Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why do people dislike Gwyneth Paltrow?

I admit it: I wouldn't mind her life. Married to a rock star, huge career, tons of money, attractive, famous parents, jet-set lifestyle, etc.

by Anonymousreply 17003/30/2014

I love how Gwyneth hatred on DL (much of it deserved) has cast Blythe as a saint by comparison. Blythe and her late husband always struck me as insanely self-involved, self-important people. Gwyneth just seems like a logical extension of their show-biz, upper-crust narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 208/19/2011

Gwynnie, get back to goop.

by Anonymousreply 408/19/2011

I don't dislike her. If she does a good job in a film I'm viewing, that's all that counts.

by Anonymousreply 508/19/2011

As they say "Born on third base and thinks she hit a triple."

by Anonymousreply 608/19/2011

I think it has to do with the fact that she's very condescending, judgmental and pretentious. GOOP was a very bad move on her part.

by Anonymousreply 708/19/2011

I've only seen a few of her movies and she's an ok actress, but she comes off very pretentious off-screen.

by Anonymousreply 808/19/2011

I'm Country Strong, y'all!

by Anonymousreply 908/19/2011

Gwyneth Paltrow is humorless, annoying cunt.%0D %0D There is nothing to like about her.

by Anonymousreply 1008/19/2011

I loved her in "sliding Doors"

by Anonymousreply 1108/19/2011

I liked her in Sliding Doors also, I think she's a great actress and for some reason I can't see Chris Martin being with someone who acted above everyone else. I think ppl are jealous of her lifestyle. let it go haters

by Anonymousreply 1208/19/2011

[quote]also, I think she's a great actress

And Rebecca Black is a great singer.

by Anonymousreply 1308/19/2011

I think she has real potential. Give her 20 years, 2 divorces, one fucked-up child, and a substance abuse problem, and she'll be a DataLounge icon.

by Anonymousreply 1408/19/2011

I'd love to hear more about Blythe Danner. I remember she was originally cast in the Holland Taylor role in Two and a Half Men, but fired after the pilot for supposedly trying to give the creator too many notes and generally being a pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 1508/19/2011

Blythe is self-aware and Gwyneth lives in a fantasy world. That's the difference between them.

by Anonymousreply 1608/19/2011

Gwyneth is a humorless, pretentious twat OP. I liked her in Emma though.

by Anonymousreply 1808/19/2011

%0D Well, she makes a point of lording her superiority over everyone, which is at least mildly irritating. It doesn't help that there is certainly a lot to be jealous of: she has incredible looks, fame, and money.%0D %0D It's silly to extend dislike of an actor / actress to their work, but maybe it's just too hard to make that distinction in certain cases. She is definitely a good actress. The Oscar was ridiculous, but she's done enough excellent work for there to be any question that she has talent.%0D %0D In many ways goopgirl reminds me of Kathy Lee Gifford, who never shut up about how perfect her life was (as well as all of her choices, from where to live, to what to eat, to how to raise your children, and on and on...). Unfortunately for her, that meant many, many people enjoyed watching the bubble of her perfect life get burst in spectacular fashion.%0D

by Anonymousreply 1908/19/2011

R19,,,,she just recently spoke out that her marriage wasn't perfect, Kathy Lee Gifford is in never never land. At least G puts it on the table

by Anonymousreply 2008/19/2011

I think she's a great actor.

by Anonymousreply 2108/19/2011

plain jane!

by Anonymousreply 2208/19/2011

Blythe Danner was the original Caroline Ingalls on Little House on the Prairie, but was replaced at the last minute by Karen Grassle.

by Anonymousreply 2308/19/2011

Why do people hate Gwyneth so much? Let's ask Gwyneth herself! All quotes guaranteed 100% from the lips of Gwyneth herself! "Any time you do anything with any degree of sincerity, people make fun of you. That's totally fine. I don't care. I don't read any of it. My thing with Goop has always been, if you don't like it, then don't log onto it. There were a couple of times when I thought, 'I'm just gonna stop doing it. People are so mean to me. I don't want to do it.' But then I was like, 'Who cares what some lame person out there says?' I was in Italy once, and this old man came up to me and said, 'I had the best time in Nashville because of Goop.' And that is so worth it to me."

by Anonymousreply 2408/19/2011

"Beauty fades! I just turned 29, so I probably don't have that many good years left in me."

by Anonymousreply 2508/19/2011

On life in the UK: "We have great dinner parties at which everyone sits around talking about politics, history, art and literature---all this peppered with really funny jokes. But back in America, I was at a party and a girl looked at me and said, 'Oh, my God! Are those Juicy jeans that you're wearing?' and I thought, I can't stay here. I have to get back to Europe."

by Anonymousreply 2608/19/2011

More from Gwyneth's own lips!

"I am who I am. I can't pretend to be somebody who makes $25,000 a year."

by Anonymousreply 2708/19/2011

""I'm really fucking good at my job, and people who are interesting and good know that. That's all that matters." "I would rather die than let my kid eat Cup-A-Soup." "I'm very happy here [in London] and I really like the way the film industry works, everybody cares. I like that it doesn't have this big capitalistic feeling. When you do something in L.A. you really feel the crew are [sic] punching the clock."

by Anonymousreply 2808/19/2011

[quote]I was in Italy once, and this old man came up to me and said, 'I had the best time in Nashville because of Goop.' And that is so worth it to me.

I call bullshit on that one.

by Anonymousreply 2908/19/2011

[quote]"I would rather die than let my kid eat Cup-A-Soup."

A variation of that may be on my tombstone.

by Anonymousreply 3008/19/2011

she really was bff's with Madonna.

What does that tell you?

by Anonymousreply 3108/19/2011

Was R31. I don't like Gwynnie but Madonna can't keep friends. Bitch is psycho. I still haven't heard what happened between her and Rupert Everett.

by Anonymousreply 3208/19/2011

1. They are jealous of her fabulous lifestyle, much of which she owes to the circumstance of her birth.

2. She does not pretend to be one of the common people to endear herself to them, like many of her Hollywood brothers and sisters do.

3.She owns her upper-crust privilege, yet still has the funkiness to marry a rock star and hang with the likes of Jay-Z and Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 3308/19/2011

4. She's thin.

by Anonymousreply 3408/19/2011

R33, die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 3508/19/2011

[quote]yet still has the funkiness to marry a rock star and hang with the likes of Jay-Z and Beyonce.

This is a good thing? Jay-Z and Beyonce?

by Anonymousreply 3608/19/2011

Jay Z and Beywolf = the only black people GP knows and the ones she thinks of when she uses the "some of my best friends are black" excuse.

by Anonymousreply 3708/19/2011

I'd rather die than let myself be Gwyneth Paltrow.

by Anonymousreply 3808/19/2011

[quote]yet still has the funkiness to marry a rock star

Yes, there are few more deeply funky "rock stars" than Chris Martin of ColdPlay.

by Anonymousreply 3908/19/2011

Her fans are cunts. If you can't see why Gwyneth is infinitely hate worthy, you might want to start realizing that you're a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4008/19/2011

She's smug. Smug is annoying to many people.

by Anonymousreply 4108/19/2011

oops.. posted this in the wrong thread, I was supposed to post it here. You might hate her, but I bet her Spanish is better than yours.

by Anonymousreply 4208/19/2011

She's also very materialistic and obsessed with superficial things. And she's a true narcissist, talking about herself and her sensations and her desires and her achievements and what other people think of her obsessively to the press.

by Anonymousreply 4308/19/2011

I usually don't get the "hate" that exists for many female celebrities on DL and other gossip forums. It mostly seems to stem from pure cattiness and not anything valid. I love to read gossip as much as the next person, but I'm not catty.

Having said that, if all those quotes attributed to GP are real, then I get it.

by Anonymousreply 4408/19/2011

I lived in her building in NYC. When she first moved in, she asked if the gym could be closed to others when she was working out. The Condo Board laughed.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4508/19/2011

[quote]I lived in her building in NYC. When she first moved in, she asked if the gym could be closed to others when she was working out. The Condo Board laughed.

Why in a billion years would she ever imagine they would accede to her wishes? This is exactly why people hate her so much: because she somehow believes not only is she entitled to this but that other people would just do it because she is who she is.

by Anonymousreply 4608/20/2011

What building was it, R45.

by Anonymousreply 4708/20/2011

"she has incredible looks"

Did you forget your contacts or eyeglasses while gazing at photos of this woman?

She is far from incredible looking, she looks like an over-grown elf! She has a very bizarre nose and her dyed hair always looks stringy and fried.

by Anonymousreply 4808/20/2011

[quote]She has a very bizarre nose and her dyed hair always looks stringy and fried.

Her hair is awful. Get some body in that shit girl and lay off the flat iron.

by Anonymousreply 4908/20/2011

Dyed hair? She is not a natural blonde?

by Anonymousreply 5008/20/2011

She might be a natural blonde, but I doubt it's naturally that bright a shade.

by Anonymousreply 5108/20/2011

I saw a picture of her as a teenager, and she had red hair - a very pretty light strawberry blonde. %0D %0D I don't know if that's her natural hair color, maybe she started dying early.

by Anonymousreply 5208/20/2011

OP = Lonely Lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 5308/20/2011

People hate Gwynnie Goopster because she is, metaphorically speaking, the whiny bitch who raised her hand and said, "Dawn Davenport is eating a meatball sandwich RIGHT OUT IN CLASS." Telling others how much better your choices are is an expressway to hatred and ridicule. Also, she's got the acting range of a golden retriever. (Though I will say, I am a bit jealous that she has access to Chris Martin's cock.)

by Anonymousreply 5408/20/2011

Country Strong finally hit the cable channels. What a piece of crap.

by Anonymousreply 5508/20/2011

Actually i find Gwyneth likeable. She is totally crazy and i sense a cool closeted lesbian side in her which i appreciate...

by Anonymousreply 5601/28/2013

A lot of people like Gwyneth but dislike the OP.

by Anonymousreply 5701/28/2013

I grow tired of all the Gwyneth hate. It's a little predictable. Give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 5801/28/2013

I'm really ambivalent about 'Contagion'. Should i see or not?

I'm not a fan of Steven Soderbergh, actually i don't like most of his movies with the exception of 'Kafka' and 'Sex, Lies and Videotapes'

Please tell me! Is 'Contagion' a good movie or not?

by Anonymousreply 5902/07/2013

She is a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 6002/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 6102/07/2013

Haters are always gonna hate.

by Anonymousreply 6202/07/2013

I've never disliked Gwynnie.

by Anonymousreply 6302/07/2013

This interview with Jon Stewart made me hate her so much. Just FF to 4:50 if you can't handle her 5 whole minutes of bitchiness.

by Anonymousreply 6402/07/2013

I don't think lesbians are into her. It's mostly gay men who hate obsess over her.

by Anonymousreply 6502/07/2013

Imagine you're in high school like the people whose minds never left there and you'll understand why those same people hate her.

by Anonymousreply 6602/07/2013

This girl I work with is obsessed with Gwyneth. She has her own "lifestyle" blog with crappy hipstamatic prints of floral arrangements and closeups of her cats. She's shallow and backstabbing and imperious. Much like I imagine the real Goopy to be.

by Anonymousreply 6702/07/2013

I like that she is not going down the Katie Holmes, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Garner path and shoving her kids in front of the pap lenses for PR. I do believe she is a great mother.

She is a great actress but unfortunately she hasn't showed that lately. Paul Thomas Anderson cast her in his first movie, Hard Eight and she is amazing in that one. She was great in other movies too and I like her a lot as Pepper.

I think the people who love to hate her are being put off by her comments of always wanting the best for her kids and her upper class clientèle website.

After year of foul gossip her marriage seems to be going OK and she still refuses to exploit it for publicity. She is by far not the most awful celeb I can think of.

by Anonymousreply 6802/07/2013

Still a bitch

by Anonymousreply 6902/07/2013

I love you for using "imperious," R67. Such a perfect word to describe so many of these narcissistic, entitled little bitches we're all encountering now.

by Anonymousreply 7002/07/2013

"I do believe she is a great mother. "

Really? I'm inclined to think she'll parent like every other perfectionist narcissist in the world, constantly berating her kids for failing to be perfect enough to fit into her perfect lifestyle. Every low grade or zit those kids have will not only offend her sense of order, it'll hurt her brand!

And "self-entitled" is not a word (or phrase). Please use "self-important" or "entitled", those are part of the English language.

by Anonymousreply 7102/07/2013

R64 she doesn't seem like a bitch as much as just plain B O R I N G!

by Anonymousreply 7202/07/2013

R71 YOU sound like a perfectionist narcissist!

by Anonymousreply 7302/07/2013

I hear her marriage is a cesspool of betrayal.

by Anonymousreply 7402/07/2013

I actually like her. I find her lack of fake humility rather refreshing.

She's a good-looking woman who has had a successful career. She came from a successful family and she doesn't downplay that or pretend she made it on her own. She's married to a man who doesn't have to be her manager or waste her money on bad investments to have something to do. She seems to genuinely enjoy being a mother and wife, and she doesn't lie and pretend her life is perfect.

I always thought she was okay, but I really enjoyed her on the PBS show where she and Mario Batali toured Spain. She came across as a genuinely likable person, which is hard to fake on that kind of series.

by Anonymousreply 7502/07/2013

I gave R63 a W&W just for the Popular reference.

by Anonymousreply 7702/07/2013

She looks like a simpsons character

by Anonymousreply 7802/07/2013

I actually wish she'd act more. Can she not get work other than shit like Glee and Iron Man?

by Anonymousreply 7902/07/2013

I don't despise her but she represents the horrible trend for celebrities to "brand" themselves, instead of doing anything creative or risky. GP won an Oscar but seems content playing Pepper Potts in Iron Man. I understand it, but it makes me think Meryl Streep would never be successful today. She would have to get a nose job and would be a character actress on Mad Men, if she was lucky. Nepotism is deadly to creativity.

by Anonymousreply 8002/07/2013

I've never actually met a "Gwyneth Paltrow fan" in real life. I am skeptical to their existence. Actually, I don't think I've ever heard anyone utter the words "I like Gwyneth Paltrow."

by Anonymousreply 8102/07/2013

I think the flyover idiots just don't get her. Gwyneth (and Blythe) are divine

by Anonymousreply 8202/07/2013

I used to dislike her back in the late 90s after hearing that rumor that she "stole" the Shakespeare in Love script from Winona Ryder. And then I disliked her even more when she won that undeserved oscar. But I gotta admit she's kind of grown on me the last few years.

I wouldn't call myself a fan per se, but I would take Gwyneth any day over any of these reality show nitwits who make a spectacle of themselves for 15 minutes of fame. At least Gwyneth aspires to make good art and tries to be well-spoken and literate.

Plus it seems like the hatred for her has become really irrational these last few years. Anything that she does, whether it be putting out a cookbook or guest-starring on Glee has people saying "That bitch, what an asshole, blah, blah, blah." It just seems like people are jumping on the bandwagon of Gwynnie bashing because it's in rather than having a legitimate reason to dislike her.

by Anonymousreply 8302/07/2013

[quote]I think the flyover idiots just don't get her. Gwyneth (and Blythe) are divine

Born and bred West Coaster here. I 'get' her plenty - that's why I can't fucking stand her. There goes your theory.

Her racist comments about Mexican Spanish being 'kitchen Spanish' (as opposed to the 'pure' Spanish she speaks) propelled me from distaste to full-on loathing. Bitch can eat it. Cheat on her some more, Chris!

by Anonymousreply 8402/07/2013

From finding a perfect recipe to cleaning up Cameron Diaz, I enjoy making our planet a little brighter. You can't begin without being.

by Anonymousreply 8502/08/2013

Ted Casablanca coined that? Cold fish with skinny legs? The last picture I saw of Gwyneth she looked way too skinny, kind of unhealthy looking.

by Anonymousreply 8702/08/2013

Ted C finally met her and sat and talked to her and discovered he liked her. All that crap he said about her and he didn't know her.

by Anonymousreply 8802/08/2013

Isn't she Julian Fellows number one choice for an American version of Downton Abbey? She could play Lady Goop.

by Anonymousreply 8902/08/2013

I feel G's pain

by Anonymousreply 9002/08/2013

Gwyneth Paltrow On Possibility Of Daughter Apple Being A Lesbian

"I've been saving my clothes for her since before she was born," the actress told the magazine. "I was like, I'll bet you anything I'll have a daughter, and she'll be a really cool butch lesbian and be so above clothes, and I got a very clothes-obsessed child."

She went on to note, "So if she's a lesbian, she's a lipstick lesbian. She doesn't like anything avant-garde at all. She likes anything that's pretty, pretty, pretty or has a bow or a ruffle or is pink."

by Anonymousreply 9102/08/2013

Gwyneth Paltrow encourages children to learn about lesbian parents.

Gwyneth Paltrow, who is married to the Coldplay singer Chris Martin, talks to her seven-year-old daughter about homosexuality.

The American actress, 38, who has a daughter, Apple, aged seven, and a son, Moses, five, says: “When my daughter came home from school one day saying that a classmate had two mummies, my response was, 'Two mummies? How lucky is she?’“

Paltrow adds of homosexuality: “What does it actually say in the Bible that will cause some people to be upset by my line of thinking?"

The actress chose the name Apple because it’s “biblical – and I just thought it sounded so lovely and … clean

by Anonymousreply 9202/08/2013

and a bit crazy

by Anonymousreply 9302/08/2013

I think that most people hate her because she is rich and she talks about her lifestyle. Yes Goop is creepy but she doesn't try to impose her opinion to others, she just share her crazy point of view. Actually Goop is addressing to people who have an ambition and some However, i don't think that Paltrow has realized that and i also think that Gwyneth doesn't look down on people who don't have money, she just revels at talking about her pleasures. That's all!

Let's not hate her because she had the opportunity to grow up in a wealthy environment. Even these people face a lot of issues and difficulties. Not the issues and difficulties most of us deal with, but still she is not in an ivory tower. She is an actress. She is most of the time exposed. Let's be more tolerant with people who are so exposed. They offer us entertainment and the opportunity to think or to judge.

by Anonymousreply 9402/08/2013

Her movie career seems over, she has not been in anything important for a long time. She should never have won that oscar in 1997 but as well all know Weinstein got it for her.

It was amusing seeing her turn up in Glee, and singing with Cee-Lo at the grammys a year or two ago, is she trying to be a singer now ....

by Anonymousreply 9502/08/2013

Lol R95. Her voice is not bad by the way and i disagree with you, her career is not over. Why you say that? She was very good in the very good movie 'Two Lovers' and i also liked her presence in 'Country Strong'. I don't know if she is trying so hard to be a singer, but as it seems most people today want to sing, lol! At least she has not a bad voice like many others who followed singing as a profession!

by Anonymousreply 9602/08/2013

Her movie career isn't over, but her time as a movie star is. She's doing small films and supporting roles in big ones, and IMHO she's trying to be a lifestyle guru to keep from fading from the public eye. Without the GOOP nonsense, she'll soon be just another aging actress who plays society bitches.

And who the hell thinks she's a regular Jane who's not living in a bubble? The way she pushes insanely overpriced products, she reminds me of the sort of high school Mean Girl who tries to be "nice" to the poor girls by offering to take them along on a Nieman Marcus shopping trip.

by Anonymousreply 9702/08/2013

She does look like Mr Burns in drag!

by Anonymousreply 9802/08/2013

R68 the reason why she isn't papping out her kids is because they are average looking. Her daughter Apple was born with a birth defect.

A larger crossed eye so she can't pap her out.

The photos Gwyneth approves always hide the defect.

by Anonymousreply 9902/08/2013

Also, she stole the name Apple from the Peter Farrelly who directed her in Shallow Hal. The movie where she wore a fat suit. And then made fun of fat people during all the publicity.

by Anonymousreply 10002/08/2013

I actually enjoyed her bit on Glee. And then when I saw that horrible Kate Hudson woman on Glee I appreciated Gwyneth even more.

by Anonymousreply 10102/08/2013

Apple is a biblical name? That's a stretch. Eating the Apple in Genesis caused the downfall of man. She is too much.

People don't like her because she is always doing the most. Trying way too hard and looking foolish. Look at her niggas in Paris episode on twitter. She reeks of privilege and self-absorption. You never hear about her doing charity work unless it's a cool charity like Robinhood Foundation. She is also very basic looking and promotes skinny bodies and questonable diet practices. Not to mention the pricey gym she runs with Tracy Anderson who is another piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 10202/08/2013

They never mentioned that it was an apple in the bible. My awesome, progressive, Catholic school taught us this as an example that a lot of what people swore was in the bible is bullshit. They also had us play the telephone game with bible passages to show us that thro the many translations we weren't hearing "the word of God." They didn't molest me either but I still had myself excommunicated (didn't get a nice certificate suitable for framing tho)

by Anonymousreply 10302/08/2013

in the 90's I was a regular on - we called her 'bitchface' then. She's grown on me - somewhat - since then.

by Anonymousreply 10402/08/2013

It's just that she seems so adamant on vocalizing her obviously elitist yet laughably unsophisticated views of how people "should" live. She's a bored, rich woman (but not that rich that she still doesn't have to try to find work) living in New York City to a musician who probably finds her insufferably boring and narcissistic. I don't care what she thinks, she doesn't care what I think, but I'm not the one buying Constant Contact subscriptions and trying to get people to subscribe to my newsletters filled with my vacuous and banal observations and desperate pleas to buy clothing and household goods. I think she was cute in Iron Man though.

by Anonymousreply 10502/08/2013

CDAN keeps hinting that a celebrity marriage is over. People keep guessing that it is Gwyneth or Nicole. It's brutal for actresses now because of reality television and franchises. Everything is young and disposable. Even I am sick of Kristen Stewart and Jennifer Lawrence, and they are not even 25. Goopie is simply trying to stay relevant. It's sad and hard to be successful.

by Anonymousreply 10602/08/2013

I guess they hate her because she stinks too.....literally

by Anonymousreply 10705/23/2013

I went to my favourite bookstore recently and spend some 20 min browsing her recipes. I know the book was written with the help of a professional cook, but her cooking is pretty much what I do at home. So I don't know why people say she is malnourishing herself or her kids. I guess she never recovered from making derogatory comments about America. Combined with the fact that she speaks French and Spanish, and seems to have a more sophisticated knowledge about things non American, makes her the perfect target for the average US citizen.

by Anonymousreply 10805/24/2013

At the beginning, i thought that Gwyneth was a bitch who stole a role from Winona Ryder. I was very fond of Winona, i loved her movies. However, later i suspected that the truth is more complicated than i thought it was.

I don't think that Gwyneth has kleptomaniac tendencies. She just tried her luck with that role. Was that a theft? She is an actress after all. If Winona was really a friend, she wouldn't get pissed that Paltrow made an audition for that film. She would respect it. After all, at that time Winona was top, she was far more famous that Gwyneth. What was her problem? I came to realize that i misjudged Gwyneth.

She is just vocal, and that gives her trouble a lot of times, but she is not a bitch. People must not judge someone by their sweetness(Ok, Winona seems very sweet, fragile and she is a great actress). Don't judge Paltrow for her rich background and for silly Goop. It was not her fault that she had the luck to be a child of a wealthy family. Stop attacking her, ffs, just because she has these crazy ideas on her mind and she likes to share it with the world. She didn't harm anyone so far. Not really.

by Anonymousreply 10906/02/2013

R1 what Blythe Danner did to you and you call her a bitch?

If she was such an evil bitch, she would be more successful than she is now.

by Anonymousreply 11006/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 11106/02/2013

If only I could turn back time...

by Anonymousreply 11212/01/2013

I think Gwyneth can be very sweet, clever and warm. She is crazy, but she can be and she is all the above obviously.

by Anonymousreply 11312/09/2013

Why do people dislike Gwennie? Her grandma(Mutti) was a cunt, Blythe Danner was a cunt and Gwen's a cunt! Maybe Apple will take after her dad. Judging from that old expression the Apple doesn't fall from the tree....

by Anonymousreply 11412/09/2013

Let's see.

1.- Her looks are nothing to write home about and yet, she behaves like she has the secret to eternal beauty and we peasants don't get it, probably because we are not "nobility" (HA!) like she is. 2.- She is in the Julia Roberts category of awful actresses who somehow managed to get an Oscar (using daddy's contacts and equipped with knee pads and a mattress tied to their backs, I'm sure)

3.- She is an ignorant idiot who isn't really qualified to discuss anything in depth, but seems to think that being a celebrity makes her an intellectual comparable to Chomsky.

4.- Is one of the most unpleasant, condescending, nasty, rude, inexplicably arrogant and petty celebrities out there, and seems to think that the public owes her absolute adoration just because she is a rancid cunt... Oh sorry, I means to say "classy".

by Anonymousreply 11512/09/2013

As a young gay, I wanted to have Brad Pitt. I did not. Gwyneth did. Then I wanted to have Ben Affleck. I did not. Gwyneth did. Well you get my drift: Gwyneth got all the spring chickens in the poultry and I got none. We got none. Isn't that reason enough to hate her?

by Anonymousreply 11612/09/2013

Don't know why people blame Blythe. Paltrow has said that she was mostly close to her dad and that she had stern German nannies growing up. Yes Blythe was one of those lonely rich girls from Pensylvania(Mr. Danner is/was a bigwig banker)but she was mostly hands-off with her children. Typical.

Paltrow gets her entitled Jewish princess bollocks from her father. If I had to guess, Martin idolizes her like her Dad did which is why she married the inexperienced 25 yo(at the time).

by Anonymousreply 11712/09/2013

In R113's video Gwyneth is so humble and cute. She isn't stuck up at all.

by Anonymousreply 11812/09/2013

R6 said:As they say "Born on third base and thinks she hit a triple."

I like the sentiment darling but she was born on second and think she hit a grand slam.

by Anonymousreply 11912/09/2013

She's a douchebag, only a girl.

by Anonymousreply 12012/09/2013

People always hate people who are seemingly perfect. Most humans are envious bitter creatures, especially women, and ESPECIALLY gays. I'm a gay male and learned that humans love to tear people down for shallow reasons. I think women and gays are more prone to be victims so therefore more critical of the superficial things we qualify as perfection.

by Anonymousreply 12112/09/2013

I agree all the way with you R121.

by Anonymousreply 12212/09/2013

I find her annoying for stupid remarks about her doctor telling her to avoid deep water fish, her bragging about having the ass of a 20-year-old stripper and telling us how hard she works to get it and for every moronic, entitled, shopaholic thing she has written on Goop. If you're going to put yourself out there the way she does, you have to expect that some people will not like you.

If she would go away, I would like her fine.

by Anonymousreply 12312/09/2013

I think you just answered your own question. She has everything and hasn't had to struggle for any of it.

by Anonymousreply 12412/09/2013

There are plenty of people born into wealth and privilege who don't behave the way she does. We hate her because she is aggressively pretentious and narcissistic. Not because she is "perfect" (in what universe?).

by Anonymousreply 12512/09/2013

I wonder how many times a day she says "my brand."

by Anonymousreply 12612/09/2013

I find anyone who aspires to incite envy in others to be unlikable. It's not some deep mystery. It's an unlikable quality. Whatever her actual intentions, that's how she comes across.

by Anonymousreply 12712/09/2013

Agree [127]. anyone who behaves that way is fundamentally hateful. that sort of passive-aggression is always born of deep emptiness. people who have basic levels of self-esteem don't need to "feel superior" every moment of the day. YUCK!!

oh and the thing about her being a sleep-around is not slander. in her early interviews(90s) she often talked about sneaking out and meeting boys and being more interested in guys than her studies.

by Anonymousreply 12812/09/2013

[quote] that sort of passive-aggression is always born of deep emptiness

You sound like a jealous frau who watches "Iyanla, Fix My Life!"

by Anonymousreply 12912/09/2013

[129] good one! I'm not.

I have experienced this sort of behavior in my real life- it's the prep school version of "mean girl". She's never grown out of it, which also speaks volumes to her stunted and myopic emotional landscape. The more so since she was not one of the popular girls in her school. Again, her earlier interviews are revealing.

Its been said loads of times that HW is full of people who still think and act like their in high school. Paltrow appears to be no exception, which makes her attempts to be "above it all", especially "regular people", so grating.

by Anonymousreply 13012/09/2013

[quote] people who still think and act like their in high school

they're in high school

[quote] I have experienced this sort of behavior in my real life

Your "real life"? As opposed to your "artificial life"?

[quote] The more so since she was not one of the popular girls

The more so?

You sound like someone who tries to impress others with words you don't quite understand and unnecessary affectations in your writing. Gwyneth Paltrow probably drives you crazy because her pretensions are far more sophisticated than yours.

by Anonymousreply 13112/09/2013

I never said she drove me crazy. I do get why people dislike her-like the OP asks!!

Not here to impress anyone and I assure you I know what all of those words mean.

Did you need me to translate?

by Anonymousreply 13212/09/2013

She needs a fat suit to be fat!

by Anonymousreply 13312/10/2013

She lacks humanity.

by Anonymousreply 13412/10/2013

129 pissed in 131's cornflakes!

tee hee

by Anonymousreply 13512/10/2013

Because she's completely tone deaf. She goes through best friends like kleenex and she seems incapable of not tooting her own to the media at least weekly. That and her quack medical advice make her seem like someone to avoid and it's impossible to b/c the media been shoving her down our throats for nearly 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 13612/10/2013

R131 sounds like she'd be a real BLAST @ parties

by Anonymousreply 13712/10/2013

You do realize her latest "cookbook" had "recipes" for toasting bread and how to boil an egg?! She thinks everyone is far less intelligent than her, and has far inferior taste, and therefore must be told what to do and how to do everything. I do not find her beautiful. There are women working at the grocery store who are more beautiful. She has no comprehension that not everyone wants to "be her" or look like her. It has nothing to do with jealousy. And if her husband really has cheated on her, then her representation of a "perfect life" is false and laughable.

by Anonymousreply 13812/10/2013

I've never been on her elitist website telling people to buy $1000 sweaters but has she ever once promoted any charity or asked for donations for a cause? I'm asking sincerely.

by Anonymousreply 13912/10/2013

Yes, she designed a menu for a dinner to benefit Alice Waters' foundation that teaches kids how to garden.

by Anonymousreply 14012/12/2013

Never has the expression "that's mighty white of her" seemed so apt.

by Anonymousreply 14112/12/2013

agreed, 141. she's soulless.

by Anonymousreply 14212/12/2013

The hatred towards Goop is just as irrational as the worshipping of Brangelina or Johnny Depp. For some at least to me, unexplainable reason people love celebs who have a manufactured persona.

by Anonymousreply 14303/15/2014

She comes off as full of herself.

I don't care for her. I know that part of the reason why I don't is because of the way that her publicist tried so hard to push her as 'the new Grace Kelly'.

IMO, she looks like the tall gangly daughter of Sissy Spacek if she'd spent the summer using SUN-IN.

by Anonymousreply 14403/18/2014

Grace Kelly had beauty, class, and elegance. Gwyneth has none of those qualities. In fact, she's not beautiful; she's looks a "Swiss Miss" drag queen. She has positively no class because she has to broadcast to the world that only she thinks she has class. La Paltrow is not elegant - an aging 42 year old woman does not wear flip flops in public nor has her sagging, cellulited ass hanging out for those who have the misfortune to see it. Grace Kelly was a movie superstar one of the great Hollywood screen immortals. Gwyneth's career was soley due to money and connections and nothing else. The woman is an ugly, deluded, self-important, talentless, arrogant, insufferable, cloying airhead.

by Anonymousreply 14503/21/2014

R145 so I take it you don't care for her? I think you may have missed a derogatory adjective or seven.

And let's not kid ourselves Grace Kelly was all smoke and mirrors too. Class and elegance? She screwed everything that walked. Just because the studio system was far more protective of a star's image back then, doesn't mean they were any more refined.

The only thing I would say is that, in general, stars of the classic era had a better work ethic (though Kelly is obviously not the best example of this). They knew they had a job to do, didn't pretend they were solving world peace by acting in movies, and didn't whine about how hard it was to be famous.

by Anonymousreply 14603/21/2014

Grace Kelly was a nice person.

Gwyneth is self-righteous and smug.

by Anonymousreply 14703/21/2014

All I know is while in a drunken stupor last weekend I got fucking sappy and ended up watching AND paying attention! to the Yellow music video and I cried like a baby. She's a cunt and he is WAY to good for her.

by Anonymousreply 14803/21/2014

Grace Kelly marriage was a business deal. I doubt she ever loved that guy. Her grace was a fabricated PR ploy. At least Goop married out of love and never famewhored her private relationships for fame or money.

Both very beautiful women though!

by Anonymousreply 14903/21/2014

[quote]and never famewhored her private relationships for fame or money.

by Anonymousreply 15003/21/2014

[quote]Class and elegance? She screwed everything that walked.

And what the hell is wrong with that? Do you blame her?!?

Grace Kelly is a memorable movie star. She was absolutely stunning in "Rear Window" -- every movie critic agrees, and as long as that movie is considered a classic directed by a master, then Grace Kelly's Hollywood legend will endure.

What has Gwyneth done that is comparable to acting opposite of Gary Cooper in "High Noon," which takes place in real time? She doesn't hold a candle to Grace Kelly.

Who cares what Grace's personal life was like. Her movies will endure forever. I have no desire to ever see that Shakespeare movie ever again. Does anybody?

Would Grace Kelly have done IronMan? Or wear a fat suit?

by Anonymousreply 15103/21/2014

When she first got with Chris Martin the British media implied that it was a fake relationship and that she was using Martin as cover for someone else. I kind of believed it as they did not seem to be suited to one another. However, a photo appeared in the newspaper of them, it was taken when they were unaware. Goop was pregnant at the time and Martin had put his head to Goop's pregnant stomach, he seemed to be goofing around and Goop was laughing. They seemed a very genuine happy couple.

As for her career I have seen very few of her movies. I thought she was very good in Shallow Hal to the point that I completely forgot that she was Goop, She was excellent in Sliding Doors. The only other movie I have seen of hers is Avengers Assemble, she had very little to do and very little screen time. For someone who has won an Oscar she now seems to be no more than a bit part actress.

I think anyone would be very silly to take any dietry or medical advice from anyone who isn't qualified and that includes Goop.

As for Martin he seems like a genuine good guy.

by Anonymousreply 15203/21/2014

[quote]I think anyone would be very silly to take any dietry or medical advice from anyone who isn't qualified and that includes Goop.

Yet, she insists on offering it to us mortals.

by Anonymousreply 15303/21/2014

Iron Man was a cool movie. Big Blockbuster with a great cast and a visionary director who came from independent movie making.

by Anonymousreply 15403/21/2014

Yeah,'s right up there with "Rear Window" & "High Noon."

*eyes rolling*

by Anonymousreply 15503/21/2014

R155 How old are you?

by Anonymousreply 15603/21/2014

She says what most people are afraid to. I mean, I think that I'm better than most people who I come across. But I don't say it out loud.

by Anonymousreply 15703/21/2014

Lets face some facts. She is beautiful, rich, smart, talented and has a wealthy husband and beautiful kids.Who the heck would not want that life?

by Anonymousreply 15803/21/2014

She's rich, 158...that's all.

by Anonymousreply 15903/21/2014

Because of everything.

by Anonymousreply 16003/21/2014

R145 is the perfect example of mental illness. Yes , being so jelly is indeed a sickness. UGLY ? lol even girl in the world would dream to look like her. Compared to my life she lives a dream but I cant hate someone because they have things I don't.

by Anonymousreply 16103/21/2014

I'm not a great beauty but I "even girl in the world dream of looking like her." She's got a big flat ass, a face like a Simpson's character and saggy banana titties. Her "personal style" is bullshit too. Pair it with a marriage to a twat and the hatred of most people who know who she is and no, I'm not "jelly."

by Anonymousreply 16203/21/2014

Oh y'all so jelly, everybody loves me!

by Anonymousreply 16303/21/2014

... everybody!

by Anonymousreply 16403/21/2014

R-145 here - Indeed I missed an adjective - it's cunt.

by Anonymousreply 16503/21/2014

R161, you're totally projecting. You're the one with the mental illness if you admire somebody whose done nothing admirable except be a douche.

by Anonymousreply 16603/21/2014

... so everybody has to like or dislike the celebs you do? OK, WOW!

by Anonymousreply 16703/21/2014

Apple. Moses.

by Anonymousreply 16803/21/2014

None of you need to like Gwyneth; her LOVE for herself is Extraordinary !

I am not a fan.

by Anonymousreply 16903/21/2014

Well with her interpretation of Temple Grandin & this in the same episode, she just won her next Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 17003/30/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!