and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tavis Smiley

Tavis is being ignored by Obama.

by Anonymousreply 6511/24/2012

Tavis is annoying.

Cry me a river, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 108/10/2011

Smiley and Dr. Cornell West were both on CSPAN this morning on the call-in program. I have to admit, initially I did not agree with Smiley during the 2008 campaign constantly attacking Obama. I felt that the attacks were personal rather than constuctive.%0D %0D %0D I have to say that I generally agreed with most of what Smiley and West stated this morning about the President and his lack of leadership on key issues facing this nation. %0D

by Anonymousreply 208/10/2011

It is personal. Tavis is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 308/10/2011

I like Tavis. Obama is just making it worse by avoiding him, especially if he wants all the black votes next year that he got in 2008. Tavis is a sounding board for a lot of black voters.

by Anonymousreply 408/10/2011

Tavis is a pretty fair and thoughtful political host. The only people calling him a bitch are the Obama fans.

Obama has thin skin and that is reflected in how he treats the press. I think it's really difficult for him to go from being so revered in 2008, to being criticized in the last 2 years.

Cornel West and Tavis Smiley have two different styles. Smiley is nothing like West.

by Anonymousreply 508/10/2011

Tavis was whining in 2008. I like Tavis, but he can whine.

by Anonymousreply 608/10/2011

Tavis is gay, right?

by Anonymousreply 708/10/2011

Yeah he was r6, but now he actually has a valid reason to whine. And Im glad he is no longer affiliated with Tom Joyner so he doesnt have to sensor himself like he did back then.

by Anonymousreply 808/10/2011

Tavis whined about not being invited to the White House. I don't think Obama is perfect but Tavis has a personal issue with him. Tavis is not a sounding board for me or many people I know.

by Anonymousreply 908/10/2011

[quote]I don't think Obama is perfect but Tavis has a personal issue with him.%0D %0D They should have tea together and get over their "personal issues" instead of acting like two bitches.

by Anonymousreply 1008/10/2011

That's so funny, OP I'm doing the same thing!

by Anonymousreply 1108/10/2011

Obama isn't acting like a bitch. Tavis is the only bitch in this equation. I hope Obama never addresses Tavis or invites him to the WH.

by Anonymousreply 1208/10/2011

I see Michelle/r12 is posting on DL this evening. Gurl, don't you have some vegetable gardens to grow?

r7, I used to think Tavis was gay, but I dont anymore. He's probably with a white woman and keeps it on the hush.

by Anonymousreply 1408/10/2011

Tavis may not be gay now but he looks like he has sucked two big black cocks at the same time

by Anonymousreply 1508/10/2011

There was a liberal religious guy on Tavis' show that was talking about the gays. Tavis said the Bible didn't approve of homosexuals. The guest informed him that the Bible was not to be taken literally and Tavis seemed somewhat surprised by this.

by Anonymousreply 1608/10/2011

I have a close friend in media who gave me the inside info during the election. Tavis has a huge ego and is very thin skinned to begin with. He had a big birthday party (50?) and invited Obama. Since this was in the middle of critical primaries, Obama did not break to attend Tavis's party so Tavis whined and refused the even endorse Obama during the elections. Yes, T is a big baby and not to be taken too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 1708/10/2011

Well, R17, that certainly sounds like a gayboy's reaction!

by Anonymousreply 1808/10/2011

they all bitches. trust.

by Anonymousreply 1908/10/2011

r17, I have a tech friend who has worked on Smiley's shows. He says Travis is an asshole who literally snaps his fingers at lowly staff while snarling, "You there!" when he wants something.

by Anonymousreply 2008/10/2011

He is not gay, he told Wendy Williams he only owns like two pairs of shoes!

by Anonymousreply 2108/10/2011

[quote]he doesnt have to sensor himself like he did back then.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 2208/10/2011

STFU, Tavis. You talk way too friggin much. No one wants to talk with you.

by Anonymousreply 2308/10/2011

Tavis is gay.

by Anonymousreply 2408/10/2011

I like Tavis and watch his show every chance I get. He has some interesting guests and knows how to do an interview.

by Anonymousreply 2508/10/2011

Thank you r25.

by Anonymousreply 2608/10/2011

Hasn't he (Tavis) been invited to some parties at the White House?

by Anonymousreply 2708/11/2011

Cornel West is an antisemitic whack job!

by Anonymousreply 2808/11/2011

Tavis is whiny and pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 2908/11/2011

Loving the closet cause blk people have no gaydar.

He is a major he-bitch attention whore and a moron for mucking with the prez.

by Anonymousreply 3008/11/2011

Tavis is beyond resentful of Obama because Tavis really thought HE would be the first black President. It was his life's ambition.

by Anonymousreply 3108/11/2011

Tavis is fine. It's Obama I'm not so sure about.

I watch Tavis' show frequently and consider him a good interviewer who asks cogent and interesting questions. If his guest has written a book, he is always prepared and has enough background to be able to discuss (if he has not actually read the entire book). If his guest is a celebrity, he asks good questions without coming across as invasive.

I admit I wasn't sure at first whether I would like him, but he eventually won me over. The thing I like best about him is that he has the best laugh on TV. When something tickles him, he laughs with his entire body. It's actually fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 3208/11/2011

Tavis is cute.

by Anonymousreply 3308/11/2011

Isn't he friends with Ann Coulter?

by Anonymousreply 3408/11/2011

Tavis is a great interviewer. However, he is a major BITCH-ASS MUTHER. His ego is out of control. Some of his ego is justified; he is very good at what he does. If he were white(yea, I said it!) he would be a well paid hack on CNN,etc. - like your boy Anderson. Shit like that definitely has his nose out of joint; it should. He's an excellent on air personality and interviewer. He is also very angry because he wasn't invited to be a part of Obama's black inner circle. Memo to Tavis: as you should have found out by now, Obama has no black inner circle! You are not the only brother out in the cold. Stop whinning!!! It demeans you and tarnishes your brand.

by Anonymousreply 3508/11/2011

Cornell West is a fraud basically. His academic work is dreadful and his work in philosophy particularly is that of a simpleton.

by Anonymousreply 3608/11/2011

Now, now girls -- you're both pretty!

by Anonymousreply 3708/11/2011

The interviews I have seen Tavis conduct were pretty good. I am sorry I missed his recent interview with soprano Jessye Norman; I heard it was really interesting.

by Anonymousreply 3808/11/2011

The license plate on his SUV reads "TAV1S" That's a number one, not a letter I.

by Anonymousreply 3908/11/2011

Bill Maher inflicts Tavis and Mr. West on us on a regular basis. I turn off the sound when they speak.

by Anonymousreply 4008/11/2011

I would turn the picture off too r40

by Anonymousreply 4108/11/2011

Tavis went to Harvard -- that's where the ego comes from.

He saw through Obama before the election

by Anonymousreply 4208/11/2011

I get a hot top daddy vibe from Tavis.

by Anonymousreply 4308/11/2011

[quote]He saw through Obama before the election

And no doubt Obama read Tavis' beads straightaway. He knows how Tavis is; why should he deliberately invite a viper into his bosom?

by Anonymousreply 4408/11/2011

Tavis Smiley is a small man with a huge ego. He fashioned himself an independent, (Republican) conservative with a distinctive Afro-centric perspective at a time when people likke Jesse Jackspon had cornered the market for left-leaning spokespersons. %0D %0D Tavis lowered his voice and adopted an "intellectual" mein to further distinguish himself. THe fact he would appear on a show with Dr. West, is laughable. Tavis is a media whore. He remains a small man, he remains a conservative, and he is very jealous of Barack Obama. He has always been jealous.

by Anonymousreply 4508/11/2011

R44, Obama was a guest on Smiley's PBS show six times.

by Anonymousreply 4608/11/2011

"He knows how Tavis is; why should he deliberately invite a viper into his bosom?"%0D %0D The same man who appointed Geitner and Emmanuel? LOL.%0D %0D Yeah, he deliberately stays away from those two faced phonies. No doubt!

by Anonymousreply 4708/11/2011

Yes, R46. Obama needed to reach the black audience that Tavis had at one time.

by Anonymousreply 4808/11/2011

Emmanual and Geithner aren't likely to stab Obama in the back. Tavis is.

by Anonymousreply 4908/11/2011

Tavis was just defending Obama a few months ago. If anything, they have a love hate relationship. In which Obama is the top of course.

by Anonymousreply 5008/11/2011

Obama is AFRAID of Tavis Smiley. He can't handle anyone doubting his 'greatness.' %0D %0D It doesn't matter that Tavis is an asshole, only that Obama is a wimp.

by Anonymousreply 5108/11/2011

That jackass Steve Harvey called Tavis and Dr. West "Uncle Toms" on his national radio show this week!

by Anonymousreply 5208/13/2011

by Anonymousreply 5308/13/2011

Tavis probably wants to sleep with Obama but is resentful because he will never!

by Anonymousreply 5408/28/2011

I agree with Steve Harvey, Tavis and Cornell ARE Uncle Toms. Tavis had better be careful or he'll be the subject of a expose at Mediatakeout.com

If you guys want bitchy black dish, MTO is the site. That site has major bitchface! They outed, and inned Drake, Will Smith, Jada & Lil Wayne.

by Anonymousreply 5508/28/2011

Is Cornel West family?

by Anonymousreply 5608/28/2011

Leave Tavis alone! Steve Harvey is a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 5708/28/2011

I'm listening to him on the radio right now. He's very smart.

by Anonymousreply 5809/14/2012

[quote]R17 I have a tech friend who has worked on Smiley's shows. He says Travis is an asshole who literally snaps his fingers at lowly staff while snarling, "You there!" when he wants something.[/quote]

R20, I was going to post about the finger snapping at lowly staffers. I heard this from a woman tech friend. Yeah, Travis is a major asshole.

by Anonymousreply 5909/14/2012

Tavis turned 48 yesterday. He is part of the over 40 and not married club.

by Anonymousreply 6009/14/2012

You're an idiot, R55. If anyone is an Uncle Tom, it's Obama, who has gone back on so many of his promises, and instead extended Bush policy. Case in point: Obama’s drone war policies that are responsible for continuous killing of innocents, greatly expanded from that inherited from Bush.

Obama, the Nobel Peace Prize winner who used the platform to make the case for war. The same guy who expanded Bush's killer drone campaign, expanded wars, created a kill list, continues GITMO, where two prisoners recently died...no charges, no trial.

Obama talked about the Repugs agenda for tax-breaks for the rich, as if it was someone else who signed into law the extension of Bush Jr's tax-breaks for the rich- which he could have let expire as he promised he would do.

Clearly, Tavis and Cornell are not the problem here. It's Obama who the Democrats refuse to hold accountable.

by Anonymousreply 6109/14/2012

Oh, and black people are worse off then they've been in a very long time. Obama's done nothing for the black population.

Having said that, things would be even worse under Romney, but at least some of you Obama shills would protest instead of blindly falling in line with whatever Obama does.

by Anonymousreply 6209/14/2012

Only so many light skinned black guys can be in any given place at a time. Any more and the white folk get nervous.

by Anonymousreply 6309/14/2012

Tavis is a catty ass female bitch that belongs on basketball wives.

by Anonymousreply 6411/24/2012

Well R4 is hilarious now. Black voters wouldn't show up for Obama in 2012 because of Tavis Smiley? LOL.

by Anonymousreply 6511/24/2012
Need more help? Click Here.