Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ouija Board, Ouija Board

I bought an old one (still wrapped) last week. It's from the Forties. I'm considering trying it. Anyone have any good ouija stories?

by Anonymousreply 314February 26, 2019 11:21 AM

p-u-s-h-o double f, OP

by Anonymousreply 1August 7, 2011 12:44 AM

Report back. I have been wanting to get one myself once I realized that there is no such thing as the devil.

by Anonymousreply 2August 7, 2011 12:48 AM

Do it by yourself. You get the best messages that way.

by Anonymousreply 3August 7, 2011 12:49 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 4August 7, 2011 12:51 AM

They've never worked for me. The pointer thing only moves if someone touches it. Then they always swear up and down that it wasn't them. Lame.

by Anonymousreply 5August 7, 2011 12:52 AM

R3, are you basing that statement on personal experience? I've always wanted to try one but have nobody with whom to "ouij."

by Anonymousreply 6August 7, 2011 12:53 AM

Straight female here. When I was about 12, a Ouija board said I'd marry a guy named Tony. I remember it very clearly, because at the time, the only "Tony" I knew was my grandparents' dog. And yes, I did marry a guy named Tony. Still don't believe in Ouija boards though!

by Anonymousreply 7August 7, 2011 12:56 AM

When I was a kid I had one work but not as an adult.

by Anonymousreply 8August 7, 2011 12:58 AM

Yes, I had the exact same thing happen when I was 13. I didn't know a guy by that name (Ted), so I thought it was stupid.%0D %0D I would say, if you are going to use it, use it with a child or teen. They are more open to spirits.

by Anonymousreply 9August 7, 2011 1:02 AM

I recommend that you open the spirits first.

by Anonymousreply 10August 7, 2011 1:10 AM

I had a very creepy experience with one when I was about twelve at a birthday party. We were all traumatized by the incident. And I still can't explain how it happened. Other than ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 11August 7, 2011 1:12 AM

You mean planchette, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 12August 7, 2011 1:19 AM

Duh, R11, more details please.

by Anonymousreply 13August 7, 2011 1:19 AM

My sister used to have slumber parties and the girls would just go crazy over their little parlor games. My brother and I tried to fix the Ouija board with magnets, but the best was hanging a balloon with a sheet on it at her bedroom window from the attic while they played that board game. Those girls could scu-reem!

by Anonymousreply 14August 7, 2011 1:31 AM

R13 She peed on the carpet during her mother's dinner party and condemned one party guest to dying upstairs.

by Anonymousreply 15August 7, 2011 1:35 AM

LOL, R14. Don't do it alone, OP. Ouija boards open a "doorway" to the spirit world, and more powerful or malevolent spirits may be able to force their way through. Especially if you are a weak or vulnerable person to them. A friend's neighbour was terrorized by a malevolent spirit for months after she used a Ouija board to communicate with her son who'd died. And no, she never even got to speak with him anyway, because the stronger spirits took over and wouldn't let him communicate. I am being completely serious. I'm *not* a nutcase, but I do believe that spirits exist and can cause trouble for living beings.

by Anonymousreply 16August 7, 2011 1:40 AM

R15, did she later do a super-freaky upside-down crabwalk down the stairs? That must've been so cool!!!

by Anonymousreply 17August 7, 2011 1:41 AM

Bought one years ago, used it twice (alone), and NOTHING happened. Didn't even work for me. That said, I do think I have a ghost in my house, but it doesn't seem to be mean.

by Anonymousreply 18August 7, 2011 1:44 AM

It was all cool in the beginning R17 until the bed really started thumping and she masturbated herself bloody with a crucifix.

by Anonymousreply 19August 7, 2011 1:47 AM

I know there is a spirit world although I don't understand it, I don't believe in God. Some of them are mean.

by Anonymousreply 20August 7, 2011 1:48 AM

I knew a girl who played with a Ouija board. But then she died.

by Anonymousreply 21August 7, 2011 1:52 AM

Absolutely true story: I was 15 in 1978 and used to play around with the Ouija board with some friends. I used to sometimes push the planchette and when I wasn't I was sure that my friends were. It was lame, but spooky and sort of fun.

One day, instead of our daily Scrabble game, my dad and I sat down with the Ouija board. My dad was a pretty serious guy, and this was the one and only time we ever used the Ouija board. We were living on the east coast and planning to move to the west coast. Our family would be driving out and looking at possibilities in three different states, but there was no definite plan.

My dad asked "Where will we end up" (note the phrasing). The Ouija board spelled out the name of an industrial town about 30 miles from a town that my parents were considering in one of the states. (The industrial town was not one that anyone would choose to live in then or now, unless they had good reason--which we did not.)

I know for a fact that I wasn't pushing, and I know my dad well enough to know that he was not pushing. Also, the town was not one either of us would ever want to live in, had no connection or draw toward. Dang board spelled out city and state, letter by letter.

Later that year we moved to a lovely college town about 30 miles south of the industrial city. My father and I thought it was pretty interesting how the Ouija board had gotten so close.

Fast forward ten years, my father gets very sick, is in the hospital for months, doesn't improve, is sent to a hospital near the industrial city, doesn't improve and finally lands in a nursing home within the city limits of the town the Ouija board spelled out ten years previously.

I'd moved away but came back to see him as often as I could. After about six weeks he passed on. So the "we" of he and me literally ended in the town that the Ouija board had so improbably and methodically spelled out years before.

by Anonymousreply 22August 7, 2011 1:52 AM

Never did ouija. We did do "light as a feather stiff as a board at slumber parties." I have no idea how we managed to lift someone to ceiling using only two fingers on each hand. Power of teamwork I guess.

by Anonymousreply 23August 7, 2011 1:54 AM

OK, that's creepy, R22. Cool, but creepy. More!

by Anonymousreply 24August 7, 2011 1:57 AM

r16 - it does make me wonder what the spirit world looks/feels like. I once asked a psychic if she'd ever tried to find out whether Madeline McCaan was dead. She told me that she tried to communicate with her but there were too many other people trying to communicate with her and thus she couldn't get through, or she was blocked by the other people. What you said about the strong spirits blocking the son reminded me of that. %0D %0D OP - I would never use an ouija board. Too many stories about people being followed by bad spirits after making contact through an ouija board.

by Anonymousreply 25August 7, 2011 1:58 AM

leave the 40s one in the package and get a new one at Toys R Us

by Anonymousreply 26August 7, 2011 2:05 AM

In the 1980's, I belonged to a little group of people who met regularly on the Upper West Side and used the Ouija board to commune regularly with several spirits. Two spirit guides came through for me. One a Russian man named Gregor and the other an American black woman named Leatrice. They always gave me good advice. I'll give them that.%0D %0D Our host always connected with Queen Elizabeth I. She was direct, opinionated and had a salty sense of humor. I recall that of all the actresses who had portrayed her on the large or small screen, she liked Glenda Jackson the best.

by Anonymousreply 27August 7, 2011 2:10 AM

Great story R22.

by Anonymousreply 28August 7, 2011 2:26 AM

My mom and her friends used the Ouija board and had asked their long time dry cleaner, who had just died, how much money she still owed. The people doing the reading had no idea but the exact amount came up.

So I thought it was harmless fun when we were given a very general assignment that was supposed to be "interactive" for a presentation in HS. I did some research on it's history and planned to end the presentation with a demonstration.

As soon as the teacher saw what I brought I was sent to the principal's office and then home. They were nice about it but freaked out.

A Ouija showed up in college and two very smart guys saw us playing with it and both pleaded with us to throw it away and told a story, which I can't remember now, about some awful thing that happened to them while playing with it and they scared us enough that we did end up tossing it.

by Anonymousreply 29August 7, 2011 2:31 AM

r22's story gave me chills.

by Anonymousreply 30August 7, 2011 2:34 AM

[quote]it does make me wonder what the spirit world looks/feels like.

The spirits I've "spoken to" indicated that their world was just a formless limbo with their spirit bodies floating around. But they may have been fucking with me (some of them are tricksters, and others are just assholes), or they may have just agreed with what I was already thinking.

The spirits can read your mind when you use a Ouija board. They literally enter your body, which is how the planchette moves and why if everyone touching it closes their eyes, it won't work (because the spirit can't see the letters anymore).

My friend Jenny and I were obsessed with Ouija boards when we were about 12-13. She had 5 different boards, I had 3, and we both used them all regularly; sometimes alone, sometimes with each other, and sometimes with other people, too.

Each board has its own "home spirit" who generally communicates with the user. Think of it like a cellphone: when you put the planchette on the board and rest your fingers on it, you make the phone start ringing. The spirit who "owns" the cellphone usually picks up, but it may take a little while for him to get to the phone (that's why the boards don't start working immediately, they need up to a few minutes to "warm up"). But other spirits, especially ones who are more powerful than the board's home spirit, can wrestle control of the cellphone from it, and take over.

Like I said, when you use a Ouija board, you open a doorway to the spirit world, through which they enter your body. If you are weak or vulnerable, a powerful spirit can then escape into our world and wreak havoc.

by Anonymousreply 31August 7, 2011 2:42 AM

"I did some research on it's history and planned to end the presentation with a demonstration." Perhaps they freaked out due to your grammar iniquities.

by Anonymousreply 32August 7, 2011 2:43 AM

[quote]Perhaps they freaked out due to your grammar iniquities.%0D %0D I am the ghost of E.B. White and I AM VERY ANGRY.

by Anonymousreply 33August 7, 2011 2:53 AM

Hi, OP.

Is there something you'd like to talk about?

I'm pretty good with yes or no answers so you can start there, if that's what you'd like.

From there, we can move on to the alphabet, maybe we can spell out a few words. You're American? Then I'll spell the words for you...

by Anonymousreply 34August 7, 2011 2:53 AM

Oh, also, the spirit world is sort of timeless: any spirit you speak to can see all of the past and the future. (Sounds like Doctor Who, lol!)

That is how a spirit was able to correctly answer R22's father's query; it already knew where and how he would die.

If R22 had asked for more details, however, the spirit probably wouldn't have provided them. They know how much that would fuck up a person, to know when they're going to die, so they keep it quiet.

Also, like I said, many spirits are just major fucking assholes. Seriously, there are so many dicks out there, it's amazing a person can get any real answers from a Ouija board.

Of my friend Jenny's five boards, three of the home spirits were assholes, one was kind but a joker/trickster, and the fifth was an absolute gem, he was soooo nice and helpful and informative. We just called him "Ouija", and spoke to him most of the time.

Of my three boards, all three home spirits were major dicks, so I didn't like talking to them nearly as much as I did to Jenny's "Ouija".

But I also had trouble with a *very* powerful spirit who would wrestle control of the boards away from any of my home spirits, so I couldn't talk to them much anyway.

But this powerful spirit began freaking me the fuck out with some of the things he said, so I eventually stopped using Ouija boards entirely, as he would find me wherever I was (even when I vacationed across the country and used someone else's Ouija board while over there) and take over, and I was terrified of him.

by Anonymousreply 35August 7, 2011 2:53 AM

Ok, do the spirits ever have anything NICE to say?

by Anonymousreply 36August 7, 2011 2:53 AM

It's all just rubbish

by Anonymousreply 37August 7, 2011 2:57 AM

Here's an online version of one%0D %0D I believe in them, btw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 7, 2011 2:59 AM

We use ours regularly. Very handy. You have to be careful, of course, and apply safeguards, and avoid involving neophytes of unstable people in the process, and test the communicators to ensure they are not subjective fragments, external fragments or troublesome entities. And of course you need a primary medium for the communication focus, someone of experience whom you can trust and who can minimize distortions of the communicative intents. It also is necessary to have a trustworthy and steady overseer on the other end of the communication stream, who can serve as a sort of traffic cop and protector. This last also reduces the interference of troublemakers or worse.

With all of that in place, you can investigate questions concerning past, present and future, since time becomes a less fixed concern and the communicators have a vantage with more immediate access to such information than we have here.

Plenty of assistance gaining insight into people's motives, the unseen circumstances around past events, likely outcomes - we don't mess around with silly things and don't abuse anything or anyone in our intentions, but I can honestly say that in the last ten years of this work - probably using the board six to eight times a year - we have never obtained information that later turned out to be false. And we have heard many surprising things that later proved true, both about the past and what was going to happen in the future.

by Anonymousreply 39August 7, 2011 3:02 AM

My girlfriends and I are planning to stay at the Hotel Coronado. I thought I'd bring a Ouija board just for laughs. Anyone know where I can get one cheap?

by Anonymousreply 40August 7, 2011 3:10 AM

Why is the gateway to the spirit world a board game made by Hasbro? Seriously, what's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 41August 7, 2011 3:11 AM

Once I used a Ouija Board and it spelled out that Leonardo DiCaprio would be sucking my dick on a regular basis. Well what do you know !!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 42August 7, 2011 3:18 AM

Be aware that ouija boards are like opening your front door and inviting all the homeless in your vicinity to come live with you. Once in your house, they are very difficult to kick out. Another thing to know: homeless spirits lie exceedingly well and will mix just enough truth to snare you. Don't think you are too smart for this because you aren't and they will prey upon your ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 43August 7, 2011 3:22 AM

"I would say, if you are going to use it, use it with a child or teen. They are more open to spirits."

Have you learned NOTHING?

by Anonymousreply 44August 7, 2011 3:29 AM

[quote]Why is the gateway to the spirit world a board game made by Hasbro? Seriously, what's up with that?

That's why I never fuck with Monopoly either.

by Anonymousreply 45August 7, 2011 3:31 AM

R40, don't do it.

It won't be laughs, and it could get bad.

by Anonymousreply 46August 7, 2011 3:39 AM

r26 is correct. Leave it in its original packaging. A new store-bought one will serve whatever purpose you want it to, but the old one is a true relic.

by Anonymousreply 47August 7, 2011 3:44 AM

No one believes this story but here goes. At a house party back in the 90s, someone broke out a Ouija board. Being a Patsy Cline fan, I suggested contacting her. Two people who knew nothing about Patsy's life worked the planchet, and the spirit correctly answered questions only Patsy or a fan would know--the number of kids she had, their initials, the month and day she died, etc. I still don't know what to make of it to this day.

And regarding Hasbro--shit, you can make your own board for free with a big piece of cardboard and an upside down cocktail glass.

by Anonymousreply 48August 7, 2011 3:47 AM

I had one as a teen that a friend and I used many times. I wanted to believe it worked because I was interested in spirits and stuff like that during those years.

The board never got a single thing right. Even answers to historical questions were wrong. Nothing bad or spooky ever happened, no matter how many times we complied with its wishes (for example, spirits would want us to use the board in specific places, or contact them at specific times of day).

by Anonymousreply 49August 7, 2011 3:54 AM

About.com's ouija board information page, in case anyone is interested in checking it out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 7, 2011 3:56 AM

Ask the Ouija Board what killed about.com -- they had interesting articles

by Anonymousreply 51August 7, 2011 4:03 AM

LOl @45

by Anonymousreply 52August 7, 2011 4:09 AM

R33, very humorous.

by Anonymousreply 53August 7, 2011 4:09 AM

R49, I assume you are being ironic.

by Anonymousreply 54August 7, 2011 4:36 AM

In high school, myself, my sister and our friends would occasionally work the Ouija but we always had the best success when it was a combination of either me and/or my sister and another person. (My sister and I also always hear or see strange things.)

One time, a spirit came through and kept spelling about a bloody war and then started spelling "KRLS" repeated. When we asked for clarification, it slowly spelled out "Charles" and "Great" and when another friend went for a reference book and looked up Charles, one of the entries was for Charlemagne who was also known as Charles the Great and, being illiterate, would sign his name as KRLS. Everyone using the planchette claimed not to know that.

Another time, a skeptical friend made the dare that, to prove no one was pushing it, for the board to move. With our fingers still on the planchette, the board moved across the table, so heavy that it was actually scraping, went to the edge and when it began to tip over, started rotating slowly. Again, everyone else claimed not to be doing it and the way it was moving, it would have been very difficult to do.

We were also told about a house fire in the neighborhood from several decades ago, way before any of us would have been born. When a friend asked one of his parents about it, they confirmed it, adding that it was mother and several of her children who had died, all of which had been referenced by the board.

We stopped using it when one of our friends started getting very playful with it and very nasty things started coming through.

by Anonymousreply 55August 7, 2011 4:36 AM

Freaky Shit. So were people this terrified with ouija boards before The Exorcist? I grew up in a post-Exorcist world, so ever since I was little ouija boards were seen as evil. I am fascinated by them and really want to try one. Is it better to try them in some other place besides your home? Or does it really matter, will a spirit just follow you?

by Anonymousreply 56August 7, 2011 4:50 AM

Once a ouija board spelled out YOUS WILL BREAK YOUR VAGINA BONE. I didn't know what to think until I ended up with a crack.

by Anonymousreply 57August 7, 2011 4:51 AM

You open a portal, which an ouija board is, a spirit can attach itself to you, meaning...where you travel,it travels. It can also give you thoughts that you think are your own thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 58August 7, 2011 4:56 AM

If someone named Captain Howdy answers, hang up!

by Anonymousreply 59August 7, 2011 4:59 AM

R56, the spirits actually physically enter your body, so it doesn't much matter where you use it.

The best advice I can give is to NOT use it alone.

by Anonymousreply 60August 7, 2011 5:01 AM

How does using it with someone else make a difference R16? And what if that someone else is someone who basically shares your life anyway, like a partner?

by Anonymousreply 61August 7, 2011 5:04 AM

R16 is correct, when you use a Ouija, you are inviting spirits into your world. I used one in a college dorm with friends. As the spirits answered questions we all asked correctly, many of my fellow dorm mates dropped out. Literally, one student would ask "how did Jimmy die" and when what was spelled out was correct, that person would leave.%0D %0D As the night went on, there were ony a few of us left. I soon realized that I had control of the board. I told my friends this and they did not beleive me. I took my hands off the board and told my friends to ask whatever question they wanted. Of course, the question would be, "who is Tammy going to marry." Whatever name I thought in my mind is what was spelled out on the board. Every time...whatever I thought was the answer that was spelled on the board.%0D %0D I even asked out loud.....are you reading my mind and spelling what I am thinking. The answer was "yes." From that day forward, I promised that I would never use a Ouija board again as long as the spirits were told to go away. %0D %0D And, I will NEVER do it again.

by Anonymousreply 62August 7, 2011 5:07 AM

Here's a question to ask yourself: are you comfortable giving the keys to your car to a homeless person who's a complete stranger to you? If you are certain they will always give the keys back to you and leave your car the way they received it....then carry on.

by Anonymousreply 63August 7, 2011 5:10 AM

If you do it with a dog, will you get doggy spirits?

by Anonymousreply 64August 7, 2011 5:23 AM

I made my own by making little squares with the letters on them, then arranging them in a circle and using a glass as a planchette. It moved, but there was nothing logical. When I was younger I used to try having seances almost every weekend. One time my room smelled like sulfur the next day. I cleaned it thoroughly and found nothing. The smell just disappeared after a few days. My phone also stopped working in one room for a day.

by Anonymousreply 65August 7, 2011 5:28 AM

This sounds crazy, but one was given to me decades ago, and, after several uncomfortable experiences with it, I threw it away. I even remember the white trashbag with the scented tie I put it in.

Years later, we were moving and I was cleaning out the foyer closet and there it was.

by Anonymousreply 66August 7, 2011 5:30 AM

[quote]The board never got a single thing right. Even answers to historical questions were wrong.%0D %0D The American education system strikes again. You and your friends should have paid more attention in history class. Tsktsk.%0D %0D I can't believe that so many on this thread believe in this stuff. Really, if spirits can enter your body when invited, do you really think they'd need a stupid board to get their message across. Talking seems a better way. And, since the advent of computers, I'd think they'd have taken up typing.%0D %0D I'm really astounded by the gullible nature of so many on this thread. It does, however, help to explain the state of our country. Morons.

by Anonymousreply 67August 7, 2011 5:31 AM

It's like telling ghost stories at camp. Spoooooky.

by Anonymousreply 68August 7, 2011 5:33 AM

Ok R67......i invite the spirits back....when will R67 die....%0D %0D %0D MondAyd jUst AftErn NooN.

by Anonymousreply 69August 7, 2011 5:37 AM

[quote]How does using it with someone else make a difference [R16]? And what if that someone else is someone who basically shares your life anyway, like a partner? It's because different people have different internal strengths and weaknesses. I can't explain it scientifically, but it's true. Think about all the people who've survived various horrible events. Some of them succumb to PTSD and other mental problems, and others are able to fully recover and go on to lead healthy lives. The "type" of person who'd get PTSD is also the "type" of person that a powerful spirit could overpower and take advantage of.

by Anonymousreply 70August 7, 2011 5:47 AM

[quote]This sounds crazy, but one was given to me decades ago, and, after several uncomfortable experiences with it, I threw it away. I even remember the white trashbag with the scented tie I put it in. Years later, we were moving and I was cleaning out the foyer closet and there it was.

It took me several tries to finally get rid of my last Ouija board. I swear to God, I would place it in a garbage bag and throw it in the trashbin, and then months later, I'd find it again in my closet.

But again, I had a *very* powerful spirit who was obsessed with me and swore he'd never leave me alone.

by Anonymousreply 71August 7, 2011 5:51 AM

I hope R16 is under the care of a reputable psychiatrist.

by Anonymousreply 72August 7, 2011 5:53 AM

Has he, r71?

by Anonymousreply 73August 7, 2011 5:59 AM

Actually, r16 knows what they're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 74August 7, 2011 5:59 AM

Btw, I don't know if you all know this, but all people are eventually reincarnated.

The number of lives we've all had varies. Some spirits are on their thirtieth go-round, others have only lived once or twice before.

The spirit from my friend Jenny's board, the wonderful one that told us a lot, has never been born yet. He insisted he won't be born for another couple thousand years. (Which is probably why he was so kind, and willing to help us.)

So, if you're worried about the human race dying out, don't! We'll be around a long while yet. ;)

by Anonymousreply 75August 7, 2011 6:01 AM

Hardy-har-har, R72.

Scoff if you want.

I know what happened to me and my friends when we used Ouija boards, and I know that the spirits are real.

by Anonymousreply 76August 7, 2011 6:03 AM

I think we can learn much from R16.

by Anonymousreply 77August 7, 2011 6:04 AM

[quote]It took me several tries to finally get rid of my last Ouija board. I swear to God, I would place it in a garbage bag and throw it in the trashbin, and then months later, I'd find it again in my closet.%0D %0D Maybe you're just crazy.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 78August 7, 2011 6:05 AM

[quote]It took me several tries to finally get rid of my last Ouija board. I swear to God, I would place it in a garbage bag and throw it in the trashbin, and then months later, I'd find it again in my closet. I remember you from Hoarders.

by Anonymousreply 79August 7, 2011 6:12 AM

LOL, R79.

by Anonymousreply 80August 7, 2011 6:32 AM

I made my own one out of pieces of papers and used a glass for the planchet.%0D I used it alone.%0D After a couple of minutes of nothing happening, the glass just popped. Not exploded, just popped, as if it shattered but it wasn't the kind of glass that would shatter like a windshield.%0D Anyway, it was scary and I won't use one again.%0D I've heard those stories about people attempting to throw theirs out and the trash just keeps on mysteriously reappearing.

by Anonymousreply 81August 7, 2011 6:43 AM

I do know of one locally well-known case in St. Louis involving a group of five gay guys in the mid 1970s who, after a Sunday brunch, pulled out a Ouija board for some fun. One was a well-known local radio and tv personality who was also a psychic.

The session immediately went bad. The board started spelling death and murder messages. They swore the room felt cold. And one fellow went catatonic, fell to the floor, and then after they revived him took a run to the balcony where he tried to jump. This was in a high-rise apartment. Afterwards he said he didn't remember anything but had issues with headaches and bad dreams and not feeling normal for months later.

The couple who had hosted said the apartment started having issues, from lights burning out to appliance problems to their feeling like they were being watched. They heard things. They finally moved out.

The psychic media person insisted that an entity had slipped in through the opening at the start of the session, found an easy host in the guy who tried the leap, and then settled in for a spell in the apartment or left enough of its energy behind to effect all kinds of trouble. He never went near Ouija boards again, and cautioned everyone against them.

by Anonymousreply 82August 7, 2011 6:45 AM

Thanks, r16, for all the interesting information. By the way can an online ouija board be real?

by Anonymousreply 83August 7, 2011 6:48 AM

I don't think they work. I do believe in other stuff though. %0D %0D Years ago I got some books on witch craft and various types of black magic. Things such as necromancy and hexes and curses. Over the years I've done all sorts of stuff and have managed to put curses on people that I felt have done me wrong. Oddly enough, I have a great track record. I've willed people's lives to shit in revenge. You have to be careful though.... if you are too specific, you may end up having what you wished on somebody else back onto you.

by Anonymousreply 84August 7, 2011 6:55 AM

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 85August 7, 2011 6:57 AM

84, why would you harm when you can heal?

by Anonymousreply 86August 7, 2011 7:03 AM

That's a silly question R86. Atleast I think it is. Seriously, we all want revenge in some way whether we admit it or not. %0D %0D That is like if somebody poked your eye out, you're just supposed to move on and make due with one eye? While you adapt, you tell yourself that they are hurting even worse for the damage they caused? %0D %0D %0D Revenge is a dish best served piping hot.

by Anonymousreply 87August 7, 2011 7:08 AM

Oh, could I make a request? Please stop summoning men through that damn thing. I am just tired of the silly giggling that goes on

by Anonymousreply 88August 7, 2011 7:31 AM

Me too. And I won't answer any more of those damn scat questions about Betty White!

by Anonymousreply 89August 7, 2011 7:32 AM

[quote]Here's a question to ask yourself: are you comfortable giving the keys to your car to a homeless person who's a complete stranger to you? If you are certain they will always give the keys back to you and leave your car the way they received it....then carry on.

Maybe not... but is that really the same as buying a mass-produced(probably in China as many Hasbro products are) board game at a national chain toy-store?

No wonder those "spirits" have attitudes. You think you have an eternity of peace and quiet lined up, and suddenly you're expected to mess with susceptible people through a Chinese-made mass-produced board game. I'd sure be pissed-off.

by Anonymousreply 90August 7, 2011 7:33 AM

The antichrist is alive and well in new zealand as we speak. that's what the board told me and my cousins 20 years ago.%0D %0D he must be about 70 now.

by Anonymousreply 91August 7, 2011 7:48 AM

Kia ora!

by Anonymousreply 92August 7, 2011 8:10 AM

Something that stuck with me was a comment that only spirits that have unfinished business or can't let go (because they died so brutal) can be reached through an Ouija board since the souls who died peacefully and have resolved all their issues have left earth and the living behind.

And usually most documented / retold experiences mention that the spirit isn't nice and manipulates or torments in order for the living to do his bidding.

Personally I use tarot cards which heighten my senses for my past, present, and future surroundings.

by Anonymousreply 93August 7, 2011 8:55 AM

Great, this is exactly the type of shit I shouldn't be reading at 2am. I'll never get to sleep.

I'm gonna go take a unisom.

by Anonymousreply 94August 7, 2011 8:56 AM

R75, you're assuming they were talking about Earth. If there are sentient beings on other planets, chances are they're hosts for reincarnation as well.

by Anonymousreply 95August 7, 2011 9:01 AM

[quote]You have to be careful though.... if you are too specific, you may end up having what you wished on somebody else back onto you.

R84, just you reminded me of an adorable short story by Robert Sheckley, called "The Same To You Doubled".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 7, 2011 9:05 AM

R95, that's a good point.

The spirits are never completely forthcoming, even sweet-natured ones. Who knows what the future will bring to humankind?

by Anonymousreply 97August 7, 2011 9:08 AM

There is a saying in witchcraft that whatever you send out / wish upon others (blessings or curses) it can come back to you threefold when the person you put the spell or hex on is protected from your kind of spells.

by Anonymousreply 98August 7, 2011 9:13 AM

Maybe because the future is still "changeable" to a certain extent. Maybe certain outcomes are planned for, hoped for, or intended, but the path can take detours... so it's difficult for them to say exactly what the future will be like.

They're also probably not allowed to give a full picture, just from an interference standpoint. After all, isn't the point of us being here to learn and gain experiences?

by Anonymousreply 99August 7, 2011 9:18 AM

[quote]Has he, R71?

Sorry, R73, I missed your post somehow.

He has, now.

He always told me I'd be dead at 25, and would be "his" again. But I'm 38 now and still alive.

I haven't had any problems with him, or scary shit like he used to do, since the last time I threw away my Ouija board, which was about 5 years ago. (I actually hadn't used a Ouija board since I was about 23, but like I said, it kept returning to my home.)

I don't know what happened, if he changed his mind about me or he got sidetracked by something or somebody else, or what. Maybe he wasn't quite as powerful as he claimed, and couldn't hurt me once I stopped using any Ouija boards?

All I know is, I haven't experienced his presence in many years, and hopefully never will again.

by Anonymousreply 100August 7, 2011 9:18 AM

This all kind of backs up the idea that we're all SIMs in a giant computer game. The spirits are the players, and human bodies are the avatars. Rowdy spirits can hack into us when given the opportunity.

To me, it would also explain the way humans are evolving... from plays, to books, paintings, movies, games, virtual reality, etc. It seems like it's in our nature to create other realities that we can escape to for new experiences. What's to say we won't create a way to physically tap ourselves into advanced simulations in the future, where our consciousness is shared by an avatar in a computer. We're just instinctively recreating what we've already done before in spirit form.

It also in a way explains the internet. A vast network, where we can all tap in and access the information we need when we need it. It's kind of a crude version of how the spirit world is sometimes described: a stream of knowledge, where they can instantly pull up information about past and future events.

by Anonymousreply 101August 7, 2011 9:36 AM

Amazing how all these spirits know how to spell in English.

by Anonymousreply 102August 7, 2011 9:53 AM

I'm seriously scared right now. Will someone come and cuddle with me?

by Anonymousreply 103August 7, 2011 10:01 AM

More importantly, are these spirits grammar sensitive?

by Anonymousreply 104August 7, 2011 10:07 AM

When I was a teen living in Detroit, a series of murders of coeds took place and, being stupid teens, we decided to use a ouija board to talk to the spirit of the last girl who got killed and ask her who did it. I don't know if it was actually that spirit, but the damn planchette went off the board and pointed straight at one of the girls around the table. We put it on the board and tried again with the same result. We were so scared, we just put it away and tried to forget about it. Two or three weeks later, the girl's cousin, John Norman Collins, was arrested for one of the murders.

by Anonymousreply 105August 7, 2011 10:33 AM

When I was young my sis was having a birthday party, we pulled out the Ouija Board and it freaked me out so much I've never gone near one since. I can't recall what the message was but it was really disconcerting. Later that night we played 'light as a feather, stiff as a board' which worked and totally freaked me out. Since that time I have had a healthy respect for, I don't know what to call it, the spirit world I guess. Creepy!

by Anonymousreply 106August 7, 2011 10:53 AM

I heart R101 and his nerdy ways.

by Anonymousreply 107August 7, 2011 11:01 AM

Enough about Ouija.%0D %0D Anyone wanna play Jumanji?

by Anonymousreply 108August 7, 2011 11:33 AM

Wait till you people discover the Magic 8 Ball. That'll make your blood run cold.

by Anonymousreply 109August 7, 2011 12:25 PM

What's this 'light as a feather' business?

by Anonymousreply 110August 7, 2011 12:38 PM

light as a feather is some magic trick where friends use "magic" to lift one of them up with no pressure or actual strenght being used "like a feather". Some claim it's a group hypnosis where people's bodies are numbed down so they don't feel like they are really lifting a heavy body.

by Anonymousreply 111August 7, 2011 12:44 PM

Thanks R111.

by Anonymousreply 112August 7, 2011 12:52 PM

Here you go, this really freaked me out as a kid! And it worked! The moment the girl we were levitating opened her eyes and came out of what seemed to be hypnosis, her weight brought her back to the fortunately well padded purple shag carpet. No joke, what was weightless and effortless turned to dead weight the moment she opened her eyes... dark sided!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 7, 2011 12:59 PM

Fun thread. I used to use Ouija boards with my friend on a regular basis when I was 13-17. We got the same spirit every time, named Ana, who told us that she enjoyed getting into people's bodies while they were having sex, spoke harshly of the last man she had been with before passing (saying she killed him for catching him cheating on her) and all kinds of other raunchy jokes. She had an intense hatred for my father and my friend's mother. We always knew when Ana was upset because the planchette would move around in very fast, strong circles. We'd often use the board in my friend's bedroom with the door closed and I can't tell you how many times that planchette would start spinning around, we'd ask what was wrong and she'd say "Bitch" or something like that-- sure enough her mother would come knocking on the door 2 seconds later.

There's no doubt in my mind that they're real. We'd test Ana out and ask questions in our head, then the person who did the asking would look away so they couldn't see the board and sure enough, it'd come back right every time.

After I moved out of the house, I used the board a couple of times with another friend but then could no longer find anyone who was brave enough to use it with me. I've probably not been on one in 10 years and finally found someone who isn't chicken shit, so I'm really curious to see if Ana is still there after all this time (I now live on a different side of the country).

by Anonymousreply 114August 7, 2011 2:38 PM

More interesting stuff about this in case anyone is interested in reading.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 7, 2011 2:58 PM

LOL at R9.

by Anonymousreply 116August 7, 2011 3:10 PM

R101 is giving a pretty good description of the Akashic record.%0D %0D r67, for all his arrogance about education needs to go educate himself about Ruth Montgomery.

by Anonymousreply 117August 7, 2011 3:15 PM

So far R105 wins. That actually sent a chill down my spine.

by Anonymousreply 118August 7, 2011 3:56 PM

People, Listen carefully...%0D Humans are very powerful creatures that have power in thought. Never EVER think for a second that a Negative Entity can take control of your life or drive you mad or insane. Even if you accidentally studied wrongly or made mistakes in your search for this ancient knowledge that so many people Hoard and hide for themselves for greedy personal gain ,FEAR Not for only fear is there power! Just Make or Have some ORGONE nearby or wear as a pendant and watch the Negative entity's Burn and Crackle in front of your own eyes. LIFE GOD ENERGY ORGONE !!! Make Orgonite yourself with the very intent to dissolve these Fears or Attached Souls and I Swear this will thwart there negative motives or intents effortlessly. With every negative there is a positive and Negative cannot survive near the positive elements. Orgone Burns Them Down!! Read read read away for Orgone is here to stay !!

by Anonymousreply 119August 7, 2011 4:10 PM

^^^ Orson Bean.

by Anonymousreply 120August 7, 2011 4:16 PM

If you don't push the little thing around on purpose to spell words, it will just sit there.

by Anonymousreply 121August 7, 2011 4:20 PM

It's weird tht the light as a feather worked when I was a kid. I couldn't explain it at the time but didn't worry about it.

by Anonymousreply 122August 7, 2011 4:27 PM

There are a a lot of light as a feather stiff as a board videos on Youtube. Here's one of them.

by Anonymousreply 123August 7, 2011 4:27 PM

R121, your wrong. It probably doesn't work for you but there are times when the board works. Just because everything doesn't happen to you, doesn't mean it never happens.

by Anonymousreply 124August 7, 2011 4:29 PM

You're all a bunch of crazies. It's a piece of cardboard manufactured by Hasbro. ooOOoOOOO googly moogly!

by Anonymousreply 125August 7, 2011 5:15 PM

All I know is that when I'm dead and gone I better not arrive at my destination and find out I'm assigned to Quija Board duty every 2nd Tuesday from 8-11.

If I am, this is gonna be one pissed off spirit answering your stupid questions. Go fuck yourself in advance if you think I'm going to care how many kids Patsy Cline had or whether Madeline McCaan is dead. I'll be the damned Citibank Customer Service Center of the spirit world.

by Anonymousreply 126August 7, 2011 6:17 PM

Look here, Ouija bitches, I AM NOT DEAD! Stop asking for my goddamned spirit!

by Anonymousreply 127August 7, 2011 6:40 PM

I'll be happy to sing a little something for you; ignore Helen, she's an angry spirit.

by Anonymousreply 128August 7, 2011 6:47 PM

[quote] More importantly, are these spirits grammar sensitive?

Only if they were DL denizens in life.

by Anonymousreply 129August 7, 2011 7:00 PM

Do you want to know the secret of how the Ouija board really works? Here it is: Someone always gets bored after a little while, and decides to liven things up by pushing the planchette around. Seeing the other person/s present start to freak out provides the rewarding incentive for the "cheater" to continue with the scam.

by Anonymousreply 130August 7, 2011 8:26 PM

P-U-R-C-H-a-$-e an eight ball...

by Anonymousreply 131August 7, 2011 8:33 PM

It's not true, when two people are at the board ...no one is moving the pointer around. What would be the point? Some assholes judge the whole world by themselves. Sorry but everyone is an asshole but we are not all, the same kind of asshole. R130 is a major, KNOW-IT-ALL, asshole. Lucky for me, I don't know him.

by Anonymousreply 132August 7, 2011 8:45 PM

[quote]It's a piece of cardboard manufactured by Hasbro.

Hasbro manufactured and patented them, that's true. Hasbro didn't invent them. The origin of ouija and divination boards has been traced back to the 1800's, though the Museum of Talking Boards theorizes they could've existed centuries even before then.

by Anonymousreply 133August 7, 2011 8:49 PM

Oops, sorry, I posted the url in the wrong field.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 7, 2011 8:51 PM

So according to Ouija Internet board.

-I will never be loved.

-I will never get married

- I will never have kid.

-I will die young, during the spring

-the number of kids I'll have is 4 and husbands 10 none of them will love me expect my boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 135August 7, 2011 8:59 PM

Heh heh heh! Don't be alarmed folks. R132 is just Criswell trying to convince you that he doesn't know me.

Bitch, PLEASE!

by Anonymousreply 136August 7, 2011 8:59 PM

[quote]the number of kids I'll have is 4 and husbands 10 none of them will love me expect my boyfriend.

Don't feel bad, hun, happens to the best of us.

by Anonymousreply 137August 7, 2011 9:04 PM

Interesting about the Akashic records. It really does seem like we're trying to recreate it with the internet.

by Anonymousreply 138August 7, 2011 9:31 PM

You all are ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 139August 7, 2011 9:38 PM

R119 = the fabulous DOROTA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140August 7, 2011 10:01 PM

It's the yes-yes board. The name comes from the French and German words for "yes".

by Anonymousreply 141August 7, 2011 11:20 PM

I grew up with a woman who is the great-niece of an infamous murderer. He died before she was born. When we were kids we tried to contact him but nothing happened.

by Anonymousreply 142August 8, 2011 3:04 AM

Ouija Board how to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143August 8, 2011 4:10 AM

After I screwed around on the online ouija board I used the bathroom and when I flushed my pipes rumbled and the floor vibrated. This has never happened before. It stopped soon after.

by Anonymousreply 144August 8, 2011 4:35 AM

After I used the online Ouija I had an intense period. I burned my soiled underthings in a waste basket and flushed the bloody debris down the toilet. This has NEVER happened before.

by Anonymousreply 145August 8, 2011 4:50 AM

So are all of you posting the stories really gullible or where you the ones moving the planchette around? My only experience was a little huckster bitch I went to high school with. I caught her pushing it a few times. Pissed her off when I called her out on it. I'd rather believe in automatic writing.

by Anonymousreply 146August 8, 2011 5:32 AM

Seems I will soon marry a man named jakdkkjjjl.

by Anonymousreply 147August 8, 2011 5:40 AM

[quote]Seems I will soon marry a man named jakdkkjjjl.%0D %0D %0D Better start shopping for that burka soon!

by Anonymousreply 148August 8, 2011 6:41 AM

R119's post sounds like Orson Bean's contribution to that "whoever makes up the most popular fake religion wins" bet that Hubbard had with Clarke and whoever else.

by Anonymousreply 149August 8, 2011 9:25 PM

[quote]I am fascinated by them and really want to try one. Is it better to try them in some other place besides your home? Or does it really matter, will a spirit just follow you?

NO, do not EVER do it in your own home. You don't want to unleash anything evil to wreck havoc in your home. Do it at a friend's house. The next time you go to a dinner party, tell them you'll provide the after-dinner entertainment and bring your board.

by Anonymousreply 150August 9, 2011 5:29 AM

R16, did your powerful spirit ever go by a certain name? There's a certain entity that keeps showing up for different people, but always under the same name or variations of the same name. It's some spooky internet legend reading.

A roommate and I once bought a ouija board to figure out what was going on with our haunted apt. 99% of what the board said was garbage that sounded scary but simply wasn't, but the one thing it did say that spooked me was when it asked me to "Turn around, for I am there!" ... I did not turn around. Wasn't about to feed whatever it was with my belief and turn around and see something. Nope.

(But if I had turned around, what would I have seen?)

by Anonymousreply 151August 9, 2011 8:31 AM

Your friends must love you, r150.

by Anonymousreply 152August 9, 2011 9:15 AM

How does a Ouija board work?

July 3, 2000

Dear Straight Dope:

Can you please explain exactly how a Ouija board works? I know some people say it's because of spirits, and others say it's because of involuntary movements, but most people would agree that it's really not explainable. If that's the case, then how can Parker Brothers manufacture a game which process can't be explained?

%E2%80%94 Heather and Mark

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153August 9, 2011 9:34 AM

[quote]NO, do not EVER do it in your own home. You don't want to unleash anything evil to wreck havoc in your home. Do it at a friend's house. The next time you go to a dinner party, tell them you'll provide the after-dinner entertainment and bring your board.%0D %0D Sounds like one of Kirker's toilet adventures.

by Anonymousreply 154August 10, 2011 1:14 AM

I wrote a paper about ouija boards for my high school psychology class. This subject has been very well studied. The planchette on a Ouija board works on the same principle as automatic writing, through the natural involuntary movements our bodies make all the time. That is, when someone isn't deliberately making them move.

by Anonymousreply 155August 10, 2011 1:52 AM

This thread is making me want to go and get a Ouija Board and try one out.

by Anonymousreply 156August 10, 2011 2:01 AM

Why aren't the fundies lined up for blocks around the Hasbro factory? I mean, after the fits they pitched about Harry Potter you would think this would be like meth to them.

by Anonymousreply 157August 10, 2011 2:26 AM

It's a look into one's subconscious. I like that.

by Anonymousreply 158August 10, 2011 7:26 AM

[quote]This thread is making me want to go and get a Ouija Board and try one out.

NO, do not do it. Do not mess with this. You WILL regret it. But if you do, make sure not to do it in your own home, unless you want your home to be forever haunted.

by Anonymousreply 159August 10, 2011 8:48 AM

I tried Ouija boards many, many times when I was a kid. It always went the same way: We'd get progressively wierder answers, and then the kid who was pushing the planchette around would crack up and call the rest of us dumbasses. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 160August 10, 2011 9:56 AM

This reminds me of the ghost hunters episode where they went to Cielo Drive and the homeowner talked about having a seance to try and contact them...... Then wondered how come all the weird shit started happening at his house. Oops.

by Anonymousreply 161August 10, 2011 10:38 AM

I came to this thread only for the pleasure of seeing the word 'planchette.'

by Anonymousreply 162August 10, 2011 12:22 PM

kate planchette?

by Anonymousreply 163August 11, 2011 12:20 AM

r-16 posted:

Don't do it alone, OP. Ouija boards open a "doorway" to the spirit world, and more powerful or malevolent spirits may be able to force their way through. Especially if you are a weak or vulnerable person to them.

THIS IS SO TRUE. I want to repost this because I can vouch for it from my own personal experience.

by Anonymousreply 164August 11, 2011 12:25 AM

My spirit's name was Cheryl. Yes, she brought her stench

by Anonymousreply 165August 11, 2011 12:33 AM

How can you argue on one hand that it is complete nonsense and on the other argue it is too powerful of an instrument to use alone? I am so tempted to try it.

by Anonymousreply 166August 11, 2011 12:46 AM

I'm the one who's been posting some of the links to other websites on this thread like the Museum of Talking Boards link (can't remember which reply numbers I was).

First off, anyone who is a believer or disbeliever or whatever, you might want to read a book called Psychic Connections. It's by Lois Duncan (author of the book I Know What You Did Last Summer and Who Killed My Daughter?, which was a real life story about her daughter's murder and the psychic events that surrounded this). Psychic Connections is a fascinating book and there's a section in there about ouija too, if I remember correctly. No matter how skeptical you are, this is the book that'll make you wonder if you're wrong. But even if it doesn't make you believe, it really is a very interesting book.

To the people who say you tried the board in such and such place and nothing happened, there's nothing surprising about that. Like all paranormal things, nothing is 100%. There are many professional psychics who say the same thing, that this is not the type of thing that you can turn off and on like a light switch. Using an ouija board in a normal house will have very different results from using it in a graveyard or a place where a murder or suicide or other tragedy happened. Just because it was someone pushing the pointer doesn't mean that the board couldn't actually work at another time or in a different place.

Just something to chew on FWIW. Those of you who are actually thinking of trying the ouija board...well, this advice will probably fall on deaf ears but at least Google directions on how to use an ouija board safely and read them (even if you decide not to follow them). And read some of the stories of other people who used it, if for only for shits and giggles and nothing more. Again, FWIW to you.

by Anonymousreply 167August 11, 2011 1:52 AM

(R124) You're wrong. Your wrong. You're wrong. Your wrong.

by Anonymousreply 168August 11, 2011 3:40 AM

I played with one when I was a kid. Basically it always ended up in an argument of "you moved it!" "No, YOU moved it!" etc.

So one time, after our friends went home, my best friend and I swore to each other that we wouldn't move the planchette.

So we tried it, and it spelled out:TDJWSLSIRBCN. I nearly shat my pants.

by Anonymousreply 169August 11, 2011 4:09 AM

I played with one once. It must have been broken. The dang thing didn't budge.

by Anonymousreply 170August 11, 2011 5:27 AM

[quote]Using an ouija board in a normal house will have very different results from using it in a graveyard or a place where a murder or suicide or other tragedy happened.

This gives me an idea for a great outing. Get some friends together to go to the cemetery and set the Ouija board on a tombstone and play there. We could bring sleeping bags and make it a themed camping trip. I've never had results using the board at home so this might make it work.

by Anonymousreply 171August 11, 2011 6:33 AM

This thread is making me STIFF AS A BOARD!

by Anonymousreply 172August 11, 2011 11:45 AM

Forget the graveyard, one would think that with all those Ouija Boards passing through there, the Hasbro Factory must look like the last reel of Ghostbusters.

by Anonymousreply 173August 11, 2011 12:23 PM

LOL, R73.

Except that the Hasbro factory only MAKES the boards and planchettes.

Nobody there is stupid enough to actually use one!

by Anonymousreply 174August 11, 2011 6:07 PM

[quote]R16, did your powerful spirit ever go by a certain name? There's a certain entity that keeps showing up for different people, but always under the same name or variations of the same name. It's some spooky internet legend reading.

Sorry, R151, fucking goddamn DL primetime's kept me from answering you.

His name was Seth. (Modernised version of Set?)

He told me he was pretty much the Devil's right-hand man; if Satan were the president, Seth was the vice-president. Sounds stupid, I'm sure, but that's how he explained it to me.

He also told me he loved me and that he and I were meant to be together forever. He said we'd both been alive several times before and that, each time, he'd murdered me so that we could return to our "fun" lives as spirits in Hell.

The last time I died was in 1929, when my bf (a reincarnation of Seth) strangled me. My previous life and death was in the 1870's-1880's; Seth says he was really jealous and angry with me that time around and let/made me "accidentally" drown when I was 16.

I know I sound like a loon to some of you, but others of you clearly know the kind of scary stuff I'm talking about.

I've never heard of any internet lore like mine, R151. Do you or anyone else have any info or possible links?

by Anonymousreply 175August 11, 2011 6:55 PM

I'm afraid that posting on this thread will allow the demons to take over my body

by Anonymousreply 176August 11, 2011 7:03 PM

The only dangerous force unleashed by a Ouija board is superstition.

by Anonymousreply 177August 11, 2011 7:10 PM

[quote]So we tried it, and it spelled out:TDJWSLSIRBCN. I nearly shat my pants.%0D %0D %0D %0D Yes, but if you read that backwards it says Paul is dead."

by Anonymousreply 178August 11, 2011 8:13 PM

r20 - how can you believe in a spirit world, but don't believe in God (who is a spirit)?

by Anonymousreply 179August 11, 2011 8:37 PM

Don't do it. You'll just attrack some evil being that will make your life hell.

by Anonymousreply 180August 11, 2011 8:38 PM

[quote]This sounds crazy, but one was given to me decades ago, and, after several uncomfortable experiences with it, I threw it away. I even remember the white trashbag with the scented tie I put it in. Years later, we were moving and I was cleaning out the foyer closet and there it was.

[quote]It took me several tries to finally get rid of my last Ouija board. I swear to God, I would place it in a garbage bag and throw it in the trashbin, and then months later, I'd find it again in my closet.

This is why my sister, who is very religious (and the kindest person I know) insists these types of devices MUST be [bold]burned,[/bold] never merely discarded.

by Anonymousreply 181August 11, 2011 8:57 PM

I have the same quandary R179. I've experienced things that I simply can't explain except through supernatural causes. But if I allow that such things are possible doesn't that open the door for God, Jesus and the whole bit? As a near atheist I'm conflicted.

by Anonymousreply 182August 11, 2011 9:26 PM

Wow, R175, you really have a messed up subconscious. Think about why you would be having these conversations with yourself. There might be unresolved issues lurking underneath.

by Anonymousreply 183August 12, 2011 6:11 AM

[quote]But if I allow that such things are possible doesn't that open the door for God, Jesus and the whole bit? As a near atheist I'm conflicted.

Uh, no, it doesn't open the door for God, Jesus and the whole bit, for the same reason it doesn't open the door for Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the whole bit.

by Anonymousreply 184August 12, 2011 6:12 AM

I guess it opens the door for being pointlessly dickish though.

by Anonymousreply 185August 12, 2011 6:41 AM

[quote]Think about why you would be having these conversations with yourself.

Huh? What conversations?

by Anonymousreply 186August 12, 2011 6:46 AM

Once I walked into a dorm room and everyone started freeking out because the board said it was afraid of the red head at the door a half hour before I stopped by to surprise the gang with beer. So maybe it was a gay ghost who knewmy fashion "sense"

by Anonymousreply 187August 12, 2011 1:32 PM

R187, do cuffs and collar match?

by Anonymousreply 188August 13, 2011 3:13 AM

Thanks R16... Different entity, I think. The one I'm talking about goes by Zozo with variations like Zaza/Zoso. Pop that into google and you'll see what I mean. I think you are on the right track with the "Set" connection. Some believe the Zozo entity is related to Pazuzu, the Babylonian demon. Makes me daydream that all these old bored Babylonian and Egyptian gods are floating around in the ethers, messing with people.

by Anonymousreply 189August 13, 2011 6:54 AM

[quote]Huh? What conversations? Uh, conversations with your crazy self, you loon. Your subconscious is saying all of these violent things about murdering you. You even gave him a name. You must have a disturbed psyche. Do you have built up rage inside? What could be making you say these things to yourself?

by Anonymousreply 190August 13, 2011 9:00 PM

Fascinating, but scary stuff r175. %0D Thanks for sharing.%0D Hope you've got some more scary Ouija stories.

by Anonymousreply 191August 13, 2011 9:17 PM

Ouija Boards are yet another thing that you have to be Christian to find scary. Like so many horror classics. I am still waiting for a Jewish Exorcist movie, where the mother tells the psychiatrist, Well, she's a little testy lately...

by Anonymousreply 192August 13, 2011 9:29 PM

Light as a feather, stiff as a board...

by Anonymousreply 193August 13, 2011 9:38 PM

My wife Michelle and I played around with this back in Chicago in 2005. Board told me I'd be the greatest presidents of the 21st century. Part of it came true...

by Anonymousreply 194August 13, 2011 10:20 PM

Seth was Cain and Abel's brother. I didn't know he was revered in Islam also.%0D %0D Don't see anything about an evil Seth...

by Anonymousreply 195August 13, 2011 11:52 PM

People who believe in ouija boards are mentally ill. We have lots of mentally ill people on Dataliunge who are on multiple psychiatric meds, so it's not surprising there are people here telling ouija board stories.

by Anonymousreply 196August 14, 2011 12:36 AM

Ouija boards are a registered Hasbro toy. The ouija board was a parlor game not associated with the occult until some nutbag spiritualist used it years after it was patented. To believe it is a pathway to the spiritual world is akin to believing GI Joe can communicate through telepathy.

by Anonymousreply 197August 14, 2011 12:41 AM

But if you *aren't* allegedly contacting the spirit world, what's the point of the Ouija board? It's hard to imagine an 1890s parlor game in which people put their hands on a planchette in hopes their brains will send little electric impulses to their fingers.

by Anonymousreply 198August 14, 2011 12:59 PM

They've been used for at least over a thousand years now, it's nothing new. Google is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 199August 14, 2011 2:26 PM

My friend Google is a cunt! Google and Julie made the Sugarland stage collapse.

by Anonymousreply 200August 14, 2011 3:12 PM

If Ouija boards really were used by spirits, then you wouldn't need to put your hands on the planchette.

by Anonymousreply 201August 14, 2011 3:14 PM

I finally got to use one last night and it was interesting. I hadn't used a ouija board for about 10 years and wanted to see who was floating around my apartment. We chatted briefly with three different spirits- Wendy, Rex and Floyd. Two of them gave me specific years that they lived in the building (during the 60s) and the apartment numbers. I wish there was a way to look the info up to verify it, there's no way my landlord would have that. They all said that the building sucks now, is loud and has stupid tenants. I couldn't agree with them more.

Floyd said he was 8 when he lived here in 67. There's an elementary school around the corner from here that's been around since the 20s or 30s so I may see if they have a school roster with that name on it. Silly, but fun!

by Anonymousreply 202August 20, 2011 3:02 PM

Do it R202. And see if you can find the census records for your building.

by Anonymousreply 203August 20, 2011 3:17 PM

Where would I go to get that, R202? I know regular US census info is only online up to 1930 right now. My apartment building (in WeHo) has been around since the late 50s and the only person who actually would have been around during the 60s passed away a couple of years ago. The current owner, who is a bitch, has only had this place since the 90s. In the 8 years I've lived here, 7 people have died (all elderly, only 1 actually died in their apartment).

by Anonymousreply 204August 20, 2011 3:50 PM

r202, what kind of person was naming a child "Floyd" in 1959? Do you live in Hooterville?

by Anonymousreply 205August 20, 2011 5:17 PM

Maybe he was named after a relative. It's not crazy to hear of that name in the 50s.

Picturing kids 50 years from now using ouija boards: "Tell us your name" .."A-Q-U-A-N-E-T-T-A"

by Anonymousreply 206August 20, 2011 6:26 PM

M-A-D-I-S-O-N A-N-D H-A-L-E-I-G-H

They haunt the local Gap Kids. At night, you can hear their phantom footsteps treading on the laminate floor.

by Anonymousreply 207August 20, 2011 6:32 PM

[quote]But this powerful spirit began freaking me the fuck out with some of the things he said, so I eventually stopped using Ouija boards entirely, as he would find me wherever I was (even when I vacationed across the country and used someone else's Ouija board while over there) and take over, and I was terrified of him.

Spill, R16/R35. You can't leave us hanging like this.. why did he freak you out? what did he say?

by Anonymousreply 208August 21, 2011 10:39 AM

I'm still laughing at r1! Love this thread!

by Anonymousreply 209August 21, 2011 5:53 PM

R182: At least you're being honest about your feelings/fears instead of blindly dismissing what you don't understand. That in itself takes courage.

by Anonymousreply 210August 23, 2011 6:39 PM

The Ouija Board movie is not happening. Color me disappointed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211August 24, 2011 7:38 PM

This fall weather has put me in the mood to light some candals and whip out the ole board.

by Anonymousreply 212September 17, 2011 4:35 AM

Send it back, you don't want to bring forth spirits into your life.

by Anonymousreply 213September 17, 2011 4:42 AM

I had a horrible, nasty spirit take a hold of me for some time. I tried everything to send it into the white light. That fucker had me running trains in the sling at The Slammer almost every weekend. Vile and nasty spirit.

by Anonymousreply 214September 17, 2011 6:30 AM

That spirit sounds like quite the whore R214.

by Anonymousreply 215September 18, 2011 1:06 AM

[quote]The number of lives we've all had varies. Some spirits are on their thirtieth go-round, others have only lived once or twice before.

Lovely. So we all have to go through childhood and high school over and over again?

by Anonymousreply 216September 18, 2011 2:20 AM

R202--go to your public library and ask for the City Directory of the years you want to check and do a reverse search--look for the building's name and/or the street address.

by Anonymousreply 217September 18, 2011 2:41 AM

[quote]Huh? What conversations?

[quote]Uh, conversations with your crazy self, you loon. Your subconscious is saying all of these violent things about murdering you. You even gave him a name. You must have a disturbed psyche. Do you have built up rage inside? What could be making you say these things to yourself?

So, all those conversations were in my head?

Was the candle flame that suddenly shot up to the ceiling in my head, too?

What about my friend Jenny's shadow growing large enough to fill the room?

The papers falling off the dresser, in a closed room?

My friend Debbie's necklace somehow coming undone 3 times in 10 minutes, with the cross sliding off the necklace and bouncing under the bed each time?

Yeah, it's my imagination, sure.

I understand you don't believe me, and I don't give a shit. But you don't have to be such an asshole about it and call me a crazy loon, you ignorant cunt.

by Anonymousreply 218September 18, 2011 2:57 AM

My Ouija board told me to go to hell...

by Anonymousreply 219September 18, 2011 3:01 AM

This is perfect weather for a ouija board. Thinking of pulling out mine.

by Anonymousreply 220September 25, 2011 4:22 AM

My Ouija board was evil. Tried to convince me to buy Florida real estate in 2005. I prayed to Jesus and he told me, "No fucking way. We're due for a crash."

Thank god I didn't listen to the devil

by Anonymousreply 221September 25, 2011 4:53 AM

Smoke a puff of tutti fruti first...

by Anonymousreply 222September 28, 2011 2:19 AM

My house had an incident of haunting once. I heard my little brother crying and I ran to his room. His bed was shaking almost like there was an earthquake, except it was only the bed. I immediately dropped to the ground to look under the bed, and there was nothing there. I ran down the hall to get my stepmom and told her what was happening. She was heavily into Santeria. After she saw it, she ran back to her room and got some kind of water and said prayers, running and throwing drops of water around the house. It stopped immediately! This all took only a couple minutes, max.

I asked her what was happening and what she did to make it stop, and all she said was something about my sister and her friends playing with the Ouija board the night before. I was there watching then play (they were supposedly talking to the devil), by didn't confess. However, my dad thought it had something to do with her being in a feud with a witch. I thought that was likely since she didn't want to discuss it further with me.

Twenty years later, I have since grown up to be a skeptic and I have no explanation for what happened that day. My dad is now in denial and says "There must have been one of your older brother's friends under the bed shaking it as a joke."

by Anonymousreply 223September 28, 2011 7:45 AM

I used one with my friend when I was growing up but he just made it say his sister is a bitch.

I also remember doing the light as a feather, stiff as a board game as a kid and it worked.

by Anonymousreply 224October 1, 2011 6:33 AM

Anyone pulling out the Ouija board for Halloween?

by Anonymousreply 225October 15, 2011 4:20 AM

My boyfriend got me one this Christmas. I have been interested in the board ever since the start of this thread. I have done some research on it and have watched some youtube vids on how to properly use it. It's still wrapped up and under the tree. I am excited and nervous about it at the same time. Anyone else out there consult a ouija board regularly?

by Anonymousreply 226December 30, 2011 3:58 AM

I think they work better for chilfren.

by Anonymousreply 227December 30, 2011 4:02 AM

Y u o a r e a n i d i o t f o r b e l i e v i n g t h i s r u b b i s h

by Anonymousreply 228December 30, 2011 4:10 AM

There are a lot of people on this thread making jokes about things that their small, unenlightened minds cannot comprehend.

by Anonymousreply 229December 30, 2011 6:03 AM

[quote]There are a lot of people on this thread making jokes about things that their small, unenlightened minds cannot comprehend.

Go back to fingering your smelly anus while contemplating the majesty of Kim Kardashian and how fortune cookies always reveal the truth, idiot!

by Anonymousreply 230December 30, 2011 6:33 AM

I just used mine and it said you will all die screaming in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 231December 30, 2011 6:38 AM

Is there a thread hall of fame? This one is a riot!

Some postsers are delusional, some are just full of shit. Many of the replies are snarky perfection!

I wish all threads were like this!

by Anonymousreply 232December 30, 2011 7:08 PM

Mine said my marriage would last forever. Do you think it was wrong?

by Anonymousreply 233December 30, 2011 7:16 PM

Mine said 12/21/12 will be a time of change...I think it means the poles will be shifting. Oh Happy Day!

by Anonymousreply 234December 30, 2011 7:34 PM

I like to believe the Ouija board is an amazing tool to connect with your own subconscious.

by Anonymousreply 235December 31, 2011 4:27 AM

You certainly proved my point, R230.

by Anonymousreply 236December 31, 2011 6:19 AM

When I was a teen, we had no problem getting them to work. As an adult, it didn't work but I really didn't want it to work.

by Anonymousreply 237December 31, 2011 7:10 PM

R16-

You're confirming a story that I'm going to be working on- it's about Ed and Lorraine Warren and the Perron family.

After they got rid of the witch spirit, the Perrons continued to live in their house for 9 years. The eldest wrote a book about it (came out this year) and said it was a positive experience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238January 1, 2012 2:32 AM

Ouija boards freak the fuck out of me. They're no joke! These girls learned the hard way. Eeek.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239January 1, 2012 6:17 AM

Mother please make it stop!

by Anonymousreply 240January 1, 2012 6:37 AM

Ouija boards freak the fuck out of me. They're no joke! These girls learned the hard way. Eeek.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241January 1, 2012 7:36 AM

I understand that some people are skeptics. Hell I used to be one too, but too much has happened for me to be that way. R16, what else can you tell us about Ouija Boards and spirituality? I 100% agree that we're reincarnated.

by Anonymousreply 242January 1, 2012 7:45 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 243January 1, 2012 11:29 PM

Wow way to turn something into a sick conversation {R19} if your not going to be serious then why post and ruin it for others!!! You make me sick!!!

by Anonymousreply 244August 1, 2012 7:36 AM

R244 is an idiot who's never heard of "The Exorcist".

Duh!

by Anonymousreply 245August 6, 2012 3:31 AM

What's the history of the original ones?

by Anonymousreply 246August 8, 2012 9:39 PM

Ouija's are 100% dangerous. They're just a tool for unknowingly summoning Familiar Spirits, or in other words, demons who masquerade as deceased people.

Demons have only 3 things in mind when dealing with mankind; infiltrate, destroy, kill. An Ouija Board is like screaming down a dark corridor; you don't know what will be run toward your voice.

If you've already messed with an Ouija board then Jesus Christ is your ONLY way out. I know there are a lot of hypocrites who say they believe in spirits but don't believe in God. Know that God is much more real than you or me. And unlike you or me, demons openly know Jesus Christ is Lord and fear Him. Any demon/spirit no matter how powerful knows the name of Jesus Christ and bows the knee to Him.

There have been countless cases of people who have used the Ouija Board naively thinking they will talk to dead people. Unfortunately the only result they've gotten was hauntings, night terrors, possession, or Sleep paralysis.

If you have an Ouija in your house, burn the stupid thing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247October 12, 2013 11:22 PM

If you folks are going to use one anytime soon, can we find out:

- What really happened to Natalie Holloway? - What really happened to JonBenet Ramsey? - Should George Zimmerman have been found guilty?

There's some DataLounge threads that I'd like to finish up.

by Anonymousreply 248October 12, 2013 11:57 PM

[R20] - how can you believe in a spirit world, but don't believe in God (who is a spirit)?

Interesting question R179. Are there other atheists Among the people who have posted their experiences.

Really enjoyable thread guys. Thanks! (Maybe sensitized as I just watched Paranormal Acitivity 2)

by Anonymousreply 249October 13, 2013 1:05 AM

The girl in R241 's video drank too much Nyquil with her grape soda.

by Anonymousreply 250October 13, 2013 1:09 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 251October 13, 2013 4:03 AM

Has anyone ever tried to contact the Parker Brothers with one of their Ouija Boards?

by Anonymousreply 252October 13, 2013 5:02 AM

I did, R252, but I got caught in their interactive disembodied voicemail system.

by Anonymousreply 253October 13, 2013 5:14 AM

[quote]Has anyone ever tried to contact the Parker Brothers with one of their Ouija Boards?

I tried but my board only coughed up one of the Smith Brothers.

by Anonymousreply 254October 13, 2013 5:17 AM

I did the Ouija board one Christmas morning with my younger sister (it was a gift). I was 15, she was 12. I asked who in the family loved me the most, believing full well that the answer would come back, "mom" or else her first name. It didn't. It spelled, "Jennifer." There was no one in our family even named Jennifer. Made no sense. "Stupid board," I thought, and then put it away. Fast forward 30 years later at age 45. I volunteered to be a foster parent and I finally got a call from the State. They had a new born baby that looked like she was going to become legally available for adoption, although first I would have to foster her while it went through the courts (the birth parents were a mess). That baby's name was Jennifer. Today she is my daughter. Your family is there today waiting for you, far away, near by. And not just the ones from the past.

by Anonymousreply 255October 15, 2013 3:58 AM

Do Muslims believe in Ouija board?

by Anonymousreply 256October 15, 2013 4:02 AM

I had an experience with a board like that, I ask who I would marry. I was 13 or 14 and didn't know anyone with that name, so I thought nothing of it but I married a person with that name about 7 years later.

by Anonymousreply 257October 15, 2013 4:07 AM

by Anonymousreply 258October 27, 2013 8:12 AM

I was a dumbass so I invited my friends over and tried to get Lucifer to talk to us on the board. We didn't see anything that made sense but the next day my room started to smell like sulfur. I cleaned it twice and found nothing. The smell went away after a day.

When I was about 16 me and my best friend used to use the Ouija alone. I guess one of it could have been pushing it but it was still really creepy. This guy would tell us about all the awful stuff he had done. He killed his girlfriend and sounded like a pimp. He was very funny though. We kept notes of the things he said but I don't know what happened to them. We ended up having a fight about him. I think he thought Mr. Ouija was an asshole and was freaked out. I don't remember everything and we stopped talking a few months later.

by Anonymousreply 259May 23, 2014 6:51 AM

Creepy bunp

by Anonymousreply 260May 23, 2014 8:52 AM

Theresa, the Long Island Medium, said on one of her shows they are dangerous and people shouldn't use them. You can contact bad spirits.

by Anonymousreply 261May 23, 2014 3:51 PM

Theresa is right!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262May 23, 2014 4:10 PM

[quote]I was a dumbass so I invited my friends over and tried to get Lucifer to talk to us on the board. We didn't see anything that made sense but the next day my room started to smell like sulfur.

"Tell us your name!"

"I-N-A-G-A-R-T-E-N"

by Anonymousreply 263May 23, 2014 4:27 PM

I still have the occasional dream with Mr Ouija in it. I'm tempted to get a Ouija board and try to contact him again.

by Anonymousreply 264May 23, 2014 11:04 PM

FWIW, while perusing this thread, and awaiting the inevitable stoner mention of Led Zep/Alistair Crowley/Zoso, a row of crosses appeared on my screen.

Banner ad for an online jeweler, Tri-something. Genius ad targeting, or a sign and wonder!

by Anonymousreply 265May 28, 2014 4:31 AM

They are nothing but trouble. I used to think they were a joke. They are mass produced by Parker Brothers, how could that possibly be dangerous? But it doesn't matter whether you use the commercial Ouija or make your own with an upturned wine glass, they work and they open a door of communication that should remain locked. I will never go near one again.

by Anonymousreply 266May 28, 2014 5:39 AM

Atheist here. I believe in NOTHING.

But I never could figure out how the planchette on the board moved by itself -- very speedily and with precision -- spelling out its answers to my questions when there were only two of us playing, and my friend wasn't even looking at the board (he'd grown somewhat weary of it) and I made sure my fingertips were barely, and I mean BARELY resting on it.

With another friend present at another time, we asked the 'spirit' to extinguish the candle we had burning on the dining room table, and it did.

All sorts of extremely crazy shit went on with the ouija board. This was all in the late 80s, early 90s. At one point my friends and I got so freaked out by the taunting from an 'evil spirit' that we burned it. But we were so obsessed that we started drawing new boards by hand so we could keep playing.

I'm serious when I say I don't believe in a spirit world, but I can't explain my ouija experiences back in the day. It was so strange.

by Anonymousreply 267May 28, 2014 5:52 AM

I remember vividly being on my front porch, playing with an Ouija board with my cousin. We were maybe 11 or 12. I was surprised that the darn thing moved around as we asked questions of someone/something. I remember only two questions and their answers "What's your name? Bill." "Where are you from? Hell." I jumped up, walked away, shaking like a leaf. Never played again.

by Anonymousreply 268May 28, 2014 6:19 AM

Does anyone know the derivation of the term "Ouija"? It seems to me that that should be the question du jour.

by Anonymousreply 269May 28, 2014 6:20 AM

The Ouija Board factory for the entire world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270May 28, 2014 6:22 AM

I don't have a Ouija board. Can someone ask theirs what my husband's name will be? Where will I meet him? Will he be good in the sack?

I'm a good person. I feel like I deserve happiness.

by Anonymousreply 271May 28, 2014 7:27 AM

I work for Hasbro. I've been to the factories, and I specifically asked to see where Ouija was manufactured.

The "pointer" (their term) is a simple mold and glue. The board is simple MDF/overlay/graphics — all done by machine.

The packaging is automated, but human do quality control. They switch out every few months because the atmosphere is creepy. The workers look a bit wild-eyed and terrified. My guide (guard) jokingly asked, "There are no bad spirits here?" The workers in Chinese fashion said, "No bad spirits."

One worker whispered to me (in Cantonese) a word that basically translates to "demons".

So suck it, we've cornered the market on evil. Just wait until Disney buys us.

by Anonymousreply 272May 28, 2014 3:47 PM

Anyone ever tried it in a graveyard? I pass an old cemetery when I go running and it seems like it might be cool to try the Ouija board there.

by Anonymousreply 273May 28, 2014 4:00 PM

It doesn't matter who made the board.It doesn't matter what the board is made from. It is what you are doing with it that matters!!! It is being used as an occult tool. If I understand correctly, there are other divination tools and practices that are ancient. Ouija may or may not be based on these, I don't know. Or, Hasbro may have just patented their version of the board, maybe someone out there could shed some light on this.

My advice: don't play with occult tools. I have never heard anything good about someone's experience with one of those boards.

by Anonymousreply 274May 29, 2014 9:17 PM

r269, Ouija means Yes Yes. Oui: French for yes, and Ja, for yes. German?

by Anonymousreply 275May 29, 2014 9:18 PM

Can you get bad spirits from using the online version?

I tried it and just got nonspecific, contradictory answers.

Still don't know my future husband's name. :(

by Anonymousreply 276May 29, 2014 9:21 PM

"Kennard claimed he learned the name "Ouija" from using the board and that it was an ancient Egyptian word meaning "good luck."

by Anonymousreply 277May 29, 2014 9:26 PM

Google and Wikipedia are your friends for info on Ouija.

by Anonymousreply 278May 30, 2014 12:09 AM

R267, I'm curious that your direct experience didn't influence your beliefs. Was that not some sort of proof that something more exists?

by Anonymousreply 279May 30, 2014 12:45 AM

A nice Downtown moment, when O'Brien, who probably gained access to the house via Ouija board, produced one at Christmas... much to Mrs. Hughes' disapproval.

Daisy: Do you think there are spirits, Mrs. Hughes?

Mrs. Hughes: Well, if there are, I don't think they play board games.

by Anonymousreply 280May 30, 2014 12:53 AM

Can you do it alone?

by Anonymousreply 281May 31, 2014 8:10 AM

Strange, how some people turn to a piece of cardboard to to get their spiritual needs met.

Why not pray instead? That never hurt or frightened anyone.

by Anonymousreply 282May 31, 2014 12:06 PM

Well, r282, tell that to all the people, usually older women, who purchase saint statues,candles, amulets and such.

by Anonymousreply 283May 31, 2014 7:18 PM

My portal has been wide open for nearly 20 years and nothing bad has happened to me.

by Anonymousreply 284June 1, 2014 12:16 AM

Prayer comes in many forms. A spell is a prayer, a drum circle is a prayer, a piece of music that moves you is a prayer. A poem. A Native American chant. What you really mean is why don't they pray to the Sky Fairy that you call God, r282. I'm a Witch and one of the most powerful spiritual workings I can perforn involves the Seven Powers. I petition Saint Anthony, Saint Theresa, Saint Michael. Is that prayer? One thing I don't do is consult a Ouija. Dangerous. Very dangerous. Like just about everyone here my friends and I played with them as tweens. And of course, we had scary experiences. I have only contacted a benevolent spirit a few times. One was my father who had an urgent message about someone who I considered a father. The rest were tricksters and/or spirits of people you wouldn't want to have known when they were alive. Or something ELSE. I don't think it's a coincidence that the boy who was possessed by Pazuzu was playing with a Ouija. Yeah, THAT something else.

by Anonymousreply 285June 1, 2014 12:32 AM

Can you do it on your own? Nobody I know will do it with me

by Anonymousreply 286June 1, 2014 12:54 AM

Okay, I am against fooling with these things, but if you have psychic ability, you might be able to use the board by yourself by using your index finger as the planchette. If it works it buys into the theory of some here that the spirit does indeed inhabit the body of the person or persons using the board. If you decide to try that, surround the board with a ring of salt. ask St. Michael to protect you from evil via a quick prayer, and then take a shower after you are finished asking your questions. I know that sounds strange but you are actually cleansing your aura. Try using a soap that can be found in a Botanica like Seven Powers. It comes in a bar like Dove. Just ask the question then clear your mind and place your index finger in the center of the board, touching the board lightly. Give it a couple of minutes. Your finger should move to the different letters. I can do this but I don't. For all the reasons cited here. And there is one particular poster on the thread who really is knowlegdable about this. r16.

by Anonymousreply 287June 1, 2014 1:20 AM

We're talking about Ouija boards, R284, not how big a whore ya' are.

by Anonymousreply 288June 1, 2014 1:23 AM

Thank you for that info, r285 and r287.

I have not done the Ouija board.The last thing I would ever do is use a ouija board.

I did begin to embrace Wicca, but was afraid to go further, esp. after what I did. I am afraid of, well, consequences. I did do something that I now wonder about, and wish I could talk to a bona fide Witch about it. Maybe I should find a site to discuss this. Maybe here on this thread? I don't know if Witchvox is a site to go to.

by Anonymousreply 289June 1, 2014 3:17 AM

I know this sounds stupid/bizarre, but when I was in college I smoked some marijuana and then took some in brownie form and since then, I feel like I've been possessed in some weird way. I have skin problems that won't go away. I feel like my life is in a standstill. I don't have any qualms about drugs (I don't use them but don't judge those who recreationally toke), but I feel as though that weed was haunted, or someone put a spell on it. I was hanging out with very strange/weird girls.

Can any psychic/spirtual person tell me how to get rid of the weird "curse" on me? It seems very low-grade, but I want to get rid of it.

by Anonymousreply 290June 1, 2014 3:55 AM

R290

Sage yourself.

by Anonymousreply 291June 1, 2014 4:11 AM

I petition Saint Olaf!

by Anonymousreply 292June 1, 2014 4:22 AM

I played with a Ouija and was possessed by ZaSu Pitts!

by Anonymousreply 293June 1, 2014 4:50 AM

r290, I'm going to take your post seriously and tell you that I doubt anyone hoodood the Maryjane. However, pot opens up the third eye chakra which is centered between the eyes at the base of the brow bone. If you want to develop your psychic abilities then meditating on the Third Eye is a good place to start. Anyone who smokes pot on a regular basis will attest to the fact that it is a great tool to help develop and strengthen the intuition.The Rastafarians use it as a sacrament and believe that to be true, too. You many have picked up on the fact that your "friends" play at being witches and use it for silly, manipulative games. Like casting lovespells or trying to curse an enemy. Perhaps you have convinced yourself that they have done something like that to you. Perhaps they WANTED you to believe that. Here's a solution. If the area you live in doesn't have a Wicca shop then go online. Try The Witches Voice. There are many reputable vendors who advertise on that site. Buy a light blue 7-day devotional candle in a glass holder. You can find them in most groceries. Buy Peace and Protection oil. A half-dram is enough. Buy some sage and do what r291 suggests. First do a dry brush of your body. Then take a hot shower. Apply some P&P oil to your third eye chakra, heart chakra, solar plexis, wrists and the soles of both feet. Just a little will do! Now, burn the sage and go from room to room making sure you sage the corners of each room. Negative energies collect in the corners. When you have done that you should feel a lightening of the atmosphere in your living space. Take the blue candle out of the holder, put a few drops of honey in the bottom of the glass holder, and one penny. Carve your initials in the candle. Also carve the words peace and protection in the candle. Then starting from the center of the candle, take a few drops of oil in your palm and oil the candle using one stroke down and one stroke up. Yes, just like a handjob:) When you have oiled the candle, replace it in the holder and light it. Use a lighter, not matches. Meditate on the flame and see yourself free from all the negativity that may be surrounding you and in your living space. You can even recite a prayer to St. Michael to protect you from evil and remove all negative entities, spirits and people from your person, living space and life. You don't have to be a Catholic for him to help you. You can let the candle burn continuously, or burn it for an hour each day for seven days. You will see a difference. From that day on choose your "friends" wisely. And don't smoke anymore pot. You obviously can't handle it:) Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 294June 1, 2014 5:12 AM

Don't you mean MARGIE!, r293?

by Anonymousreply 295June 1, 2014 5:13 AM

r294, r289 here. Are you a bona fide witch? I would like to explain what happened to me and what to do about it. Witchvox doesn't have a forum section as I thought it did. I don't know if you post here or visit this thread often. That is why I didn't go into too much detail.

by Anonymousreply 296June 1, 2014 8:56 PM

Well, I'm a practicing Witch, r296. I don't know exactly what you mean by "bono fide":) Where are you located? I might be able to find someone to help you. You can post about your dilemma here if you want or if it's too personal or embarrassing I can steer you to the website of a "bona fide" High Priestess who might be able to help you find a solution to your problem. And she won't judge you. I'm glad to help, r296.

by Anonymousreply 297June 1, 2014 10:07 PM

by Anonymousreply 298September 23, 2014 6:52 PM

C'mon, y'all, don't leave me hanging!

Did r296 manage to purge his issue?

Did r284 manage to find someone to occupy his portal?

Damn, people.

GIVE ME MORE!

by Anonymousreply 299September 23, 2014 11:36 PM

I used a Oujia board in the can at work and an evil spirit now paces outside the stall, evil eye-ing my shoes.

by Anonymousreply 300September 24, 2014 1:23 AM

October bump

by Anonymousreply 301October 7, 2014 6:59 AM

They scare me. There are powers higher than those of man. I learned that from Kathy Bates in MISERY.

by Anonymousreply 302October 7, 2014 12:15 PM

[quote]Why not pray instead? That never hurt or frightened anyone

Because a printed sheet of cardboard is real. That God you pray to isn't.

Using a ouija board or praying are both useless exercises.

by Anonymousreply 303October 7, 2014 1:02 PM

A Ouija board ticked off my friend. Ouija said my friend was going to another state. She asked which one. Ouija replied: "The crazy state." Because she came from a family full of mental illness, Ouija was forever silenced.

by Anonymousreply 304October 7, 2014 10:32 PM

Poet James Merrill became enthralled and then gradually obsessed with the Ouija.

His epic poem The Changing Light At Sandover was inspired by this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305October 7, 2014 10:57 PM

This new Ouija flick will pale next to Kevin Tenney's 1986 film...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306October 7, 2014 11:03 PM

My friend Julie is a Oujia board.

by Anonymousreply 307October 7, 2014 11:37 PM

I have a Psychic Circle ouija board hanging in my living room and no issues.

That might be a better board for those who are afraid.

by Anonymousreply 308October 8, 2014 12:12 AM

r297, if you still frequent this site,if you could post a website where I could go to ask questions and discuss my situation, I would appreciate it greatly. A great big TIA for you!

I also have a question about Tarot cards.

The occult has always fascinated me. I was told late in life by my father that ( back in Europe) there is a witch in our family tree on his side. I discovered from my mother that this is definitely in her side of the family as well, back in Europe,too. She eventually taught me something, but I don't want to go into details here. She would NOT teach me more. I don't know why. I always wondered what she knew and why I wasn't taught more.

Although I am very curious, and very spiritual and deeply drawn to nature, I am also very, well, afraid. One night, all alone, I listened to something inside myself and did something, all by myself in a beautiful outdoor place to which I am drawn. I don't know if I created a new path for myself OR did I or could I possibly unleash things over which I have no control. I am leery to go further. That's not to say I don't want to, however. Just afraid, and with no teacher and no idea how to find one.

by Anonymousreply 309October 8, 2014 12:40 AM

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

by Anonymousreply 310October 8, 2014 1:52 AM

Back in the 90s knew of a college guy who became obsessed with using one and he ended up killing himself because he found out he had a prior life he didn't like. A priest tried to help him, but it was too late.

by Anonymousreply 311October 9, 2014 11:44 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 312November 17, 2014 4:25 AM

Well?

by Anonymousreply 313June 6, 2016 5:00 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 314February 26, 2019 11:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!