Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

George Michael: "It''s Time To Be Honest" \\n

George Michael reveals that he split from longtime partner Kenny Goss more than two years ago due at least partly to Goss%E2%80%99s struggle with alcohol addiction, according to Access Hollywood.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 6311/27/2012

And then there's George Michael's addiction to public sex...

by Anonymousreply 108/22/2011

Isn't that literally like his Pot calling the kettle black?

by Anonymousreply 208/22/2011

Footage of it linked below. He seems devastated about the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 308/22/2011

She couldn't stand by her man like he stood by her?

What a jackass. Keep hitting the tea rooms, Georgie Girl.

by Anonymousreply 408/22/2011

George didn't use any substances like his bf, so that's different.

by Anonymousreply 508/22/2011

Ummm...didn't they keep catching George driving stoned?

by Anonymousreply 608/22/2011

That explains the art collection.

by Anonymousreply 708/22/2011

Yeah, he's the one who chain-smoked joints like they were Marlboro Lights and crashed his car into a one-hour-photo place, so he has no room to talk.

by Anonymousreply 808/22/2011

It's sad how gay couples are devalued. Sadder when it's other gays doing the devaluing. Divide and conquer.

I wish people here had a little more compassion, esp. for other gays.

by Anonymousreply 908/22/2011

Well, I have compassion for Goss. He was driven to drink alcohol by the public antics of his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 1008/22/2011

I was with an alcoholic boyfriend for two and a half years. It was a nightmare. If you've ever been in a relationship with a drunk, you know how awful it can be.

by Anonymousreply 1108/22/2011

I love and admire GM and hope he finds happiness someday; such a beautiful and gifted person.

by Anonymousreply 1208/22/2011

[quote]Goss's struggle with alcohol addiction%0D %0D It's no surprise when you consider what George M. put him through with all those arrests.

by Anonymousreply 1308/22/2011

Just this past Friday, the Dallas Morning News printed a profile with Kenny Goss. It was entitled "Kenny Goss Stands by His Man". Turns out they have been broken up for 2.5 years. How in the world Goss pretended to still be with George Michael for the newspaper article?? What a miserable piece of shit...

by Anonymousreply 1408/22/2011

r14, you should assume that any entertainment 'news' is fake. It's an industry that is designed to protect brands. That's all.

There's nothing truthful about it. Any resemblance to truth is purely coincidental.

Keep that in mind before casting stones at Goss for being a 'miserable piece of shit'.

by Anonymousreply 1508/22/2011

I love it when pot-heads call out drunkards. It just makes me giggle.

by Anonymousreply 1608/22/2011

R14 here. I guess I am just too honest to give an interview to a newspaper about how I am sticking with my relationship knowing that the relationship ended 2.5 years earlier. I is called LYING. Why not just refuse to give an interview?

by Anonymousreply 1708/22/2011

[quote]Isn't that literally like his Pot calling the kettle black?

Oh dear...

by Anonymousreply 1808/22/2011

[quote]How in the world Goss pretended to still be with George Michael for the newspaper article?? %0D %0D Well, who would want to talk to him for any reason other than his relationship to George Michael? The entrity of his fame rests with him being GM's partner.

by Anonymousreply 1908/22/2011

r14, that interview is old. DMN was running a reprint.

by Anonymousreply 2008/23/2011

Was the reprint from an interview 2 1/2 years ago? I seriously doubt it. Maybe Kenny was drunk when he spoke with the DMN and forgot he had been dumped. When you party too hard for George Michael, that is quite an acomplishment.

by Anonymousreply 2108/23/2011

Can't he just go away already?

by Anonymousreply 2208/23/2011

Who dumped whom and why?

by Anonymousreply 2308/23/2011

Is there anything worse than an addict? Yes, an addict spouting off recovery-babble.

by Anonymousreply 2408/23/2011

Who dumped whom and why?%0D %0D Hmmmm....lets think about it. One is a mega wealthy pop star, and the other is an old overweight boytoy that has not had a job in about 20 years. Who do you think got dumped? %0D %0D (And rearranging your boyfriend's artwork is not a job)

by Anonymousreply 2508/23/2011

Many couples are undone by addiction/alcolholism. My first partner and I were. He had a life long problem- and I developed one at the end of our relationship. Both of us are sober now. I did not have a clue how to handle his problem until Alanon, but then stopped getting help for myself and descended into the hole with the despair of our problems. I blame neither him nor myself- he is one of my best friends now. Blame is so silly when this happens- does not a wit to make things better or help anyone. You'll see, if you don't already know this. Substance abuse is one of life's great problems and often tragedies.

by Anonymousreply 2608/23/2011

Love the enablers here that are saying Kenny drank because George drove him to it. What garbage! Is he a child incapable of directing his own life? Of course not. He's an adult with the free will to drink or not drink and leave or stay in a toxic relationship if he chooses.

by Anonymousreply 2708/23/2011

I would rather date a pot head than a boozehound!

Alkies go on rages they verbally abuse and it just takes one big blue bottle of vodka to get them pissy steaming drunk enough to call you the worse names on earth.

Stoners can be lethargic with carb face.

But boozehounds are horrible I will never date one again, still getting over having a drunk bf we were together for a year and a half, I dumped him last summer still getting over the abuse. No I'm not dating till I clear my head.

by Anonymousreply 2808/23/2011

Please - they're a couple of co-dependent Marys.

by Anonymousreply 2908/23/2011

Hmm. Maybe Kenny's boozing was making George addictive.

by Anonymousreply 3008/23/2011

They may both have their issues, but Kenny was the one who came off as more stable and level-headed. I'd be interested to hear his side of the story. George has been speaking for him in public for too long.

by Anonymousreply 3108/23/2011

Read between the lines, gentle readers: Kenny got Older and Fatter.

Pop stars do not want to be reminded that they are aging.

Little Yorgi must have a new, younger man waiting in the wings to go public with this.

Watch for him to be introduced in the coming weeks.

by Anonymousreply 3208/23/2011

George Michael's a douche, can't stand him, hate his femmy singing voice and crappy songs.

by Anonymousreply 3308/23/2011

r32, he's never dated younger men. All of his longterm relationships have been with older men. Goss is 4 or 5 years older than he is.

by Anonymousreply 3408/23/2011

Wait and see, r34.

by Anonymousreply 3508/23/2011

[quote]Kenny was the one who came off as more stable and level-headed.%0D %0D That's true.

by Anonymousreply 3608/23/2011

I thought George Michael's preference was to have sex in the bushes with grungy 65 year old strangers.

by Anonymousreply 3708/23/2011

GM is a mess, I've lost a lot of respect for him over the years. What a waste of talent.

by Anonymousreply 3808/23/2011

I always thought George started shagging Bernard Manning look-alike-ees in the bushes on Hamstead Heath and flashing his old chap in public bogs because Kenny advocated an 'open relationship'? I mean wasn't it Kenny who couldn't keep his willy in his shorts? George just wanted to be loved.

I feel sad for George; his antics clearly demonstrate a huge amount of self loathing - I wish him well in finding a meaningful relationship with someone worthy of his sensitivity, generosity and depth of feeling. He deserves it after all the shit he's put himself through.

.... if only that Andrew Ridgley...... LOL :P

God bless. x.

by Anonymousreply 3908/23/2011

one of George's Hamstead Heath conquests. That Kenny stayed with him after he fucked this speaks volumes to Kenny's character.

by Anonymousreply 4008/23/2011

Kenny will probably have to sell his multi-million $$$ Dallas home that George bought him. I wonder what else he got from George when the relationship ended?

Dallas society will shun Kenny now that he's no longer George's bf.

by Anonymousreply 4108/23/2011

I thought Kenny came from money.

by Anonymousreply 4208/23/2011

[quote]Dallas society will shun Kenny now that he's no longer George's bf.

"Dallas society" = "jumbo shrimp."

by Anonymousreply 4308/23/2011

... thought he came in George's face....

x

(sorry couldn't resist!)

by Anonymousreply 4408/23/2011

GM is a mess. Elton has tried for years to get him help, but to no avail. I don't think they even speak to each other anymore, and they were very close mates at one point. Michael has so many issues, it isn't even funny. %0D %0D Kenny lives over in the States. George lived with him for part of the year. There used to be a poster here that lived in the same town and said George would do the house up nice for Halloween and make a big splash for the kids in the neighborhood. By all accounts they appeared to be a normal, loving couple. George seems to get into trouble when he's in England left to his own devices.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4508/23/2011

[quote]I thought Kenny came from money.

No, he came from a very poor family. His father was an alcoholic and the kids pretty much raised themselves.

by Anonymousreply 4608/23/2011

LMAO, the alcoholic slut who's also into drugs dumped his partner...for being an alcoholic?!

by Anonymousreply 4708/23/2011

[quote]GM is a mess. Elton has tried for years to get him help, but to no avail. I don't think they even speak to each other anymore, and they were very close mates at one point. %0D %0D They've made it up. George sang with him at Elton's White Tie and Tiara ball this year.

by Anonymousreply 4808/23/2011

So what was the point in keeping up a facade regarding their relationship? I think it makes them both look dishonest now that the truth has come out.

by Anonymousreply 4908/24/2011

[quote]Dallas society

Snort.

Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 5008/24/2011

He's pulling himself together slowly after 10 months of addiction counseling, and he does indeed look much healthier than he did a year ago. %0D %0D He's touring again and getting excellent reviews. Linked is a performance from two nights ago at the Prague Opera House. Quite moving.

by Anonymousreply 5108/24/2011

You don't announce that your longterm relationship has been over for two years unless you have someone waiting in the wings to introduce to the world.

by Anonymousreply 5208/24/2011

George says the new album is “going very well”.

“I’d say this album lies somewhere between Faith and Older in terms of content and it’s probably the most radio-friendly album I’ve made in a long, long time. It’s pretty upbeat and I’m sure that my fans will like it, although I’ll be waiting for them to let me know which tracks they think will be the potential classics. I haven’t settled on a title yet, so watch this space. I think it’ll be out early next year.”

by Anonymousreply 5311/19/2012

Do you like his new song 'White Light'?

I do.

by Anonymousreply 5411/25/2012

Oh, who cares about this excuse-making, not very intelligent person.

by Anonymousreply 5511/25/2012

R55!!!!!!!!!! Stop it! He has composed nice music and has written nice lyrics too. You don't expect from a singer to be Einstein, he has been good at his work, that's all that matters...what are you bitching about?

by Anonymousreply 5611/25/2012

Some pop stars are smart. Not him.

by Anonymousreply 5711/25/2012

[quote]He seems devastated about the whole thing.

[quote]He's pulling himself together slowly after 10 months of addiction counseling

He's talented and I wish the best for him, but one thing I have no patience for is his sad fucking stories.

Has there ever been a time when he wasn't devastated by one thing or another? Not pulling himself together slowly after some tragedy?

Yes, he's known misfortune, but when every fucking thing is a tragedy, it's not long before nothing is a tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 5811/25/2012

Why gays in DL seem to dislike him?

by Anonymousreply 5911/25/2012

[quote]Has there ever been a time when he wasn't devastated by one thing or another? Not pulling himself together slowly after some tragedy?

Maybe he's a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 6011/25/2012

Who cares Michael hasn't had a hit in 20 years and even then he only had one real hit solo lp.

And Faith was a copy of Billy Joel's Keeping the Faith.

by Anonymousreply 6111/26/2012

I love George. I was just thinking. I saw this cute commercial for the Divas show that will be on and Adam Lambert did the commercial. He was hilarious and the point has been made. Why don't they do a divas type show featuring Adam, George Michael and a couple of others we could name? The mediocre bunch of women they cobbled together for the latest special really sucks.

by Anonymousreply 6211/26/2012

You're American, R61. Let me remind you that the US is not the world. George's career has remained strong for 30 years in Europe.

As an example, over the course of 2002-2012 he's charted 8 singles in the UK top 20.

Anyone know what he's up to now? He recently canceled an Australian tour, citing anxiety as the reason and hasn't been heard from since.

by Anonymousreply 6311/27/2012
Need more help? Click Here.