Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

He Had a Hot Ass, But He Died: Forgotten Hotties Who Died Young

Robert Francis%0D %0D %0D William Eythe%0D %0D %0D Wallace Reid

by Anonymousreply 10212/05/2013

Jon-Erik Hexum

by Anonymousreply 109/04/2011

David Oliver (AIDS) Spencer Garbett (suicide)

by Anonymousreply 209/04/2011

Merritt Butrick

by Anonymousreply 409/04/2011

Somebody should have done a movie about Wallace Reid. He was one of the biggest stars of his era. He seemed to be flawless; a big, handsome, talented guy, a family man. He was very popular and the movie studio worked him to death, like it did with Clara Bow. He was given morphine to keep going and got hooked. His addiction eventually killed him although he didn't die of an overdose. He wasn't even 35 years old. %0D %0D Russell Crowe would have been perfect to play him.

by Anonymousreply 509/04/2011

Alessandro Momo.

He co-starred with Laura Antonelli in two 70s Italian sex comedies, and in the original version of "The Scent of a Woman" (in the Chris O'Donnell role). He died in a motorcycle crash, 5 days before his 21st birthday.

by Anonymousreply 609/04/2011

Pablo Santos.

Mexican actor who appeared in American tv shows. Scientology member. Died in a plane crash at 19.

by Anonymousreply 709/04/2011

Robert Francis was absolutely gorgeous in "The Long Gray Line." I like to imagine that he had an opportunity to play with Tyrone Power during breaks in filming.

by Anonymousreply 809/04/2011

Ross Hill. Adopted son of the hugely popular (in Europe) Italian actor Terence Hill. Co-starred with this father in one film, then died in a car crash at 16.

by Anonymousreply 909/04/2011

Shawn Phelan.

Was in "Boy Soldiers" with Wil Wheaton. Had a car crash when he was 19 - died after a 4-year-coma.

by Anonymousreply 1009/04/2011

this father = his father

by Anonymousreply 1109/04/2011

Glenn Quinn

Becky's hot husband, Mark, on "Roseanne

by Anonymousreply 1209/04/2011

Mark Frankel. Rising British star, dead at 34 in a motorcycle accident.

by Anonymousreply 1309/04/2011

Jeffrey Hunter

by Anonymousreply 1509/04/2011

I had no idea Mark from Roseanne died. He was the reason I watched that show.%0D %0D Jonathan Brandis hung himself at 27.%0D %0D David Strickland hung himself at 29.%0D %0D Christopher Pettiet OD'd at 24.%0D %0D I doubt they're forgotten though. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1609/05/2011

Ministry of Gossip: Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband Prince Frederic von Anhalt hit by car

by Anonymousreply 1709/05/2011

Jonathan Brandis...sigh.

by Anonymousreply 1909/05/2011

Useless Trivia:

Wallace Reid's father in law was Judy's grandpa (Harry Davenport) in Meet Me In St. Louis.

by Anonymousreply 2009/05/2011

Brandon De Wilde

died in an auto accident in 1972 at the age of 30

by Anonymousreply 2109/05/2011

Thanks R18%0D %0D It should be hanged.

by Anonymousreply 2209/05/2011

Brad Renfro

by Anonymousreply 2309/05/2011

Rodney Harvey (The Outsiders TV show, My Own Private Idaho)

1967-1998 drug overdose

by Anonymousreply 2409/05/2011

Pierre Blaise

by Anonymousreply 2509/05/2011

Stephen Boyd

by Anonymousreply 2609/05/2011

Mark Frechette - 1947-1975

Frechette died in prison after robbing a bank. His acting debut was in Michelangelo Antonioni's controversial exploration of turbulent 1970 America, Zabriskie Point (1970). As Antonioni toured the U.S., experiencing cultural clash firsthand and shooting background footage, a talent scout saw Frechette, a carpenter, scream and throw a flowerpot at a woman on a Boston street. Antonioni immediately cast Frechette, a non-actor, in the movie's lead role: a college student, wrongfully hunted for the murder of a policeman during a campus uprising.

Throughout the filming, Mark Frechette and the director disagreed bitterly about the script, while Frechette had an affair with co-star Daria Halprin. After the film, she joined Frechette in Mel Lyman's Boston commune, which supposedly had previously turned Frechette away, but accepted him after he was cast in Zabriskie Point (1970). Lyman had been a member of the Jim Kweskin Jug Band. Frechette donated $60,000 from films to the commune. Halprin soon left the Fort Hill commune.

Frechette quickly starred in 2 Italian movies, then was arrested for a 1973 bank robbery a few blocks from the commune, in which "Hercules" Thien, 1 of his 2 fellow cult member accomplices, was killed. Frechette's own gun had no bullets. After his arrest, Frechette explained the bank robbery: "It would be like a direct attack on everything that is choking this country to death". In 1975, while serving a 6-15 year prison sentence, a 150 pound weight Frechette was lifting fell on his throat, killing him.

by Anonymousreply 2709/05/2011

Great thread. Billy Breymer, david michael morrison

by Anonymousreply 2809/05/2011

Soap actor Timothy Patrick Murphy of AIDS, 1988 - and his poor family. His brother died 9/11 working at the Towers.

by Anonymousreply 2909/05/2011

SEAN FLYNN (born May 31, 1941; disappeared April 6, 1970, age 28; declared legally dead in 1984) was an American actor and freelance photojournalist best known for his coverage of the Vietnam War. He started a news service in Saigon with John Steinbeck IV, son of the American author.

Flynn was the only child of the marriage of Errol Flynn and Lili Damita. After studying briefly at Duke University, he became a movie actor like his parents. When he retired from acting, Flynn became a freelance photojournalist under contract to Time. In a search for exceptional images, he attached himself to Special Forces units and even irregulars operating in remote areas.

by Anonymousreply 3009/05/2011

Sean Flynn was very close to George Hamilton. They grew up in Palm Beach, Florida and went to school together. Sean can be seen in several beach scenes of "Where The Boys Are." George starred in that film with Dolores Hart, Connie Francis, Paula Prentiss and Jim Hutton.

by Anonymousreply 3209/05/2011

Wow, awesome post R27 (Mark Frechette). Great reading.

by Anonymousreply 3309/05/2011

Beautiful blonde Steve Fox. What a hot ass!

by Anonymousreply 3409/05/2011

Anyone who has seen Hud knows that Brandon deWilde is *not* forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 3609/05/2011

For all you listing Jonathan Brandis, you've heard all the crazy shit on the net about somebody claiming to be possessed by his spirit right? They post all over the net all this coo coo shit. %0D %0D Let the poor boy rest.

by Anonymousreply 3709/05/2011

Peter Deuel

by Anonymousreply 3809/06/2011

Wally Reid.

Hollywood Babylon has a picture of him "airing his basket." ( Couldn't find it online)

by Anonymousreply 3909/06/2011

Merritt Butrick. Played "Johnny Slash" in "Square Pegs" and Kirk's son in two of the Star Wars movies. Died at age 29 of AIDs.

by Anonymousreply 4009/06/2011

"Pete Deuel."%0D %0D He shortened his last name to "Duel." He was so handsome and talented, but unfortunately also an alcoholic and probably manic-depressive. He was young, handsome, talented and a successful actor on a popular tv series when he killed himself at age 31 by shooting himself in the head. He was blind drunk when he did it, so maybe it could be considered accidental. %0D %0D I never considered Brad Davis a "hot ass." He was short and tiny and his hair was so thin that he started losing it at a young age and had to get hair plugs. Plus he was an absolute train wreck; a drug addict, sex addict and alcoholic. His widow's memoir of her life with him is a good book but hard to read; their marriage was a kind of hell on earth.

by Anonymousreply 4109/06/2011

Guido Mannari.

played Macro in "Caligula".

Italian stud (gay) who died at 44.

by Anonymousreply 4209/06/2011

Brandon Lee

by Anonymousreply 4309/06/2011

Barry Brown

by Anonymousreply 4409/06/2011

I fucking LOVED Peter Duel. Jim Hutton was hot, too. And Jeffrey Hunter.

by Anonymousreply 4509/06/2011

Wasn't Brad Davis bi?

by Anonymousreply 4609/06/2011

"Wasn't Brad Davis bi?"%0D %0D He was a sex addict who would do it with anybody, male or female. His widow is a plain, large casting director named Susan Bluestein. She was thrilled to be his lover and later his wife; she had low self esteem and here was this cute guy who seemed crazy about her and wanted sex all the time. Trouble was, he wanted sex all the time with EVERYBODY. His mania was such that when he would come home after being out doing who knows what pounce on her while she was asleep. She put up with a lot from him; it was a very co-dependent relationship. %0D %0D She insists he was not gay, although she does note that he got along really, REALLY well with gay men. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4709/06/2011

Robert Francis only did a few films. He was killed in a plane crash at age 25 so he was just getting started. When he comes on the screen, it just takes your breath away.

by Anonymousreply 4809/06/2011

Ross Alexander, a Warner Bros. contract player who had some success but was a mess and shot himself at age 29 in 1937. He is of historical interest because immediately after his death Warner Bros. signed Ronald Reagan to replace him because Reagan resembled him somewhat and had similar qualities in his acting. Just think, if Alexander had lived, Reagan might never have been a successful actor and therefore never President. The mind boggles. Alexander is on the right in the photo.

by Anonymousreply 4909/06/2011

Btw, I remember hearing somewhere that Robert Francis was rumored to have had an affair with Tony Perkins

by Anonymousreply 5009/06/2011

Robert Francis's death was odd -- but not in a conspiracy theory way. He went up in a plane owned by a producer who also brought along his "secretary." The plane took off from Burbank airport and immediately got into trouble. There is a cemetery just south of the airport with a big wide drive, but when he aimed to land it there, he saw all the people down below, doing Sunday visiting, so he pulled up and then ended up crashing into a nearby factory's parking lot.

When the police and firefighters got to the wreckage, they found Francis behind the controls and the producer and his friend in the back seat. Francis had never before piloted a plane, but he had been the one who had flown it to its (and his) quick demise.

by Anonymousreply 5109/06/2011

Francis was one of those 50's hotties cast more for his looks than his talent.

by Anonymousreply 5209/06/2011

Robert Francis. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 5309/06/2011

John Dall (probably best known for Hitchcock's Rope)

by Anonymousreply 5409/07/2011

The beautiful Howard Rollins. He'd lost his looks by the time of "In the Heat of The Night," but we have his absolute perfection in A Soldier's Story, Ragtime, and the TV miniseries KING.

Here he is in a homoerotic pillow fight scene with Miss Paul Winfield ("MLK") and fellow King inner circle just before the fatal moment.

For a brief moment we can see his glorious ass. First 3 minutes, before all hell breaks loose.

by Anonymousreply 5509/08/2011

A guy by the name of Brock Chester had just gotten his big break in show business by being cast in a 1969 TV series called "Bracken's World." The powers that be decided to take the show in a different direction for the second season and Brock was out of a job. Depressed and from all accounts a victim of low self esteem for most of his life, he ended his life at 24 with an overdose in his camper van on the Pacific Ocean coast.

He was extremely good looking but there are no pictures of this guy that I can find through Google. His IMDB entry is at the link.

He was also one of the graduates profiled in the book: "What Really Happened to the Class of'65" by Michael Medved and David Wallechinsky. The book has several pictures of Brock at various ages.

by Anonymousreply 5609/08/2011

R.I.P. Joey Stefano.

by Anonymousreply 5709/08/2011

Kim Milford%0D %0D Christopher Gable

by Anonymousreply 5809/08/2011

Trying Steve Fox again.

by Anonymousreply 6009/08/2011

Andy Whitfield from the Starz series SPARTACUS.

by Anonymousreply 6109/12/2011

Hey, did you forget me.

by Anonymousreply 6209/12/2011

[quote]Andy Whitfield from the Starz series SPARTACUS.%0D %0D %0D Can you not comprehend "Forgotten Hotties"??? How can he be forgotten when he's being discussed in the news?

by Anonymousreply 6309/12/2011

bump for a great thread

by Anonymousreply 6410/05/2011

R1 nailed it. Jon-Erik Hexum was the hottest prematurely-dead piece of ass ever.

by Anonymousreply 6510/05/2011

I haven't read all 4 pages of posts but I'm sure someone has mentioned Brad Davis by now.

by Anonymousreply 6610/05/2011

Robert Drivas = died of Aids in the mid 80s. He shows his butt in The Illustrated Man in 1969 with Rod Steiger and Claire Bloom. He also has a small part in Cool Hand Luke, and a few other films.

The other young guy in Hello Dolly - Danny Lockin who played Barnaby. Killed by a pickup.

English actors who died young: Jeremy Brett, Mark Burns, Gary Bond, Ian Charlson (Aids), and those 50s stars Laurence Harvey, Stanley Baker and Stephen Boyd all died in their 40s, not forgotten though.

by Anonymousreply 6710/05/2011

Jon-Erik Hexum was fucking beautiful. What a tragedy that was.

by Anonymousreply 6810/05/2011

Phillip Holmes, a rising star during the 30's. Tall, muscular, blond and a talented actor. He was in the original "An American Tragedy" 1931 with Sylvia Sidney on which "A Place in the Sun" was based. He died at 35 in a mid-air collison after leaving Hollywood and joining the RAF during WWII. Look at Google "An American Tragedy" to see pictures of him.

by Anonymousreply 6910/05/2011

Phillips Holmes

by Anonymousreply 7010/05/2011

David Huffman, stage, screen (FIREFOX), and TV actor and husband of talent manager Phyllis Huffman. Played the gay brother of Richard Jordan's character in CAPTAINS AND THE KINGS miniseries. Killed at age 39. Here's an account of his tragic death:

[quote]It was the morning of February 27, 1985, and actor David Huffman was in his van, playing the bagpipes, in the parking lot near the theater. Close by there were shouts, an elderly couple by their motorhome yelling that somebody had broken into their vehicle, and Huffman looked up to see a young man fleeing the scene. David gunned his engine and followed the suspect, only to see him disappear into the foliage of one of the steep canyons in Balboa Park. Stopping his van and leaving it by the road in a red zone, Huffman jumped from his van and ran into Palm Canyon, chasing after the suspect who continued deeper into the thick growth. The suspect was momentarily held back by a fence, and Huffman caught up to him. The two men struggled and just a moment later Huffman was attacked with a sharp instrument, his chest pierced twice, and he went down. The suspect continued his escape. Minutes later, Huffman had bled to death, and his body was found an hour later by a group of schoolchildren on a nature hike.

by Anonymousreply 7110/05/2011

R67, Jeremy Brett was 62 when he died, so not "young" by any stretch of the word.

by Anonymousreply 7210/05/2011

OMG I remember David Huffman. Yes he was beautiful. He had just been in an episode of Newhart where he played Julia Duffy's old boyfriend and I think they dedicated the episode to him.

Anyone remember Larry Breeding? He was kind of an offbeat actor, strangely good looking and humorous. Again found out he'd died when he did an Eight Is Enough and they dedicated the ep to him.

Sarah Jessica Parker's ties to three of the young men mentioned in this thread, who all died of AIDS. 1. She 'dated' Timothy Patrick Murphy. 2. David Oliver played her husband on A Year In the Life and 3. Merrit Buttrick was her co-star on Square Pegs. I wonder if anyone has ever interviewed her about these beautiful men?

by Anonymousreply 7310/05/2011

Steve Jobs

by Anonymousreply 7410/05/2011

Freddie Prinze, Sr.

by Anonymousreply 7510/06/2011

Another vote for Robert Francis, killed after piloting a plane when he didn't know how to fly.

by Anonymousreply 7609/15/2012

Timothy Patrick Murphy, at R2, claimed to have an an affair with Brad Davis, at R31. Davis btw committing assisted suicide.

by Anonymousreply 7709/15/2012

Oops, that should've been R29 at R77.

by Anonymousreply 7809/15/2012

More hotties who died young, please.

by Anonymousreply 7911/24/2012

Lindon Hawk. Fuck I miss his ass. His death was so sudden and fucked up, too. Crazy how you can be here one minute and gone the next...

by Anonymousreply 8011/24/2012

Antony Hamilton -

That Cover Up show was the curse of death...literally.

by Anonymousreply 8111/24/2012

I had great sex with Tony. Movie star handsome, beautiful body, naturally masculine. Total bottom. He would have had a big career. The AIDS got him.

by Anonymousreply 8211/24/2012

River Phoenix!

by Anonymousreply 8311/24/2012

Paul Newman was never the same after the death of Brandon.

by Anonymousreply 8411/24/2012

It's been said but I'll say it again Jon-Erik Hexum. Gone too soon--he didn't get to show us enough of his body.

Like someone mentioned upthread Ricky Nelson and Rodney Harvey (My Own Private Idaho).

Rodney was in a TV version of The Outsiders on FOX and his equally beautiful costar Harold Pruett also died of an overdose.

by Anonymousreply 8511/24/2012

In reply to R82. What was Tony like in real life? How did he dress? One of my favorite actors.

by Anonymousreply 8605/27/2013

the Tony Hamilton troll is asking everyone what Tony wore everyday??? on five threads.

by Anonymousreply 8705/27/2013

Two threads...

by Anonymousreply 8805/27/2013

Nobody has mentioned Sal Mineo yet?

by Anonymousreply 8905/27/2013

Since OP stipulated "forgotten" hotties, I can't go with James Dean, so I'll just add Heath Ledger. Australian, I think, in a few films then died.

by Anonymousreply 9005/27/2013

Marc Bolan

by Anonymousreply 9105/27/2013

Wade Dominguez died at age 32 from respiratory failure.

He was a featured actor in "Dangerous Minds" with Michelle Pfeiffer. He was a go go dancer for a while, then a model and then started to get some movie work with the help of Elaine May. She discovered him while he was taking acting lessons from her daughter, Jeannie Berlin.

by Anonymousreply 9205/27/2013

Paul Keenan;

He played the stable hand in a few of the earliest episodes of the 80's mega-hit 'Dynasty'. I met he after he had returned to his family home in Massachusetts when he was done w/ his LA life. When we first met up Paul was striking and in great athletic shape and fun spirit. Sadly, much like it was back then, that all changed almost overnight. He passed within a year of our meeting. I wish i had spent more time with him. RIP Paul

by Anonymousreply 9312/04/2013

R1, Glad to see Jon-Erik Hexum as the first post. I think he owns this thread. Apparently as dumb as he was big & beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 9512/04/2013

[quote]Rommel E. Hunt, 31, who has appeared in a number of gay-oriented adult films, died Oct. 23 in Atlanta after a two-year struggle with mental illness, according to his life partner, Jim Brams. The DeKalb County coroner has ruled the death a suicide.

[quote]Under the stage name "Steve Fox," Hunt acted in seven adult films and starred in four, Brams said. His credits include "Secret Shore Leave," "Flashpoint," "Compulsion" and "Buttbusters."

His parents must be so proud.

by Anonymousreply 9612/04/2013

R94, Jesus certainly died young, and may have had a great ass, although I can't remember a reference to it in the New Testament (did Paul mention it in a letter to the Corinthians?), but I don't think that you can fairly describe him as a FORGOTTEN hottie.

by Anonymousreply 9712/04/2013

Early crooner Russ Columbo. Shot and killed at age 26 by a "longtime [male] friend."

by Anonymousreply 9812/04/2013

Awww R99. Beautiful whores are the saddest of all.

by Anonymousreply 10012/04/2013

Respiratory failure = OD

by Anonymousreply 10112/05/2013

Model and sometime actor Brian Bianchini. Suicide, age 25.

by Anonymousreply 10212/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.