Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why no Brenda Dickson reality show?

If ever there was anyone MADE for reality TV, it's Brenda Dickson. Why hasn't this happened?

by Anonymousreply 6212/17/2013

It's because I'm half-Oowish! But I won't give up my fashion yummykahs. Come and get me, vice squad!

by Anonymousreply 108/24/2011

They tried, but the camera lenses kept cracking.

by Anonymousreply 208/24/2011

I've watched the 'Welcome To My Home' video and all the parodies, and read about her messy divorce. She seems like a good-hearted gal, and I think she got taken advantage of. But she is incredibly self-obsessed, has zero taste, a brazen name-dropper, not very articulate, and a typically bad soap actress. The clips from The Young and Restless are as funny as the parody videos.

by Anonymousreply 308/24/2011

About 15 years too late.

by Anonymousreply 408/24/2011

Her t.v. son (Thom Bierdz) is becoming more and more like her.

by Anonymousreply 508/24/2011

Just today I was wondering what Brenda is up to these days. Now I know she is posting here...%0D %0D Stay by your phone dear. I'm sure Marc Burnette will call any second..

by Anonymousreply 608/24/2011

[quote]The remarkable Marc Chery honored, Creator and Producer of Desperate Housewives. Please write Marc at ABC for a possible part. We talked about me.

by Anonymousreply 708/24/2011

It's so sad if this is the true extent of her resume...

by Anonymousreply 808/24/2011

Maybe she could get a port in the internet version of OLTL or AMC?

by Anonymousreply 908/24/2011

R7. That "we talked about me" caption is one of my favorite things on the Internet.

I think poor Brenda is mentally I'll. And not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 1008/24/2011

Tupperware has never had a spokesmodel and despite her similarity to the plastic product, the company never bough the idea.

by Anonymousreply 1108/24/2011

Brenda posted on the Awful Plastic Surgery site, in response to an award they gave her, that she has never had ANY plastic surgery, typing with a talon tight from the unintended consequences of a recent brow lift.

I typed a follow up comment (as Brenda) lamenting all the Jews in the industry, how the pansies in make-up get pissy when you bring a litre of Cutty Sark into their trailer in the morning, and how fucking Marc Cherry misconstrued that my mercantile arrangement with Arab businessmen was in lieu of being a nighttime network star.

Someone claiming to be a writer in television posted a response telling Brenda that she would never work in television again with her nasty attitude towards Jews and gays.

Within hours, the real Brenda had gone full Cheryl, demanding that the webmaster remove the entire thread, providing her address and cell phone number.

by Anonymousreply 1208/24/2011

It would be tough to wrangle her in a reality format. She has no sense of humor about herself and wouldn't go for a lot of the set-ups.

by Anonymousreply 1308/24/2011

She also still thinks she is a star.

When asked a year ago about appearing in a small role, instead of being grateful, she immediately made demands about craft services and requiring a "honey wagon."

by Anonymousreply 1408/24/2011

She couldn't carry a show (Brenda who?) but would make an awesome supporting character.

by Anonymousreply 1508/24/2011

We're almost ready for a re-launch of 'Fernwood Tonight'. It would steal the 'Twin Peaks' twisted verite vibe without needing the plot.

It would also require actors who are attractive, if you squint, who can deliver inappropriate emotion.

As far as B. Dickson, she'd be perfect, but she needs an abusive manager who believes in cattle prod therapy.

by Anonymousreply 1608/24/2011

BD was quite the MILF bad in the day...now she's an irrelevancy quite honestly. The Bells might not the best people in the world but their show still goes on and Brenda is still whining about everything. BD should go into the what ever happened to Andrea Evans(Tina Lord) category? she's another one that disappeared as well from soaps save for other unimportant soap stints she did. I also have a bitchy/queeny story to tell about that one......

by Anonymousreply 1708/24/2011

r17%0D %0D spill, get your story off your chest, you'll feel better

by Anonymousreply 1808/24/2011

She looks like Pam in 'True Blood' when her face started rotting.

by Anonymousreply 1908/24/2011

Brenda is a soap icon. She pretty much was responsible for Y&R's surge to #1 in the 80s. And Bill Bell rewarded her by firing her. Jess Walton is a better actress, but she lacks Brenda's charisma.

by Anonymousreply 2008/24/2011

The bit about her making the show a success is a Brenda fatasy, which you have bought into.

She was fired for being an unreliable pain in the ass with a crazy attitude.

by Anonymousreply 2108/24/2011

Y&R did not hit number 1 until 1988 - a year after Brenda's firing. Trust me, she was not the Susan Lucci of CBS Daytime.

by Anonymousreply 2208/24/2011

WHO?

by Anonymousreply 2308/24/2011

She's jewish you idiot

by Anonymousreply 2408/24/2011

Spill the Andrea Evans dirt please!

by Anonymousreply 2508/24/2011

She's finally flipped the lid:

by Anonymousreply 2611/01/2012

She's self-publishing a book. 400 pages of rants and bragging, all written on scotch and without the desperately needed assistance of an editor -- or anyone who finished the 11th grade.

by Anonymousreply 2711/01/2012

Sounds like she has BPD.

by Anonymousreply 2812/02/2012

I'm dying to read all about her passionate affair with Richard Thomas. You just know those two generated some HEAT together! *giggle*

by Anonymousreply 2912/02/2012

Brenda's back on the Hollywood red carpet. I don't think the people interviewing her were even born when Brenda had her last acting gig:

by Anonymousreply 3004/03/2013

"Anne Hathaway did fantastic in Les Miserables!" "DIDN'T HE?! Now which part did YOU girls want to play in Les Miserables?!"

by Anonymousreply 3104/03/2013

I'm a saucy boozehound.

by Anonymousreply 3204/03/2013

Because she has a scorching case of crazy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3304/03/2013

She is positively insane.

by Anonymousreply 3404/03/2013

She is ABSOLUTELY insane.

I remember reading an article on Awful Plastic Surgery about her and under the comments, Brenda had posted a looooooooong post that read like the rants of a drunk.

Full of misspellings and faux-legalese, she threatened the webmaster, claiming she had NEVER had any plastic surgery and that it cost $450,000 to use ANY picture of her on the Internet.

She then posted her CELL PHONE NUMBER [!] and demanded that he call her before she had the FBI take him to jail.

She is, needless to say, not a well woman.

by Anonymousreply 3504/03/2013

She does look good in that dress at the link.

by Anonymousreply 3604/03/2013

Kudos to OP for using "Brenda Dickson" and "reality" in the same sentence. It's the closest BD has been to reality in decades.

by Anonymousreply 3704/03/2013

What's tragic is that you KNOW she still has ALL of those awful, dated, tacky soap opera costumes in her closet still, and probably wears them from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 3804/03/2013

"The Bold & the Beautiful" should get her on as a replacement for Sally Spectra. If only she hadn't trashed Bill Bell in her book. I genuinely believe Brenda is suited to the soap medium. Whatever 'reality television' exists today is not HER reality.

by Anonymousreply 3904/04/2013

Wouldn't she make a perfect addition to one of those 'Real Housewives' shows?

I've never seen them and don't watch trash TV but from what I've seen, she'd be great for one.

by Anonymousreply 4004/04/2013

The original "Welcome to my Home" is back on youtube!

by Anonymousreply 4104/04/2013

Parody

by Anonymousreply 4204/04/2013

The original cast:

by Anonymousreply 4304/04/2013

I just read her book.

She is absolutely INSANE.

She talks about how the "Welcome to My Home" video made people care about fashion again, led to people caring about what is worn on the red carpet, invented shows like Fashion Police -- and created the concept of "reality TV."

She talks about how 50,000,000 fans watched her divorce on TV.

And that everyone is jealous and intimidated by "by great beauty and award-winning talent."

She has written to Google "thousands of times" to get them to stop having a picture she doesn't like pop up when people search her name.

She thinks Deven Green (whom see only refers to, repeatedly, as "a so-called comedian") has worked tirelessly to sabotage her career (at the behest of Sony, Inc.) by posting ALL the negative comments about her on the Internet!

Not a well woman.

by Anonymousreply 4404/30/2013

Writing about herself in the third person:

"She created a hit, runaway internet film she wrote, produced and directed called, "Welcome to my Home" that was put on by a fan. The film quickly garnered 3 million viewers. Sony Pictures (The Bells) took it down in a false copyright claim. Dickson produced the film into a DVD. This reality film paved the way for all of the recent reality series. It was taken over by a woman who decided to lip-sync over it, in an illegal, fraudulent copyright infringement. This so-called comedian attached onto the goldmine of the film that Dickson produced. It is believed that she has been hired to do these expensive lip-syncs over Dickson's material to discredit her. The film was way ahead of its time about fashion, diet and exercise and how to apply makeup properly. Dickson brought people into her home to spend the day with her. She showed her cat and dog and did a fashion show of over the top, couture gowns from the 80s. The industry took note of this film and suddenly a reality show was born. The Kardashians brought you into their home. Other shows did the same. High fashion became a Red Carpet must, and all of the industry was changed. Blue jeans and tee shirts were suddenly replaced by top designers."

by Anonymousreply 4504/30/2013

Brenda's entertaining but she's loonier than Carrie Fisher, Margot Kidder and Courtney Love fighting over the last Wellbutrin on earth.

Bitch CRAZY.

by Anonymousreply 4604/30/2013

I read her book, and as much affection as I have for her, 90% of it is the ravings of a paranoid lunatic.

I feel sorry for her in many ways. I think she was likely mistreated by the courts in both her divorces, but she's just so full-on crazy, that she's not capable of putting her case together in a coherent way. I can't imagine what kind of client she was for her lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 4704/30/2013

One theme that comes through loud and clear:

She was just a big ole whore. Slept with nasty old men to get roles, cars, handbags and houses.

by Anonymousreply 4804/30/2013

I just read the free pages on Amazon. Wow. In so many ways. Just wow.

by Anonymousreply 4904/30/2013

I doubt they could get any footage past the lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 5004/30/2013

The whole things reads like she took a few belts of scotch, grabbed the microphone from an old Dictaphone machine and keep yapping until she passed out.

by Anonymousreply 5104/30/2013

What year exactly is "welcome to my home" from....?

It's so timeless & elegant

by Anonymousreply 5204/30/2013

I think "Welcome to My Home" was made in 1987.

by Anonymousreply 5305/01/2013

I just found out that Brenda is a Freeper!

In a comment on YouTube she posted about how she's going to sue Huffington Post for writing that she's homeless I clicked on her YouTube channel.

She has ONE subscriber.

And he LIKED on video: FoxNews talking about Benghazi.

by Anonymousreply 5405/04/2013

Brenda issues a public statement about the death of her former costar Jeanne Cooper and, of course, uses it as a gimmick to push her stupid book:

[quote]I AM DEEPLY SADDENED AT JEAN COOPER'S PASSING. MY CONDOLENCES TO HER FAMILY. IRONICALLY MY NEW *BOOK COMING OUT THIS MONTH COVERS HOW JEAN WAS TREATED ON THE Y&R SET. WHICH I FELT WAS SOMETIMES CRUEL. BRENDA DICKSON

Keep it classy, Brenda!

by Anonymousreply 5505/09/2013

Brenda Dickson doesn't need a reality show.

by Anonymousreply 5605/09/2013

[quote]Brenda Dickson doesn't need a reality show.

Brenda Dickson doesn't need reality.

by Anonymousreply 5705/09/2013

Fresh meat from our gal...

by Anonymousreply 5805/17/2013

[quote] I AM DEEPLY SADDENED AT JEAN COOPER'S PASSING. MY CONDOLENCES TO HER FAMILY. IRONICALLY MY NEW *BOOK COMING OUT THIS MONTH COVERS HOW JEAN WAS TREATED ON THE Y&R SET. WHICH I FELT WAS SOMETIMES CRUEL. BRENDA DICKSON

So saddened, I couldn't even spell that old bitch's name correctly!

by Anonymousreply 5905/21/2013

Poor Brendad. Wrote a book she thought would be a blockbuster (and turned into a major motion picture) and the press yawned and wrote about other things.

by Anonymousreply 6006/09/2013

[quote]The film was way ahead of its time about fashion, diet and exercise and how to apply makeup properly.

In some regards, it actually was. Brenda talked about avoiding sugar because it ages you. While Advanced Glycation End products (AGEs) are known about nowadays, there were not known in 1985, when she made the [italic] Welcome To My Home[/italic] video.

by Anonymousreply 6112/17/2013

r58

Any highlights? 28 minutes is a bit much to wade through.

by Anonymousreply 6212/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.