Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Queen Helene Mint Julep Face Mask

Queens, what was frenzy surrounding this product? I just bought some, along with a tube of QH cocoa butter lotion. Is it any good?

by Anonymousreply 2205/20/2013

No. It is not any good.

by Anonymousreply 109/08/2011

It has a lot of toxic ingredients in it. Google it.

by Anonymousreply 209/08/2011

"Queens, what was frenzy surrounding this product?"

Scheduling the time for her to come over and sit on my face. Once she settled in/on, I always had the sense that there was more to her secret ingredient than just mint.

by Anonymousreply 309/08/2011

The ingredient list sulfur. Is that bad?

So what's a good, mild face mask? I'm blonde/ fair skinned.

by Anonymousreply 409/08/2011

Here OP:

by Anonymousreply 509/08/2011

Sulfur is an ingredient in ProActive's magical zip-zapping cream.

by Anonymousreply 609/08/2011

So that's why pro active does not work and smells so bad.

by Anonymousreply 709/08/2011

NOT one to write home about, I would try Mary Kay mask3, it's better, or they clinique emergency masque.

by Anonymousreply 809/08/2011

It makes fantastic lube!

by Anonymousreply 909/08/2011

Very, very drying unless you have extremely oily skin.

by Anonymousreply 1009/08/2011

It was 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 1109/08/2011

One whiff, and I feel like I'm at the Kentucky Derby!

by Anonymousreply 1209/08/2011

[quote]One whiff, and I feel like I'm at the Kentucky Derby!

Are you saying it smells like horseshit?

by Anonymousreply 1309/21/2011

I miss The Incredible Blue Mask.

by Anonymousreply 1409/21/2011

I love the stuff and use it a couple of times a week, leaving it on for 30 min.+ at a time. Clears my pores and leaves my skin feeling smooth.

by Anonymousreply 1509/21/2011

All hail Queen Helene!

by Anonymousreply 1609/21/2011

Didnt Jeff use this on Big Brother? I wont be using this if it turns me into a douchebag like him.

by Anonymousreply 1709/21/2011

I was at Sally Beauty Supply the other day and they are still selling that shit.

by Anonymousreply 1809/21/2011

[quote]So what's a good, mild face mask? I'm blonde/ fair skinned.

Depends what you want the mask to do. Moisturize? Calm? Lessen oil? Deep-clean (which is a meaningless term anyway)?

For my fellow greasies, the very best mask you can use is plain old Milk of Magnesia, the milky, chalky stuff in the big blue bottle that's good for upset tummies.

Just apply a light layer of the M.o.M. with a cotton pad, leave on 5-20+ mins, rinse well, and you will be squeak-free for hours!

On hot summer days when I'm alone at home, I sometimes leave the M.o.M. on for hours.

When I don't use the M.o.M., I have to wash my face at least a couple of times a day, to properly de-grease.

by Anonymousreply 1909/21/2011

Although basically the same stuff as the American version, the Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Lotion sold here in Canada is better. It is less waxy and it contains Urea, and judging by the ingredient list, there's more lanolin in it than the American version.

Strange: the Canadian version says it is made by Para Laboratories in Hampstead NY 11550, whereas the one I bought in the States says it is made by the Hain Celestial Group in Melville NY 11747.

The Canadian bottle (with a bare design compared to the more flashy American bottle) just instructs to use on hands and body, and not face. The American bottle includes face, body and hands, but it is AWFUL for the face, whereas the Canadian bottle is nice on the face (perhaps because of the Urea).

by Anonymousreply 2005/20/2013

Loved the mint smell when I was a kid in the 70s/80s. Hmmm...I had forgotten all about it...

by Anonymousreply 2105/20/2013

I used this shit back in the 90's when I was in high school and didn't know anything about which products were good and which ones weren't. The answer is, no, it doesn't work. In fact, it made my face break out.

How this shit still sells I'll never know.

by Anonymousreply 2205/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!