Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I can''t stand Robin Roberts

She is so smug and likes to insert herself into the stories she's discussing on GMA. She also needs to come out of the closet. Anyone agree?

by Anonymousreply 15804/30/2015

I don't understand what motivates these obviously gay public figures to remain closeted. Do they think it will somehow have a negative affect on their already successful careers? If it's a privacy issue then why did they pursue such high profile positions in a celebrity driven industry?

by Anonymousreply 308/28/2011

I am so glad I don't have TV.

by Anonymousreply 608/28/2011

Television. How quaint.

by Anonymousreply 908/28/2011

R13 = Alexandra Wentworth, and hates short Greeks.

by Anonymousreply 1408/28/2011

OP - you can have Ann Curry ANY DAY.

by Anonymousreply 1508/28/2011

"we CAN hold EVERYONE to the same standards"%0D %0D R13 you can't. Homophobia is still a big deal in the black community. It's a lot easier for a white gay or lesbian to be accepted than it is a black. That's just a fact.%0D %0D The posters who say it should be based on merit have convoluted their own fantasies in part to justify their white counterparts closeted behavior. Maybe twenty years down the road, but right now, it's not a level playing field. More white gays and lesbians will be embraced by their own community than a black. That's why you have so many on the DL and convincing themselves that they're straight and just "experimenting" with the opposite sex. %0D %0D Furthermore, you negate their struggles by insisting that there are none. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1708/28/2011

[quote]I love her. You guys just hate her because she's black. Anderson Cooper hasn't come out, but everybody on here loves him. Typical.

What? I had no idea she was black.

by Anonymousreply 1808/28/2011

r10 that's bullshit. Robin almost never gets criticized here or in the media for not coming out. Anderson has been attacked for it relentlessly for years while other rich high profile white and black TV news people get a pass.

by Anonymousreply 1908/28/2011

On the other hand, r11, black LGBT kids are MUCH more in need of gay public role models and the black community is MUCH more in need of people who can do effective gay outreach and education than the white east coast country club set that are Anderson Cooper's people. Robin coming out would fill a greater need.

by Anonymousreply 2108/28/2011

Oh come on. The praise for Anderson outweighs any criticism he gets here. In fact it's barf inducing.

by Anonymousreply 2208/28/2011

R21 of course it would be needed, but for her to be hesitant about publicly coming out is far more understandable. Maybe now that Lemon has, she will soon. %0D %0D This really has to be explained? Wow. Some of you need to get more in touch with the LGBT community. %0D %0D Anderson has no excuse. Any "attacks" (dramatic, much?) are simply legitimate criticisms of how he chooses to lead his life. He just wants to be publicly in the closet, and people are merely wondering why, since he has nothing to lose.

by Anonymousreply 2308/28/2011

I'd say most people on DL don't care for Anderson, including the webmaster.

by Anonymousreply 2408/28/2011

And if Robin does come out all you fickle gays will whine that you wish it was someone hot and not someone who everyone thought was gay already.

by Anonymousreply 2508/28/2011

The "praise" is mostly people obsessing about his sex life and digging for information about it, r22, and Robin would not want to be the target of what he gets there.%0D %0D When posters actually talk positives with him it's usually in response to other people first trashing him. If people trashed Robin more than they do she would likewise have an increased number of positive posts from people sticking up for her in response.

by Anonymousreply 2608/28/2011

Every glass closeted celebrity has an excuse and the decisions of every glass closeted celebrity who isn't attacking the community can be understood when you look try to look at their situation from their point of view and with empathy, r23. It doesn't make sense to arbitrarily privilege racial factors as sacrosanct and wholesale dismiss all other ones.%0D %0D "Attacks" is not over dramatic for a lot of the stuff he gets. There have been years of angry posters in forums calling him a closet coward and blaming him for everything bad that happens to gays including the suicides of kids for whom someone like Robin or Shep Smith would actually be much more natural, relateable role models. Anderson's the only one who's been outed all the time, so there's been low awareness other glass closeted gays even exist in news and all the glass closeted gays with more relateable backgrounds (i.e. all of them of all races) have had extremely low visibility.

by Anonymousreply 2708/28/2011

Mary Carillo is the white Robin Roberts or vice versa, seriously, the two are essentially the same person.

by Anonymousreply 2808/28/2011

Robin should come put exactly 24 hours after Anderson Cooper does.

by Anonymousreply 2908/28/2011

[quote]Robin should come put exactly 24 hours after Anderson Cooper does.%0D %0D Or maybe they could come out together to make it easier.%0D

by Anonymousreply 3008/28/2011

[R17] I'm talking about her AS A JOURNALIST. I think the conversation about her sexuality and Cooper's sexuality - and whether they should or should not come out - is a whole different kettle of fish. That was not what I was referring to.

I was simply addressing the OP's snark.

by Anonymousreply 3108/28/2011

OK, so who is her merkin. With whom is she pretending to be straight?

by Anonymousreply 3208/28/2011

I think Hoda Kotb is a lesbian too.

by Anonymousreply 3308/28/2011

R33, Hoda is "dating" some guy in his 60's.

He's ok looking. He was on the show to surprise her for her birthday.

by Anonymousreply 3408/28/2011

I thought she was out of the closet. She certainly spends a lot of time hanging out with Martina Navratilova and her hot young wife whenever they are in NY.

by Anonymousreply 3508/29/2011

RR was a sportscaster on a local news station here in Atlanta before heading for NY. We all just assumed she was a lez.

by Anonymousreply 3608/29/2011

GMA has descended into a National Enquirer tabloid show. And god forbid anyone over 45 should be on camera. Now they're obsessing over that blonde whore who went missing in Aruba. Who the fuck cares?

by Anonymousreply 3808/29/2011

[quote]I also hate her. I hate all these closeted gay celebs. I have no respect for them. I will not watch ABC GMA just because of that closet case. Be proud of licking your girlfriend's pussy every night. I cannot believe anything coming out of their (non-pussy) lips.

Some people on here really needs some serious therapy.

by Anonymousreply 4008/29/2011

I always assumed RR was gay, she just gives of gay vibes but maybe she doesnt have anyone she is currently dating as it seems like from [R38] Nothing is worse then being a lesbian spinster.

Also does anyone know if George Stephanopoulos is gay?

by Anonymousreply 4108/29/2011

I can't say I "hate" Roberts but the OP is correct, her seemingly self- adoring facade has become insufferable.

That and how she fucking orgasms all over herself when she's interviewing any female black entertainer or person in the news. Yes, we get it. You're a proud black woman. You're a breast cancer survivor.. you're from Pass Cristien, MS. Okay, great. Now, let's move on now.

by Anonymousreply 4208/29/2011

What does Anderson have to do with anything when Robin has her own personal closeted fagela right next to her doing the weather? I'm glad they added Lara Spencer full time. I like her.

by Anonymousreply 4308/29/2011

Who is and has she dated?

by Anonymousreply 4508/29/2011

I don't hate her because she's a closeted lesbian. I hate her because she's ugly.

by Anonymousreply 4608/29/2011

R45, you're asking "Who is she dated?" Please, proofread, and if the error's still not apparent to you, please, stop posting here until you've undertaken the remedial writing education you so desperately need.

by Anonymousreply 4708/29/2011

Robin is very attractive and can date whoever she wants. We don't know who because she wants to hold on to her job and not become the story. She probably very secretive like Sue Simmons and all of the others.

by Anonymousreply 4808/29/2011

[quote]"we CAN hold EVERYONE to the same standards" [quote][R13] you can't. Homophobia is still a big deal in the black community. It's a lot easier for a white gay or lesbian to be accepted than it is a black.

And why would Roberts be limited to the "black community" in looking for acceptance?

by Anonymousreply 5008/29/2011

Totally agree R38. I was just saying that a couple of days ago. Every morning it's like reading News of the World.

by Anonymousreply 5108/29/2011

Hate to derail a thread but what about big,tall Josh Elliot? He is single with a toddler daughter and is vacationing-presumably alone-in Greece this week.%0D %0D I want to sample that big lugs hole!%0D %0D %0D Any info,WABC Insider?

by Anonymousreply 5208/29/2011

I really like RObin Roberts what do you care if she is gay or not... Don't you have anything better to do than say nasty things about her... Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 5306/11/2012

Holy shit, R53. You bumped a year-old thread to say that? Especially when there's a current thread discussing her illness?

by Anonymousreply 5406/11/2012

All the years she was in Atlanta she was seen regularly coming out of The Sports Page lesbo bar. It's not like she's fooling anyone.

by Anonymousreply 5506/11/2012

Anyone who does not like Robin, who is upset that she is not coming out, or whatever else is up your butt, should think twice about how great you are. Who really cares if she is gay or not? Who even really cares if she tells the world or not? How pathetic you are to even judge her......have you taken a look at yourself lately? Probably not because I am sure you wouldn't like what you see!

by Anonymousreply 5606/11/2012

OK, whoever bumped this just to be a cunt should be slapped.

Yes, we get it, you think she should be out. We got it in all of the responses that you put on her illness thread over and over and over AND OVER.

Quit beating that dead horse. We got you, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 5706/11/2012

News flash to R56, bad health does not mean we all have to pay homage to an overpaid newsreader.

So are we expected to believe that you NEVER post cunty or judgemental comments on Datalounge? Once and for all, stop being a hypocrite R56.

That being said, I am sorry the woman is ill once again, while I agree she can come across as smug, she also seems to be nice enough on camera.

by Anonymousreply 5806/11/2012

She's a deceitful BITCH. She still stayed in the closet after Obama gave her the biggest scoop of her career.

by Anonymousreply 5906/11/2012

Robin Roberts is a bitch but not as big a bitch as Doris Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 6006/11/2012

And Robin and Doris might be bitches, but at least unlike Julia, they aren't CUNTS.

by Anonymousreply 6106/11/2012

Robin doesn't owe anyone anything. She's living her life. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 6206/11/2012

No I do not agree. Her personal life is none of yours or anyone elses business.

by Anonymousreply 6306/11/2012

Good thing you remained anonymous, because you sound like an awful, hateful person. You are a LARGE part of what is wrong with the world today...HATRED, not gays or lesbians. God loves all his children, even the most heinous.

by Anonymousreply 6406/11/2012

What did Doris Roberts do?

by Anonymousreply 6506/11/2012

I agree. She needs to go. Where did she come from anyway?

by Anonymousreply 6606/11/2012

Hey R60 at least Doris Roberts enjoys and loves cock. And Fiona Lovett Moder is a cunt...that loves big paychecks, i heard she won't wash her vagina and go to work for anything less than $10 million.

R67 that was funny. and Yeah Sam Champion is a pussy. I am an out proud gay man and support LGBT visibilty, we must not hide and fear the majority, not anymore its 2012 damn it!

I used to have sympathy and compassion but closet cases in the public eye- don't get a free pass on my book. We are fighting for Equality, the religious freaks and republicans hate us. All we ask is that Anderson, Tom, Robin, Sam, etc come out.

You want your cake, then get in the kitchen and help out!

by Anonymousreply 6806/12/2012

Well fuck your mama with the LA Raiders. She's sick ass

by Anonymousreply 6906/12/2012

I love Robin whether she is gay or not. She is a good person. If I could I would give her my bone marrow. Love you Robin. Rockingham,NC

by Anonymousreply 7006/12/2012

Exactly R59. Plus she constantly covers for other gay celebs past (like Whitney) and present (like Travolta), like it's still 1971.

by Anonymousreply 7106/12/2012

shes hot, not forgetting to mention "blazin hot" how can you not like a georgeous sophisticated,smart women.

by Anonymousreply 7206/12/2012

I love Robin Roberts. As long as Robin not sleeping with you, she doesn't have to come out to you or anyone else. Stop the Hate.

by Anonymousreply 7306/15/2012

by Anonymousreply 7406/15/2012

I suppose SHE wants my job too!

by Anonymousreply 7506/15/2012

Everything I've heard from people who have worked with her is that she's quite terrific.

by Anonymousreply 7606/15/2012

If you can not stand Robin Roberts, you are probably an angry type of person. She is so gracious and nice. If you honestly can't stand her, you have to really not like your own self. Furthermore, I read that she is NOT a lesbian. She comes through as a beautiful spirit that is from above. I think she is a beautiful soul. I don't care what nationality she is either, she is a great interviewer, communicator and an A+ personality to go along with it. :)

by Anonymousreply 7707/27/2012

R77 = Robin Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 7807/27/2012

Op is an rastist beatch

by Anonymousreply 7907/27/2012

I have found closet-cases to be the most smug kind of people.

by Anonymousreply 8007/27/2012

[quote]Homophobia is still a big deal in the black community.

Uh oh.

Don't try posting this on the "DC Gay Bashing" thread.

by Anonymousreply 8107/27/2012

leave the lesbian sister alone she had to deal with her pussy hair falling out its not fair!!!

by Anonymousreply 8207/27/2012

I've heard she does still have sex with men, but says that women complete her emotionally. So if she's only sexually pleased by men but can't fall in love with them, it doesn't sound like she needs to come out at all, because she's still actively heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 8307/27/2012

I met her in person, she's a very nice lady.

by Anonymousreply 8407/27/2012

You're all garbage AND hypocrites. Why does the fact that they/SHE have some celebrity status have anything to do with them/HER coming out of the closet? Absolutely nothing from where I sit.

It's NO different from the every man or every woman on the street who chooses not to come out until their 50! It's their own struggle to deal with and you never know how it's affecting them internally or emotionally so stop being haters.

Good for you if you were proudly licking vadge at 14, but that was YOUR journey... this is hers. This is what's wrong with America... well, that & bathsalts!!

Let people live how they want to live. As long as their not hurting others, it's fine by me.

by Anonymousreply 8508/21/2012

The problem with America, R85 is the homophobes, such as yourself, who defend the closet. You think you're pro-gay if you defend those that hide? You're hurting the gay community more than you realize. You might as well vote against gay marriage this November.

by Anonymousreply 8608/21/2012

She's really off having a sex change, right? When she comes back she will be Robert Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 8708/21/2012

Wow, such hatred of a woman just because she is a closet lesbian and I might add a woman of color. Really??? I cannot stand all of the cowards who portaray themselves as women who had the audacity to post on a blog annoymously! What a bunch of no educated women with not a whole heck of a lot to say. As usual. A bunch of chatter, hiding behind their computers. Oh, but miss "I CAN"T STAND Robin Roberts is the biggest coward of them all. Stay behind your computer. You are just JEALOUS of Robin, who is a really nice person. I have met her at a few basketball games a few times and she is not stuck up at all. Not ever, she may have just been tired of the SHI* you and so many others were shoveling and decided to walk away from all of the smell. You have the AUDACITY to hide behind your computer and make such ugly comments about anyone. I'll bet you are ugly, overweight and on welfare, do not have a job, watch morning shows, and drive a truck? Who cares that this woman is smart, educated, kind, and a highly paid anchor on Good Morning America?

I think in George's case that he and his wife Alexandra are very happy; I do not believe that either one of them are gay, but so what is they or one of them were. What is wrong with you bigoted angry, mean, and hostile women who talk so badly about a woman you know nothing about except . . . that from the gossip you have heard, Robin is gay? So very typical of all of you ignorant, uneducated, women who have nothing more in common except to sprew hatred on a post about a successful, non-republican anchor. Are you kidding me? Really? I am not surprised by any of you. I meet you each and every day going in to work each day. Jealously envy, and you don't know me personally at all thank you Jesus!Why shouldn't I and anyone else struck our stuff as we walk past you on our way to a good job that we have worked very hard to get? I paid my dues, went to college, and deserve to be wherever God has placed me. I am not studying anything you say or have even tried to say. I love Robin because she is real. She is not stuck up, she just is tired of the hard cold stares she continued to receive from people who do not know her from the next person. She is successful, what of it?

She doesn't need a man to make or break or even align herself with. Sometimes, we think enough about ourself to not have to be associated with some man just to be like everyone else. That does not make any successful woman, Beyonce, Jennifer A, Angelina J., Halle B., me, or anyone else a lesbian. Stop waisting our time with lies.

by Anonymousreply 8808/21/2012

Wait, is George gay?

by Anonymousreply 8908/21/2012

Did it again, wasted time reading so much crap! Who cares who comes out and what color anyone is! These are good people that are being trashed! Shame on you!

by Anonymousreply 9008/27/2012

If she decides to come out or not that is not anyone else decision but hers, it also does not say she us not proud. We spend way to much energy trying to run someone else life, go get one.

by Anonymousreply 9109/03/2012

you people need lives. damn. why in the hell do you care who is screwing who? in the closet, out the closet. do you really want to know? the operative word in "personal life" is personal.

you people are lonely. and you need a lover, a partner, a spouse or a masturbation devices to keep you busy. get a damn life.

by Anonymousreply 9209/08/2012

Robin recently said she "took a dear friend" to Venice because "she" had never been there. Typical closet case who will NEVER come out. So tired of hearing about her illness and her mom's death. She is NOT the only sick woman in the world. But she is one of the very very very few with a Cadillac health plan provided by her employer which covers ALL her healthcare expenses. Her pity party is completely unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 9309/08/2012

Robin Roberts is a role model for many people. She has only positive things to say to everyone. Who cares about her personal sex life and whatever it may be. I just pray that she is healthy and comes back to GMA.

by Anonymousreply 9409/08/2012

Wow, R93--cold and heartless much?

by Anonymousreply 9509/08/2012

She needs to come out! She parades her illness with the world, but God forbid that she reveals that she is a lesbian!

It's not like she has to perform lesbian sex in front of a studio audience. She shows herself getting chemo in front of the camera, but not a word about being lesbian.

So sick of her.

by Anonymousreply 9609/08/2012

You guys are rude

by Anonymousreply 9709/21/2012

You're the idiot who dug up a dying thread so we could make fun of the only-sick-woman in America again, R97.

So THANKS!!!!! I'll try to help you keep it going.

by Anonymousreply 9809/21/2012

I can't stand her. "Did you pray"? Die bitch

by Anonymousreply 9909/21/2012

Without makeup, I think she looks like Aresenio Hall!

GMA ratings will go even higher if she comes out!

I also read that Liz CHO of ABC local is dating Josh Elliot!

by Anonymousreply 10109/22/2012

I thought Liz Cho was married. Did she divorce?

by Anonymousreply 10209/22/2012

[quote]GMA ratings will go even higher if she comes out!

come out? I think she is about to go in...the ground.

by Anonymousreply 10309/22/2012

The NY Post said that Liz CHO has separated from her husband. She has recently moved out of her Yonkers mansion into an apartment on W. 90th Street. She has an 8 year old kid.

Josh Elliot has been seen at her apartment late at night and leaving early in the morning. Supposedly, a car came to pick him up for work at GMA on some mornings.

Liz claims that they are just friends and Josh seems to be seeing other women at the same time. He claims that he is not dating anyone in particular.

by Anonymousreply 10409/22/2012

Who is her girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 10509/22/2012

Fuck that bitch

by Anonymousreply 10602/22/2013

[quote]ABC is using her illness to tug at the viewers sympathy and compassion which in turn has increased the ratings for GMA and allowed it to get an edge up on NBC's Today show.

When Robin's mother was dying, ABC didn't let her return home to say good-bye until the very last minute. They wanted her on the set, earning her pay.

by Anonymousreply 10702/22/2013

Robin Roberts is truly loved by all!

She almost died. Her audience has waited 6 months for her return.

by Anonymousreply 10802/22/2013

More grief porn for mommies and lonely housewives everywhere!

by Anonymousreply 10905/22/2013

Robin and Josh have sex occasionally. Their body language is very intimate on the air...I think they're both professionals having a little fun.

by Anonymousreply 11005/22/2013

I have spent most my life tuning into gma-except for the last few years of the Jane Pauley Today Show years. But if there existed better alternatives than Matt or Gayle, I would change networks. Gma has sunk so low trying to win the ratings war it seems like after the first half-hour they have absolutely no news. It is a constant interviewing of a star with a new movie coming out, pop news with that horrible Lara Spencer, deals of the day, or a couple of songs by somebody I have no interest in hearing. I think Robin is pretty good at what she does, even tho she does seem to get too self-involved with the stories sometimes. I will admit that I am a little pissed at her for not coming out-the strides we have made in the last couple of decades are due in large part to our coming out to our families, colleagues, neighbors, etc. it would be so good if millions of Americans who invite er in to their homes every morning knew that she is one of us. It's 2013-hell,it's not like she's gonna be fired-hell, Sam talks about his marriage sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 11105/22/2013

Liz Cho is so gorgeous and genuine on air. Heard she converted to Judaism for the husband-orthodox no less. Robin is a turn off and that morning show which is better than Today, is just another frau driven gossip show. They are all too perky and syrupy. And George is still a midget who betrayed his former boss by writing that book while Clinton was still in office. And I think he is a closet case cause he dated Bebe Neuwirth.

by Anonymousreply 11205/22/2013

I can't stand Robin Roberts, either, she's the reason I don't watch GMA, not because she's black, but because she is smug, and annoying. People on these morning shows are all insipid drones, not journalists, but she's the worst

by Anonymousreply 11311/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 11411/01/2013

The FUCK is wrong with you people? How is Robin "smug"? She seems very genuine and nice. I love her. I swear some of you DL Queens are just so pathetic and embarrassing to gays. I don't put myself with you types-you're the subhuman gays with vicious, horrible personalities.

by Anonymousreply 11511/01/2013

I am so sick of Robin Roberts. I find it repulsive that she uses her illness and cancer as personal promotion and ultimately raking in huge sums of money. Get over yourself Robin, a lot of people are dealing with cancer everyday that are stronger and more beautiful doing it than you.

by Anonymousreply 11612/17/2013

I don't like Robin Roberts either. Me! Me! Me! She finds a way to make every story about her somehow. I quit watching because of her.

by Anonymousreply 11712/17/2013

Without makeup, I think she looks like Aresenio Hall!

Except Arsenio is more fem than Robin

by Anonymousreply 11812/17/2013

RRR - R Racist Robin Roberts - RACIST

by Anonymousreply 12004/14/2014

[quote]How is Robin "smug"? She seems very genuine and nice.

R115, "smug" is code for black and successful. Robin has the nerve to be both.

by Anonymousreply 12104/14/2014

The show is so giddy and overly happy now. They make Kathie Lee look shy.

by Anonymousreply 12304/22/2014

Why are you posting here on a lesbian, gay and bisexual website, R122?

by Anonymousreply 12404/22/2014

F&F r122

by Anonymousreply 12504/22/2014

would it be racism if we paid lara spencer $14 million and Robin Roberts $3 million?

by Anonymousreply 12604/29/2014

She is getting on my nerves. The constant Miss Sunshine on steroids all the time about everything is getting ridiculous. The act is getting stale.

by Anonymousreply 12704/29/2014

Robin Roberts is the most beloved person on television.

by Anonymousreply 12804/29/2014

I really want to know about the partners of the celebrities that were or still are in the closet. What kind of mindfuck must that be -- to be hidden from the world. Roberts has been with the same woman for ten years. That's a looong time for her partner to be hiding. There has to be some psychological issue that arises from these types of arrangements.

by Anonymousreply 12904/29/2014

OP, I loathe her with the heat of a 1000 suns.

by Anonymousreply 13004/29/2014

Can't stand her either

by Anonymousreply 13104/29/2014

R130, Gurl!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 13204/29/2014

I love her. So glad she's recovered.

by Anonymousreply 13304/29/2014

""smug" is code for black and successful. Robin has the nerve to be both."

Now hold on a minute - IMO, just about every criticism here ABSOLUTELY applies to that smug bitch Kelly Ripa.

by Anonymousreply 13404/30/2014

There is likely SOME racism, sexism or other bigotry behind some of the criticism of her, but to be honest, there are legitimate reasons people dislike her, and not Anderson - Anderson came out in the prime of his career, without any incentive to do so. Robin, OTOH, did it during a time when her career is likely not going to go on for much longer, for whatever reason.

I try to be fair and to hedge my own criticism with an acknowledgment that I am making it from a position of entitlement, but just saying.

by Anonymousreply 13504/30/2014

I detest her vehemently.

by Anonymousreply 13604/30/2014

what R127 said.

by Anonymousreply 13704/30/2014

Does the Robin hate suprise anyone? DL loathes black women. Whether its Serena, Beyonce, Michelle Obama, Halle, Dionne, Oprah and Gabourey Sidibe. Datalounge has nothing good to say about black women including the postive ones like Robin Roberts. Watch when the French Open starts you going to see all the negative Serena williams threads pop up. Even sweet harmless Lupita isn't good enough and you want her to go away. When will the Tamron Hall hate begin?

by Anonymousreply 13804/30/2014

[quote]DL loathes black women. Whether its Serena, Beyonce, Michelle Obama, Halle, Dionne, Oprah and Gabourey Sidibe.

Why are you here if you see nothing but hate? Do you enjoy wallowing in what you claim is a place where every person hates black women?

by Anonymousreply 13904/30/2014

[quote] However, I'll take Robin inserting herself into a story over Ann "I can't EVER let someone finish a fucking sentence without interrupting their ass" Curry. Any day, any way.

by Anonymousreply 14004/30/2014

[quote] Why are you here if you see nothing but hate? Do you enjoy wallowing in what you claim is a place where every person hates black women?

C'mon, Mary. It's not like it isn't rooted in fact.

The frau hate is rampant here, and minority fraus are even more reviled.

by Anonymousreply 14104/30/2014

Nobody claimed it wasn't rooted in fact, R141.

by Anonymousreply 14204/30/2014

R139, I am not R138 but I will answer. Because I refuse to allow bigots to win.

by Anonymousreply 14304/30/2014

Did Robin come out? If she did, I missed it (and I don't want to read all four pages; sorry).

by Anonymousreply 14404/30/2014

This will probably come across as sour grapes, but here's my annoyance with many celeb cancer survivors and some every day people, usually with means: Many come across as possessing practically supernatural abilities, manifesting their amazing recoveries and remissions. They talk about taking the bull by the horns and all but brag. There are the memoirs, interviews (promoting their survival story books,) even reality shows. Many sound as if they survived/conquered their illness by their very own innate magnificent shear will. (Sheer?) Sure, attitude and changing to a healthier lifestyle are necessary. Let's not forget cutting edge, best of medical intervention, something of which many do not have access. Employers are fully behind them with time off and support. Exploring alternative therapies are advised and available. Many have superior support personal systems. What about those that go above and beyond in normal life, but don't make it? It's like they have failed in some way. I've even wondered how many (celebs) blow up a potential serious situation far beyond the actual for publicity. It's starting to sound as if one "does it right," they'll survive...make that, Conquer It. Cancer appears to be a new cool trend for the famous.

by Anonymousreply 14504/30/2014

R145, I think it was GMA's decision to exploit Robin's illness for ratings.

by Anonymousreply 14604/30/2014

Agree, 146, from 145. More of what I tried to describe, addressing this "trend" beyond Robin. I guess I would be all glowing after having my very life back. I'm glad for survivors, but it's too In My Face and feel those that lost and lose the fight are cast aside for their heroics.

by Anonymousreply 14704/30/2014

Yes she did R144. That must have been a huge rock you've been hiding under.

by Anonymousreply 14804/30/2014

I've always thought Robin came across as smug. When she talks to people, she tilts her head back and looks down on them. To me that always make someone look smug. She might not actually have a smug attitude, it could just be her body language.

by Anonymousreply 14904/30/2014

She possesses what I call a "fake persona" along with that other gay guy, David Muir.

by Anonymousreply 15004/30/2014

I don't care if she's gay or not and I appreciate all she's gone through. I'm just sick of seeing her everywhere! She is smug and so incredibly self-important. Please .. Enough - Too much - get her away!

by Anonymousreply 15208/06/2014

Why is she on yet *another* vacation? She was just off for the first 2 weeks of July, with sporadic apparent 'long weekends' off (missing thursday and fridays), and now she has been off another week. This woman takes more vacations that our President. She has literally taken off work an average of 1 week per month all year so far.

And ABC pays her millions for this? So that she can take off every 2 weeks on yet another vacation? Phooey!

by Anonymousreply 15309/01/2014

I can't stand her. The only ubiquitous celebrity more annoying than her is Jennifer Hudson. Go away ladies! Please!

by Anonymousreply 15409/01/2014

I wish they would put AMY in the drivers seat.

by Anonymousreply 15504/17/2015

R155 = Andrew Shue

by Anonymousreply 15604/17/2015

I agree. I can't stand her because she is smug and obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 15704/17/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!