Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"The Killing Kind" (1973). Ann Sothern, John Savage & Cindy Williams.

Curtis Harrington's chilling quirky masterpiece. Similar to "Willard" (not on dvd), with great supporting character parts. Black humor, scary performance by Savage, Cindy William's death sequence is scary.

by Anonymousreply 2108/15/2013

Trivia: The 1979 movie "The Attic" features Carrie Snodgress and Ray Milland as characters originated in "The Killing Kind."

by Anonymousreply 109/05/2011

They're the next door snoopy daughter and father. I thought John would kill her, she's good, the actors are all interesting in this.

by Anonymousreply 209/05/2011

He also did "What's the Matter with Helen?"

by Anonymousreply 309/05/2011

Love Cindy's nitwit aspiring model/actress and she is frightening real in her bathtub murder scene.

by Anonymousreply 409/05/2011

"They say I have an interesting face."%0D %0D "Yes, that's what they say when they don't mean pretty."

by Anonymousreply 509/05/2011

Are you a good boy?

by Anonymousreply 609/05/2011

What's the Matter with Helen?

by Anonymousreply 709/05/2011

Most. brilliant. trailer, evah! Ann Sothern was a genius!

by Anonymousreply 809/05/2011

The movie starts off with a gang rape under the boardwalk with male & female nudity. The woman is really good, she appeared in "Faster, Pussycat, Kill!"

by Anonymousreply 909/06/2011

Is "The Killing Kind" available anywhere online for free? I checked Hulu and it's not there and it's been taken down from YT.%0D %0D TIA%0D

by Anonymousreply 1009/06/2011

Don't know if it's online for free, the semi-sequel "The Attic" is on YouTube, I watched a little of it last night, not as good, 'though.

by Anonymousreply 1109/06/2011

Thanks R11. I didn't think it was. I've been Googling and have come up with nothing.

by Anonymousreply 1209/06/2011

Guys, i want to know more for Ann Sothern. You know any gossip about her?

by Anonymousreply 1305/22/2013

to know more ABOUT ANN SOTHERN

by Anonymousreply 1405/22/2013

Ann Sothern, a singer in her early career, she sang with Artie Shaw among others. She was also a published songwriter and recorded two albums.

Her mother was a concert singer who traveled; Ann followed suit studying singing and musical composition. In later years her mother became a diction and vocal coach and taught microphone technique for talking pictures.

She had been so busy in the entertainment industry for so many years, once quipped that she had done everything in the business except rodeo.

Her younger sister was the prolific singer/songwriter Bonnie Lake who wrote several popular standards such as "Sandman", "I've Got Your Number" and "Gracias" - songs later recorded by such big band stars as Tommy Dorsey and Benny Goodman. In the 1940s, Bonnie founded the Bonnie Lake Music Publishing Company.

Ann was left visibly overweight by a bout of hepatitis, she only wore black outfits in her 1950s sitcoms "Private Secretary" (1953) and "The Ann Sothern Show" (1958)

In her role as Susie McNamara on "Private Secretary" (1953) (which ran 1953-1958), Sothern played the first working woman on an American TV sitcom

She is the mother of look-alike, sound-alike actress Tisha Sterling. The two appeared in The Whales of August (1987), with Tisha, in the prelude scene, portraying a younger-day Ann.

by Anonymousreply 1505/22/2013

The entire movie is on YT

by Anonymousreply 1605/22/2013

Disturbing opening.

by Anonymousreply 1705/22/2013

Greatest line from the film:

Sexually repressed older woman to young John Savage: "It must be wonderful ..."

Nervous John Savage: "What?"

Sexually repressed older woman: "Being raped ..."

by Anonymousreply 1805/22/2013

Only worth viewing in the background.

by Anonymousreply 1905/22/2013

AKA "The Bad Semen"

by Anonymousreply 2005/22/2013

Is this the movie where the blond guy likes to kill pretty women because they are pretty? And he also killed a "pretty" little dog?

At one point, the lodger who is infatuated with him wears a horrid wig and ridiculous make up, because she clumsily attempts to be "pretty" for him.

He doesn't want her to be pretty, so she thinks he accepts her for who she is, but then realises he is mad.

Wasn't one of the muder recorded on audio tape? Is taht it?

by Anonymousreply 2108/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!