Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I love Pamela Des Barres'' books

Even the sad little excerpts from her teenage diaries.

by Anonymousreply 14505/27/2013

Jimmy Page carried a whip in his suitcase. Deep into S&M.

by Anonymousreply 108/12/2011

We've done this several times already. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 208/12/2011

I've been here since 2002 and I've seen her mentioned in a lot of posts and a lot folks recommending her books in rock and roll bio threads but I've never seen an entire thread devoted to her. She deserves one and here it is.

by Anonymousreply 308/12/2011

Oh, now I'm reading the one where she interviews other groupies and Cynthia Plaster Caster is "saving a story about Peter Cole for her own book" Has she written it?

by Anonymousreply 408/12/2011

I love I'm with the Band. Teenage Pamela writing down Paul McCartney's name every time she farted is hilarious! And she made out with a pre-Manson Bobby Beausoleil!

Why no movie yet?

by Anonymousreply 508/12/2011

[quote] Why no movie yet?

She's not interesting. She fucked a bunch of guys. It's pretty pedestrian. She was a whore who wanted to bask in the reflected glory of famous men. They're a dime a dozen.

by Anonymousreply 608/12/2011

'I'm With The Band' is full of lies and fabrications about Led Zeppelin and Jimmy Page. If you think I tell a lie,you had better to check out her book and LZ true history and the correct timeline. You'll find so many faults in it. After all Led Zep was/is the biggest band except for The Beatles,and they have still mysterious image. Slutty women like Pamela just take advantage of LZ's silence about their privacy. I never believe any of Pamela's claims on JP. Definitely she is the worst gropie in the world. Real fraud.

by Anonymousreply 703/26/2012

OP - look what you've done! You've awakened the LZ troll at r7! I recognize the poor English & hysterical tone.

by Anonymousreply 803/26/2012

[R6] You are quite right.

It seems Pamela and Bebe Buell have a turf war as a professional groupie whore. Bebe is much more beautiful than Pamela and Pamela is much more cunning than Bebe. The only fact is that both women were just used and dumped by many men.

by Anonymousreply 903/26/2012

[R8] If I'm the same person you claim,has it anything to do with you? Are you a stalker???LOL

by Anonymousreply 1003/26/2012

Or it seems you LOVE Pamela's many lies. Keep on dreaming,groupie bitch!

by Anonymousreply 1103/26/2012

OP, there's nothing more boring than dried-up old whores shilling their 40-year-old memories.

The whole groupie thing was interesting for a few minutes in the 90s, but it quickly became apparent that none of these women have anything interesting to say about anything but the handful of famous cocks they've had.

They are also crazy and, it's clear, are already here in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 1203/26/2012

I used to have her book but I'm glad I don't anymore. Pamela should have never written her book. Who in the world would thought that anyone would read about her groupie exploits?

by Anonymousreply 1303/26/2012

r11 - You're quite psychotic. You realize you don't know any of these people?

These types of threads always bring out the church lady slut-shamers and the nutbars.

by Anonymousreply 1403/26/2012

Pamela has little stories to sell in fact,so she is always selling her rags on her FB wall.

by Anonymousreply 1503/26/2012

[R14] Don't you have any brain? You don't understand what I mean at all!

All I claim here is that Pamela's claims on Jimmy Page are mostly her fabrications! I have read her book about 20 years ago,and I believed her stories then. But when I checked the contents of the book I found most of them are lies,and I came to hate her. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 1603/26/2012

Did the rest of you not hear r2? She is the Dominatrix-Empress of all of Datalounge! If she says "Move on"... then you'd better move on!

by Anonymousreply 1703/26/2012

"Jimmy Page carried a whip in his suitcase. Deep into S&M."

Ho-hum, NOT AGAIN!

Jimmy and the rest of Zeppelin cultivated and kept a mysterious image going til this day. The band has disassociated themselves from pretty much every biography out there. In fact, one of these 'biographies' was clearly culled from many interviews.

Probably the only true coverage about Zeppelin on tour was written by Cameron Crowe, it was his famous Led Zep cover story for Rolling Stone from the mid-1970s.

Even Page's autobiography released last year was a photo autobiography! I'm sure a ton of his fans were disappointed. Jimmy Page had stated in interviews around the time his photo book was published that his autobiography will be released after he dies.

by Anonymousreply 1803/26/2012

Pamela Des Barres should have credited her book 'a partly (mostly?) fiction'.

by Anonymousreply 1903/26/2012

I didn't like Page's first(unauthorized) biography written by a Canadian writer named George Case. Before writing book he had not met Jimmy despite he was still alive! It's so strange. And Case just quoted many books, including 'I'm With The Band'.

If Jimmy Page will 'write' his autobio,I feel like he won't mention groupies.From his past interviews or reliable info from his real people,he will mention some women whom he really lived with.

by Anonymousreply 2003/26/2012

[R18] I love his photographic autobiography because I could understand his true feeling for his real women. There were only two womens photos in it.

by Anonymousreply 2103/26/2012

"Oh, now I'm reading the one where she interviews other groupies and Cynthia Plaster Caster is "saving a story about Peter Cole for her own book" Has she written it?"

Peter Cole? Do you mean Zep's infamous Tour Manager Richard Cole? Or do you mean their Manager Peter Grant?

IIRC, Cole did some serious jail time, for drugs, or weapons, not for abusing all the groupies people claimed he did, like when he shoved some fish, NOT sharks, up some groupies vagine.

Cole did some terrible stuff. A friend, a female photographer who happened to be at a NYC club with her then boyfriend, at some Zeppelin party during their 1973 US tour, was accosted by Cole.

Cole had crept up behind her then shoved his hands down her dress and grabbed her breasts, she in no way gave him any indication she was interested in him at all. Her boyfriend quickly put Cole in his place. I guess since Grant was such a scary presence no one ever pressed charges against his and Cole's outrageous behavior.

Zep did surround themselves with thugs, that is a fact. Both Peter Grant and Richard Cole were low level thugs when the got involved with Zeppelin.

I was rather surprised that Jimmy Page had involved himself with such people, considering he had been a working musician for many years previous to Zep. He was a well known London session musician as well as having been in The Yardbirds, it wasn't as if Page was some newbie to the rock music scene that he was so naive hiring Peter Grant and Richard Cole.

by Anonymousreply 2203/26/2012

R9 - You forgot something: Bebe is BATSHIT crazy and a compulsive liar. She lied to her own daughter about who her father was; and don't forget she stalked Elvis Costello for years.

Bebe also used to have regular freak-outs on an infamous board called Groupie Central in the late 1990's. I was a regular contributor on that forum and got into several flame wars with her. The woman is a delusional narcissist. In her mind, every rock star was in love with her and every famous rock song was written about her. It was like arguing with a feral cat. She is a PARIAH in the rock community.

Pamela - on the other hand - is still on good terms with her long-time ex (Michael Des Barres), and has shown nothing but kindness towards other groupies and the 'rock scene'. She's still welcomed backstage and is photographed with the same rock stars she wrote about. She's bluntly honest about her past and doesn't pretend to be to be some omnipresent muse like Buell does.

As far as the Page 'accusations' - many, many other women spoke about his love of S/M and the occult back in the day. There are PHOTOS of LZ after hours with their arms draped around 13 year old known groupies! Why are these delusional fangirls trying to rewrite history??

by Anonymousreply 2303/26/2012

My friend called Michael Des Barres 'a male groupie'.haha! Mick Jagger also called Rodney something.. a male groupie too.

by Anonymousreply 2403/26/2012

"I love his photographic autobiography because I could understand his true feeling for his real women. There were only two womens photos in it."

I didn't see the entire book, only the few images online and what Page himself has added to his own official website. I would never pay close to $700 for book. I recall seeing signed copies on eBay for up to $4,000!

The only women he was seriously involved with, the one he actually dated and lived with were American singer Jackie DeShannon (when she lived in England), Charlotte Martin (the French model who also dated Eric Clapton and IIRC George Harrison), Patricia Ecker (who was a waitress he met in Louisiana) and Jemina Gomez-Paratcha, an American of Argentinian descent. I have no idea who he is with now.

He had one child, a daughter, with Charlotte (who is now in her 40s and a music photographer), a son with Patricia and a boy and girl with Jemina.

There might be other children floating around, especially considering how many groupies he's been with since the 1960s!!

Pamela had a kid with her ex-husband British rocker Michael Des Barres whose band, Silverhead, were ironically signed to Zep's label Swan Song.

by Anonymousreply 2503/26/2012

[R23] Musicians needed fun on the road. If I were Jimmy Page i would have used 'unpaid whores' after all. But he(and other LZ guys too) valued his family too. But when men were away from home for a long time, they need women. It is an ordinary man.

by Anonymousreply 2603/26/2012

by Anonymousreply 2703/26/2012

'There might be other children floating around, especially considering how many groupies he's been with since the 1960s!!'

Even if those were true stories,I'm sure he would never admit them.(lol) Sluts should give up.

by Anonymousreply 2803/26/2012

"As far as the Page 'accusations' - many, many other women spoke about his love of S/M and the occult back in the day. There are PHOTOS of LZ after hours with their arms draped around 13 year old known groupies! Why are these delusional fangirls trying to rewrite history??"

Who are the "delusional" fan girls here? Certainly not me. One of my oldest closest female friends had dated one of Zep's former publicists for many years, so I got my information from the source. A male friend was a photographer who shot them many times. Heck, I even photographed several of their gigs.

No one is denying Page had a kinky a sex life and many fans already know he owned Aleister Crowley's house in Loch Ness..blal, blah, this is all OLD news.

Hardcore Zep fans are quite aware Page 'dated' super young California groupie Lori Maddox, the stories can get old and tiresome. There have been long discussions here questioning where 14 year old Maddox's parents were as she was cavorting on tour with Page. None of this is new.

Page is still into owning first editions of occult works, who cares. He sold Boleskine many years ago, due to all the bad vibes associated with it. Several deaths in the Zeppelin camp and the weird death of his friend Sandy Denny. The house was cursed by Crowley, another fact. In fact, I coincidentally saw a show about Crowley/Page's house this past weekend and the curse was mentioned. Page was playing with fire, he was dabbling in shit he had now true knowledge about.

The bottom line is, Led Zeppelin have carefully cultivated a mysterious image. Most of their interviews are about their music, never about their personal lives. Pick up an issue of Guitar Player magazine where Page has mentioned his personal life in any great detail, it doesn't exist.

Sure, Zep were photographed hanging out at clubs with underage groupies, especially at Rodney Bingenheimer's infamous LA club the English Disco but the band were savvy enough to never be photographed fucking those underage young women.

By keeping quiet about their private family lives and sex lives, it only deepened their mysterious image.

by Anonymousreply 2903/26/2012

[R25] Jimmy page had put only two pics of Charlotte martin and Jackie DeShannon into his autobiography(only photos though).

by Anonymousreply 3003/26/2012

'There might be other children floating around, especially considering how many groupies he's been with since the 1960s!!'

I wonder if how many self-claimed bitches among them? Even Pamela,so many dates and places that she claimed she was with Jimmy Page were in fact he was on another places!(lol)

by Anonymousreply 3103/26/2012

"My friend called Michael Des Barres 'a male groupie'.haha! Mick Jagger also called Rodney something.. a male groupie too."

Did you see the great documentary about Rodney? Considering all the famous and attractive rockers he's been around over the years, he gives off a vibe as being one of the most asexual people on the planet. He also seemed super depressed. Though it was clear, he truly loved rock music, especially the British bands.

by Anonymousreply 3203/26/2012

R30, Jackie DeShannon said, in an old print interview, that when she was with Page, he was very quiet, a bit awkward and he loved to play chess with her.

IIRC, they were together pre Zeppelin's success. He was already with Charlotte Martin by the time Zep because famous.

by Anonymousreply 3303/26/2012

[R29] Interesting,but boring stories at the same time. There are so many pics of that underage groupie,Lori Maddox with other many many rock stars in those days. JP was just one of those men who used her,wasn't he??? I heard Richard Cole so overly wrote their relationship for his book.

by Anonymousreply 3403/26/2012

'The bottom line is, Led Zeppelin have carefully cultivated a mysterious image. Most of their interviews are about their music, never about their personal lives. Pick up an issue of Guitar Player magazine where Page has mentioned his personal life in any great detail, it doesn't exist.'

Have you read Dave Lewis's magazines so far?(Led Zep's famous fanzine publisher) In his books,there have been several articles that some fans or writers visited Jimmy's house in the 70's - early 80's. They all said Jimmy was always with his family(Charlotte & Scarlet)at Plumpton Place or Old Mill. As far as I know,these tales had never been publicized on other media.Only on DL's. When I read those magazines I thought Jimmy didn't tell lies in interviews. He often said he had valued his family life in LZ days.

by Anonymousreply 3503/26/2012

"As far as the Page 'accusations' - many, many other women spoke about his love of S/M and the occult back in the day.

I don't want to deny those stories,but who actually can confirm them ? There are also a great number of unconfirmed rumors too.

by Anonymousreply 3603/26/2012

As I recall,when the Plants had a heavy car accident in Greek,only Page's daughter was not injured( who was also in the same car). It was due to his black magic!?!?

by Anonymousreply 3703/26/2012

[R23] At least Bebe is happily married to someone now. And Pamela is still selling her past.

by Anonymousreply 3803/26/2012

[R34] All i can say is that Cole favored Lori more than Jimmy Page.

by Anonymousreply 3903/26/2012

Here's bat-shit crazy Bebe Buell discussing her 'relationship' with Page, it's hilarious!

Bebe Buell - Rebel Behind The Music Playboy.com November 2001

PB: There's a passage in the book about Jimmy Page's weird penchant for "spewing saliva" into your mouth when you were having sex. Was that a control thing?

BB: I think that was his way of putting some of himself in me. But, really, it was very romantic. Jimmy was very romantic. [Most of the time] these guys were with women who would do anything. I think it was refreshing for them to entertain that romantic, little-girl fantasy I've always had. It was like a vacation, a day off. They didn't have to get out the whips.

by Anonymousreply 4003/26/2012

[R40] oh,girl,dont get excited so bad for such a slut ! Nowadays many people know well how bebe was pathetic in fact. As bebe says ,she finally found 'her man' today. I even feel happy for her.

I personally think Jimmy Page had a malicious feeling for slutty girls. He said on groupies,‘that’s what they’re there for.’

by Anonymousreply 4103/26/2012

"Unpaid whores" "Sluts" WOW. You have issues. You obviously idolize a band that adored these women but you're angry that you were not one of them.

You're a stereotype. People like you used to troll Groupie Central and you were laughed at.

Because we all knew that if an All Access pass was slapped on your thigh and Robert Plant whipped his cock out in his dressing room, you'd drop to your knees and worship it like it was your religion.

I sure as hell would have. That cock is a part of rock history! That you are so hateful towards groupies shows that you are completely clueless about the mentality of bands like LZ.

"One of my oldest closest female friends had dated one of Zep's former publicists for many years, so I got my information from the source."

And I shared a Chicago hotel room with a gorgeous (and very young-looking) goth chick groupie who fucked Page when she was a runaway 14 year old. And he KNEW she was 14.

If you want to get into an "I know someone who knows..." pissing contest, I'll probably win. Unlike you, I do not pass some unearned moral judgement on women like Pamela Des Barres.

LZ, Bowie, Iggy, every fucking rock band of the 70's and 80's reveled in the groupie lifestyle. I DO NOT blame the girls for the musician's behavior.

Boys do not start bands because they dream of people like you redefining their legacy. They do it to get girls and maybe make some money. It isn't until they're old and rich do they change the story and become 'artists'.

Stop judging (resenting) the girls and women who were a part of something you will never experience. Your agenda is transparent, and you are doing no favors for the band's legacy.

You can adore a band and not be an apologist for their behavior.

by Anonymousreply 4203/26/2012

so what?[R42] I(and some others too?) don't judge anyone. I only despise sluts. Yes,you or other sluts had a sex with rock stars at one time somewhere. But I don't envy you at all.Why? I know well some women like you were just like Kleenex when they had a cold.LOL

by Anonymousreply 4303/26/2012

"And I shared a Chicago hotel room with a gorgeous (and very young-looking) goth chick groupie who fucked Page when she was a runaway 14 year old. And he KNEW she was 14.

If you want to get into an "I know someone who knows..." pissing contest, I'll probably win. Unlike you, I do not pass some unearned moral judgement on women like Pamela Des Barres."

WOW lady, simmer down!

NOWHERE in this thread did I put down Pamela Des Barres. Those putdowns are coming some other person who is calling groupies "sluts" and "whores", not me. It's the same person posting here who can't even articulate their thoughts coherently, it ain't me doll!

Yeah, I've read your own story here: you were some type of dominatrix or hooker, with many famous clients. Yes, I know who you are here. You have your own little DL fan club of fans drooling for you stories, good for you. But you are not an expert on EVERY rock musician in the world and you must realize that. That would be impossible.

I've met Pamela several times through a famous guitarist friend of mine. I was a professional photographer working in the music scene way back when and I kept up with my musician friends and others on the music scene.

I have absolutely NO DESIRE to have a "pissing contest" with you or anyone else in this thread. You are the person looking for a pissing contest because you seem to have stories on every famous rocker in the universe. Then if someone comes here to give their opinions or experiences you shoot them down. By all means honey, you can win that contest.

Are you even old enough to know what went down with Zep when they hit the scene in the late 1960s? I doubt it.

I was always a huge Yardbirds, Cream and Zeppelin fan who just so happened to end up working in a field where I had access to rock musicians. I worked with them, I never fucked any of them. I wanted to keep my job, which I loved.

I have no idea where you get off attacking me. I was NOT the person here attacking Pamela.

btw, I didn't know there were "goth groupies" during the time Jimmy was on his underage groupie fucking frenzies. Jimmy was with Bebe, Pamela and Lori, IIRC, about 1974-75. There were no Goth groupies in those days. In you are going to come here putting posters down, get your god-damn facts straight.

by Anonymousreply 4503/26/2012

btw, Magdalene, Troll Dar is your friend. you can clearly SEE I am not the one putting down Pamela or groupies.

"Boys do not start bands because they dream of people like you redefining their legacy. They do it to get girls and maybe make some money. It isn't until they're old and rich do they change the story and become 'artists'.

Stop judging (resenting) the girls and women who were a part of something you will never experience. Your agenda is transparent, and you are doing no favors for the band's legacy. You can adore a band and not be an apologist for their behavior."

Where the fuck do you get off attacking me in this vicious manner?! I have no idea WTF you are going on about. "redefining their legacy", looool

FYI, I'm a gay man, shows you what an arrogant fool you are. You assumed I was a woman who was either jealous or judgmental about Pamela or groupies in general??!

As for Bebe Buell, I actually knew her through a close friend, a musician, who worked with Todd Rundgren, this was in the 1970s, were you even old enough to cross the street by yourself back then? Were you even born yet?

Bebe was bat-shit crazy when I hung with her, no one is going to tell me not to express MY thoughts about a person I actually knew!

You seem to go on about all the musicians you knew, but I'm figuring these relationships were quite fleeting and not exactly long lasting friendships. IIRC, you had posted on DL, you had met most of these famous musicians through your job as a dominatrix/hooker.

by Anonymousreply 4603/26/2012

People who slut shame are jealous as hell.

by Anonymousreply 4703/26/2012

"People who slut shame are jealous as hell."

Is English your second language? Just go away, you are so fucking annoying and sound downright ignorant.

If you don't have anything coherent to add to this thread, go play in some other thread here.

by Anonymousreply 4803/26/2012

One of my curious issues is why some women keep on insisting and boasting their 'achievement' long long time ago and for a very short time. Any of them could become girlfriend or long-term friend of any of rockers? What on earth the result is?

by Anonymousreply 4903/26/2012

[R47]

Good Luck,Miss Pamela!

by Anonymousreply 5003/26/2012

"I have some family shots of Jimmy Page from the 70's and from the late 2000's. You never can see such a photo. In the latter photo,he had a big and happy Christmas party with his family members,including his first (not legally married though) and last wives. Jimmy looks so happy there. The women whom I really envy are these women. You know what I mean?"

Are these photos from the Zep fanzine mentioned up thread? IIRC, it's called "Tight But Loose". I've seen the website.

I'm a big Zep fan, but I really don't participate in fanzines or go to many Zep websites.

Fan forum are too weird, a conversation/thread like this one could get a poster banned, because there are so many fans, not to mention the website's Administrator, who simply don't want to hear anything personal. Administrators don't think it's very cool to get too personal, as for the fans, many feel too much gossip tarnishes the image of the band they idolize!

There was a poster here, who went by the name Lefty, IIRC, he/she had been banned from a Zep forum for simply talking about the band and their groupie antics! I wonder if Lefty is posting in this thread. Lefty was informative without being rude and superior.

A thread like this would not fly at Zep's official message forum.

btw, I have some photos I took from the Melody Maker Awards from the 70s with Page, his daughter Scarlet and Maggie Bell. Similar photos are floating around online. Scarlet looked adorable and Jimmy looked completely stoned.

Maggie Bell was a doll, as usual. I first met Maggie at Max's Kansas City, she was a very cool woman, it was very tragic how her partner and band mate, Stone The Crow guitarist, Les had died, he was electrocuted before a gig.

by Anonymousreply 5103/26/2012

I guess [R42] is Pamela Des Barres. It's very much similar to Pamela's claims.

by Anonymousreply 5203/26/2012

Hey, crazy pants at R18, R22, R25, R29, R32, R33, R40, R45, R46, R48, R51, etc. Sorry to interrupt your personal bipolar party, but if you're going to keep quoting other posters so often at least use the proper goddamn code!

by Anonymousreply 5303/26/2012

Guitar World May issue 2007 Jimmy Page interview.(P.54)

***Led Zeppelin - In 1973, Led Zeppelin were flying high...in more ways than one. The story behind Houses of the Holy, the album that made the group international superstars.Jimmy said'We really only socialized when we were on the road.We all really came to value our family lives...Our families helped keep us sane.' ***

At the same time,he meant LZ guys certainly had an insane time even if it was short.hehe.

by Anonymousreply 5403/26/2012

First off, STFU R53. I'll quote another post however the fuck I want to.

As usual, a fun thread goes to hell thanks to resident bragger Magdalene. She never wastes one minute going on and on about all the famous people she 'knows' and her opinions on others who've had encounters with the famous.

This woman must realize that she's as much a gossiper as anyone else here, she expects her little DL Fan Club to hang one to her every word as being The Gospel Truth in Rockstar Gossip.

It's highly doubtful having sex sessions with the famous means she really knows the inner working of these people's minds. Most hookers don't become close fiends with their clients.

Ironically, she is always calling posters, who indeed might actually know some famous person on the level of having a real friendship, of trying to start "pissing contests" with her. It's the same old shit with her. The joke is, she's the one who comes here recounting her dominatrix/hooker/groupie days, always trying to sound superior to anyone else who mentions they know a famous rocker or a celebrity. I don't need to know how many lashes she gave to one of the guys in Metallica or how the band sucked her feet.

I could give a shit if Robert Plant's cock is permanently lodged down her throat, I find her always superior attitude very off-putting. Her posts inevitably always bring a thread down to the level of a pissing contests, exactly what she accuses so many others of doing!

by Anonymousreply 5503/29/2012

I rape grandmothers!

by Anonymousreply 5603/29/2012

"It's highly doubtful having sex sessions with the famous means she really knows the inner working of these people's minds."

Whereas you learned the inner working of their minds from reading Tiger Beat?

by Anonymousreply 5703/29/2012

Great comebacks from R56 and R57. Such brain trusts!

My point is, Magdalene has no right to bash ANYONE who posts here about their experiences or thoughts on groupies or rockstars. She's always posting as if she is THE AUTHORITY on rockstars and groupie relations. Sometimes she comes across as unhinged as Bebe Buell.

Magdalene is no more knowledgeable than anyone else who is/was been in a relationship or is/was a close friend with a famous musician, an actual relative of a famous musician or anyone who has continuously worked with famous musicians.

A hooker/sex worker, or whatever Magdalene calls what she did for a living which put her in contact with rockers OR any person who occasionally fucks different musicians, usually has a lot less insight to the musicians personality/life than a longtime friend, a lover, a close family member or a longtime employee.

Then, throw drugs and alcohol into the hooker/sex worker with rocker mix, I can assure you whatever bonding was going on must have been pretty damn superficial.

Magdalene is basically giving her opinions and observations here like everyone else is, it's quite hilarious that she doesn't see it. The fact that she has some fangurls here doesn't make her any sort of authority on groupies with rockers relationships.

Posters as R56 and R57 need to use their damn brains instead of posting glib juvenile responses to my posts!

by Anonymousreply 5803/30/2012

Oh, christ, is there some pathetic person trolling the internet for any mention of LZ and Pamela Des Barres?

You need a hobby dear.

by Anonymousreply 5903/30/2012

R60 both of you have way too much invested in this shit. I don't give a shit about either Pamela or Bebe. It's just harmless gossip. Who cares if it's true or not.

by Anonymousreply 6103/30/2012

[quote] I love Pamela Des Barres' books

Yes, we know, OP. You keep posting threads about the same tired-ass, has-been rockers and their elderly groupies. And there are always the same crazed arguments between two or three people proclaiming to be in-the-know about these wrinkle-assed senior citizens.

by Anonymousreply 6203/30/2012

"Yes, we know, OP. You keep posting threads about the same tired-ass, has-been rockers and their elderly groupies. And there are always the same crazed arguments between two or three people proclaiming to be in-the-know about these wrinkle-assed senior citizens."

I'm not the OP, but I see no difference between discussing "wrinkle-assed" old rockers and their groupies and the posts here obsessing and arguing over actors, actresses and porn actors.

It's the same old nonsense here ad nauseum. If it wasn't arguments over LOTR, it been rockers/groupies and whether or not Mariska is gay.

Rest assured, within the next few years YOU will be having the SAME EXACT ARGUMENTS on DL about current musicians, actors/actresses or porn actors.

It'll be the SAME subject: obsessing over famous peoples sex lives, only with different players. Nothing ever changes.

by Anonymousreply 6303/30/2012

I find it chilling that Pamela Des Barre's diary entries from when she was 15 years old sound exactly the same as stuff she's written as an adult in her twenties, thirties, forties and beyond. She has, and always will have, the mentality of anone too bright, immature, adoring teenage girl. Which is one reason why she was so popular as a groupie, I suppose. Well that and her expertise at cock sucking. In "I'm With The Band" she admits to being "very popular indeed" due to her propensity for providing oral sex to anybody who played a guitar.

by Anonymousreply 6403/30/2012

[quote]It'll be the SAME subject: obsessing over famous peoples sex lives, only with different players. Nothing ever changes.

Then GET LOST, you judgmental quotation-mark-obsessed cunt. No one cares what you think anyway.

by Anonymousreply 6503/30/2012

"Then GET LOST, you judgmental quotation-mark-obsessed cunt. No one cares what you think anyway."

You just don't get it, you BLOODY MORON, ha-ha! Someone needs to get laid and it's YOU! Ha-ha!

I enjoy these rock music discussions, I'm DEFENDING the person who loves Pamela Des Barres and her groupie gossip!

I was simply making a VALID POINT, that the asshole(s) who was so angry over the wrinkly old rockers, and their former conquests, needs to face the fact, that practically all the conversations here are about famous people's sex lives, so there's no harm in discussing a groupie's sex life.

READ, COMPREHEND and LEARN!

by Anonymousreply 6603/30/2012

'I find it chilling that Pamela Des Barre's diary entries from when she was 15 years old sound exactly the same as stuff she's written as an adult in her twenties, thirties, forties and beyond. She has, and always will have, the mentality of anone too bright, immature, adoring teenage girl. Which is one reason why she was so popular as a groupie, I suppose. Well that and her expertise at cock sucking. In "I'm With The Band" she admits to being "very popular indeed" due to her propensity for providing oral sex to anybody who played a guitar.'

I don’t think she actually and correctly had kept a diary from her teens. It is SURE there are so many errors about Led Zep and Jimmy Page in her book. She wrote as if she was Page's real girlfriend in earlier days and later became his important friend,but it was a big LIE.

I don't understand at all why anyone has not checked out if her claims were correct. The correct timeline of tour dates and places of every rock band can be seen here and there. Pamela's fabrications on LZ are so malicious. Perhaps only Robert Plant just didn't notice it. It seems he had a sympathy for every kind of women in the past.

One of my friends once asked Richard Cole (by e-mail) if Pamela really attended the Elvis Presley concert at Las Ves International Hotel with Jimmy Page and Robert Plant (at the front row table!) on August 1969,despite LZ guys took their wives then. Cole answered her 'She MIGHT have been there.' He doesn't write Pamela was there with them in his book.

by Anonymousreply 6703/30/2012

I think it a big tragedy many people believe and admire such a liar and a fraud like Pamela Des Barres. It's about time for them to notice the reality.

by Anonymousreply 6803/30/2012

Okay, who is this unhinged Pamela hater? Get help. It's gotten to the point of being sad.

by Anonymousreply 6903/30/2012

Didn't Jimmy Page called Pamela a bimbo and Bebe Buell a coke whore? I think we understand how rockers felt about groupies by it.

by Anonymousreply 7003/30/2012

[R69] I don't mind at all you love groupies' fantasy stories or Miss P's lovely fiction.

by Anonymousreply 7103/30/2012

There are many Pamela haters,but they are just silent. As far as I know,many of them join Led Zep official forum. They don't like any topics on groupies.

by Anonymousreply 7203/30/2012

[quote] Rest assured, within the next few years YOU will be having the SAME EXACT ARGUMENTS on DL about current musicians, actors/actresses or porn actors.

I've been here since 1998 and have not yet had any SAME EXACT ARGUMENTS about any musicians, actors/actresses or porn stars.

But then, I'm not obsessive compulsive with a need to repetitively revisit subjects when there's nothing new to say or to constantly revisit the same arguments with the same people.

by Anonymousreply 7303/30/2012

Pamela had the good taste to boink Jimmy when he was young & hot. He has not aged well.

by Anonymousreply 7403/30/2012

[R74] That is YOUR (or Miss P's? lol) opinion,not others.

Jimmy Page matures gracefully. He has a very good relationship with all of his ex TRUE ladies(they are THREE women in all) and five children and two grandchildren. He call all of them 'a close knit family'. They gather occasionally at Jimmy's house where is located near London,which is a very large manor house. ANY of ex-groupies are NEVER invited to that house. These are the basic knowledge of him for real fans.

by Anonymousreply 7503/30/2012

"Jimmy Page matures gracefully. He has a very good relationship with all of his ex TRUE ladies(they are THREE women in all) and five children and two grandchildren."

Page has five children? I always thought he had only two with Jemina, the third child with her was actually a child she had before meeting him. You can see how much the younger two with Jemina look like him.

Then, there's the eldest Scarlet with model Charlotte Martin and James Jr, the son he had with the American waitress he married. Unless there's another child which just surfaced, I think he only has four biological children.

Wish Lefty was here to verify!

by Anonymousreply 7603/31/2012

[R76]

Yes,you are right. Jimmy has four ‘’biological’’ children, but legally five children because he adopted one with Jimena.

by Anonymousreply 7703/31/2012

Isn't only Charlotte Martin who was with J Page during his heyday? She lived at boathouse,Plumpton Place,Tower House and Old Mill House. They are really lovely places. I've never heard he lived with other woman in the 70's. What a lucky girl!

by Anonymousreply 7803/31/2012

'You can see how much the younger two with Jemina look like him.'

I always think Scarlet most looks like Jimmy.

by Anonymousreply 7903/31/2012

R78, IIRC, Charlotte Martin was Page's main live-in girlfriend also through the early 1980s.

Charlotte was definitely his only live-in girlfriend during the entire 1970s, despite Bebe Buell claiming to have had several trysts with Page at his London residence while he was living with Charlotte. Bebe went on to say that Page "begged" her to leave Todd Rundgren and move in with him.

I gather the London residence Bebe was referring to was Tower House, it would have been nice had she done some actual research! Tower House is a gorgeous and historic building, I found it extremely odd that she barely mentioned much about the building.

Then again, Bebe was way too busy going on about not being a groupie and how beautiful she was! Bebe comes across as completely self absorbed, downright stupid and pathetic.

I suppose Charlotte could have been somewhere else while Page was with Bebe at Tower House, perhaps on a modeling assignment or at another one of his houses? But, I take whatever Bebe says with a very large grain of salt!

The unbending rule for Zeppelin was to NEVER take a groupie to their homes back in the UK, so I tend to think the ever delusional Bebe was lying, once again.

Also interesting to note in that in all the years Page owned Aleister Crowley's Boleskine House, in Loch Ness, he barely spent one month their in total! If Bebe ever wrote about spending time in Boleskine, you know she's lying!

When Page and Charlotte broke up he bought her a house and has helped her financially over the years. IIRC, she's now married to an antiques dealer.

by Anonymousreply 8003/31/2012

[R80] I totally agree with you about Bebe Buell.I don't believe any of Bebe's claims,especially about Jimmy Page. She’s much worse than other groupies. She was JUST a groupie in those days even if she did deny it.

I saw her crazy rants on Groupie Central and I thought she really had a mental illness. I heard from someone that she had an almost one-nighter with Jimmy in Los Angels and just ran after him to London,although she claimed she was invited to his home. But this is one of her many lies.

I also heard she had mostly spent at Ronnie Wood’s home in London because Jimmy didn’t want to meet her. I guess he just wanted to test the effect of cocaine while having sex by using her in LA. If I were him I think I didn’t want to use the mother of my child for it. I’m sure Jimmy sincerely loved only Charlotte in those days,but he did have ‘lusts’ as he admitted at that time in a interview after 02 reunion concert. He also said in 2007 that 'Our families helped keep us sane’’. He had certainly an insane days sometimes in the 70’s,but it didn’t last longer. According to Dave Lewis’s Tight But Loose magazines, some people who visited Plumpton Place and Old Mill House in the middle of the 70’s - early 80’s, told the magazines that when they went to Jimmy’s homes he was always with Charlotte and Scarlet at home, and that Charlotte called him ’James’. I don’t know why they broke up (maybe because of drug and alcohol?) despite they had lived together through the LZ days, but as you said, she was definitely only true love for him in the 70’s. Bebe should admit that truth.

by Anonymousreply 8203/31/2012

I'm not r81 but I wouldn't consider that a handsome face. You do realize beauty is subjective, right?

by Anonymousreply 8403/31/2012

However,none of Zeppelin separated from their wives and children in LZ heyday though they had so many sex on the road. Peter Grant once told the writer boys had no problems in real life. I often imagine they possibly had paid money to girls whom the band had hired during tours. And the wives recognized tour behaviors of their husbands.

by Anonymousreply 8503/31/2012

R84, Page, Plant and John Paul Jones were not ugly as R81 suggests.

You do realize what the word ugly means don't you?

Page is British and Asian, he's always been exotic looking.

None of Zeppelin were ugly men, they've been some truly ugly British and American rockers (Lemmy, Joe Perry, Steve Tyler, Alice Cooper etc), Zep were not in that category. Sure they're old now, everyone gets old.

Robert Plant was sexy as hell, Page had a sort of Pre-Raphealite ethereal foppish beauty, especially when his hair was super long and he wore velvets and brocades.

Page had the sort of foppish style that only an Englishman of that era could pull off without being considered gay.

I don't know if you remember when Prince was wearing the same type of Edwardian clothes, that both Hendrix and Page were wearing in the 1960s, and how a lot people were claiming Prince was gay because of his clothing choices! In the era of Hendrix and early Zeppelin, a guy dressing in that foppish manner drove women wild!

John Paul Jones was also handsome and Bonzo Bonham had a sexy rugged working class look. Not an ugly guy in the bunch!

by Anonymousreply 8603/31/2012

I've read somewhere Bebe Buell really loved (only)Elvis Costello. She had serious relationships with ugly men.

by Anonymousreply 8703/31/2012

Pamela Des Barres's best partner is Michael Des Barres by far. After all she was loved by only him. She was more lucky than other groupies.

by Anonymousreply 8803/31/2012

Page was always the least attractive to me, but the others look good in that pic you posted.

by Anonymousreply 8903/31/2012

I don't think Jimmy Page is so beautiful too, but I must admit he had a strange attraction when he was young.

by Anonymousreply 9003/31/2012

"I've read somewhere Bebe Buell really loved (only)Elvis Costello. She had serious relationships with ugly men."

From reading her book, she appears to regard him as the great love of her life. It's incredibly funny how she describes their groupie/rock star relationship (that's all it really was) as one of the great love stories of all time.

She did (does?) have a preference for ugly men: Todd Rundgren, Stephen Tyler, Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart, Elvis Costello. And Stiv Bators! My God, Stive Bators looked like he was dying from syphllis. And she fucked him! And was photographed kissing his slimy tongue! She said in her book she was attracted to him because he looked like a rat or a weasel (she liked rats and weasels). Bebe Buell is one truly fucked up slut.

"Pamela Des Barres's best partner is Michael Des Barres by far. After all she was loved by only him. She was more lucky than other groupies."

They were not a happily ever after love story. He was married when they first hooked up. After he married her he was rampantly unfaithful to her (what did she expect? He was a drug-addicted third rate rock star). And they eventually divorced. Not so lucky.

by Anonymousreply 9103/31/2012

Wish I could find the old photo of Page where he looks exactly like actress Katherine Moennig.

There was a Page fan here on DL, whon thought he also looked like Cote de Pablo from 'NCIS", when he was young, and he actually did.

I've aalwayslso found Page very exotic, mysterious and talented, even though Zep sure did rip off black American bluesmen, English folkies Bert Jansch and Davey Graham and totally ripped off "Dazed & Confused" (words & music) from American singer Jake Holmes, they were such a great live band who put out amazing records, I forgave them!

by Anonymousreply 9203/31/2012

He looks like Babs Bush now! I stand by my contention that Pam nabbed him at his hottest. (Plant was always hotter though.)

by Anonymousreply 9303/31/2012

'I stand by my contention that Pam nabbed him at his hottest.’

Was it by one-nighter or one-tour stand? I don’t think Pam was going out with JP. She had just sex with him one or at least two times. Just encounter to him on the road as same as other many groupies. In 1969, JP didn’t have any steady girlfriend yet.

by Anonymousreply 9403/31/2012

I think an American girl named Lynn Collins was JP’s GF in 1969, whom JP stole from Steven Tyler at Boston Tea Party concert. Their relationship was very short, but they certainly became a couple.

by Anonymousreply 9503/31/2012

The women who tend to appeal about JP exaggeratedly in a loud voice have the very thin relationships with him in fact. And most of them were so jealous of Charlotte Martin. She and JP still remain silent about their relationship, so many people take advantage of it.

by Anonymousreply 9603/31/2012

"I've read somewhere Bebe Buell really loved (only)Elvis Costello. She had serious relationships with ugly men."

I think you should have written: Bebe Buell had relationships with some seriously ugly men, that seems more fitting!

by Anonymousreply 9704/01/2012

The gorgeous American model Catherine James had a brief fling with Page, but she doesn't make as much of it as Bebe, Lori Maddox or Pamela did, Catherine simply said it would have never worked out. Catherine seemed much more independent than the rest of these women.

Pre-modeling, hanging with and marrying a rocker, Catherine had a devastating life, she wrote a book too. She came from a very bizarre family, her father was a transvestite and her mom was mentally ill and abusive. No wonder she ran away from home to join the Warhol crowd in New York, where she started modeling. Catherine is featured in the Rolling Stone 1969 Groupie issue.

The guitarist she married was Denny Laine, from The Moody Blues and Wings, he was very abusive.

Page was clearly stringing along a bunch of women while on the road, when he knew he had a woman and a child at home.

Perhaps he should have given the women he met while touring, some credit, that they too perhaps understood that the relationships were going to be short lived, just for the duration of a tour? But he seemed to feed into their delusions about a relationship. Especially with Lori Maddox, who it's said could never have a normal relationship after Page dumped her.

Page used these young women as much as they used him for his fame. Though, for some of them, Bebe, Pamela and the sad mentally challenged Lori Maddox, they all believed they were in relationships with him.

by Anonymousreply 9804/01/2012

I knew a New York/California based groupie back in the day, she was gorgeous, she could have been a model, but she had a trust fund and spent her time running after rockers and getting addicted to heroin.

She was with both Plant and Page, not at the same time, she preferred Plant. She said Plant was much nicer than Page, there was something about Page which creeped her out.

She died sometime in the 80s of AIDS.

I'm surprised Zep never caught AIDS, considering the amount of women they fucked without condoms and the amount of intravenous drugs people like Page consumed. Not to mention, Lord knows what the women got up to when they weren't fucking Zep, after all these chicks weren't waiting around for the next Zep tour, being a groupie was their job.

by Anonymousreply 9904/01/2012

'Catherine is featured in the Rolling Stone 1969 Groupie issue.'

Pamela Des Barres too. I think you mean that book is by Baron Wolman. Do you know Ross Halfin who is a notable photographer and a close mate of Jimmy Page? He slammed that book and all featured girls on his blog last year (February 4).

He wrote 'Looked at Rolling Stone's book on groupies,with photographs by the great Baron Wolman...People must have been on some strong hallucinogenic drugs. Or they had bad eye sight,'cos the girls are truly UGLY. how could you get an erection over Harlow or Sunshine? Fuck,I'd rather sleep with Peter Makowski than any of them. Perhaps they should have called the book 'Groupies and Other Ugly Girls'....I'll take a night ogling in Hakkasan any day.'

When I read this entry I thought Jimmy Page really didn’t love both of Pamela and Catherine. They were not even his girlfriends. It is often said that Halfin speaks Page's opinions for him.

by Anonymousreply 10004/01/2012

'Page was clearly stringing along a bunch of women while on the road, when he knew he had a woman and a child at home.'

It was maybe an interesting game to him. Road life is full of stress. When he came back to home in UK he might have revived his true self.

It's so sad for girls. I think JP was far from the man who wanted 'a relationship' with groupies. Girls should have noticed it! Robert was/is a kind man to all the women!

Jimmy called Charlotte Martin 'my lady' and frequently had parties for her at their home. Perhaps he loved and respected only her. I heard they're still regularly having meals.

by Anonymousreply 10104/01/2012

"I think you mean that book is by Baron Wolman. Do you know Ross Halfin who is a notable photographer and a close mate of Jimmy Page? He slammed that book and all featured girls on his blog last year (February 4). "

There was actually an issue of Rolling Stone dedicated to groupies, IIRC it was a 1969 issue. It's probably online at the RS website. One of the GTOa, Miss Christine, IIRC, was on the cover. I have this issue somewhere.

I saved all the Rolling Stone death issues, Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison and the Joe Dallesandro issue. I basically saved a lot of music memorabilia, I sold a ton of it to a friend who owns an indie record shop.

Anyway, Catherine is in that RS issue holding the baby she had with Denny Laine. This was back when RS mag was a fold over large format newspaper. Miss Pamela and the GTOs were also in this issue, as were The Plaster Casters. Catherine James and Miss Pamela were by far the best looking groupies featured in that special Groupies issue.

I haven't see the Baron Wolman Groupie book, though I'm pretty sure the photos included in his book have been culled from those late 1960s Rolling Stone Groupie issue photo sessions.

As far as Ross Halfin, IMHO, he's merely an OK music photographer, he's no different that any other music photographer who has access to situations due to being so close to famous rockers. Most people can get great shots if they are leaning on a concert stage! His studio portraits are unmemorable.

I give more credit to people like Kevin Mazur, who have actually worked their way up the ranks to their current status. Kevin doesn't act starstruck or nasty to fans as Halfin does. No wonder so many rockers hire Kevin to photograph their tours, Kevin is unobtrusive and does his job..

Halfin's blog gives me the vibe that all he wants to do is brag about knowing famous rockers. Who cares who he hangs with. He needs to focus on his photography and STFU.

Now Halfin's speaking for Jimmy? What a joke. I read his blog a few times years ago, I was bored by all his name dropping, he's tedious. I also can't stand his fake tan! He seems to need to be photographed with every rocker he knows, yet he slams groupies, but he appears to be one himself! He's starstruck!

Ross is not the friendliest of people and has been known to be quite rude to Page's fans. That's immature behaviour for such an old guy. Jimmy should simply hire a bodyguard if he's annoyed by fans, instead he seems to always invite Halfin to events, which is kind of odd. Halfin has become Page's unpaid bodyguard!

It's interesting how Halfin can slam Wolman's book, especially as he was probably a teen when Woman's book came out!

The late 1960s was a different time for rock photography and was certainly a new era for groupies! Halfin doesn't seem to have any insight as to that era of music, it's so easy for him to slam something when he were never part of that era and he's never attempted to researched Baron Woman's work, he just goes by one book?!

Wolman was one of the top music photographers back in the 1960s, he was mostly known for portraits. I was never impressed with Halfin's work, he really needs to take his blabbing down a few notches. Halfin's photography should speak for itself, but it doesn't, so he constantly needs to name drop about all his rocker pals! Ha!

by Anonymousreply 10204/01/2012

All you cunts that are slagging Magdalene, shut the fuck up. It's gossip, don't take it so fucking seriously.

by Anonymousreply 10304/01/2012

[R102] I understand you hate Halfin. But wasn't he a mentor to Page's daughter? Page would not have left his child to someone whom he didn't trust.

by Anonymousreply 10404/01/2012

"I understand you hate Halfin. But wasn't he a mentor to Page's daughter? Page would not have left his child to someone whom he didn't trust."

"Hate" is a very strong word to use about someone I don't know. I don't 'hate' Halfin, I just don't think he's that great a music photographer. He was in the right place at the right time, he met some famous rockers who helped him. IIRC, he started at CIRCUS magazine, that's where his photos were published in the US, CIRCUS is now defunct. I think he's Australian.

I also don't enjoy reading blogs where people constantly name check every celebrity they hang out with. Even for a str8 men, which I assume Halfin is, he seems like a male groupie, only difference is, he has a camera, so that legitimizes him. The way he fawns and kisses-ass with these rockers, is ridiculous.

Scarlet did go to art college and studied photography, she was hardly a child when she was mentored by Halfin, it wasn't as if she moved in with him! I think her mentoring consisted of her shooting gigs and portaits with Halfin.

Rest assured, Scarlet Page would have made it without any help from Halfin, her last name alone would have gotten her in the door.

I know nothing about Page's relationship with Halfin, how they became friends etc. I recall reading that most of Page's close friendships were outside the music world.

What's odd is that Halfin seems like the type of sycophant that Page wouldn't give the time of day to. I guess there is something Page gets out of the friendship, free publicity photos? Unpaid bodyguard at music oriented events?

I remember reading that Halfin got surly with some fan who approached Jimmy at some event in London. Sorry, this guy sounds like an ass. Fans were allowed to attend, so did Halfin assume not one of them would approach Page?!!

by Anonymousreply 10504/02/2012

Zepplin sucks. Deal.

by Anonymousreply 10604/02/2012

"Zepplin sucks. Deal."

Aren't you the Rhodes Scholar, loool

If you are going to proclaim that anyone "sucks" (are you 12?) please get the spelling correct. It's Zeppelin.

I'm sure there are a hundred other DL threads where you can go make a fool of yourself, why not go and play there, little boy?

I never quite understand why these moronic annoying people on DL enter threads they have no interest in. Just to make some stupid comment? DL used to be a great place to discuss, well, anything, without being annoyed by trolls.

I never go into DL threads I don't care about. It seems DL is now filled with tedious ignorant trolls.

by Anonymousreply 10704/02/2012

Someone on this thread really needs to get a fucking life.

by Anonymousreply 10804/02/2012

I'm starting to agree R108. This was fun at the beginning but now it's getting downright disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 10904/02/2012

[R102]

I think Rolling Stone's groupies book was certainly photographed by Baron wolman. I agree that Pamela Des Barres and Catherine James are pretty among all groupies here. I don't understand why Ross Halfin abused that they were ugly.

by Anonymousreply 11004/02/2012

All the ignoramus, R106 and R108, has contributed to this thread is to utter Led Zeppelin "sucks" and "blows". By those lofty proclamations, this asshole could have posted "sucks" or "blows" to describe ANY celebrity or musician who is discussed on DL.

Since they've contributed nothing but negativity to this thread, their 'opinions' mean nothing.

"TROLL Be Gone!:, it comes in a can, spray some on this idiot. Pfffffft!

by Anonymousreply 11104/03/2012

"I think Rolling Stone's groupies book was certainly photographed by Baron wolman. I agree that Pamela Des Barres and Catherine James are pretty among all groupies here. I don't understand why Ross Halfin abused that they were ugly."

Thanks for the Baron Wolman link. I'd forgotten about Jenny Dean, she was also a well known groupie, but kept a low profile, compared to Pamela and Bebe.

A songwriter friend knew Jenny quite well, Jenny was living in NY at the time. Jenny actually dated the original choice for the lead singer in Led Zeppelin, Terry Reid.

Dean was also involved with Jimi Hendrix.

by Anonymousreply 11204/03/2012

Good thing you have Fred Zepplin in your life otherwise it would be completely empty.

by Anonymousreply 11304/03/2012

WHY the HATE, WHY the TROLLING? WHY the STALKING, because that's exactly WHAT you are doing moron.

If anyone doesn't have a life it's YOU R106, R108, R113.

If you hate Zep so much WTF are you even in this thread?

You are absolutely as pathetic as Bebe Buell, with the intellect of a dried up pea. And the comedic talent of a bird's turd.

by Anonymousreply 11404/03/2012

Why can't DL get rid of these trolling teens and/or angry ReThuglicans with too much time on their hands who have now permeated DL?

They shit all over threads they have absolutely no interest in other than to stalk and annoy posters.

On the other hand, R106, R108, R113, could simply be a friend of Magdalene's sent here because I called her on her non-stop one upmanship towards any poster who mentions they knew a rocker or have worked in the music business.

by Anonymousreply 11504/03/2012

I opened the thread because I *THOUGHT* the main focus was going to be on Pamela Des Barres.... and it was!! That is until some ugly, old, drugged out, trolling, hippy bitch decided to turn it into a Fred Zepplin cock sucking fest. Go away grandma, and take your shitty Zeppling records with you.

by Anonymousreply 11604/03/2012

The over-the-top viciousness of some posters here on DL never ceases to amaze me, there are clearly a ton of psychos posting on DL these days. DL was NEVER this horrible and juvenile.

R106, R108, R113, R116, you have contributed ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but VITRIOL and INVECTIVES to this thread. NO ONE HAS STOPPED YOU FROM CONTRIBUTING, from adding YOUR views on Pamela Des Barres. You seem to be content merely being a name calling moron, cursing me out, calling me juvenile names and basically arguing over NOTHING.

You only have FOUR posts in this entire thread and ALL FOUR OF THOSE POSTS ARE ON THIS FUCKING PAGE, so CUT THE BULLSHIT that you are were interested in discussing something, you're not. IF you wanted to post, you could have simply posted SOMETHING.

If you actually READ some of my posts, you nasty, illiterate piece of shit, instead of viciously attacking me for absolutely NO REASON, other than not liking what I wrote, you would have been able to figure out that: I'm not a "grandma", I'm a gay man who has worked in the music business, since I was a teen, so that hardly makes me "old". Ugly? Not at all. How'd you get that one? X-ray eyes?

I don't take drugs, a "hippy"? naaah, never. It's downright fucking AMAZING that you got ALL THAT information about me from my posts. loooool

I can only imagine the crappy soul sucking job you must have, because you sound like a totally miserable evil human being. From your vicious over-the-top rantings, you seem quite sad, juvenile and extremely pathetic.

Though, I really don't think you are a Pamela fan at all, I think you are simply trolling for an argument and possibly getting turned on by me responding to your half-wit posts.

First off, the ONLY claim to fame for groupies, such as Pamela and Bebe IS, the fact that they have FUCKED LED ZEPPELIN and a host of other famous rockers, so, it stands to reason that a thread about Pamela Des Barrres WOULD VEER into a discussion about Page/Zep. You're not very bright, are you?

A person who has to depend on vile language and name calling to get their point across, isn't very intelligent.

You clearly can not be a DL regular, because if you were, you'd already know that most DL threads NEVER STAY ON TOPIC. Attacking someone so viciously because a thread veered OFF TOPIC, well, you sound as bat-shit crazy and unhinged as Bebe Buell,

Some advice, stay away from alcohol and the recreational drugs, BUT do make sure to stay on your anti-psychotic meds! Doll, if you're not on them, DO look into getting some, you REALLY NEED some serious medical attention!

by Anonymousreply 11704/04/2012

First off, the ONLY claim to fame for groupies, such as Pamela and Bebe IS, the fact that they have FUCKED LED ZEPPELIN

And you're insanely jealous of them, aintcha, Blanche?

by Anonymousreply 11804/04/2012

I really can not understand why some women are jealous of (ex) groupies like Pamela or Bebe. They were just used and dumped by many famous men. I envy wives or real girlfriends of famous rockers !!!

by Anonymousreply 11904/05/2012

"And you're insanely jealous of them, aintcha, Blanche?"

IS THAT THE BEST COMEBACK YOU CAN COME UP WITH?

You are PATHOLOGICALLY DERANGED, PLEASE get HELP FOR YOUR MENTAL ILLNESS.

I'm a gay man, NOT a "Blanche". Man, you are fucking tedious.

I've worked in the music business (photographer, advertising) and was never jealous of any groupie. I've met many, some were very sweet and fun as Pamela, others as Bebe were bat-shit crazy and liars.

I see you are going to continue to twist this thread into a poster (me) being jealous of groupies, how pathetic are you?

Clearly I'm not jealous of any groupie, I was simply MAKING A POINT that ANY discussion about Bebe Buell and Pamela Des Barres would INEVITABLY turn into a discussion involving Led Zeppelin OR Jimmy Page. because BOTH women had fucked Page. How incredibly stupid are you?

You are a troll, a TEDIOUS DERANGED TROLL.

You have NOTHING to add to this thread but JUVENILE INVECTIVES, GET A FUCKING LIFE.

by Anonymousreply 12004/05/2012

Um R120 what's your deal? You use allcaps and accuse others of trolling but you are the one who comes across as sort of loony with your SCREAMING insults.

I think you need to loosen up with the groupie thing and find some other interest. You light up this thread in yellow but don't seem to appear in any other threads. As far as being a gay man...if you say so but you don't type like one.

by Anonymousreply 12104/05/2012

I know Pamela was fascinated by Mary Magdalene and referred to her as the first groupie, so could that be her posting on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 12204/05/2012

PDB must be addicted to the taste of cock. Personally, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.

x

by Anonymousreply 12404/05/2012

You are a troll, a TEDIOUS DERANGED TROLL.

Oh, the irony!

by Anonymousreply 12504/05/2012

"I think you need to loosen up with the groupie thing and find some other interest. You light up this thread in yellow but don't seem to appear in any other threads. As far as being a gay man...if you say so but you don't type like one."

I'm not even going to answer the person who keeps trolling and stalking me, he/she is pathetic, unhinged and fixated, but I will answer your post.

I simply added my thoughts here on Pamela Des Barres, Jimmy Page and others in the music scene, my posts have been no more offensive than any of the posts here on DL.

Yet I'm being cited for exactly what? My thoughts and perhaps providing some information to some other music fans? It's all been quite benign, until the troll started attacking me.

What about the non-stop posts here on DL about actors, actresses, porn actors and others ad nauseun? This wacko person came here and fixated on my posts. I never attacked them first, in fact, I attacked no one in this thread except the juvenile person who attacked me.

Magdalene actually attacked me too, in addition to anyone else who was putting down groupies, she came right in here to start a pissing contest. Yeah, I've read her posts over the years, talk about repeating the same information ad nauseum. It's OK for her to do so, but not OK for another poster?

If you notice, the person attacking me contributed NOTHING to this thread but their verbal attacks towards me. Yet you seem to side with this unhinge individual?

You must agree anyone who keeps posting that (fill in the blank) SUCKS IT HARD, BLOWS and adds absolutely nothing positive to a thread, is not at all stable, is probably a teen, is clearly a troll and is basically here to argue.

btw, WHY are you Troll Dar-ing ME? You actually care where else I've posted on DL, what business it it what threads I post in? I post in many threads on DL, knock yourself out wasting time to see where I've posted. I've been on DL since around 1998. Have fun!

How the hell would you known HOW a gay man types? That statement doesn't make much sense at all. Should I be drooling over some actors 'trouser tenting', 'treasure trails', some gay-for-pay pornstar or argue that Mariska is gay? Would posting in those cliched threads prove I'm a gay man?

Like lesbians and str8 people, we are all different. Gay men can be all shapes and sizes, we all can actually act differently (imagine that!), have various levels of intelligence etc.

Not all gay men enjoy listening to show tunes, you must understand that, I've always preferred rock music and jazz over Broadway, so shoot me.

To make a ridiculous statement that I don't type 'gay' is really silly and obnoxious. It's just as silly as "You type fat."

by Anonymousreply 12604/05/2012

For the person interested in photographer Baron Wolman's Rolling Stone Groupie issue, here's the cover.

btw, Wolman was RS mag's first official photographer before Annie Leibovitz.

by Anonymousreply 12704/05/2012

Here's Cynthia and Diane, The Plaster Casters....and some of their work.

by Anonymousreply 12804/05/2012

[quote]btw, WHY are you Troll Dar-ing ME?

Because dear you seem to have a fixation with this groupie thing and won't let it go.

by Anonymousreply 12904/05/2012

Magdalene = Pamela !?(LOL)

by Anonymousreply 13004/05/2012

In the 70's,it is clear that groupies were considered whores. So I think Pamela is very hard working to improve the status of groupies.

by Anonymousreply 13104/05/2012

"Because dear you seem to have a fixation with this groupie thing and won't let it go."

What a lame response, ha!

This is probably one of the few times, DEAR, where I've posted in a thread about groupies.

A person who uses Troll Dar to see what other threads another poster has posted in, has way too much time on their hands and you know it.

Only on DL can a fun thread turn to absolute shit due to a few people who come into threads they aren't interested in. They come into threads to badger others, there is no purpose for them to be her except to torment others.

What business is it of yours if I want to add info about groupies? It's just another SUBJECT here, period. You are the person who seems fixated on ME, looool

Do YOU go into the male pornstar threads, then tell the guys there to stop FIXATING over porn actors, somehow I highly doubt it.

Get a life and a hobby.

by Anonymousreply 13204/06/2012

"Magdalene = Pamela !?(LOL)"

It's doubtful Magdalene is Pamela Des Barres, Pamela wasn't an S&M hooker, nt to my knowledge, if Pamela was, she would have written about it.

by Anonymousreply 13304/06/2012

I have a life hon. You don't have anything except trolling about LZ. From your LOL's to your allcaps I'd say you are about 12. Does mommy know you are on a gay website?

by Anonymousreply 13404/06/2012

ANd I thought the Madonna and Janet Jackson fans were batshit crazy. Those queens have nothing on this looney tunes Zepplin lovin' cunt!

by Anonymousreply 13504/06/2012

"For the person interested in photographer Baron Wolman's Rolling Stone Groupie issue, here's the cover."

Boy, that groupie on the cover is UGLY. Several of the GTO's were, too. The Plaster Casters were fat pigs. But I guess it didn't matter what they looked like as long as they did whatever they were told to do by the rock stars who used them.

by Anonymousreply 13604/07/2012

Miss Pamela's E True Hollywood Story can be found on YouTube. It is pretty cool.

by Anonymousreply 13704/19/2012

Her stories are certainly interesting. Though I don't know how much of those stories are true.

by Anonymousreply 13804/20/2012

Probably 70% of her stories are fake, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 13908/29/2012

Legendary whore!

by Anonymousreply 14009/18/2012

As much as I would love to have been a groupie just to do it with Jimmy Page, or to have been his wife or something (*sigh*). Thinking about it, Jimmy has never stayed with any of his wives, and even when he was with them, he was constantly on tour, and cheating on them with a bunch of groupies, who (as expected) ended up falling in love with him and getting their little 14-year-old hearts shattered when he dumped them and moved on (Lori Maddox). Then his wives (mostly Charlotte) were probably depressed, because they were well aware that he was cheating on them. And even though Jimmy did indeed love some of those women, (especially his wife) I think he never really felt satisfied. My main point is that I don't think I would have wanted to be any of the women in his life, because yes, the time they were with him was great, but it always led to heartbreak, and JIMMY PAGE doesn't seem like the kind of person you just simply "get over". Moral: It is not worth being with someone who is never satisfied. No matter if it is Jimmy (sexy-ass-guitar-god) Page. Plus, I know it's never gonna happen for me anyway, I'm just saying...

HOWEVER: If I actually got the chance to be with Jimmy Page, I would not hesitate to take it. But looking back, I'm not really JEALOUS of the women he has been with per say. Because where the fuck are they now?

Also, to answer the MAIN question, or statement. No, I didn't really like Pamela Des Barres' book, because it really did sound like too-good-to-be-true bullshit. Too fabricated, yes it was kind of amusing at times, but the fact that she calls that a true story kinda turned me off about it. I don't really want Jimmy Page to release an autobiography,because their mysteriosity is part of what makes LZ so fucking awesome, especially Jimmy. Plus, I like investigating and getting over-excited about little pieces of information I find, because you just cherish it more, then at some point you give up and accept their secrecy and mysteriosity (I'm not there yet lol), but yeah, that's just me :)

by Anonymousreply 14105/20/2013

To 141

You perhaps see only the surface of Jimmy Page. Well, it's natural as he has never showed himself to public. I think he did not think he cheated his wives, because he never thought 'he fell in love' with other women like groupies.

Read the book 'Light And Shade'(his first oral autobiography) by Brad Tolinski.You'll know his way of thinking on tour lives. He simply said 'You just ate it up and drank it down. Why not?' Not only Jimmy but also other band members did use groupies for their physical lust on the road, but none of them lost their family lives in their heyday.Jimmy constantly said it. But some people who are fond of salacious stories don't want to believe it.(lol) I hope people to learn about more truths.

by Anonymousreply 14205/26/2013

In addtion,as far as I know, Pamela Des Barres was/is so ignorant of Jimmy Page. I found so many faults in her books! A lot of her claims on Jimmy and Led Zeppelin did not match with LZ history (tour dates or venues etc)at all.

I think Pamela just wrote her dreams to sell books, though she might have had a sex with him sometime in the 60's.

Lori Maddox is much better than Pamela. Lori finally find her TRUE love and now she looks so happy.

by Anonymousreply 14305/26/2013

The interviewer 'How did the four members of Zeppelin interact on a personal level? Was everything as smooth internally as it appeared to be?'

Jimmy Page 'I think the atmosphere in Led Zeppelin was always an encouraging one. We all wanted to see the music get better. And part of the reason things ran smoothly is that I had the last decision on everything. I was the producer, so there weren’t going to be any fights.

The atmosphere was always very professional. I was meticulous with my studio notes, and everybody knew that they would get proper credit, so everything was fine.

Another key: we all lived in different parts of the country, so when we came off the road we didn’t really see each other. I think that helped. We really only socialized when we were on the road. We all really came to value our family lives, especially after being on the road so much, which is how it should be. It helped create a balance in our lives. Our families helped keep us sane.'

by Anonymousreply 14405/26/2013

I honestly wished that Pamela Des Barres had never written a book about her groupie experience. Plus, not every woman who was a groupie from the 1960's and 1970's will be writing books about their groupie experiences. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 14505/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.