Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Nancy Reagan Scandals

Did it come out that she was having affairs during her husband's time in office or something? Wasn't there a big scandalous book or something? Wasn't there something about Frank Sinatra?

by Anonymousreply 6210/03/2013

r3 = Dick Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 408/26/2011

Kitty Kelly wrote a bio about her. IIRC, there were whispers about Sinatra. The most scandalous accusations were made by Peter Lawford who drove to Arizona with another actor (can't recall who) and she she gave them blowjobs as they drove.%0D %0D She was thought to be such an untalented actress that she bonked a studio head (Mayer, I think) for jobs. The cleaning crew regularly found condoms in the wastepaper baskets after her visits to his office

by Anonymousreply 608/26/2011

How perceptive of R5 considering that 95% of the posters here are Dems.

by Anonymousreply 708/26/2011

[quote]Leave them alone; she was the wife of a great man; She was a bigamist? Finally some real gossip!

by Anonymousreply 808/26/2011

Flip flops

by Anonymousreply 908/26/2011

I didn't love some of her husband's politics - no matter how effective he may have been in other areas, his ignorance of the AIDS crisis was, is and forever remains unforgivable.

But I have some respect for her. She reminds me a lot of the women I knew as I was growing up.....and how they would stand behind (not by) their man.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was the Sluttiest Slut in all of Slutdom before her and "Ronnie" were married. But that *would* be a substantial surprise if she was cheating on him. They seemed almost childlike in their devotion to each other.....

by Anonymousreply 1008/26/2011

[quote]she was the wife of a great man; that's all that needs to be known. Yes! It needs to be known! So tell us, who was she married to before Ronnie?

by Anonymousreply 1108/26/2011

I read it the same R9. I thought who wants to see those old lady feet.

by Anonymousreply 1208/26/2011

best blowjob in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 1308/26/2011

I read that someone in the 40s said "wish I had a nickel for every Jew she's been under," referring to men who ran the studios.

by Anonymousreply 1508/26/2011

She really didn't care about the drug epidemic in the country. The "Just Say No" campaign was nothing but PR to improve her image because she was seen as an idle rich Marie Antionette figure by the American public and her popularity in the early 80s was pretty low. Despite revisionist history by Republicans, Nancy was disliked by the public at large. The White House press office cooked up the Just Say No thing to give her something to do and make her look like she gave a shit about something other than herself, which of course she didn't.

by Anonymousreply 1608/26/2011

"The cleaning crew regularly found condoms in the wastepaper baskets after her visits to his office"%0D %0D LOL. You blew your bullshit story with that comment, idiot r6.

by Anonymousreply 1708/26/2011

Kitty Kelly claims: That Nancy and Sinatra began having an affair when her husband was Governor of California and "continued for years." As First Lady, Kelley writes, Nancy entertained Sinatra at the White House, which he entered "in the back way," for three-or four-hour "private 'luncheons' " in the family quarters. When Nancy was with him, Kelley quotes a staffer as saying, "She was not to be disturbed. For anything. And that included a call from the President himself." %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1908/27/2011

Kitty Kelly claims: That Nancy and Sinatra began having an affair when her husband was Governor of California and "continued for years." As First Lady, Kelley writes, Nancy entertained Sinatra at the White House, which he entered "in the back way," for three-or four-hour "private 'luncheons' " in the family quarters. When Nancy was with him, Kelley quotes a staffer as saying, "She was not to be disturbed. For anything. And that included a call from the President himself." %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2008/27/2011

R1, what part of "gossip" on a gossip site don't you get?

by Anonymousreply 2108/27/2011

Bullshit. Well, it IS Kitty Kelley...

Does anyone really believe that the White House operator would ever say "I'm sorry Mr. President, but I cannot put your call through at this time..."

by Anonymousreply 2208/27/2011

She did coke lines off of Gary Coleman's dick while Conrad Bain foot-fucked her.

by Anonymousreply 2308/27/2011

That whole occult thing where she dictated Ronnie's foreign policy over a Ouija board with her mesmerist was a highlight.

by Anonymousreply 2408/28/2011

People who have that "Childlike devotion" are often faking it.

by Anonymousreply 2508/28/2011

Just F&F the filthy cunt at R1/R5 and let the webmistress keep nailing her. This infection will go away eventually.

She was a brittle, spiteful, controlling, mean-spirited woman who held onto that man like a tick and fed off him in the same manner.

But the worst thing about her was that the bitch couldn't act. It's obvious she sucked her way through Hollywood because with that ugly mug and wooden manner, she couldn't deliver a line reading convincingly if her life depended on it.

by Anonymousreply 2608/28/2011

R23, I ADORE YOU. I love you. I lurve you.%0D %0D As for R1. You know, like most sane DLers, I know you are a stupid cunt and, most likely, a troll. After reading this comment, it's become crystal clear you are a troll. And, well, congrats. Will you get the fuck out of here already?

by Anonymousreply 2708/28/2011

"She was a brittle, spiteful, controlling, mean-spirited woman who held onto that man like a tick and fed off him in the same manner."

Wow, Ron, Jr.!! Do you also kiss your mother with that mouth?

by Anonymousreply 2808/28/2011

R6 the other actor was Robert Walker. Supposedly Kitty Kelley claimed Both Nancy and Ronald Regan took pot in the 60's at the Bloomingdale's dinner party. That is proven to be accurate. However, Kitty Kelley's claim that Frank Sinatra and Nancy had affair is just ridiculous because Frank Sinatra used to say Nancy's ankles were fat. Frank didn't like Nancy and she didn't like him that much so the feeling was mutual. R22 your right about that story being BS.

A side note, Kitty Kelley's biography on Frank Sinatra is thee most accurate, well researched biography she ever wrote. Her facts about Frank Sinatra are spot on, but her other biographies were done in a reckless and sloppy way.

Nancy Got pregnant to reel Ronald into leaving his wife at the time, which was Jane Wyman, and marrying her. Well, Nancy's plan worked.

One time there was someone from the White House staff that was interviewed on C-span. The subject was children of the various presidents. She said, Patti and Ron were the most awful and nasty children she and others in the White House staff have ever dealt with in their years working there. But, Michael and Maureen were very, very nice to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 2908/28/2011

There, of course, was the scandal when produce growers pushed back at Nancy's claim that 'ketchup is a vegetable', ridiculously denying that tomatoes, vinegar and high-fructose corn syrup are a good salad substitute.

by Anonymousreply 3008/28/2011

I think Ron Jr. is kind of nuts. He wrote a book about his father ,and he was interviewed about the book. The spew of hatred he expressed for his father is just bizzar. He said he wished his father was in a prison and this and he wished this and that horrible thing would have happened to his father. After making that comment, Ron Jr. smiled like he was a kid in Christmas. Good grief! his father is dead. Who the hell says things like that about their father? I can see if the guy was an ex-con or psychopath ,but wow! Ron Jr. needs to check into a mental ward because he truly sounded deranged in that interview. I think that family is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 3108/28/2011

"He said he wished his father was in a prison "

That's because he deserved to be.

by Anonymousreply 3208/28/2011

This is R31. My sentence got screwed up. Sorry everyone but I meant to say:

he said he wished his father was in prison and wished this and that horrible thing would have happened to his father.

Instead of this sentence:

He said he wished his father was in a prison and this and he wished this and that horrible thing would have happened to his father

by Anonymousreply 3308/28/2011

Reagan was a criminal and a puppet of an evil rightwing cabal. Your failure to grasp that cannot be corrected grammatically.

by Anonymousreply 3408/28/2011

R34, we are talking about his son who acts holier than thou in reality he is vicious person to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 3508/28/2011

"[R34], we are talking about his son who acts holier than thou in reality he is vicious person to everyone."

That's my boy!! But please be kind to Jr.; he IS trained as a ballerina.

by Anonymousreply 3608/28/2011

No, idiot, we're moving beyond your incoherent rant to the reason WHY he attacked his father posthumously.

by Anonymousreply 3708/28/2011

Another bit from the Kitty Kelly biography: Nancy was a big re-gifter and rarely spent any of the couple's own money on presents. This story, IIRC, was told by a White House staffer. Nancy had a closetful of items the couple had received from friends or acquaintances (not official state gifts). Staff were instructed to rewrap them, keep track of who gave them, track items for re-gifting to someone who hadn't given it.%0D %0D Michael Reagan reportedly said that his son accidentally left a teddy bear behind at the White House after a visit. The very same teddy bear was presented to him for a birthday or Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 3808/28/2011

LOL R23 and R30!!

by Anonymousreply 3908/28/2011

R31, Ron Jr never said anything like that in print or in an interview. His book on his father is an intereting look at a son trying to reconcile his love for his father with his distress over his policies and also his emotional unavailability. %0D %0D Ronald Reagan is an icon of conservative Repubs. He was not a great man, history will establish that fact in time, and his wife was not a great woman. She was devoted to him, give you that much. Doubt once she married him that she had any significant affairs.%0D %0D The Kitty Kelly book is a hoot, laugh out loud funny if you open almost any page. Nancy Reagan was her husband's heavy- she was the "no man" and protector. Not a classy woman at all either. Her use of designer perks was totally low rent. Her kiss up kick down behavior was well below the bar of a first lady. She was shrewd and street smart, but not intelligent. Small woman in every way, if not tough as nails.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4008/28/2011

[quote]Both Nancy and Ronald Regan took pot in the 60's at the Bloomingdale's dinner party.

How does one take pot? I've smoked it & eaten it in brownies, but I never "took" it. Sounds like a kinky party.

by Anonymousreply 4108/28/2011

She was known as the blowjob queen of Hollywood. Rumor was that she kept a dildo beside her bed to practice on.

by Anonymousreply 4208/29/2011

Damn, she almost sucked my dick off of my body. Good, good times.

by Anonymousreply 4308/29/2011

R41 THEY SMOKED POT!!!

by Anonymousreply 4408/30/2011

"Does anyone really believe that the White House operator would ever say "I'm sorry Mr. President, but I cannot put your call through at this time...""%0D %0D Sounds pretty plausible to me - Regan was so pussy-whipped by this harridan...

by Anonymousreply 4508/30/2011

Why r17? Condom use has been reported as far back as the 15th century.

by Anonymousreply 4609/01/2011

I think a more interesting thread would be "Nancy Reagan Sandals."

by Anonymousreply 4709/01/2011

I can't believe that tight-ass bitch EVER had a dick in her mouth. And it is not as if she had some stellar career to show for her alleged skill at fellatio. I think Peter Lawford, not the most reliable source in the best of times, was just having fun at her expense.

by Anonymousreply 4809/01/2011

%0D The one thing I will hand Nancy Reagan is she stood by John McCain's first wife. The one he dumped when he returned from POW in Vietnam. She'd had a horrible car accident while he was gone. She had severe physical damage to overcome. Which she pretty much did. But she lost several inches in height and was not as attractive. But she remained loyal to him the whole time he was gone.%0D %0D But he dumped her. Had an affair with the millionaire heiress from Phoenix. Got engaged to her before even telling his wife he wanted a divorce. Apparently, she had no idea. %0D %0D The Reagan's were friends of the couple - but stood with the wife. Nancy Reagan never spoke to McCain again unless she absolutely had to. And the Reagans gave her a job in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 4909/01/2011

by Anonymousreply 5009/02/2011

R29, you are wrong about Jane Wyman. She dumped Ronnie and Nancy got him on the rebound, turning him into a rightwing conservative.

But I agree with you on her cheating on her husband. No way that happened. She thought the sun rose and set with him. She didn't have any desire to cheat. Her marriage got her off her knees and got her a lot more respect than she would have had otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 5109/02/2011

What's this I hear about Nancy Reagan's sandals? I know she spent a lot of money on clothes and then there was all that about getting new White House china, but isn't it all stuff that doesn't matter anymore?

by Anonymousreply 5209/02/2011

%0D Kitty Kelly claimed she cheated with Frank Sinatra - while in the White House.%0D %0D While First Lady,she used to have lunch with George Will often enough out in Clifton, Virginia. She claimed she came for the crab cakes. They were good. A restaurant called Heart in Hand.

by Anonymousreply 5309/02/2011

R1 was one of the few Nancy turned down for a bj.

by Anonymousreply 5411/16/2011

Wow....slurping rest stop cum makes you queens really nasty.

by Anonymousreply 5511/16/2011

What r49 said -- if it hadn't been for his family and other powerful friends, McCain would have been stuck living on a garbage boat on blocks in Martinez because RR hated his guts.

I'm surprised that, when RR was President, he didn't make more of McCain's treason while a POW.

by Anonymousreply 5611/16/2011

Nancy herself is not known to slap her underlings, but she has made excuses for those who do. When Sondra Gotlieb, wife of the Canadian ambassador, publicly slapped her social secretary in 1986, Nancy said something to the effect of how "staff can be to exasperating sometimes.'

She also tried to ban the Beach Boys from the 4th of July celebration on the Mall, on the premise that Rock is un-American.

Add to that the fact that she loyally partnered with a man who repeatedly apologized for Fascism (Bitburg, Spain, Chile), and who funded death squads in Central and South America in contradiction of U.S. law, using proceeds from the illegal sale of arms to terrorist governments in Iran.

There are plenty of reasons to despise Nancy Reagan. I don't really care who she blew.

by Anonymousreply 5710/03/2013

Nancy's dad, Loyal Davis, was the Army physician assigned to MacArthur and his staff, which including Clare Booth Luce's boyfriend and MacArthur's G2, General Charles Willoughby.

From another website:

"Two days after the assassination of John F. Kennedy a long-distance telephone operator in Mexico City monitored an international phone call. She heard one of the voices saying: "The Castro plan is being carried out. Bobby is next." The telephone numbers were traced. One number belonged to Emilio Nunez Portuondo, the Latin American Affairs editor of Willoughby's Foreign Intelligence Digest."

Another MacArthur staff member, Colonel William Gale Potter, was arrested by the FBI in 1960 for plotting to assassinated the then Senator Kennedy from Massachusetts running for president.

Funny how no one mentions the Army as a suspect in the JFK assassination.

Nancy's background is full of very bad people, as we all know at DL. Jackie Onassis claimed that Clare Booth Luce was a lesbian. Any info on this? Republican women are just as closeted as their men!

by Anonymousreply 5810/03/2013

SHE SMOKED THE POT!

by Anonymousreply 5910/03/2013

[quote]She also tried to ban the Beach Boys from the 4th of July celebration on the Mall, on the premise that Rock is un-American.

Um. No. James Watt, then Secretary of the Interior banned rock music and the Beach Boys at the celebration. I recall the Reagans went on to say that their kids always listened to the Beach Boys back home.

[quote]From 1980 through 1982, The Beach Boys and The Grass Roots separately performed Independence Day concerts on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., attracting large crowds.[14][15] However, during April 1983, Watt, while serving as Secretary of the Interior, banned Independence Day concerts on the Mall by such groups. Watt said that "rock bands" that had performed on the Mall on Independence Day during 1981 and 1982 had encouraged drug use and alcoholism and had attracted "the wrong element", who would rob people and families attending any similar events in the future.[15] Watt then announced that Las Vegas singer Wayne Newton, a friend and endorser of President Reagan and a contributor to Republican Party political campaigns, would perform at the Mall's 1983 Independence Day celebration.[15][16] During the ensuing controversy, Rob Grill, main singer of The Grass Roots, stated that he felt "highly insulted" by Watt's remarks, which he termed "nothing but un-American".[15]

The Beach Boys stated that the Soviet Union, which had invited them to perform in Leningrad during 1978, "obviously... did not feel that the group attracted the wrong element".[15] Vice President George H. W. Bush said of The Beach Boys, "They're my friends and I like their music".[15] Watt apologized to The Beach Boys after learning that President Reagan and First Lady Nancy Reagan were fans of the group.[17] Nancy Reagan apologized for Watt.[18] White House staff presented Watt with a plaster foot with a hole in it, symbolizing his having "shot himself in the foot" with his decision.[19]

by Anonymousreply 6010/03/2013

Reflecting back, the Raygun years were a pivotal point in the culture of the USA. it took a sharp turn south.

by Anonymousreply 6110/03/2013

From the "What subjects are DLers most ignorant about?" thread, it was noted the astonishing ignorance of the general US population on the most basic subjects.

This has been repeated elsewhere on DL, but bears repeating: Before Reagan took over as governor of California, the state had the best public educational system and one the highest standards of living in the country. It had plenty of cash for internal needs. Even the mentally ill has hospitals to care for them. After the Republican Devolution, the mentally ill were dumped into the streets, education budgets were throttled down, real estate prices and rent went skyhigh to that infernal tax proposition the cut the throat of the public at large.

And who was the woman behind the great man who did it all?

by Anonymousreply 6210/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.