Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Phyllis Schlafly Gay Son ***DOES NOT*** Support Same-Sex Marriage.

John Schlafly asked if he supports his mother's signature issue of the week -- a constitutional ban on gay marriage -- he stops for a moment to collect his thoughts.

"I think the traditional definition of marriage has served our society well, and it shouldn't be changed," says John Schlafly, choosing his words slowly. "That was the law in every state, and still is except for certain court decisions. I don't see why there's anything wrong with it."

"It doesn't prevent gays from living their personal lives any way they choose," he said quietly, "Gays have all the same civil and political rights as everyone else. The rights guaranteed by our Constitution."

by Anonymousreply 12303/05/2015

wow is he delusional.

I can't believe Phyllis is still kicking.

by Anonymousreply 208/12/2011

He's not stupid. He know if he bucks mommy dearest, the gravy train will stop running. Just like every other GOProuder.

by Anonymousreply 308/12/2011

All the same civil rights? Only except the ones afforded straight married people...

by Anonymousreply 408/12/2011

The guy is really ignorant.%0D %0D Anyone who thinks that marriage between one man and one woman is the ONLY form of "traditional marriage" has bought into the big lie put forth by religion.

by Anonymousreply 508/12/2011

Can you imagine being Phyllis Schalfly's gay son?!?

If karma and reincarnation are real, then this guy must've been Hitler in his previous life.

by Anonymousreply 608/12/2011

"Gays have all the same civil and political rights as everyone else. The rights guaranteed by our Constitution."

100% untrue.

by Anonymousreply 708/12/2011

%0D Honestly, he must be so psychologically damaged from his perverse upbringing that I can't see getting upset with him.

by Anonymousreply 808/12/2011

[quote]Honestly, he must be so psychologically damaged from his perverse upbringing that I can't see getting upset with him.%0D %0D While it's true about his psychological damage, we can't overlook the fact that his perveted sense of civil and political rights is available in the media with nothing to refute his sicko outlook.

by Anonymousreply 908/12/2011

Like mother, like daughter.

by Anonymousreply 1008/12/2011

What does he look like?

by Anonymousreply 1108/12/2011

I love you mommie.

And mommie loves you too, you filthy, disgusting, abhorrent piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 1208/12/2011

[quote]we can't overlook the fact that his perveted sense of civil and political rights is available in the media with nothing to refute his sicko outlook.

You mean aside from the intrinsic Democratic platform?

by Anonymousreply 1308/12/2011

Mother and son.

by Anonymousreply 1408/12/2011

oh god.

worse than i imagined.

by Anonymousreply 1508/12/2011

Their relationship reminds me of that movie "Sins of the Mother" with Elizabeth Montgomery and Dale Midkiff.

by Anonymousreply 1608/12/2011

Somebody once spoke to him about the need for laws to prevent anti-LGBT discrimination. The writer asked him how he would feel if he were fired because of his sexuality. At the time he worked for his mother (possibly still does). His response:%0D %0D "Mother would never fire me".

by Anonymousreply 1708/12/2011

With a response like that, I wouldn't take a shower anywhere near him.

by Anonymousreply 1808/12/2011

Kill them both.

by Anonymousreply 1908/12/2011

[quote]Honestly, he must be so psychologically damaged from his perverse upbringing that I can't see getting upset with him.

I don't give him a pass at all - he not only didn't buck Mommie, he went to work for her, helping her spread her noxious policies.

I'm greatly respectful of people like Candace Gingrich and Maya Keyes, who not only stood up to their bigoted families but went public. Lady Miss Johnette Schlafly, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 2008/12/2011

I thought this was the hot gay kid who's been out holding hands with his mother so I was going to give him a pass on youthful stupidity (his not mine.)%0D %0D This guy is older than I am! %0D %0D He's wrong; just wrong.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2108/12/2011

exactly r20

by Anonymousreply 2208/12/2011

i love this:

by Anonymousreply 2308/12/2011

"YOUR" cause? Friend of John's, r24?

by Anonymousreply 2508/12/2011

Any gay person who votes against, preaches against or campaigns against gay rights deserves to be called out by the LGBT community. That includes Rev. Ted Haggard, Sen. Larry Craig, Bishop Eddie Long, John Schlafly and their ilk.

by Anonymousreply 2608/12/2011

R24, your post is such a cop out. Don't act like his "opinion" isn't repulsive and based solely on mommy. His "opinion" would change the second his mommy's opinion changed. He's over 60 and still scared of what his mother thinks. He's pathetic, as is anyone who would attempt to rationalize his self-loathing, pro-active attempts to work against his own.

He's disgusting. It's one thing to keep silent, but to "agree" with mommy should be a constant source of derision.

by Anonymousreply 2708/12/2011

If this isn't some self hate, then I don't know what is.

by Anonymousreply 2808/12/2011

If this isn't the clearest example of gay NOT being a choice, I don't know what is. Look at this pathetic creature who defends his mother's position. How can anyone think he chose to be gay knowing the kind of sick family he was born into?

by Anonymousreply 2908/12/2011

r24 Fuck you, how's that for an ad hominem attack? These assholes and their "opinions" contribute to gay bashing, teen suicide and a lot of fucked-up damaged lives. By promoting the "opinion" that gays are somehow less than straights, these idiots perpetuate political and physical violence against us.

by Anonymousreply 3008/12/2011

Those carefully culled comments just spared him an ice-cold water enema and a stop payment on his monthly check from mom.

by Anonymousreply 3108/12/2011

"No, Mama! Not THE BUTTONHOOK!"

by Anonymousreply 3208/12/2011

I didn't know she has a gay son.

Funny how things work out.

by Anonymousreply 3308/12/2011

He looks like Marian Seldes.

by Anonymousreply 3408/12/2011

PHYLLIS SCHLAFLY IS A) NOT A VIRGIN AND B) STILL ALIVE!

I'm stunned.

by Anonymousreply 3508/12/2011

What do you expect from a gay son whose mother famously didn't support an Equal Rights Amendment for women?

by Anonymousreply 3608/12/2011

[quote] I didn't know she has a gay son.

"There is no way to control your adult children," Phyllis Schlafly was quoted as saying at the time. "They have their own lives to live. I still love them.... He's an adult. What am I supposed to do? I can't control what he says or his behavior."

She also said at the time that she supported the plank in her party's platform that opposed extending civil rights to gays or allowing them in the armed forces. She said, "I don't believe in sex outside of marriage," and since homosexuals couldn't marry, she disapproved of the homosexual sex act.

by Anonymousreply 3708/12/2011

As for her stand on gay rights, Phyllis Schlafly said: "There's nothing about my position on gay rights that should be offensive to a gay unless he's seeking some kind of preferential status."

by Anonymousreply 3808/12/2011

I cringe whenever someone says "a gay." For some reason, I find that very offensive.

by Anonymousreply 3908/12/2011

[quote]I cringe whenever someone says "a gay." For some reason, I find that very offensive.

You know what they say - "it's not what they say, it's how they say it" and I would also add "it's WHO says it".

by Anonymousreply 4008/12/2011

[quote]Actually, that is traditional, darling. What other types of marriage have been around as long?%0D %0D We're not discussing longevity of a tradition, sweetheart. If you're not aware of other types of traditional marriage, that's your problem and typical of a Fundie frau mentality. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4208/12/2011

Ahem, one man, one VIRGIN.

by Anonymousreply 4408/12/2011

r41, have you ever taken an anthropology class or cracked open a book about other cultures?

by Anonymousreply 4508/12/2011

[quote]attacking a gay with a different opinion.%0D %0D Not really. Just pointing out that his opinion is contrary to facts and laws of this nation. Of course, you would not have the ability to comprehend. %0D

by Anonymousreply 4708/12/2011

Phyllis Schlafly, god that's a spectre from the past. How old is that cunt now?

by Anonymousreply 4808/12/2011

What does "hedonism" have to do with it all? Back to the dictionary for you!

by Anonymousreply 4908/12/2011

R46 is some dumb troll. Ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 5008/12/2011

[italic][R41], have you ever taken an anthropology class or cracked open a book about other cultures?[/italic]

Still waiting.

by Anonymousreply 5108/12/2011

You know what I DESPISE about these gay people who come out against gay marriage? It's the fact that they can't have the decency to just say, "You know, that issue isn't important to me as a gay man (or woman)," or "I don't think that's the most important issue facing gay people right now." No....these dried up old has-been queens have to hold court and announce to the fucking world that they are firmly against gay marriage and gays are stupid to even pursue this. Well, every fucking one of those assholes I've known has been one of those guys who only fucked the pretty ones and haven't had sex since they lost their looks at 35. They are worthless pieces of human excrement. It's not that they have a different opinion - it's that they want to ensure that we don't get marriage as a way to prove themselves right. They are no different than the Bachmanns or Santorums of this world.

by Anonymousreply 5208/12/2011

You can wait until doomsday, dearest. We've discussed the various types of traditional church-approved marriage many times over. It's not confined to the 20th-21st centuries. Maybe, if you used the library, you could learn something. We're not here to keep you from wallowing in ignorance. %0D %0D Keep wallowing.

by Anonymousreply 5308/12/2011

damn

by Anonymousreply 5408/12/2011

John is not GAY. He is only a homo who enjoys sex with other men. To be gay one needs to accept their sexual orientation, be willing not to deny it when asked and choose not to live the straight life style. That is what it means to be GAY.

by Anonymousreply 5503/22/2012

The fact is that "traditional" marriage was created to guarantee paternity by making the wife the husband's property. That way no child could be claimed by another man, keeping the property and inheritance in the husband's hands without challenge.

Companionship marriage has only existed since the late 1800's. Before that, traditional marriage was an arrangement that had nothing to do with love. Traditional marriage took away the wife's autonomy and made her the husband's property.

Marriage has changed dramatically in the few hundred years of colonial and American history. The idea that married people would be equal partners, in any respect, is the most radical change possible. Marriage was never conceived of in that way. The fact that people marry for love and companionship is completely different and in no way reflects what marriage was intended to be or to do. Interracial marriages were completely banned. It was once illegal in parts of this country for black people to even kiss publicly. Interfaith marriages were also banned in parts of the US.

It wasn't all that long ago that it was legal for a man to rape his wife. A hundred years ago, it was legal for him to murder her.

So for ignorant morons to suggest that gay marriage equality is the only change ever to take place in traditional marriage is completely absurd. The biggest change was the notion that wives could be equal to their husbands and that people could marry for love.

by Anonymousreply 5603/22/2012

A lot of old gay men view themselves as sex criminals, but death is creeping up. So, just smile and nod. Don't take it personally, they'll be exiting this planet soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 5703/22/2012

Wait. He's out?!? Why isn't he hiding in the closet with a mother like that??

by Anonymousreply 5803/22/2012

I wonder what Schafley family Thanksgivings are like. He's probably expected to sit at the children's table and gratefully does so.

by Anonymousreply 5903/22/2012

total uncle nancy.

by Anonymousreply 6003/22/2012

Oh I doubt they would let a pedophile sit at the children's table.

by Anonymousreply 6103/22/2012

Phyllis is 87 and looks great for her age. DWT posted this picture of her with her female relatives at soome recent event. Even if these photos were taken five years ago, she still looks awfully smooth and unwrinkled. This woman has had more and better plastic surgery than some A listers. Is such vanity a family value?

by Anonymousreply 6203/22/2012

I know of multiple gay men who do not support same-sex marriage. It's not that rare. Moreover, at least a quarter of gays vote Republican.

by Anonymousreply 6303/22/2012

No we DO NOT have to "respect" the opinions of bigots who want us to have 3rd class citizenship but pay full taxes freeper R64. Now kindly fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 6503/22/2012

[quote]He has a right to his opinion. You don't have to agree, but ad hominem attacks on him don't help your cause.

He does, but he should be called on the ridiculous aspects of his opinion. He cannot seriously think that gay people have the same civil rights as straight people. Example: My partner isn't a US citizen and I am. He might get deported even though he's educated/working. We can't get married and have it recognized by the INS. (We almost were going to have sham marriages with a lesbian couple in the same situation for immigration purposes.)

I would love to know how these rightwingers who claim not to be antigay would resolve this.

by Anonymousreply 6603/22/2012

Jon Schlafly is dumber than the French poodle I had growing up.

Hideously ugly too.

by Anonymousreply 6703/22/2012

I eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 6803/22/2012

My mother was a Republican and I would never say something so stupid. He is deranged and moronic. His mother has PUBLICLY BLAMED HIM for her lack of stature among conservatives. He should have kicked her bitch ass out of his life years ago.

by Anonymousreply 6903/22/2012

well, the mother was a conservacunt piece of shit, why shouldn't he be?

by Anonymousreply 7003/22/2012

Because most out gays with conservacunt parents are not conservacunts themselves. JS is damaged goods, I'm guessing severe child abuse from Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 7103/22/2012

[quote]The guy is really ignorant. Anyone who thinks that marriage between one man and one woman is the ONLY form of "traditional marriage" has bought into the big lie put forth by religion.

He's not speaking out of ignorance. He's lying because he wants to stay in his mother's will.

The "traditional marriage" meme is a big lie put forth by religion.

by Anonymousreply 7203/22/2012

[quote]It's his opinion. You people are total assholes. No wonder people hate gays. We are so tolerant.....if you agree with us! DL posters are just as bad as the people they slam here.

Christ, WTF did your parents do to you to make you THIS fucked up? Do you honestly believe you're normal when you think like this? An opinion that involves tolerating intolerance is an "opinion" made to be ridiculed, esp. if you're someone fighting for intolerance towards YOU.

The only thing you did right in your post is include the words "opinion" and "assholes" because you sure as hell exemplify that adage.

by Anonymousreply 7303/22/2012

intolerance against* YOU.

by Anonymousreply 7403/22/2012

Uh, no they do not have all the rights of married heterosexuals.

Don't you love it when people just make shit up? Or perhaps are that stupid?

by Anonymousreply 7503/22/2012

Who is Phyllis Schlafly?

by Anonymousreply 7603/22/2012

He's not stupid. He's lying in order to inherit a pile of money when the old bat kicks the bucket. That's not supidity, it's looking out for his bank account with a bunch of lies. He's a total jackass but smart enough to keep his finger on the Schlafly money.

by Anonymousreply 7703/22/2012

A wretched, ancient cunt, R76

by Anonymousreply 7803/22/2012

[quote]wow, yall really don't know how to disagree with someone without hating them and saying all sorts of vicious things about him.

You're a fool if you expect people to sing the praises of a liar, r79. Especially a liar who supports people that want to deny equality to millions of Americans.

Do you also feel sad when we say "vicious things" about Ted Bundy?

by Anonymousreply 8103/22/2012

Proof all Gays are not rocket scientists.

by Anonymousreply 8203/22/2012

What is this constant mantra about respecting difference of opinion?

I can respect a difference of opinion regarding whether a movie is worth seeing or not. It's not the same thing when the topic is my civil rights!

"Excuse me, this person thinks you are a second class citizen, your relationships are substandard and discussion of your life is detrimental to children." And you want me to respect that? Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 8303/22/2012

Look yall...yall peoples need to act all subordinate. Kiss the straight mans feets.

Frealz.

by Anonymousreply 8403/22/2012

Yeah, he has a right to have and voice his opinion. Repellent and a betrayal as most of the rest of us find it be be. But look at the expression in the guy's eyes. He looks so sad while mother glows. He made a bad decision early on. Sold his soul to be Mommy's Boy forever. I wonder if he's ever had a BF or if it's all been a series of bathroom hook ups.

by Anonymousreply 8503/22/2012

If he's doing this to remain an inheritor, his effort is likely all in vain. People like Schlafly generally don't leave money to his type. She's going to favor his five other siblings who have traditional marriages and children. He'll be lucky to receive 10K. And he'll feel grateful just like he does to get a spot at the children's table at Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 8603/22/2012

Jon Schlafly knows nothing of history or religion or even the Bible.

by Anonymousreply 8703/22/2012

That's because his mother has convinced him that he is a freak and POS.

by Anonymousreply 8803/22/2012

He is just another disgusting Republican.

by Anonymousreply 8903/22/2012

Has Phyllis had a facelift?

by Anonymousreply 9003/22/2012

Would you hire a lawyer who has proved he has no capacity for intelligent thought?

by Anonymousreply 9103/22/2012

no

by Anonymousreply 9203/22/2012

I went to college with brother Andrew. Nice guy. Republican, but more tolerant than his gay brother!

by Anonymousreply 9404/28/2012

Just kidding --- he was a conservative asshole of the foirst kind and is the founder of Conservapedia or whatever it's called.

by Anonymousreply 9504/28/2012

They'd better not R96.

by Anonymousreply 9704/28/2012

Using the Bible to support traditional marriage is a joke.

Jesus doesn't give a shit.

Paul doesn't see the need.

All the major characters with multiple wives.

David the adulterer.

by Anonymousreply 9804/28/2012

TRANSLATION: "Mom still pays my rent."

by Anonymousreply 9904/29/2012

What's the point to posting "He has a right to his opinion?" It's utterly meaningless as a response.

by Anonymousreply 10004/29/2012

r

by Anonymousreply 10105/24/2012

I met PS's daughter a few times. I actually didn't know who her mom was at first. She was very nice and I got the feeling (although we didn't talk politics/social issues) that she didn't really share her mother's opinions. She'd lived in Italy for a while, which was probably a very wise choice in that situation...maybe not even far enough way actually...I would have looked into moving to Jupiter.

by Anonymousreply 10205/24/2012

Poor poor poor guy. Poor poor poor guy.

Still, fuck 'im.

by Anonymousreply 10305/24/2012

Oh stupid Phyllis herself weighs in. Actually, I think she is and has always been a closeted lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 10511/20/2012

Do you want drag queens teaching your children kindergarten? Demanding to use the ladies' restroom? No? Then stand up!

by Anonymousreply 10603/27/2013

If she were dead he would not hold that position, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 10703/27/2013

Those views are from two years ago. I wonder what he thinks now.

by Anonymousreply 10910/08/2013

Does John Schlafly have a boyfriend?

The thought of having Phyllis Schlafly as as one's mother-in-law would scare off the bravest of men ...

I wonder what will happen to John after his mother dies. I doubt that the Eagle Forum will survive after Phyllis dies. Young conservative women are running for Congress themselves, and not concerned about running some women's organization.

I doubt that many on the right will give John the time of day once his mother is gone. And I sincerely doubt that he has any friends on the left. There are several kids, and probably grandchildren, who would also be heirs IF Phyllis has a large estate

by Anonymousreply 11010/08/2013

The poor guy reeks of child abuse issues. Give him a break.

by Anonymousreply 11110/08/2013

Pussy! Scared mommie's gonna leave you out of the will ?

by Anonymousreply 11210/08/2013

There are some lousy genes floating around in my family too.

by Anonymousreply 11310/08/2013

He doesn't have to marry someone if he doesn't want to. But he shouldn't prevent other from living happy, productive lives. He can continue to live with his mother.

by Anonymousreply 11403/04/2015

I'm ashamed of my son. I should have supported abortion and gotten one for myself!

by Anonymousreply 11503/04/2015

He is a liability to our cause. His personal feelings on the issue of gay rights are half-hearted convictions at best. Get him out now! Most of you people think we're not that smart, but tell you what. You don't know who you're messing with.

by Anonymousreply 11603/04/2015

To PS

Your son's anal and oral sex will bring us down. Kick him out now!

by Anonymousreply 11703/04/2015

Phyllis Schlafly has endorsed both Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum in recent Presidential elections. Why on earth would a gay have a problem with that?

by Anonymousreply 11803/05/2015

I love my son. I just hate his sins. He lives with me now, so I'm sure he is a good christian

by Anonymousreply 11903/05/2015

In defense of my mother, I love her deeply. I also love anal sex. So I'm torn (sometimes. I just need to use more lube)

by Anonymousreply 12003/05/2015

Who was more offensive back in the day, Schafly or Anita Bryant?

by Anonymousreply 12103/05/2015

Legal gay marriage or not, Johnnie's message is that he's destined to remain an old maid.

by Anonymousreply 12203/05/2015

I don't hate gays. I just despise them.

by Anonymousreply 12303/05/2015
Need more help? Click Here.