Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Salma Hayek: Being super-rich is great \\n

Actress loves the lavish life and globe-trotting travel, but won't spend on plastic surgery.%0D %0D She's married to French billionaire Francois-Henri Pinault (his family is worth $11.5 billion). %0D

by Anonymousreply 10805/30/2015

The Lillie Langtry of Latin America!

by Anonymousreply 108/16/2011

I wondered what happened to Salm! So, she's been living it large in France? I pictured her living a Frida-esque bohemian existence!

by Anonymousreply 208/16/2011

Shave and a haircut - two bits!

by Anonymousreply 308/16/2011

Let's see what she has to say next time hubby barebacks some ancient supermodel. She'll be on her back and in surgery in no time.

by Anonymousreply 408/16/2011

Well smell her

by Anonymousreply 508/16/2011

[quote]but won't spend on plastic surgery.%0D %0D %0D %0D We'll see. Jane Fonda nd Nicole Kidman said the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 608/16/2011

She's very beautiful still. I always thought of her as the thinking man's Jennifer Lopez.

by Anonymousreply 708/16/2011

Well, I never ...!

by Anonymousreply 808/16/2011

She had her tits done and a nose job. This no longer his considered plastic surgery?

by Anonymousreply 908/16/2011

Salma loves to diss other women. What's her problem? She got the boobs she paid for and she got the hubby she whored herself for - you'd think she'd be happy. Maybe she's got a stingy pre-nup.

by Anonymousreply 1008/16/2011

shut up Selma. i am 2 paychecks from being homeless.

by Anonymousreply 1108/16/2011

So I am guessing her days of travelling to Africa and breastfeeding orphans is over?

by Anonymousreply 1208/16/2011

I'm in the top 1% of Mexicans. Fuck the other 99%! Middle class - what's that? America - pay attention!

by Anonymousreply 1308/16/2011

She's so full of shit. Can't stand her. Tacky cow.

by Anonymousreply 1408/16/2011

remember when she and Antonio Banderas did that tribute to Che Guevara at the Oscars?

by Anonymousreply 1508/16/2011

What a repugnant thing to say. Is she suggesting we should all aspire to be whores instead of earning a good living? Ok, you've won me over SIGN ME UP!

by Anonymousreply 1608/16/2011

Not a single word about giving back or the responsibility that comes with such privilege. Not even a fake mention of it.

I wonder if she believes she honestly deserves to have so much or does she realize how lucky she is to be where she is.

by Anonymousreply 1708/16/2011

Yeah, but look what she has to fuck!

by Anonymousreply 1808/16/2011

Her kid looks like a troll.

by Anonymousreply 1908/16/2011

Her man is only 5 years older than she is but looks damn near 60.

by Anonymousreply 2008/16/2011

Holy God, he's ugly. She whipped her titty out and fed a starving African baby. I always admired that.

by Anonymousreply 2108/16/2011

[quote]Not a single word about giving back or the responsibility that comes with such privilege. Not even a fake mention of it.

That's generally the attitude amongst Mexico's elite; see Carlos Slim and his remarks about how he feels no compulsion to 'give back'.

by Anonymousreply 2208/17/2011

That's the worst, R21. Linda Evangelista's kid looks like her, but Salma's kid looks like her dad. Boo.

by Anonymousreply 2308/17/2011

"Giving back" is so 2006. The super-rich owe you nada.

by Anonymousreply 2408/17/2011

r23 - Little Augustin does look like a wee Linda. Salma's daughter might grow out of the homely phase.

by Anonymousreply 2508/17/2011

I love how the media sucks up to this trust fund billionaire:%0D %0D "He%E2%80%99s got good instincts in business, according to industry insiders who spoke with CNN in 2009. The article, crowning him %E2%80%9Cthe new king of luxury%E2%80%9D, hints at leadership abilities beyond the standard track of a trust-fund kid. In other words, he%E2%80%99s alpha."%0D %0D Yeah, I'm sure it's a tremendous challenge to display "leadership abilities" after you've been born with a cool billion, or pretty close to it, in "starter money." What a feat! %0D %0D "Then there%E2%80%99s his looks: regal blue eyes, grizzly, boyish smirk, and the style of a modern-day James Bond. In fact, he almost looks like the brother of Daniel Craig."%0D %0D Yeah, the spitting image of Daniel Craig - after Daniel Craig has been hit in the face with a shovel a couple dozen times.%0D

by Anonymousreply 2608/17/2011

I can't hate on her. If I was as gorgeous as her I'd be rich too. I've always found her harmless and I enjoy looking at her. I saw her in a movie called Fools Rush In the other night and she stole every scene just because of her looks.

by Anonymousreply 2708/17/2011

[quote] She got the boobs she paid for

Edward Norton bought those for her.

by Anonymousreply 2808/17/2011

[quote]Her kid looks like a troll.

Yeah, but the kid could outgrow it. If not then she can have plastic surgery. Money is no object. She's still a hell of lot better off than poor Tori Spelling or those Guidici things.

by Anonymousreply 2908/17/2011

Where is a pic of trolly kid?

by Anonymousreply 3008/17/2011

Salma is rich enough to hire Gywnnie as her maid. Well done, Salma!

by Anonymousreply 3108/17/2011

by Anonymousreply 3208/17/2011

"Well done, Salma!"

Well done for what? For being a gold digger?

Salma must not come from such a "rich" background as she claims. Rich people generally don't brag about their money.

by Anonymousreply 3308/17/2011

She's rich by Mexican standards. Which means she had indoor plumbing.

by Anonymousreply 3408/17/2011

why are you picking on her. Most millionaires in hollywood feel the same way!! Rich liberals get a pass right?

by Anonymousreply 3508/17/2011

"Most millionaires in hollywood feel the same way!! Rich liberals get a pass right?"

Most millionaires in Hollywood have actually WORKED for it, not MARRIED into it.

It's tacky to brag about money, ESPECIALLY if you haven't earned it yourself.

by Anonymousreply 3608/17/2011

Be careful what you brag about bitch, or karma might come your way.

by Anonymousreply 3708/17/2011

Salma's girl is actually cute in an ordinary kid-of-that-age kind of way. Linda's boy is more unfortuante looking. Both may very well grow into their looks.

by Anonymousreply 3808/17/2011

[quote] She whipped her titty out and fed a starving African baby. I always admired that.%0D %0D %0D Seriously? I thought it was a shameful PR move. Do you really think that the clinic she visited didn't have supplies for that baby? I hope she didn't have something in her breastmilk that made it worse for the baby.%0D %0D If she was on a mission then the responsible thing to do was to make inquiries ahead of time and either send needed suppplies in front of your visit or bring them with you. You don't whip out your own tit and suckle some kid for the camera. %0D %0D Salma was well off but she wasn't rich rich. If she had been rich rich she would have had more to show for it before she was with the billionaire sugar daddy. And she wouldn't have had such a hard time financing her film.

by Anonymousreply 3908/17/2011

You just know that when it happens this will be a spectacular divorce.

by Anonymousreply 4008/17/2011

Salma grew up with a lot of money; this highlife is not exactly new to her.

by Anonymousreply 4108/17/2011

"Salma grew up with a lot of money; this highlife is not exactly new to her."

Please. She was never THAT rich. She always aligned herself with really rich guys. She was a C-list actress. None of her movies made money or were critically acclaimed. Her career was going nowhere. So now she shops on someone else's dime. Pathetic how in lieu of the Evangelista thing she mentions how much money gets put into her daughter's trust fund.

by Anonymousreply 4208/17/2011

R34 is a fucking, stupid, mouth-breathing piece of shit,

by Anonymousreply 4308/17/2011

"R34 is a fucking, stupid, mouth-breathing piece of shit,"

Like hundreds of Mexican's face death, imprisonment and deportation to get to this country every day because things are so swell in their own country.

by Anonymousreply 4408/17/2011

She was nominated for an Oscar. That should make her above C-list. Eh. I like her. She has a point; people who whine about the burdens of being wealthy annoy me. Why not own it?

by Anonymousreply 4508/17/2011

R22, Mexico's elite are Lebanese.

by Anonymousreply 4608/17/2011

She was terrible in that role. She thinks whining and being hysterical throughout and mugging is acting. %0D %0D I do think she got that Oscar nom because a big fuss had been made about how she as a woman fought to get the picture made and it was about a supposed feminist (not really). So I'd say it was a politically correct nom rather than an artistic one.

by Anonymousreply 4708/17/2011

Madonna said it best in Truth Or Dare: "Money makes people look beautiful."

by Anonymousreply 4808/18/2011

I LOAVE my hose bond

by Anonymousreply 4908/18/2011

She won't think it's so great when I'm done creating my super-rich killing virus in my basement lab.

by Anonymousreply 5008/18/2011

[quote]R22, Mexico's elite are Lebanese.

Not sure why you feel compelled to mention this. Both Salma and Carlos Slim are Mexican elites of Lebanese heritage. And?

by Anonymousreply 5108/18/2011

Salma being attacked by Lindsey

by Anonymousreply 5201/29/2013

R52 fuckin' bitch

by Anonymousreply 5301/29/2013

She is an opportunist who once drove in Hollywood without a drivers license this is the type of person that cheats system and lies, she pretends to be all that be careful..if you cheat dear salma you will lose all you got...i can't stand you bty you are 50 or 51 years old...

by Anonymousreply 5401/25/2015

Isn't she a part-time lesbian? I remember when she got married I thought what's up with the lesbians marrying disgusting rich guys? I can't remember who the other married lesbian was.

by Anonymousreply 5501/25/2015

That picture is hilarious.

I always strike a fashion pose when I'm watching sports.

by Anonymousreply 5601/25/2015

Hey, there's no point in thinking all your bitching is going to tear Salma down. She is way out of your reach. She's a determined, focused infighter and she got exactly what she wanted.

She was born and raised upper middle class, well to do. Now she is spectacularly wealthy. She's right up there with royalty, bubby. This guy is someone Jackie Kennedy would've killed for. Salma is set for life, and so are her family. And her friends. They want for nothing.

Salma is a real operator when it comes to the politics of life and career. But she is like a Mother Hen to her family and friends. And if she likes you, and you're a filmmaker, she can be very helpful to you. A simple phone call or two and you can get whatever you need. so rail on you ship of fools!

by Anonymousreply 5701/25/2015

R57: Fans are so adorable. Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 5801/25/2015

The text of the article has been removed.

What r57 said.

While I agree that it's tacky to discuss how you have it over the little people, at least she's not asserting that "money doesn't/shouldn't matter" bullshit.

It does, and, if I gather it correctly from this thread, she says so.

Besides, I marvel at people who confidently know that someone doesn't "give back," what ever that means. Anonymous giving is the purest form of generosity. The fact of the matter is, I don't know who is, or is not, "giving back."

by Anonymousreply 5901/25/2015

Why are all the nastiest people born in 1969?

Salma Hayek, Jennifer Aniston, Matthew Perry, Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Lopez.

I guess like wine, it must have been a really bad year.

by Anonymousreply 6001/25/2015

wasn't there a BI about how she threatened that her husband would buy a restaurant to close it down because she had to wait for 10 min?

by Anonymousreply 6101/25/2015

Her daughter looks very 'special'.

by Anonymousreply 6201/25/2015

What I know about her is that she is very loyal, and she can be helpful. But if she helps you and then she needs a favor and you don't reciprocate, you are dead to her. This doesn't apply to family or friends. They get to screw up a couple more times. Then they are dead to her. But she is usually the peacemaker. Salma could've been a diplomat.

by Anonymousreply 6301/25/2015

[quote]What I know about her is that she is very loyal

So are dogs.

[quote] But if she helps you and then she needs a favor and you don't reciprocate, you are dead to her. This doesn't apply to family or friends. They get to screw up a couple more times. Then they are dead to her. But she is usually the peacemaker. Salma could've been a diplomat.

Or the Mafia.

by Anonymousreply 6401/25/2015

Maria's hands on me would be an absolute pleasure

by Anonymousreply 6505/14/2015

i don't know....

as far as rich old farts go, he's pretty cute.

also, french accent.

and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

by Anonymousreply 6605/14/2015

I like her. She reminds me of Wonder Woman, a powerful woman. And she's a great actress as well.

by Anonymousreply 6705/14/2015

Being super rich is the only way to live.

by Anonymousreply 6805/14/2015

Wow, you guys are acting like she's with a sugar daddy, but they're around the same age. Jealous much?

by Anonymousreply 6905/14/2015

Frida was not an acclaimed movie? Are you joking?

Taymor is a goddess.

by Anonymousreply 7005/14/2015

Well , yes, I suppose fucking an ugly old billionaire for a closet full of Fendi furs is more enjoyable than dancing around in a bikini with a big snake.

by Anonymousreply 7105/14/2015

Salma, advertising her wares to the oligarch and billionaire in-flight male readers of Vanity Fair.

It worked, clearly.

by Anonymousreply 7205/14/2015

What does the article say?

I get the message "Text: We're sorry. The text content of this page is no longer available."

by Anonymousreply 7305/14/2015

Is Salma a puta? I need the truth.

by Anonymousreply 7405/29/2015

All that money and her kid still looks like a little wet Gremlin.

by Anonymousreply 7505/29/2015

I'm glad to hear some say she is loyal and nice. She always looked like a bitch to me.

by Anonymousreply 7605/29/2015

She is loyal to her hubby's billions. She is nice because other women are licking her pussy.

by Anonymousreply 7705/29/2015

I think that she and Penelope were lovers. But Salma needed to go for the gold, and the kid.

by Anonymousreply 7805/29/2015

She's had 2 boob jobs. One took her from a tiny A cup to about a B. Her last boob job was right before Frida and that took her to bazoomland. Not sure which one Ed Norton allegedly paid for.

Salma was god awful in Frida. When I finally saw it I was quite surprised at how bad her acting was. The movie itself was just okay but with Taymor it was very colorful and inventive. She never deserved that nomination. It was her campaigning that awards season that totally turned me off to her. Before that I found her amusing and witty on talk shows. She was obnoxious and in her interviews she kept subtly putting other actresses down to make herself look good.

Don't worry about her ugly daughter. She will have men flocking to her.

by Anonymousreply 7905/29/2015

Yes, I know Salma is terribly talented; well, at least her publicist said so.

Frankly, I'm delighted she's no longer making films. Honest to god, I can't understand a word she or that Penelope Cruz says !!

by Anonymousreply 8005/29/2015

I know it's silly but I used to like her until the last Golden Globes where during the Tina Fey and Amy Poehler opening act (or during the later bits) she seemed completely humorless during a joke where others were laughing. Maybe she didn't get it or maybe she wasn't even listening or maybe she was nervous, who knows. I know you shouldn't make assumptions on such a small thing but I did. Now I think she's a humorless bitch but I don't mind being corrected.

by Anonymousreply 8105/29/2015

I agree, she was terrible in Frida, it was almost laughable.

by Anonymousreply 8205/30/2015

Me gustan tus melones.

by Anonymousreply 8305/30/2015

Salma is definitely loyal to her family and friends. Especially those people who gave her an opportunity when she first arrived in Hollywood.

I'm not sure how much she vents about her charity work but she has always been charitable.

I have worked for her a couple of times and she is by far one of the best bosses I have had in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 8405/30/2015

She looks sexy eating that big bloody heart in Tale of Tales

by Anonymousreply 8505/30/2015

Didn't she threaten that "her husband would shut down a restaurant" because she had to wait for a table for 10 minutes?

by Anonymousreply 8605/30/2015

I saw her once in a shop on Larchmont in L.A.

I was stunned by her beauty.

As I live near Larchmont and celebrity spotting there is common, I tried not to let it show, but I could tell by her reaction that I was showing it. As it was just her and I and a shopkeeper, I tried to play it cool, do my business and leave. But I left thinking "My god when have I ever seen such a beautiful woman?"

It's a shame though she isn't a bit more humble and without noblesse oblige.

by Anonymousreply 8705/30/2015

She's not beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 8805/30/2015

Peak Salma was that Desperado movie she made with Antonio Bandaras (not the sequel with Johnny Depp). That was a good movie, very funny in a dark sort of way and both leads were absolutely gorgeous. She made several shriek-y comedies around the same time that were unwatchable.

You can't blame her for opting out of Hollywood. It's ironic though because despite her husband's billions, she is very poorly dressed. Her face and hair are always good but she wears clothes that are ill-fitting and generally looks like she's been squeezed into a model's sample. I think the designers of her husband's companies hate her, either that or she has terrible taste and overrules their advice.

by Anonymousreply 8905/30/2015

She is not beautiful She has a square face and short stubby legs. Much too dark and hairy for my tastes.

by Anonymousreply 9005/30/2015

She has tiny facial features. What could sag? Her nose is the size of a peanut. It's a nice nose but it doesn't have much distance to fall.

by Anonymousreply 9105/30/2015

R81 Tina Fey and Amy Poehler aren't funny though, and Fey possibly is a closeted lez. I don't really have anything against closeted homosexuals, but of course they are annoying.

by Anonymousreply 9205/30/2015

Are you lesbian R90?

by Anonymousreply 9305/30/2015

She had a pretty good Hollywood career for someone who couldn't speak English intelligibly.

by Anonymousreply 9405/30/2015

didnt she say she doesnt want anymore kids, because its so hard the one kid wanting cheese and the other tomatoe on the pizza.. and that it would be too much for their personal chef.

I agree, she isnt beautiful she has a square face and isnt all that. Her braggung about being rich must be some type of insecurity as she does it way too often.

by Anonymousreply 9505/30/2015

by Anonymousreply 9605/30/2015

She had a chance to have beautiful children with former fiance, Edward Atterton. But no. Ted's Eton/Cambridge education and gorgeous genes weren't good enough for Salma.

by Anonymousreply 9705/30/2015

I thought she was beyond ridiculous when she said that she was "praying" for bigger breasts and then they grew. Silly.

by Anonymousreply 9805/30/2015

It's: "I came from the people, They need to adore me, SO CHRISTIAN DIOR ME FROM MY HEAD TO MY TOES!"

The Bacall line is: "I'm their savior, That's what they call me, So Lauren Bacall me, Anything goes!"

by Anonymousreply 9905/30/2015

[quote]I agree, she was terrible in Frida, it was almost laughable.

The thing about FRIDA is, it should've been in Spanish except for the NY scenes. It was especially awkward during the segment when Kahlo and Rivera travel to NYC. In Mexico, we're able to suspend disbelief when they communicate in English. We know they're supposed to be speaking Spanish to each other. But in NYC they're actually supposed to be speaking English.

by Anonymousreply 10005/30/2015

R60 Hayek was actually born in 1966. She's 3 years older than the other four you listed, who were indeed born in 1969.

Others born in 1966: Halle Berry, Janet Jackson, Adam Sandler, Patrick Dempsey.

by Anonymousreply 10105/30/2015

[quote]She's not beautiful.

Only on DL would Hayek not be considered beautiful and yet average white guys like Chris Meloni or Daniel Craig are "hot."

by Anonymousreply 10205/30/2015

@R102 LOL

by Anonymousreply 10305/30/2015

Salma is very hot. She could drive a straight man crazy. She could also drive a lesbo/bi woman crazy. That's the truth. Everyone who says that she is not beautiful, sorry, but that's fiction. Are you blind????

by Anonymousreply 10405/30/2015

No, she's not very hot. She was not good looking without all the plastic she had, esp that nosejob.

by Anonymousreply 10505/30/2015

No R104, they are gay men.

by Anonymousreply 10605/30/2015

Salma pre-nosejob. BIG WIDE NOSE

by Anonymousreply 10705/30/2015

wow R107 thats a heck of a nose job

by Anonymousreply 10805/30/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!