Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jenny McCarthy Getting Her Own Talk Show

Jenny McCarthy tapes talk-show tryout -- without Oprah

It was Oprah -- who had McCarthy on her afternoon show several times to talk about autism and kids -- who believed she could be a talk-show host.

Oprah%E2%80%99s Harpo Productions signed her to a show, possibly to air on Winfrey%E2%80%99s new cable network, OWN.

But, after a year or more of trying to develop the show, McCarthy cut ties with Harpo last month. Reportedly, Harpo wanted her to host a late-night talk show for OWN along the lines of E!%E2%80%99s %E2%80%9CChelsea Lately,%E2%80%9D hosted by Chelsea Handler.

%E2%80%9CJenny was strung along for so long, and they%E2%80%99d been talking about a daytime talk show for years,%E2%80%9D says a source. %E2%80%9CHarpo was giving her the run-around"

Harpo was also putting most of its time and resources into a new daily show hosted by Rosie O%E2%80%99Donnell, which is being taped in the old %E2%80%9COprah%E2%80%9D studio in Chicago and is set to debut in October.

The daytime landscape -- now that Oprah is gone -- seems wide open to TV stations. The pilot was taped in front of a live audience that did not know exactly what it would be seeing until the show started. %E2%80%9CWe do not comment on shows in development,%E2%80%9D an NBC/Universal spokeswoman said yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 3102/23/2013

I wonder how much vaccine disinformation she'll be able to spread now?

by Anonymousreply 108/18/2011

How did you come up with she's getting a show? She's trying but I didn't see anything about a commitment.

by Anonymousreply 208/18/2011

Jenny McCarthy's talk show will be vile and go for the lowest common denominator. At least with Oprah's company, McCarthy would have been required to have some dignity.

by Anonymousreply 308/18/2011

I'd rather watch a talk show where Alison DuBois asks questions from Russell Armstrong to a variety of D-Zlisters.

by Anonymousreply 408/18/2011

Jenny McCarthy is a stupid bimbo. Her talk show is sure to be a hit with all the mommies.

by Anonymousreply 508/18/2011

Oh, boy -- endless crap-science rants about autism from an ignorant twat. Setting my DVR as I type.

by Anonymousreply 608/18/2011

Jenny McCarthy is sooo boring.

Britney Spears would be more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 708/18/2011

Jenny will talk about when she was first photographed by Playboy. "I was so naive and innocent back then, and I had the biggest, hairiest bush in all of Chicago. It was so embarrassing."%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 808/18/2011

*I* need a mutherfucking show!

by Anonymousreply 908/18/2011

Jenny McCarthy couldn't even handle the Brady Bunch reunion without making it about herself. Now this moron's getting her own show? I'll never look at her without remembering how obnoxious she was on that MTV gameshow (Singled Out?) where she'd smack and push the male guests.

by Anonymousreply 1008/18/2011

Oh Lord - she'll be talking about autisim over and over just like Holly Robinson Peete does on The Talk.

by Anonymousreply 1108/18/2011

She really is the queen of milking her 15 minutes. All I know of her is 1) She was in Playboy nearly 20 years ago and 2) There are pictures of her sitting on a toliet for an ad campaign. She's almost 40, so it must be getting near the end of the train ride. Did she not marry well?

by Anonymousreply 1208/18/2011

R12. Haha. Well, that just about sums it up in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 1308/18/2011

Thank you, R12. Jenny McCarthy is one of those celebrities where I think "why were they famous in the first place?" But you jogged my memory, and I remember that stupid game show on MTV that was only popular for 5 minutes. Damn, that was a looonnng time ago. Milking your 15 minutes, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 1408/18/2011

by Anonymousreply 1608/19/2011

R15 is a moron rivaling Jenny in stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 1708/19/2011

R17, many people agree that she was wrong to do it

by Anonymousreply 1808/19/2011

Nice pussy

by Anonymousreply 1908/19/2011

She will be fine without Oprah, how long will OWN last is the question.

by Anonymousreply 2008/19/2011

So I guess her current show isn't what this thread was started for, but based on the headline alone, it could be.

Her new VH-1 show debuted last night after the new Best Week Ever (which I'm happy is back on the air).

Even though I sometimes think Jenny makes a funny guest on other talk shows, I found her irritating as a host on her own program. Maybe if she had guests of interest it would be better, but last night her guest were her sister and some chick featured on one of the VH-1 reality shows that I don't watch.

I suppose she has to use her show to promote VH-1 trash in the same way that Kathy Griffin shills for Bravo programming all over her talk show.

Jenny did talk about her break with Oprah when she was on Watch What Happens Live the night before. I've already forgotten what she said though because I wasn't even aware that there was an issue between the two of them. But she made it sound like it was all just business and they are OK with each other now. It had something to do with her development deal being with King World before there even was an OWN channel, so it wasn't like Oprah had any agreement to give Jenny a show once she started the network.

by Anonymousreply 2102/09/2013

Another thanks, r12. Jenny McCarthy is one of those celebs who I always cannot remember for the life of me why they were famous in the first place. I have hazy memories of "Singled Out" and yes, that was a looonnng time ago. She's really worked her ass to stretch her fame, hasn't she?

by Anonymousreply 2202/09/2013

Did her.

by Anonymousreply 2302/10/2013

I finally figured out who she looks like, it's been bugging me forever - Little Annie Fanny

by Anonymousreply 2402/10/2013

[quote]She's really worked her ass to stretch her fame, hasn't she?

Indeed. Fellow 90's has-been Carmen Electra could have learned a thing or two from her.

by Anonymousreply 2502/10/2013

I didn't realize she is related to Melissa McCarthy.

On Watch What Happens Live Jenny talked about how she got Melissa to be a PA on some TV program she was working on years ago because Melissa really wanted to try to make it in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 2602/10/2013

Well at least the second week of her show was an improvement - probably because she had a minor step up in guests from the premier.

She had Eve (who I guess is making a comeback) and the Millionaire Matchmaker Patti Stanger. Apparently Jenny and Patti have coached each other on online dating in the past. Jenny said she still has a profile on one site but with a fake name and picture. And Patti said she lies about her age on her profile. Nice.

Michelle Buteau from Best Week Ever did a bit about some pop culture stories, and she's pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 2802/17/2013

I guess nobody watches her new show.

by Anonymousreply 2902/19/2013

i guess her former bff chelsea handler has dropped her for the likes of jennifer aniston and reese witherspoon. when she was on handler's show recently c.h. didn't even know she had turned 40 and jenny said "i sent you an invitation" not in a self-pitying way, but just matter-of-factly, and handler didn't even remember that!

by Anonymousreply 3002/22/2013

I wouldn't expect Handler to remember much these days, what withh all the booze and drugs.

by Anonymousreply 3102/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!