Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Superman''s Henry Cavill Gay?

A while back we saw that our friend Corey Spears happened to have a bunch of photos on Facebook with the actor Henry Cavill; We thought that was interesting, and kept that in mind as time went by. We then heard, from different reliable people here and there, that he was gay; publicly Henry denied this and said he just happened to have alot of gay friends, but you know the saying: where there's smoke, there's fire. After Henry was announced as the new Superman, we went on Corey's page to see some of the old photos he'd posted of him and Henry, and they had ALL been removed. There used to be a ton of them, and now, not one. Don't you think that's a little coincidental? That all of the photos of Henry with a bunch of gay guys have totally been removed? we don't know... we think there's something to expose here. And we just wanted to provide you with the info so you could pursue it if you wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 60001/03/2013

True, R8, and I think we need to send a message to people like Henry Cavill that we won't tolerate this. I used to like him, but if this is the way he is going to behave, I won't be seeing his movies anymore.

by Anonymousreply 908/08/2011

I found another one. He has his arm around Corey in this one:

by Anonymousreply 1008/08/2011

$$$$, R12.

by Anonymousreply 1308/08/2011

I imagine scrubbing the internet is standard operating procedure for Hollywood publicists now.

by Anonymousreply 1408/08/2011

Anyone notice that in the photo at R10, Corey has his arm behind Henry's head? That's kind of the way couples pose.

by Anonymousreply 1508/08/2011

Dozens of pics with Corey, it seems, but not ONE photo that I can find with his fiance, Ellen Whitaker (although there are plenty of Ellen with her horse).

by Anonymousreply 1608/08/2011

Is Henry really engaged to a woman, R16?

by Anonymousreply 1808/08/2011

Who cares really? I'm gay as a goose and if there were pictures of me touching that little piglet, I'd deny it as well. Gross. %0D %0D Cavill is hot. He should be more discrete on whom he pityfucks.

by Anonymousreply 1908/08/2011

r17,It's the first that it's been very obvious...especially the Luke Evans situation.

by Anonymousreply 2008/08/2011

Henry Cavill Engaged to Ellen Whitaker!

by Anonymousreply 2208/08/2011

r17, I think it's about the sad realizations that it still happens nowdays where people have easy access to information and files on the internet and their harddrives on which they saved images, articles and media files. It's the whole "Who the fuck is he (and his PR handlers) fooling? NOT ME!".

The luxury of "inside" knowledge wasn't there in the, say, Golden Era of Hollywood and the mainstream public was easily deceived by Hollywood and its PR machinery since the general public had no previous knowledge about their big heartthrob star hustling or sleeping his way up to land a movie role. Sure, some selected few has personal experience of seeing a big star like Rock Hudson in a gay bar or were fortunate enough to be invited to some private party, but the opportunity to share it (anonymously) on a big scale like nowdays was not possible back then.

by Anonymousreply 2408/08/2011

[quote]Since when is being gay equated to having a 'naughty past'?

Since the dawn of Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 2608/08/2011

To be fair R25, ONTD is chock full of chubby faghags (it's about 30% gay guys and 70% their hags) who want him, and every other guy they know they can't fuck, to be gay.

(Not that I don't buy he's gay, mind you).

by Anonymousreply 2708/08/2011

r27, They don't imply that Henry is gay but that his fiance is a famewhore and is using him..I think he's gay and the fangirls are clueless.

by Anonymousreply 2808/08/2011

He's looking at that guy kinda funny but I think he's just an ego-maniac, at least most actors are.

by Anonymousreply 2908/08/2011

[quote]Since the dawn of Hollywood.%0D %0D Where not at the dawn of Hollywood, when homosexuality was illegal in many states and accepted by none as normal. We live in a world where gay marriage is actually legal and where being gay is not something people need to feel shame about.

by Anonymousreply 3008/08/2011

This entire thread is infested by the meth addict WeHo "bloggers."

You're just sad stalking cunts.

by Anonymousreply 3108/08/2011

[quote]There used to be a ton of them, and now, not one. Don't you think that's a little coincidental? That all of the photos of Henry with a bunch of gay guys have totally been removed? we don't know... we think there's something to expose here.

Well, we wouldn't want people to get the wrong idea, would we? Like the possibility that he's gay or something? People might think that where there's lots of cock, there's a cocksucker!

by Anonymousreply 3208/08/2011

It's not about the police, R30. It's about the box office.

by Anonymousreply 3308/08/2011

R30, marriage may be legal in some states but women want to go and fantasize about a guy like Henry Cavill in all 50 states -- especially when he's playing a hunky hero like Superman.

They want to be Lois Lane to his Superman; if they suspected he was out sucking cock or taking it up the ass that would kill the fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 3408/08/2011

"Where not at the dawn of Hollywood"

O. Deer.

by Anonymousreply 3508/08/2011

Is he cute? Then yes.

by Anonymousreply 3608/08/2011

How cares if Cavill is gay or straight? He will make a fine Superman.

by Anonymousreply 3708/08/2011

"Cavill, at least, hasn't opened the closet door himself; Evans, on the other hand, did and should be held accountable"

Yes, you are right that unlike Evans, Cavill never said he was gay and then tried to run away from it. But if Cavill is getting people to delete photos of him with gay friends, then he is doing something similar and needs to be called out on it.

by Anonymousreply 3808/08/2011

He looks anything but butch in this pic!

by Anonymousreply 4008/09/2011

by Anonymousreply 4108/09/2011

I assume Henry Cavill is gay, but if he isn't he is the most gay friendly straight guy ever. Lots of straight guys have gay friends these days but his social circle was literally nothing but gay men.

by Anonymousreply 4208/09/2011

Please-this old tired queen begs your forgiveness,but who the hell is Corey Spears? He looks like Perez Hilton.%0D %0D And Henry Cavill looks a lot like Matthew Bomer and for that reason alone I say 'gay'!

by Anonymousreply 4608/09/2011

I don't believe he is gay for the simple reason that he would never have been cast as Superman if he were.

by Anonymousreply 4808/09/2011

Yeah, I'm with R46, who is this Corey Spears person? Talk about random!

by Anonymousreply 5008/09/2011

I disagree, R48. He got cast as Superman because he was basically the worst guy for the part. He looks nothing like Superman. They probably knew the movie would bomb! lol

by Anonymousreply 5108/09/2011

Yes, Trolldar is fun. Click R49.

somebody's obsessed/ Let's see. The meth addict who's shilling for that deranged blog?

by Anonymousreply 5208/09/2011

r52,Umm... I don't own that blog You can investigate me all you want I'm not him. Go ahead,sir.

by Anonymousreply 5308/09/2011

[quote]Please-this old tired queen begs your forgiveness,but who the hell is Corey Spears? He looks like Perez Hilton.%0D %0D He's an "actor" who's had a grand total of 5 roles.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 5408/09/2011

[quote]I don't believe he is gay for the simple reason that he would never have been cast as Superman if he were.

You're right! Who in Hollywood would cast a GAY Superman? I can't think of one person. Nope. Not one.

by Anonymousreply 5508/09/2011

Routh is not gay.

by Anonymousreply 5608/09/2011

But Singer is.

by Anonymousreply 5708/09/2011

I own the blog that started this thread on Cavill which I am reading for the first time. Obviously my site has touched on a subject that a lot of you have an opinion on. The writer of this specific post is actually an out celebrity who felt the need to make a point.

I personally think Cavill is a pussy for having the photos removed with his gay "friend" regardless of his sexual orientation & I feel the same way about Colton Haynes who has been brain washed by Hollywood agent Tyler Grasham!

Anderson Cooper has a boyfriend & so does Zack Quinto. They should come out and be role models instead of hiding in the closet like cowards.

And the comment about meth & barebacking are cute but untrue. I am an advocate for condoms & am champion of the tweakers project.

I personally could give shit about gossip but obviously 56 comments later.. there's a market for it!

xoxo GG

by Anonymousreply 5808/09/2011

[quote]Henry's fangirls are catching on with the weird engagement

Says the fanboi.

You probably live for posting "First!" on gossip sites.

by Anonymousreply 5908/09/2011

"Cavill is a pussy for having the photos removed"

It looks like we were able to find some of the photos on other sites and post them on this thread, so I guess they aren't all removed yet.

by Anonymousreply 6008/09/2011

R58 Don't let some of the bitches on this site bother you. If they don't like gossip, they shouldn't even be on the damn site.%0D %0D So tell us, what rumors have you heard about Henry? In your opinion, do you think he's gay?

by Anonymousreply 6108/09/2011

That pic at R41 was taken at East/West Lounge in West Hollywood, according to the menu. It's a gay bar that recently closed.

by Anonymousreply 6208/09/2011

The boy who appears in the photos that I have seen via this thread is a semi-known gay author. I don't have any proof that he's gay as of yet.

A lot of gay actors have gay friends & their photos get circulated and the straight ones seems to be proud of their gay allies. The one who have agents who know their STAR is gay freak out and will put pressure on someone like Corey to take the photos off of facebook to avoid the "negative pr".

In other words I believe he's hiding something but I am not in the position where I have done enough homework to say that confidently.

On the other hand... Taylor is Gay Colton is Gay Zack is Gay

Maybe Cavill just sucked gay cock to work his way up the ladder and now he can be straight again. Who knows but we'll probably get to the "bottom" of it all soon. Judging by the crossed arms & facial expressions in photos I would bet that he is gay or he is emulating what he thought was cool at the time.

xx GG

by Anonymousreply 6308/09/2011

r63,Thank you! I hope you stay in datalounge! We would love more weho gossip from you!

by Anonymousreply 6408/09/2011

R64 = WeHo blogger's meth dealer

by Anonymousreply 6608/09/2011

There are so many in the glass closet in Hollywood! They live their lives openly, but still hide it from the public. Could you imagine the impact they would have if they came out? I'm not talking those heavily in the closet bearding, but guys who are obviously gay and even partnered. Why can't they come out? It's not like it's a big secret anyway.. they could be role models and show that gay people can have careers and be successful too, and that being gay is nothing to be ashamed of. Guys like Zachary Qunto, Colton Haynes, Jim Parsons and Matt Bomer really should come out. Sadly, I know that won't happen, at least not until their careers are over. sigh..%0D %0D %0D Anyway, thanks for the gossip, R63. There's been too little of that here lately, I appreciate your posts!

by Anonymousreply 6708/09/2011

So then, obsessive queens like you could continue to stalk them and obsess about their gay lives?

by Anonymousreply 6808/09/2011

Weho blogger, Anymore info on Taylor Lautner? You seem to know for certain that he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 6908/09/2011

Dear God, r69/r64/r53/r49/r28/r25/r20/r12/r5/r1...

Try not to wet yourself.

by Anonymousreply 7008/09/2011

r70, You seem to be obsessed with me..I love it!

by Anonymousreply 7108/09/2011

Yes, finally someone (albeit a complete stranger in the form of text) has noticed your pathetic existence!

by Anonymousreply 7208/09/2011

R67 "Guys like Zachary Quinto, Colton Haynes, Jim Parsons and Matt Bomer really should come out"%0D %0D The question is...HOW?%0D 1-Going public "People! I'm gay!"%0D 2-Showing off their gay partner 24/7%0D 3-post/updating their gay activity/sex life on medias%0D 4-???Famewhoring?%0D %0D You queens are getting so desperately ridiculous.%0D %0D And repeating the nauseating excuse "I'm sick of all these closeted actors acting as if being gay is bad blah blahh.."%0D %0D Why? Do actors in their closet makes your self-esteem any lower?%0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 7308/09/2011

R48, that's so not true. Bryan Singer had no issue casting Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and countless other actors who are gay in Hollywood get a variety a big, superstar parts. Male and Female. Don't forget, Kevin Spacey & Jodie Foster have 2 Oscars a piece, Bradley Cooper is a leading man now, Kate Walsh is still on Private Practice. Trust me, they get the parts.

by Anonymousreply 7408/09/2011

Look guys, as posted countless times before Hollywood has NO problem with hiring closeted guys (like Hugh Jackman or Taylor Lautner who pretty much live in a glass closets) who have the intention to stay closeted (for career purposes). Yes, for some it's semantics, but Hollywood still is wired that way.

Closeted actors are perfectly fine while out gay actors are too much of a liability for the expected mainstream success of the movie or TV project. That's the general opinion in Hollywood. Yes, of course there are exception of this rule, but to this day sadly they remain exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 7508/09/2011

All I know is his ass looks delicious and it would be a shame if it were going through this mad crazy world unappreciated.

by Anonymousreply 7708/09/2011

[quote]The boy who appears in the photos that I have seen via this thread is a semi-known gay author. I don't have any proof that he's gay as of yet.

If you're talking about Corey Spears, I do: he's gay and open about it, and we have a couple of mutual friends. He was in "The Journey of Jared Price," a gay indie flick, about a decade ago, in which he played the title character. I'm surprised more DLers don't know about it, given that it's basically wish-fulfillment DL-troll masturbatory material (hot, innocent chicken gets seduced by creepy old queen).

by Anonymousreply 7808/09/2011

The Journey of Jared Price was an indie movie project by Dustin Lance Black. Now, why does this name sound so familiar? Hm.

by Anonymousreply 7908/09/2011

Frankly, I don't care, or get personal with an actor's life. I'm more interested in seeing a good film, and could care less if he's gay or not, or in or out. That's his personal business, not ours.

by Anonymousreply 8108/09/2011

R81, I must ask: WHY ARE YOU HERE???

by Anonymousreply 8208/09/2011

Shut-up, r82! I'll post where I damn well please!

by Anonymousreply 8308/09/2011

"I don't believe he is gay for the simple reason that he would never have been cast as Superman if he were."%0D %0D %0D %0D Huh? Matt Bomer would have been Superman if Brett Ratner hadn't been replaced by Bryan Singer on the last Superman movie%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8408/09/2011

"they assumed that people know what they are, so they don't feel the need to provocatively showing off anything more. Some people have class."%0D %0D %0D %0D Being open about being gay isn't "provocative" and how is it "classy" to be in the closet? No one expects straight people to hide the fact that they are straight - if straight people can talk about their boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, and wives without being attacked for lacking class, why can't gays be open about being gay without being bullied by people like you?%0D %0D %0D "Frankly, I don't care, or get personal with an actor's life. I'm more interested in seeing a good film, and could care less if he's gay or not, or in or out"%0D %0D %0D Why are you posting on a gay gossip board, then?

by Anonymousreply 8508/09/2011

[quote]Shut-up, R82! I'll post where I damn well please!

My point, dear heart, was that about half the threads on DL involve speculation about a given celebrity's sexual orientation, so if you don't give a shit about celebrities' "personal business," then why are you surfing a gay gossip site that is basically ABOUT celebrity personal business?

by Anonymousreply 8608/09/2011

R85"being open about gay isn't provocative and how is it "classy" to be in the closet?"%0D %0D Well, we simply can't demand that every gay to be as open as Sir Elton John. "Classy" I don't mean by being in the closet, but by sparing their private life. It's their rights to choose to not sharing it with us.%0D %0D What if some of those we think are 'closeted' isn't gay? Not wishful thinking but theres always 0.0001 possiblility in everything.%0D %0D Being openly talking about girlfriends/boyfriend still isn't that easy for some famous gay person, it's very different from straight people, like it or not.%0D %0D And who said that straight people can talk about their girlfriens/boyfriends WITHOUT being attacked of lacking class, accused of being a famewhore...and bearding?? You people are such a bully! lol kidding.%0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8708/10/2011

And you people won't buy (sep superhero) character if played by a gay actor, but moan for actors to come out? How open-minded!

by Anonymousreply 8808/10/2011

Now that we're seeing all flavours of closet case games I have to say I wish these guys, like Cavill, would just leave the photos. It's when they go around trying to make things disappear that it gets really vile and distasteful. Cavill's situation is so different from Evans' - no one has interviews with Cavill screaming about big fat cocks and his huge gay pron collection - he could've just let things be and stayed discreet.

I prefer the "gay friendly" version of closet cases to the one's who project their shame out in the open.

by Anonymousreply 8908/10/2011

Next actor who will go back in the closet... ELLEN PAGE

by Anonymousreply 9008/10/2011

That is so bullshit, 67. Saying you're gay is not the same as saying which guy you last had sex with, or even mention if you have a bf/partner. There are many actors who are gay, but still protect their privacy by not discussing their love life. Luke Macfarlane comes to mind. He is gay but he chose to be private about his love life. It's his decision, and I totally respect that. At least he had the guts to come out.%0D %0D %0D Again.. saying you're gay is not the same as announcing who you had sex with yesterday. Why can't celebs simply say "I'm gay, but I choose to remain private about my love life," would that be too much to ask for?

by Anonymousreply 9108/10/2011

[quote]The question is...HOW? 1-Going public "People! I'm gay!" 2-Showing off their gay partner 24/7 3-post/updating their gay activity/sex life on medias 4-???Famewhoring?

Most low key non fame-whorey way to do it is just to mention it in passing when interviewed.

by Anonymousreply 9208/10/2011

There were gay rumors about Christopher Reeve and Brandon Routh, too.

I think the primary difference is that those two men were exceedingly handsome, yet oddly asexual.

Henry Cavill is exceedingly handsome and very, very sexy. Is that the problem? We want Superman to be more Ken-doll-esque? Great looking, but neutered?

by Anonymousreply 9308/10/2011

Unfortunately, R73, Cavill doesn't look at all like Clark Kent/Superman. He is too femine, his face is too feminine and he is too short. He does not have that masuclinity that Superman is supposed to have. I was extremely disappointed when I heard he was the choice for the role. Yeah, Cavill is a good actor, not denying that. I don't have anything against him per se, I actually like him, and I think he was amazing in The Tudors. That doesn't make me change my opinion though.. I still think he's all wrong for the part. Which is why I won't see the movie when it comes out.

by Anonymousreply 9408/10/2011

Who on earth is that fugly, chubby, non entity Corey Spears?

by Anonymousreply 9508/10/2011

Jim Parsons is out, you fucking morons. He thanked his boyfriend when he won the Emmy and has made a public statement.

by Anonymousreply 9608/10/2011

Speaking of Superman, I applied to be an extra in the film and I haven't got a call back! BOOOOO!!!!

by Anonymousreply 9708/10/2011

Why was East/West Lounge closed?

by Anonymousreply 9808/10/2011

We tend to staple the "closeted" label to the foreheads of wrong ones, the ones that are actually outed but remain low-key ( that seems closeted to some people), and the seemingly gay ones but actually aren't.%0D %0D Talk about real closeted case, I doubt that we would be as open if we are in their shoes, esp when we are fully aware that we lived in the world where nearly 90% of heteros (with half of them are homophobes) still ruling, and knowing that a promising career is ahead of you.%0D %0D And you can't blame the actors whenever you feel bad about being gay, It's up to each individual.

by Anonymousreply 9908/10/2011

R100 FYI, I'm straight woman, have a male cousin who is gay and wanted to pursue his dream to be a local recording artist. We both lived in a country where the public viewed homosexuality as a sinful abnormality and should't be associated with. You can call me "idiotic closet defenders" or whatever you want...%0D %0D I encourage people to be proud of what they are, but at the same time I do understand the obstacles some people are facing. It's easy for those whose career is NOT in the limelight, to be out and proud.%0D %0D I believe that some closeted actors know that people know, and let the speculation goes on without having to open their mouth. It's indeed impactful once they make a declaration "I'm gay" and may hurt some people's interest in them and limiting their role-offers, compared to of just being a reserved "mystery".

by Anonymousreply 10108/10/2011

[quote]He is too femine, his face is too feminine and he is too short. %0D %0D What is your definition of 'masculine'? A gorilla? Cavill is 6'1", which in Hollywood terms is a giant. Most male actors are under 5'9'.

by Anonymousreply 10208/10/2011

"I'm straight woman"%0D %0D %0D That explains a lot about your cluelessness.%0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 10308/10/2011

Is Henry a top or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 10408/10/2011

I'm a woman too and think Henry doesn't look feminine at all. He's beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 10508/10/2011

R104, not all gays are into anal

by Anonymousreply 10608/10/2011

R106 But the majority are.

by Anonymousreply 10708/10/2011

I guess with the thread about that other British actor going back into the closet tells us it doesn't matter who's gay today; they can always be straight (or, yeah, 'bi') tomorrow.

They're all straight; they'll never sleep with me.

Blah. Blah.

But I'll always smile when I hear the name B.J. Routh

by Anonymousreply 10808/11/2011

Henry Cavill smoking with Jonathan Rhys Meyers

by Anonymousreply 10908/22/2011

Everyone who has ever played Superman has had his cock in another man's mouth at one point or another!

by Anonymousreply 11109/12/2011

Well, he's obviously a smoker, R110 as you can see from the pics of him with Jonathan Rhys Meyers, above.

But years ago before he was on "The Tudors" he used to post on his message board that he wasn't gay but that he was gay friendly.

by Anonymousreply 11209/12/2011

R110 is actually pretty credible. Henry is fairly young to be saying he was a waiter YEARS ago, but nonetheless--he was a waiter. And he "dated" Jillian Michaels!

by Anonymousreply 11309/12/2011

[quote]When I first moved to West Hollywood YEARS ago, Henry was a waiter at restaurant. I think it was off of Santa Monica & La Brea and even then my friends and I thought he was gay. He's rather subtle though...until you saw him at The Abbey with his uber gay posse. He had lots of greasy hair and they were always outside near the gate because he always smoking.%0D %0D I don't doubt for a moment that he's gay, but how could he have worked at a restaurant in the US when he's a British citizen? Foreigners don't get work permits to work in the US unless it's for a highly-skilled position or a position where there is high demand (nurses, doctors, etc).%0D %0D In any case, tell us more about how he used to act when he was at The Abbey? Do you think his "engagement" to his "fiance" is fake?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 11409/12/2011

R113, I think R110 is right that Henry was a waiter in California quite a few years ago. A number of years ago simply means about 7 or 8 or so. And that's probably when Henry was there, before he got a regular role on "The Tudors".

by Anonymousreply 11509/12/2011

[quote]"Something in the milk ain't clean!"

LOL. I can just picture some chubby fangurl using this mid-western proverb !

by Anonymousreply 11609/12/2011

R114, don't British actors work in the U.S. all the time?

by Anonymousreply 11709/12/2011

I had rumors?

by Anonymousreply 11809/13/2011

I feel so ignorant, but who is Corey Spears and why does being on his facebook make you gay?

Anyway, Henry can cum in my mouth anytime he wants.

by Anonymousreply 11909/13/2011

Wasn't Jillian Michaels his "girlfriend"? How did Henry Cavill ever meet Jillian Michaels in the first place unless he lived in LA where she resides and works? So R110 story sounds legit.

by Anonymousreply 12009/13/2011

Foreign actors get what is known as an artist's visa. It allows you to work in non-artistic roles (it's basically a temporary work visa that you have to be sponsored by an agent or manager by). They're not that hard to get. I know a British actor in NY who is a waiter and that's how he gets to work. (He wasn't able to work in the years before he got it.)

by Anonymousreply 12109/13/2011

This "Corey Spears" is obviously looking for money. %0D %0D Now I don't agree with Cavill being in the closet, but it's obvious that this guy is bitter because he knows he will never land another man as hot as the one he had (IF they were even in a relationship, which is debatable) and he has decided to try and ruin Henry's life.%0D %0D It's pathetic. We are our own worst enemy at times.

by Anonymousreply 12209/13/2011

R120, I think it's been verified that Henry used to work in L.A. I don't think that part is made up.

by Anonymousreply 12309/13/2011

R122 What the fuck are you talking about? That Corey Spears guy didn't do anything wrong except post pictures of him with his friends on Facebook (something people do all the time), and one of those friends just so happened to be Henry. And this was before Henry was ever really famous. As soon as Henry did start becoming well-known, he took the pictures down and he hasn't said a word about him. So what the fuck did he do wrong?

by Anonymousreply 12409/13/2011

Luckily most of the photos are still available.

I think they were posted earlier on this thread or one of the others

by Anonymousreply 12509/13/2011

122, you are singlehandedly decrying an entire community of gay people as 'our own worst enemy' based on some Facebook mishap? %0D %0D And how do you know they were not in a relationship? Why is it 'debateable'? Unless you are under Cavill or anyone else's bed anthing goes, they could be anything. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 12609/13/2011

[quote][R104], not all gays are into anal%0D %0D I know, I keep telling everyone that but no one ever believes me.

by Anonymousreply 12709/13/2011

What "entire community of gay people" are you talking about, R126?

by Anonymousreply 12809/14/2011

R124 How did the website know that he had pictures of Cavill up in the first place? Do they just go through random people's websites hoping for a scoop?%0D %0D Also they refer to him as "our friend".%0D %0D Come on.

by Anonymousreply 12909/14/2011

R129, fans of actors can easily find photos today

by Anonymousreply 13009/14/2011

R240 here:

R250- of course he lived in Los Angeles that's how he got noticed. He used to wait tables here.

For everyone else; if you can't read in between the lines at him "dating" Jillian Michaels, then you're a fool. Look at history, his unyielding desire for privacy, his former posse, the scrubbing of the internet for old pictures. The answer is right in front of you. He isn't some enlightened fag stag.

by Anonymousreply 13109/27/2011

This is why straight people don't want to hang around gay people. You cannot hang out with a couple of fags without the entire gay community proclaiming that you're gay.

by Anonymousreply 13209/27/2011

by Anonymousreply 13309/27/2011

Uhh yeah he's gay and deeply closeted. Isn't it rather obvious?

Like someone else mentioned there are A LOT of

by Anonymousreply 13409/27/2011

R134, what are you trying to

by Anonymousreply 13509/27/2011

That should read, "Like someone else mentioned there are A LOT of closeted gay and bisexual male actors out there."

by Anonymousreply 13609/27/2011

I know the guy you are talking about named Corey. People will always wonder what they will. Henry hanging out with his friends that are gay no more makes him gay than it would make him black when hanging out with friends who are black. Those two were hanging out all over Hollywood for years. Funny enough some of the pictures you have linked are of Henry with Corey's boyfriend. One big happy family people!

by Anonymousreply 13710/08/2011

R137, straight guys don't normally spend that much time hanging out with gay men.

by Anonymousreply 13810/08/2011

Super hot new pictures of Henry in Immortals!

by Anonymousreply 13910/13/2011

Nice, but Henry's Tudors body was hotter - beefy and naturally hairy.

Now they have made him really muscular and shaved.

by Anonymousreply 14010/13/2011

R137 You need to get more enlightened friends.

My best friend is straight and we adore each other and spend all the time we can with each other.He is totally and utterly straight and I have known him since school more than 25 years ago. He is not the exception.

I have quite a few straight male friends. They can be more themselves around me. There is none of that macho shit you have when straight guys meet or gay guys get on Datalounge.!

by Anonymousreply 14110/13/2011

I also am a gay man with a lot of straight friends R141 but I think you are missing the point the poster was making.

Henry Cavill's social circle seemed to be solely made up of gay men. All of a sudden when he becomes more famous he is suddenly engaged to a girl he was never seen with or pictured with (and still isn't) and the internet is scrubbed of all the pictures of him and his gays.

It seems a textbook example of a star on the rise who is trying to closet themselves.

by Anonymousreply 14210/13/2011

Yes, R142. That's what I was getting at above. I'm not saying straight guys don't have any gay friends, but you have to look at the Henry Cavill situation in context with all the other circumstances.

Why has an engagement been announced to a woman he never mentioned before and who appears to be invisible? Why are pictures of Henry with gay friends disappearing?

by Anonymousreply 14310/13/2011

He is beauty personified.

by Anonymousreply 14410/16/2011

Someone posted the same as R110 on

"Very Gay

You guys do know right? I can relate to his Beard though but I'm not unstable lol.

When I first moved to West Hollywood YEARS ago, Henry was a waiter at restaurant. I think it was off of Santa Monica & La Brea and even then my friends and I thought he was gay. He's rather subtle though...until you saw him at The Abbey with his uber gay posse. He had lots of greasy hair and they were always outside near the gate because he always smoking."

by Anonymousreply 14511/20/2011

So where is this fiancée he is supposedly engaged to?

by Anonymousreply 14611/20/2011

surely someone has a story to tell

by Anonymousreply 14712/09/2011

It seems fairly unlikely that a Brit actor was working in a West Hollywood restaurant as a waiter YEARS ago, as that freaky-sounding imdb poster says.

by Anonymousreply 14812/09/2011

Let me get this "straight"... because Henry's good friends with a gay guy, he couldn't possibly be straight? Did this thread come from 1952? Are you fucking retarded?

By those standards (coming from a gay website) no straight guy should have any gay friends, is that right? You want to break down stereotypes, stop bullying, and be treated as equal, but when a straight guy actually becomes a friend, gay people attack him and accuse him of being gay?

by Anonymousreply 14912/09/2011

That is what makes people think Cavill is gay R146. His fiancee appeared out of no where once he started to get popular.

They were never seen together, seriously try to find a picture of them together or him even mentioning her. Then all of a sudden he is engaged once his career takes off and those pesky gay rumors and pics are circulating. It all looked pretty textbook.

by Anonymousreply 15012/09/2011

[r149] that is not what is happening at all re: Cavill ~ learn how to read

by Anonymousreply 15112/09/2011

Boy did R149 totally twist or misunderstand the entire scenario. Did R149 even read the central points of this thread?

Henry wasn't just photographed with a gay friend - he was spending time with many gay friends, posing with them, hugging them and hanging out with them and then his people tried to have those photos deleted. Meanwhile, a 'fiancé' appears out of the blue.

by Anonymousreply 15212/09/2011

The sad thing is if Cavill was openly gay I guarantee the studios would not have cast him as Superman. It really is disgusting.

I really don't think the audience would give a shit, not most of them anyway, but the studios are behind the curve and wouldn't take that chance.

by Anonymousreply 15312/09/2011

Personally I always flat out hands down believed that Keram post from last year or the year before that claimed Cavill had had a steamy fling with Jake Gyllenhaal and one of the magazines had photos of them together, made it sound pretty compromising.

It was a really random pair to put together since Cavill was virtually unknown then. Jebus would he and Jake make a hot twosome though.

Even if it's bullshit, it's still a great story. Oh Jennifer!

by Anonymousreply 15412/09/2011

[quote]This is why straight people don't want to hang around gay people. You cannot hang out with a couple of fags without the entire gay community proclaiming that you're gay.

What a load of silly garbage from someone that spews it like a Phelps.

You don't get out much do you.

by Anonymousreply 15512/09/2011

I didn't believe the Jake & Henry report at the time myself, but perhaps it is true afterall.

I am certainly willing to believe Henry is gay after some of the recent events.

by Anonymousreply 15612/09/2011

me too.

by Anonymousreply 15712/20/2011

Do you think he'll come out eventually or just remain one of the many closet cases in Hollywood?

It would be nice if someone would grow a pair for once and refuse to do the bearding shit.

by Anonymousreply 15812/20/2011

'hiding in plain sight' is increasingly becoming the norm ... anything less is definitely worthy of scorn...

by Anonymousreply 15912/21/2011

by Anonymousreply 16012/25/2011

WTF is this supposed to mean?

by Anonymousreply 16112/25/2011

Oh dear. Another year, another supposedly gay superman thread. Routh was supposed to be minted gay. Now only a blindman would deny he's merely a dull midwestern hetter.

by Anonymousreply 16312/25/2011

Within the past 24 hours, r162 has defended Mel Gibson for telling the truth about "those people," referred to a dead gay as a "typical rancid queen" and claimed that George Michael has AIDS and just went through a drug overdose. He's here to wish us a happy gay-bashing Christmas. Ho, ho, ho.

by Anonymousreply 16412/25/2011

[quote]Oh dear. Another year, another supposedly gay superman thread. Routh was supposed to be minted gay. Now only a blindman would deny he's merely a dull midwestern hetter.

Are you under the guy's bed?

So shut up then.

Happy Xmas.

by Anonymousreply 16512/25/2011

R163...what are YOU doing on a GOSSIP board, cunt? Go away.

Routh was outed by a gossip columnist. Outright. He never sued. Gay men can be boring and bland, too, dearest. You are the evidence of that!

by Anonymousreply 16612/25/2011

"Routh was outed by a gossip columnist."

Details please!

by Anonymousreply 16712/25/2011

R161, it probably means exasperation at the tedious bickering in the posts above it.

Is it any wonder we take one step back for every two steps forward we take?

Gay people might accomplish a lot more if we stopped fighting each other over irrelevant non-issues.

by Anonymousreply 16812/25/2011

Henry certainly is gorgeous.....

by Anonymousreply 16912/31/2011

R167...a gossip columnist named Rich Johnston wrote a piece about how bold the new movie was in having a gay (albeit closeted) star. He also mentioned Spacey. But he named Routh as being gay, outright. He was never sued by Routh, and there was a lot of discussion about this among comic book fans on the internet.

When Routh made Superman he was single. But shortly thereafter he produced a 'long-term' girlfriend who he'd made a small film with. She's an actress. And she pretty much popped up out of the blue. He subsequently married her.

Johnston still works online, and there were no repercussions for his having outed Routh. It was all forgotten after the film 'bombed' anyway. ( I say 'bombed' know what I mean).

Something similar happened to John Wesley Shipp when he was making The Flash TV series. A comic book magazine called Amazing Heroes outed him as being 'married' to a wealthy male heir...I've forgotten who it was. Again, no repercussions.

by Anonymousreply 17001/01/2012

R168...particularly if supposedly gay men weren't so argumentative against the possibility that a lot of people are actually closeted, something most gay men should know is true.

by Anonymousreply 17101/01/2012

He is bi. Men or female athletes.

by Anonymousreply 17201/01/2012

I've always heard the issue was Routh was that he was insanely boring, not that he was gay.

Did the wife really come into play so recently.

I thought he was with her BEFORE Superman.

by Anonymousreply 17301/04/2012

Supposedly, he's no longer with his fiancee, according to a poster with bad spelling on IMDB (not the most reliable source, I realize).

"Its true Henry is not in a relationship with Ellen anymore. He is just starting to get bigger and more famous so theres not so much drama about who he is dating that is not yet!! once man of steel comes out Im sure more of his life and go abouts will be announced. But NO he is not with that girl anymore , It was a short engagement. Since then I believe he is single he is actually a really good guy and doesnt date much .But he has been seen out a few times in Vancouver while filming Man of Steel with the same gorgeous looking girl."

by Anonymousreply 17401/09/2012

Thanks R170!

by Anonymousreply 17501/09/2012

If that's true it pretty much confirms what we suspected, R174 - the 'engagement' was all for PR and to prove his straightness when he got cast as Superman.

by Anonymousreply 17601/09/2012

[quote]If that's true it pretty much confirms what we suspected, [R174] - the 'engagement' was all for PR and to prove his straightness when he got cast as Superman.

Exactly. Anyone who actually believed that "engagement" was real is a fool, considering they were never once seen together. The whole thing was just a stunt to quite the gay rumors after those pictures of him and his gay "friends".

Same old sad Hollywood story.

by Anonymousreply 17701/09/2012

Does Henry have a boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 17801/09/2012

Some Superman set pictures. His back looks very muscular; pity that the ass seems relatively flat. Is it the trousers or the intensive working out resulting in additional musculature that have made his ass look smaller?

by Anonymousreply 17901/10/2012

by Anonymousreply 18001/10/2012

by Anonymousreply 18101/10/2012

We saw his ass in the Tudors. It's nice.

by Anonymousreply 18301/10/2012

Are you retarded, R182? If we don't point out the gay stars, the entire straight world will go on pretending that they don't exist, and you and I will never get our rights recognized by "them."

Don't be so shallow to think that this is all about sex and "worshipping."

That said, his ass is looking even better after Man Of Steel, R183. Too bad we won't get to see it on the big screen. I envy the guy that gets to enjoy that tight bulbous ass hands-on.

by Anonymousreply 18401/10/2012

Get over yourselves. How do you know if such and such a person is gay anyway? Cavill is British, there is a lot of gay men in the acting scene there and they are all friendly with the straight stars. Also having gay friends is not a big deal at all over this side of the Atlantic. Besides, considering the strength of the Gay dollar, it is possible that his PR team are the ones circulating those rumours just to hype up a star amongst a particular demographic!! The name is a brand, and they are creating a particular image of the brand to appeal to a particular audience group. Gay rumours to pull in the gays, straight he-man for the boys, romantic hero for the girls etc etc.... And yes many gossip columnists are also in on the PR scam too or didn't you know. As a result, you think you actually know the person and believe that they are like you whereas the reality is always different.

by Anonymousreply 18501/10/2012

The hole in your argument, R185, is that these "rumours" of Henry have been floating around since before he became a well-known name. In fact, the photos and gay references have been floating around since before his role in The Count of Monte Cristo. So you see, these aren't just recent developments based on wishful thinking. They're based on several years of observation and readily-available facts. We're just paying close attention to what's going to behind the curtain in the Land of Oz.

by Anonymousreply 18601/10/2012

R185 Yeah, I bet you do work in PR after reading that post full of bullshit trying (and failing miserably) to throw people off, which is the job of a PR.

by Anonymousreply 18701/10/2012

If R185 works in PR, he must be really bad at it, considering that post of his.

Also, there is no way publicists push gay rumours. There is still too much bigotry in Hollywood for a publicist to plant gay rumours.

by Anonymousreply 18801/10/2012

Henry may be nice looking, but he looks old as hell for 28. He's going to look well into his 40's by the time he's 35.

Also, he seems so boring and dull in interviews. No sense of humor at all.

by Anonymousreply 18901/10/2012

According to IMDB-pro, Brandon Routh is married to Courtney Ford and has been since 2007.

by Anonymousreply 19001/10/2012

[quote]According to IMDB-pro, Brandon Routh is married to Courtney Ford and has been since 2007.

And this has to do with Henry Cavill how?

by Anonymousreply 19101/10/2012

His head is too big in those muscle pictures, or something. It makes his body look smaller, and he doesn't look like an imposing large guy the way that Reeve and Routh did.

by Anonymousreply 19201/10/2012

"OMG WHO CARES? Do you need someone to worship? This is why they hate us."

Why are you posting on a gay gossip site if you don't care who is gay? Are you retarded? I doubt you think it is justified to hate straight people who read US Weekly and obsess over which straight stars are dating each other so why are you posting shit like "This is why they hate us?" if someone wants to speculate about Henry Cavill is gay?

by Anonymousreply 19301/10/2012

R182 is either a closeted gay actor or a gay agent who encourages his clients to be closeted. Bet on it.

by Anonymousreply 19401/10/2012

R183, I don't think Henry has shown his ass since 'The Tudors', unfortunately, so it's been a long time.

And unfortunately, recent directors told Henry he was fat and to start working out a lot more, so he probably doesn't have the beefy bubble butt he used to have.

by Anonymousreply 19501/10/2012

Do you work in Puerto Rico, R185? How's the whether in San Juan?

by Anonymousreply 19601/10/2012

To R186 AND 196, no I don't work in Puerto Rico, but in London, and the Weather is cold. I do know that in this industry, that if a guy is relatively handsome and personable,regardless of sexuality, there will always be gay rumours no matter what. Many actors, especially younger ones, tend to be bisexual and experimental until later on when they finally decide on a sexuality they want to embrace- straight or gay. It does not matter whether the rumours are true or false. The gossip is part of the marketing game, upping a persons profile and getting their name out there. Especially in the entertainment industry, where everyone, straight or gay will have gay friends no matter.

Also to the issue of bigotry. Yes I am well aware of bigotry in Hollywood, and so are many of my PR contacts there. But lets face it, you guys are a huge audience segment and yes we will do anything to market clients to all potential audiences. A market segment is a market segment with revenue generating possibilities and with the sheer financial power of the gay community regardless of public perceptions and bigotry, of course we are going to find ways of getting the audience of identifying with a client in whatever way possible. And that includes getting you to think that they might be actually gay regardless of reality!

And R187, I have done that in the past for a client who is very straight, but his caberet act unfortunately relies heavily on having a gay audience and yes we do feed and seed such rumours to attract them. It is no different to marketing gay entertainers as pinups to fangirls. The real trick however, is to do it in a way without it being too obvious. Unfortunately too many celebs and PR hacks just do not have that ability and every single thing and photo-op ends up being glaringly obvious.

After all how do you think many of the blind item gossip sites get their apparently juicy scandalous information from. Most of it with the exception of a few tidbits that are actually true, is fed to them by us in order to generate speculation and a buzz amongst the internet community. The situation is the exact same here as in the main stream media. It's actually the reason why I got into the PR in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 19701/11/2012

That's the most ridiculous drivel I've heard in a while, R197. "Feeding and seeding" gay rumors? HA! That'll be the day. Back to the point: There were several online photos of Henry with his gay pals (including some nice kissy ones), and some revealing candid interviews, before 99% of America knew he existed. If you want to make a name for yourself in a different country, you certainly don't begin by posting homoerotic images of yourself on the internet as a marketing ploy!

by Anonymousreply 19801/11/2012

A couple points R197 makes is correct. Actors are much more likely than the general public to have experimented with both genders which makes defining their sexuality a little more gray.

It is true that floating the idea that an actor could be gay is a good way to ensure the gay community follows him. Look at how every move of Jake Gyllenhaal is posted here on the DL. It isn't really pushing gay rumors, but it is easy allow people who want an actor to be gay to believe that and it won't at all effect the general audience believing him to be straight.

And obviously some blind items are PR planted, that shouldn't be news.

by Anonymousreply 19901/11/2012

R199, firstly, Jake G is not talked about here much anymore.

Secondly, there is a difference between wanting to have a gay audience, and wanting people to think you are gay. Yes, many straight celebrities like to have a gay fanbase, but they don't normally want people to think they are actually gay.

by Anonymousreply 20001/11/2012

So, guess who might be playing Lex to Henry's Supes? I won't spoil the surprise, but it rhymes with Shmadley Shmooper.

I can't wait to hear the star-trailer rumors about those two!

by Anonymousreply 20101/11/2012

R201 Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 20201/11/2012

Excellent slash vid

by Anonymousreply 20301/11/2012

It seems odd that he had to work as a barman when he went to Hollywood, cause it's not as if he hadn't done stuff before that.

Sure, he hadn't broke through then - and still hasn't really but weird for an up and comer.

As for him being gay, I was sure it was too good to be true. Especially when I saw this lovely bearded interview, he is so handsome and masculine and a Jamie Dornan type so I thought no way.

by Anonymousreply 20401/13/2012

But go back a bit earlier and it's a different scenario.

Here he's already being accused of looking older by that rude reality show bitch "presenter".

by Anonymousreply 20501/13/2012

He has gay face in early pics. So he definitely improved as he got older with the rugged, less baby faced look that suits him more.

With to die for looks like those, I wondered why he wasn't yet a star. I suspected it was cause he couldn't act and had no charisma. And on the little I've seen, looks like I was right.

He might be good in The Tudors but I can't be arsed watching that. Looks like he specialises in period parts.

by Anonymousreply 20601/13/2012

He only looks good in period clothing

by Anonymousreply 20701/13/2012

R204/R205/R206 = Fangurl in denial

by Anonymousreply 20801/13/2012

Wtf are you on about R208? Can you even READ? I never denied anything or said anything either way, all I said was it seemed too good to be true (i.e. I want it to be true), then I presented gay face pics where I hint that he is in fact, gay. And as if a fangirl would say he couldn't act and hasn't watched The Tudors. Bitch please.

by Anonymousreply 20901/13/2012

"Is Superman's Henry Cavill Gay?"

I think they saved on wires to make him fly.

by Anonymousreply 21001/13/2012

R200, you are certainly right that many actors, especially those in the closet don't want people to perceive that they are gay but since I have an extensive network of gay friends, I can tell you that like fan-girls they have crushes on actors, musicians and models all the time. And if you develop a serious crush on somebody, of course you are going to think that that person must be gay. This applies especially in entertainment where this is a proliferation of very handsome and cute guys around and for the ordinary gay man,it is like being a kid in a candy shop. Quite simply they are creating a fantasy in their mind, imagining they are in love with that person, and as a result creating the idea that the other person must be gay, in order to make themselves believe that their affections could ever be returned. It doesn't matter whether the object of their affection is straight or gay in reality. And that is how people get to think that an actor might be gay in most instances. For the actor or celebrity, it is an occupational hazard and major downside to the job. Most sensible PR people are aware of this and we try to turn the effects of basic psychology to our advantage. BTW, some of the nicest people I have worked with are gay men who aren't closeted. Simply because they have come to terms with who they are and don't have to hide behind a front anymore. The closeted ones are the biggest jerks of the lot and to those guys out there fantasising about them, if you knew what they were really like, you would run a hundred miles from them and hoped never to encounter them again. This is because fame aside, they are too busy trying to run away from themselves psychologically and they also the biggest man-whores out there too.

by Anonymousreply 21101/15/2012

[quote]but since I have an extensive network of gay friends, I can tell you that like fan-girls they have crushes on actors, musicians and models all the time

That made me laugh my ass off! Glad you gained such secret insider knowledge into the minds of us gay men.

That was a long post to say...

Gay men like attractive celebrities and would hope they are gay?

Being closeted is emotionally damaging and closet cases are often fucked up in some way?

Sweetie, you are on a gay messageboard talking to gay people. We know these things.

by Anonymousreply 21201/15/2012

[quote]but since I have an extensive network of gay friends, I can tell you that like fan-girls they have crushes on actors, musicians and models all the time.And if you develop a serious crush on somebody, of course you are going to think that that person must be gay.

What? Do you think we're twelve? I'd like nothing more than Michael Fassbender to be gay (so do many other men), but we'll readily admit that he's straight. On the other hand, guys like Henry have a trail of tell-tale signs pointing to his gayness. This is true for many other actors (Cruise, Travolta, etc, Cooper, Gyllenhaal, etc.) despite their bearding or the red herrings tossed about by their handlers. We may appreciate handsome actors of all flavors, but when we've zeroed in on some of them due to their all-but-admitted yet obvious homosexuality, it's usually for a very good reason.

by Anonymousreply 21301/15/2012

[quote]This applies especially in entertainment where this is a proliferation of very handsome and cute guys around and for the ordinary gay man,it is like being a kid in a candy shop.

Don't be such a patronising snob. You speak as if gay men have no right to have an imagination, creativity or basic human sex drive, the same taken-for-granted attributes straight men and women are allowed to run amok with freely on internet forums and in public when they please.

You know full well a high percentage of figures in entertainment are gay or bi and that gay people are pretty damn good at rooting them out. Both gay and straight people can see past PR games.

by Anonymousreply 21401/15/2012

He was gorgeous in the The Tudors r206. It's a good series. You'll enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 21501/15/2012

OMG the troll in this thread. I'd fuck Henry from here till 2020 but I agree with my gay mates here - he's gay! No doubt in my mind. 100% GAY!

by Anonymousreply 21601/15/2012

[quote]OMG the troll in this thread. I'd fuck Henry from here till 2020 but I agree with my gay mates here - he's gay! No doubt in my mind. 100% GAY!

Thank you! Anyone who can't realize this is in denial.

by Anonymousreply 21701/15/2012

r217 it's very simple for me. Although he's a very convincing straight on screen (in what I saw of him), his history (or lack thereof) tells the story. I started watching The Tudors and thought he was stunning so I looked him up on imdb and knew immediately. Once and for all, straight guys have histories esp at him age. They don't have to be with a new woman every few weeks or months but straight guys start dating in their teens or late teens. They have relationships even if lasting a few months. You get to see pics of them and girlfriends before and after becoming famous and hear stories of people who knew them and their girlfriends. That's how REAL life happens and not PR shit and photoops. When there's none of that for a man nearing 30 and in his case everybody surrounding him is gay, you know.

by Anonymousreply 21801/15/2012

He's gay. I met him at a couple of gay parties in NYC back when he was on The Tudors. He was very out then.

by Anonymousreply 21901/15/2012

Given everything we know about him I don't see how you would think he wasn't gay.

It seems pretty logical based on what we know.

by Anonymousreply 22001/15/2012

[quote]He's gay. I met him at a couple of gay parties in NYC back when he was on The Tudors. He was very out then.

Tell us more - did he have a boyfriend? Did you talk to him?

by Anonymousreply 22101/15/2012

R218 You said it all right there. Unfortunately, some delusional fangurls refuse to accept this.

by Anonymousreply 22201/15/2012

r222 I can understand teenage girls refusing to believe because they know dickall about men, sex and life but any woman over 20 would have to be mental not to believe a man is gay when it's so obvious. The same shit was going on with Wentworth Miller (does it still?) with the fangirls saying he "hasn't found the right one" and is a virgin, blah blah. No good looking man that is reasonably sane and over 20, 22 is a virgin if he can help it. There's no such thing as "no time to date" and such BS. Even less than average straight men get laid and have some sort of relationships and leave evidence of it (pictures, people witnessing it - real people in their lives, not PR crooks).

In order to not get laid and never have a girlfriend, a man would have to be truly hideous, severely handicapped, completely insane or dirt poor which obviously isn't the case with all these young stars.

by Anonymousreply 22301/15/2012

That's true to a large extent, although you have to remember there are a small number of men who are religious and who stay virgins until they are married - sometimes into their 30's or 40's.

And there are many celebrities and good-looking people who admit in interviews that they sometimes go long periods of time without being in a relationship.

Having said that, in a case where it's a male celebrity who is closeted, it is normally a different situation altogether.

by Anonymousreply 22401/16/2012

[quote]you have to remember there are a small number of men who are religious and who stay virgins until they are married

Would you actually find any of that small number of men who are in show business?

by Anonymousreply 22501/16/2012

Once in a while, R225. There are a few people like Lisa Kudrow, Scott Reeves etc. who have said they were virgins when they got married.

And some politicians like Mitt Romney and Rick Perry.

by Anonymousreply 22601/16/2012

Ack! Was the "Who was the sexiest Superman?" thread deleted? If so, why?!

by Anonymousreply 22701/17/2012

An ONTD thread features and interesting story from a girl who say's her female friend has been fucking Henry for months...after I read her story, I said out loud, "she's lying."

Story sounds like a plant.

Plus, I know people who are working on that's non-stop work for everybody, so where is Henry getting all this time to leave set to fuck this chick?

by Anonymousreply 22801/21/2012

I wonder what type of relationship Henry had with Jonathan Rhys Meyers on The Tudors? JRM's sexuality is a matter of debate too, and he has a huge uncut cock, so that might have been tempting for Henry.

by Anonymousreply 22901/21/2012

R228 I can't believe anyone would believe the shit fraus and fangurls post on ONTD. You should know better.

by Anonymousreply 23001/21/2012

Awwww. Adorable.

by Anonymousreply 23101/23/2012

Candid shots from the sets of superhero films always look so silly, but onscreen they're usually awesome. Why is that?

Henry's hair and costume in the photo with the cute kid look cheap.

by Anonymousreply 23201/23/2012

these stories will peak when "Superman" comes out...

by Anonymousreply 23302/07/2012

Would someone please get Henry to show his ass & cock in a future film?

by Anonymousreply 23402/07/2012

[quote]these stories will peak when "Superman" comes out...

Unfortunately, I don't think they will if lame ass sites like IMDB and ONTD are anything to go by - they're full of deluded fangurls who refuse to believe he's gay.

I remember when Perez tried outing him back in 2008/09 before he became more well known in the last year. Unfortunately, Perez pussied out in late 2010 and said he wouldn't out people anymore. I can only imagine what other gossip there is on him; sadly, we probably won't get to find out about it now.

by Anonymousreply 23502/07/2012

I'm sure the majority of people posting here are non-Brits.

Girls, Cavill is not gay. He's hot, yes. Would I love to bang him? FUCK YES! But he's not gay. He's straight. Heterosexuals do exist.

by Anonymousreply 23602/07/2012

[quote]Given everything we know about him I don't see how you would think he wasn't gay.

Rundown of what we supposedly know now.

by Anonymousreply 23702/07/2012

R236, what does being British have to do with it?

And why do you think he is straight?

by Anonymousreply 23802/07/2012

R236 = Fangurl

Perez already outed him during the days he was on the Tudors and Perez was NEVER wrong about any of the people he outed.

by Anonymousreply 23902/07/2012

R236/R237 Read the damn thread if you want a "rundown". Nobody wants to type all that shit again.

by Anonymousreply 24002/07/2012

I didn't read what Perez said about Cavill. What did he say?

by Anonymousreply 24102/07/2012

R236, I'm British and I think he's gay.

I think he had a fling with Jake Gyllenhaal. How's that grab you.

by Anonymousreply 24202/07/2012

R46 yeah it's been said a lot that he looks like Matt Bomer.

I can sorta see it, and while I'm not into Bomer he's obviously technically perfect looking and I think he'd make an even better Superman, with those blue eyes he's so Clark Kent it's unreal.

I was thinking that someone should do a poll of who they prefer between DL fave Bomer and his Anglo counterpart Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 24302/07/2012

He'll be uncut.

by Anonymousreply 24402/07/2012

Do you think Henry was involved with Jonathan Rhys Meyers during 'The Tudors'?

by Anonymousreply 24502/07/2012

[quote]Do you think Henry was involved with Jonathan Rhys Meyers during 'The Tudors'?

Wouldn't surprise me.

I also wonder if him and Luke Evans did anything while filming Immortals...that would definitely not surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 24602/07/2012

I wonder what Henry's brothers look like? He has four of them. He is one of five boys.

by Anonymousreply 24702/07/2012

I agree, Henry is straight, all actors are gay here R236.

by Anonymousreply 24802/07/2012

[quote]I wonder what Henry's brothers look like? He has four of them. He is one of five boys.

I've seen a few pictures of them, and honestly, there was only one that looked good. The other three were not good looking at all (and I'm putting it nicely). Henry lucked out somehow.

by Anonymousreply 24902/07/2012

[quote]I agree, Henry is straight, all actors are gay here

All actors are NOT gay on the DL. That is an often repeated lie. All joking aside there is only a certain collection of actors who a significant number of posters actually believe are gay...and there tends to be some sort of reason to believe that.

Henry Cavill has a host of legitimate reasons to think he is probably gay as anyone who actually looked through this thread would have to agree with. Whether he is or isn't it wasn't just some "DL fantasy" that was pulled out of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 25002/07/2012

[quote]All actors are NOT gay on the DL. That is an often repeated lie.

You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 25102/07/2012

[quote][R236]/[R237] Read the damn thread if you want a "rundown". Nobody wants to type all that shit again.

Proved my point. You have no evidence. This thread is a bunch of nothing, by a bunch of queens who believe everyone is gay. But carry on.

by Anonymousreply 25202/07/2012

[quote]Proved my point. You have no evidence. This thread is a bunch of nothing, by a bunch of queens who believe everyone is gay. But carry on.

Then why are you reading the thread if you think it's so stupid, you dumbass desperate fangurl? Go run back to your ONTD boards.

by Anonymousreply 25302/07/2012

any links to Perez's outing of Cavill in '09?

by Anonymousreply 25402/11/2012

He didn't out him per se R254, I think the story referred to was just this

by Anonymousreply 25502/11/2012

There was also this insinuation too

by Anonymousreply 25602/11/2012

when is superman coming out, anyway? maybe speculation will renew again then...

by Anonymousreply 25702/26/2012

Whatever happened with Henry's 'engagement' to Ellen Whitaker?

by Anonymousreply 25802/26/2012

"engagement" indeed

by Anonymousreply 25902/28/2012

[quote]Whatever happened with Henry's 'engagement' to Ellen Whitaker?

I don't think he's even trying to beard anymore. He was apparently at the Mahiki club in London (according to their Facebook page) on Valentine's day and not one mention of his "fiance". He was also at another club in London a few days ago and was taking pix with some fans and again, no "fiance" in sight.

After all the time he spent in America last year, wouldn't you be spending all your time with your "fiance" once you were finished working after being apart for so long?

by Anonymousreply 26002/28/2012

very interesting thread....i honestly dont know what he is..but its cool to know that two of the most beautiful me on earth matt bomer and henry cavill ..are gay or gay friendly

by Anonymousreply 26103/03/2012

[quote]very interesting thread....i honestly dont know what he is..but its cool to know that two of the most beautiful me on earth matt bomer and henry cavill ..are gay or gay friendly

Why is it cool? It's not like you'll ever have either one, so it really doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 26203/03/2012

its not about me ever having them.its still cool that it is

by Anonymousreply 26303/03/2012

[quote]Why is it cool? It's not like you'll ever have either one, so it really doesn't matter.

Not r261 but this kind of bitchiness is so unclassy. Really, if you didn't think it "mattered" to people in even the slightest sense of happiness or goodwill, you wouldn't be poking around on these threads.

by Anonymousreply 26403/03/2012

The fact we won't have him goes without saying. We know that. But I think one reason everyone wants people to be gay here is it enhances the fantasy (regardless if you have a chance with them). You're suddenly more interested if that guy is gay and it's a real turn on and gives you hope - in the sense that someone like that is gay, since there's always been a dearth of great gay role models.

by Anonymousreply 26503/03/2012

[quote]You're suddenly more interested if that guy is gay and it's a real turn on

And now you know why they stay in the closet. Everything you said applies to straights too and these closeted actors serve the same purposes for both straight women and straight men.

by Anonymousreply 26603/03/2012

R266 So Henry's not coming out I guess, huh?

by Anonymousreply 26703/03/2012

WHY should he..he has an Alist movie career ..not everybody whats to be a human /civil rights campaigner ..his career is the best it can ..people will kill for it ...matt bomer is stuck doing tv shows ..

his on top of the game now ...and if you were in his shoes you will probably do the same ..that is if his even gay in the first place

by Anonymousreply 26803/10/2012

hope he is man

by Anonymousreply 26903/11/2012

r268 you are such a homophobic cunt.

by Anonymousreply 27003/11/2012

R268 Matt's career is doing just fine and I have 100x more respect for him for being himself instead of being a closet case like Henry.

And nobody is asking these closet cases to be human rights campaigners; it would just be nice if they had the fucking guts to stop pretending to be something they aren't.

by Anonymousreply 27103/11/2012

Couldn't have said it any better, R271.

by Anonymousreply 27203/11/2012

Word R271. Coming out is not about being some gay rights campaigner.

It is simply about not lying to the public about your sexuality and not being ashamed on who you are.

You seem pretty self-hating R268.

by Anonymousreply 27303/11/2012

oh please R273 ..people lie about more serious things but we dont go beating bring their names up and asking them to come out .

Acting is his lively hood ..he used to be a bartender ..his ont op of the world now ....why would he go commit career suicide to please some insecure cunts on this board

its easy for you to sit behind your computers at home and demand someone to come out ..when you are not working in the industry ..or you dont know what internel turmoil a person is going through and how his not ready to accept what his family will think of him ..etc

by Anonymousreply 27403/12/2012

Some great pics of Henry here.

by Anonymousreply 27503/17/2012

[quote]Acting is his lively hood ..he used to be a bartender ..his ont op of the world now ....why would he go commit career suicide to please some insecure cunts on this board

That's fine, but I hope the money is worth spending the rest of his life ducking and dodging and hiding in the closet. You can never be truly happy in the closet, and that's a fact.

by Anonymousreply 27603/17/2012

Is that Dustin Lance Black with Henry in this photo?

by Anonymousreply 27703/23/2012

Dustin Lance Black wishes that he could get in Henry Cavill's pants. Never gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 27803/23/2012

He looked like a man!

by Anonymousreply 27903/23/2012

Yes, that appears to be Dustin.

Why won't he be able to get in Henry's pants?

by Anonymousreply 28003/23/2012

[quote]Dustin Lance Black wishes that he could get in Henry Cavill's pants. Never gonna happen.

In the other pics I've seen of Henry with gay men, the gay men are ugly, so anything is possible. Maybe Henry likes being the better looking one.

by Anonymousreply 28103/23/2012

The soldier brother of Jersey Superman star Henry Cavill has been made an MBE after helping to capture a senior Taliban commander.

While the Jersey-born actor will soon be known to millions as the legendary comic book hero Superman, the Man of Steel, his Marine brother, Major Nik Cavill, has proved to have nerves of steel after leading his troops on a series of missions in Afghanistan.

And yesterday he was rewarded for his bravery in the special Operational Honours list announced at Admiralty House.

by Anonymousreply 28203/24/2012

He's generous all right. His loose anus can attest to that fact.

by Anonymousreply 28503/25/2012

Jersey = Jersey Islands, a British & French group of islands between the coasts of England and France

by Anonymousreply 28603/25/2012

R284 First of all, that doesn't mean jack shit. LOTS of friends of closeted people will "cover" for them to keep their secret. Hell, when I was in the closet in high school my friends used to say I was straight when people wondered and asked.

Second, Corey should feel dumb as hell for showing Henry the ropes in the business because as soon as Henry started having success, Henry dropped him like a hot rock. There a several pics of them together pre-Tudors, but post-Tudors, not a one. Corey doesn't even mention him anymore. Just goes to show fame-hungry people will get whatever they can get out of you and drop you as soon as you're of no use to them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 28703/25/2012

He says Henry is straight but follows it up with...he won't tell anyone's business. Um, didn't you just say he's str8?

Sounds like someone is lying!

by Anonymousreply 28803/25/2012

Is Henry's relationship with his 'fiancé' over? She was mentioned at the time Henry got a major movie role last year, and then we've never heard of her again.

by Anonymousreply 28903/25/2012

R289 They broke up. It was reported on weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 29003/25/2012

Seems like it was a fake engagement. She was never even photographed with him and it sure wasn't a long engagement.

by Anonymousreply 29103/25/2012

HIS STRAIGHT BITCHES stay mad ......

by Anonymousreply 29203/26/2012

If he's so straight, why did he engage in a fake engagement?

by Anonymousreply 29303/26/2012

Henry believes in privacy, as in "none of your business!"

by Anonymousreply 29403/26/2012

his so hot ..and that accent .. .... i dont know what his orientation ..he seems asexual to me..but his the biggest actor of the bast three years and what ever his doing it he should keep doing it..lord know Matt Bomer wishes he had henrys career

by Anonymousreply 29503/26/2012

[quote]his so hot ..and that accent .. .... i dont know what his orientation ..he seems asexual to me..but his the biggest actor of the bast three years and what ever his doing it he should keep doing it..lord know Matt Bomer wishes he had henrys career

And Henry wishes he had the guts that Matt Bomer has since Matt doesn't hide in the closet like a pussy or do this bearding shit all for the sake of trying to attract fangirls like yourself.

Oh, and you really need to go back to school and learn spelling and punctuation.

by Anonymousreply 29603/26/2012

There's no news of Henry and Ellen breaking up - according to Wikipedia they are still engaged:

by Anonymousreply 29703/26/2012

Thread on IMDB with a poster claiming Henry is gay and talking about Henry's days at a waiter in West Hollywood and being seen at The Abbey:

by Anonymousreply 29803/26/2012

R297 Try to find ONE picture of the two of them together and then you draw your own conclusions as to whether or not they were EVER "engaged" in the first place.

My God - it's not rocket science people!

by Anonymousreply 29903/26/2012

R299, I think you may be right and I said something similar above. I was just stating that there has not been an official breakup announcement yet and as a result, many sites like Wikipedia still only carry the 'engagement' announcement last year. The same goes for this site about Ellen:

by Anonymousreply 30003/26/2012

R300 I saw the break up news on the E! news ticker. I don't know why it hasn't been reported elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 30103/26/2012

It seems as if the 'engagement' was announced shortly after Henry got the Superman part - almost as if the PR team was trying to send a message to the public that he was straight.

But doesn't it look suspicious when the two people have never been seen together and then 'break up' only a half a year later?

by Anonymousreply 30203/26/2012

Henry Cavill working out .gif:

by Anonymousreply 30303/26/2012

Henry bulge:

by Anonymousreply 30403/26/2012

Another .gif of Henry working out:

by Anonymousreply 30503/26/2012

another Henry .gif:

by Anonymousreply 30603/26/2012

R303 Does he do that before he jumps on a guys' ass?

by Anonymousreply 30703/26/2012

Henry is trying to look all tough at R303, but I think he pings there.

by Anonymousreply 30803/26/2012

cant imagine the kind of training he is going through for this superman role , it must be excruciating ....

his marriage engagement was strange but hey weirder things have happened in hollywood he dating anybody now ?

by Anonymousreply 30903/26/2012

Like I said, you may dream your ass off, you may, nobody cares, as long as you are not spreading false messages all over internet.

Corey is far from covering up for anybody "in the closet" fyi, vice versa - he probably even wished that H. were gay, but alas! And being honest as Corey is, he has to admit the sad (for him!) truth.

by Anonymousreply 31003/26/2012

I don't think Henry is gay, because if he was gay, he would have had hung out with other hot gay men, not this Corey guy.

Gay men are like high school girls, the pretty ones travel in packs.

by Anonymousreply 31103/26/2012

Henry is pushing 30 and has yet to have a documented relationship with a woman.

by Anonymousreply 31203/26/2012

Someone on IMDB finally found a photo of Henry with Ellen:

by Anonymousreply 31303/26/2012

yay ellen and henry

by Anonymousreply 31403/27/2012

Here's a shit ton of those Immortals gifs and pics

by Anonymousreply 31503/27/2012

You can almost see part of his ass in the 3rd pic in this series:

by Anonymousreply 31603/28/2012

One of the comments at R315 says that Henry is gay.

by Anonymousreply 31703/28/2012

R313 That's reportedly a photoshopped picture (see link and scroll down).

Try again.

by Anonymousreply 31803/29/2012

I am beginning to think he is gay afterall.

by Anonymousreply 31903/29/2012

i want a Cavill Bomer sextape already

by Anonymousreply 32003/30/2012

r320 they'd look like brothers fucking.

I guess if that floats your boat..

by Anonymousreply 32103/30/2012

thats an incestous hook up that i am sure many will approve of

by Anonymousreply 32203/30/2012

Speaking up acceptable incestuous hookups, here's Henry's real bro, Major Nick Cavill.

I'd love to be the middle of that Super Major sandwich. YUM!

by Anonymousreply 32303/30/2012

Yes, there's a thread about Henry's brother recently getting an award for capturing a Taliban leader.

by Anonymousreply 32403/30/2012

Who the hell is Corey Spears and why would anyone take the word of someone on the internet who conviniently pops up to declare - in the style of Clooney's Italian HAIRDRESSER ffs - that some actor friend is NOT GAY.

It's pathetic, PR damage control. We've seen it a thousand times before, always done via someone else's outrage.

These gays ought to man the fuck up!

by Anonymousreply 32503/30/2012

R325 I agree. It's pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 32603/30/2012

Who knows what the truth is but if Corey was trying to protect his friend I think we can all empathize with that. If you had a close friend who was actively trying to remain closeted for their career you would probably do the same.

by Anonymousreply 32703/31/2012

[quote]Who knows what the truth is but if Corey was trying to protect his friend I think we can all empathize with that. If you had a close friend who was actively trying to remain closeted for their career you would probably do the same.

No, actually I wouldn't because I think hiding in the closet for selfish reasons like wanting fame is pathetic. If I had a closeted friend and someone asked me if they were gay, I would simply say, "You'd have to ask him that question" and if he wanted to lie, then that's up to him. But I'm not going to take part in someone else's lies. For every person that comes out (especially celebs), it truly does make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 32803/31/2012

bitches here going stay mad ..but henry is still winning at the end

by Anonymousreply 32903/31/2012

Corey sure must get something out of that statement (a movie role, new project, money, exposure) otherwise nobody in Hollywood would bother to comment on a past friendship.

by Anonymousreply 33003/31/2012

[quote]bitches here going stay mad ..but henry is still winning at the end

And dumb bitches like you are acting like fangurls defending closet-cases who don't give a fuck about you.

by Anonymousreply 33103/31/2012

Even some of the girls on IMDB find Henry's quick 'engagement' to a girl he barely knows, suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 33203/31/2012

I just want to know definitively if Henry is gay or not? There is evidence pointing in both directions. If you are a super detector, meaning you can always tell if a guy is gay or not, please come forward.

by Anonymousreply 33303/31/2012

"I just want to know definitively if Henry is gay or not?"

Well, usually we are only able to prove 'definitively' that a celebrity is gay when he finally comes out. Until then, there are always people claiming that Zachary Quinto, Luke MacFarlane, Matt Bomer, Ricky Martin, Neil Patrick Harris etc. are not gay.

by Anonymousreply 33403/31/2012

R331 lol because you hate you career sit at home demanding people to come out like that will make you feel better about your pathetic life

by Anonymousreply 33503/31/2012

If Henry is gay he won't be coming out anytime soon. His Superman film doesn't even come out until 2013, so he won't be coming out before then. He's obviously expecting a big year next year, and I don't think the studios want any controversy over his sexuality this early in his career.

by Anonymousreply 33603/31/2012

[quote]because you hate you career ..

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 33703/31/2012

The engagement thing is definitely weird. All of a sudden Henry gets engaged to a woman he hardly knows and of which there only appears to be one photograph of with him, and it all just happens to occur just after he was announced as the new Superman.

by Anonymousreply 33803/31/2012

Henry is much more famous now than he was when he was on The Tudors. Instead of being in the Top 5000 or Top 500 on IMDB, he has now moved all the way up to #96.

So in essence what this means is that his career is being much more carefully monitored and controlled than it once was, and that includes his personal life.

by Anonymousreply 33903/31/2012

R339 I wonder if money and movie roles is worth the exchange of having to hide who you really are and lie about your personal life all the time. Is it possible to still be happy?

by Anonymousreply 34003/31/2012

R340 Of course its worth it being openly gay and waiting tables

by Anonymousreply 34104/01/2012

Well that's the million dollar question for loads of gay actors, isn't it, R340? For many of them they are clearly willing to live a life of bearding in order to have their 'straight' actor careers. Others such as Zachary Quinto have decided it's not worth it.

by Anonymousreply 34204/01/2012

r340. Hollywood has some excellent shrinks specialized on pivoting where actors learn to appreciate the benefits of their careers and ignore the bad stuff for the time being (= the shrink getting paid). Of course most of these Hollywood located shrinks report their findings to the studio execs, talent agency, managers, etc. (when they foot the bill or made the referral - which is why big stars hire shrinks outside Hollywood's tight grip to deal with their personal issues).

by Anonymousreply 34304/01/2012

You guys are overthinking it. All it takes is an agent saying they will make you a star but you just need to be closeted and for most actors it is "yes, please!"

I have no idea about Cavill's sexuality but 'dems the brakes. Most closeted actors don't have the balls to care, regardless of whether or not it is true, they don't want to find out.

by Anonymousreply 34404/01/2012

R344 But I just don't get it. Don't get me wrong - I love money. But could NEVER go back into the closet again after knowing how liberating it is to be out. I don't think I could go back to the lying, denying, and charades again for any amount of money. I want love and I when I fall in love, I don't want to have to hide it.

But I guess to some people, some things are more important than others...

by Anonymousreply 34504/01/2012

R344 The gay public doesn't support gay celebrities like they do heterosexuals. The gay people who demand gay celebrities acknowledge their sexuality do it so they can have a notch on their belts that they got a gay celebrity to come out not because they want to support them. Most gay people will never get away from the mindset that heterosexuals are more valuable than gay people. Gay people are brought up among heterosexuals to think that and make no effort to rid themselves of that mindset. Hevry Cavill, if he's gay, doesn't owe gay people anything because gay people in general have not created the environment where coming out would maintain or benefit his career. Gay people rather have heterosexuals play gay roles or advocate for gay people than actual gay people. That's why it's been over 100 years since the movie industry began and there still is no gay leading actor because gay people don't demand that there is any. Kathy Griffin, a heterosexual comedian, was the main speaker at the Washington rally against Don't Ask, Don't Tell years ago.

by Anonymousreply 34604/01/2012

R346 It's people like you that keep us from moving forward, with your "closeted celebs don't owe gay people anything" bullshit. That may be techinially true, but it's pretty fucking pathetic when these people are in a position to use their voice to speak up and make a difference and they don't. But that's okay, because I won't be giving my money to these types of people or supporting their projects. So it goes both ways.

by Anonymousreply 34704/01/2012

r346 is right, sadly. Especially the point where gay people gush with gratitude whenever a straight actor takes the big "risk" and deigns to play a gay character which usually leads to them being showered with praise and awards from both gay and mainstream bodies.

Can you imagine the uproar if white actors just slapped on some makeup to play black characters. It doesn't even happen in animated movies even when unnecessary like in the 'Lion King' which went out of its way to cast black actors.

by Anonymousreply 34804/03/2012

Has anyone here met Henry Cavill, or likely to be at any of the events or sci-fi conventions that he will be at?

Those of you here that are good-looking need to hit on him and get back to us with your results.

by Anonymousreply 34904/03/2012

[quote]Those of you here that are good-looking

*cricket cricket cricket*

by Anonymousreply 35004/03/2012

Considering how critical most DLer's are of the looks of male celebrities, I'm sure some of them must be gorgeous, otherwise they would not be so harsh about the looks of others . . .

by Anonymousreply 35104/03/2012

It's called irony, R351.

by Anonymousreply 35204/03/2012

My post was meant to be ironic too, dear.

by Anonymousreply 35304/03/2012

Well in that case, R351/R351...ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 35404/03/2012

The problem is that supporters are less vocal than critics/haters unless you are a Madonna or a Streisand fan.

by Anonymousreply 35504/03/2012

being a big movie star sure beats being out gay and broke so in the closet >>>> being broke anyday

by Anonymousreply 35604/06/2012

R356 = A disgrace. Get some dignity.

by Anonymousreply 35704/06/2012

dignity is overrated

by Anonymousreply 35804/06/2012

there should be a thread called "is spiderman's andrew garfield gay".?that would be fun.

by Anonymousreply 35904/06/2012

well is he ?

by Anonymousreply 36004/06/2012

Henry will be 29 next month.

by Anonymousreply 36104/07/2012

[quote]Henry will be 29 next month.

And looks 39.

by Anonymousreply 36204/07/2012

No he doesn't. He looks about his age.

by Anonymousreply 36304/07/2012

R363 = Looked old at 29 too.

by Anonymousreply 36404/07/2012

Looks like Henry Cavill is the latest target of the DL hit squad.

by Anonymousreply 36504/07/2012

[quote]Looks like Henry Cavill is the latest target of the DL hit squad.

If by "hit squad" you mean the three bitter DL bitches who've misplaced their one eye again.

by Anonymousreply 36604/07/2012

Average actor

by Anonymousreply 36704/07/2012

Interesting article, especially for our Henry.

by Anonymousreply 36804/07/2012

R367 I agree. Very one-note and not much charisma.

R368 Good article.

by Anonymousreply 36904/07/2012

His a great Actor ..amazing in tudors ...but besides the typical action flicks i dont know what his range in acting is ...i dont know if his as good as matt bomer .

never knew he was that young...he has so many years ahead of him..though i fear like Brandon Routh ..superman will be the end of him

by Anonymousreply 37004/07/2012

R368 How does that article have anything to do with queens are hilarious

by Anonymousreply 37104/07/2012

R370/R371 = Fangurl

by Anonymousreply 37204/07/2012

R372 Unfortunately, DL is full of fangurls, closeted actors and PR people.

by Anonymousreply 37304/07/2012

He's engaged to a woman...

by Anonymousreply 37404/07/2012

I was going to link this article, too, R368! But I think the actor who's gone back into the closet is DL fave Luke Evans, no?

by Anonymousreply 37504/07/2012

[quote]He's engaged to a woman...

And Elton John was married to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 37604/07/2012

it doesnt make any difference gay or straight will it affect your life you pathetic little queens....what you do need to do is get lives

by Anonymousreply 37704/07/2012

[quote]it doesnt make any difference gay or straight will it affect your life you pathetic little queens....what you do need to do is get lives

LMAO! And yet YOU are here on DL!

by Anonymousreply 37804/07/2012

His 'engagement' to a woman appears to be over.

by Anonymousreply 37904/07/2012

and straigt men never make mistakes, never get dissapointed and never break engagements to women, of course! HAHAHA.What a proof! As for beard, then Henry should fire his publicists and sue thm for damage! Ellen as a beard was the most inappropriate creature to chose. What an a#ole woman! Only blind love can explain such a PR disaster.

by Anonymousreply 38004/10/2012

Uh-oh - he's losing his hair à la Jude Law. Here's a picture of him in a pub last night:

by Anonymousreply 38104/10/2012

That's just terrible [r381] his career is over. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 38204/10/2012

That's just terrible [r362]his career is over. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 38304/10/2012

Stop obsessing over hairlines.

Who is the guy he is with in that photo?

by Anonymousreply 38404/10/2012

R384 - this man (Andy Shepherd). Look who he tweeted the picture to...

by Anonymousreply 38504/10/2012

Who? I've scrolled down his Twitter feed and I can't find it.

by Anonymousreply 38604/10/2012

[quote]Who? I've scrolled down his Twitter feed and I can't find it

Luke Evans.

Not much of a surprise, eh?

by Anonymousreply 38704/10/2012

Luke Evans. It's not far down.

by Anonymousreply 38804/10/2012

What a stupid question! If anyone at DL has even the slightest inkling that a man is gay, then of course he is.

Makes no difference how heterosexual the guy might be in his behavior, if DL thinks he's gay, then he's gay. PERIOD.

by Anonymousreply 38904/10/2012

His career is not over HENRY unlike matt bomer career is the hottest thing right now in hollywood ...check his IMDB his got movies lined up all of which are block buster's ..when will Mr Bomer ?? Huh

by Anonymousreply 39004/10/2012

He's engaged to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 39104/10/2012

The engagement is apparently over, R391

by Anonymousreply 39204/10/2012

Henry simply has a short haircut in the picture r381 posted.

by Anonymousreply 39304/10/2012

[quote]His career is not over HENRY unlike matt bomer career is the hottest thing right now in hollywood ...check his IMDB his got movies lined up all of which are block buster's ..when will Mr Bomer ?? Huh

Mr. Bomer is doing just fine and is on a hit TV show. He's not a pussy like Cavill and happily lives his life without ducking and dodging and bearding. Also, Matt has nice thick hair and isn't receding like Cavill, who will be like Jude Law and Nic Cage soon.

by Anonymousreply 39404/10/2012

Why does a guy's hairline matter? And can't celebrities afford hair replacement anyway?

by Anonymousreply 39504/10/2012

Henry Cavill with cute toy dog.

by Anonymousreply 39604/10/2012

[quote]Why does a guy's hairline matter?

When you can't act worth shit and the only thing you've got going for you is your looks, yes, your hairline DOES matter.

by Anonymousreply 39704/10/2012

Even the women on IMDB are suspicious about Henry Cavill's 'engagement'. There's a long thread about it there.

by Anonymousreply 39804/11/2012

So anytime Women/girls are upset about matt bomer being gay ..i just say you still have henry cavill

by Anonymousreply 39904/11/2012

R398 Apart from a few pathetic, brainless fungirls

by Anonymousreply 40004/11/2012

anybpdy see his new movie ?? cold light of day with bruce willis

by Anonymousreply 40104/15/2012

i haven't been through this entire thread so you'll forgive me for posting this...has anyone posted the linked page by Corey Spears? I has a love poem by him, and in the midst of the poem is the gayest picture of Henry ever. Are we not supposed to believe he's gay after this???

by Anonymousreply 40204/15/2012

403...this would seem to belie that.

Besides, what's he going to say publicly? it's still considered slander to say someone is gay in the U.S. He could be sued. Look at the lengths those MTV lawyers have gone to shut down speculation about Colton Haynes. Who's a nobody. They'd go to much greater lengths to stop this guy from outing Cavill.

This page is very telling. "Dearest heart"? Uh huh. Not gay at all.

by Anonymousreply 40404/16/2012

Here's the photo you're referring to, R402:

by Anonymousreply 40504/16/2012

Oh and...did somebody link Spears saying that? Or are we relying on a DL poster? I'm not buying it either way.

by Anonymousreply 40604/16/2012

Well I've searched and searched and I haven't found one item online where Spears said Cavill isn't gay. Of course Cavill probably thinks he's BI, which is how they all get around that.

by Anonymousreply 40704/16/2012

Tell me about it, R407.

by Anonymousreply 40804/16/2012

When do you think Corey took the photo of Henry at R405? How old is Henry there?

by Anonymousreply 40904/16/2012

It looks like it was taken when Henry was living and working in West Hollywood. Most of spears' pictures of Cavill are from that time. He was supposedly out then. It sure looks like it from all the pictures. Though Spears still refers to Cavill as his "good friend", so one assumes they friendly things once in a while. ;)

by Anonymousreply 41004/16/2012

Is there a way of verifying that Henry was 'supposedly out then'?

I often hear things like that on DL about certain actors (eg. people claim here that Hayden Christensen used to be 'out' in Canada before 'Star Wars'), but wonder where this information comes from.

by Anonymousreply 41104/16/2012

R411...GOSSIP site, hon. Usually it comes from blind items. In this case, rumors have been floated about Cavill online for some time now. He lived and worked in West Hollywood. He was "engaged" to lesbian fitness instructor Jillian Michaels before she "came out" as "bi" (she's a lesbian." He was rumored to be Spears' boyfriend back before he was anybody, hence all the pics of him on Spears Facebook account. Those pics mysteriously disappeared once Cavill got the Superman job. He was recently announced as being "engaged" to an actress he was never seen with or pictured with, and who he hadn't been dating prior to the engagement announcement. So we don't have a written affidavit if that';s what you mean. But gay people generally know what the closet looks like (unless they're still in there) and this is definitely it. This doesn't even begin to address Spears posting of a very gay looking picture of Cavill under the heading "Dearest Heart". That seems pretty clear, particularly given that we know they were close at one point, and supposedly still are.

by Anonymousreply 41204/16/2012

R412, since Corey still has the 'dearest Heart' picture of Henry on his site, it doesn't look like he deleted all his photos of Henry afterall.

by Anonymousreply 41304/16/2012

i guess....

by Anonymousreply 41404/18/2012

"Those pics mysteriously disappeared once Cavill got the Superman job."

But you can still find a lot of photos of the two of them together if you know where to look.

Here's one:

by Anonymousreply 41504/19/2012

And another:

by Anonymousreply 41604/19/2012

by Anonymousreply 41704/19/2012

Another Henry photo:

by Anonymousreply 41804/19/2012

I agree with R412 but what was a hottie like Cavill doing with a trailer trash queen like Corey?

by Anonymousreply 41904/19/2012

They seem to have been part of a larger circle of gay friends, R419.

by Anonymousreply 42004/19/2012

R419 Who are you to judge someone else's choice? Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 42104/19/2012

Why so defensive, R421?

R419 was asking a question that a lot of people would probably have asked. Handsome guys usually don't usually date guys much less attractive than they are. They normally go for someone decent-looking, although there can be exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 42204/19/2012

Facebook cock shots or GTFO

by Anonymousreply 42304/19/2012

LOOOOL U bitches are hilarious, some are agressive and really wicked. But all of u ´re clueless bhahahaha

By the way, good lesson to all goodlooking straight people : NEVER even shake hands with a gay, so that those bitshes won´t gossip later about you in Internet and won´t blame you to be closeted gay.

by Anonymousreply 42404/19/2012

Gay and gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 42504/19/2012

R422 I just really get tired of every stupid gay man thinking that looks are EVERYTHING and gays thinking they have the right to judge other peoples' choices just because they don't think someone is hot enough for someone else. I'm just so tired of all this shallow bullshit from gays (and no, I'm not ugly if that's you're next question).

by Anonymousreply 42604/19/2012

R 425 and gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 42704/19/2012

He looks gorgeous, like an angel, in the Mondrian photo at R417.

by Anonymousreply 42804/19/2012

The question is, what were they doing at the Mondrian?

by Anonymousreply 42904/19/2012

Can anybody elaborate what the Mondrian is? Is it like a hotel, a resort, etc. Has it any significance in regards of being a hot spot for gay men?

by Anonymousreply 43004/19/2012

R428 God, get a fucking grip. You sound like a hard-up frau.

by Anonymousreply 43104/19/2012

Take your meds, R431

by Anonymousreply 43204/19/2012

He does look like an angel.

by Anonymousreply 43304/19/2012

The fangurls on his IMDB board recently mentioned DL and that they read this thread, so they do read this site. Now we know that if a post in this thread sounds like a fangurl, it most likely is.

by Anonymousreply 43404/19/2012

What did they say about it, R434?

by Anonymousreply 43504/20/2012

God, I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 43604/20/2012

Just curious what you all think! Yes or no?

by Anonymousreply 43704/20/2012

For R430:

"Mondrian Los Angeles is one of the most sophisticated, modern and urban West Hollywood Hotels"

by Anonymousreply 43804/20/2012

In this interview, Cavill talks about women and ex-girlfriends:

by Anonymousreply 43904/20/2012

R439 And???

Luke Evans also gave an interview to Cosmo titled "Things women need to know about men", which included some bullshit answers such as, “Absolutely we can have female friends and not want to have sex with them. You dream about having sex with them, but you don’t actually have sex with them.”

I rest my case.

by Anonymousreply 44004/20/2012

Thanks for the link, R440. I'm not saying Cavill isn't gay, I'm just saying that if he is then he seems willing to go through a lot of PR stuff to cover it up by talking about girlfriends in interviews.

Unfortunate if that's the case

by Anonymousreply 44104/20/2012

R441 I can't confirm whether he's gay or not (although I think he is), but I just wanted to point out to you that lots of celebs will go to extreme measures to look straight (like Luke Evans who was once openly gay and is now back in the closet now that better roles are being offered to him). Same with Ricky Martin - he used to deny he was gay all the time and talked about "girlfriends", and look how that turned out.

by Anonymousreply 44204/20/2012

Luke Evans is a fucking liar.

by Anonymousreply 44304/21/2012

R412, Henry's supposed fiancée is a show jumper (eg. horses), not an actress.

by Anonymousreply 44404/21/2012

434 It was someone from DL that started a thread on IMDB HC board called "very gay" - that´s why. Posted exactly the same lies word-to word on several boards at the same time.

"When I first moved to West Hollywood YEARS ago, Henry was a waiter at restaurant. I think it was off of Santa Monica & La Brea and even then my friends and I thought he was gay. He's rather subtle though...until you saw him at The Abbey with his uber gay posse. He had lots of greasy hair and they were always outside near the gate because he always smoking."

There are links to photos of HC with his Irish girlfriend at some premiere about 5 years ago or so in that thread too.

" Susi Redmond. He took her to the Stardust prem. I found her on FB and actually messaged her, asked her about Henry (yes I know I sound like a stalker but I did it for a bet). I asked her why they split and she just said they didnt work out. Their relationship was very low-key, no one really knew they were dating, she never uttered a word about him or their relationship. I actually liked Susi as she seemed nicer and more respectful. I think she has a child with someone else now though. To me, that is proof he isnt gay at least. Straight or bisexual maybe, but not gay."

Some of you here from DL started gossiping all over net, daydreaming, obviously. lol That´s how I happend to find DL, btw

by Anonymousreply 44504/21/2012

DL'S ARE SUCH bitter queens lol..going all over the net posting that crap HAHHAHA that will affect henry's career..get a life you losers

by Anonymousreply 44604/21/2012

He's super gay, obviously!

by Anonymousreply 44704/21/2012're the liar. He's gay. Period.

by Anonymousreply 44804/21/2012

446...go eat a cow you ugly, homophobic cunt.

by Anonymousreply 44904/21/2012

445= cunt who doesn't understand the closet or how bearding works.

by Anonymousreply 45004/21/2012

380= another imdb ugly cunt who can't get a man.

by Anonymousreply 45104/21/2012

445... BTW... Liberace was engaged and Rock Hudson was married. Surprise!

by Anonymousreply 45204/21/2012

Oh and's the thing.

So an anonymous IMDB poster says that she...a complete stranger... tracked down Henry's "ex-girlfriend"...contacted her via Facebook...then asked her personal questions about her and Henry's relationship. And this woman...instead of saying, "It's none of your business" to the complete stranger... happily obliged. On what magical world would such a thing have taken place? If that isn't a planted PR story I don't know what is.

But even if it's true (on Neptune) here's the thing...Luke Evans' "ex-girlfriend" would say the same thing. "It just didn't work out." At another time so would the ex-girlfriends of Chad Allen, Matt Bomer, Ricky Martin, Neil Patrick Harris, etc. Because that's how bearding works.

by Anonymousreply 45304/21/2012

Honestly, I don´t even care much about HC, I just was outraged by those gossips that bitter queens like u are spreading about people. That´s kind of personal for me, bcs my younger brother has recently been through such kind of story, also because he is very handsome and friendly to all people, when his mate at highschool a gay guy first was writing to him love letters, then stalked him and finally desperate and bitter started gossiping about him just the way you do here. It´s ugly.

by Anonymousreply 45404/21/2012

I totally agree to that from IMDB

"I always find it amusing that people who want someone to be gay always "win" because if they are with a woman its "shes a beard" if they marry it's "its a lavender marriage", if they have kids its "they had them through IVF" seriously they ALWAYS win because to them they are "in the closet". I find it funny I can't lie.

Funny people say about Henry (the silly fanboys who hate him as superman) that he is gay because there are old pics of him with an indie actor who is gay, people say that those photos have now apparently disappeared from the original place they were so according to these people henry and his team are trying to hide his aquaintance with Corey Spears.. YET Henry invited Corey to the immortals premiere and even posed for a photo with him!! So he certainly isnt ashamed of knowing Corey after all. Here is the photo that appears on Corey Spears PUBLIC FB profile"

by Anonymousreply 45504/21/2012

the more famous he becomes, the harder it's going to be for him to not have someone confirm the rumor

by Anonymousreply 45604/21/2012

Is Henry still engaged or is the engagement already over? I keep reading different things.

by Anonymousreply 45704/21/2012

only 6% of actors are gay, Henry is not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 45804/21/2012

R458, would you mind providing a link to the scientific research that shows that only 6% of actors are gay?

by Anonymousreply 45904/21/2012

[quote]YET Henry invited Corey to the immortals premiere and even posed for a photo with him!!

by Anonymousreply 46004/21/2012

[r454] Missy, do you honestly equate these two situations? You need therapy. Henry is not your brother. Queens gossiping on a forum that is specifically intended for just that is not the same as a gay "mate" stalking your handsome brother.

by Anonymousreply 46104/21/2012

The fraus from IMDB are all up in this thread now and it's driving them crazy that a guy they will never have a chance with anyway might be gay. Get over it!

by Anonymousreply 46204/21/2012

R445/R454/R455 = Fangurl meltdown

by Anonymousreply 46304/21/2012

Henry has 4 brothers. I know that at least one of them is in the military since there was that article recently about the brother getting an award for capturing someone in the Taliban.

Wonder if in Henry's family there is a pressure to be macho?

by Anonymousreply 46404/21/2012

Too many poor, delusional, brainless fangurls on DL. Get a life!

by Anonymousreply 46504/22/2012

young Henry Cavill:

by Anonymousreply 46604/22/2012

Henry leaving Chateau Marmont, followed by fans:

by Anonymousreply 46704/22/2012

Looking serious:

by Anonymousreply 46804/22/2012

Wet & shirtless:

by Anonymousreply 46904/22/2012

more shirtless:

by Anonymousreply 47004/22/2012

Henry with Jonathan Rhys Meyers during a 'Tudors' break:

by Anonymousreply 47104/22/2012

Immortals, big photo

by Anonymousreply 47204/22/2012

Henry Cavill, Kellan Lutz & Luke Evans !

by Anonymousreply 47304/22/2012

Henry & Luke.

Wonder if anything went down between them?

by Anonymousreply 47404/22/2012

Henry & Luke interviewed:

by Anonymousreply 47504/22/2012

Why would anyone think ANYTHING might happen between an actor who may or may not be gay and Confirmed Heterosexual Luke Evans?!?!

by Anonymousreply 47604/22/2012

Gay or straight he was fucking hot in the tudors.

by Anonymousreply 47704/22/2012

Oh yes, I bet they were lovers.

by Anonymousreply 47804/22/2012

[post redacted because thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

by Anonymousreply 48004/22/2012

R479 Why not

by Anonymousreply 48104/22/2012

by: get a grip, fraulein reply 461

It´s not about my brother or HC, if u cannot read then go back to school. It´s about general agressive gossiping, about any goodlooking guy actor or not. If u were just sitting and fapping here in DL I won´t even ever heard about u, but uré creaping out all over the net with ur fantasies, trying to convince people, that those fantasies are true. Get your own therapy, useless looser!

by Anonymousreply 48204/22/2012

Yes, it's an interesting article.

Shame that the brainless fangurls can't read.

by Anonymousreply 48304/22/2012

Dear pr guy - R211 Your fantasy theory makes more sense with women who are more likely to fixate on one man for years than gay men. There are exceptions but men in general tend to move on quicker and their attention wanders. Obviously there are women like that too but I am speaking in general terms.

There are also a ton more hetero women out there with mad money to feed their fantasies than gay men, as well as hetero men who want to see their comic book heros as their macho alter-egos. That being the case your pr game of feeding gay fantasy rumors makes no sense. Who would go for the smaller group at the expense of a substantial drop off of the larger group.

Actors generally try to publicly support gay rights to show they are gay friendly. With the exception of Hugh Jackman very few try to solicit gay approval demonstratively and even he doesn't like gay rumors in the press. Just hopes gay men knows he's singing, posing, winking, fucking, to, for, at, and with them. And goes on pretending he's faithfully banging his beard wife for moronic hetero women.

by Anonymousreply 48404/22/2012

R482 Honey, come back when you learn spelling and grammar.

by Anonymousreply 48504/22/2012

English isn´t my mother tongue fyi, just one of two foreign languages I can speak more or less fluently. How many foreign languages can you speak , "sweety"? I´m not coming back though, but you all should be aware of how much damage to your own comunity such agressive gossiping does, and how many people will turn away from you and keep as long distance from your kind as they can.

by Anonymousreply 48604/23/2012

"With the exception of Hugh Jackman very few try to solicit gay approval demonstratively"

Really? I thought most actors tried to appeal to their gay fans today.

by Anonymousreply 48704/23/2012

French, Italian, a little German and Spanish.

And as far as "how much damage to your own comunity" is concerned, I just quote the article mentioned above:

"It's not as though we want to harp on about our cover stars' sex lives anyway – we just want to live in a world where it's not considered "bad for business" to be openly gay.

Jane Czyzselska is the editor of 'Diva'"

Think of it and good luck!

by Anonymousreply 48804/23/2012

Photo of Henry around the dinner table with some of his brothers & parents:

by Anonymousreply 48904/23/2012

I'm not sure about this. I went to his page and saw a small image of him in drag, sequined Marilyn gown and party hat, but he might have just been drunk on St. Patrick's day. In reality I feel a bit psychotic trying to identify with pseudo-jocks and queers who have one or two "days out', then get back to work, working for the man.

by Anonymousreply 49004/23/2012

Oh, well , I hope your grammar and spelling in those 4 are at least not worse than mine in English ;=) Good luck to you too, but mind that spreading lies won´t help in any fight for equalty and when you are fighting for your rights don´t forget about the rights of other people for privacy and personal choices.

by Anonymousreply 49104/23/2012

I don't see any actors swishing it up either in their work or interviews like he does deliberately (and sometimes not deliberately). But supporting gay marriage is more common (Clooney, Pitt).

by Anonymousreply 49204/23/2012

Sorry the post above was a reponse to R487.

by Anonymousreply 49304/23/2012

R492, are you referring to Henry swishing it up or Evans.

by Anonymousreply 49404/23/2012

by Anonymousreply 49505/05/2012

1. Who's Hencry Cavill?

2. Do you really think he's going to read your stupid message, fangurl?

by Anonymousreply 49605/05/2012

Oops Henry !!!!

by Anonymousreply 49705/05/2012

No need to be so nasty, R496. Someone above was just wishing him a Happy Birthday. We often do that here even though most actors presumably don't read this board.

I guess he is 29 today?

by Anonymousreply 49805/05/2012

yes his 29 today

by Anonymousreply 49905/05/2012

I watched him on 'The Tudors' several years ago, but I never paid much attention to him off screen. He never really pinged to me at the time, but the more I read about him, the more I am beginning to think he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 50005/05/2012

His 29 what? Luftballoons?

by Anonymousreply 50105/05/2012

R500 Me too.

by Anonymousreply 50205/05/2012

he's gotten huge for the role... maybe too big?

by Anonymousreply 50305/25/2012

smoking hot in costume

by Anonymousreply 50406/02/2012

So no new pictures of the fiancee and him yet? Did they break up?

by Anonymousreply 50506/07/2012

Apparently, R505.

by Anonymousreply 50606/07/2012

by Anonymousreply 50708/19/2012

he's gay, i know him from high school. he used to go to every birthday party with his (boy)friend invited too. he's never tried to hide it, but he's never told it to every person he's met. i remember birthday party, at which he was kissing his longtime boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 50808/24/2012

when is the movie coming out?

by Anonymousreply 50909/02/2012

Not until 2013.

by Anonymousreply 51009/02/2012

R508: they have high school in the UK or did HC go to school in the US?

by Anonymousreply 51109/02/2012

He went to boarding school in the UK as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 51209/02/2012

I do not believe they call it high school in the UK, so I think maybe the poster who said he went tohigh school with Henry is a fake.

by Anonymousreply 51309/02/2012

We do use "High School" in the UK, but I think R508 is a fake anyway. If Henry were regularly bringing his BF to the High School bop and slavering over him in public, there would be a lot more kiss-n-tell stories from that period than there are. That would have been strikingly bold behaviour for a schoolboy in England when Henry was that age, and indeed it still would be.

by Anonymousreply 51409/02/2012

A recent interview with Henry said he went to boarding school in England when he was 13.

no mention of the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 51509/02/2012

by Anonymousreply 51609/02/2012

He's gay, whatever school he attended.

by Anonymousreply 51709/03/2012

R508 doesn't sound like a native English speaker.

by Anonymousreply 51809/03/2012

Perhaps he is, R517. It's hard to know for sure yet.

by Anonymousreply 51909/03/2012

"he's gay, i know him from high school."

R508, someone who went to school with him said he had a girly arse and hips. Does or did he, and what did he or other people say about his butt?

by Anonymousreply 52009/03/2012

Don't tell me that his fans actually bought that "engagement"? One of the most feeble attempts at bearding I've seen.

by Anonymousreply 52109/03/2012

Why would he do it, R521?

by Anonymousreply 52209/03/2012

For R520:

They certainly did. They said "what a curvaceous and womanly bum" (that's Brit-talk for butt). Those were the very words they used.

by Anonymousreply 52309/03/2012

Getting back to the bearding, why didn't they just have him 'date' a woman? Or connect him with a bunch of women and portray him as a pussyhound?

Why go through a fake engagement?

by Anonymousreply 52409/03/2012

R523, thanks for the information and see the link below which is where I got tidbit about his hips and butt. How did he react to people saying that about him?

"He´s got a womans arse and hips and i know him - school - your all crazy and weird! and psycho - jude Law is what i call fit!"

by Anonymousreply 52509/03/2012

Henry and male friend on couch:

by Anonymousreply 52609/04/2012

He's still lovestruck by Jillian Michaels, lbr. OTP 4eva.

by Anonymousreply 52709/05/2012

there's got to be more people coming forward as the superman release date approaches... when is that, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 52809/30/2012

Not until 2013

by Anonymousreply 52909/30/2012

What's this story of Henry Cavill dating Gina Carano?Anyone know? She's filming in London and been seen w/ Henry. Is he gay or bi then?

by Anonymousreply 53010/04/2012

Henry Cavill dating Gina Carano seems staged for PR purposes, dont know whose party came it from.

by Anonymousreply 53110/30/2012

He's gay.

by Anonymousreply 53210/30/2012

Do you guys realize that this is the first result that comes up in Google when you search "Henry Cavill Gay"?

LOL! Poor Warner Bros.

Don't worry Warners, I will see the movie even if Henry is gay!

by Anonymousreply 53310/30/2012

533 I just used Google. The first result I got was "henry cavill superman" followed by workout and girlfriend.

Since I posted more than 200+ posts ago no further evidence has been put forth to take me off the fence. I really would like to know either way. I've been trying to figure out his sexuality for 4 years. Isn't there a gay person who has worked with Henry that can give us his or her impression of whether he's straight or gay?

by Anonymousreply 53511/01/2012

The photos of Henry with Cory Spears appear to raise a strong possibility that he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 53611/01/2012

Can someone give sufficient evidence that Henry Cavill is gay aside from the photo with Corey Spears???

by Anonymousreply 53711/11/2012

His two known relationships with women were with Jillian Michaels, an Amazon professional fitness trainer who is now an out lesbian, and with the Amazon show jumper who just broke off their engagement.

by Anonymousreply 53811/11/2012

He is gay. He was barely ever with his former "fiancée" and then there were no surprises when the engagement was called off. I expect him to beard up with some starlet when Superman comes out.

by Anonymousreply 53911/11/2012

So, the rumors of him dating Jake Gyllenhaal on the downlow a couple of years ago is true?

by Anonymousreply 54011/11/2012

I suppose it's possible, R540.

I'm a lot more willing to believe Henry Cavill is gay than Jensen Ackles.

by Anonymousreply 54111/12/2012

How is Henry Cavill' s publicist? Jennifer?????????

by Anonymousreply 54211/26/2012

Gina Carano? SERIOUSLY???? That chick has more testosterone than I do!

They're really just biding their time until Taylor Swift to become available again, right?

by Anonymousreply 54312/06/2012

He seems to like athletic, masculine women. His ex-'fiance' was a show jumper.

by Anonymousreply 54412/06/2012

[quote]He seems to like athletic, masculine women.

You're 2/3's correct.

by Anonymousreply 54512/06/2012

The Mail just got that article from fan sites and ran with it. Henry hasn't been seen with what fans think is Gina for months, and the times they were her face was never shown.

Seriously, fans were running through names, until they finally decided it had to be Gina.

So, who knows really whether or not it was her.

The only link I can see how Henry could have met Gina was through Luke Evans, since they starred in Fast Six together.

Luke already is flying around town with his publicist, Holly, so . . .

by Anonymousreply 54612/07/2012

Luke Evans and Henry Cavill are both gays.

by Anonymousreply 54712/07/2012

R547 That's the real couple

by Anonymousreply 54812/07/2012

They're not a couple but they enjoy each other's "company" occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 54912/07/2012

Do you know something about them, R549? Tell us.

by Anonymousreply 55012/07/2012

Up for this kernel of gossip.

by Anonymousreply 55112/07/2012

Yeah, what's up with them? Watching those Youtube interviews, I was catching a little fawning and eye gazing from Henry to Luke. My ears perked up, and I figured they had something going on, but if you have SOMETHING TO SHARE, please don't deprive us.

I will share that I have a photo of Luke wearing Henry's ugly Gucci shoes.

I don't know if anyone is aware of HC's infamous ugly Gucci shoes, but they are notorious. He wears them a lot and not well.

Anyway, I happen to be looking at a photo of Luke at Wondercom, and he's wearing the same damn shoes. For some reason, the shoes look better on Luke. I guess you have to wear them with dark pants.

Here's HC in the Gucci shoes.

by Anonymousreply 55212/08/2012

Here's the photo with Luke wearing the shoes.

by Anonymousreply 55312/08/2012

Ya know, yes (sigh), you're client is a good looking man, Miss PR Shill. But something isn't clicking with the DL, gossip sites, paps, whatever. Leave it till a fortnight before Man of Steel comes out you'll do better then.

by Anonymousreply 55412/08/2012

Haha, you're mental.

by Anonymousreply 55512/08/2012

Oh wow, those are the same shoes.

So Luke was the bottom?

by Anonymousreply 55612/08/2012

And ???

by Anonymousreply 55812/08/2012

R556, I don't think he is a bottom. Of course, I'm a straight chick but gay friendly.

I follow him on Twitter and FB, and he seems to balk at any hint of being fem. My guess is Henry is the bottom, as he's always dropping hints that Luke is strong and a Honeybadger, which is British for a tough a@@ dude.

Watching their youtube interviews, you can get the hint that Luke is the boss. Skipping pass the big boobs, notice, when the interviewer asks them the first question how Luke tells Henry to go and he jumps to it. To me, that's says it all.

by Anonymousreply 55912/09/2012

by Anonymousreply 56012/09/2012

He's not gay.

by Anonymousreply 56212/09/2012

said the frau

by Anonymousreply 56312/09/2012

So apparently, Henry is [bold]very[/bold] uncomfortable filming love scenes with women. Luke seems to smirk (I think he knows the real reason why). He even pokes fun at Henry, basic telling him that he's going to ruin every straight girl's fantasy. Love it.

PS: Note how butch he seems to be in this interview.

by Anonymousreply 56412/09/2012

Now, continuing the previous thought, notice how he has [bold]always[/bold] been really uncomfortable filming love scenes with women. In fact, the entire exchange starting at 1:40, where he describes not being into any of his co-stars, is very telling. He also was less butch as a babygay; jazz hands--and jazz head--for days. Finally, the little chat with the groupie at the end was totally awkward. The verdict: Yes, Henry is on our team. He has just gotten more polished about hiding the evidence.

by Anonymousreply 56512/09/2012

All you need to do is Google Image Search "Henry Cavill girlfriend" and see what you get. Then Google any straight actor with "girlfriend" and compare the two.

The straights are picking up on this too, on a comic book forum for Man of Steel one of them pointed out that a straight guy with Henry's looks would be bringing actresses and supermodels to premieres, but Henry is never seen with a female date.

Even his one attempt at bearding - with Ellen Whitaker - was so transparent that the Daily Mail makes fun of it (every time they write about him, they mention she broke off the engagement to go live with her best friend Jennifer.)

So yeah, Henry is probably on our team. I don't expect him to come out or anything, but I hope maybe we're at the stage where he can just be quietly gay and conduct himself with some dignity instead of going all Jeremy Renner and disavowing his gayness.

Can I just say that I LOVE Henry and I hope the rumors don't hurt "Man of Steel" or Henry's career. He is equal parts Superman and Mr. Darcy and deserves to have a great career on the big screen.

by Anonymousreply 56612/09/2012

I whole-heartedly echo the sentiments of your last two paragraphs, R566. (And your third paragraph gave me a good laugh!)

I love Henry too, ever since I first saw him in the Count of Monte Cristo. Even then, you could tell he'd be a breathtakingly beautiful man. I have a thing for Superman, too, so I'd drop to my knees for him faster than a Baptist at the Rapture. I wish him nothing but the very best.

by Anonymousreply 56712/09/2012

It is so eerie watching the Comic Con Superman trailer because it has Henry saying, "If the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me..." true is that? Would people reject Henry as Superman if he was gay? Or if he is that good, would people be able to say, "I don't care what he does off the set, he's a good Superman and that's all that counts?"

I think that if he was gay, and if the movie is a hit, and he was as good a Superman as he appears to be and the fans loved him, he'd have their support if he was to come out - or at least be very transparently glass-closeted. But he could, IMO, conceivably be the first openly gay movie star if he chose that path.

by Anonymousreply 56812/09/2012

Ironically Matt Bomer apparently lost the part because he was gay.

His engagement always seemed like complete bs. For being engaged for so long they were almost never spotted together.

by Anonymousreply 56912/09/2012

Bomer being gay probably contributed to his losing the role but what happened was a little more complicated. You can read R357 in the "Jackie Collins" thread to get a rundown.

What is ironic is that Henry Cavill came very close to being cast as Superman right after the Bomer debacle. McG took over the project (Superman Flyby) and he wanted to cast Henry. But McG was removed from the project before anyone could be cast (he refused to board a Warner corporate jet to Australia to scout locations; apparently he cannot fly over water.) Then Bryan Singer was brought in and the project became Superman Returns.

Basically it came down to having a strong advocate push you for the role; Bomer didn't have one in Ratner but Cavill did in Christopher Nolan.

by Anonymousreply 57012/09/2012

The description of the new Man of Steel trailer is linked below. It's being released this coming Friday and will be shown before The Hobbit.

Notice Jonathan Kent's advice to Clark. This, in addition to the dialogue r568 pointed out,@ seems to indicate they're taking the same approach to "super powers as a metaphor" as the X-Men films did.

by Anonymousreply 57112/09/2012

What's funny is that Henry played a pussyhound on 'The Tudors'.

by Anonymousreply 57212/10/2012

15 million views since Tuesday!

by Anonymousreply 57312/14/2012

^ it's a SUPERMAN movie, what do you expect?

by Anonymousreply 57412/19/2012

r570, the fact WB even considered him at all tells you how fucked up this project is.

They knew he doesn't fly before they signed him up, so I suspect it was more complicated.

I don't know how much input the Nolans have. They've distanced themselves from the project and kept a low profile.

I heard they had serious script trouble; and god knows Christopher Nolan isn't going to get them out of that.

by Anonymousreply 57512/19/2012

Even though he's gay, as long as he's in closet, he's as straight as John Travolta.

by Anonymousreply 57612/19/2012

[quote]R570, the fact WB even considered him at all tells you how fucked up this project is. They knew he doesn't fly before they signed him up, so I suspect it was more complicated.

WTF does that even mean?

by Anonymousreply 57712/19/2012

[quote]I don't know how much input the Nolans have. They've distanced themselves from the project and kept a low profile.

Um, this movie exists because he agreed to produce it. He assembled the creative team and the screenplay is based on his story. And he's never distanced himself from it. Holy hell, you're a dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 57812/19/2012

r577, it means that McG has a well known fear of flying, and anything around that, like location shoots and promotion would be problematic. Anyone who hires him knows that going in; he wouldn't be removed for that reason alone.

r578, that is a tentpole property for WB, Nolan is not central to its production. There are odd rights issues/lawsuits around this that effect the production dates, i.e. they want it out sooner than later.

As for the "story" it was a co-credit with David Goyer, who is given sole screenplay credit.

by Anonymousreply 57912/19/2012

Oh, I wasn't sure what you were saying because you said "this production", I thought you were talking about Man of Steel. My bad.

The McG story is apparently true and was written about in the book "Superman vs. Hollywood". He was fired after he failed to show up for a flight to Sydney with studio executives on a charter jet from LAX; they had arranged the special jet just for him, after he had refused an offer to fly a Qantas flight that Warner had offered to buy out every seat in first class. In the lead up to his dismissal he had actually gone so far as to prepare presentations for the Warner execs on why they should shoot the film in Canada or New York, but Australia was offering the best tax incentives so Warner insisted it be shot there; McGinty for his part did finally consent to it only to stand up the executives at the airport.

While Warner was facing a court case over the rights issues (which they would eventually win), there was no particular incentive to sequelize or reboot Superman after the failure of Superman Returns until Nolan came onboard. He may not be directing it but it is his "brand"; he is the reason why the film looks the way it does (it looks like a Christopher Nolan film, not a Zak Snyder film); why it is being written by his Batman collaborator David Goyer; why Hans Zimmer is scoring it; and Nolan is also the reason why the fan support is so overwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 58012/19/2012

He's a bi. He loves both.

by Anonymousreply 58201/02/2013

R584, get lost frau. What the fuck is up with the frau invasion here lately? Go back to imdb.. I'm sure there's plenty of fraus there who will share your opinion on him being straight. But don't you fucking dare to come on to a GAY website and proclaim he's straight. Seriously.. fuck off you homophobic cunt.

by Anonymousreply 58501/02/2013

R584 makes me think that the psycho from this morning kind of had a point.

by Anonymousreply 58601/02/2013

Excuse me.. I'm in the wrong for wanting to discuss a gay celebrity, just because I don't want to read "he's straight!" without any proof what so ever on every effing thread here lately? FFS, I've been here for 7 years. I've never been attacked like I have lately. The frau invasion needs to stop.

[quote]How can you tell, gay can tell who is gay?

This is clearly from a frau.. all of the bad grammar makes it clear it's a woman, and if it was a gay guy he wouldn't write that, because gaydar is something that every gay man knows about.

Again.. if you want to discuss celebrities, and insist they're gay.. go to the millions of websites that actually cater to straight women. Leave us alone. Let us discuss the celebs we want to discuss. Don't come barging into every thread just to claim someone is straight. This is a GAY website for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 58801/02/2013

[quote]Again.. if you want to discuss celebrities, and insist they're gay..

Sorry, I meant "insist they're straight".

by Anonymousreply 58901/02/2013

R591, go choke on Henry's gay egg.

by Anonymousreply 59101/02/2013

Apparently, I directed myself to go choke on Henry's gay egg. Sorry, Freudian slip. (And I don't mind doing it at all, gurl!)

The other gay egg was intended for R590, who's busy embracing her inner frau with glee.

by Anonymousreply 59201/02/2013

Please, start a new thread. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 59401/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 59501/02/2013

Why are people linking to cartoon versions of him on DL lately? The real thing is much better.

by Anonymousreply 59601/02/2013

Another thread coming to an end.

by Anonymousreply 59701/03/2013

Henry may be gay, I'm certainly seeing more indications that it is possible, but to be honest we don't really know until we see him with a guy.

by Anonymousreply 59801/03/2013

@598. Wouldn't the lack of seeing him (consistently) with women provide you with the same conclusion?

by Anonymousreply 59901/03/2013

Well, yes, possibly, R599, but that's not proof that he is gay.

Many heterosexual people are not necessarily photographed with their romantic partners walking beside them - that doesn't mean they are gay.

Henry Cavill has consistently said he is straight and referred to being with women (as in the interviews linked above) and he was briefly engaged, even if it was a suspicious engagement.

So I'm leaning towards gay, but need something a little bit more before I can reach a definitive conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 60001/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!