply 4612/27/2012

And we hate you, r46. We know you'll never be as pretty as you think you are.

by Anonymousreply 4712/27/2012

I like obese people. They don't give a fuck what the world thinks of them.

They're all like, "I'm fat and no one likes fatties, but I'll keep eating all the same."

That's truly is giving the world the middle finger.

You gotta admire that.

by Anonymousreply 4812/27/2012

Wide Asshole, as they are known in the Midwest, should cut the cheapskate routine and provide sofas for their diners. What in the hell happened to innovation in this rush to the bottom line culture?

by Anonymousreply 4912/27/2012

Them's good eating.

by Anonymousreply 5012/27/2012

R43, you're all heart.

by Anonymousreply 5112/27/2012

R43, what can I say? You have absolutely no fucking idea what you are talking about. Americans With Disabilities legislation was championed by Bob Dole. A republican.

Got it?

And you R30, you never miss a chance to spread your poison around. Christ, it must be awful being you.

by Anonymousreply 5212/27/2012

You'd expect seating for fats to be standard at such an establishment.

by Anonymousreply 5312/27/2012

42, the family who own White Castle are Christians who feel it's imporant for their employees to have time off to celebrate the reason for the season.

by Anonymousreply 5412/27/2012

They should make seats at one table big enough for fat people. Then, it should have a sign reading: "Seating restricted to obese people."

by Anonymousreply 5512/27/2012

White Castle is yum, yum good eats.

by Anonymousreply 5612/28/2012

OP, sometime back they invented a letter called "Y". Nowadays it is one fatty, and two or more fatties.

by Anonymousreply 5712/28/2012

r57

Who died and put you in charge of spelling?

by Anonymousreply 5812/28/2012

It was the "Oh, Dear" poster who put me in charge of it just this one time.

by Anonymousreply 5912/28/2012

I LOVE FAT JOKES!

Ok, Ok, I'll start you off and you finish the joke:

"He was so fat that......"

by Anonymousreply 6012/28/2012

I have a fatty for a building manager and he came up to my apartment to help me with a drainage problem in my bathroom and he came about 15 minutes earlier than he was supposed ta and I had just used the toilet and anyway, I tried to keep him out of my bathroom for as long as I could but he just wanted to look at the sink right away, and my bathroom smelled a little bit (I'll be honest) and he just STOOD there like taking it all in. And then, even after he checked out my sink issues, he took a phone call in the bathroom, after I had taken a 3 alarm dump just moments before. It was like he was intoxicated by it. GROSS

by Anonymousreply 6112/28/2012

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 6212/28/2012

Wy doesn't this customer just blow his brains out?

I mean if he is trying to kill himself, he might as well make it quick and painless.

by Anonymousreply 6312/28/2012

Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

Seems simple to me - too fat to fit in a seat? Lose weight. For fucks sake.

by Anonymousreply 6512/28/2012

The ADA happened. That requires businesses make accommodation for people with disabilities. If you want to be bigoted don't do it here, you racist.

by Anonymousreply 6612/28/2012

[quote]The ADA happened. That requires businesses make accommodation for people with disabilities. If you want to be bigoted don't do it here, you racist.

Are you serious R66???

Please explain how I am being racist and a bigot thank you very much.

The man is claiming that someone else should change their surroundings because he is so morbidly obese he can't fit into the resturant seating. Where is his personal responsibility?

Logically - if someone is too fat to fit in a seat (whether it be a normal sized dining seat in a restaurant or an airplane seat that normally sized people fit into) and they are massively obese, then they need to lose weight.

I didn't realise being uncontrollably and uncaringly obese was a disability. That sounds like a great excuse to get even fatter and then blame someone else for being so morbidly obese.

It's [bold]always[/bold] someone else's fault after all...

by Anonymousreply 6812/28/2012

[quote]Please explain how I am being racist and a bigot thank you very much

Because you don't like fat people. Replace the word fat with black and everyone would undoubtedly call you a racist. THAT IS WHY

by Anonymousreply 6912/29/2012

[quote]Please explain how I am being racist and a bigot thank you very much.

You just don't get it, do you? By virtue of the fact that the guy is a human being he has the same rights as you. It doesn't matter whether he's fat, thin, black, white, gay, straight, etc. White Castle doesn't get to turn him away by designing their restaurants so they can discriminate based on the dimensions, or the color, or the orientation of their preferred model customer.

Stop being such a bigot.

by Anonymousreply 7012/29/2012

[quote]Because you don't like fat people. Replace the word fat with black and everyone would undoubtedly call you a racist. THAT IS WHY

"fat" isn't a race.

[quote]White Castle doesn't get to turn him away by designing their restaurants so they can discriminate based on the dimensions, or the color, or the orientation of their preferred model customer.

Nowhere does it say they turned him away.

by Anonymousreply 7112/29/2012

Glad to hear Ann Romney isn't sitting at home pouting.

by Anonymousreply 7212/29/2012

r65

Ask President Welfare Obama. He did away with it. The food stamp president.

by Anonymousreply 7312/29/2012
Need more help? Click Here.