Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

2011 U.S. OPEN

Let the game set matches begin.

by Anonymousreply 48009/02/2012

Gates open in one hour. Mardy Fish and Sharapova are up first. Federer looks to have the toughest draw of the top three.

by Anonymousreply 108/29/2011

Any chance of the annoying Sharapova losing early?

by Anonymousreply 208/29/2011

R2, if Maria keeps playing this way, I don't see her going beyond the next few rounds.

by Anonymousreply 308/29/2011

Patrick McEnroe just called Maria's screaming, "mind numbing."

by Anonymousreply 408/29/2011

I still light up the NYC sky with the pretty.

by Anonymousreply 508/29/2011

Well, no real surprises today. Fed and Serena up tonight.

by Anonymousreply 608/29/2011

Sorry to see Ryan Harrison ousted, but drawing Cilic for opening round must suck some major ass. Also a shame that Gonzo had Ivo for his first rounder. It would be nice to see him get some of his glory back before he hangs up the racket for good.

by Anonymousreply 708/29/2011

Someone should teach Chris Evert how to sit.

by Anonymousreply 808/29/2011

Will Federer pass the first round?!

by Anonymousreply 908/29/2011

Doesn't look like that will be a problem, r9.

by Anonymousreply 1008/29/2011

LIVE FROM NEW YORK!

Hey dudes and dudettes, it's your old buddy Pammie here giving you your TITILLATING US Open update.

Mardy Fish won easily today. It's a new, lighter Mardy and he now walks the locker room tall, proud, and BUCK NEKKID, letting his cucumber swing free. He's onto round 2.

Good ol' Rog Federer is about to wrap things up tonight. He plays on the guy's tour even though he has a NEEDLE-DICK. It's a wonder he had kids with Mirka, given how her RUBYFRUIT JUNGLE is hidden among layers of flubber.

Maria Kirilenko won in a third set tiebreak. It was an exciting match on the outside courts and Kirilenko and her PERKY BOSOM thrilled the crowd. At least, I've been told she has a perky bosom, but I am STRAIGHT as an ARROW, so I wouldn't notice myself.

Venus won easily tonight, but another American, Bethanie Mattek lost in straight sets. I'm pretty sure the woman who beat her is a LESBEEEAAAAN. She has a very short haircut.

Samantha Stosur won today, and she is also a WOMAN-LOVER. At least that's what the ladies tell me. Stosur has never expressed in interest in getting to know me INTIMATELY. Not that I would take her up on it, because I am a RAGING hetero. But it's nice to be asked.

Coming up tomorrow: James Blake. I hope to commentate LOUDLY from the sidelines once again... James LOVES that! And Serena will be on court with those huge JUGGS. Tune in tomorrow folks!

by Anonymousreply 1108/29/2011

I think Pam Shriver was trying to get in Alec Baldwin's pants when she interviewed him tonight. She seemed to notice weight loss from his new diet & fitness program, but I didn't really see any difference.

by Anonymousreply 1208/30/2011

r11, sometimes less is more.

by Anonymousreply 1308/30/2011

Ugh, Tennis Channel has Traci Austin as a commentator.

I think R11 is kinda funny.

by Anonymousreply 1408/30/2011

That damn Sharapova almost ruined my Fantasy Tennis game from the start with that poor showing in the first round.

If she's going to screech like that, the least she can do is win.

by Anonymousreply 1508/30/2011

Hey Pammie, who's your current girlfriend? Or are you still carrying on your charade of being a straight gal and hiring beards?

by Anonymousreply 1608/30/2011

Does Mary Carillo still do commentary?

by Anonymousreply 1708/30/2011

Yes, r17.

On Tennis Channel, and CBS/NBC.

She's finished with ESPN.

by Anonymousreply 1808/30/2011

[quote]She's finished with ESPN

Why did she have a falling out with them?

by Anonymousreply 1908/30/2011

Carolyn Wosniaki has lost weight but she doesn't appear as pretty as she was.

by Anonymousreply 2008/30/2011

For R19. Carillo leaving ESPN was discussed previously here in the first iteration of the Gays and Tennis thread.

by Anonymousreply 2108/30/2011

Well, this one won today, and I think I'm in love. You can bet your ass I'll be watching every time SHE'S on the court.

Why don't I ever meet women this hot?

by Anonymousreply 2208/30/2011

Pam's probably a lesbian, but she does have a kid with the Lazarus guy that died, doesn't she?

by Anonymousreply 2308/30/2011

Rafa's playing some bad tennis, tonight.

And his ass looks awful in those shorts!

by Anonymousreply 2408/30/2011

I cannot stand Tom Rinaldi and I hate that ESPN added him as a regular to the tennis coverage team. I hate seeing his ugly smile, I hate hearing his voice, and I think his questions to the athletes are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 2508/30/2011

R23 No.

by Anonymousreply 2608/30/2011

She was married to Lazenby and had three kids with him.

by Anonymousreply 2708/30/2011

Hey kiddles! Pammie here, bringing you your US Open Update from New York, where BOVINE JOVANMUSK is getting a huge JUGGS attack from Serena Williams at the moment. Although the match isn't over yet, we know it will only last another twenty minutes.

In other news, Fran Schiavone took to the court with her double-barrelled grunt and SKEETER-BITE TITS. She needed three sets, but that gave us more time to enjoy her FINE FORM. By form, I mean her play, not her figure, you pervs.

We also so a tough straight sets win for Rafa Nadal. Last week, he burned his THICK, LONG... fingers. What did you think I would say? But his hand is bandaged, which makes it tough to play. I'm not going to tell you how he SCALDED his hand, but Roger was walking funny last night, no?

And Ana Ivanovic won today; I always DROOL watching Ana because of the great BODY on display. Not Ana's - I'M STRAIGHT, people - but golfer Adam Scott, who was in ANA'S BOX today.

Pammie's hint for attending the tennis - please SHOWER and apply DEODORANT because some of you fans were smelling quite RIPE after a day in the sun.

Toodles!

by Anonymousreply 2808/30/2011

Listening to Evert commentate is like dying a slow death.

by Anonymousreply 2908/30/2011

Is Pammie still a Republican? She probably masturbates to pictures of Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann then. Maybe she should go get herself cured by Marcus B.

by Anonymousreply 3008/31/2011

Did anyone catch the end of the Monfils/Dimitrov match yesterday? I didn't see it, but today on "Around the Horn" they showed a really brief clip of what looked like an awkward kiss between the two guys at the conclusion. Sure enough, it looked like Dimitrov wanted some quick tongue from Monfils, but had to settle for the lady-style double cheek peck. Monfils really must be straight because I know I would have been all over that when Dimtrov first offered up those lips.

And thanks for the update Pammie! I though I could delete my recording of the day matches without watchign, but now I'll have to scan to see some Adam Scott in the Ivanovic seats. As a gay man, I appreciate his form as much as you do, you big ol' STRAIGHT GAL you.

by Anonymousreply 3108/31/2011

R31, I'm a huge tennis fan and the best tennis forums are the tenniswarehouse.com forums with tons of threads on every possible subject and match threads which can reach 2,000 posts (though those are usually for matches between top players in finals of Slams).

Beyond the Dimitrov-Monfils match thread, there was an Dimitrov-Monfils awkward kiss thread (152 posts so far). It started out innocently enough with someone stating that they sort of almost bumped lips while trying to kiss on the cheek (if did kind of look like an accident from some angles). Others insisted that Dimitrov tried to plant a kiss on Monfils' lips, but Monfils spurned him.

There were a few "eeew gross" comments and then a discussion about cultural norms between Europe and the States and how guys kissing in Europe isn't that uncommon.

Inevitably it turned homophobic with predictable accusations that Dimitrov is gay and talk about how you can always tell someone is gay

For example:

"True but Rock Hudson is only one "man", still hard to believe he was a bowel prowler. But it's pretty obvious to everyone that most of them are more on the feminine side.

I live in Sydney which unfortunately is the ring stinging capital of the world and they are very easy to spot because of their feminine tendencies, it's just the way it is."

AND

"There is a study about gay men having their hand fingers more like women hands. This is caused byshortage of male hormons. Also, their hair direction is different and they have more feminine voice. Those are physical diferrences between gay and straight men. I will find you the article and link it to you, give me some time.

Also, many gay men admit they do not feel like real men, and it bothers many of them. Is it genetic? Envoirment? Both? Nobody knows for sure, but gay men ARE different. And unlike what many say, I don't think there are many feminine straight men.

Look, this isn't in the purpose to bash anyone, every person has a right to live the way that makes him happy. It'd actually be nice if there were more gay men in sports just to eliminate the stigma, but, well, there aren't many. Are there gay tennis fans around here?"

On the other hand, there are many open-minded and TW forum posters and gay ones as well who our best to confront the homophobia.

But, I stopped reading the thread. It just became so predictable.

by Anonymousreply 3208/31/2011

Thanks for the tip R32. I'm a very big tennis fan too and don't have any friends that enjoy the game nearly as much as I do. I'd never seen the Tennis Warehouse forum before, but I'm checking it out now because of your post. It's great to see how many topics they have going on all at once.

While I like to discuss the aspects that are specific to gay fans which is why I'm happy that these DL threads are ongoing, I crave some more in depth discussion also. It's looking like that site will be occupying a lot of my time now - at least during 'the open.'

And my take on the Dimitrov/Monfil kiss is that it looks like Dimitrov went for a kiss on the lips at first, but Monfils might not have been paying attention or expecting a kiss at all so he was just going for the hug. But as soon as he realized that he left Dimitrov hanging (so to speak), he went for the double cheek kiss. Then the guys also said something to each other as they walked toward the ref which hopefully got rid of any awkwardness...if there even was any to start with.

I like to see the good sportmanship-type affection that some guys display after matches. Whether they've won or lost, Nole and Rafa almost always hug their opponents after a tough match.

by Anonymousreply 3308/31/2011

The TW forums really are great for passionate tennis fans, but, as with any forums with regular members there's also a lot of petty bitching and sniping. On the other hand, they can be very entertaining and informative.

The subject headings are self-explanatory. During Grand Slams, tons of threads are started and there are plenty of match-specific threads dedicated to just one match (all found under Pro Match Results and Discussion).

It's fun to watch matches and post at the same time. Lot's of good running discussions and funny comments.

To post yourself, all you have to do is register. It's free.

by Anonymousreply 3408/31/2011

Like you said R34, there is a wide variety of threads going. I'm reading one now that speculates on Tommy Haas retiring soon. I'm crossing my fingers that won't happen, but I know the guy can't go on forever no matter how many body parts he has surgically repaired/replaced.

Thanks again for the idea. I like to avoid the sniping & bitchery that you mentioned, but will enjoy the serious discussion about the players and matches.

On another note - I'm newly in love with the Dutch guy that James Blake knocked out today. I'd never seen Jesse Huta Galung before, but I hope to see more of him. Attached are some pics of him from squarehippies. Looked like he was wearing a wedding ring during his match today, but I can't find anything online about his personal life.

by Anonymousreply 3508/31/2011

The only one "dying a slow death" is you r28/29. Beware troll-dar doll.

by Anonymousreply 3608/31/2011

I so want to tongue Raffa's ass. really..

by Anonymousreply 3708/31/2011

Why is Wozniaki being all 'secret club' about who her new coach is? She was being pretty evasive when Hannah Storm interviewed her today, but she implied that the new guy doesn't want it announced. Why would that be? Maybe because he's currently coaching someone else and has to end that working relationship?

by Anonymousreply 3808/31/2011

What's your beef, R36?

by Anonymousreply 3908/31/2011

R35, I caught the Blake/Huta Galung match today as well. The first time I caught a glimpse of him, I let out a loud WOW. Definitely a cutie...

by Anonymousreply 4008/31/2011

Ugh! I just watched the Vandeweghe/Stosur match online. What a waste of my time. I only watched hoping to see Jan-Michael Gambill in the coaches box, but they didn't show her people at all (at first I typed 'they didn't show her box at all,' but I thought better of that). Is JMG still working with Coco? He's the only thing that makes her interesting to me.

And Venus has what? Schober's Syndrome? I'm not sure if I have the name right, and I can't find anything online about it - probably because I have it wrong. I'm wondering if it's a chronic problem and might spell the end of her career.

by Anonymousreply 4108/31/2011

Venus is out:

by Anonymousreply 4208/31/2011

Jeez, Venus is 31? Where did the time go? It seems like only yesterday that she reached the final as a 17-year-old.

by Anonymousreply 4308/31/2011

Found it. Venus has Sjogren's Syndrome. I wasn't meaning to make light of the disease - I was going off of Tom Rinaldi's pronunciation on TV.

No known cure for this autoimmune disease, but it sounds like the symptoms can vary in how they might limit her tennis abilities.

by Anonymousreply 4408/31/2011

[quote]Sjogren's syndrome is an area of active immunology research. Many new treatments will be available in the near future. Recent research has suggested that rituximab (Rituxan) may be beneficial for many features of Sjogren's syndrome.

Rituximab is used to treat chronic leukemia, so this is fairly serious. It's too bad. I always liked Venus. She is the shy sister and, unlike Serena, is a gracious person.

by Anonymousreply 4508/31/2011

Is Venus gonna retire for good, then?

by Anonymousreply 4608/31/2011

Maria in trouble, down 0-3 to Flavia Pennetta.

Sharapova plays the ugliest game of tennis, ever. And the shrieking doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 4709/02/2011

[quote]Is Venus gonna retire for good, then?

We can only hope. Take her fugly, roided-up dumb whore of a sister with her!

by Anonymousreply 4809/02/2011

Throw away the earplugs, bitches, Shriekapova, is OUT!

by Anonymousreply 4909/02/2011

Not so fast, R49. We can't throw away the earplugs until Azarenka loses. Which should be tomorrow, I guess, since she plays Serena.

by Anonymousreply 5009/02/2011

Bye-bye Mascha! Flavia is a cool chick.

Wow, Gulbis is in trouble (and might be out by the time I finish this message).

And the Donald Young/Stan Wawrinka match is really compelling. I didn't think Young could stick it out, especially when going down 2 sets to 1, but he's impressed me a lot here. Nevertheless I hope Stan moves through.

It's been a really good afternoon of matches, and just getting better as the day goes on.

by Anonymousreply 5109/02/2011

But then Serena is every bit as loud as Azarenka, you just won't hear commentators on American television bitching about it because they would probably be docked pay.

by Anonymousreply 5209/02/2011

No, R52, the commentators are afraid that Serena might shove a fucking ball down their fucking throat and kill them.

by Anonymousreply 5309/02/2011

Now Murray down two sets to love. Some wacky results today!!

by Anonymousreply 5409/02/2011

God Damn!

Didn't think Donald Young could do it, but Congrats!

by Anonymousreply 5509/02/2011

Sock plays a bit like Tsonga.

by Anonymousreply 5609/02/2011

Many of us know that one of Andy Roddick's nervous ticks is adjusting his crotch during matches. For people that aren't aware of that though, this picture might make them wonder what's up.

by Anonymousreply 5709/03/2011

Sorry, I didn't attach that Roddick pic correctly.

by Anonymousreply 5809/03/2011

women's tennis is a shell of what it used to be. There are no interesting rivalries or even extremely talented players.

by Anonymousreply 5909/03/2011

I watched three complete matches today and was struck by something odd, all of the ball boys were late teens or early twenties, all male and all definitely not boys. I didn't see one girl among them. And also oddly enough, all of the "ball men" seemed to be of the same type, all were white, dark and all quite handsome.

I've seen hundreds of tennis matches and there's always these cute little kids running around (sometimes into each other) and doing funny things that amuse the crowd, but not at the US Open.

In a city which is one of the most diverse in the country, all were in their late teens or early twenties, and all were good looking males. What happened to the USTA's outreach to minority communities and what exactly is involved in the selection process?

by Anonymousreply 6009/03/2011

Why did they give Christina and Sloan prime time spots to play?

Did they really think either one would be able to win the match?

by Anonymousreply 6109/03/2011

Ana Ivanovic walked away as Tracy Austin was trying to finish up the on court interview.

Tee Hee.

by Anonymousreply 6209/03/2011

R58, I bet that's the same face Andy makes when he straddles his Sports Illustrated model-wife, Brooklyn-I-Take-Loads-On-My-Face, Decker.

by Anonymousreply 6309/03/2011

Congrats to Sam "The Man" Stosur for winning the longest women's singles match in US Open history.

by Anonymousreply 6409/04/2011

Do Stosur and Serena use the same roid dealer?

by Anonymousreply 6509/04/2011

Did Federer shave his chest? He used to have a glimpse of hair at his neck and it looks bare now.

by Anonymousreply 6609/04/2011

Dimitrov and Tursunov are playing doubles together. Hmmmm. I think sumpins goin down there...

by Anonymousreply 6709/04/2011

R66, I think Mirka ate his chest hair. It was late at night and she was feeling a little peckish. They'd run out of donuts, cookies and pastries, so she just started nibblin'. I think he's also lost one of his nipples.

by Anonymousreply 6809/04/2011

Mardy Fish has ZERO conditioning. They said it was his thyroid making him sluggish, and it was fixed. But he basically collapsed near the end of set two yesterday and was a zombie the rest of the match.

by Anonymousreply 6909/04/2011

I think Mardy's lost too much weight.

Ana Ivanovic is heading in the same direction.

by Anonymousreply 7009/04/2011

So, Fed will possibly meet Tsonga next. What a shit draw for him.

by Anonymousreply 7109/04/2011

Speaking of pussies, Berdych must be the biggest drama queen on the tour. Even worse than Nadal.%0D

by Anonymousreply 7209/04/2011

I think Berdych is hot and totally IFHH, but, yeah, he is a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 7309/04/2011

Ugh, can't stand Andy Roddick, and his new sockless look is making me hate him more.

by Anonymousreply 7409/04/2011

Donald Young=total head case

by Anonymousreply 7509/04/2011

Props for Gilles Simon. Dude weighs like 150 lbs, but he's indefatigable. Good show.%0D %0D Even though I like DelPo.

by Anonymousreply 7609/04/2011

There was a huge upset today that none of the commentators mentioned.

Andy Roddick didn't rip into the chair umpire for five minutes for some perceived slight. I can't remember the last time I saw a Roddick match where he wasn't berating the umpire or a line judge.

As much as Ryan Harrison's antics are a little amateurish, at least he's only bitching at himself.

by Anonymousreply 7709/04/2011

Why does Mardy Fish always look so disheveled (sp?) and messy. His clothes just hang on him.%0D %0D He just never seems put together.

by Anonymousreply 7809/04/2011

What an outfit. Why would anyone wear this on the tennis court?

by Anonymousreply 7909/04/2011

Why they don't show tennis at night? or am I missing something?

Murray won, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 8009/04/2011

It's on Tennis Channel, R80.

by Anonymousreply 8109/04/2011

AWESOME second set tie break between Stosur, and Kirilenko!

by Anonymousreply 8209/04/2011

Donald Young and Sloane Stephens.

All black everything.

by Anonymousreply 8309/04/2011

That's Bethanie Mattek, R79. She's a journeyman (journeywoman) who is typically ranked in the 30-60 range, so needs attention for something other than her tennis.

There is one tennis writer who always sings her praises, I'm guessing because of her nationality, but who knows, maybe he's schtupping her.

by Anonymousreply 8409/04/2011

Donald Young is finally making good, maybe. Hopefully he's eaten his humble pie.%0D %0D Sloane Stephens seems really sweet.

by Anonymousreply 8509/04/2011

For those (like me) that don't have access to Tennis Channel on your cable TV systems, tennischannel.com is showing the matches online. I don't know if they can stream every match live, but so far this weekend they've had them all even while CBS was broadcasting.

I'm sorry I didn't think to provide this info to everyone earlier.

by Anonymousreply 8609/04/2011

I've been watching everything on USOpen official web site, which I think is the same LIVE link as tennischannel.com.

by Anonymousreply 8709/04/2011

So, did everyone lose their Tennis Channel coverage?

Verizon Fios charged a premium to carry it, and they STILL dropped it in the middle of the US Open. Fuck them!

by Anonymousreply 8809/04/2011

Bud Collins fell in his hotel room.

He injured tendons in his patella, and will have surgery to fix them.

by Anonymousreply 8909/05/2011

I can't believe Federer : Monaco match will begin at midnight. Don't the players get sleepy?

by Anonymousreply 9009/05/2011

Evert is getting much better as an announcer...

She damn well knew that if Wozniacki could get it to a 3rd set, Kuznetsova was toast.

That 21 yr old Danish is flat out in shape.

Kuznetsova was huffing and puffing and trying to take some extra time.... whereas Wozniacki wasn't even sweating.

by Anonymousreply 9109/06/2011

Well, you don't need to be Chris Evert to know that Kuznetsova has always been a mental case and that her flakiness, in spite of her considerable talent, has prevented her from winning more titles. The moment she dropped that serve at 4-2 in the second set, I didn't even bother watching the match any longer. It was very much a typical Kuzy match.

by Anonymousreply 9209/06/2011

A 3 hr 2 minute match for the ladies ain't bad.

Kuznetsova played lights out at the end of the 1st set and all of the 2nd, but she had nothing left for the 3rd.

by Anonymousreply 9309/06/2011

Why does Chris Evert have to seek the male commentators' approval after every observation she makes? "Don't you agree, Patrick? I could be wrong . . . "

by Anonymousreply 9409/06/2011

Yeah, that bothered me too, r94, but she is getting noticeably better.

Liked how she had a light touch when talking about Sveltlana's past weight problems.

And, when Caroline was steamrolling her in the 3rd, I also liked how Chris said that Sveltlana (to her credit) won't give up.

Martina, OTOH, tends to be all positive for the winning player and completely forgets (or ignores) the fact that both players in a match have fans.

by Anonymousreply 9509/06/2011

Sveta is a head-case who makes things harder for herself. So Evert only stated the obvious. It wasn't some amazing call.

by Anonymousreply 9609/06/2011

Oh, 1st I've heard that Wozniackia is dating pro golfer and reigning PGA champ, Rory McIlroy.

But, in her post match interview, she mentioned her bf, Rory.

Dude definitely looks better when his hair is cropped short.... that's all I got to say about that.

by Anonymousreply 9709/06/2011

Sveta's head wasn't the problem tonight, it was her stamina.

Serena would have the same problem if more players could take her to a 3rd set.

by Anonymousreply 9809/06/2011

Sveta was up a set and 4-1 and still found a way to lose the match. Again, Sveta is a head-case. As far as I know Serena's conditioning is fine. This is a woman who has won slams while she was completely out of shape. She actually looks in shape again.

by Anonymousreply 9909/06/2011

ITA, r99. Serena does look in shape. I don't think anybody can stop her.

Bitch is scary when she's on.

by Anonymousreply 10009/06/2011

No one with a Texas sized ass like that is in great shape.

Serena is ALWAYS huffing and puffing. If a quality player can get her to a 3rd set, she can be beat.

However, the 1 thing that usually saves her fat ass is her serve. Severely cuts down on the amount of time she has to move.

by Anonymousreply 10109/06/2011

Serena isn't the best conditioned athlete, but she's in much better shape than she was a couple of years ago. One of the many huge problems facing women's tennis is that there really isn't anyone that can compete with Serena at her best. A few years ago, Venus still could compete, as well as Henin, Clijsters, and maybe Sharapova before her serve went in the toilet.

But Venus is a shadow of what she once was, Henin's gone, Clijsters is constantly injured, and Sharapova's shoulder problems have crept into her head, leaving Serena with no peers.

***YAWN***

by Anonymousreply 10209/06/2011

I bet you no one will ever call a foot fault on Serena, ever again. The bitch has market her territory.

by Anonymousreply 10309/06/2011

A few weeks ago, I was watching Rogers Cup final from Toronto where Serena played Stosur thinking: "Well, this match is the ultimate triumph of pharmacology."

by Anonymousreply 10409/06/2011

She sure is, R100.%0D %0D Mackie Shilstone has done a great job. Evidenced by the way she played this summer winning back to back tournaments. Her footwork looks great; she gets herself in the the correct position before making contact with the ball. Her balance looks good and so does her defense. I think she's almost at the level she was at last years Wimby. I have a lot of respect for Mackie and he has a lot of good things to say about Serena. Hiring Mackie signals that she is serious about her game. I've criticized her a lot in the past for a number of reasons, but I have a lot more respect for her now and I want to see her do well.

by Anonymousreply 10509/06/2011

Poor Sveta doesn't even try to look feminine, does she?

by Anonymousreply 10609/06/2011

Here is Caroline making fun of Rafa's leg cramps:

by Anonymousreply 10709/06/2011

I don't like Caroline's game, but she sounds like an OK person. At least she is not a robot like most of the tennis players.

by Anonymousreply 10809/06/2011

That was me blowing Rafa under the interview room table.

Eat your heart out, Feliciano Puta.

by Anonymousreply 10909/06/2011

The umpire didn't let Tsonga go to the locker room to change his shorts in his match against Fish. So he had to change it on court with ballboys covering him....

by Anonymousreply 11009/06/2011

Before the rain cancellation, MELANIE OUDIN was to be given the feature match tonight for her mixed coubles qf. This instead of two women's quarters which were both to be played at Louis Armstrong. How insulting to those women who made the quarters. Putting America's most pathetic female athlete on Ashe! Oudin is 0-4 in matches and 0-8 in sets at grand slams this year!

by Anonymousreply 11109/06/2011

I'll pray for you. R111!

by Anonymousreply 11209/06/2011

Didn't Oudin's parents get divorced because the mother was fucking the coach?

by Anonymousreply 11309/06/2011

Anyone know when the rain is supposed to stop?

I'm guessing they'll have about 10 matches at the same time, when it does.

by Anonymousreply 11409/06/2011

ESPN had Pammy doing weather reports.

Fucking hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 11509/07/2011

BELIEVE IT!

by Anonymousreply 11609/07/2011

Still in rain delay. Even if they finish play today, the bottom half of the men's draw is screwed.

by Anonymousreply 11709/07/2011

The USO needs a roof over at least one freaking court!%0D %0D %0D %0D LOL@ R116 %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 11809/07/2011

The USTA still wants a Sunday finish for the men.

So, I guess they'll have to play about 2 matches a day.

by Anonymousreply 11909/07/2011

They're going to try to play the women's quarters tonight.

I hate that the men always have to play Saturday and Sunday at the US Open anyway, but it will be ridiculous if they try to make them finish on Sunday. That's four days in a row of best-of-five.

by Anonymousreply 12009/07/2011

The quality of play will suffer big time. This is bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 12109/07/2011

This gives the Djokovic/Federer half of the draw a big advantage, since %0D the two quarter finals are already in place.%0D

by Anonymousreply 12209/07/2011

The five day forecast doesn't look great. They might have to play well into next week.

by Anonymousreply 12309/07/2011

In a way, I'm glad things are turning out this way. This is the slam that always put TV rights and ratings above the players themselves. The whole crap of playing two men's semifinals on two different days has always been a farce driven by pure greed.

by Anonymousreply 12409/07/2011

Get. A. Fucking. Roof.

by Anonymousreply 12509/07/2011

R124, do you mean the men's SF and F on consecutive days? They've always played the SF on the same day; it's the Australian that has them on separate days.

by Anonymousreply 12609/07/2011

I think you're right, R125. I confused it with AO but, still, playing the semis and the final on two consecutive days with the best-of-five format is shitty. With a one day break, even if a match went the distance, the winner has the time to recover and not be disadvantaged by having to play such an important match with less than 24 hours to physically prepare for it. Of course they won't build the roof over Arthur Ashe; it's a huge arena by tennis standards and it would be too expensive for a tournament which is all about the profit.

by Anonymousreply 12709/07/2011

It took Mel Oudin going to the Referee's office to get the matches stopped tonight! She was put on Court 11 and she DEMANDED Ashe Stadium for her mixed qf tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 12809/07/2011

Actually, when Mel Oudin went into the ref's office, he asked her who she was and had her escorted out.

by Anonymousreply 12909/07/2011

That's what Rafa and Roddick and the British dude did earlier in the day.

They wanted them to keep playing but they said no, that the court was too wet.

What the hell? Who is in charge? Too bad for ESPN who had 2 full days of coverage blown, but shit happens.

The safety of the players should come first.

by Anonymousreply 13009/07/2011

I will never understand why they build the monstrosity that is Ashe stadium -- can you imagine trying to cover it now?

The should put retractable roofs on Armstrong and the Grandstand. Ashe should never have been built, it's just too fucking big.

by Anonymousreply 13109/08/2011

131 Yet is sells out every evening of the final week.

by Anonymousreply 13209/08/2011

I have been watching tennis since 2001, and the best thing was when the AO and Wimbledon got a roof. If the fans are impatient, imagine the players!

by Anonymousreply 13309/08/2011

Are these tennis players wimps or what. Anyone remember the Todd Martin U S Open match he played in the pouring rain?

by Anonymousreply 13409/08/2011

Please watch the video below....John McEnroe talking about history of ATP and a Players Union for Tennis.

by Anonymousreply 13509/08/2011

I love how the top 4 men wear clothes that actually fit them. I'm looking at Young and Roddick and thinking that maybe they'd be a step or two quicker if they didn't wear such large, oversized shirts and shorts.

by Anonymousreply 13609/08/2011

"Anyone remember the Todd Martin U S Open match he played in the pouring rain?"

I remember when there were long rain delays at Wimbledon, and NBC would sometimes play portions of a classic 1970s match (before tie breaks) between the now fundamentalist/evangelical Christian but excellent player Margaret Court and the legendary Billy Jean King (perhaps she was still Moffett back then). They were hurting, in obvious pain, and on pain medication, but they kept on going game after game. I think it was 20 plus games at one point in the final set.

by Anonymousreply 13709/08/2011

Sam took Vera to the woodshed!!

by Anonymousreply 13809/08/2011

I wish Serena would take the fucking tennis ball and cram it down Roddick's fucking throat.

There was a problem on Armstrong Court today, where the surface was bubbling up and some water spotting up. They just showed a clip of him screaming at the referee saying "I'm really getting pissed!" Just point out the problem and say you don't want to play on it. Enough with the whole toughguy talk; you're not that intimidating. You're just a giant PRICK.

Oh, and I hope Brooklyn divorced your sorry ass.

by Anonymousreply 13909/08/2011

Roddick is a douche.

by Anonymousreply 14009/08/2011

I never liked Roddick, and he is one of the few players whom I rejoice when he loses a match. Back when he won the US Open, he was talking like he was going to own the game for the next 10 years. Federer/Rafa put a stop on that.

Anyway, it is raining right now, and the Federer/Tsonga game is canceled for the time.

How difficult it would be to put a roof?

by Anonymousreply 14109/08/2011

Why did they wait so long to play? If they saw they had good weather, then shit, get it over with.

It's not like if many people are tuning in, there is a football game going on now.

by Anonymousreply 14209/08/2011

They had to empty the stands from the people who had day session tickets before the nighttime crowd with pricier tickets can get in. Again, the almighty dollar prevails over common sense.

by Anonymousreply 14309/08/2011

I agree with everything that r141 said.

The Gods are smiling on Djoker, this week.

by Anonymousreply 14409/08/2011

The USTA has said a roof would not work on Ashe because the weight of it (based on the size of the stadium) could not be supported by the ground underneath the National Tennis Center. The Center is built on a landfill so it's probably maxed out based on current construction. I've also read that Armstrong & the Grandstand will have to be torn down before the end of the decade b/c of the ground under them.

Ashe is a monstrosity and should be torn down, IMO. Poor Arthur is probably rolling over in his grave seeing a stadium named after him as a shrine to corporate greed.

Oh, and I've said it before, but it's worth saying again: Roddick is a fucknut and I hope like hell Rafa kicks his sorry ass.

by Anonymousreply 14509/08/2011

Men's and women's finals have been pushed a day. The men will actually get a day off on Sunday before their final on Monday (if the rain doesn't screw up the schedule again).

by Anonymousreply 14609/08/2011

Roddick put on quite a show, didn't he. He's such a brat and played to that camera. Happy for him that he made the quarters and I think he can beat Rafa, but the guy is not likable.

by Anonymousreply 14709/08/2011

Did John McEnroe have any kind of response to Roddick's diatribe about tennis analysts the other day? I read somewhere that the on-court camera caught him saying that he'd walk out if Mac was in the interview room.

by Anonymousreply 14809/08/2011

Don't know who I dislike more Federer or the other dude, djokovic or whatever the hell his name is.

Whoever will give Rafa the easiest time should win.

by Anonymousreply 14909/08/2011

r148

by Anonymousreply 15009/08/2011

[quote]Whoever will give Rafa the easiest time should win.

What kind of fan are you? If Rafa can't win a couple of tough matches than he should hang his racket and call it a day.

by Anonymousreply 15109/09/2011

Straight men are no drama. *smirk*

by Anonymousreply 15209/09/2011

Roddick is an overrated bitch who was lucky to even get that one US Open. He needs to thank the USTA for "helping" him get that win.

by Anonymousreply 15309/09/2011

Today:

Murray/Isner Roddick/Nadal

Looking forward to seeing Nadal play...

by Anonymousreply 15409/09/2011

r153, he also needs to thank David Nabaldian for choking that semifinal match away.

by Anonymousreply 15509/09/2011

*Nalbandian.

I don't know how I managed to screw it up so bad the first time.

by Anonymousreply 15609/09/2011

I remember a few years ago when Roddick participated in the 'mojo' advertisement for some credit card company coinciding with the US Open. He was playing horrible and the advertisement played with that. I don't think he had 'mojo' in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 15709/09/2011

Johnnie Mac just said Michelle Obama is going to be there.

by Anonymousreply 15809/09/2011

I just saw Michelle Obama watching the Isner/Murray game. She was there promoting the sport of tennis for children and her fitness program that she is doing.

by Anonymousreply 15909/09/2011

r157, the year of Roddick's "mojo" ad, the one where he goes shopping with his annoying "mojo" and a group of girls, he lost in the first round of the US Open. I enjoyed that. A lot.

by Anonymousreply 16009/09/2011

He lost to Gilles Muller, who lost to Nadal yesterday.

I enjoyed it as well.

by Anonymousreply 16109/09/2011

USTA was ripped off by the architects. All of Chicago is built on a swamp and they figgered out how to make a foundation. I don't know why New Yorkers are so damn slowwwwww.

by Anonymousreply 16209/09/2011

DId Isner pull it out?

by Anonymousreply 16309/09/2011

Douchebag Roddick is getting his ass kicked all over Ashe stadium. Buh-bye, back to Bronx.

by Anonymousreply 16409/09/2011

Mirka...dear, sweet, bovine-esque Mirka. I admire how you come to watch matches with your unkempt, unwashed hair carelessly pulled back in a ponytail, devoid of makeup and and wearing some shapeless thing you apparently picked up off the floor. So confident! You are an inspiration to very, very average women everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 16509/09/2011

Damn, is Roddick that crappy or is Rafa that good?

Love Rafael and his too tight undies....

by Anonymousreply 16609/09/2011

"DId Isner pull it out?"

Alas, no. I knew he wouldn't, so I stayed home to cry, I mean "sick".

by Anonymousreply 16709/09/2011

The commenter, the guy who coaches US Davis Cup, said he was expecting an upset with Roddick winning.

Roddick doesn't know what hit him with Nadal. I would love to see his press interview after the game.

by Anonymousreply 16809/09/2011

Bronx, dear... you look sick. You really should eat something...st the very least, your loser husband's ass.

by Anonymousreply 16909/09/2011

Now that Agassi has retired, Patrick McEnroe has to have some American player to verbally masturbate over, so guess that's Roddick. I can't believe that he said Andy would upset Nadal with a straight face

by Anonymousreply 17009/09/2011

Roddick looked like he was about to cry when he lost.

by Anonymousreply 17109/09/2011

That was an ass-kicking, right?

Yay, Rafa!!

by Anonymousreply 17209/09/2011

Roddick was right to complain about the conditions at Flushing Meadows, but after that match I hope he leaves the complainind to Novak, Rafa, Fed and Andy next time.

by Anonymousreply 17309/09/2011

Props to Roddick for sticking out the pain, and not retiring.

ESPN is so fucking disgusting. Kissing almost all of the American players asses. Roddick, and Serena the most.

Crossing my fingers and toes that the mens Semi's will be good!!

by Anonymousreply 17409/09/2011

Roddick is a pos. I have always disliked his style of play but I also remember when he was more likable. Early in his professional career he was fun and easygoing. He loved to entertain and interact with the audience during almost of his matches. He was a show-boater. But now he's a bitter, angry ferret.

by Anonymousreply 17509/09/2011

I loved how Rafa just bitch slapped Roddick.%0D %0D GO RAFA

by Anonymousreply 17609/09/2011

[quote]Patrick McEnroe has to have some American player to verbally masturbate over, so guess that's Roddick.

PatMac has been masturbating over Roddick for years!

by Anonymousreply 17709/09/2011

Fatherhood has aged Fed. It just looks like someones dad now.

by Anonymousreply 17809/09/2011

Ugh, Federer has never been attractive. His eyes are really tiny and set way back in his head.

Now if Serena loses tomorrow all will be well.

by Anonymousreply 17909/09/2011

"Now if Serena loses tomorrow all will be well."

Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 18009/09/2011

[quote]Now if Serena loses tomorrow all will be well.

from your lips (or fingers) to the powers-that-be ears... But I don't see it happening. Serena is winning this unless Gunther Parche is Oma flight to La Guardia.

by Anonymousreply 18109/09/2011

That blonde chick, Caroline, didn't even break a sweat when she was playing against that other Italian? French? girl.

Her last match?

She was fierce and cool as a cucumber.

by Anonymousreply 18209/09/2011

R182, yeah she's cool as a cucumber because she just pushes the ball back and forth. If you can't hit at least 10 winners a match, you don't deserve to win.

by Anonymousreply 18309/10/2011

The US Open Women's Singles Final - Serena Williams vs Samantha Stosur, sponsored by BALCO

by Anonymousreply 18409/10/2011

Loved the view of Andy Murray's legs and ass when he took that tumble in the back court. %0D %0D That's definitely his best side.

by Anonymousreply 18509/10/2011

Wow I hope the WTA is raising a fit over the women's semis scheduling. I wouldn't care to watch Stosur vs Kerber if it were a first rounder on Court 13, but this is the SEMI FINAL of a slam and neither Kerber or Stosur have been on Ashe yet, so they would be forced to play the final sort of cold. Just really bad form by CBS/USTA who only care about Serena/Caroline.

by Anonymousreply 18609/10/2011

[quote]Just really bad form by CBS/USTA who only care about Serena/Caroline.

Yeah, trust me, they don't give a shit about Caroline either.

It's all about Serena. If Caroline pulls off the improbable upset, half of the USTA & CBS folks will be slitting their wrists.

by Anonymousreply 18709/10/2011

r187,

I agree. From day one, the commentators were hyping Serena that his was hers to win (which is probably true, but it seems like she is the only women tennis player out there).

On other news, I am currently watching Federer/Djokovic... Djokovic is playing better and is able to hold serve with more ease.

by Anonymousreply 18809/10/2011

Fed's up 2 sets on Joker? Can he do it?

Loser is on bottom, so it's a toss up.

by Anonymousreply 18909/10/2011

[quote]Fed's up 2 sets on Joker? Can he do it?

A few years ago this would have been a sure victory for Fed. Nowadays, he can win a set (or two in slams) and still lose the match. Ay!

I would love to see him battle Nadal in the final.

by Anonymousreply 19009/10/2011

If Fed wins he'll just get whipped by Rafa in the final. At least Nole can make it competitive.

by Anonymousreply 19109/10/2011

Fed can beat Murray. Don't know about him beating Rafa.

Rafa can't beat Nole. Don't think Andy can beat him either, but may make it more of a match.

by Anonymousreply 19209/10/2011

So what's this about Djoker getting married soon? Is his fiance the Serbian Liza Minnelli with zero gaydar?

by Anonymousreply 19309/10/2011

Mirka is fat. Is she pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 19409/10/2011

Why is the crowd so pro-Federer? Hasn't he won enough? Plus, he's a snarky little shit when he loses. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 19509/10/2011

Roger better win. All the fabric it takes to make the mu-mus to cover Mirka can't be cheap.

by Anonymousreply 19609/10/2011

Is that P Diddy in Nole's box?

by Anonymousreply 19709/10/2011

FUCK that NYC crowd. FUCK that whiny-assed metrosexual Federer!

by Anonymousreply 19809/10/2011

Yes, R197. Or is it Puff Daddy?

by Anonymousreply 19909/10/2011

Hey Brooklyn, how come you're still married to that loser Roddick? Aren't you breaking some sort of moral gold digger code? Shouldn't you already be attached to a richer, older sugar daddy by now?

by Anonymousreply 20009/10/2011

[quote]If Fed wins he'll just get whipped by Rafa in the final. At least Nole can make it competitive.

It's weird, isn't it? Federer can give Djoko a tough match, but with Nadal he wilts down.

R198, do you even like tennis?

by Anonymousreply 20109/10/2011

Novak in Five! He is exhausted.%0D

by Anonymousreply 20209/10/2011

[quote]It's weird, isn't it? Federer can give Djoko a tough match, but with Nadal he wilts down.

I think Fed finds Rafa's left-handed deliveries and his heavy topspin very hard to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 20309/10/2011

THE JOKER DOMINATES THE SWISS PUSSY BOY BOTTOM!

by Anonymousreply 20409/10/2011

[quote]I think Fed finds Rafa's left-handed deliveries and his heavy topspin very hard to deal with.

True, but it's also a mental thing.

Ironically, Novak meeting Nadal in final works better for Federer's slam record.

by Anonymousreply 20509/10/2011

Federer is such a class act compated to Djokovich.%0D %0D His stunt during Roger's service game where he took WAY extra time and played to the crowd was classic head game bullying.%0D %0D He's such a fame whore, and that ridiculous dancing he just did?%0D %0D Please.

by Anonymousreply 20609/10/2011

[quote]THE JOKER DOMINATES THE SWISS PUSSY BOY BOTTOM!

It was a tough match and Djoko really had to earn his victory. Your post reeks of ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 20709/10/2011

I hate Djokovic. He's pathetic getting pissed because the NY crowd prefers Federer. We will always like him more than you no matter how much you win asshole.%0D %0D I was LOL when only like 2 guys danced with this pussy after he asked them to dance with him. Shut the fuck up dickhead.

by Anonymousreply 20809/10/2011

I fucking love NOLE!!!!

I hope he wins on Monday as well.

by Anonymousreply 20909/10/2011

Looks like Nole had that classless cunt P Diddy in his box.

Our box is exploding with class.

by Anonymousreply 21009/10/2011

r204, that was hardly domination. The Joker won because Federer wasn't as mentally tough and let him back in the match and gave up those match points. Federer blew it but he was not dominated by the JOKER.

by Anonymousreply 21109/10/2011

If Rafa wins this match, the final will be over in less than 2 hours!

Count on it, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 21209/10/2011

Time for Roger to bend over and pack it in.

by Anonymousreply 21309/10/2011

JFC how the FUCK do you lose when you are two sets up??????

I was "watching" on my work computer and come home to find this travesty, fuck that.

by Anonymousreply 21409/10/2011

Serbians are assholes in general anyway.

by Anonymousreply 21509/10/2011

Other than Roger's inability to deal with Rafa's lefty spin, I think Rafa's ass transfixes him, so he always loses to Rafa.%0D %0D Nole will make it a competitive final, whoever wins the other semi.

by Anonymousreply 21609/10/2011

r213, not until after the Olympics in London he won't.

by Anonymousreply 21709/10/2011

P.S. But, the Serbs do have huge dicks! I'll give them that. I wonder where those genes came from... Africa? Anybody know?

by Anonymousreply 21809/10/2011

[quote]Time for Roger to bend over and pack it in.

He is the only player right now who can challenge the No1, so your post makes no sense whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 21909/10/2011

Roger's will be an interesting post match interview to watch.

by Anonymousreply 22009/10/2011

I want Nadal to win so he can redeem himself by taking out the Joker in the final.

by Anonymousreply 22109/10/2011

Federer? Djokovic? Nadal? What a joke! I'm more of a man than these pussies will ever be.

by Anonymousreply 22209/10/2011

Those who think Roger is so classy have clearly never watched one of his post-match interviews, especially when he loses. He's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 22309/10/2011

Suck my dick Serena!

by Anonymousreply 22409/10/2011

[quote]Those who think Roger is so classy have clearly never watched one of his post-match interviews, especially when he loses. He's a cunt.

I have and I think he is a class act. And?

by Anonymousreply 22509/10/2011

Sveta, my brother Penus might be more your type.

by Anonymousreply 22609/10/2011

What's going on with Novak's skin? Did you see the white blotches on his neck and arm? Scary sun damage on tennis players. Or maybe it's the hyperbolic chamber? Perhaps that explains MJ's vitiligo.

by Anonymousreply 22709/10/2011

I noticed that yesterday. It looked unnatural.

by Anonymousreply 22809/10/2011

WTF is the hyperbolic chamber?

by Anonymousreply 22909/10/2011

Could Novak have that condition that Michael Jackson had?

by Anonymousreply 23009/10/2011

It's an ominous sign that it was hot but the Joker did not rip his shirt off as per usual.%0D Melanoma?

by Anonymousreply 23109/10/2011

Federer is such an intitled prick.

by Anonymousreply 23309/10/2011

[quote]Federer is such an intitled prick.

I bet he can spell, though.

by Anonymousreply 23409/10/2011

Well gee, R225, guess you're a fan of cunts.

by Anonymousreply 23509/10/2011

[quote]Well gee, [R225], guess you're a fan of cunts.

No, I am a fan of one of the best players in the history of the sport. I'm sure that's exactly why you hate the guy. He is better than you will ever be... in anything.

by Anonymousreply 23609/10/2011

Predictions for the women's final, please. Whose dealer has access to better stuff, Serena's or Sam's?

by Anonymousreply 23709/10/2011

Novak has made a believer out of me. Anyone who can come back from 2 sets down in a slam semi-final two years in a row against Fed has guts.

by Anonymousreply 23809/10/2011

Love Andy Murray.

by Anonymousreply 23909/10/2011

Andy Murray's biggest problem is that he is incredibly negative and downright petulant during his matches, which makes it very difficult to believe in him and become a fan. He needs to get rid of all these people living and fighting inside his brain plus that harpy of the mother if he wants to start winning majors.

by Anonymousreply 24009/10/2011

LOL R225. Go take your meds, dear. Unlike you, I can distinguish between someone's achievements and their personality. And frankly, Roger's sucks. I know that upsets you, but these things happen in the world outside of your basement.

by Anonymousreply 24109/10/2011

[quote]LOL [R225]. Go take your meds, dear. Unlike you, I can distinguish between someone's achievements and their personality. And frankly, Roger's sucks. I know that upsets you, but these things happen in the world outside of your basement.

No, it doesn't upset me at the least. Federer is one of the greatest tennis players in the history of the sport and easily the most popular tennis player today. His contemporaries have nothing but praise for him and these are the people that compete with him. I love his game and I love his interviews, as do millions of other people all over the world. You sound rather bitter over his success, so this must suck for you.

by Anonymousreply 24209/10/2011

Yeah, R240. Murray always has that hang-dog I can barely breathe look during his matches. I couldn't get behind a player like him. But he must have some fans. Most of them probably post on his official site.

by Anonymousreply 24309/10/2011

Rafa looked great out there today!

by Anonymousreply 24409/10/2011

Yay Rafa!!!! He is such a cutie!!!

by Anonymousreply 24509/10/2011

Lots of tennis today, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 24609/10/2011

R229 "Novak's Secret: Sitting in a Pressurized Egg"

by Anonymousreply 24709/10/2011

Rafa needs some different underwear. He has to pull it out of his ass crack every time he serves.

by Anonymousreply 24809/10/2011

I get that Federer is an artist. But it's only in the past few years where we've seen what a baby he can be when he loses. It's easy to be gracious when you're winning all the time. Look at his post-match press conference today. Doesn't give Novak any credit at all. Said his shot was "lucky" that beat back the first match point. And then basically ridicules him for even attempting such a shot on a match point down. Jackass.

by Anonymousreply 24909/10/2011

It is disturbing to see, R248.

I think it's become a nervous tick of some kind.

I hope he is able to pull it off against that other dude.

by Anonymousreply 25009/10/2011

Where have you been, r248? He has done that his entire career.

by Anonymousreply 25109/10/2011

R248, he has said it's a nervous habit he developed early on. Even if it once had to do with the type of underwear, it's now a habit.

by Anonymousreply 25209/10/2011

r249, I just took your advice and watched the post-match interview with Roger. I think it was a mistake for him to wear his RF-logo cap while acting like a sullen douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 25309/10/2011

Nadal is a little OCD with the ass picking and the hair swipes behind the ears. I can take it, because he is a humble champion. Joker definitely deserved to win today, but he bounced the ball 12-18 times before each serve. I counted, that is fucking annoying. Even Dick Enberg said ti was annoying. Then he gets all pissy because the crowd is behind Federer. He is really immature, it's hard for me to love him even though he is a great player his douchieness is off the charts.

by Anonymousreply 25409/10/2011

Go Caroline!!!!

by Anonymousreply 25509/10/2011

Cyndi got the words to the Nat'l Anthem wrong.

by Anonymousreply 25609/10/2011

Damn!

Serena's ass has it's own zip code!

by Anonymousreply 25709/10/2011

R249: Fed even compared Novak's 'lucky' shot to what some of his oponents did when Fed was a kid & that tried 'lucky' shots when they had no chance to win. Ungracious pretty much covers it.

by Anonymousreply 25809/10/2011

This match should be over in about 30 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 25909/10/2011

"Serena's ass has it's own zip code!"

Bigger, rounder, more feminine ass: Serena Williams or Anthony Recker?

by Anonymousreply 26009/10/2011

That's got to be one of the most embarrassing beat-downs of a number one player ever.

Serena just steamrolled Wozzie.

by Anonymousreply 26109/10/2011

r249, but it was a lucky shot, Djokovic knew it too. He smirked after he hit it. Lucky shot or not it does not excuse Roger from not finishing him off that service game.

by Anonymousreply 26209/10/2011

r261, yes but I got a little nervous after she blew serving it out at 5-3, was like dejavu. But then she broke back to win it.

by Anonymousreply 26309/10/2011

Thank you r256. I thought so, too.t

by Anonymousreply 26409/11/2011

I think Diddy wants to diddle the Djoker!

by Anonymousreply 26509/11/2011

Nadal seemed very sincere when he mentioned 9/11. Serena, not so much.%0D %0D I have always hated when Djoko starts with the damn incessant bouncing before serving. He seemed to get it under control, but now I notice he does it when he seems to get nervous or tight.

by Anonymousreply 26609/11/2011

What makes you say that, R215?

by Anonymousreply 26709/11/2011

Serena could have and should have won the match 6-2 6-1. Imagine what the score would have been on grass, probably 6-1 6-0. Caroline is mindless and s.l.o.w. She had no strategy whatsoever and just pushing the ball back in the middle of the court ain't gonna get it done. Yet she remains no. 1 in the world, having reached sf in Australia and US, early losses at the French and Wimbledon. In the glory days of tennis that was probably world no. 4 or lower. %0D %0D Just a feeling, but I think Stosur is going to beat Serena in three sets.

by Anonymousreply 26809/11/2011

Did Rafa get hair augmentation or something? His hair looked much more full and lush after today's match than it did after the French and Wimbledon.

by Anonymousreply 26909/11/2011

I've got my first grand slam trophy. You jealous bitches thought it would never happen.

by Anonymousreply 27009/11/2011

R185, are you talking about this...

by Anonymousreply 27109/11/2011

Tipsarevic is asking for a little nipple play.

by Anonymousreply 27209/11/2011

Gilles Simon might be going commando in this pic.

by Anonymousreply 27309/11/2011

I thought Rafa's hair looked a little thin on top today. He may be losing it already.

by Anonymousreply 27409/11/2011

Maybe Mel will be considered a doubles specialist like Liezel Huber now. Her singles record this year is like 5-25.

by Anonymousreply 27509/11/2011

Hey Melanie, are you also fucking your coach now? Is your mom through with him?

by Anonymousreply 27609/11/2011

Ugh, I screwed up. Meant to attach this pic for R185 - Murray with his legs up in the air.

by Anonymousreply 27709/11/2011

[quote]With good reason, Roger Federer struggled to accept the uncanny repetition of defeat by Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals of the US Open.... There followed a string of excuses and justifications which not only were barely sustainable given the evidence but seriously disrespected the winner.

by Anonymousreply 27809/11/2011

roger is just not used to be a loser..he is a bit of a brat.

by Anonymousreply 27909/11/2011

I understand his douchiness. Federer is an asshole and ugly and there are no Swiss Americans like there are Serbian Americans. The Joker is tall and handsome and practically a drag queen in his persona. I'd be offended too if I were him and a New York crowd were rooting for Federer.

by Anonymousreply 28009/11/2011

Yes, and yum r277. He may be a sad sack, but Murray has a rockin' bod, especially those legs.%0D %0D That's one spicy ginge.

by Anonymousreply 28109/11/2011

Fed just doesn't want it enough anymore. I can't really blame him, he's done it all... but that's no reason to be a douche afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 28209/11/2011

Another perfect example of Roger being sooo "classy."

by Anonymousreply 28309/11/2011

Federer is classy on court, which is more than you can say for a lot of the top players, including Djokovic. Have you forgotten the 2008 USOpen when Djokovic lashed out at Roddick on the court, right after beating him in qf? He was jeered off the court.

I'm glad to see Federer pissed off. It means he has fire left in him and at least one more slam.

by Anonymousreply 28409/11/2011

Congrats to Melanie Oudin and Jack Soc.

I guess it's back to nowheresville for Mel, now.

Serena was so insincere about 9/11 last night.

Caroline really doesn't deserve to be #1.

by Anonymousreply 28509/11/2011

Andy Murray is the fugliest guy in the pro tennis. At least he's not channeling Carrot Top anymore.

by Anonymousreply 28609/11/2011

R284: you mean like in that SF of Key Biscayne in 2009 when Djokovic beat him in three sets? Like when he first broke his racket, than hurled the water bottle and refused to shake the umpire's hand at the end of the match? Keep classy, Roger, I'm sure your PR people will be able to keep spinning such things in the future. I've never seen Nadal or Djokovic do anything like that even when they had extremely bad days on court.

by Anonymousreply 28709/11/2011

I just watched a clip of that on youtube, r284, and it is not as you describe. Andy Roddick had trashed Djokovic to the press and mocked his fitness, so Djokovic was understandably miffed. Then the NY crowd, sore their boy Roddick had lost, really let loose on him. His comments didn't deserve the kind of asshole booing from that audience.

by Anonymousreply 28809/11/2011

Federer owes Djokovic an apology. Fed can not seem to understand that Novak has a different personality and playing style.%0D %0D I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Novak turns out to have a higher IQ than Roger.

by Anonymousreply 28909/11/2011

Just because Roddick has no class it doesn't mean Djokovic should have trashed him, on the court no less.

[quote][R284]: you mean like in that SF of Key Biscayne in 2009 when Djokovic beat him in three sets? Like when he first broke his racket, than hurled the water bottle and refused to shake the umpire's hand at the end of the match? Keep classy, Roger, I'm sure your PR people will be able to keep spinning such things in the future. I've never seen Nadal or Djokovic do anything like that even when they had extremely bad days on court.

Oh, please. You hate the guy so much you are desperate to prove that somehow Federer disrespect his opponents on the court all the time. And you know very well about Nadal's and Djokovic's time wasting on the court. Everyone does. Somehow that's classy. What bs.

by Anonymousreply 29009/11/2011

About Key Biscayne:

[italic]Federer had a reputation for tirades in juniors, and he broke a racket in anger in the 2005 Key Biscayne final against Nadal. But that's the last such tantrum he could remember, and [bold]he has long been considered the tour's model citizen.[/bold]

So it was surprising when he kicked a ball in frustration after an errant forehand. Two games later Federer took out his frustration on his racket, which snapped at his feet.

Stefan Edberg streaking across the court would have been no more startling. Fans jeered at first, then reconsidered their reaction as Federer trudged to his chair and unwrapped a new racket. When he walked back to the baseline, they roared.

Chair umpire Fergus Murphy did not cite Federer for a code violation, probably because he was speechless. Djokovic had his back to the outburst.

"Look, it's obvious frustration," Djokovic said. "I just tried to keep my focus. I was on a roll in this period of the match, so I just tried to continue on playing patiently and win the match."[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 29109/11/2011

r290- This is what you consider "trashing"?

"It was not nice to say I have 16 injuries. Does it look like I have 16 injuries now?"

Djokovic was just sticking up for himself. There was no trashing of Roddick.

by Anonymousreply 29209/11/2011

He did it after beating Roddick at the USOpen, so it was done at a particularly bad moment for Roddick. Let's say Federer did something like that? Would you say that was OK? Or would you say that Federer lacks class? I think I know what the answer is.

Ultimately, all of these guys are extremely competitive. They're not best friends off the court. They're friendly enough. They're all different personalities and the stakes are very high at this lever of game. They're bound to have their bitchy moments.

I think Federer and Nadal are friendlier now than five years ago. Federer and Djokovic do not seem to like each other.

by Anonymousreply 29309/11/2011

lever = level

by Anonymousreply 29409/11/2011

I don't think Fed OR Rafa like Novak.

by Anonymousreply 29509/11/2011

Rafa and Novak used to get along; they played doubles together last summer.

I don't think Rafa would want to play with Novak now, after how badly he's been owned in 2011. Although something tells me Rafa gets his revenge tomorrow & wins the US Open.

by Anonymousreply 29609/11/2011

Yeah I think Rafa will take it in four sets tomorrow. It'll be nice and symmetrical at the four majors this year - Nole, Rafa, Nole, Rafa.

Rafa over Nole in four Rena over Sammy in two

by Anonymousreply 29709/11/2011

Rafa and Djoker used to have the same PR guy (Benito?).

Anyway, he resigned right after Wimby and Novak's family took over the job.

I'm assuming that Rafa told the guy it's either him or me!

by Anonymousreply 29809/11/2011

I love Rafa, but I'm pulling for Nole tomorrow. Rafa needs to get his, and I thinking that Rafa is his bitch.

by Anonymousreply 29909/11/2011

With Rafa and Novak, I don't think they have personal animosity for each other. They were reputedly getting on quite well off the court in the past but, ultimately, they are two of the world's three best athletes in their sport and both of them will make their priority to be No.1. If somebody gets into your head by beating you over and over again, you probably want to take some distance to assess how you can regain mental advantage over them. As tennis pros, that's a part of their job. However, all of that can be done in a very civil manner and I've never heard either of them talk trash about the other one.

by Anonymousreply 30009/11/2011

Federer can say whatever he wants. He's still got Monday off. Go Novak!

by Anonymousreply 30109/11/2011

Djokovic has matured tremendously in the past few years. I can remember when the press wanted him to play the role of the bad guy in the upper tier of men's tennis and he was never comfortable with it. He wants to be loved, and I'm sure it does bug him that the crowd was so relentlessly pro-Federer yesterday after he has been trying for years to win them over. He almost always says and does the right things these days and still can't get the love.

But I love him. And I hope he wins tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 30209/11/2011

Pushniacki lost to the real #1. Color me surprised.. or maybe not. Pushniacki is a disgrace to the WTA. This is why people think the WTA is a fucking joke. The #1 is still a slamless pusher. Fucking pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 30309/11/2011

I'll predict Serena in straight sets, something routine like 6-3, 6-2.

by Anonymousreply 30409/11/2011

Who is better hung? Stosur or Serena?

by Anonymousreply 30509/11/2011

Sammie's looking good so far.

Serena is not. It really was unfair to have her play the last match last night with the final set for today.

by Anonymousreply 30609/11/2011

I'm just waiting for a bout of Serena's 'roid rage...

by Anonymousreply 30709/11/2011

Which she barely broke a sweat during. Stosur had the far tougher match.

by Anonymousreply 30809/11/2011

Heads UP!! Stosur just took the 1st set from Serena .... 6-2.

by Anonymousreply 30909/11/2011

Can Stosur pull this off? She is not the strongest player out there, mentally.

by Anonymousreply 31009/11/2011

A part of me want Stosur to win just to see what the commemorators will say.... at the beginning they said... 'Serena is playing for the people of NY.'

by Anonymousreply 31109/11/2011

well, the Serena rage has started...

by Anonymousreply 31209/11/2011

Stosur has to close this in two.

by Anonymousreply 31309/11/2011

I hope Stosur can keep her cool.

C'MON SAM!

by Anonymousreply 31409/11/2011

I love how earlier in the tournament Serena pretended she couldn't remember if she was defaulted during the singles or doubles. Now she clearly remembers it was the same chair umpire as today.

Also, when people talk about the foot fault default, I wish they would remember that Clijsters killed her in that match. The foot fault call made no difference.

by Anonymousreply 31509/11/2011

Serena your roid rage is back and try and be a credit to your race, what you did was an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 31609/11/2011

Again, Serena is a thug in a tennis dress.

by Anonymousreply 31709/11/2011

Serena really is the most classless champion ever in women's sports.

by Anonymousreply 31809/11/2011

Damn, Stosur is striking the ball really well.

by Anonymousreply 31909/11/2011

You can take the thugette out of the ghetto but....

by Anonymousreply 32009/11/2011

Hell YES, service break for Stosur. 2 games from title.

by Anonymousreply 32109/11/2011

Sounds as if Serena's behavior just took a turn for the worse! %0D %0D Apparently Serena lost a point for calling out while ball was in play, then argued with ump, code warning, crowd booring Stosur (WTF?), more comments by Serena to ump.%0D %0D Now 3-3 in 2nd set (after Stosur won the 1st set).%0D %0D Come on STOSUR!

by Anonymousreply 32209/11/2011

Go Sam!

by Anonymousreply 32309/11/2011

MAtch Point Stosur.

by Anonymousreply 32409/11/2011

If serena looses, she will blame it on that call, r322.

by Anonymousreply 32509/11/2011

The ghetto thug beaten in straight sets!

by Anonymousreply 32609/11/2011

Serena got her ass handed to heeer.

by Anonymousreply 32709/11/2011

Wow!!!

How cool i that???

by Anonymousreply 32809/11/2011

Yeah, Stosur won!!! I can't wait to Serena's press conference.

by Anonymousreply 32909/11/2011

YEAH, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stosur in straight sets.

by Anonymousreply 33009/11/2011

Serena didn't shake the empires' hand... how classy.

by Anonymousreply 33109/11/2011

Sam rocks!

I'm so happy for her and Australia!

by Anonymousreply 33209/11/2011

"Serena has gotten out of a lot of deep holes in her career."

Not this time.

by Anonymousreply 33309/11/2011

Is Stosur gay?

by Anonymousreply 33409/11/2011

I played tennis and a single point can turn a match in a different direction. Serena can acknowledge the critical nature of certain points in deciding matches if she wants. I think people should let players act the way they do and appreciated the variety of personalities on the tour instead of wanting them to behave the same.%0D %0D I've suspected Sam Stosur is a lesbian for years. I haven't been able to get conformation yet. Lisa Raymond, who is openly gay, won the women's doubles. Congrats to her! Lisa and Sam were doubles partners for years.

by Anonymousreply 33509/11/2011

Wow - three first-time grand slam champions this year on the women's side. And none was the alleged #1.

by Anonymousreply 33609/11/2011

Do you think Stosur is on the juice? She's as muscular as Mauresmo.

by Anonymousreply 33709/11/2011

Serena is s bigger cunt than Andy Murray's mother Judy.

by Anonymousreply 33809/11/2011

I HATE tennis television directors! The champion, Stosur, is climbing up into the stands and celebrating, but instead of showing that, the director chose to linger on a close-up of emotionless Serena. Why do they make these choices? Were they perhaps saving America from a possible lesbian kiss?

by Anonymousreply 33909/11/2011

Never been a big fan of either of the Williams sisters but, I have to admit, she was very gracious during that interview. She said the controversial point would not have made a difference in the long run. No blaming, just giving Stosur the credit.

by Anonymousreply 34009/11/2011

Hell just froze over because Serena gave credit to her opponent, Stosur.

by Anonymousreply 34109/11/2011

Serena is giving Sam a lot of credit for winning. I think some of you like to hate Serena for non-tennis reasons. It%E2%80%99s a shame.

by Anonymousreply 34209/11/2011

Damn that umpire for expecting that Serena follow the rules! Damn her!

by Anonymousreply 34309/11/2011

Does anyone really think that Venus has auto-immune disease? I think she's got emotional problems.

by Anonymousreply 34409/11/2011

Okay, I have to reply to this. I was waiting for Serena to be her normal-"I lost because I was weak/wronged/tired etc etc". I was pleasantly surprised that she gave credit to Stosur. Someone must of gotten to her and told her to calm down and become really nice as to not let this blow up(her yelling again at umpire which she kept doing even after ruling).

Stosur was winning anyway and looked really strong-Serena finally met her match and it was good to see someone else step up.

by Anonymousreply 34509/11/2011

Serena did show a lot of class and it's exciting to have her back, but wonderful to have a new US champ in Stosur. After that French final last year, I would have thought Stosur would have been unable to play the way she did today. %0D %0D Now just imagine four months from now, down under when Sam plays the Aussie Open. The last Aussie women to win that title was...???

by Anonymousreply 34609/11/2011

Sam is indeed a lesbian. Serena has no class. I am so happy Stosur beat her!

by Anonymousreply 34709/11/2011

R344 I agree, I'm also suspicious about her illness. I think she might want to take a break, but not want constant questions about retirement.

by Anonymousreply 34809/11/2011

[quote]She said the controversial point would not have made a difference in the long run.

What she meant was - my little tantrum didn't work in my favor. Her acting out on court could have easily affected Stosur and the match could have had a different outcome. Serena is perfectly aware of this.

by Anonymousreply 34909/11/2011

Serena damn sure never gave Capriati any credit for beating her fat ass.

Always claimed she had a stomach virus.

by Anonymousreply 35009/11/2011

Julie Minogue?

by Anonymousreply 35109/11/2011

I'm pretty happy with the form that Rafa showed during his last two matches. His average serve speed is not where it was during last year's USO, but maybe he's waiting until the final to pull that out of his arsenal. %0D %0D %0D Vamos Rafa!

by Anonymousreply 35209/11/2011

I haven't cared for the WTA since Henin was playing... it is nice to see a new player out there who plays well.

by Anonymousreply 35309/11/2011

This explains why Serena is friends with Roddick. They're both arrogant douchebags. Except Roddick's sense of entitlement is even less justifiable than Serena's considering that he has won only one major title to her thirteen.

by Anonymousreply 35409/11/2011

Stosur is a cutie...great smile.

Love this ad campaign....

by Anonymousreply 35509/11/2011

Did anyone else see the comments Serena made that the tv program didn't show the first time because of the commercial break? She was talking horribly to the empire who was correct, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 35609/11/2011

Nice to see Roger posting and rooting for Rafa at r352.

by Anonymousreply 35709/11/2011

It's great to see a gay sports champion again. And Stosur is so likable.

by Anonymousreply 35809/11/2011

Just watched replay of Serena's fight with the umpire. She was wagging her finger at the umpire like an angry Duane Reade cashier.

by Anonymousreply 35909/11/2011

Serena and Roddick are cut from the same cloth. They both abuse the umpires and line judges when they break the rules or things don't go their way. They personify ugly Americans.

Serena said to the umpire, "You're giving me a code violation for expressing myself? I'm an American!"

by Anonymousreply 36009/11/2011

I haven't seen Stosur play before... I am now a fan.

by Anonymousreply 36109/11/2011

r359, it is especially sweet since the last Aussie woman to hoist the US Open trophy was the famous homophobe, Margaret Court.

by Anonymousreply 36209/11/2011

Shame on the US Open for scheduling their eventual champion to play her semifinal match on the lowly Grandstand Court yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 36309/11/2011

Serena's diatribe during the change over was absolutely hilarious. Loved her essentially invoking the first amendment.

by Anonymousreply 36409/11/2011

Serena was funny.

by Anonymousreply 36509/11/2011

OMG they are replaying her ranting at the umpire during the commercial break. Serena is a total bitch. Basically threatening her:

"If you ever see me walking down the hall, look the other way. Cause you're out of control. You're a hater and you're unattractive inside.".

And she went on and on.

by Anonymousreply 36609/11/2011

Serena girl you need to practice more instead of making embarrassing videos of you trying to dance.

by Anonymousreply 36709/11/2011

I thought it was childish when she keep saying to the empire not to look at her... I used to do that when I was little.

by Anonymousreply 36809/11/2011

I fucking loved it when Capriati would beat Serena......

That was power against power, baby!

by Anonymousreply 36909/11/2011

What is Capriati up to these days?

by Anonymousreply 37009/11/2011

The thing is, there was an unbelievable hype about Serena these two weeks. One would have been lead to think that they should just give her the trophy since nobody in the universe could possibly beat her, even if she played standing on one leg. On ESPN Tennis page, the paeans to Serena have completely overshadowed the reporting on the men's tournament. Of course, USTA will tolerate her outbursts, threats to the umpires, line judges, and even opponents, since she's their meal ticket as the only American who can lift the trophy on either side, men or women and, as such, generates high TV ratings in America. WTA also goes pretty easy on her by handing out symbolic fines like two years ago since the tour is in such a state of disarray that they have very few sponsors and, for a casual fan, she's one of very few widely recognizable names. When you know that your behavior won't have many consequences, if any, you feel like you can get away with just about anything.

by Anonymousreply 37109/11/2011

R370 I heard one of the commentators say they saw Capriati during the Open. She was out and about with Iva Majoli. I remember them being friends from way back.

by Anonymousreply 37209/11/2011

STOP LOOKING AT ME!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 37309/11/2011

Here's a clip of the controversy. Her comments to the umpire during the change over start at 1:40.

by Anonymousreply 37409/11/2011

Capriati was at one of the several red carpet events that different tennis sponsors had during the US Open. (See link) She looked OK, but a little older than her age, which is common for tennis players who spend so much time in the sun.

She was also nominated for the Tennis Hall of Fame 2012 induction class. I was never a huge Jennifer fan, although I hate to hear of some of the troubles she had after tennis, so wishing her the best. Maybe the Hall of Fame will open up some new avenues for her.

by Anonymousreply 37509/11/2011

Thanks for the info on Capriati.

by Anonymousreply 37609/11/2011

Serena proves again what a piece of vile ghetto trash she is. Can't win on the court so she resorts to threatening the umpire. Again.

by Anonymousreply 37709/11/2011

So happy for Sam. I was almost crying. Almost.

We talk about Rafa, Fed, and Nole, having class, well Serena just one upped them.

Classless. Cunt.

No need to talk to the chair ump that way. No excuse.

My favorite part of that match is when Serena lost. Her family looked like they had been hit over the head with 2x4's. Totally shocked!

by Anonymousreply 37809/11/2011

More hilarity from Serena. This is her post-match press conference. She answers questions like she's being questioned by the police! Evasive much?

by Anonymousreply 37909/11/2011

They sure milked that interference call on TV. Now I will always remember where I was on September 11th, when Serena dissed a referee.

by Anonymousreply 38009/11/2011

r371,

I agree with everything you said.

by Anonymousreply 38109/11/2011

Am I the only one who thinks that Mary Carillo isn't a big fan of Serena's?

I mean, she doesn't kiss her ass like Mary Jo Fernandez, does.

by Anonymousreply 38209/11/2011

I am so sick of the commentators kissing Serena's ass and cheerleading for her. I know she is American and all but it is kind of ridiculous, with the exception of Carrillo who called Serena immediately by saying it was bad form. It was, the point was not over. I still kind of like Serena, she had me laughing when she was carrying on, but still, always with the drama. She needs to really check herself and grow the fuck up.

Glad to see Stosur beat her handily. No excuses from Serena because she lost big.

by Anonymousreply 38309/11/2011

Is Capriati still dating Dale Debone the porn star?

by Anonymousreply 38409/11/2011

When Mary Jo Fernandez interviews Serena right after the match, she called her 'the ever gracious Serena'. I almost died laughing.

Carillo made various comments stating that the referee was right in her call.

by Anonymousreply 38609/11/2011

Mary Joe is the Fed Cup captain and I guess she feels like she has to kiss Serena's ass so that Serena shows up for the team every once in a while.

I hope MJ keeps her off the Olympic team and rewards the players who consistently show up and play for her. I know, fat chance.

by Anonymousreply 38709/11/2011

Mary Joe will continue to kiss Serena's ass, just at Patrick McEnroe kissed Roddick's ass, because of their conflict of interest, I mean their coaching positions for Fed Cup and (ex)Davis Cup. It's funny to listen to McEnroe now try to be a straight shooter... too late, you've lost all your credibility on that front, bozo.

Meanwhile, contrast them with:

1. Jim Courier, the new Davis Cup coach who is up front about his position in his commentary, and from what I heard during the Open, he doesn't hold back. In commenting on Donald Young, certainly a potential Davis Cup candidate now that he's a top 5 American, Courier basically said he had a nice run in NYC, but the jury is still out. Had some very valid comments on Young's maturity. (Basically that it's easy to be mature when you're winning, let's see what happens with his losses.)

2. Carillo, who left ESPN because of their cheerleading in the booth, and gave us the straight shit on Serena today, just as she did two years ago when Serena threatened to shove tennis balls down a linesperson's throat. (Ever gracious, indeed.) Carillo said Serena should be suspended for that.

by Anonymousreply 38809/12/2011

Serena missed one thing in her "LaKeisha from the hood" tirade against the umpire - turning to one of her homegirls and saying, "Shaniqua, hold mah earrings, gurrlll" and getting ready to assault the umpire.

by Anonymousreply 38909/12/2011

Oh R389 gurl, you best watch you mouff. I's be gunning for yo lily white ass.

by Anonymousreply 39009/12/2011

lick me Annie C.

by Anonymousreply 39209/12/2011

Umpire...you in danger girl!

by Anonymousreply 39409/12/2011

Federer probably went and cried when he lost as ususal.%0D Serena is a bad sport and couldnt match Stosur so started some bullshit and it didnt work. Glad you lost%0D And is Lsa raymond single?%0D

by Anonymousreply 39509/12/2011

"she was very gracious during that interview"%0D %0D Serena behaved badly during the match. Only gave Stosur token congrats immediately after that match. Then five (?) minutes later started that smilely chat.%0D %0D I think that Serena might have remembered her fine (was it $100,000?) from last year and the fact that she was lucky not to be suspended.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 39609/12/2011

Nothing is going to come of this, but apparently Serena's behavior toward the umpire has prompted further investigation. She is still under probation from her threats 2 years ago at the line judge that called the foot fault.

The umpire today wasn't the same that worked that Clijsters match. So does anyone know what Serena was talking about when she asked if this lady was the same that screwed her before?

by Anonymousreply 39709/12/2011

Who is Latifah's lady friend?

by Anonymousreply 39809/12/2011

Who is Andy Samberg's man friend?

by Anonymousreply 39909/12/2011

Now for Bradley Cooper and Ron Rifkin. I'm guessing the two foxy ladies seated directly in from of each of them are not their current beards.

by Anonymousreply 40009/12/2011

R400, that's the first photo of Bradley Cooper where I've thought he looks attractive. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 40109/12/2011

Serena is an amazing athlete, and a fierce competitor. She's also a spoiled bitch and a liar.%0D %0D I forget who said it a few years ago, after the last incident: "a million dollar athelete with a 5 cent mind". John Wertheim?

by Anonymousreply 40209/12/2011

Why isn't Ron Rifkin getting ready for Uncle Saul on Brothers and Sisters?%0D %0D Anywho, the Fed Cup issue with Mary Joe Fernadez is such a joke. The Williamses supported Zina Garrison when she was the cap, but not much at that. They will only play for MJ to qualify for the Ols and this is how absurd it gets: Venus travedled with the team earlier this year, did not SIT with them, did not practice with them or join in the Charades games in MJ's hotel suite, yet she is now considered for the Olympics. What a pile of garbage. %0D %0D I'm guessing Mel's US Open mixed win (poor Jack Sox's back MUST BE KILLING HIM) will put her in there as Liezel Huber's doubles partner for upcoming Fed matches.

by Anonymousreply 40309/12/2011

"So does anyone know what Serena was talking about when she asked if this lady was the same that screwed her before?"%0D %0D I assumed that Serena had had a moment of passion with a woman, perhaps with the lights out so that it didn't count as sex, and that she was trying to set up a repeat!

by Anonymousreply 40409/12/2011

[quote]So does anyone know what Serena was talking about when she asked if this lady was the same that screwed her before?

I think she got her confused with Mariana Alves. You know all those white girls look alike.

Seriously though, she kind of did look like her.

by Anonymousreply 40509/12/2011

Apparently, that was the same umpire who made a similar decision in her match against Kuznetsova at the Year Ending Champs two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 40609/12/2011

[quote] I believe she feared something would again come up with an unfair(?) call of some sort, and that harmed her performance somewhat.

Please do not make Serena into a victim. "Unfair" things happen to Serena because she has no respect for anyone on the court and gets pissed off when things do not go her way. Nothing unfair happens to other players because they behave professionally.

by Anonymousreply 40809/12/2011

R407's blathering has got to be one of dumbest things ever posted on dl!

by Anonymousreply 40909/12/2011

partial quote of the outburst:

"A code violation because I expressed who I am? We're in America last I checked. Am I gonna get violated for a water? Really, don't even look at me. I promise you, don't look at me because I am not the one. Don't look my way." [...]

[...] "If you ever see me walking down the hall, walk the other way. Because you're out of control. Totally out of control. You're a hater, you're unattractive inside. Who would do such a thing. And I never complain. Wow." ----

by Anonymousreply 41009/12/2011

I wish the umpire had said: And what are you going to do? Shove a fucking ball down my fucking throat?

by Anonymousreply 41109/12/2011

Who did Stosur hug in the stands?

by Anonymousreply 41209/12/2011

[quote] I have to admit, she was very gracious during that interview. %0D %0D I said that before I heard what went on during the break. She is as vile and evil as ever. I wish I could remove that post. She doesn't deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 41309/12/2011

Wonder if Wozniacki took too much out of Serena because Serena ain't the fittest, yet she had to take on 2 extremely fit athletes back to back.

by Anonymousreply 41409/12/2011

Serena got fined $2,000.

The internet articles and TV commenter (I am watching the male final), are saying how pathetic the fine is. Way too low, and that basically players will be able to say whatever they want considering how low the fine are now days.

From the article: For verbally abusing a chair umpire and making a mockery of tennis on its grandest stage, Serena Williams earned a paltry $2,000 fine from gutless U.S. Open officials afraid to rein in the despicable behavior of the game's biggest star.

She will receive no tournament ban and her probation, which had been in effect since her infamous 2009 outburst at the U.S. Open, has been lifted. To call this a slap on the wrist would be overstating it. The fine was more like an imperceptible shake of the head.

Consider: Serena took home $1.4 million from the U.S. Open, a total which includes the prize money she won for being a finalist and her bonus for winning the U.S. Open hard court series. The $2,000 fine represents 0.14 percent of her total haul.

In total at the Open, Serena spent 527 minutes on the court, earning $2,656 per minute. Essentially, she paid for that $2,000 fine in 45 seconds of court time. That's as long as it takes to play a single point.

by Anonymousreply 41509/12/2011

I think she's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 41609/12/2011

God, I'm so freaking tense right now.

by Anonymousreply 41709/12/2011

Are you guys watching the match?

by Anonymousreply 41809/12/2011

Thanks for your concern R403. I'm feeling pretty good today, my back held up well. But you know, Mel is a pretty small gal (and I'm not just referring to her boobs), so carrying her through the match wasn't too taxing.

by Anonymousreply 41909/12/2011

Yet another humiliating beatdown for Nadal.

He should have tanked his match against Murray, and bailed out gracefully.

by Anonymousreply 42009/12/2011

I am watching the match... hopefully Nadal will get back into the game.. mentally.

by Anonymousreply 42109/12/2011

Serena has always thought she is too good for tennis. She was bound to have her ass handed to her some day.

by Anonymousreply 42209/12/2011

$2000? Why bother, they're just embarrassing themselves.

by Anonymousreply 42309/12/2011

[quote] Serena has always thought she is too good for tennis. She was bound to have her ass handed to her some day.

Maybe with a forklift.

by Anonymousreply 42409/12/2011

I hope so, R421. He needs to flatten out his shots and hit bigger. He also needs to go for more on the first serve so he can get more free points. He's trying to run djokovic all around the court hoping he will run out of steam later in the match. I still think he needs to hit flatter with more pace. I hope his strategy works, though.

by Anonymousreply 42509/12/2011

Excellent game! Wow. How long was it, about 20 minutes?

by Anonymousreply 42609/12/2011

Djokovic's return is SICK.

by Anonymousreply 42709/12/2011

How long can Djokovic play like this? It is unreal. I hope Nadal wins because if not, it will be a very boring year of tennis. He has no rival.

by Anonymousreply 42809/12/2011

Go Martina!!!

by Anonymousreply 42909/12/2011

Djoke wins, 6-2, 6-2, 6-1.

by Anonymousreply 43009/12/2011

Djokovic needs to use a portion of the prize money to see a dermatologist about the fungus on his neck.

by Anonymousreply 43109/12/2011

[quote]I hope Nadal wins because if not, it will be a very boring year of tennis.

People always say that when one player is dominating the game. You heard it over and over again when Federer was dominating (usually from Nadal fans). Then Nadal was dominating, but not for long. Now it's Djokovic's time. He is in his prime. I don't see him letting anyone near the No1 spot any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 43209/12/2011

What's the spotty on Djokovic? Skin allergy? I've never noticed that before.

by Anonymousreply 43309/12/2011

Looks like tinea versicolor. Easily treatable...but tends to come back a lot. I've had it since a was a kid. But I don't let it go untreated like he has.

by Anonymousreply 43409/12/2011

Also, let's hope Federer sticks around for another year or two. He seems to be the only player who can give Djokovic trouble.

by Anonymousreply 43509/12/2011

Am I the only one getting annoyed with the yahoos in the crowd shouting stuff out in the middle of points?

by Anonymousreply 43609/12/2011

Men's Finals .. Third Set ... 2-2

Come on Nole Nole Nole Nole Nole Nole Nole Nole Nole Nole Nole Nole Nole

by Anonymousreply 43709/12/2011

No, I also find it annoying R436.%0D %0D When the season ends and heavy training begins I think Rafa will come back with a solution to Nole's game. He needs to get a lot more free points off the first serve and hit a bit flatter off the ground to take more time away from Djokovic. He's hitting way too many balls short, he needs more length for sure.

by Anonymousreply 43809/12/2011

Rafa may have figured something out already... He's got the MO right now.

by Anonymousreply 43909/12/2011

NY tennis fans are obnoxious and boorish. It's time to move the US Open somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 44009/12/2011

Say what you want, this is great tennis.

by Anonymousreply 44109/12/2011

[440] Fly away, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 44209/12/2011

I have lots of respect for his great tennis but I find it impossible to like Nadal.

by Anonymousreply 44309/12/2011

Gretchen Carlson blames Serena's outburst on "Entitlement Generation" -%0D

by Anonymousreply 44409/12/2011

A fourth set. .. Rafa is psyched up and Nole is losing energy. Hard to say which will go. Exciting tennis!!

by Anonymousreply 44509/12/2011

Medical timeout doesn't look good for Djoker.

by Anonymousreply 44609/12/2011

That inside out fh is not working for Nadal in this match. He's usually pretty consistent with that shot.

by Anonymousreply 44709/12/2011

Will Djokovic get a dose of his own medicine? Two sets up and then losing. Hmmm...

by Anonymousreply 44809/12/2011

Nadal scented blood and perked up as soon as he noticed Djoker had a back problem. Nadal is a total bully.

by Anonymousreply 44909/12/2011

Well, at least Rafa won a set.

This is starting to look just like the match at Wimby.

by Anonymousreply 45009/12/2011

Is this going to be Nadal's sixth loss to Djokovic this year? Damn.

by Anonymousreply 45109/12/2011

THAT was a beatdown. Novak made Nadal look average. Amazing.

by Anonymousreply 45209/12/2011

Djokovic got lucky

by Anonymousreply 45309/12/2011

Roger is too polite to say it, but Djokovic is really just a pusher.

by Anonymousreply 45409/12/2011

Michele Bachmann's answer to Social Security reform made NO sense!

by Anonymousreply 45509/12/2011

Djokovic is a bad match up for Nadal, the same way Nadal is a bad match up for Federer. I'm glad to see Djokovic win. It means Federer's slam record is fairly safe.

by Anonymousreply 45609/12/2011

Don't Look At Me!!!!

by Anonymousreply 45709/12/2011

My mother used to hate how the US Open always announced the winners prize money during the trophy presentation. I think it's the only Slam to do so.

by Anonymousreply 45809/12/2011

Well, congrats to Nole.%0D %0D I still have faith that Rafa will find a way to solve this puzzle next season. He found a solution to Fed, he'll do it again.%0D %0D If Rafa served today like he did at last year's USO, the outcome would have been different.%0D %0D Great match!

by Anonymousreply 45909/12/2011

Way to go Nole!

by Anonymousreply 46009/12/2011

Novak looked fine in that red shirt at the awards ceremony. I just wish they'd let us watch him put it on.

by Anonymousreply 46109/12/2011

Fuck Novak and his ugly-ass hippy looking whatever.

Fuck all pro sports for this next week!!!!

by Anonymousreply 46209/12/2011

Serena's brand new reality show to be called FROM COMPTON TO HARLEM: THUGGING MY WAY ACROSS AMERICA

by Anonymousreply 46309/13/2011

R409: Did you forget to take your meds again? Your knee jerk anger issues are on full display once again. Mary!

by Anonymousreply 46409/13/2011

I like how Novak gushed about how he loved his team (one of whom is sporting a new beard just like him) and then sort mentioned his girlfriend and uncle whose birthday it was, without saying he loved any of them.%0D

by Anonymousreply 46509/13/2011

Have not read all the posts but are you saying Novak is a gay,r465 with the 'beard'reference?

by Anonymousreply 46609/13/2011

There was no way Rafa could beat Novak today. He was just too tough, his return is incredible and he is as quick as a bunny. Sorry Rafa, I love you but as someone else said, you need to flatten out your forehand. Did anyone notice in the first 2 sets, Rafa seemed tentative? Some normal shots he would've went for you just sliced back and continued a long 24+ shot rally. That is no way to win. I know it was windy but he was definitely not going for the kill when he should have.

by Anonymousreply 46709/13/2011

ND's g/f has gorgeous skin.

by Anonymousreply 46809/13/2011

Congrats to Nole. Both semis and finals were exciting games. He put away two of tennis's most prestigious and adept players. .. What an accomplishment. .. The three of them form the triumvirate at the pinnacle of Men's Tennis. .. Hats off to all three.

by Anonymousreply 46909/13/2011

Wonder if fugly Andy Murray will step up to challenge Novak?

It's pretty clear that Rafa and Fed CAN'T!

by Anonymousreply 47009/13/2011

I was referring to razor stubble R466. Both he and another one of his team have new beards they are working on.%0D

by Anonymousreply 47109/13/2011

What's up with the spin on the ball? I was watching a match a week ago between two men and the ball totally jumped when it hit the opposing players side. Is massive spin the newest craze?

by Anonymousreply 47209/13/2011

It's always been a craze in tennis. They all did it, Rod Laver more than any of these people.%0D

by Anonymousreply 47309/13/2011

R472, topspin was actually much more popular 10-20 years ago. Today's players are using flatter shots, which were in vogue in the 60's and 70's, along with slice. When I was growing up, topspin was all the rage. Now I have to learn how to hit flat shots. Today's flat shots have much more power, though. The new racquets have really facilitated this playing, and the way one grips the racquet has changed considerably also. I'm glad to see much more variety in spins today, though, especially the return of the slice backhand.

by Anonymousreply 47409/13/2011

[quote]It's pretty clear that Rafa and Fed CAN'T!

I don't think Nadal and Federer belong in the same sentence in this case. Federer beat Djokovic in Paris, fairly easily, and had a match point in the semis at the USO. He showed he can beat Djokovic. Nadal, on the other hand, has to deal with six consecutive loses to Djokovic. That's a big mental matzo ball.

And who knows what will happen with Djokovic. He may or may not be able to play at this level next year.

by Anonymousreply 47509/14/2011

Bump for our beloved USO-champion, Sam Stosur.

Who's her GF?

by Anonymousreply 47609/20/2011

Some older lady that travels with her as one of her trainers. That's what they say. She likes them a bit older.

by Anonymousreply 47709/20/2011

R477 - I believe someone refuted that @ l-chat (I know, I know...).

by Anonymousreply 47809/20/2011

2012 Bump

I haven't found a new thread for 2012. Would someone be so good as to open a fresh one?

by Anonymousreply 47908/27/2012

sammy always wore nipples pads, its a well known facts,, where have you been on mars

by Anonymousreply 48009/02/2012
Need more help? Click Here.