Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Gosling, Josh Duhamel - I don''t get it.

What am I missing??

by Anonymousreply 3503/21/2013

Ryan Gosling doesn't need to be lumped with those generic douchebags OP.

by Anonymousreply 108/17/2011

Totally agree with OP, haven't a clue on their appeal. But I don't get the appeal of a lot of the stars today. %0D %0D Bland, bland upon more bland.

by Anonymousreply 308/17/2011

Ryan Gosling is a great actor.

by Anonymousreply 408/17/2011

Ryan is fucking hot! Those other two douches are not!

by Anonymousreply 508/17/2011

[quote]Ryan Gosling is a great actor.

by Anonymousreply 608/17/2011

[quote]Agree with OP. Ryan Gosling seems to be a newer version of Giovanni Ribisi. Very over-rated.%0D %0D %0D Then you have no idea what you're talking about. Ryan Gosling is a very good actor, and might even get an Academy Awards nom for his role in Drive.%0D %0D %0D Of course there's also the fact that he's extremely good looking, has really nice abs (2:20 in the video) and is gay friendly (like most Canadians). He even kissed director Nicolas Winding Refn at the red carpet in Cannes a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 708/17/2011

The only thing wrong with Giovanni Ribisi is that he's a lifelong Scientologist. Otherwise he's a perfectly fine actor.

by Anonymousreply 808/17/2011

[quote]Ryan Gosling seems to be a newer version of Giovanni Ribisi. Very over-rated.%0D %0D %0D I have no idea how you could possibly compare the rat like, stumpy and charismaless Giovanni Ribisi with Ryan Gosling.%0D %0D To each their own I guess. I think Ryan is hot and super talented and he's got a slew of potentional award winning movies out this fall.%0D %0D Ryan R and Josh Duhamel are glorified TV actors.

by Anonymousreply 908/17/2011

I don't get the appeal of Jake Gyllenhaal and his Bieber-esque voice.

by Anonymousreply 1008/17/2011

I would put them in the following order of attractiveness:

1. Josh

2. Ryan R.

3. Ryan G.

But that's just me...

by Anonymousreply 1108/17/2011

Josh Duhamel...

A poor man's Timothy Olyphant.

by Anonymousreply 1208/17/2011

by Anonymousreply 1308/17/2011

I don't understand how someone can view Ryan Gosling's body or work and not respect his acting abilities.

Even if you dislike him as a person or dislike his looks, the guy is clearly talented at his job.

by Anonymousreply 1408/17/2011

Lol, body of* work

by Anonymousreply 1508/17/2011

I think Ryan Gosling is average looking, if not bland. If he was some nobody would you really do a double take if you saw him walk down the street? Doubt it. Williamsburg in Brooklyn is full of blond hipsters like him.

Oh, and I thought he badly overacted in that film with Michelle Williams where they play a couple breaking up. It was a very self-conscious bit of acting.

The average looking trio:

Ben Foster

Ryan Gosling

Giovanni Ribisi

That's just my opinion. Don't kill me for it.

by Anonymousreply 1608/17/2011

Soooooo average looking.

by Anonymousreply 1708/17/2011

Ryan Gosling is a real actor.

Ryan Reynolds is just prettyboy beefcake. He's the Christopher Jones or the Tab Hunter of the moment.

Josh Duhamel is already over.

by Anonymousreply 1808/17/2011

Ryan Gosling just exudes sex. I wouldn't call him beautiful or conventially attractive, but he just has IT and it's just incredibly alluring. Sex appeal, charisma, confidence are sometimes more attractive then a perfect face.

by Anonymousreply 1908/17/2011

[quote] What am I missing??

Functioning eyeballs?

by Anonymousreply 2008/17/2011

I had a plumber come over last week who looked just like Ryan Gosling. I even asked him, "You probably get this a lot, but do people tell you that you look like Ryan Gosling" He laughed and said "ALL the time". Total ringer. Says he gets a lot of attention when he goes to Los Angeles, and he loves it.

by Anonymousreply 2108/17/2011

R21's plumber was Mason Wyler.

he get your pipes clean?

by Anonymousreply 2208/17/2011

[quote]he get your pipes clean?

I wish.

by Anonymousreply 2308/17/2011

[quote]used to be ugly circa 2000-2003%0D %0D But "used to be's" don't count anymore, they just lay on the floor til we sweep them away.%0D %0D Seriously, though, Ryan G really has the IT factor mentioned upthread. He is incredibly sexually interesting in a class above all the shallow himbo actors out there.

by Anonymousreply 2508/19/2011

Agree about Ryan Gosling. He exudes the IT factor and is a real bonafide actor.

Duhamel is a D-List wanna be movie actor who can't act for shit. Plain, annoyingly bland and vanilla. Reynolds is overrated and his flops prove it. If it wasn't for Sandy--The Proposal, his only genuine hit-- he wouldn't be A-List.

by Anonymousreply 2608/19/2011

Josh: Physically attractive with little charm. He's not overrated since he isn't discussed much.

Ryan Reynolds: Overrated. Attractive and fit, plus has a cocky charm, but nowhere near enough to warrant the level of adulation he's received.

Ryan Gosling: Very talented actor. i don't find him remotely attractive but I'm glad others do since he's unconventional

by Anonymousreply 2708/19/2011

Ryan Gosling is a good actor, the others, meh. . . .

by Anonymousreply 2808/19/2011

Josh Duhamel is the most naturally good looking of the three. %0D %0D Ryan Reynolds used to be very cute, but the last several years have not been kind to his looks.%0D %0D Ryan Gosling used to be fugly. Time has been kind to him, although he's still not classically handsome.

by Anonymousreply 2909/04/2011

Regarding Ryan Gosling: It's better to peak later then peak too early and end up looking like shit by 30.

by Anonymousreply 3009/05/2011

Ryan Gosling [click thru for more details] homosexual, cocaine addiction, HIV, mind control illuminati, forged birth certificate-he is younger]. Spends a lot of his time on his computer trying to make people believe none of this is true. Ryan Gosling alter at magazine cover. As we know he was in Mickey ... violent movies. he`s mind controlled illuminati owned satanic garbage. Click thru for many more additional details on URL. Thank you,

by Anonymousreply 3203/21/2013

Ryan Gosling might be a good actor (I don't think I've seen any of his movies.) but I don't understand his supposed "good looks". In fact his face is quite unfortunate looking

by Anonymousreply 3303/21/2013

I'm with you OP; I don't get it either. ANY of them. They're boys, not men. I don't care what age Duhamel might be (pushing 40 yet?). Boys.

Now, Jon Hamm: THAT's a man. I've even read a couple of mag articles where he talks about when he started out (mid/late 20's, perhaps?) and he would compete for parts against "tiny little guys" (an approximate quote from the article) when he auditioned for parts on shows like "Dawson's Creek" (I realize Van Der Forehead isn't tiny! but either that show or something like it.)

I don't even get the Paul Rudd appeal either.

And yes, I'm oldish.

by Anonymousreply 3403/21/2013

R34 bores me!

by Anonymousreply 3503/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!